User Tag List

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,750 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other thing as well is that I've sold my teams before each market crash and then bought players back afterwards, but I'd like some continuity in FIFA18 so won't be doing that so much.

Stories of your Walker playing over 700 games were quite cool Fox.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to retire Smalling on 800 games in favour of his pink card. Martial has just over 500 and I think Kante has 600+ but he's been retired too in favour of his OTW. I can't tell with Walker as I've bought and sold him many times through the year.

I didn't really start getting the proper quality teams this year until about February. I wouldn't mind improving on that, next time out.

I want to try TOTS Keita but I can't figure out a hybrid to work him in, whilst keeping the players I like.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just take a chemistry hit.

I've had players on 6 in main teams and 4 in draft. It's fine.

Tried TOTS De Gea and I didn't notice any difference between his normal.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used a fair few goalkeepers this year. The only difference maker seems to be the height. You might also see the higher rated ones pull out a worldie once every few games, but that's about it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    94 Nainggolan though

I've also tried the 98 Hazard and I'm not sure why but I'm just not feeling him.

He's good but nowhere near as good as his stats suggest he should be.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I can't be arsed to change the picture, but Renato Sanches should be the standard gold card, not the OTW.
    I bought that banking on him winning a futties. Hoping for some decent profit.

IF Leighton Baines and an IF version of Marcos Alonso are really the only decent options at left back (without murdering chemistry) it seems.
    How does Birthday Cole shape up? Paired with Rooney and Smalling in your second team. Or does that ruin Mkhitaryan's chem?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll fuck Mickey's chemistry, but having used Cole before the bigger problem for me is that I'm just not a fan of him.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent used him but I saw him as one of the higher level English/Prem players. Shame.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messed about squad building. Here's a couple I've knocked up.

Team 1:

Team 2:

Team 3:

I'd change all of them in game, most likely to a 4-1-2-1-2, but there's a few options there. Not sure which I like most.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last one interests the hell out of me, although I'd be looking at reversing it so I could have SBC Lahm and SIF Alonso.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like a megamix of players I want to try. Though no matter how I try it always comes out very attacking. The only part I'm not liking the look of is Boateng. I've never gotten on with him, but see no way around having him there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow, while you're here. TOTS Lewa? Your thoughts?

EDIT: And yeah, team 3 would be the one I'd go with too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite striker, he's perfect for my style.

Only player (94 onwards) that I can maintain a close to 1 gpg average.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've nearly built all of team 3 now. Only the left side of defence to go. The problem I'm having is that I don't tend to get on with Boateng and I've similar concerns about Plattenhart. Now I could flip the whole thing on it's side and put the Bundesliga lot on the right. However Boateng needs a German full back there. The only option now in the Bunsesliga is the Lahm SBC at right back. The problem with this is I can't afford him and Boateng together. I could muddle through with a cheap option or even the TOTS Lahm, until I get more coin, or take the SBC on and play with a stand in at CB, then sub on my TOTS Marquinhos.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite whacking him on for the lowest BIN twice, 90 Son didn't sell so I've decided to keep him and have a third side. This will be just Premier League players, which will come in handy for offline Division 1 and it means I still get to use Son and Kane together and these bad boys who've been at the club for ages are now back in a squad.

IF Firmino
    Kouyate (I'd love it if he got a Futtie win, albeit I'd lose his record with me)
    Barkley
    Rashford

All that means that I'm left with 520k ish of coins, some shit in the club that I really can't be arsed to sort through and possibly only three players left to hunt down for for FIFA17 - TOTS Lewandowski, SIF Marcos Alonso and IF Baines.

After that I could sell TOTS Kante (replacing him with a cheaper version to free up some coins), but I'm not sure what I'd do with them bar a crack at SBC Lampard or Gerrard, both of whom will probably be ruined by horrible pace and/or stamina.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done Lahm. About 145k in total. You just have to be patient with TOTS cards. Though buy up in advance because everyone will want Gerrard/Lampard. There's no supply of TOTS cards either.

I now have this:

Not quite enough for Boateng. It'll go to 4-1-2-1-2 in game with Eriksen the CAM and Forsberg a CM. Good thing about this formation is that I can swap out the middle CM and Striker without penalty to anyone else. For example I could put in Lacazette and Tolisso and it'd work perfectly. It just needs the CM and ST to have a perfect link.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the above into the WL. It's good to see nothings changed there. Started 12-1 and was enjoying it. Then came the flick of the switch and all of a sudden I'm struggling in games. 12-1 to 18-9.

Still it gave me a good representation of the players. Lahm is bloody good. Keita is also a joy. It does go downhill after that. Werner is decent, but feels slightly iffy on the ball and in no way feels 98 pace. Stindl is also good but you can't quite get away with using him as a CDM like I tried. He'd be a good CM. As for Forsberg I just didn't get on with him. Couldn't quite put my finger on that one.

Now I lost a few games thanks to having to play Tah, but also because Werner missed a few 1v1s. With further investigation it may be down to his card having 54 composure. For example Kane who I used last week has 83. Lewandowski has 87, Aguero 90 etc. This may explain why I find those kind of players bury anything while cheaper ones are hit and miss.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny that, I felt Stindl was a perfect CDM.

I do feel that Forsberg can get lost though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In moving the show on. The next player I'd like to try is TOTS Thauvin. He'd allow me to get Lacazette back in the team and some version of Tolisso. The only player to suffer chem wise then would be Keita.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I briefly had TOTS Stindl and he didn't play anywhere near as well as his stats suggest he should.

I'm shit, so I didn't let that cloud my judgement of Team 3, but it doesn't come as a surprise that Fox has struggled with him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I go to list Werner someone lists him ever-so-slightly cheaper only minutes after. He's proving hard to shift.

I can use my SBC Lacazette and bring in Thauvin with maybe MOTM Tolisso.

The other option is similar. TOTS Mbappe and TOTS Bakayoko. This does leave me in need at RW, as I'd be just short of Bernardo Silva.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTS Thauvin is immense.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just nabbed one for 247k. Not sure if to use him as CAM or my left striker. He could do both pretty amazingly well.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I'd mention too, the DKT now has various rewards. Last week gave you 1 FUT Birthday player(I got Agbonlahor), this week is any TOTGS/TOTKS player, I think next week is any scream player.

EDIT: Done the run on my first go. The team played absolutely lovely. Tolisso felt a tad clunky but was great. Thauvin belted a 35 yarder with his first touches at the club, with his wrong foot too.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sniper%20Wo...video/34152074

One thing I noted, I stuck with the 4-3-3(3) until the final and won 6-0, 4-3, 7-0 and 2-0. You'll probably notice what I did in that, there's no goals conceded in 3 of those games. I seemed to be able to defend easier, but I think it's more that my possession count went up. I was near on 60% in the 3 games before the final. Funnily enough in the final I had only 45% and that was the one I switched back to 4-1-2-1-2.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Thauvin in the 4 DKT games and a run through D6. He has 17 goals in 11 games. He reminds me a lot of Griezmann. His left foot just finds the net, whereas his right is more of a lottery. Also Keita with 21 goals in 33 games from midfield is properly good for me. To put that into perspective, my TOTS Herrera has 20 goals in 162 games.

The team is almost perfect. I'd love to try out an updraded Lacazette and I could use a left back upgrade(FUTTIES Shaw please).

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    85 Sane.Christ.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Universally unpopular winner too. People now complaining this is going to be a full pink premier league XI with maybe Renato Sanches.

Left Backs next.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaw will piss it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a cracking post on the Fifa forums about how stale and samey the game is, which personally I blame on the move by EA to get a pro hierarchy in the game.

Everyone's using the same players, no one uses bronzes etc. And why would they when the whole thing is geared towards results and the small pool of pro players are dictating everything.

It's a bit like going down the local snooker club and the only opponent you can play is Mark Selby. An experience for a while, but not something you'd want to do week in week out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem they've had, I touched on at the back end of last year, is all of their own making. They've removed the "play for fun" part of the game.

If you look now you only have game modes that give rewards, dependant on how well you perform. That or seasons. But the rewards are so bad for seasons that people just use it to gear up for the FUT Champions mode. And in that mode, even in draft, it's all "play to win." It has brought the worst out of the community this year, with glitches, exploits and dirty tactics coming left right and centre.

But if you're saying if you don't pick up wins, your time is essentially worthless, of course people will. They have done 1 thing for people this season based on time played and that's it. It was 1 free pack.

I'm okay because I put enough time in and am competent enough to hold my own against most players. But imagine if you werent good enough to get into the weekend league on this version. Your money making is limited to what you can trade.

They created a game wherein the only mode that mattered was FUT Champs. Wins in that were worth their weight in gold through the middle of the games life. I remember what it was like in November. You could park the bus for 90 minutes without penalty and could cherry pick your opponents based on their name or founded date.

Hopefully it's improved on next year, but seasons needs a big revamp.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brought Sane in and he's pretty good.

Also bought four TOTS players earlier and Ashley Cole. The former to go for Lampard or Gerrard and the latter to link with either. If EA fuck with the requirements of the previous end of an era SBC's for this one I shan't be pleased.

All that means TOTS Leandowski is out of the window, but given I already have his SBC, I can live with that.

Need to do one of the new Futties tonight as I'd like Luke Shaw and won't be back on for a couple of days.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing Rose. Shaw will win anyway and Rose is the highest rated card, so he'll make the requirements a tad easier to hit. One of the youtubers did a strawpoll of the 3 cards and Shaw had over 60% of the vote so it isn't even close.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like EA have listened. The last chance SBCs offering loan players have been upgraded to permanent cards.

Todays releases offer FUTMAS Modric and Moussa Dembele, the marquee transfers, an SBC offering 1 FUT birthday card and finally POTM Hazard. There's also a loan of version of each player to try before you buy.

I like this, however Hazard looks to come in at around 165k. That's a little too pricey for my liking. That Dembele is quite tempting as a more defensive option, however that would mean taking out TOTS Eriksen.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazard & Zlatan are about 150k each, apparently. Modric around 105k too.

Kinda wish I had a bit more money kicking around now

EDIT: Hazard & Modric have already gone up by 20-50k in cost. I'm clearing out some of my consumables to see where it leaves me. Might do a few upgrades as well or something, just to try to get some more gold players since the silver & bronze players are basically worthless now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would've loved Hazard back when he first came out. Now though I just can't drop Son for him. Especially not for that price.

They're all disappointingly pricey to be fair.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Błaszczykowski

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Sirigu Not bad considering what it costs to get it though, I suppose.

Managed to get about 40k from selling off some of my consumables, and I have a fuckload left that I can continue to sell through, so I could well drag myself back up to around 400k if I carry on listing them up.

Also getting slightly tempted to move on from the Bundesliga side & try out one of the other big leagues or a hybrid of some sort. Could probably get just over 1m coins if I sold most of my special cards, although it would kinda make the Lahm SBC a waste of money unless I used him & my untradeable TOTS Hummels in whatever hybrid I created.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I got Sirigu Not bad considering what it costs to get it though, I suppose.

Managed to get about 40k from selling off some of my consumables, and I have a fuckload left that I can continue to sell through, so I could well drag myself back up to around 400k if I carry on listing them up.

Also getting slightly tempted to move on from the Bundesliga side & try out one of the other big leagues or a hybrid of some sort. Could probably get just over 1m coins if I sold most of my special cards, although it would kinda make the Lahm SBC a waste of money unless I used him & my untradeable TOTS Hummels in whatever hybrid I created.
    Lahm to Hummels is a perfect link. You can have 2 dead links going off them and still be on full chem. So it shouldn't be too hard to get them in a squad. And it should be done because Lahm is the best RB on the game for me. Get both to link into Stindl at CM and you'll be grand.

I've been thinking of trading down TOTS Eriksen to some version of Dele Alli. Both are great but trading one out for the other would allow me to upgrade from 87 SBC Lacazette to 90 Lacazette. He basically has +5 on evey stat and is pretty damn good already.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Ashley Cole from the birthday SBC. I'd already bought him in preparation for slotting Gerrard or Lampard into the side so that's 40k of coins back right there.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The internet has got it into its head that it will be Gerrard and Lampard tonight, so expect some annoyance if it isn't. I've kept the birthday Agbonlahor and the TOTT player I won(84 Schmiechel) just in case they are requirements, as well as all my weekend league gold cards. I'm going to find it very hard to refuse Gerrard if he is any kind of affordable. Even playing him on reduced chemistry. I imagine him and Lampard will be the same rating to stop that debate rearing up. I'd expect them to be rated 95 like Lahm. Low to mid 80's in pace for Gerrard and high 70's for Lampard.

We will be getting most likely an 84 rated Shaw tonight. Maybe 86 pace and 83/84 defending and physical most likely, but Shaw is decieving. His base card shows 82 pace, but his sprint speed is actually 86. To be fair all he really needs is a stamina upgrade.

Beyond that we'll see the new nominees. They should finish off the defence with the RB slot, but they pulled RW out last time out so who knows.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well hello...

Also Shaw won. Go figure.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at 98 passing for Gerrard. We must be about twenty years ahead of the curve on recognising that Gerrard's long balls were actually terrible nine times out of ten, so he'll probably have 99 long passing there too.

There was a version of UT a couple of years ago in which Charlie Adam had a better on card passing stat than Xavi. This is that laughable.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea on their stat breakdowns yet?

Birthday Cole didn't sell, which is possibly good depending on what level/cost of birthday card I need, but I could probably pick them both up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lampard:

Gerrard:

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so Lampard has 72 stamina and both have shit agility and balance.

Gerrard the only viable one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so Lampard has 72 stamina and both have shit agility and balance.

Gerrard the only viable one.
    Are agility and balance really that important for a central midfielder, particularly one with bonkers strength? TOTS N'Zonzi has under fifty for both and he's great.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a guy use Gerrard just now. He took 2 shots from about 35 yards out. Both almost took the net off on the way in.

Gerrard looks very good, for 70 minutes of the game at least.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, probably not so much which is why I'd say Gerrard's viable.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I saw a guy use Gerrard just now. He took 2 shots from about 35 yards out. Both almost took the net off on the way in.

Gerrard looks very good, for 70 minutes of the game at least.
    83 stamina should be ok, no?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've swapped in TOTS Ferreira Carrasco for SIF Neymar and he's basically unstoppable. Just wriggles through every challenge to the point where after ten games the only way anyone has stopped him has been by giving a free kick or penalty away. He literally hasn't been dispossessed once. 99 in all of agility, ball control, and dribbling.