PDA

View Full Version : The Witness (Spoilers Within)

phonics
27-01-2016, 03:46 PM
This is going to need it's own thread.

I'm about 30 minutes in, I completed the Boathouse/Tutorial section at which point I went through a Chinese gate looking thing that has another gate in front of it. I have 2 complete two types of puzzles. One where you have 2 different coloured lines hit the specific coloured pips. I'm on the last one of these and stuck. It's infuriating so I moved on and found another series of puzzles that seem to have something to do with the landscape behind them. I got to the third or fourth one of those before giving up, going back to the coloured lines and then giving up again.

It's great.

Mike
27-01-2016, 04:17 PM
I want to play this. Me and Baz are doing a charity thing next month. Would this work for something like that or am I better playing it on my own?

phonics
27-01-2016, 04:41 PM
I can imagine watching people fail at this would be even more annoying than the failure itself.

Shindig
27-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Yeah, its not a spectator sport like Dark Souls. 69 panels down and I've already started the note-taking. And apparently this game is making me motion sick. That's a first.

phonics
27-01-2016, 11:15 PM
Shindig, I'm at the ones after the chinese gate where you have the avoid the rocks. I'm on the third one or so and there's only one rock (although I can approach it from a diff. angle with 3 rocks) but none of the combos seems to work. Have I got the rules wrong.

(It's the secondary level to the blue and yellow lines)

Shindig
28-01-2016, 10:00 AM
I'm not going to post solutions here but if you're dealing with two lines at once, remember that the other line does the opposite of your controlled line. Sometimes what I do is used the controlled line to see what directions I need the other line to take and then map it back from there.

Plus its difficult to know specific puzzles because its all blending together at the minute. My first 60-odd where flying by but my last 10 have been proper battles. Found a new ruleset though and its nice when a theory turns out right and my execution was a bit lacking.

Shindig
30-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Okay, I was wrong about the tetronimoes. Should be able to finish The Keep, now. And I've found out the trick to the greenhouse.

And the review is up. www.playstationcountry.com

hfswjyr
30-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Very confused by the tetris shaped pieces.

Shindig
30-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Yeah, they don't make the sense they should. You at the swamp or somewhere else?

hfswjyr
31-01-2016, 12:45 AM
I've taken the boat to the tree house and struggling through. I hate it when the game breaks the logic it builds!

ItalAussie
31-01-2016, 12:45 AM
My computer can't run this, and it's almost making me contemplate an upgrade solely for that purpose. :moop:

When I do eventually get an upgrade, I'll be crowd-sourcing advice on this game. Just FYI.

Mike
31-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Started this yesterday on the PS4. It made me feel super smart then proper thick then smart again!
It's good!

hfswjyr
31-01-2016, 10:12 AM
My computer can't run this, and it's almost making me contemplate an upgrade solely for that purpose. :moop:

When I do eventually get an upgrade, I'll be crowd-sourcing advice on this game. Just FYI.

This game was made for you. Well, made for people who love spotting patterns (mathematicians).

Shindig
31-01-2016, 12:58 PM
When you say can't run, by how much? Its all logic puzzles, Ital.

Baz
01-02-2016, 12:14 AM
I've got this on PS4. Looking forward to a long sesh sometime soon.

phonics
03-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Put this on while some friends are over to see if they'd take to it. Now everyones coming over tonight to play it together. It's a bit hectic and whoever's controlling gets shouted at a lot but it's fun.

Shindig
03-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Yeah, any puzzle to do with perspective is making me ill.

Shindig
06-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Walkthrough's being constantly referred to now. Fuck it. You can talk about space and zen all you want but when your puzzles start disregarding their own logic you can do one, Mr. Blow.

And now its over. Starting to rethink my review.

hfswjyr
07-02-2016, 06:17 PM
I've taken the boat to the tree house and struggling through. I hate it when the game breaks the logic it builds!

Yep.

Shindig
07-02-2016, 08:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ198qkDhVY

Okay, John. I might consider giving this another run. It is a fascinating thing.