User Tag List

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The House Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    My friend was almost scared into not buying because of Brexit, but surely if house prices fall by such an extent to make it worthwhile waiting then they will only have done so because of an actual economic crisis, in which case nobody will be lending you any money to buy even a cheaper one.
    And nobody will bother selling.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Mine does not have a balcony. Thats, not a feature that I was looking for. I struggled to find an apartment that had a bath. Seems like alot of apartments are being built with showers only. Ive ended relationships with girls because they don't take a bath and have showers only. Im disgusted.
    I have a juliette balcony which while not amazing, means I get some good double patio doors in my living-room. There's enough room on the 'balcony' to technically stand on, but you're taking your life into your own hands. I have a bath too. So nailing it really.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely nuts storm last night flooded my house and took down almost every tree in the garden. Thank god for insurance.

Saw a couple of people died so could be worse.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Absolutely nuts storm last night flooded my house and took down almost every tree in the garden. Thank god for insurance.

Saw a couple of people died so could be worse.
    Damm. Any bad damage? You are currently living in The Alps?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The carpets go squelch, the parquee flooring is fucked and it smells like wet dog. Moved all the elctronics the moment I saw water coming through the door. No I don't live in the alps.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could do with a TTh map that pinpoints everyone’s living city.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a nice house in what I thought was an okay area of Belfast there. Had a look at it on street view and there's a house across the street boarded up with 'UVF' scrawled across the boards on the windows.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motivated seller.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many knee caps do you actually need anyway? Me and DS get by alright.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you lost a kneecap Spikey?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may as well have, the useless cunt.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of places I've enquired about viewing now and the estate agent has told me there's an offer around 10k over the asking price. Given that housing in NI is pretty cheap, 10k is a significant percentage of the value. Maybe about 7-8%. Is this for real or are estate agents trying to drive up prices?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also fuck estate agents being absolutely useless at doing evening or weekend viewings.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found a brand new hatred from Estate Agents while trying to sell my house. They're all total cunts, every single one of them.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're on a par with recruiters.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're also the slowest workers in any job. Takes them weeks to do anything.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Couple of places I've enquired about viewing now and the estate agent has told me there's an offer around 10k over the asking price. Given that housing in NI is pretty cheap, 10k is a significant percentage of the value. Maybe about 7-8%. Is this for real or are estate agents trying to drive up prices?
    Lol, no. It's a buyer's market and nothing is selling at asking price. They're desperate because the wheels are coming off and they've got bills to pay. Fuck these people into a swamp

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Lol, no. It's a buyer's market and nothing is selling at asking price. They're desperate because the wheels are coming off and they've got bills to pay. Fuck these people into a swamp
    I dunno, I just checked and one of the ones that I was told had an offer of around 10k over the asking price is now listed as 'sale agreed'.

Edit: The market here still seems to be doing alright
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/northern-ireland-house-price-rise-biggest-in-uk-37933645.html
    Last edited by Boydy; 19-06-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had an offer tonight that's £2k below asking price, which we're going to provisionally accept. I'm not convinced it will end up happening. The guy is an investor and seems to be throwing offers randomly at houses in the area. Plus he started £30k below asking price yesterday, and has come up in tiny increments since then.

My wife is feeling really optimistic about it, but I think he's just a timewasting tosser.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sold some land recently and had so many fucking timewasters. Not sure what they get out of it by offering money they haven't got.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viewed a house this afternoon. First one I've seen. I've no idea what I'm doing. It was quite nice but I didn't love it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kick the bricks to check it's nice and solid.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It had a bit of a musty smell but is that just it being locked up with no one in it at the minute? And the plaster on a wall in one of the spare bedrooms looked a bit shit but is that just a case of needing it replastered? Or could it be underlying problems? I don't know these things.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take an adult with you.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why I've been trying to get evening or weekend viewings so my dad could maybe come along but estate agents are fucking twats.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had email saying from the lawyer sayingThe Contractual doc is still being drafted. Its been 3 months on this bullshit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Boyd is getting arsey about estate agents, I can't wait until the Solicitors get involved. 12 weeks of heel dragging and attempting to justify their price/inactivity.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll knock them out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will cost you £70 for the letter they'll send you explaining why they caused you to take such action.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do they even do in the process? Sign a few forms and receive the deeds? I could do that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    What do they even do in the process? Sign a few forms and receive the deeds? I could do that.
    They do very, very little you couldn't do yourself. Including writing to the local council to ask if the house is in a flooding/earthquake danger zone. £70. Robbing cunts.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So long as they don't ask about warzone.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    If Boyd is getting arsey about estate agents, I can't wait until the Solicitors get involved. 12 weeks of heel dragging and attempting to justify their price/inactivity.
    My solicitor first managed to send me somebody else's lease agreement (they claimed impossible, but the person on the wrong lease has a surname that would be next to mine in the alphabet so they've clearly pulled it out of the next door file like retards) and then took three weeks just to confirm that they had received my deposit.

I'm now in limbo until god knows when as the flat has been bought (not exchanged, but it's all done) but we're all waiting for the council to grant planning permission for them to keep the road/pavement in its existing state, as the developer has been caught pulling a fast one trying to cheat its previously granted planning permission. Might move September if I'm lucky.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My house is now "Sold STC". We're travelling to the Midlands next weekend to do some viewings. I still feel sceptical it will come to anything, but I've gone from 10% to 50% in terms of optimism.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, yesterday we spent the entire day driving around different areas of Warwickshire and the Midlands viewing houses. The end result is that we love one house that ticks every box and is 10 times better than the Rightmove photos suggest. It's been really poorly marketed - a handful of photos, no floor plan, and no measurements. However, when we got there it was absolutely huge, and would be a massive upgrade on our current place. It's on for £390k, but we think we can probably get for £370k - the vendor (who did the viewing) said they'd had "a few" viewings so far and no offers - it's been on the market since March, and has come down from £450k. I almost feel like telling them they've been fucked over by their estate agents, but their loss might be my gain.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be doing some property development with my Mum.

I put in just over £20k into the current house which has now sold and we have a bid accepted for a new place.

Bit daunting because the new place is in an excellent location and could be worth a mint if done right but there's loads of things wrong with it right now.

Survey came back the other day and there are only like four things listed as 1 (need no work at all). Structurally it's sound and the walls are thick (it's right next to the train station and it was done so you can't hear the trains) but inside there is a lot of work. Rising damp downstairs, electrics need re-wiring, there are no gas/water etc certificates, potential for rot in the floors downstairs etc etc. There's also no parking at the property (have to pay for a permit and park about 5-10 minutes walk away).

Current plan, largely because it's right next to the station and no parking, is to turn the place into two two-bedroom flats. We'll sell the top one after about a year and keep the bottom for rent.

Also means I'll be living with my Mum for a few more years but the plan is to have a flat with no mortgage at the end of it to live in as well as some rental income.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could buy a house if you didn't fly to Frankfurt everytime you wanted a hotdog.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re selling our flat on Wednesday and buying a new one next Thursday.

We really bought the current one at the right time as the price we’re getting is 30k more than we paid two and a half years back. The one we’re buying is roughly 20k under the market value as the sellers knocked off the agent fee as there was no need for one. We also sold ours by ourselves so that’s a hefty saving for us too. Really happy with it all as we get 30 m2 more living space and a yard and it’s all in one floor. Our living costs will be the same as now too as we’ll own the land it is built on unlike in our current place.

My family will be closer to us too and it’s a five minute walk away from the tube.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to see a house tomorrow after work and if it's as nice as it looks in the pictures (probably not - are they ever?), I think I'll be wanting to stick an offer in. The ad says 'asking price' rather than 'offers around' or 'offers over'. Should I bid below that first to see what happens or what?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always worth offering low to start with, unless you know for a fact it's super competitive. My last house was "Offers over £265k" and we got it for £250k.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 weeks now and only 1 viewing. So much for my BIDDING WAR.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a cold war.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Its always worth offering low to start with, unless you know for a fact it's super competitive. My last house was "Offers over £265k" and we got it for £250k.
    I found another house on the same road that had recently gone sale agreed for the asking price of this one. But it had an attic converted into an office/extra room so you were getting a bit more space.

Not sure how long this one's been on the market but I know there aren't any offers yet. I reckon it's probably overvalued.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    6 weeks now and only 1 viewing. So much for my BIDDING WAR.
    That's tragic (mind the pun). I can only assume it's not a desirable area to live in, as you'd at least be getting viewings even if it was overvalued. Do you have any idea how many views and saves you're getting on Rightmove?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    That's tragic (mind the pun). I can only assume it's not a desirable area to live in, as you'd at least be getting viewings even if it was overvalued. Do you have any idea how many views and saves you're getting on Rightmove?
    The dundee fowk will confirm the area. We've seen massive overspend even just round the corner so I don't understand.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that your house?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)