User Tag List

Thread: The Lego Games Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lego Games Thread

Just had a couple of hours on Jurassic World Lego. Jeff Goldblum in lego.

What are your favourites from this series?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Marvel one is really good. My girlfriend doesn't play video games, but we played it together and she got on with it really well.

I got the Jurassic World one in a steam sale ages ago, probably won't ever play it because I don't think you're supposed to when you buy something from a Steam sale.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Original Trilogy Star Wars one is great, the Clone Wars one is pretty strong too. I tried the Lord of the Rings one but didn't really get on with it, partly because I much prefer having a single lobby from which to access levels. The (just released) Force Awakens game has been recommended but I haven't tried it myself yet.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Star Wars was the best I think, although I really enjoyed Marvel Avengers as they seemed to make a lot of positive moves including the team ups.

I also really liked the Harry Potter ones too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you've tried one, you've played them all. Played the two Potter games, not touching another TT game again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy them, but as each new one is just a new lick of paint and a tiny refinement it depends on the source material. The Star Wars games were ace as was the first Indiana Jones one. Pirates of the Caribbean was a slog and the comic book ones involve too vast a universe for me to care.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lego people shouldn't talk.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Force Awakens is meant to be great. I've only personally played the trilogy though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read a really interesting article which was about how the Lego games wound up saving the entire brand. Which is great.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jorgen Vig Knudstorp saved the Lego brand. He came in at 2003/2004 when Lego nearly went bankrupt because they were doing shit and turned it completely around. He diagnosed the problem as Lego trying to do too many different things itself without proper expertise. The old Lego division responsible for shit games was cut and a partnership with TT was started, which resulted in Lego games that were an actual succes, starting with Lego Star Wars in 2005/2006.

They contributed and they contributed big, but they didn't save the brand in itself.

One of the best things Lego did was to cut out the old girly Lego, which were actually Lego sets with mini Barbie dolls and princess settings. Nowadays they have Lego Friends, which are actual Lego sets about regular girls with themes that fir girls, but are not overly girlified.

They're making better choices nowadays.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after a 9 month slog I've finally finished Jurassic World. Well I say finished, I'm still only at 40% completion.

The game seems to come alive somewhat when you can free play any level though and having a stud multiplier of 3,840 is far more fun than it has any right to be.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every one of these I've ever played has involved a process of slogging through the Story Mode until you can do levels with any characters you want and ferret out all the hidden stuff.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Lego eventually getting the licence to everything in history, I'd love a Lego James Bond series.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good fit, pick 18 of the films and have the hub world as some big studio backlot or bits of MI5 or whatever.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    With Lego eventually getting the licence to everything in history, I'd love a Lego James Bond series.
    I was thinking about this last night and I'd love a 24 version.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bond with all the gadgets and shit would be gangster.