Page 204 of 312 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,200 of 15566

Thread: The NFL Thread

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to watch saints Steelers on sky sports but it's super choppy, just me?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, refs utterly bottling it and handing the Saints that TD.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an NFL expert but how the fuck is that pass interference

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Trying to watch saints Steelers on sky sports but it's super choppy, just me?
    I'm on Redzone but is the video even choppy in the studio bits/adverts.

If it's just the actual match then it's the camera in America (looks fine on Redzone though), if it's everything it's probably on your end.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitzmagic

Yeah, Larry's taking the name with that pass.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cards finally found a QB... shame he's about to retire.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Baker Mayfield is some tosser.
    I assume you mean he's a wanker, rather than good at throwing the ball. I adopted the Browns as my team at the start of the season, based on nothing more than them being absolutely shite last year, and I had built up enough of a dislike for Hue by the time he got the bullet that I'd have to resist a strong urge to gloat in his presence, so I can forgive Mayfield a bit of a staredown.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Mon Saints.

MON.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Thomas is so good.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blatant push off though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone notice that a lot of WWE music is played in NFL stadiums?

I've heard Taker's and Stone Cold's today and hear Triple H's on the regular.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juju

Fuck all the Steelers.

AFC North is ours.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baker will fuck you up next week. It's in the stars, the Browns to determine the division.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and what was it, 14 or 17 points directly from ref decisions? Not the only reason the Steelers lost but fucking hell, it's hard when you fight against that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we beat the Browns and Colts/Titans have a winner then Steelers wont even get a wildcard.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's division or bust after the Titans and Colts both won. Can they flex the Browns/Ravens to SNF? Would be a quality primetime game with all the implications.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got away with that one - their offence was cruising up the field on us all day, but the two fumbles saved the day.

We’ve slowed down on offence lately, so I still don’t think we’re in with a great shot in the postseason, but home field should help.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I assume you mean he's a wanker, rather than good at throwing the ball. I adopted the Browns as my team at the start of the season, based on nothing more than them being absolutely shite last year, and I had built up enough of a dislike for Hue by the time he got the bullet that I'd have to resist a strong urge to gloat in his presence, so I can forgive Mayfield a bit of a staredown.
    Has someone told him that Jackson was sacked and didn't just walk out to the Bengals?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one am stunned that Josh Rosen got hurt playing against the Rams with that offensive line.

Also, that sidearm throw from Mahomes last night was the latest entry to his highlight reel Shame their defence is fucking garbage though.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So two LSU guys shot someone dead. One was a walk on guy, but the other was their sophomore RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Apparently they acted in self defence as the dude was trying to rob them & had pulled a gun on them, but the reports say he was shot ‘multiple times’ so whatever way it happened it’s not good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only there was more guns in that situation.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DJ Swearinger came out after the Titans game & called out the Redskins DC, claiming he watches more film than the coaches & saying they should've been playing zone rather than man against Blaine Gabbert at the end of the game.

He was cut today

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was so smart by Dwayne Harris.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justin Herbert is officially going back to Oregon next season. They’ve got to be early favourites for the PAC-12, and a decent sleeper playoff team next season. Surely makes Haskins coming out even easier for him now too.

In other news, Phillip Lindsay is done for the year & will need surgery, Blake Bortles is starting in week 17 (as is Kyle Allen for Carolina against the Saints, lol), and DJ Swearinger has been claimed by his old team Arizona.
    Last edited by Dan; 26-12-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full on tanking mode engaged

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a pretty wild decision. Wonder whether the NFL was whiffing on him and it's not clear. Would be surprised to see him go back if they were sounding positive. Particularly given the Matt Barkley scenario really wasn't that long ago and he came out of the same conference.

Haskins has hit the jackpot. Next years draft will be dame day good. Particularly if the pats/steelers/chargers/saints/giants are in the market.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has to happen for Indianapolis to get eliminated? Could really do without the inevitable Luck wankathon.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d imagine just losing to Tennessee would do it, given they’re both still in the hunt, but a Steelers win would probably help too.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    That's a pretty wild decision. Wonder whether the NFL was whiffing on him and it's not clear. Would be surprised to see him go back if they were sounding positive. Particularly given the Matt Barkley scenario really wasn't that long ago and he came out of the same conference.

Haskins has hit the jackpot. Next years draft will be dame day good. Particularly if the pats/steelers/chargers/saints/giants are in the market.
    I think it was probably a combination of him having an underwhelming season & the potential they have for next year, especially as one of the guys coming in is his brother. Mario Cristobal seems to be a great recruiter, so he probably had a hand in persuading Herbert to go back too.

I’d imagine at least a couple of the teams with old QBs take someone in the r2-5 range this draft. Should have a ton of developmental guys available, even if we assume Haskins, Lock & Grier all go in round one - Clayton Thorson, Jarrett Stidham, Brett Rypien, Daniel Jones, Ryan Finley, Tyree Jackson, Jordan Ta’amu & probably others I’ve forgotten could all be guys that get picked up to be possible future starters.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I’d imagine just losing to Tennessee would do it, given they’re both still in the hunt, but a Steelers win would probably help too.
    Yeah, win and in for them and the Titans.

Steelers need either a draw in that match (I think) and win. Or win and Ravens lose for the division.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit, I forgot the college playoff games were tomorrow

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think the good bowl games start from tonight, too. I've basically ignored college football for a couple of weeks so looking forward to it coming back.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had a couple of decent ones - I was disappointed that BC/Boise State got cancelled, as that could have been good, and Temple/Duke & Miami/Wisconsin from last night have some NFL prospects in, even if they were both blowouts.

It gets legit from now though - even Auburn/Purdue could be worth a look. I’m hoping one of the condensed game YouTube channels starts putting them up, as I won’t be able to watch half of the game otherwise.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, in NFL news, Ben Watson is planning to retire at the end of the season, and KC have given Damien Williams a 2yr deal.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my earliest memories of a game I watched as a Broncos fan was Ben Watson charging diagonally across the field to bring down Champ Bailey on an interception return.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice of Purdue to field literally no defenders today. Auburn have scored 35pts, including TD passes of 52, 66 & 77 yards, and we're barely into the second quarter. The Jarrett Stidham hype will be growing again at this rate.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turned it on. Saw the weak defence. Turned it off.

Blowout.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hakeem Butler has declared for the draft. He's been a beast this season, and he had a pretty tasty catch yesterday, which is basically what he's been doing all season.

Alamo Bowl looks to have been a pretty good one, actually. Gardner Minshew did his best Baker Mayfield impression in the highlights I've seen.

In other draft news, it looks like the entire Oregon offensive line is coming back, which just makes them even better for next year, and Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson, who's 6' 7" with a monster arm & good athleticism (think Josh Allen wearing platform boots), is applying for a transfer rather than coming out. If he ends up in a decent programme it could be huge for his 2020 draft stock.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did not realise dexter Lawrence had failed a drug test for PED.

He better hope he can figure out where it came from, or admit his mistake. Three of them failed for the same substance though, so could well be a programme fuck up in a supplement.

Nightmare for the big man, missing the semi final and adding a blemish to his draft stock.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping for a Clemson win here followed by a shootout in the bama Oklahoma game. Would love a Clemson Oklahoma final but suspect bamas defence will stop kyler Murray sometimes whilst Oklahoma defence will not be able to stop bama. Waddle, Judy and that nippy RB that jumps sideways will tear them apart.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaks haven't been going Notre Dame's way so far, but it looks like it's going to be a pretty even game.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Notre dame are one of those teams I've seen very little of, bar the Michigan game.

They've looked a lot better then I thought they would. The Clemson offence isn't churning as much as I expected. Renfrew aside I'm not sure where their passing game is against a good defence.

Two fumbles from notre dame already though and one from Clemson. Playing with fire.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justyn Ross is going to be a stud in a year or two. I bloody love Hunter Renfrow as well.

Mitch Hyatt, on the other hand, fucking sucks. That sack he just gave up with embarrassing.

Three calls reversed in favour of Clemson now
    Last edited by Dan; 29-12-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Breaks haven't been going Notre Dame's way so far, but it looks like it's going to be a pretty even game.
    Nevermind. Hell of a catch from Tee Higgins there.

Trevor Lawrence has played well so far. Surprised by how much he's run the ball, but his toughness has been impressive - he took a shot from about three players on one third down run which looked vicious, but he just got up & carried on.

Four calls reversed now, all going from in favour of Notre Dame to in favour of Clemson. Sometimes it's just not your day.
    Last edited by Dan; 29-12-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one might get very ugly, very quickly. Kyler's looking like he wants to go play baseball so far.

I think, if it wasn't already clear, today has made it obvious that there are two teams way ahead of the rest, and the third best team is not one of the ones that made the playoffs.
    Last edited by Dan; 30-12-2018 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could end up being worse than the Auburn/Purdue & Army/Houston games. Alabama are on pace to win 84-0

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least we ended up with a decent game after the first quarter. Alabama did go a bit conservative, but they made plays when they had to. The Josh Jacobs hype train is really picking up steam now - he definitely seems to be in with a shot at being the first RB off the board if he decides to declare.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last one tonight
    That was a quick season.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, bama never really looked in trouble.

Clemson were also far, far too good for notre dame. Georgia must be raging. They would've done a better job than notre dame or Oklahoma there.

Yeah, josh Jacobs is one of those kamara/cohen/David Johnson types. The big bodies at bama normally take the lead but aren't necessarily the best pro prospect. See bo Scarborough.