User Tag List

Page 146 of 312 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,300 of 15593

Thread: The NFL Thread

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browns could act now and get Cousins. They can then go and take Barkley/best player at #1 and #4. Cousins might do it too as his options are fast disappearing.

There's only really the Broncos or Jets that could take him on that I can think of.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browns were in for Smith, but couldn’t get the deal done as they wouldn’t give him as much money as Washington.

As for Cousins, he’s the best QB to hit free agency in years so he’ll probably be able to name his price. He’s already been talking about being willing to take less money to go to a place he can win though, so I’d imagine Cleveland might not be his preferred choice even if they give him a blank cheque.

I’d have Denver as the front runners, with the Jets & Browns being in the mix. Don’t be surprised if Minnesota, Buffalo, Arizona or Jacksonville take a look at him too, although they’d probably have to clear some space to pay him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he genuinely wants to win now then you can take buffalo Arizona jets and Browns off that list.
    jacksonville is an intriguing alternative to Denver

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...own-after-2018

Newsome is stepping down after the 2018 season.

I think we've pushed him a little towards that decision. The team is so high on DeCosta and I think this is a move to stop him from leaving as he's been courted every year since 2013 or 14 now. He turned down the Packers this season which, by the sounds of it, the owner Bisciotti thought he would take.

Newsome has done a great job but it's also good that he's basically groomed his replacement, makes the whole thing a little less worrying.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T.O. has finally been inducted into the HOF. Moss, Lewis and Dawkins have joined him so far.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kamara OROTY, Lattimore DROTY, Gurley OPOY, Keenan Allen comeback player of the year, Sean McVay coach of the year.

Urlacher has also 'gone to Canton'.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brady MVP

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, that sucks.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably not orders of magnitude more force in that collision than he was used to in his job, so he must have been a loser anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to eat my words about the Eagles, I thought they wouldn't win a single playoff game without Wentz, but they were terrific and Foles did an amazing job

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was an absolutely great game.

Nice to see a new winner. Nick Foles must look pretty nifty as trade bait now.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gronk's thinking about whether he wants to come back next season or not. Must've really enjoyed himself at WrestleMania last year.

Oh, and in news that everyone's known for a month, Matt Patricia is the new head coach of the Lions. Sounds like there might be a bit of a wobble from Josh McDaniels, but he'll almost certainly still end up taking over in Indy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    That was an absolutely great game.

Nice to see a new winner. Nick Foles must look pretty nifty as trade bait now.
    Been thinking about this today and actually i don't think it has any legs. Why would any team trade for Foles when there's loads of talent in free agency and it's considered a deep draft. Foles will probably spend the year sitting about Philly being touted as potential trade bait before ultimately hitting free agency and ending up somewhere like Buffalo or LA chargers.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wentz is due back for the start of next season apparently according to nfl.com.

I would imagine Foles would probably demand a trade if Wentz comes back.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been thinking about this today and actually i don't think it has any legs. Why would any team trade for Foles when there's loads of talent in free agency and it's considered a deep draft. Foles will probably spend the year sitting about Philly being touted as potential trade bait before ultimately hitting free agency and ending up somewhere like Buffalo or LA chargers.
    Yeah, who would want a current SB MVP that carved up the Patriots?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Compensation wise though, they'd demand a pretty hefty fee and given Wentz was injured last year I doubt they'd want to move him on. It's a Garapollo situation all over, only without the power struggle. Would be cool to see a trade to New Orleans with Chase Daniel going the other way and Brees stepping away from the game. Unlikely though, as Brees showed this year he's still got it.

The NE Patriots had the 30th ranked pass defence this year. 30th. They were 20th against the run too. The NE defence this year was a myth.

Just going to throw the name Malcolm Smith in there for good measure.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butler was apparently caught with dope and missed a curfew.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compensation wise though, they'd demand a pretty hefty fee and given Wentz was injured last year I doubt they'd want to move him on. It's a Garapollo situation all over, only without the power struggle. Would be cool to see a trade to New Orleans with Chase Daniel going the other way and Brees stepping away from the game. Unlikely though, as Brees showed this year he's still got it.

The NE Patriots had the 30th ranked pass defence this year. 30th. They were 20th against the run too. The NE defence this year was a myth.

The Patriots could have the worst statistical defence ever, it's still a Super Bowl and you expect them to turn up.

I can see the Bills doing it. They've got a lot of picks this year and have wanted to move on from Taylor for 2 seasons now.

Browns have a LOAD of picks this year so they could trade for him but I think they'll make a play for Cousins (wrong decision) or draft a QB with one of their high first round picks.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's like saying Matt Flynn was a stud QB because he threw 6 TDs in a game once.

Foles has a shot as a starter if you can create a scheme for him, as has been the case this season & in the other good one he had that everyone knows the stats for at this point, and the number of teams who need a QB is high enough that someone might take a look at him, but when you match up the options & the teams he's likely going to end up with a best case scenario of being a bridge guy or someone sitting behind an old QB that's likely to retire in a year or two, with a view to becoming a bridge guy at that point.

I'd have him slotting in just after the Bridgewater/Keenum/Bradford group in the list, possibly ahead of Bradford just because of health.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but Foles has also shown his quality at other times (first season with Chip Kelly) and his only bad season was under Jeff 'QB killer' Fisher.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also not saying it's a good thing to trade for him due to the SB but there have been worse decisions made in the league.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That's like saying Matt Flynn was a stud QB because he threw 6 TDs in a game once.

Foles has a shot as a starter if you can create a scheme for him, as has been the case this season & in the other good one he had that everyone knows the stats for at this point, and the number of teams who need a QB is high enough that someone might take a look at him, but when you match up the options & the teams he's likely going to end up with a best case scenario of being a bridge guy or someone sitting behind an old QB that's likely to retire in a year or two, with a view to becoming a bridge guy at that point.

I'd have him slotting in just after the Bridgewater/Keenum/Bradford group in the list, possibly ahead of Bradford just because of health.
    Im really not sure Teddy will ever be an NFL starter again. I think he'll be a backup until proven that he's either completely fit and capable or more likely, too damaged to rely on.

I'd like Keenum to get a shot as a starter again. He's done it twice now at LA and Minnesota and didn't look bad either time. Someone like Washington could do a lot worse than give him a year or two deal on Tyrod/Dalton esque salary to see if he can get the job done.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone set up a 'guess the QB' game thread.

Let's predict who the 32 starting QBs will be next year week 1.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear that Jamarcus Russell is still wanting back in.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear that Jamarcus Russell is still wanting back in.
    Someone give Tim Couch a call too

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping Jared Lorenzen was still playing but apparently he broke his leg and then started eating even more cakes:

QB sneaks for days though.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Alex Smith is worth a third & Kendall Fuller then Foles is going to go for a 4th at most. It's the polar opposite of the Garoppolo situation.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think Foles goes anywhere.

We have 90% of this team signed up for next season. I'd be trying to make back-to-back Superbowls. No point making this team weaker unless it's for a big price.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foles will probably go because somebody will probably make a stupid offer for him.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone set up a 'guess the QB' game thread.

Let's predict who the 32 starting QBs will be next year week 1.
    At the most, I think you're looking at these being the teams who could get a guy for right now.

Toggle Spoiler

You're then looking at the following options for plausible day one starters:

Toggle Spoiler

As well as the following wildcards, who could stay where they are or end up moving on if things fall a certain way:

Toggle Spoiler

Even with all this demand, there are still way too many options available for teams to go crazy on someone that's just going to see them through a couple of years while they find their actual guy.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Flacco anyone? Please someone take him from us.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im really not sure Teddy will ever be an NFL starter again. I think he'll be a backup until proven that he's either completely fit and capable or more likely, too damaged to rely on.

I'd like Keenum to get a shot as a starter again. He's done it twice now at LA and Minnesota and didn't look bad either time. Someone like Washington could do a lot worse than give him a year or two deal on Tyrod/Dalton esque salary to see if he can get the job done.
    Washington who've just traded for Alex Smith, you mean? I'd like to see Keenum get another look in Minnesota, but if they let him go then he could be a nice short term fix for someone like Arizona or Buffalo if they want to get a young guy in the draft who'll need a season or two to develop.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Flacco anyone? Please someone take him from us.
    I very nearly put Baltimore & Cincinnati on the list, but I can't really see Dalton or Flacco being ousted this season, even if they do bring in young guys to replace them.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've cut Nick Fairley as a non-football injury. Seemed pretty likely he was going to be let go & I wouldn't expect him to play again with his heart issue, but there are a load of grievances about how much we're meant to pay him, so it'll probably drag on for a while before the number gets settled.

Raiders have cut David Amerson too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eagles are going to reject the invitation to the white house as a team.

I can't wait for Trump seethe on Twitter.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great.

Loads skipped last year but Brady and Belichick were never going to pass on it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how did I miss this?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was great, and there were teases with Eli on pretty much every break leading up to it, but I think this one was my favourite.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Busta Rhymes/Peter Dinklage 'vs' Missy Elliot/Morgan Freeman.

What a world we live in.

I think had someone told me that Busta Rhymes died 2 years ago I would have believed them. I can't remember him doing anything or anyone even mentioning him in that time.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a tune that was back in the day btw. 13 fucking years ago now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dans donned me there with my Washington memory slip.

Same idea in Arizona and buffalo though, so you got my point.

The difference with Alex smith is he's on a massive salary already. Foles is under paid and edged to hit free agency in 12
    Months.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Patricia is the new Lions head coach. He really needs to go back to this look now that he's landed there.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Eli advert ripping off He-Man and Skeletor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Matt Patricia is the new Lions head coach. He really needs to go back to this look now that he's landed there.

Nah, Pirate Matt is the look of coaching genius

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McDaniels to the Colts.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're giving Jon Dorenbos a ring, which is awesome.

For those who dont remember, he was our long snapper for 11 years. He was traded to the Saints just before the season started, only for his physical to show up an aortic aneurysm, could have dropped dead at any time so the trade saved his life.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    McDaniels to the Colts.
    Apparently not. Word is he’s rejecting the job now as Kraft has ‘sweetened the deal’. Maybe that means he’ll be taking over from Bill in 2019, but that seems like a bit of a Moyes situation so I’d probably rather take the Colts job & the come back after the first guy fails to live up to Belichick.