User Tag List

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I've instantly bought that new Roncaglia IF for my La Liga side.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Bale and Aubamayang cards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, lol at this:

Although I'd have been pissed had I not gotten a third chance.

Secondly, this is the greatest goal that someone has ever scored against me:

It's fucking godly, if I was to ever score something like that I'd 'Randy Marsh' it up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That strip.

Do yourself a favour and get the NYCFC away kit.

The goal you're raving about looks like a fairly standard FIFA goal to me. Defensive fuck up punished by wonderful control and a bullet finish. I must score and concede about three or four like that in each FIFA session.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, both strips are bollocks but I couldn't be fucked changing them.

I highly doubt that. Most finishes are either low finesse shots, cross glitch cross goals or for king cunts, the cut back.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I've sold up and got myself 110k to spend. Annoyingly in the 2 weeks or so I've had the team, I've lost 50% on most of what I bought them for.

I'm on the verge of caving into some 4-3-2-1 pace abuse. Something like this is almost exactly affordable.

Toggle Spoiler
    Of this squad, I ended up swapping Mustafi out for Matip as he was a bit taller. I hated using most of this team. Musa feels awful and Mane not much better. Martial feels fantastic, but people twigged on to me forcing him the ball. I expected Dembele to run the midfield for 20k but he didn't do much. In most games I ended up swapping out to a 4-1-2-1-2.

I'm now looking at this:

Toggle Spoiler

Obviously one of these things is not like the other, but I packed him and it saves me buying. Now for my dilemma. I'll be switching straight to 4-1-2-1-2 (2) in game. My central CM will drop back to a CDM and the RF will move to CAM, leaving Martial/Mane and Remy up top.

Dilemma is, I still have 33k coins left. That is within a few hundred coins off Kante. I could also buy Mkhitaryan and have him as the RF that moves to CAM in game. I only have the loan Bellerin for now, but he has 11 games left and all of those have 1k coin boosts attached. That should be about 15k with normal match coins to buy one anyway.
    My 3rd option is to buy a proper striker. Remy, while better than Musa is not amazing and Vardy, Lukaku and Sturridge could be affordable soon. Or some combination of all of the above.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I should finish The Journey but I really can't be arsed. It should adapt to gow good or bad you do, as is it's a pile of wank.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get his Ultimate Team card if you finish it, so if haven't got far left to go it's probably worth the headache. He's quite good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just do enough to get the packs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't be arsed with FUT either. I'm just going to revert to career mode.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using this for the Fut champions (bar Marcelo who is a loan):

I love Aduriz, Godin, Oblak and Thiago (in my Bundesliga squad, here less so) but the rest I pretty much hate.

Going to sell them all as I just don't think I can make it work.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made this too.

Will look to bring De Gea and IF Kante in as well as a decent CAM or something.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you managed to get into the weekend league?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I've just clocked that blue Lacazette card. I want it badly, but I'll never be able to afford it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Have you managed to get into the weekend league?
    No, I haven't had much time on the weekends and usually only win 1 or 2 matches.

This week I actually had time and lost 6 matches winning 0 with my La Liga side and started seething. Went back to a bit of trading and donning gimps in season 9 online.

I keep drooling all over the shop when I use my Bundesliga side as Alaba has 99 acceleration with 96 sprint speed. It's fun using him to chase down everyone.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing people like that Lacazette card a lot.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done 14 games(12 in one stint) of the weekend league and I stand at 9 wins. The goal is to get to 18, to qualify for next week, but fuck me it's a grind. I only have Saturday night to play the rest really as I'm up for the early shift next week.

I've come up against a fair few super teams so far and they're responsible for most of my losses. If you have a competent player controlling them, you're essentially done for. I've splashed out on Kante and I have to say he's worth every penny. If not for him I'd be down at about 5 wins or less.

The problem for me is a lot of the team is bobbins. Shaw and Clyne at full back are great, so is Smalling. While Begovic and Zouma are okay. But I have Schniederlin and a RM Moussa Sissoko either side of him. Neither of those are exactly creative or great on the ball. Up top there is Martial as a LF, Remy and Mane as a RF.
    Martial is by far and away my best player. He's the only one I can rely on to finish his dinner. Remy is great in patches but then goes totally shite and Mane is just horrible to use. I'm binning the latter off and will even take someone like Deulofeu as a RF.

I have just shy of 20k. I can spread it about, looking at cheap midfielders like Herrera, or I can look at someone like Mahrez/Mkhitaryan for my RF spot, which will eat up all my coins.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit surprising on Mane. He's the one player I haven't been able to deal with yet, the obvious super players aside. Every time I play against him he just blasts down the wing or makes four of my players look silly with some ludicrous dribbling in the box. What 'FIFA level' are you at? If you're high enough you should be able to get Mkhitaryan and Mahrez on loan for about five games each, which should be enough to tell you which, if any, you should be spending your coins on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started my Southend save and used the 'Scout a future beast' bonus thing. The scout found me a 16 year old right winger who is only a 60 but alteady has great pace and finishing with top potential.

We are bossing League 1 so I won't even bother with transfers this year, but I did struggle against Fulham in the cup so improvements will be needed for the Championship next year. First touch is particularly poor across the squad.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came across this squad in division 7 today:

This is the squad I was using at the time:

Andre Silva

He's so fucking class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got round to getting this a few weeks back, I seem to be a lot better on this one than Fifa 16 for some reason.

Just made Division 2 and my current seasons record is 42-11-11. Been using 2 squads and rotating them to avoid having to use fitness cards. I've not currently got any special cards:

Bundesliga 4-3-2-1:

GK: Fahrmann
    LB: Rodriguez
    CB: Toprak
    CB: Sokratis
    RB: Piszczek
    CM: Thiago
    CM: Luis Gustavo
    CM: Junuzovic
    RF: Dembele
    LF: Coman
    ST: Werner

Shout outs in this squad to Coman who's the best player I've used so far this year and Werner who again is a great budget striker. Probably need to look at improving the midfield in this one and I'm thinking of Sanches as he seems to be dropping in price.

La Liga 4-3-3 (2):

GK: Ter Stegen
    LB: Gaya
    CB: Varane
    CB: Mangala
    RB: De Marcos
    CDM: N Zonzi
    CM: Andre Gomes
    CM: Koke
    LW: Nani
    RW: Williams
    ST: Ben Yedder

Mentions in this team go to Ben Yedder who I really like using and the 2 CM's who are complete all rounders and rarely get out done.

Not really sure what this FUT Champions is all about, I'm guessing I'm missing a trick by not qualifying for this at weekends? Is it possible to qualify for this via Seasons or do I have to do those daily knockout tournaments that I always seem to miss?

How are people making money this year? I've got the coin boosts on and I'm going to look into the Squad Building Challenges this weekend and see if they're worthwhile.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    A bit surprising on Mane. He's the one player I haven't been able to deal with yet, the obvious super players aside. Every time I play against him he just blasts down the wing or makes four of my players look silly with some ludicrous dribbling in the box. What 'FIFA level' are you at? If you're high enough you should be able to get Mkhitaryan and Mahrez on loan for about five games each, which should be enough to tell you which, if any, you should be spending your coins on.
    I'm a level 50. I've tried Mkhitaryan on loan but he's only on 6 chemistry, so it's not a greatly accurate. He was okay but again he wasn't as best as he could be. I've tried switching to 4-1-2-1-2(2) less in game. Tending to only do it if I'm being cut open and need that support. I'm doing a fair bit better going forward, with the obvious cost defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmo View Post
    Not really sure what this FUT Champions is all about, I'm guessing I'm missing a trick by not qualifying for this at weekends? Is it possible to qualify for this via Seasons or do I have to do those daily knockout tournaments that I always seem to miss?

How are people making money this year? I've got the coin boosts on and I'm going to look into the Squad Building Challenges this weekend and see if they're worthwhile.
    If you have the time to be playing 40 games in a weekend and are pretty good, then you are absolutely missing out. You can qualify by playing in Division 1 and completing a season. FUT Champions is where the money is made this year.

For example I've played 18 games this weekend. Of those I've won 11. That puts me at "Silver 2" if I stop now I'll get 15k coins and the equivalent to a 35k and a 25k pack. Obviously it's all dependent on what you get in the packs, but the more wins you get, the better your packs will be, in theory.
    The dream for me is another 7 wins. Getting 18 wins or "Gold 3" gains you 30k coins, 2 x 35k packs and a 50k pack, but more importantly gives free entry to the next weekend. So you can see just how quickly you can rack up the coins playing in a few weekend leagues. That's not even taking into account what you can get if you go into 30 win territory. Those prizes are insane.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my 40 games just before the McGregor fight. Ended up with 24 wins. Lost 14 and got 2 disconnects. It's those last 2 that are a killer. 1 more win would have had me in Gold 1. Would have been a 2 x 100k packs and 50k coins.

As it is, I'll be getting 45k coins, 1 25k pack and 2 x 55k packs. The consumables in those packs should help out a hell of a lot as you burn through loads of squad fitness cards. It's 900 coins for a bronze fitness card at the weekends. So you gain very few coins per match if you don't have more than one squad. The most important bit is that I got over 18 wins and so qualify automatically for next week.

I'll have about 65k plus anything I can sell from the packs. So I can spend big on one of two players or try to make a fitness squad. Got a week to think about which I want.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've built and MLS side which is quite fun and cost next to nothing. Drogba and Oduro up front, with a midfield trio of Kaka, Lampard and Gerrard.

Everyone has 10 chemistry and the arrows when I toggle through the cards on some stats are showing as positive, as if I'm getting a boost due to the chemistry, even though my players are all BASIC. The stat boosts don't look as though they're reflected in the 6 stats on the face of a card either. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basic Chem style still gives a boost in stats with chemistry over 5. The basic chemistry style gives the upgrade as a general spread, rather than a targeted boost.

Chemistry style boosts won't be reflected on the card in game, whichever style you choose, only on websites like futhead.com.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lassana Diarra is the best midfielder I've used so far. I've scored more goals with him than all my strikers bar Gignac and Giroud.

Midfield 3 of Diarra - IF N'Zonzi - Kante is pure quality.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only just realised I accidentally had Ben Yedder at CB in my last game. Shows how much attention I pay. Kept a clean sheet as well, which makes you wonder how important correct positions are.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a mini market 'crash' before. Players in the 50k range all came down by about 10k. Kante, who I bought on Friday was 36k then and is just creeping back above 27k now. Vardy is now easily below 30k. Sturridge coming down too.

It looks like I may well be able to stretch that 65k a lot further than I could have last week. I do need to think about this weekend though. There's a requirement on the tournament that you must have 3 leagues and 4 different clubs represented in your team. It keeps it fresh but I'm going to have to do a little thinking on where to fit in new players.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit annoyed about the weekend league thing now starting on a Friday, it's very rare I get to play the game properly until Friday night and I've already missed qualification by then. I'm nowhere near Division 1 yet.

Had a hour or so on it last night, so wanted to give qualification a try, but my team didn't fit the requirements and I've only got about 4 coins left after buying Kante for 33k.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samadini View Post
    I'm a bit annoyed about the weekend league thing now starting on a Friday, it's very rare I get to play the game properly until Friday night and I've already missed qualification by then. I'm nowhere near Division 1 yet.

Had a hour or so on it last night, so wanted to give qualification a try, but my team didn't fit the requirements and I've only got about 4 coins left after buying Kante for 33k.
    This was my gripe with it. The only tournament I could have tried after the extension is the no requirements one every other week when I was on lates.

On the plus side I did reasonably well with this team. I think I'll meet the requirements for this week if I just swap Martial to RF and bring in a French striker, such as Gamerio or Lacazette.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give Gignac with Finisher chem style for a couple of games, will cost you pennies and you don't need to play a crossing game, I always score with his feet. One of those players who seems to ignore his stats and play well beyond them. No past boost and he breaks through so easily for me, somehow and then obviously can't be shaken off it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been trying to get back to FUT but when I did my "you have packs waiting for you cause of all your FUTting!" bit i got so many shit cards I've been entirely turned off.

Probably fire it up tonight I guess. Just annoying when you spend so much time and money on it and then the new one comes out and you get absolutely fuck all.

*sigh*

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The market is seriously tanking now. Kante was 36k last Friday for me, and is now going for 20k. Aguero has lost 100k of value in about the same time too.

If I didn't have to accommodate the other 2 leagues this weekend, I'd be able to make some quality additions to my team.

EDIT: That TOTW though...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seething. I've played 3 games with Kante since I bought him for 33k and now he's lost 13k in value.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seething. I've played 3 games with Kante since I bought him for 33k and now he's lost 13k in value.
    Prices for the most popular players will rise again before the weekend. People will be buying up ready for Friday.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a little 4 game stint and it's probably the most unlucky session I've ever had.

Lost count the amount of times we hit the woodwork and I maintain one of those went over the line after coming down off the bar. Also, my most reliable geezer in IF Silva couldn't hit the target for shit for the first time ever

Two of the games were with my Bundesliga side and it does reaffirm just how brilliant Alaba with a shadow is.

99 acceleration, 96 sprint speed, 96 interceptions, 86 heading, 97 marking, 99 standing tackle, 99 sliding tackle. I've become so good at trying to get my opponents to attack down his side and when they do he cleans up with ease.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my reward packs through from the weekend league just gone and I feel like I was punished for not getting that one extra win to take me to Gold 1. Best player I got was Ben Yedder and I got him in both packs.

However having him means I can put him as my striker and move Martial out to the right. I can then use my 70k to spend elsewhere. Maybe a midfielder and striker. Someone like Vardy would leave me with plenty to spend on a midfielder, or I could go with Lukaku/Strurridge.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I can make my money back on Kante at the moment, so he's on the list. My next most expensive players are N'Zonzi who cost 19k and Corchia who cost 10k so no point putting them up.

Finally another French player with an IF, but I won't be able to afford him. Frenchies need to up their game.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF Andrea Belotti and IF Mertens are making me seriously consider going back to Italy once the market recovers and I can get decent returns on the La Liga lads. Belotti with a Hawk on him is a proper beast and Mertens with an Artist looks like the answer to the CAM problem that basically made me chuck it before. Those two with a Hawk Immobile as a front three in a 4-1-2-1-2 would be nightmare fuel for most sides.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I can make my money back on Kante at the moment, so he's on the list. My next most expensive players are N'Zonzi who cost 19k and Corchia who cost 10k so no point putting them up.

Finally another French player with an IF, but I won't be able to afford him. Frenchies need to up their game.
    If you're going to sell, do it before Monday. People still playing the weekend league will keep his price up, but then next week there's the usual Wednesday price drop, followed by black Friday. One black Friday hits, the market wont come back.

How's N'Zonzi? Every time I've faced him he's been impossible to go through.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using N'Zonzi too, and he's a wall. Always exactly where he needs to be, mighty in the tackle, and he can whack them in from distance as well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did get my coins back on Kante in the end. Will either buy him back or buy another IF if something decent comes within range.

And yeah N'Zonzi seems pretty great.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On your guys recommendations(I'm sure it was @John who said Gamiero was a tank) I've come up with this:

It serves a few purposes. It meets the 3 leagues/4 clubs requirement. But it also means I can do it by just buying two players. The positive being that those two are no longer in packs and so should lose little value when the weekend league finishes. This means I should be able to sell them both whilst just losing a few thousand coins on each. I want to keep my options open.
    The negative being that my midfield is now quite strong defensively, but not so much going forward. It'll be almost leaving the front 3 to it.
    It also means I couldn't really afford to upgrade my defence, which needs some love.

I could buy Bailly, Bellerin(and move Clyne to LB) and a new keeper(Cech/Courtois/Lloris) and still have some change.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to give Diarra a go as sub in for N'Zonzi. Plays very differently, as you'd expect, but he's absolutely amazing for me.

Fucking hate Sissoko, I play him in the middle as well, does everything right and then shoots like a moron.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gameiro isn't a tank, he's just the perfect 'little man' striker, only with added jumping ability. If you can get your wide forwards to bomb on he'll assist as many as he scores too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Martial and Coman have pace to burn so they should be good doing that.

Managed to pick up IF N'Zonzi with about 59 mins and 54 seconds on the clock. He was 5k cheaper than the next closest option. That should hopefully account for the tax if I decide to sell him. Next I've to try and find Gameiro with a hunter/hawk card.
    @Samadini I like Sissoko as he makes up for Kantes only 2 shortcomings, which are his height and his goalscoring. He's not amazing but he does a good job. I would have replaced him this week with someone like Gundogan if not for the weekend league requirements. It's quite sad, but this game is now all about playing at the weekend. As long as you can go at least 18 wins to 22 losses or better, you're getting some damn good rewards.

Next weekend requires you to have 7 differing nations in your team, so players like that IF Bolasie card are going to be on my wishlist.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up getting Gameiro with a hunter card. He's a little on the weak side however his right foot is lethal. It's only division 8 but 2 games, 7 goals. N'Zonzi seems faster than his card suggests too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same on N'Zonzi. I think it's at least partially because he's always in the right place so essentially starts every race with a yard start but even in a straight race he seems considerably quicker than 60 pace. With a shadow card on him his in game rating as a CDM is 92, by the way.

Gameiro is weaker than would be ideal but I got around that by flicking the ball away with the right stick. His mental acceleration and agility mean you can pretty much always get there first and as you'll have noticed, he can find the top corner from pretty much anywhere.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason I seemed to think that during Black Friday all previous IFs are available again, but now I can't find anything on that.

Have I just made that up/confused it with another event? I was hoping to get a reasonably priced IF Lemar.