PDA

View Full Version : VBookie - [UPDATED]

phonics
18-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Right, first order of business with this is I'm not running it and I'm not sure any of the current staff are either. So we need some Bookies, this allows you to Open, Close and Settle bets. The system takes a little getting used to but it's relatively simple.

As Baz mentions you have to start a thread, fill in the various bits like you would a poll, give appropriate odds and set a closing deadline for taking bets. After the deadline the Bookie has to setlle who won the bet and confirm the winners at which point everyone gets paid.

So I can't just give Bookies rights to everyone or everyone could fuck around with it and it'd be chaos. If anyone would like to volunteer it'd be much appreciated.

A few things with vBookie
- (I think) You can only have 1 bet per thread and we don't want 30 threads clogging up the forum so selective use would be best
- I'm pretty sure you can't tag a bet onto an already created post so if you wanted a bet in the Weekend Football Thread, you'd have to create it yourself
- It'd still be cool to have a weekly betting thing as well though so anyone who really wanted to commit to the idea could make something very cool for the forum I think

As I said above if anyone would like to volunteer it'd be much appreciated.

Q.What is it?

A.It's a betting system, allowing you to bet on certain events. No real money is involved, just "vCash".

Q.How do you bet?

A. You place a number in the box to the right of the option you want to bet on, and click the "Place Bet" button beneath the options. If you want your bet to be made private, make sure to click the appropriate box

Q: Can my bet(s) be reversed or negated?

A: Once a bet is placed, it cannot be reversed.

Please be cautious when placing your wagers and review your bets before you submit. Unfortunately, Mods/Admins cannot go in and make the change nor give the vcash for those bets back to you. At least this is fake money.

Q. How to you create a vBookie event?

A. At this point, only a mod can create an event. Once the demand is there, we will open it up to others.

This is how it works: You create the thread, then you click the "Yes, post a vBookie Event with this thread" under Additional Options. You then select the event, the bettable (is this a word) options, the odds, the time to accept bets till, and the time that you pay out what's owed. Make sure to uncheck the "Same as 'Accept Bets Until' date", or you will get a strange time. Keep in mind that you can only bet on short term events, such as individual games, series' and other events that apply.

Q. Why can you only bet on short term events?

A. Because long term bets (such as a "Who will win the Super Bowl " in august) tie up the server, causing massive slowdown.

Q. Who can settle events?

A. Sponsors and moderators may only edit and settle their own events.

Q. Can vcash be donated to others?

A. No.

Q. What happens if I go vbroke?

You can't go vbroke. If you bet it all and lose, you'll find 50 vbucks in your account the next day.

Q. How do I check the vbookie standings? Where do I stand compared to others?

A. Vbookie Statistics Page (http://thethirdhalf.co.uk/vbookie.php?do=stats)

Happy Betting - Get Rich,

Samadini
18-09-2015, 04:43 PM
:swing:

7om
18-09-2015, 08:39 PM
This sounds awesome. I don't frequent any other boards (except teh reguge in emergencies) so I had no idea this kind of thing existed. Looking forward to seeing how it works.

Pepe
18-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Half of us will lose all of our e-money within a week.

phonics
18-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Half of us will lose all of our e-money within a week.

You get refilled every 24 hours.

P_3
18-09-2015, 10:05 PM
What can we buy with our money?

TG09
20-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Nice idea. In for a penny in for a pound. Lets go!

Benny
21-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Should have put a bet on to see when Jimmy Floyd would crack and sign up.

Magic
21-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Is this the new bit coins?

Baz
21-09-2015, 08:18 PM
I was going to start a thread with a bet attached to it but it works like a poll where you create the thread first and then add the bet later, so I chickened out in case once the thread was created I didn't have the permissions to create a bet or something. Someone with bigger balls try it?

TG09
21-09-2015, 08:36 PM
If someone makes me a mod I will do it :) I am awake when you guys are sleeping being in New Zealand. :)

phonics
21-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Right, first order of business with this is I'm not running it and I'm not sure any of the current staff are either. So we need some Bookies, this allows you to Open, Close and Settle bets. The system takes a little getting used to but it's relatively simple.

As Baz mentions you have to start a thread, fill in the various bits like you would a poll, give appropriate odds and set a closing deadline for taking bets. After the deadline the Bookie has to setlle who won the bet and confirm the winners at which point everyone gets paid.

So I can't just give Bookies rights to everyone or everyone could fuck around with it and it'd be chaos. If anyone would like to volunteer it'd be much appreciated.

- (I think) You can only have 1 bet per thread and we don't want 30 threads clogging up the forum so selective use would be best
- I'm pretty sure you can't tag a bet onto an already created post so if you wanted a bet in the Weekend Football Thread, you'd have to create it yourself
- It'd still be cool to have a weekly betting thing as well though so anyone who really wanted to commit to the idea could make something very cool for the forum I think

Toby
21-09-2015, 09:00 PM

I'd suggest unsticking this while it's active. I never look at stickies (clicked this by accident) and I imagine a few others are the same.

TG09
21-09-2015, 09:24 PM
I can help out if needed

Baz
26-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Just tried to make a 'who will reach 10k posts first?' bet but realised I can't. :(

Pleb
26-09-2015, 09:18 PM
What's the deal with the VCash resetting itself or is that a myth?

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Q. What happens if I go vbroke?

You can't go vbroke. If you bet it all and lose, you'll find 50 vbucks in your account the next day.

If only you could read...

Samadini
27-09-2015, 06:51 AM
:swing:

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Phonics, I haven't been given any new Vcash since losing my pot...

Seems no one else has either.