Page 88 of 312 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,400 of 15592

Thread: The NFL Thread

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd read nothing into any preseason performances. Players are at about 30%.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my interest in pre-season extends to headlines and very little else.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-season is usually for giving the fringe players a shot in an actual game, with those not impressing getting the boot. Like our fallen hero Aguayo. He was given another chance and he pulled it, wide right.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So they basically wasted a second, third & fourth on Aguayo?!
    No just the 3rd and 4th. They already used their 2nd.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say the second round pick was wasted too, considering he's now jobless.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can either look at it as them wasting a second rounder or a third and fourth, not all three.

Their other second-rounder is still with them.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bears have claimed him.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts on nobody taking Kaepernick?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idiocy, unless he's being prohibitive on price. He'd easily be the best backup in the league.

Interesting to see how Marshawn Lynch pans out now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Giggles on Kaepernick. He's not going to get back to his best before people worked him out and I wouldn't expect anybody to take him as a starter but the sole reason he's not been signed is because he's dared to have an opinion just the wrong side of what's considered to be acceptable.

And that this is happening in a league where Michael Vick, say, got to work again is... I dunno what word best captures my feelings, but disgraceful would probably be fair.

Dog fighting? Cool. Batter your wife? No problem! Beat your kids with bits of wood? Sure thing, buddy!

Not indulge in mindless patriotism? Woah there, big guy, that's worrying.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's vastly overrated but at the same time there are backups that are a hell of a lot worse than him.

It's clear that he's been blackballed by the league because of the kneeling which is absolutely mental.

Hell, he'd actually be alright as a backup trying to imitate other running QB's so a defence is able to work it out better.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm with Giggles on Kaepernick. He's not going to get back to his best before people worked him out and I wouldn't expect anybody to take him as a starter but the sole reason he's not been signed is because he's dared to have an opinion just the wrong side of what's considered to be acceptable.

And that this is happening in a league where Michael Vick, say, got to work again is... I dunno what word best captures my feelings, but disgraceful would probably be fair.

Dog fighting? Cool. Batter your wife? No problem! Beat your kids with bits of wood? Sure thing, buddy!

Not indulge in mindless patriotism? Woah there, big guy, that's worrying.
    This pretty much sums it up for me.

He's pretty crap, so he might not have got a job anyway if he's asking for stupid money, but you do get the feeling that it's almost exclusively because he has the insane belief that unarmed minorities shouldn't be shot by police officers. Without that somebody would take a punt on him - there's no way he'd be any worse than guys like Matt Schaub & Kellen Moore, or guys like Trevone Boykin & EJ Manuel if you want to look at guys that are more like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the bigger issue with him is that at this point you only bring him in if he's a clear upgrade on your starter, and I don't see any places in the league where it's that clear cut.

For sure he's close to several starting qbs, but if it's not cut and dried why take on the salary and the perceived baggage?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concern is that there is perceived to be baggage at all. Has he ever had a real issue in terns of his professionalism?

A team draft Mixon or Tyreek Hill but Kaepernick is too worrying a prospect for them? C'mon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The concern is that there is perceived to be baggage at all. Has he ever had a real issue in terns of his professionalism?

A team draft Mixon or Tyreek Hill but Kaepernick is too worrying a prospect for them? C'mon.
    But that's exactly my point, Hill and Mixon upgrade their teams at their position, unless Kap is a lock to do that why take him on and deal with the perception.

I completely agree that his national anthem stance should be a non issue, particularly given that other players are expressing themselves the same way and are still playing

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think he could be better than a fair few starters in the league too. Some of his bad play is his own fault, but he had Chip Kelly which gives him a pass of sorts.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Jordan Matthews got injured 15 minutes into his first practice with the Bills

2-3 weeks out.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan Mathews has been cut.

Edit: I've just seen the whole 2010 RB class:

Spiller
    Mathews
    Jahvid Best
    Dexter McCluster
    Toby Gerhart
    Ben Tate
    Montario Hardesty
    Joe McKnight
    Anthony Dixon
    Deji Karim
    Jonathan Dwyer
    James Starks
    Charles Scott

All of them bar Spiller are without a club.

Undrafted RB's that year have fared better. Joique Bell (although he has no club now), Chris Ivory and Blount.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Baker heckling the kickers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a gamepass trial and just watched our game in 40 (great thing tbh).

Again, Woodrum outperformed Mallet and he looks so much more composed. It looks like he's actually in control of things.

Mallet: 13/22, 113 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT.
    Woodrum: 8/10, 110 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT. 3 rushes, 15 yards, 2 TD.

Mallet looks shaky in the pocket whereas Woodrum looks like he belongs. I really hope we keep Woodrum as our number 2 but the staff usually play safe for a backup QB.

Also, Tucker is even fucking recovering fumbles on kick offs too.

And, Maxx Williams could be the real deal if he actually manages to stay healthy. No easy feat with our team.

Edit: Just seen that Folk missed a FG and a PAT. BRING BACK AGUAYO.

I would have no faith in Mallet attempting that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Condensed games are wonderful. If I'm watching a game sociably then sure, the full wankathon is fine but if it's just me I'd rather just get on with it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-retires-again

Orr has officially retired again.

Makes sense really and was to be expected. He had a lot of interest and yet there was no deal for months.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-twoyear-deal

Zuttah is back in Baltimore.

Money paid out indicates a starter but Jensen has been doing well. I assume Jensen will be kicked to left guard though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the Jags have finally cottoned on to Bortles being shit to the point that they view the QB job as now an open competition.

It might have something to do with Allen Robinson being in contract year, as well as big investments in both picks and recruits. But we all know they'll be back in the top 5 picks again next year looking down the barrel at another QB.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New team but same old Aguayo:

That might be the worst miss ever tbh.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    New team but same old Aguayo:

That might be the worst miss ever tbh.
    No miss from 49 yards is the worst miss ever.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    No miss from 49 yards is the worst miss ever.
    It was how he missed it though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the worst miss ever, even if it is a weird, swervey shank of a hit. He'll have done worse himself.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of ease of kick and importance, Blair Walsh is the one that sticks in my mind.

Cundiff was also terrible but I remember him being further out.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just catching up with some of the week two preseason games. Man, Kasen Williams has played himself onto the Seahawks roster already. Still going to be fifth WR at best, especially since all he's done is catch jump balls, but if he & Paul Richardson can both keep getting better each year they'll have a very nice group of recievers for the future.

Still don't think I've seen LaQuon Treadwell in the preseason though, which doesn't bode very well for his chances of making a big jump up the Vikings depth chart any time soon.

Also, Cooper Rush over Kellen 'The Limp-Armed Lefty' Moore all day. His fumble was spectacular. Stephen Morris looked better than Scott Tolzien too, not that either of them should really be near a starting job, even for one game.

EDIT: Anquan Boldin's retired. All going to shit for Buffalo. From memory I think they have Corey/Philly Brown as their most experienced reciever Just had a look & they also have Rod Streater (injured) & Andre Holmes (getting talked up by McDermott). WHAT A BUNCH OF STUDS.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget newly aquired star WR Jordan Matthews!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jordan Matthews/Zay Jones/??? does not do a whole lot to make me think Tyrod Taylor's going to ball out this year. Fingers crossed McCoy stays healthy, or else they're going to be one of the worst five teams in the league. They might be anyway, to be honest.

That division is going to even easier for the Patriots to steamroller than usual. They could probably play their defence & offence the wrong way round & still go 3-3.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyrod will just run it himself.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we ever had a QB rush for 1000 yards? Tyrod might have to get there for the Bills to even get to 6 wins. Then again, he might get pulled for Nathan Peterman before the season ends.

EDIT: You know what, Jared Goff actually looked not shit this week. If Sammy Watkins stays healthy they might even be a bottom ten offence, rather than a bottom five one. Justin Davis needs to be on their roster too, he looks better than Gurley when he's out there, albeit he's against GUYS WHO WILL BE WORKING AT PAPAJOHNS NEXT MONTH rather than actual starting quality NFL players.

Nice to see Lynch managing a few carries without falling apart. The catch from Amari Cooper

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catching up with the last couple of week 2 games. Josh Dobbs looks to be actively competing with Kellen Moore for the title of worst backup QB. Landry Jones has to be better, which is a terrifying thought for Steelers fans considering Big Ben is injured every third week.

John Conner looks lively though. First time I've seen him play & he already looks to have a bit of Lev Bell patience in him, which is ironic considering Bell hasn't even been there for him to learn it from. Shame he completely whiffed on a wide open catch with fifty yards of open space in front of him though.

Martavis looks to have come back into his old role, with a couple of run plays (that all failed miserably) & a deep catch (where it looked like he pushed off the CB). Still bodes well for the regular season, assuming he's actually allowed to play.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edelman is gone for the season.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is too early to tell that the Seahawks look a bit formidable?Or is it just preseason afterglow?The line doesn't look a complete dumpster fire,Russ is firing in all cylinders and we possibly have Kasen Williams and Chris Carson who both have looked absolute dons so far.Thoughts?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got relatively high hopes this year, injuries really disrupted last.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Browns are 2-0 in pre-season having beaten the Saints and the Giants. Patriots 0-2 losing to the Texans and the Jaguars. Pay no attention to pre-season results/performances.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the first preseason ever Eddie Lacy doesn't look like Warren Sapp.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason the Jaguars have named Bortles starter for week 1.

It looked like Henne was looking like the starter.

I'd have signed Kaepernick, he's as good if not slightly better than both and would sell more shirts.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For week one, maybe. But when the Texans get three INTS it'll be Chad Henne's time to shine.

Add another one to the list of teams trying to get a QB in the first round of next year's draft - could end up with a quarter of the league fighting it out to try to nab one of the top guys if things fall right.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edelman is confirmed done for the season.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't rule out the possibility he doesn't play in New England again either. Speaking of which, they've just let Kony Ealy go as nobody would trade for him.

Onto week three games now & every time I watch Jacksonville I like Corey Grant more & more. They should really be going with him & Fournette as their main two guys, keeping Ivory to spell Fournette & cutting TJ Yeldon who's just awful. Also, what did Allen Hurns do to get himself buried down the depth chart?

Bortles throwing a pick & an intercepted 2pt try against backups is starter quality for sure.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Justin Tucker ran down a kick off, attempted a tackle (pushed the guy out of bounds) and is now in concussion protocol.

Last week he's recovering a fumble and trying to run it back, this week he's trying to run down his own kickoffs to ensure we don't give up yards.

Edit: It also seems that I've just started my 3rd free trial of Gamepass this preseason.

Edit: He laughs in the face of a concussion, he's back on the sidelines with his helmet.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just grabbed Tyrod off waivers and the Ravens smack his head into the floor. Dicks.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our backup defenders are absolutely dicking on the Bills first team offence (bar Tyrod now).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again Josh Woodum is showing why he should be our backup QB and the same with Jaylen Hill but as our starting nickel corner.

Just got his second pick of the pre-season.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure the Bills first team offence is equivalent to an average second string at this point, so putting them up against any of the Ravens defensive units is probably still a mismatch in Baltimore's favour.

Justin Tucker needs to calm down a bit. He's going to want to play linebacker next week.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to worry about a McCoy in R1 pick. He's obviously great, but he may have the Todd Gurley problem in which all other teams knew the Rams were going to run it so stack the box. The Bills don't seem to have a lot else.