User Tag List

Page 305 of 312 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 15,201 to 15,250 of 15592

Thread: The NFL Thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should put CMC at QB and go out with a bang.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trent Williams

Wonderful.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 29-01-2023 at 10:59 PM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, he's going to live an eventful, short life with that stature.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bungles O-Line is horrific.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fucking petty penalty to end a game and send a team to the Super Bowl.

0/2 on my selections and I’m fully in chiefs camp for the super bowl. I wanted the Texans to get mahomes in the draft when they ended up with watson so at least him winning is some solace. He’s so good.

Would be fun if hurts won the sb before Lamar though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheering for the Chiefs

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My annoying mate supports the Eagles so it’s either an unbearable night of that cunt, or the TikTok Chiefs. I hope the stadium burns down during the game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chiefs are great if you can block out his horrific wife and brother.

I'm happy it's against them as if we do lose, Andy Reid gets some more recognition.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broncos trading for Sean Payton.

Steep.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 31-01-2023 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last I'd heard it was between Ryans and Shaw but I was a bit surprised the Payton chat had gone quiet.

Also didn't we already trade our 2023 first rounder for Wilson or did we gain we gain one somewhere?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chubb?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Last I'd heard it was between Ryans and Shaw but I was a bit surprised the Payton chat had gone quiet.

Also didn't we already trade our 2023 first rounder for Wilson or did we gain we gain one somewhere?

And yeah, Chubb.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to us packaging both picks & another first rounder to move up into the top 10 so we can overdraft someone

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, Chubb, forgot about that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brady retiring. For real this time.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give it a week.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's calling Gisele as we speak.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Give it a week.
    You can see the look of a broken man in him now.

I think he's realised what he's lost to play that one last season.

In other news, Purdy got hit so bad he's out of next season as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From an onlookers perspective it's really hard to appreciate the forces involved in seemingly every aspect of American Football.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Brock Purdy era 2022-2022

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one am shocked, SHOCKED I tells ya, that violent woman-beating scumbag Joe Mixon is wanted by police for threatening to shoot a woman in the face.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone planning any decent food for tonight? Obviously Philly cheesesteaks are a given and evidently Kansas eat barbecue for every meal. Need some non-beef dishes I reckon.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember what my sister's making but she usually puts a decent spread on for food during the game. Dunno if there's any thematic food or not.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Birds, fuck the Chiefs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd half depends a lot on how mobile Mahomes is after the aggravated ankle injury.

If we didn't have that fumble then this game would have been going amazingly.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half time show was fine but not a patch on last year's.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's pregnant, right?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Chiefs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... Fuck.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It felt like the first half went well. We were constantly converting 3rd and 4th downs. Problem was it felt like a bit of a struggle through the game.
    Meanwhile the Chiefs seemed to score at will.

Second half the defence just didn't come out. The two completely blown coverages on the goal line were comically bad.

I don't like the holding call that essentially sealed it, but thems the breaks sometimes.

A shame for Hurts as he played so well and the injury didn't show until that final hail mary attempt.
    Felt kind of like a one shot deal for the Eagles though. A lot of players came in for this one year push. Kelce might be done after this and Hurts needs paying.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philly really went off the boil in the second half but the Chiefs stepped up basically all the departments that mattered and the Eagles didn't have a response.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the TikTok Chiefs are just better. Philly’s schedule was kind and their record was a bit flattering. Hurts is elite but they had a lot of things go their way en route. Neil Reynolds talking about their D-line being one of the best of all time was a hell of a stretch.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I thought the chiefs were just better from start to finish. Even on the opening drives they went through Philly like a hot knife through butter whilst Philly needed constant 3rd and even 4th down conversions. The Eagles defense might as well have stayed at home. Mahomes had one leg and they didn’t get to him once nor did they cover anyone all game…. Except Juju at the end. That it stayed close was something of a miracle and came down to Hurts being the best player on the field, but the chiefs had a lot more to offer.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game somewhat ruined by a classic NFL ending. The best and worst of American Football right there. Soft penalty, but they got away with others during the game. Andy Reid just monstered them in the second half. Philly paid in the end for taking so much time off the clock without getting the points on the board. Hurts deep shot at the end was a bit embarrassing from and arm strength perspective.

All the Mahomies will be pleased, which is a bit of a bind but whatever.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Great game somewhat ruined by a classic NFL ending
    You mean the 'not scoring when he could have' bit for clock management? If so I did think that if you were watching as a new / uneducated viewer would (rightly) think "What a load of absolute shit."

At least Amar Bradshaw had the decency to forget, try to save it and sit down into the endzone for an unwanted touchdown.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In those circumstances would the defending team be able to pick up the ball carrier (prior to them downing themselves) and carry them into the end zone?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting point. I assume so... play stops when forward progress has been sufficiently stalled but I can't think of any reason you couldn't hoik them over the line.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be an amusingly farcical situation.

I also think it's interesting how different people see the game completely differently. I probably leaned KC but I quite like both and just wanted a good game. For me there were a number of points where it felt like Philly were close to running away with it. When the Chiefs went 3 and out at 14-7 it felt like they needed someone to 'come up big' (think Fitzmagic said as much in commentary) and the fumble duly came. Then when they got the ball back with 1.40 to go in the first half I was just waiting for them to punch it in again, see Mahomes not come out for the second half so I could get on with my life but they kept hanging in there. Even the 3rd and 8 at the end felt like there would be time for a grandstand finish before that penalty call came.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was J Bell on ITV? Felt I missed out on some 'special teams for special players' analysis, particularly after the punt return watching the sky coverage.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was J Bell on ITV? Felt I missed out on some 'special teams for special players' analysis, particularly after the punt return watching the sky coverage.
    He was.

Laura Woods, Osi and J Bell as the pundits with FLETCH, Jack Crawford and MJD on comms.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do anything for Laura Woods. Big simpin’

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you just wont do that.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurts deep shot at the end was a bit embarrassing from and arm strength perspective.
    He's had a sprained shoulder that's badly affected him since about week 13 of the regular season. He doesn't have Mahomes levels of arm strength but he's better than he could show there. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have some kind of surgery in a week or two.

We've been way ahead in most previous games so it's been death by run for our opponents. This game was the most he's had to throw since the injury.

I also think it's interesting how different people see the game completely differently. I probably leaned KC but I quite like both and just wanted a good game. For me there were a number of points where it felt like Philly were close to running away with it. When the Chiefs went 3 and out at 14-7 it felt like they needed someone to 'come up big' (think Fitzmagic said as much in commentary) and the fumble duly came. Then when they got the ball back with 1.40 to go in the first half I was just waiting for them to punch it in again, see Mahomes not come out for the second half so I could get on with my life but they kept hanging in there. Even the 3rd and 8 at the end felt like there would be time for a grandstand finish before that penalty call came.
    Offence was stellar even with a limited Hurts. The difference was that it felt like it was tough for us, but they kept just coming on up with big 3rd and 4th down plays. Though when the Chiefs got the ball it was like a hot knife through butter whichever way they wanted, with a small blip before the half.

As you said at 14-7 when we got the ball back I thought that was when we'd take control, but then the fumble.

In the second half Andy Reid just out coached Sirianni. It didn't feel like much of a contest. Questions will be asked of Vic Fangio being brought in for 2 weeks to specifically plan to stop the Chiefs offence when the defence did literally nothing all game. I think we hit Mahomes once for the injury and maybe got close to 1 sack, but no picks or fumbles were even close.

The Eagles team is very similar to the one who beat the Pats a few years back. It was even a similar game. We had a big time defence then that came in and did nothing until the last 3 mins of the game. However unfortunately for us Mahomes is better now than Brady was then.

It's a shame for Hurts who deserved better, but the frankly embarrassing defensive effort in the 2nd half, especially on those goal to go plays, did not. Scoring 35 points and not winning should highlight the problem.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two greats teams played out a really great game there. As a neutral it was great. Complete opposite of this shit fest the rams defenced their way to last year.

Will the eagles pay hurts big? Or does hurts highlight that if you have a good, strong running qb who’s a decent thrower you can build a system around them and be successful.

How long until it’s back?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurts seems to be a genuine dual threat, so you bet he's gonna secure the bag soon.

The likes of Fields and Lamar run very well, but when it comes time to chuck it they're lacking IMO, hence the Ravens unwillingness to pay. Hurts is not quite as agile a runner, as those two, he's more of a power run guy. The offence with him under centre should be looking at the Lombardi in their hotel room right now. It wasn't them that was the problem.

Hurts however once he gets paid will be taking up a lot of cap unless he wants a very team friendly deal. Howie is going to have to work some magic.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all the 3rd [and 4th] down conversions seeming edgy was more of a fan thing. From the outside they felt a bit inevitable [particularly as you knew 4th and 1 was essentially a 1st down], although I can see how chucking the ball into double coverage and the like could hardly be viewed as high percentage plays. I think that's from the mentality of everything being 4 down territory. I only really got the sense things were going wrong for Philly when they couldn't get any serious points on the board in the second half despite continuing to chew up the clock. It felt like that might end up costing them both in points and time terms. Was that catch that was ruled incomplete on the sideline in the second half? Felt like a harsh call to me, they really had to fight for the angle to take it back. At the same time, on the incompletion that wasn't a fumble, I wish they'd shown the angle of the pass in replay. I'm sure it was forward, but I'd like to have had it confirmed in replay, because it it wasn't that becomes a touchdown, no?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Mixon has been a naughty boy again.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get the cunt jailed already.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He just wanted them damn kids off his lawn.

Shooting at them is perfectly reasonable.