Okay so nerd alert, up until about 5 years ago, I was a massive Warhammer nerd, both Fantasy and 40k, I played it since I was 11 and a lot of my lunchtimes at school were spent in the science classroom that doubled as a gaming club, using bunsen burners as terrain and not realising that however fast we played, you couldn't get a 1500 point battle done in an hour (for the uninitiated, you need about an hour per 500 points)

So when I heard Creative Assembly had obtained a licence from Games Workshop for a Warhammer game I went nuts with excitement, thinking about the grand scale that could be achieved and what could be done with a rich history like Warhammer, without worrying about historical constraints.

Then Rome Total War 2 was released, which every Total War fan knows was a debacle. I got sucked into the pre-order hype, played it for an hour and then didn't touch it for a year until I was certain that it was playable. Even then, I reckon it was decent, but not excellent, a 7/10.

Then Attilla Total War came out, 10/10 best game evar. I loved the way CA managed to create a world of chaos fitting with the period of history when the nomadic tribes swarmed over Western Europe.

So, I've heard good things about Total War Warhammer, if you buy up to May 31st then you get Chaos Warriors as a free DLC and CDKeys are offering it for £32.99 currently. I'll report back when I have more info.

Who else is excited?