PDA

View Full Version : Famous People You've Seen and Met

Spammer
21-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Some bloke with a cameraman collared me in Leeds a couple of weeks ago and asked me what I thought about Birmingham New Street station, to which I told the truth and said it was rubbish. I walked off wondering wtf it was for and then tonight I've come home to find a couple of posts on my Facebook wall from people telling me that they'd just seen me on telly. I might even make another appearance at 10pm if they run the same story again, and then who knows what's to come from there?

This thread is for other famous people, other than myself, that you might have seen and met.

Disco
21-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Why are the people of Leeds being asked to comment on a station in another city?

Offshore Toon
21-09-2015, 07:30 PM
I've been on the local news a couple of times. Seized both opportunities for banter.

leedsrevolution
21-09-2015, 07:31 PM
I met Dicky Bird in Scarborough. He was in a pound shop.

Spammer
21-09-2015, 07:31 PM
I think my exact line was "It's like the sun has gone away and will never come back". I think I said some other shit but I'm hoping that made the cut.

Demerit
21-09-2015, 07:34 PM
I've been on homes under the hammer :pards:

Baz
21-09-2015, 07:41 PM
I've been on homes under the hammer :pards:Class! :D

I was wondering this when you were giving me advice.

I met Billy Fury's mum a few months ago; she gave me a CD of his and it's still in my car. Felt a bit sorry for her.

Lee
21-09-2015, 07:46 PM
The most recent was Jeremy Hunt during the election campaign. Got to go in a small group discussion with him after his official but and tell him he was wrong about stuff. Complete cock of a man.

Lewis
21-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Billy Fury's mother must be ancient. How did you meet her?

Baz
21-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Billy Fury's mother must be ancient. How did you meet her?Through work. Went round her house, and ev. Or Wondrous Place, as the sign says. :cool:

Also met this beast of a man (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Buck_%28wrestler%29) the other day.

Alex
21-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Billy Fury's mother must be ancient. How did you meet her?

That was my first thought as well. :D

I don't have any good famous people stories really. I met the bloke who plays Gerard on Peep Show once. In a bar in Lithuania. It started with everybody joking about how much that bloke over there looked like Gerard from Peep Show, and then turned out it actually was him. I don't remember a great deal about it other than that, I was really pissed. We were there on a stag go. I've no idea why he was there. It was during Euro 2012 I believe.

Jimmy Floyd
21-09-2015, 08:49 PM
I sat behind Angus 'Statto' Loughran at the cricket at the weekend. He looked an absolute mess.

TG09
21-09-2015, 09:11 PM
A few people, Tim Sherwood and Jamie Redknapp, a few All Black's, went drinking with Aidan Turner and Luke Evans here in New Zealand while they were filming for the Hobbit. Billy Connolly, Alan Davies and a few other comedians when they tour over here, also Jimmy Savile back when I was in England when I was about 17/18, when I was younger met him with my Dad as he worked in the hospital where my dad works. Got one of them medals he hands out.

Spammer
21-09-2015, 09:17 PM
No mention of my story in the headlines.

Fucking gutted. I was planning on bringing out a sextape in the next few days, sell my story of said sextape to Women's Own and then hopefully get a weekly column in The Sun which could sort me out for life, so long as I kept saying controversial things to keep people interested.

Dan
21-09-2015, 10:01 PM
We have quite a lot of actors/muscial theater people living around my area, since the Chichester Festival Theater is pretty big in those circles, so I've served Michael Ball & Zoe Wannamaker at work.

Nicholas Lyndhurst is in fairly frequently too, although he hates to be recognised so he's usually got a massive cap & jacket on & keeps his head down, which probably looks dodgy as fuck. The plonker :henn0rz:

Pepe
21-09-2015, 10:02 PM
Coco Austin. :drool:

Demerit
21-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Saw Michael Caine at Pebble Beach golf club.

When I was younger I did work experience at John Lewis in Watford and in the space of a week I saw Tim Sherwood buying a carpet, served Lloyd Doyley (Watford player) when he was buying shoes, saw Cesc Fabregas walking through, Alex Song, Ben Foster and Lee from Steps.

Dan
21-09-2015, 10:15 PM
When I was younger I did work experience at John Lewis in Watford and in the space of a week I saw Tim Sherwood buying a carpet, served Lloyd Doyley (Watford player) when he was buying shoes, saw Cesc Fabregas walking through, Alex Song, Ben Foster and Lee from Steps.

One of these is not like the others.

Benny
16-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Just saw Leyton Orient's Sammy Moore (http://uk.soccerway.com/players/sammy-moore/15740/) outside the hairdressers, his mum and dad live in Dover so I guess he's down here fairly often.

The thread has peaked, I know.

phonics
16-10-2015, 01:39 PM
How do you recognise people like that. If i dont see someone for a few months i can barely think what they look like.

bruhnaldo
16-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Ghostface Killah from Wu-Tang Clan gave me dap in the middle of a performance once.

Benny
16-10-2015, 01:48 PM
How do you recognise people like that. If i dont see someone for a few months i can barely think what they look like.

Me and him used to play in the same Sunday morning 'football school', where basically kids can pay a couple of quid to boot a ball around for an hour and be 'coached'. I only remember him because he's now a semi-professional footballer, his dad used to run the football school IIRC.

simon
16-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Ghostface Killah from Wu-Tang Clan gave me dap in the middle of a performance once.

Possibly the whitest thing anyone has ever said on here.

bruhnaldo
16-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Possibly the whitest thing anyone has ever said on here.

Well he didn't exactly shake my hand

And he didn't just bump fists

It was the classic lock around the thumb sliding to clenched fingers bit

I am white, though.

Spammer
16-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I played alongside Millwall's Lee Gregory when we were 16.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2015, 05:19 PM
I saw Vanessa Feltz picking up an order from a Chinese restaurant once.

She loves the place apparently, there are a few pictures on the wall of her with the management.

Disco
16-10-2015, 05:20 PM
I only know a 'dap' as a kind of shoe, how white does that make me?

Pleb
16-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Saw Bernie and Ted Kravtiz at Spa :cool:

Disco
16-10-2015, 05:34 PM
I was yards away from Martin Johnson in a park once but I was too British to go and say hello.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-12-2015, 10:33 PM
I saw Vanessa Feltz picking up an order from a Chinese restaurant once.

She loves the place apparently, there are a few pictures on the wall of her with the management.
Went there today, sadly no Feltz but Richard Madeley picked up an order for him and Judy.

My Auntie remarked that he 'smelled amazing' when he walked past her to get his food. I originally laughed it off but he walked past me on his way to the exit and I couldn't help but agree with her, the man was doused in some amazing cologne.

Disco
18-12-2015, 10:36 PM
How do you know it was for Judy, was there a lot?

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-12-2015, 10:38 PM
I don't know, he put his food in one of those little insulated bags (damn he was prepared) before I could see it.

Jimmy Floyd
18-12-2015, 10:50 PM
I saw Kelvin Mackenzie again the other day. That's three times I've seen him in the last year. I really should tell him how I feel one of these days.

Disco
18-12-2015, 10:52 PM
I hope he paid for it this time.

igor_balis
18-12-2015, 10:55 PM
I've sat on the lap of both Lee Hughes and Pete Kember from Spacemen 3.

Was introduced to Anton Newcombe of Brian Jonestown Massacre and Dig 'fame' by a mutual friend when he was DJing, I cornered him by the toilets and asked him to play a smiths song, he played there is a light and spent the entire song staring at me and repeatedly giving me the thumbs up. Mutual friend said he was surprised he didn't deck me for doing that, let alone actually agreeing to it.

Awkwardly smiled and said 'alright?' at Stewart Lee, again by toilets, before he did a small warm-up gig in a pub in London. Me and my mates were at the back of the room, and when he got annoyed by people checking the Germany-Spain semi final score on their phones, he came and essentially whispered the last 15 minutes of his routine to us. Good guy.

Met and chatted to Colt Cabana and Brendon Burns during the fringe, both cool as fuck.

Saw Michael Rosen in Euston station.

All incredibly D-list but I don't give a shit.

My favourite meeting a celebrity story was when my mate bumped into John Cooper Clarke in a train station as he was filming something for a tv show, and he ended up being in the programme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW1Rc9tWeAA

Manc
18-12-2015, 10:58 PM
I've seen Bez a fair few times.

igor_balis
18-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Oh, and I've chatted to Eddie Argos and Richard Herring via facebook and email exchanges respectively. Try not to get too jealous!!!

Lewis
18-12-2015, 11:10 PM
I e-mailed David Irving last year, and the cunt never got back to me.

Spoonsky
23-01-2016, 07:35 AM
Elijah Wood at Sundance. :cool:

leedsrevolution
23-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Since last posting in this thread I've met Dicky Bird a second time. He's always in Scarborough for some reason.

Jimmy Floyd
23-01-2016, 09:45 AM
For Yorkshire cricket folk, Scarborough is like Miami Beach. It would be disloyal to holiday outside the boundaries of Yorkshire.

Kikó
23-01-2016, 09:50 AM
I've walked past David Haye having dinner near marble arch before. My missus is friends with Paul Collingwood from her sky days.

I was friends with a couple of semi famous people- Nikki Dean who does strictly's online programme and the guy from Britannia High, Marquelle Ward.

I do play football with a pretty decent squash player as well https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Temple&ved=0ahUKEwjFseWf1L_KAhVMBBoKHc_2ChYQFggyMAc&usg=AFQjCNENgplMjeXIseyJN4fKgiBUKNsDVQ&sig2=Y6sSbzlsdV_dssfuYcBMtQ

Max Power
23-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Manu Tuilagi in Tesco. Didn't stop and chat.

Spammer
24-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Bloke on my counselling training course that I've gotten close with over the last few months. He just mentioned yesterday that he was the drummer in the indie/rock band The Music. What the fuck.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Bloke on my counselling training course that I've gotten close with over the last few months. He just mentioned yesterday that he was the drummer in the indie/rock band The Music. What the fuck.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/kissablekae/TFS/MJ/simpsons-starkravingdad12.png

Raoul Duke
24-01-2016, 05:02 PM

The were a cracking band.

Reg
24-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Mahow. :D

The Merse
24-01-2016, 05:37 PM

Probably my favourite drumming performance all time was by him then... It's brilliantly balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WK0P0Ej2bc

Lee
24-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Manu Tuilagi in Tesco. Didn't stop and chat.

I sat by him on a train about eighteen months ago after having watched Tigers. I didn't speak to him but a few blokes did. He seemed very nice, chatting and posing for photos.

Gray Fox
24-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Coming back from a holiday in September, me the kids, Mrs, her mum and sister had to change trains from Waterloo to Euston. Going out to the Waterloo taxi rank we were stopped by a few people in what I think were Sky shirts telling us there was an interview going on and to hold on.
A couple seconds later the TV camera went away and out came all the selfie sticks the the guy stepped out from against the wall to reveal it was Martin Johnson. The Mrs got annoyed by being held up and pushed past him with the rest of us following. When in the Taxi they started going out about 'some nobody getting in their way.'

Not even funny how tiny I am compared to him.

Spoonsky
24-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Elijah Wood was hilarious actually. We were walking down Main Street hoping to see some celebrities when suddenly my friend spins around and shouts "Elijah Wood!" And the guy walking past us, who turns out to be Elijah Wood, says "what's up man" and then power walks away from us. :D We followed him and almost caught up with him before he ducked into a private party. It was definitely him, we could have picked him up and carried him off if we'd been a bit faster.

Magic
24-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Yeah you saw Elijah Wood, we get it.

Spoonsky
24-01-2016, 06:39 PM
I'm like Floyd after 7/7, I can't help it. And you're Oimoi you bastard.

Lewis
24-01-2016, 08:28 PM
'I thought you was great in Thor mate.'

Danny
29-01-2016, 03:57 AM
Eva Longoria was on my flight from Philly to Atlanta yesterday.

She's tiny :drool:

Spoonsky
29-01-2016, 03:58 AM
That's a better tiny person.

Queenslander
29-01-2016, 05:24 AM
I walked past Pat Rafter on the beach at christmas.

The bloke is a huge and still is built like a super athelete.

Shindig
29-01-2016, 07:05 AM
I read that as Pat Butcher.

Baz
29-01-2016, 07:46 AM
I was working over the road from Ricky Lambert's mum and dads the other day. It's a proper shithole street in Kirkby, where their house stands out like a sore thumb as being the only one with a porch and blinds, rather than net curtains.

wullie
03-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Badger from Breaking Bad was out in Cov last night, he's directing some play here.

P_3
13-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Bumped into Matt Holland at Colchester train station. :cool: