User Tag List

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the horrendous 4-8 start with my custom tactics balls up, I've gone on a 7 game winning streak and recovered to 11-8

If only I'd had the custom tactics from the start. Still, looking good to make Gold before bed and may have a decision to make regarding substituting sleep for further reward later on tonight.

Lacazette and Remy are lethal with the right tactics. Martial has neither scored nor assisted a single weekend league goal but his overall play warrants a place. He tends to be the 'second assister', receiving the ball early in attacks and opening things up with his running before moving the ball on to the CM's or ST's to do the damage down the middle.

Getting Cech in goal for Hybrid 3 was a good decision and Walker is a massive upgrade on Brozinski. Shaqiri is a little better than Sane, though I'm tempted to pick up OTW Sane after his performance today.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowing out at Gold 3, despite being in line for Gold 2. I've battled lag a few times today and then the usual Sunday night issue of post 11pm being full of Elite monthly players with teams full of red cards and it's bloody late. I do think I've got a Gold 1 in me at some point, it's just so hard to find a weekend where I can play all my games in the Saturday afternoon-Sunday evening sweetspot, what with having some semblance of a life to attend to.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the standard of players went up massively last night, much to my dismay. My 14-7 start was quickly wiped out as I only won 1 of my first 6 games. At 15-12 I took a quick break and when I came back won via rage quit inside 30 minutes. Unfortunately 2 straight losses followed. I then managed to sneak a 90th minute winner in a game I had no right still being in(thanks SBC Buffon!), cue rage message afterwards

I managed to pick up another tough win straight after for my 18th win. It was as if a switch flicked in my mind after that and I completely relaxed. I played well but got superkeepered and lost in the 89th minute in the next game. Leaving me 18-15. I have no idea how but from there I managed to win out and I've finished on 25-15. Gold 1.

Great for the weekly(though no consumables is going to hurt) but more importantly it's vital for any hopes of Elite 3 for the month.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work @Gray Fox

What's your team looking like with SBC Buffon now?

Just did the Kurzawa one:

His top speed is still a bit naff vs the incumbent in my Hybrid 4 team, Luke Shaw; but his acceleration (99 with SHA), passing, defending, physical and shooting (ok, he's a defender but Alaba has charged upfield for a couple of vital goals with his midfield-standard shooting, so maybe this lad can do the same) are ridiculous. Had the top speed had another +5 at base level, I'd have gone with Anchor to boost the physical further, or maybe even Engine to make him a real attacking threat.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FUTBIN has updated its SBC page again and now it shows the total estimated cost of each SBC without having to go through each sub-challenge. It's great unless there's an extinct card, which gets displayed as if it costs nothing, but those are almost rare outside of Ligue 1.

It reckons the two full-backs in todays challenges are 30k each. The Kurzawa card makes him the best French left back too. These SBCs in the main have been disappointing, but hopefully this is the start of seeing sense.

@The Merse just sniped me about Kurzawa there.

The team I'm using can be seen here. It's gotten into a bit of a mess to be fair and I've no idea where to take it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    FUTBIN has updated its SBC page again and now it shows the total estimated cost of each SBC without having to go through each sub-challenge. It's great unless there's an extinct card, which gets displayed as if it costs nothing, but those are almost rare outside of Ligue 1.

It reckons the two full-backs in todays challenges are 30k each. The Kurzawa card makes him the best French left back too. These SBCs in the main have been disappointing, but hopefully this is the start of seeing sense.

@The Merse just sniped me about Kurzawa there.

The team I'm using can be seen here. It's gotten into a bit of a mess to be fair and I've no idea where to take it.
    Oh god yeah, he's streaks ahead of the other French LB's, aside from maybe TOTGS Sidibe, but the club of the latter means less possible top class links are available plus his price is ridiculous.

Hmmm... Nice team, but yeah, I get what you mean. Difficult to see where to go with the way those links are.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Oh god yeah, he's streaks ahead of the other French LB's, aside from maybe Sidibe, but his club means less possible links are available so...

Hmmm... Nice team, but yeah, I get what you mean. Difficult to see where to go with the way those links are.
    See the way it is now I should really invest into making 2 separate teams. Having to buy fitness cards is a real killer. But I don't really have the coins to break it up and keep it competitive for the weekends.

The 2 SBC cards are top notch. Parolo is just great at everything, but his cannon of a right foot seems magnetized to the post/bar. Having a 6ft guy in there is a refreshing change too. Buffon is just so consistent, which is really underrated. No BS going through him and he pulls out the occasional jaw dropping save. I have his 1 mistake from his first 40 games clear in my mind. I dived the right way for a penalty in a shoot-out and it hit his belly but popped up into the net. That's literally been it.

The league I have the most players in is Serie A, so I suppose I could move to a team there, but the forward options are more limited.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See the way it is now I should really invest into making 2 separate teams. Having to buy fitness cards is a real killer. But I don't really have the coins to break it up and keep it competitive for the weekends.
    This. I make a grand instaselling my squad fitness cards from SBC's, the 'free' weekly packs and FUT Champs rewards for probably about 15k a week. Then there's the all injuries cards, which are the same - a grand instantly and not needed if you can just rotate your squads on the occasions when you don't have a specific healing card for an injury to someone key. Plus, more flexibility for Weekend Leagues too.

The 2 SBC cards are top notch. Parolo is just great at everything, but his cannon of a right foot seems magnetized to the post/bar. Having a 6ft guy in there is a refreshing change too. Buffon is just so consistent, which is really underrated. No BS going through him and he pulls out the occasional jaw dropping save. I have his 1 mistake from his first 40 games clear in my mind. I dived the right way for a penalty in a shoot-out and it hit his belly but popped up into the net. That's literally been it.

The league I have the most players in is Serie A, so I suppose I could move to a team there, but the forward options are more limited.
    In draft I've used Dybala, Insigne and Mertens and they're all fucking ridiculous. Actually fancy making an Italian based 433 with the three of them at some point.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem right now is that I need a big injection of coins to make 2 squads competitive. I could make a pretty damn good Serie A team(minus Dybala), likewise I can make big BPL upgrades, but wouldn't be able to do both.

It's going to be rough this week as I'm 'only' getting the 100k player packs. No consumables. I pray for someone 85 rated or more because they are all selling due to the SBC requirements.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Juanfran SBC last night. Could do it just using players already in my club at a cost of about 60k. I could have got him for a bit less by selling a few players and buying others but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle. Kroos was the highest rated player to go and he's much too slow to be of any use so good riddance.

Be sure to look at SIF Brozovic if you're going down the Serie A path, Fox. He's had a +17 shooting upgrade over his standard card and looks thoroughly daft with an Anchor card. He'll be like getting IF Nainggolan on the cheap. 97 long shots and shot power.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Did the Juanfran SBC last night. Could do it just using players already in my club at a cost of about 60k. I could have got him for a bit less by selling a few players and buying others but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle. Kroos was the highest rated player to go and he's much too slow to be of any use so good riddance.

Be sure to look at SIF Brozovic if you're going down the Serie A path, Fox. He's had a +17 shooting upgrade over his standard card and looks thoroughly daft with an Anchor card. He'll be like getting IF Nainggolan on the cheap. 97 long shots and shot power.

Don't you worry, he's on my radar. He looks bloody silly, I'm hoping for a big SBC tonight so people smash the packs and bring his price down.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you worry, he's on my radar. He looks bloody silly, I'm hoping for a big SBC tonight so people smash the packs and bring his price down.
    Dybala, Toprak, and Gameiro are the new SBCs.

In case you haven't noticed, by the way, the players for SBC are being decided on their squad numbers, so today's are all 21, tomorrow's will be 22, etc. Have a look around a list of squad numbers if you want to try to get ahead of the game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toprak looks tasty.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gameiro is an odd one. The SBC will cost about double what his SIF would, but is the same rating and probably a functionally worse player. Lower shooting and physical, but passing increased by one.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also a Rashford, he looks pretty good but 3 IF's with an 86 rated team? lol.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing Rashford on the console, and his number doesn't fit the established pattern. Is he in celebration of something else?

EDIT- Not seeing it because it's expired. You hopeless mook.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Them being a one day only thing is making people go nuts for them. I was all set for a Lallana on the 20th, but Delle fucking Alli instead. The only one I've done so far is Parolo and only because he's unlikely to get a blue 'team of the x' card and he was a massive upgrade on his only other card. These ones that are the same as IF cards the players have make no sense to me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dybala, Toprak, and Gameiro are the new SBCs.

In case you haven't noticed, by the way, the players for SBC are being decided on their squad numbers, so today's are all 21, tomorrow's will be 22, etc. Have a look around a list of squad numbers if you want to try to get ahead of the game.
    I'm torn. Toprak does indeed look tasty, and I have a lot of Bundesliga players and rate his standard card pretty highly. I can do it on what's in my reserves, but looking at tomorrow... Well...

Notable 22's I've found - Mkhitaryan, Shaquiri, Will.I.An, Isco,

23's - Arturo Vidal, Kagawa, Shaw, Coleman.

Would be keen on the bolded ones, but Isco and Vidal would likely stretch me a little too far. Willian too actually, so hoping for a Shaquiri or Coleman with similar requirements to Toprak.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ventured on Futbin to see Toprak and I also saw Rashford, I had no idea it was expired. I was merely getting the requirements from the mentalists on Futhead going crazy in the comments.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Them being a one day only thing is making people go nuts for them. I was all set for a Lallana on the 20th, but Delle fucking Alli instead. The only one I've done so far is Parolo and only because he's unlikely to get a blue 'team of the x' card and he was a massive upgrade on his only other card. These ones that are the same as IF cards the players have make no sense to me.
    Nice way to get rid of golds in reserve. Especially the likes of Azpilicueta and Ramsey that I've packed about 10 times between them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mkhitaryan is a bit flavour of the moment and that SBC will come a few hours after his current IF exits packs, so he's nailed on.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to do Toprak's SBC, used squad builder and then made some tweaks.

Almost all of the squad was made of loan players. Why the fuck did it put them in if I can't fucking use them? Seething doesn't begin to cover it as I thought I had done it with my only expenditure being 450 on a Capoue card.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mahowry View Post
    Went to do Toprak's SBC, used squad builder and then made some tweaks.

Almost all of the squad was made of loan players. Why the fuck did it put them in if I can't fucking use them? Seething doesn't begin to cover it as I thought I had done it with my only expenditure being 450 on a Capoue card.
    Because it's the same squad builder code it uses when you're not on an SBC. How fucking daft would they have to be to allow loan players in, and how fucking daft do you have to be to think they would?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the 84-rated squads, this is handy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...ilver_players/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Shaw and Vidal are nailed on for 23rd. Neither are likely to see an IF card due to the former being injured most of the time and the latter not being a big goalscorer and too high rated in game to get an IF card otherwise.

I'm not doing any of todays as 2 don't really fit my teams. The one that would is going to cost all the coins I have if I sold my team, so I'll pass. I'm keeping everything bar Movember Lacazette until I see my pack rewards. 2 x 24 all rare gold players. If we assume they're all wank and discard at 650 coins, then that's 30k on top of my 50k coin reward. So I'll be looking at close to 200k to spend. That could well buy me a standard Hazard.
    If I get anything properly good, then I'll look into a Serie A squad. Not really worth doing unless I can get at the least Higuain in there though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During my time in Serie A Hawk Bacca was comfortably the best striker I used. In fact, Higuain not being anywhere near as effective as he was for me last year was the catalyst for me leaving the league. Since I left it the SIF Immobile and IF Belotti that have been released look like they could be seriously good.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took Toprak to pair with Boateng whenever there's a league or nation requirement in FUT Champs as he looks pretty much as good as that IF Sokratis but costs me 0 coins with a squad I'd make no more than 15K on due to 3 of them being untradeable with the exception of one of the worst IF Golds in the game (Spanish CDM worth 25k in current conditions, discard outside of it). So basically, no cost, probably 40k's worth of 'stock', which even then would be at an inflated price due to the market for IF's right now.

Good deal for an 86-rated CB from the Bundesliga with impeccable stats.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belotti looks like a particular bargain at 25k, actually. He started off at 77 rating this year, but has scored 12 in 15 for Torino, made his Italy debut and scored 3 in 5 internationals. Almost nailed on for a Winter Upgrade, which should mean his IF gets a bump too. Profit.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does look good, but he looks as if he'll suffer from the one criticism I have of the Lacazette card. The high defensive workrate sometimes puts him closer to my midfield than my outside forwards. For that reason I'd probably end up leaning towards that Immobile. He's definitely worth me looking at him though.

All obviously depending on rewards. The IF Insigne looks more vital to a Serie A team right now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insigne does look great. Mertens popped four past Joe Hart at the weekend though, one of which was a lovely chip, so I'd be expecting another upgrade for him. Usefulness depends entirely on the position though.

Lemina was the big find of my time in Serie A. Cost buttons but with an Engine card on he looks and plays more like an 84/85 midfielder.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally completed the Toprak card.

Ter Stegen, Monreal, IF Roger (only one I had in my squad), Musacchio, Juanfran, Xhaka, Pedro, Mata, Ramsey, Bruno, Slimani.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insigne does look great. Mertens popped four past Joe Hart at the weekend though, one of which was a lovely chip, so I'd be expecting another upgrade for him. Usefulness depends entirely on the position though.

Lemina was the big find of my time in Serie A. Cost buttons but with an Engine card on he looks and plays more like an 84/85 midfielder.
    I was on about players I can afford. There's going to be so many Mertens cards by the end of the year it'll be silly. Hopefully one of them drops cheap enough.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That new IF Mertens looks mental.

Also, Ousmane Dembele

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get the OTW Dembele? That's a monster first upgrade.

I'll be all over that Vietto. Slightly slower off the mark than Aspas, but better dribbling and shooting and the work rates mean he'll start higher up the pitch anyway. Lovely.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I picked it up last month.

I was slightly annoyed when he got a TOTGS card the other week but his OTW didn't upgrade but thought that it might make for a tasty upgrade when he did get an actual IF.

Can't wait to try him later on tonight.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too keen on any of the SBC today.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want the Lallana card and the Dembele one looks insane. He's down to 110k already too.

Best reward pull was Rakitic. The rest are 84 rated and below but gained me about 100k with the coin rewards included after selling everything but Rakitic(Willian SBC should see his price rise). Lacazette selling would take me up to 200k coins in total. No idea what to do with it mind you.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mahowry View Post
    Not too keen on any of the SBC today.
    I think I'll take Isco for his perfect link to Ramos as he's a freebie for me with plenty of 84/83's in the reserves, was hoping for him and Willian yesterday but Willian's requirements are just a tad too high. I may take Chadli as an interesting card too.

I want the Lallana card and the Dembele one looks insane. He's down to 110k already too.

Best reward pull was Rakitic. The rest are 84 rated and below but gained me about 100k with the coin rewards included after selling everything but Rakitic(Willian SBC should see his price rise). Lacazette selling would take me up to 200k coins in total. No idea what to do with it mind you.
    Got another walkout

Unfortunately it was just Mkhitaryan, but hey, it's alright. Also picked up Thiago and Ramsey in the same pack, both of whom I'd used in the Toprak SBC, so they replenished my stocks for today.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    I think I'll take Isco for his perfect link to Ramos as he's a freebie for me with plenty of 84/83's in the reserves, was hoping for him and Willian yesterday but Willian's requirements are just a tad too high. I may take Chadli as an interesting card too.

Got another walkout

Unfortunately it was just Mkhitaryan, but hey, it's alright. Also picked up Thiago and Ramsey in the same pack, both of whom I'd used in the Toprak SBC, so they replenished my stocks for today.
    I'm just destined to get middle of the road packs I guess. Lacazette just sold so I have the 200k. I can buy a Hazard or a few very good cards for that and it's tempting. But I know I need 2 squads to make more coin in the long run.

This is exactly the situation I was on about where I have enough coins to do something, but not enough to finish the job off well, no matter which way I go about it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11 Bundesliga players
    1 TOTW Player
    10 rare
    1 Chile player
    87 rating
    100 chemistry.

Not sure if the SBC Vidal is worth all that.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emre Can? Him and Lallana in the same week? My poor coins.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I actually manage to pick out Bogbrush on corners

My plan to use him with a shadow card as my main defensive midfielder has been a bit of a revelation really. He's constantly running around breaking up attacks then just lays it off to Kante or Eriksen who can try and make things happen.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I can be bothered linking it up tonight, I'll share my best goal I've scored and my 'best' goal from the weekend leagues.

I've bought Lallana for 70k and sold Rooney on for 18, so he was essentially 52k. I've 180 left, so I'm pondering which way to go next.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below you'll find why I always have Memphis on the bench. I was 3-0 down in this one with 15 mins to go. Went all out attack and had it back to 3-3 to go into extra time. We exchanged goals from kick off in ET and then he got another. After that he kept the ball and took it to the corner. Finally got a goal kick back from it and it lead to this:

I won on pens. He was not happy at all.

This is the 'best' goal I've scored. 3-2 with him putting massive pressure on. Got the ball and hoofed it clear.

The Emre Can SBC is about 80k in cost now. As a Liverpool fan, I want him. But that's about half of my coins. If I do move ahead with the 2 teams idea, buying him would put pay to that for another week. Not including a possible Origi on the 27th.

It wouldn't be so bad, but the requirements for the 3 today all being high, means 84 rated cards are pushing 7k+ each and 85 rateds are going for their max price instantly. I'll check back again tomorrow but I doubt things will have improved.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Memphis has an amazing shot on him.

Dabbing though

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He dabbed an made me watch all the replays when 3-0 up. I have no regrets!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quest for 2 teams has me looking like so:

Team 1:

This team was made using mostly players I had in my club, plus the recently bought Lallana. It needs a striker and CM along with a better CB, but it's already a pretty good start.

Team 2:

Obviously has more holes to fill, but I have 170k to spend across both. So the majority needs to go into the 2nd team. There isn't really an option at LF beyond IF Insigne, so that's 60k gone, but that prices me out of Dybala, who is the only striker with out and out pace. The other option is someone like Higuain or Belotti and have him drop deep instead of going in behind.

As for Emre Can, I'm going to have to sell Lallana to buy him I think. But I'll raid the club for any pennies I can get my hands on before doing that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sold my Silver Ligue 1 squad as I can't be doing with 4 squads.

I'm going to miss them, especially Doumbia.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That must have gotten you a pretty penny. The right Ligue 1 silvers go for 8-10k a pop.

I found about 25k worth of discard value cards in my club. I went to sell Lallana back on, but in the space of a few hours he's dropped 10k in price. If he drops down to about 50k I'll buy back again and will be just as well off as before.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    160k or so IIRC after tax which isn't too bad.

I had IF Cyprien, Ninga and Lafont which are the most expensive silvers in the league. Doumbia going for 20k (max buyout) as a 72 rated silver was nice.

I think I made a touch of a profit.

I might make that SBC Bellerin or I might hold off and hope that Sokratis and/or Muller get one tomorrow.