User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Leeds United Thread

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Look at the boy from Wolves we signed. And Jack Clarke. All dodge.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    At this point I think it's impossible to judge transfer fees. Is 10 million over the three years better than 5.5million this year? Does him going off the books this year change something FFP-wise? etc.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ielsa-language

Seemingly so.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we looked really good today. We even weathered that last ten minutes or so after they scored quite well, because I was initially worried everyone was going to lose their heads.

Aside from it being a really good attacking performance and the obvious stand-out contribution from Hernandez, I thought Ben White looked great at the back. He reads the game well and he looked very calm and composed, both in the tackle and in possession.

My only concern is Kiko and his impulsive "I think I'll just come charging off my line for no reason now" moments. He made a couple of good stops, to be fair to him. But I wish he would just behave himself.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Amazon documentary series about last season came out today. I kind of don't know whether I want to watch it or not.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a twenty-four hours. Promotion and now champions, without kicking a ball.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Llorente screams back on loan to Villareal in 12 months as does Rodrigo.

Not really enjoying this transfer strategy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a satisfying three points today. I thought we were quite evenly matched, so it was nice to come away with the win. I think the fitness-centric mentality Bielsa instills really helped us towards the end there, it was the difference for me. Bamford typifies it. He worked his bollocks off for the entire ninety minutes and got us the result. He was still blowing out of his arse when they interviewed him post game, five minutes after the final whistle. I'm very happy for the lad at the minute, and I say that as somebody who wasn't adverse to giving him stick last season.

It did a lot to ease my concerns about us at the back too. Koch looked massively improved today, he had a great game. Obviously Meslier was fantastic as well. Assuming we've still got the option buy on Harrison (and I think we have) we ought to just tie that up right now. Because the lads actually value on paper has doubled, at least, since he became a Premier League player.

I though Poveda looked quite handy when he came on as well, not afraid to have a go at anyone. He's just a little but impulsive, but he's still only young. Rodrigo I was less impressed with. It's obviously very early days, but he doesn't look a £30 million man to me. The old subbed on/subbed back off move is classic Bielsa too. Basically - "Not what I was looking for, back on the bench for you".