User Tag List

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've announced FUTTIES next Friday, which is usually the last big event involved in the FUT year. In the past it's tended to be pink versions of favourite players from the year. I think last year they had a tournament, in which you got 10 tries. 1 tournament win would get you an average player, I think 4 got you a version of Reus and 7 wins got you essentially a pink TOTS Aubameyang. So far they've confirmed:

- End of Era Premium Player SBCs
    - FUTTIES voting SBCs
    - Marquee Transfer SBCs

I would guess they're all pretty straight forward. You'll be getting the likes of Totti, Alonso, Lahm, maybe Gerrard and Lampard, but with stats from at least close to their prime.
    I imagine someone like Renato Sanches to be a big want for the voting SBC. Not had an upgrade card all year so why not?

Transfers speak for themselves. I expect Salah is about the best one at the minute. Hopefully more signings will prompt more of these.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An upgraded Renato Sanches would be fapworthy.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought 92 Hazard for 400k, relegating Mertens to the bench. The one thing I don't like about that Hazard is his stamina is only 83, even after all the upgrade cards. Team looks like so:

Still have 330k to spend. Could get me 85 Kante and TOTS Valencia, amongst other upgrades.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    83? That's horrendous.

Finished the night 4-4 or 4-5. Lewa didn't score in his first three games (seems to happen to me all the time, his 95 took about 8 games) but he then scored 2, 4 and then 2 in his next 3.

For some reason he feels better at long shooting than his 95 for me, despite being on 93 long shots and 99 shot power with hunter compared to his 98 having 93/97 with catalyst. Boosts aren't as powerful as default stats?

Two of his 4 in one game were brilliant, he hammered them in from distance with such force that the keeper would have lost his hand had he got anywhere near them.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His 94 rated card only has 90 stamina. Which isn't bad under normal circumstances but when you realise it's his 6th revision, it's a little crap. His TOTS has 97, so EA really don't think his stamina is up to much. The card I bought however has 94 goals in 70 games so he's obviously been effective to his previous owners.

There is an option for me to sell Lukaku on and move Hazard forward. I'd have close to 600k to spend then. I wouldn't then mind looking at bringing in someone like TOTS Eriksen as the CAM, but I'm not sure exactly how much there is to gain there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mane despite still supposedly having good stats on 5 chemistry is sadly wank, so he's off. Think I can sell him for 349k, which given he only cost 315k is a tidy profit.

Thiago isn't good enough either, too small and gets drowned out by high pressing wankers too much. So he'll be off too for a couple of grand loss.

Which brings me onto my next point, I simply can't cope with teams that do that, no matter what I try. They're just absolutely all over me and it's borderline infuriating. If I can crack the tossers that employ those tactics then I think it's a one way ticket to the weekend league.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm shit against them too, I just try to complete a lot of passes in the hopes of finding some space.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and does anyone on Xbox want a game? I could do with some constructive criticism.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I'm shit against them too, I just try to complete a lot of passes in the hopes of finding some space.
    What passes are you using to move the ball around when you do that? Drilled, a button jobs or something else?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mixture but mainly just short normal passes (with the button to make the passer run forward, L1 on PS), also try to hit some lofted through balls (put it on manual, takes some getting used to but they become so much better) to take a defender or two out of the game.

I just know that I can't cope keeping the ball with one player for too long as I suck at dribbling.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the fuck have I just played an online match and got a multiplier of 0.27? 427 coins for a 7-1 win.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps I have a go to tactic that seems to work well. I have my CAM set to stay forward so I essentially have 3 players waiting up top. As soon as I get the ball I'm looking for an RB + A pass drilled into his feet. From there he should have one of 7 options on. One of the two strikers, 3 CMs or one of the two full-backs. Pass to the most open player, unless someone is making a good run.

There's 2 things at play with FIFA, when considering most players.

1. Attacking assumes the ball must always go forward.

I see this a lot. People try and force the ball forward with every pass. Mostly this ends up with an easily intercepted pass or an ambitious through ball to nothing. People do it when attacking, but more importantly they also assume it when defending. Always passing to the player in space is the best way or getting the ball up the pitch.

2. People want the ball back right away.

This is especially noticable against guys who press a lot. Their problem is they will charge the ball down without thinking. Using the above tactic of just moving the ball around them will cause them massive problems. Let's say you make 4 good passes past their press. You're looking at 3 players or so being out of position. That could be their entire midfield, in which case you're through on their defence. Or better yet you've just cut through their defence. Annoying as these players are, you'll find once you get them close to their own area they will panic defend. It's just a case of getting there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Fox, I'll give the drilling to the CAM a go.

Moving the ball up the pitch too quickly is something I've consciously been working on, particularly not abusing the through ball button and using the left and right triggers to hold the ball up and wait for runners, but I've still a way to go.

In SBC based news, I spent about 100k yesterday polishing off the worthwhile SBC's I hadn't yet done (down to Jumbo Premium Golds) and after I finish off one last annoying (loyalty driven) hybrid today (and maybe 6 more Serie A ones, which aren't worthwhile, but I will get Higuain), I think that's it. There will be no more worthwhile SBC's left to do. :sob: I've kept the 20 packs on ice for next weekend.

To keep this going over the summer, EA really should whack some more league based ones up. Futties (eurgh) will presumably be good, but that will only take us to the end of July and there'll still be two months left before FIFA 18 launches.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chucked in the WL after 3 losses on the spin yesterday.

It's just so many games in such a short time span. They really need to make changes for next year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're basically looking at 10 hours solid, no? Seems a bit extreme.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold on 89 Lukaku. TTH decides what I do with the 580k I have.

1) TOTS Lukaku + TOTS Keane
    2) TOTS Eriksen + TOTS Azpilacueta
    3) TOTS Azpilacueta + TOTS Valencia + 86 Kante

Essentially there's a mix and match I can do now with the Premier League TOTS cards. For now I've put Hazard up to ST and I have Mertens off chem as my CAM still. Essentially the choice I'm asking is, do I get 1 big player going forward(with a defensive addition behind), or spread the cash about the midfield and defence?

Also yes the WL is far too much at present. If you consider it's 6 mins of play per half, Including loading etc. You're looking at 20 mins per match. So 3 per hour means you need to find 13 hours in a weekend. That's assuming no rage quits of course.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    You're basically looking at 10 hours solid, no? Seems a bit extreme.
    Few more.

It also sucks that European hours are basically reduced as it starts and finishes at 7am (might be 8 now with time changes) which is fucking horrible.

Especially the end, 7am on a Monday morning? You're forced into doing a lot more on Friday/Saturday or staying up late to try and finish.

I think I've only ever finished all 40 twice and one of those was because it was extended by 12 hours.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Sold on 89 Lukaku. TTH decides what I do with the 580k I have.

1) TOTS Lukaku + TOTS Keane
    2) TOTS Eriksen + TOTS Azpilacueta
    3) TOTS Azpilacueta + TOTS Valencia + 86 Kante

Essentially there's a mix and match I can do now with the Premier League TOTS cards. For now I've put Hazard up to ST and I have Mertens off chem as my CAM still. Essentially the choice I'm asking is, do I get 1 big player going forward(with a defensive addition behind), or spread the cash about the midfield and defence?

Also yes the WL is far too much at present. If you consider it's 6 mins of play per half, Including loading etc. You're looking at 20 mins per match. So 3 per hour means you need to find 13 hours in a weekend. That's assuming no rage quits of course.
    If you liked Lukaku (and I think you did) it's got to be option 1.

Gutted I didn't stock up on IFs and TOTS players before the SBC's closed, in the main they're all going for far more. Ben Yedder is about 5-10k more I think, for example.

Also, I'm tempted by Ibrahimovic, has anyone used him?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never used Zlatan. I can't say I've faced him much this year either. I think he's gotten to the point now where he was too slow to use.

Having looked at it. It's a close run thing between 92 Hazard and TOTS Eriksen for my CAM spot. Eriksen pulls his pants down in almost everything, including that 5* weak foot. However Hazard is quite a bit faster than him and is more agile. Eriksen is a little cheaper, which I feel is a reflection of the pace stat.

I could swap Hazard for Eriksen for no loss of coins essentially, but not sure which of the two is my best option. I'm pretty sure I'll be having TOTS Lukaku either way. I'd like to upgrade Kante too if there's coins left. Maybe a version of Emre Can instead.

I could also do damage by bringing in TOTS Diego Costa instead of Lukaku, but again the speed thing is there.

I'm spoilt for choice.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather have Eriksen tbh.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am slumming it with right now

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finished Brazil today on the SBC. Packed 88 ST Sanchez

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.

Did the Paul Scholes SBC (I needed to feed the SBC addiction) and then used him to do the quad challenge single player cup thing. I'm gonna need to get a legend permanently as he made it so much easier to put my league SBC players in - was rocking a largely prem team, but with Lewandoski and Lacazette up front and the chemistry wasn't shite.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That one wasnt offered here

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do they work the chemistry with legends?

I'll have to deal with that shite next year, so knowing how it works would be nice.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That one wasnt offered here
    Was only a 20 game loan Danny, so not missing much. He's quite nice to use but a bit small and slow.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    How do they work the chemistry with legends?

I'll have to deal with that shite next year, so knowing how it works would be nice.
    They get an orange link with anyone and a green one with a player of the same nationality. No bonus for being linked with anyone who plays for one of the clubs in their career.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essentially free slots for hybrid squads then. How fun.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the massive chip you have on your shoulder against Legends.

In all honesty you don't come up against them that often, so I doubt you'll even notice them if you choose not to use them.

Just finished off the last hybrid SBC that I hadn't done. Couldn't be arsed with glitch quitting so just racked up 10 straight losses to see it home. And with that, all the worthwhile SBC's are done.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was only a 20 game loan Danny, so not missing much. He's quite nice to use but a bit small and slow.
    Woulnt have minded the option though! Or a shot at a different legend. Could have just been one who, if any of them did, played in the MLS or something.

In all honesty you don't come up against them that often, so I doubt you'll even notice them if you choose not to use them.

Just finished off the last hybrid SBC that I hadn't done. Couldn't be arsed with glitch quitting so just racked up 10 straight losses to see it home. And with that, all the worthwhile SBC's are done.
    I am now working through that list on Reddit Mahow posted. Spreadsheeted and organized by reward so I cant work through the cheap shite.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not really a chip, I just don't like the idea and have always been glad they were XBox only. This is like hearing about the first case of ebola in the UK after months of hearing about people dying of it in Africa. Even if I'm unlikely to be affected by it, I don't like it being that close.

Maybe it is a chip, actually.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woulnt have minded the option though! Or a shot at a different legend. Could have just been one who, if any of them did, played in the MLS or something.

I am now working through that list on Reddit Mahow posted. Spreadsheeted and organized by reward so I cant work through the cheap shite.
    I finished it a few days ago, I had done a lot more than I had imagined.

Brazilian one in the Tour was so shit.

I should have a look at the ones that I haven't done to see how much profit there is potentially in them.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the main (bar a couple of notable exceptions, I'm looking at you Rangers and the Saudi League) anything that gives you a Jumbo Premium Gold pack and above is worth doing.

I'm considering bringing in Zola and TOTS Tolisso. Is the latter as good as his stats suggest?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, he's brilliant.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Mahow.

Actually, fuck, I'm not a million miles off being able to bring in TOTS Lacazette (who looks close to perfect), TOTS Tolisso and Zola.

If I opened the 21 packs I'm sat on and got some decent pulls I'd probably be there.

But nothing left for the Futties. Decisions, decisions.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get two of the three and hold fire on the third until whenever you're saving the packs for.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And by two of the three John means dont get Zola

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to hold fire on all three for now as I have Scholes for another 14 games and given I rotate quite a bit that's basically 20+ matches to play.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nice to see.

Prices seem to be dropping. I've got a few figures in mind for the players I want. If they drop low enough I'll pick them up. I'm still torn on quantity vs quality, but we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: 65k left but now have this:

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The decision essentially boiled down to Eriksen vs Alli for my CAM spot. The latter is stronger and faster, but lacks a weak foot. The other problem with bringing Alli in is my RCM is his POTM card. So the extra 100k+ saved by getting him instead, would have had to go straight on another CM. Said CM would most likely have been either Pogba, 85/86 Emre Can or TOTS Lallana.

The only player I'd really change now is Smalling. He's played 785 games for me, but his "age" is showing. All of these fast TOTS strikers make him look silly at times now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One does get attached to players. Which is why I've still got Kouyate in my squad and don't want to let him go.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some lad on Reddit had 1000 games with Cattermole

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was probably Cattermole.

I know David Meyler is big into FUT.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was thinking about this today and if I sell Hererra I might just have enough to bring the three players above in now. I'm itching to do it but should probably wait or at least spreadsheet the shit out of it first.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was probably Cattermole.

I know David Meyler is big into FUT.
    It was only his base card. Dont pros get an upgraded one?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was only his base card. Dont pros get an upgraded one?
    Yeah, Martial has one:

And here are more with actual stats:

http://www.futwiz.com/en/proplayers/fifa17

Asoro looks mental.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up a clean Zola for 115k just now. Will probably try and sell him while I run loan Scholes down and see how much profit I can make, there should be a bit given he hasn't been used.

If I don't sell him by the time Scholes goes I may just bang him in.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Martial has one:

And here are more with actual stats:

http://www.futwiz.com/en/proplayers/fifa17

Asoro looks mental.
    That Regan Poole one. Christ

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...mole_to_glory/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointingly the TOTS Lukaku isn't much of an upgrade on that 89 I was using. He just doesn't feel like he has 96 sprint speed. It's either his low acceleration but I think more likely is his very low agility and balance. So I've sold him back and can now afford essentially any premier league striker that's not TOTS Zlatan or TOTS Sanchez.

I can go full on and grab someone like Sanchez or Agueros top IF card, even a version of Hazard. Or I could split it and grab 86 ST Martial and try to pick up the TOTS Alli or Azpi too.

TOTS Eriksen is a dream. Literally the only thing wrong with him is he could use a bump of pace. Everything else is perfect.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Disappointingly the TOTS Lukaku isn't much of an upgrade on that 89 I was using. He just doesn't feel like he has 96 sprint speed. It's either his low acceleration but I think more likely is his very low agility and balance. So I've sold him back and can now afford essentially any premier league striker that's not TOTS Zlatan or TOTS Sanchez.

I can go full on and grab someone like Sanchez or Agueros top IF card, even a version of Hazard. Or I could split it and grab 86 ST Martial and try to pick up the TOTS Alli or Azpi too.

TOTS Eriksen is a dream. Literally the only thing wrong with him is he could use a bump of pace. Everything else is perfect.
    I'd have a hard time believing any striker actually performs better than IF Andre Gray, so if you need upgrades elsewhere in the side grab him and go big on those.