User Tag List

Page 203 of 340 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,150 of 16996

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the veracity of expert testimony/evidence is very much something which can be grounds for appeal/review - Sally Clarke/Roy Meadows etc.

The truly terrifying thing is quite how many 'expert witnesses' are in fact absolute charlatans.

Wasn't there some reasonably recent high profile fraud case that collapsed when it turned out the star prosecution expert witness had essentially made up all of his qualifications and had been whoring himself out as an expert in such matters for years?

Aye, here it is:

An example of the continuing problems with expert evidence was provided on 30 May 2019, when a multimillion pound fraud trial collapsed at Southwark Crown Court. It collapsed because the prosecution’s expert on the carbon credit market, a Mr Andrew Ager, was found to be entirely unqualified for the role. Mr Ager stated he had given evidence in a 22 previous trials, where defendants had been convicted and imprisoned, before his inadequacies were revealed, which should be a cause for considerable anxiety.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sally Clarke case is so tragic. Imagine losing two kids, then being split from your newborn because you were falsely convicted of murdering them.

It's hardly a surprise she ended up drinking herself to death.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defund the NHS.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it always nurses who bump people off rather than doctors? Doctors, as we know, are solely motivated by money, so maybe the perks/wages keeps them in line, where as the hard-pressed nurses have less to lose.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Harold Shipman was a nurse.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The exception that proves the rule, and - and mate - he blew it trying to make money out of it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only just realised that Shipman was only 52 when he was caught. I thought he was about 70.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All those late night ward shifts as an F1 took their toll.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was billy big bollocks when he first went in the nick thinking he would get away with it at trial, by all accounts.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58805186

What? Does she think nobody else knows how it works?

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a serious piece on the BBC News at ten

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marketing grifter.

Why Scott Morrison and his government oppose a NSW-style anti-corruption watchdog

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/why-scot...c7K0xRSdQ1KUZs
    Last edited by Queenslander; 06-10-2021 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58805186

What? Does she think nobody else knows how it works?
    Isn't she actually an aspiring actor/model? Not a 'crisis actor' as she bemoans to the press but someone who would be potentially pleased with all this media attention?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This cunt is my second cousin, although I have never met him and never knew he existed until he was in the news. His defence - which the family apparently sold their house to pay for - didn't submit any evidence, and tried to argue that the fact he didn't dispose of his dirty murder scene clothes, and went round trying to sell the dead lad's bike, actually proves he never did it, because only a murderer would attempt to cover their tracks. What sort of Lionel Hutz shit is that?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rest of that website is hilarious. The ‘top 6 people who have been jailed this week’ popped me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This cunt is my second cousin, although I have never met him and never knew he existed until he was in the news. His defence - which the family apparently sold their house to pay for - didn't submit any evidence, and tried to argue that the fact he didn't dispose of his dirty murder scene clothes, and went round trying to sell the dead lad's bike, actually proves he never did it, because only a murderer would attempt to cover their tracks. What sort of Lionel Hutz shit is that?
    They had a cheeky toke together every day, thus proving there was no murder!

£100,000 please.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Jon Venables isn’t dead, as initially reported. (Eyes gouged out in Port Talbot)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58826189

I mean really, what's the point at this stage?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a bit of a storm in US women's soccer at the moment, with a male head coach accused of sexual harassment now, I'm going to sound like a bit of a dinosaur, but some of the allegations are really weird.

In the report, former player Sinead Farrelly described how a married Riley coerced her into his hotel room to have sex. Another reported incident describes Riley coercing Farrelly and teammate Mana Shim back to his apartment and pressuring the two to kiss each other in exchange for the team not doing training the next day".
    How are grown-assed women "pressured" or "coerced" by that. Tell him to fuck off and leave the room. Maybe I'm out of touch, and these women really were scared for their life/careers.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't they all lesbians?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Aren't they all lesbians?
    Aye, that too

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either they're all empowered these days to chat shit and have their moment in the limelight or I really slept on the power we yield. Both equally disgusting outcomes.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    There's a bit of a storm in US women's soccer at the moment, with a male head coach accused of sexual harassment now, I'm going to sound like a bit of a dinosaur, but some of the allegations are really weird.

How are grown-assed women "pressured" or "coerced" by that. Tell him to fuck off and leave the room. Maybe I'm out of touch, and these women really were scared for their life/careers.
    Someone in a managerial role pressuring their underlings to kiss for their own sexual gratification is a bit off mate. Soz like.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty unprofessional for an International football player to be trying to get days off training.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Someone in a managerial role pressuring their underlings to kiss for their own sexual gratification is a bit off mate. Soz like.
    Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I agree it's a bit off, especially given he's the manager. My issue is why these players merrily went along with it and fucked him, or kissed a mate. Just tell him to fuck off and get on with it and report it if you deem it worthy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I agree it's a bit off, especially given he's the manager. My issue is why these players merrily went along with it and fucked him, or kissed a mate. Just tell him to fuck off and get on with it and report it if you deem it worthy.
    Have a quick word with Pavel on Twitter and he can help you nail the victim blaming properly.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a quick word with Pavel on Twitter and he can help you nail the victim blaming properly.
    Yes, these victims - being asked to have sex and agreeing to it - not quite the same as short skirt wearing asking to be raped, is it? Nice false equivalence though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That first sentence is all over the place though. Married? Relevance? He coerced her into the room, but no mention of the sex being coerced, did she want it in the corridor? The less said about the second bit the better, although I see he was busy coercing people into rooms again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, these victims - being asked to have sex and agreeing to it - not quite the same as short skirt wearing asking to be raped, is it? Nice false equivalence though.
    Mate...

If you can't see the subtext behind a manager asking for sexual favours in exchange for rewards then I can't help you.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final piece of the puzzle.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says he is planning further action to deal with anonymous abuse online
    The Deputy Prime Minister has also argued for social media companies to shoulder more responsibility
    Mr Morrison says social media companies should have to identify anonymous trolls or be held accountable
    Mr Morrison said he wanted to add his voice to what Mr Joyce had said and urged tech giants to take more responsibility for what was published on their sites.

"[The] lack of accountability that sits around it is just not on," he said.

"You can expect us to be leaning further into this."

Mr Joyce urged his colleagues to consider what could be done to fix the problem in a timely manner.

"There's a congressional inquiry in the United States looking into this," he said.

"I think Australia should be looking into this.

"The idea that someone can have a pseudonym on Twitter and say the most outrageous things and we in 2021 sit back and say that is fair enough, that has got to stop."
    Last edited by Queenslander; 07-10-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate...

If you can't see the subtext behind a manager asking for sexual favours in exchange for rewards then I can't help you.
    You seem to be really struggling here. Yes, he is a bad person - we all know that - but equivalating somebody using a position of power to ask to get laid (and them agreeing to it) and rape, well... we are probably done here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to be really struggling here. Yes, he is a bad person - we all know that - but equivalating somebody using a position of power to ask to get laid (and them agreeing to it) and rape, well... we are probably done here.
    https://www.womenshealth.gov/relatio...exual-coercion

Sexual coercion is unwanted sexual activity that happens when you are pressured, tricked, threatened, or forced in a nonphysical way. Coercion can make you think you owe sex to someone. It might be from someone who has power over you, like a teacher, landlord, or a boss. No person is ever required to have sex with someone else."
    Sexual coercion can be a type of sexual violence. If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you are in a safe place, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-HOPE (4673) or chat online with a trained hotline worker on the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline at any time to get help.

Some sexual coercion is against the law or violates school, rental, or workplace policies. Sexual coercion from someone at school, work, or a rental company or loan office is usually called sexual harassment. If you are younger than 18, tell a trusted adult about what happened. If you are an adult, consider talking to someone about getting help and reporting the person to the local authorities. You could talk to a counselor, the human resources department, or the local police.

You can also file a sexual harassment complaint with a federal agency. For workplace sexual harassment complaints, contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). For school sexual harassment complaints, contact the U.S. Department of Education. For housing sexual harassment complaints, contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development or the U.S. Department of Justice at 1-844-380-6178 or fairhousing@usdoj.gov.
    Sorry for conflating rape and "sexual violence".

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut up, you intersectional feminist wannabe.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This stuff was conflated a lot during the Harvey Weinstein coverage. By all means nail him to the wall for the assaults 'n' rapes, but you didn't *have* to suck his cock for a job love.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given the power he had in the industry at the time, they essentially did have to or they'd lose their livelihood, right?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about your areas but there has already been a Couzens copy cat in Barrow: https://www.facebook.com/82942783549...9442644443550/

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been a couple of people around here asking women to get into their cars the last few days. For a certain percentage of men the Couzens/Everard details must have been proper wank bank material.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What details la's.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About time someone had a bit of sense against these cunts.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a way to go Jesus Christ.

Crocodiles kill two divers hunting for sea cucumbers in Solomon Islands after ban lifted
    http://home.gihttps://www.abc.net.au...-mer/100515588

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lifting the ban on crocodiles killing people was always going to end badly.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do sea cucumbers require very much hunting? Surely it's more going and picking them up.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they literally shit their guts out when touched, or is that just when an animal tries to eat them?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s a programme called meat eater on Netflix where he goes searching for these in Alaska after struggling to find deer.

It’ll be on your tube too. Good episode, good programme. Foe recommended.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they literally shit their guts out when touched, or is that just when an animal tries to eat them?
    They need to be distressed. Just touching them won’t do it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, you’d have to be absolutely desperate to fire into waters you expect crocodiles to be in the dark.

Proper mad man behaviour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    They need to be distressed. Just touching them won’t do it.
    Depends who it is surely. What if it's Mahow clawing at you? I'd shit my guts out.