User Tag List

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. He scored five goals over three games, one of which was a back post header for which he beat Godin on a standing jump. I still won two of the three games we played because IF Gameiro is also a demon and Carrasco with a Catalyst card has 99 pace, but Sanchez was giving me aneurysms all over the place.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forward of defending he only has 2 stats below 80. Even then one of them doesn't matter.

I'd be trying my best to take him down by the halfway line.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up OTW Sansone for 33k. Now just need him to shit on Eibar on Sunday.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've nabbed him to play second fiddle to IF Gameiro, along with IF N'Zonzi in for 16k. He's like a slow motion Vieira.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the previous owner scored over 100 goals with him, so I'm about to find out just how shit at this game I am.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just how different your style of play is. I've had plenty of brilliant players and been unable to do anything at all with them, and while I'm not amazing at the game I'm good enough to win Div 1 now and then when I get a side right.

I tried Aduriz for a while and if Sansone doesn't work out for you he'll fit right into your 'cross to a big lump' tactic from before.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any of you are waiting on those SBC players (Gaspar, Costa or Payet) then you should check the price of the Scream Cards. If you're on Xbox then there are several hovering just above 40k coins. PS4 guys are looking at about 30k for the cheaper ones.

It might be worth doing if you have a La Liga team. That Gaspar card with Anchor on is a little bit silly. and you'd essentially be getting him for the cost of 1 scream card.

I'm expecting those prices will plummet after the weekend too. The temporary upgrades run out so I can imagine a lot of people trying to sell fast, after the weekend league.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Centre backs with High/Medium work rates terrify me and he's tiny. I'm always looking out for SBC with La Liga players as prizes now but that one just doesn't appeal. Hopefully they do one of the longer term challenges with a La Liga prize, like the ones for Giovinco and Jonas. I'd be all over that.

Played two games just now, one with Sansone up front and one with Gameiro. Each got a brace, with IF Rafinha setting up three of them and N'Zonzi the other. Lovely stuff. Kovacic is probably the best budget player I've used, by the way. 900 coins with an Engine card on him and he's faintly ridiculous.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't notice his work rates. Though you could probably bring him on as a midfielder and he'd fit better.

I've got my decent Bundesliga team but now I have 55k coins to add to it. At the point now where all the upgrades start getting expensive, but I've come across this chap. Naby Keita. Don't let that position fool you. He's in no way at all a CDM, but move him forward and put the right style on him and he has nearly 80 on all his stats.

Bonus too, he costs fuck all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I didn't notice his work rates. Though you could probably bring him on as a midfielder and he'd fit better.
    OK
    I've got my decent Bundesliga team but now I have 55k coins to add to it. At the point now where all the upgrades start getting expensive, but I've come across this chap. Naby Keita. Don't let that position fool you. He's in no way at all a CDM, but move him forward and put the right style on him and he has nearly 80 on all his stats.

Bonus too, he costs fuck all.
    I might stick an engine card on him and take out Kimmich.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    I might stick an engine card on him and take out Kimmich.
    Let me know how he does.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imbula is the best cheap player I've used, might have to use him in a 433 with IF N'Zonzi holding at some point.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't recommend N'Zonzi highly enough. He just bosses the middle third of the pitch completely, and that's with a basic chemistry style. I suspect it'll be like having a goal head start when I get around to sticking a Shadow on him.

I've taken an interest in IF Abdennour with an Anchor card on him. Anyone used him? His High/High work rate is a concern, but Koulibaly was the same and he was great.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can set player instructions to tell people to stay back when attacking, but I'm not sure how that would work with someone with a high attacking work rate. I'm not sure which instruction they'll listen to.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Futbin reckons he costs nearly 100k more on PS4 than he does on Xbox. Are prices really that different?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went on last night to pick up Keita and play a season. One went on the market as a CM with Maestro for 15k. As I clicked buy now the servers died. I still haven't been able to get on since. No idea if I got him or not.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Just played a mate online who admits to having put about four hundred quid into this.
    Unless he's incredibly wealthy, that's fucking tragic.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if he's bezzing it with Richard Branson it's sad.

It's an over priced sticker book, for fuck sake.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Servers down

I was looking forward to trying out Castro.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've been down since essentially Saturday night. Still no idea if I won that Keita or not.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've been down since essentially Saturday night. Still no idea if I won that Keita or not.
    Speaking of him, I actually got him in my TOTW loan pack this morning.

I've been able to get on the web app today whicu was the first time in ages bar 5 minutes here and there.

Madden servers are down too and I've read that Battlefield's are as well so it must be a blanket attack on all things EA.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to have a game.

Castro scored a header in his debut but was largely anonymous in a 3-3 draw in which my opponent picked me apart.

I've still not done any team/player instructions (partly because I don't know how) and it shows up sometimes so much.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stopping your full backs going forward seems to be a key one. With how much people are going towards the counter attack now you have to have numbers back. You can usually score with 4/5 players attacking anyway.

Servers still out for me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Movember in FIFA

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balls.

Saw that Gustavo and Ricardo Rodriguez were getting new cards. Thought they might be worthwhile but these Movember shits only add 5 physical.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only had Monday night to play the Weekend League, so that DDOS was rather fortuitous for me.

Racked up 16 wins, annoyingly as was leading 2-0 in both my final two consecutive games only to lose on pens to guys that went balls out all-attack in an end of weekend effort to up ranking. Still, took Silver 1 rank and will enjoy the rewards on Friday when I'm back home.

SILVER 1

14 to 17 wins out of 40 playable matches

20,000 coins
    1 x Jumbo Premium Gold Players pack
    1 x Mega pack

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to re-qualify every week? Or does one participation mean you're in it for good?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a French side so I can use IF N'Zonzi next to Imbula. Will partner Giroud who is still one of my favourite players in FIFA with IF Gameiro when I get the funds. Laporte with Shadow looks class, full on tank who can actually pass it. Bit scared of Umtiti's workrate and being a midget.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally decided to change my team instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMA7XO-iB4) and played a game offline as I was too tried and didn't feel like getting fisted by a 12 year old Chinese kid.

I think the main thing is the HUGE difference between offside trap (christ it's a fucking mess) and cover. I didn't feel like I was going to concede every fucking time I didn't have the ball which made for a much more pleasant experience.

On the attacking side of things, it actually seemed that we were doing so with a purpose now instead of just sideways passing for a bit before trying to force the ball into someone who was marked.

Hopefully this all actually works against the Chinese teens though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, switching to cover completely changed the game for me when I made the swap.

Due to France having a shambolic set of wingers to choose from (pretty much every single one of their LMs are right footed) and me going back to crossing to a lump, I've gone for 5 at the back so I can use wingbacks instead.Tremoulinas is a beast and only just realised there is an IF Corchia who can be picked up for 10k, add catalyst to him and hes got 95 crossing properly cant wait to use this team.

Midfield 3 has IF N'Zonzi and Coquelin holding with Imbula slightly ahead. Giroud and Remy at the top for now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever decided to make offside trap the default option is a fucking mong.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Unless he's incredibly wealthy, that's fucking tragic.
    He's not wealthy but he can very easily afford to write off that sort of money on a folly, and he's the sort of person who immediately does everything to extremes. He'll probably have spaffed about a grand on it by the time the next version comes out.

I've binned off James Rodriguez and Varane and replaced them with Modric and Pepe. Modric is absolutely brilliant.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was hoping Giroud might sneak an IF this week, but Sanchez got. It instead. Going to be an unreal card.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samadini View Post
    Was hoping Giroud might sneak an IF this week, but Sanchez got. It instead. Going to be an unreal card.
    John's mate is going to fist people with it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought his first IF card was mad, that just looks obscene.

The Liverpool fan in me wants that Coutinho card, but like hell can I afford that. Fair few top quality cards across the board though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got round to playing this. The Journey is decent but fuck me it's slow going. 20 minutes of chat before you can kick a ball. Hopefully it picks up now I'm going off on pre-season.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined Bournemouth on loan and had Callum Wilson dick about with my airplane seat, even though I was one of the few who had faith in him when we packed him off to Tamworth a few years ago. ET TU CALLUM?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That IF Sule card looks interesting. Lacking a little on pace, but with a Shadow card you bump him up to 68, with mid 90's defending and physical. Another one going for almost discard value too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to re-qualify every week? Or does one participation mean you're in it for good?
    Up until now, yes.

Now if you get to Gold 3 (one level/2 wins more than I got to) you automatically re-qualify.

I'm aiming for gold 2 this weekend if I qualify in time. Working 4 days a week in London is not conducive to getting on before the weekend league starts, even more so now that they've extended the window. If I do qualify tonight though, I'll be off work tomorrow and going balls deep either side of my PT session.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That IF Sule card looks interesting. Lacking a little on pace, but with a Shadow card you bump him up to 68, with mid 90's defending and physical. Another one going for almost discard value too.
    Is that it? Damn.

I thought the same but assumed he'd go for a bit higher.

I might dump Hummels.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website for prices

http://www.futbin.com/

IF Corchia with Catalyst is class, playing him as a wingback with 'always overlap'. Donning it with crosses to Giroud.

http://www.futbin.com/17/player/15239/corchia

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that it? Damn.

I might dump Hummels.
    Woof. Might sit nicely with the ultra mobile Shadow Boateng in my Bundesliga XI. Need to pick up OTW Sanches at some point too.

Might swap Aguero for IF Sanchez in my BPL team. Also looking for Kante to replace Ramsay in midfield.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that it? Damn.

I might dump Hummels.
    Woof. Might sit nicely with the ultra mobile Shadow Boateng in my Bundesliga XI. Need to pick up OTW Sanches at some point too.

Might swap Aguero for IF Sanchez in my BPL team. Also looking for Kante to replace Ramsay in midfield.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also going to sell my IF Castro to get Vidal.

I like Castro a lot and he's chipped in with some headed goals but I need someone more defensive in there.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that it? Damn.

I might dump Hummels.
    Funnily enough I was thinking he looked like a discount Hummels.

He's 6 foot 4 too, so it's not like there's much of a compromise.

http://www.futbin.com/17/player/1528...as%20S%C3%BCle

Goes up to 73 pace if you put Shadow actually. It's Anchor that gets him to 68, but you get the added physical boost. 14k coins on both consoles.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally go with Hawk or Hunter, but Gignac with a Finisher chemistry style is the best striker I've used by a fucking mile, weirdly.

First time for about two weeks I'm able to put more than about an hour into the game and 'Entering a match has been temporarily disabled'. Fuck sake EA.

I'm going to go and look at some explosions in the sky instead.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scored 2 hatricks in my half hour chances on the pitch and got sent on loan. It must be impossible to avoid.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Scored 2 hatricks in my half hour chances on the pitch and got sent on loan. It must be impossible to avoid.
    It is which is a bit shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does every story follow the same route? Pick a team. Don it for a bit. Out on loan. Mates a cunt. You become the don again?

If so, what's the fucking point? I might just coat this off and do Career mode.