User Tag List

Page 149 of 312 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,450 of 15592

Thread: The NFL Thread

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NFL shop are having a sale. I may have bought a Jalen Ramsey jersey & an Antonio Brown bumblebee jersey

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Ravens jersey is a Flacco salute to service one.

I think I'll pass.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peters + 6th (2018) for 2nd (2019) + 4th (2018).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Nobody's ever worth the number of picks we'd think. They probably got a second & third or something.
    Pretty close. Trade values are mad.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised it was that little seeing as he was still on his rookie contract.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had forgotten that the Chiefs have already acquired David Amerson and Kendall Fuller.

Neither are at Peters's level but they're solid options in what was a horrible secondary last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the face of it that's a poor return for a player of his quality and age - you have to figure that's going to be a low 2nd round pick next year.
    Maybe the bigger issue is cap room, the Chiefs are right up against it and Peters would be due a whopping contract after next season, so maybe you get what you can now and move on.
    if the Rams are getting anything other than a locker room train wreck they've done real well out of this

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I had a dream last night that the Saints were thinking of trading Marshon Lattimore for 25 picks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NFL shop are having a sale. I may have bought a Jalen Ramsey jersey & an Antonio Brown bumblebee jersey
    Went for Allen Robinson as he's on my dynasty team and it was £34. They better tag him now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jets have cut Mohammed Wilkerson which was always going to happen. When they got rid of Richardson and Snacks Harrison he phoned it in. Pats will probably pick him up and he'll go back to being one of the best 3-4 DT/DE's in the game.

Jonathan Stewart has been cut by the Panthers.

Matt Forte has retired.

Mike Glennon will be released too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tavon Austin is going to be traded or released. Jeff Fisher really fucked up (surprising) by giving him such a big contract, he's a mediocre gadget player.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    29 bench reps for Saquon & Nick Chubb, which ties the RB record. For the linemen Quenton Nelson managed 35, with Will Hernandez managing 37 to lead the way so far.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...did-at-combine

Is hand size the worst bullshit thing in judging players? I think it's a contender.

Mine are 9.75 inches so if any NFL team wants to pay me a mountain of cash to throw balls around and make Peyton look like a speed demon just let me know.
    I have Deshaun Watson sized hands apparently, still waiting on those phone calls...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Billy Price might've injured himself doing the bench

Orlando Brown, the big monster who was blocking for Baker Mayfield, and whose Dad was a former OT for the Ravens, managed FOURTEEN reps in the bench press Shockingly, he's planning to go again at his pro day in a bid to recover some dignity.

Saquon Barkley is just so impressive though - not just physically, but he always interviews really well & I don't think I've ever seen anyone say anything even remotely negative about him.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we mentioned that Jim Kelly has announced his throat cancer has returned?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orlando Brown, the big monster who was blocking for Baker Mayfield, and whose Dad was a former OT for the Ravens, managed FOURTEEN reps in the bench press Shockingly, he's planning to go again at his pro day in a bid to recover some dignity
    He's followed that up with a 5.85 in his 40 (for comparison, the next slowest anyone else ran was 5.58, while Will Hernandez ran 5.15 at 330lbs & Desmond Harrison ran 4.9), and was apparently yelled at by coaches for loafing about during the O-Line drills

Just murdering himself so far in Indy. He could've gone from a potential first round guy to even being questionable as a 2/3.

EDIT: Will Hernandez, James Daniels & Desmond Harrison have made some money so far. Daniels didn't run (neither will Mike McGlinchey), but they've all looked good in drills. Tyrell Crosby has helped himself too.

Watching back through the sessions & it kinda looks like Brown stiffs Alex Cappa a bit on the short/pull drill. He looked to be making himself harder to move than anyone else was when he was holding the bags, and that's definitely not Cappa being weak because he's literally just knocked the other bag guy into the air on the previous rep.

Mike McGlinchey must have sent his Dad to do his combine. There's no way that dude is fresh out of college,

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like he's tanking so the Ravens can take him late.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fifth slowest time ever.

Eisen's best time in a suit is 5.94 so at least he didn't lose to Rich.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe

49ers won the coin toss so they'll be picking 9.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saquon ran 4.41 then 4.42 in the 40 at 233lbs. Meanwhile, track sprinter Nyheim Hines, 198lbs, ran 4.39/4.38

Oh, and he also jumped a 41” vertical. The guy is a fucking freak.

Ronald Jones did his hamstring in his first run & is done for the day Also Nick Chubb outran Sony Michel.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saquon ran 4.41 then 4.42 in the 40 at 233lbs. Meanwhile, track sprinter Nyheim Hines, 198lbs, ran 4.39/4.38

Ronald Jones did his hamstring in his first run & is done for the day Also Nick Chubb outran Sony Michel.
    The boys a freak athlete. If you watch any of the college games he basically carried Penn State this year. Some of the returns were just unbelievable. He's so elusive and once he's got a gap he's gone. He must know in his head like 2-3 second before he breaks through that he's got them.

The Penn State QB wasn't bad, but Barkley is just elite for Sundays and was on a different playing field in College. A bit like McCaffrey was the year before.

He seems pretty durable too so I really am looking forward to seeing him next year. Unfortunately, he'll probably go to the Browns at 4 if by any slim miracle he's still available which would've been the Texans where he's be absolutely perfect for them and their non-existent run game.

I'd absolutely love to see an NFL draft board of position rankings of overall players.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the Browns are strongly considering taking Darnold at 1.

I'd say that Barkley at 1 and a QB at 4 is a much better bet. Unless someone goes full mental and trades up then you're looking at them getting Barkley and a QB that the Giants don't pick. I highly doubt that Barkley is still there at 4.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barkley, Quenton Nelson & Minkah Fitzpatrick are probably your top three, with Nick Chubb, Derwin James, Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds and maybe a few others in the next group.

Saquon can be summed up by a few plays - he jukes Josey Jewell into his own grave, gets to the outside & into the coner for a TD when any normal player would’ve been buried at the line of scrimmage. Then you can look at any of the clips of him jumping straight over defenders (pretty sure he trucks somebody right after landing in one of them too), and follow that up with his kick return TDs or the run against USC last season.

Literally the only criticisms of him are that he’s maybe not as good of a downhill runner as you’d think for his size & strength, and he loses a lot of yards trying to bounce runs outside & do too much.

It’s going to blow so many brains if he ends up a bust.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance he makes it past 3. If the colts value Andrew luck at all, they'll get a rb to take the heat off.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the Browns are strongly considering taking Darnold at 1.

I'd say that Barkley at 1 and a QB at 4 is a much better bet. Unless someone goes full mental and trades up then you're looking at them getting Barkley and a QB that the Giants don't pick. I highly doubt that Barkley is still there at 4.
    Sounds like the Giants might not take a QB, since they’re mental, so you could have 2 & 3 traded to teams trying to get in front of Cleveland. They have to take their QB first, there are enough good RBs left that they can still get someone like Michel or Ronald Jones in the second round, maybe even Guice, and be very well off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go for Foles, get Barkley at 1 and then someone like Fitzpatrick at 4.

A trash team then becomes slightly dangerous and actually looking like they might be able to turn shit around.

No doubt they'll spend far too much on Muhammed Wilkerson, Jonathan Stewart, Malcolm Butler and a new contract for Earl Thomas when they trade for him.

They'll then take combine performers with mental names to keep them shit. Oh and the wrong QB ofc.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    No chance he makes it past 3. If the colts value Andrew luck at all, they'll get a rb to take the heat off.
    Surely if they valued Andrew Luck they'd get some decent linemen? Bradley Chubb is looking like the favourite to go to them at the minute, but they have to be taking offers for the pick. Both the Colts & Giants would probably find it pretty easy to move back if they could get all four of Buffalo's first & second round picks.

Just go for Foles, get Barkley at 1 and then someone like Fitzpatrick at 4.

A trash team then becomes slightly dangerous and actually looking like they might be able to turn shit around.

No doubt they'll spend far too much on Muhammed Wilkerson, Jonathan Stewart, Malcolm Butler and a new contract for Earl Thomas when they trade for him.

They'll then take combine performers with mental names to keep them shit. Oh and the wrong QB ofc.
    McCarron.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 40 ended up being a 4.4 flat, even though it looked like he slipped a bit on his second run, and yet he's disappointed by pretty much all of his results

He said the goal was a 4.3 range run, a 42 inch jump & 30 reps on the bench, so it's not like he missed by miles.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dolphins have traded for Robert Quinn. The Rams get a 4th round pick back, and they’re swapping their 6th rounders as well.

Meanwhile, the Saints have signed Kurt Coleman to a 3 year deal. All but confirms Kenny Vacaro will be gone, but given we already have Vonn Bell & Marcus Williams, I’m not sure why we need Coleman, especially for three years.

There’s also talk that Tyrann Mathieu could be getting cut this season, which would be interesting, although Tampa are one of the early favourites, so that’s not so good.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lamar Jackson had an okay day, dropping a few deep balls short & staying out of the drills. Josh Allen looked decent, and chucked a ball about 75 yards without really trying, while Darnold didn’t throw but ran slower than I’d expected - Mayfield, Rosen & Mason Rudolph were all roughly as fast, and Allen was quicker.

For the receivers, DJ Chark was probably the pick of the bunch, running 4.34, jumping 40 inches & looking good in the drills. Christian Kirk was a tad slower, but still had a nice day with a 4.47 & 20 bench reps.

More worryingly, Maurice Hurst had a heart issue detected in his medical & won’t be taking part in the combine.

EDIT: Calvin Ridley went 4.44 but Equanimeous St. Brown, who’s 6’ 5”, managed 4.48 He & Chark have probably got themselves into day two just from their 40 times.

Mike Gesicki jumped 41.5", which is almost the TE record, and followed that up with a 4.54 in the 40. Mark Andrews ran 4.67, while elsewhere Shaquem Griffen put up 20 reps on the bench. That's six more than Orlando Brown, and Shaq only has one hand.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orlando Brown an O-Lineman (who is having a shocker as Dan has been telling us) managed 14 reps on the bench press.

Shaquem Griffin is a linebacker without a left hand, he used a prosthetic and banged out 20.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dreamt that Orlando Brown did 53 reps last night. I’m dreaming about the draft far too frequently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm not convinced these workouts are really anything other than an event for the NFL to advertise its product

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McAvennie View Post
    i'm not convinced these workouts are really anything other than an event for the NFL to advertise its product
    Bucky Brooks did a piece a couple of days ago saying something similar. A lot of these guys these days train for these specific drills for weeks and months in advance, when actually it's not a great reflection of what they are as a football player.

I think it probably has a place in part to see how much the guys actually want it. They are scripted by agents on what to say 'chip on my shoulder' and 'enjoying the process' will be banded about but realistically, which of the guys are willing to actually put it on the line and show the football acumen in the interviews. Look at Cooper Kupp from last year. Seemingly he came out of his interview with the Rams and the coaches were blown away with his knowledge of the game and they tipped them to think he'd thrive in the league - and based on his rookie year they weren't wrong, even if he did post a pedestrian 40 yard dash time.

Showing Orlando Brown up for being a lazy sack of shit is a great example of where the combine adds to just reviewing game film.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re not really. The position drills are more useful, as they’re actually testing skills that have practical use in game situations, but aside from the three cone most of the actual combine events are barely worth anything for the majority of players.

Vita Vea’s done for the day with a hamstring, as is Bilal Nichols, but Da’Ron Payne & Nathan Shepherd are making it look easy so far. Harrison Phillips has had his moments too, as have a few others, but they’re the two standouts so far.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's close between 2 guys for your pick and you can't decide, then combine figures could sway you one way.

Still all this does is make you decide whose Pro-day you want to go to. The 1 on 1 time there is way more valuable than this.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaquem Griffin has posted a 4.38 40 yard time. That's the fastest since 2003 (when they started recording times) for a LB and only D.J. Clark and Marquez Valdes-Scantling (great name) have clocked faster times this year and they're both WRs.

His stock has been steadily rising since he got MVP in a bowl game.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaquem Griffin has posted a 4.38 40 yard time. That's the fastest since 2003 (when they started recording times) for a LB and only D.J. Clark and Marquez Valdes-Scantling (great name) have clocked faster times this year and they're both WRs.

His stock has been steadily rising since he got MVP in a bowl game.
    And by April it'll all be forgotten when teams run scared.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaq Just got in from the cinema so I’ll be looking back to see his workouts.

In reality he’ll probably end up being a day three guy, partly because he’s a bit small & doesn’t really have a clear role but mostly because of his hand. If he was 20lbs heavier & had two hands he’d be a first rounder - everything else about him is exceptional.

4.38 might make people lean towards using him as a safety & occasional edge rusher, with weak side linebacker being an option too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll get drafted late to be a special teams specialist (he'll be great at defending kick returns), work hard and get some proper defensive time.

I think he'll do well in his career.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’ll be special teams captain by the start of his second season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teams are using a specialist pass cover LB far more so his role is set - he's big enough and fast enough to cover running backs and tight ends, and his one hand is less of an issue in pass coverage.

Superb athleticism combined with tonnes of heart, he'll do well in the NFL

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teams are using a specialist pass cover LB far more so his role is set - he's big enough and fast enough to cover running backs and tight ends, and his one hand is less of an issue in pass coverage.

Superb athleticism combined with tonnes of heart, he'll do well in the NFL
    He's not big enough to cover a tight end, and I'm not sure his coverage skills are quite good enough for anyone to want to be putting him man to man on a decent pass catching RB either. For me he's either a deep safety or a weak side linebacker who could be used as a rusher on third downs, depending on where he ends up, but he'll definitely have a spot on a roster from day one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's 6'1 and 227, which is the same size as Roquan Smith who won the Butkus award and is considered the top linebacker prospect in the draft.

He won't be playing free safety in the NFL, but teams are increasingly using 3 safety sets so he could land a spot as a safety/linebacker hybrid.

if he can't cover a tightend then who can? Your 6'4 250lb linebackers aren't fast enough, most safeties are smaller than he is.

guess we'll have to wait and see, first if he gets drafted and then how a team uses him

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roquan's great, I'm not wanting to put him man to man with Zach Ertz though. Tremaine Edmunds is the guy you'd want from a physical standpoint, but it's really fucking hard to find someone who can cover both TEs & RBs.

As for Shaq, I just feel like his speed could make him a nice, rangy safety, and using him deep would keep him out of a lot of the physical stuff he might struggle with at the next level. Weak side LB is an option for the same reason - get him chasing the ball down & try to limit the number of times he has to come downhill & take on linemen.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with a Dynasty league to draft for this year, I still don't give a shit which college kids can run 40 yards the fastest or whatever the hell they're doing. This is such a boring time of year for the NFL, they need to just open free agency already and let us have some news about people who matter.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kind of agreed with the Day 3 draft thing. Look back at Michael Sam, he was co-defensive player of the year in the SEC and yet because he didn't quite have the perfect traits for a given position at the next level (and the NFL teams likely being a bit sceptical of diversity) he gets drafted at the arse end of the draft by his local team.

Could see him being a comp pick in the 5th or 6th round, maybe Oakland 'athlete' Raiders.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh Jackson had a pretty bad day in the drills. He was stopped in almost every single one, and I'm pretty sure he got stopped a couple of times in at least one drill. Decent run in the 40, but he definitely underwhelmed. Mike Hughes wasn't amazing either.

Jaire Alexader, however, had a good day, as did Holton Hill, who will likely slide because he kept getting suspended at Texas, but looks like he could become a decent player. Denzel Ward running a 4.32 was impressive, and Donte Jackson looked like he could've run faster too.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rich Eisen broke 6 seconds in his 40 today, and the simulcam work was outstanding