PDA

View Full Version : Madden

Dan
10-01-2016, 10:05 PM
For all us NFL fans out there.

Been playing 15 lately, and I've just knocked up my own custom playbooks to use in Franchise mode. Started a game with the 49ers & went through a complete re-draft, taking Cam Newton in R1, and ending up with what I think is a fairly solid team.

OFFENCE:
QB - Cam Newton (91), Brett Hundley (70)
RB - Mark ingram (81), Tevin Coleman (77), Alex Green (72), Leon Washington (68)
FB - Tommy Bohanon (74)
WR - Stefon Diggs (84), Victor Cruz (82), Nelson Agholor (75), Chris Conley (63), Greg Childs (59), Deontay Greenberry (58)
TE - Gary Barnidge (82), Luke Willson (79), Brandon Williams (72)
LT - Jason Peters (91), Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (63)
LG - Mike Iupati (91), Kristjan Sokoli (53)
C - Nick Mangold (92), Russell Bodine (76)
RG - Marshal Yanda (94), Tyler Shatley (59)
RT - Brandon Scherff (79), DJ Humphries (70)
DEFENCE:

LE - William Hayes (83), Jarvis Jenkins (71)
RE - Corey Liuget (85), Trey Flowers (73)
DT - Kyle Williams (86), Brodrick Bunkley (73), Jesse Williams (70), Darius Kilgo (61)
LOLB - Aaron Lynch (81), Marquis Spruill (68)
MLB - Navorro Bowman (92), Tim Dobbins (76), Zaviar Gooden (69), Khairi Fortt (68)
ROLB - Julian Stanford (73), Davis Tull (69)
CB - Jason McCourty (84), Marcus Peters (83), Antwon Blake (66), Doran Grant (66), Jamar Taylor (63)
FS - Landon Collins (70), Don Jones (63)
SS - Deone Bucannon (84), Taylor Mays (70)
SPECIAL TEAMS:

K - Brandon McManus (82)
P - Bryan Anger (86)

The draft has also thrown up some interesting offences on other teams:

Giants - Andy Dalton, Le'Veon Bell & Dez Bryant
Jags - Ben Roethlisberger, Jonathan Stewart, Julian Edelman & Brandon Marshall
Lions - Andrew Luck, Gio Bernard, Alshonn Jeffery & Allen Robinson
Panthers - Teddy Bridgewater, CJ Andersen, Doug Baldwin & Jimmy Graham
Seahawks - Aaron Rogers & Todd Gurley
Steelers - Drew Brees, Jamaal Charles, Mike Evans & Martavis Bryant
Bills - Tyrod Taylor, Doug Martin, Odell Beckham Jr, DeSean Jackson & Delanie Walker
Browns - Tom Brady, Jeremy Langford & Travis Kelce
Cowboys - Eli Manning, Jeremy Hill, Jordy Nelson & Rob Gronkowski
Dolphins - Russell Wilson, Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Ted Ginn Jr, Jordan Reed & Ben Watson
Eagles - Blake Bortles, Latavius Murray, AJ Green & Randall Cobb

You also have some interesting approaches to drafting QBs like Mettenberger starting for the Falcons, McCarron for the Chargers, Osweiler for the Jets, Manziel for the Titans, Cutler for the Raiders (who also have Antonio Brown & Jarvis Landry) & Fitzpatrick for the Pats (throwing to Kenny Britt & Brian Quick, although they do have Eifert). We also ended up with Cousins & Foles staying with Washington & St Louis, plus Green Bay drafting Mariota, Bradford & Hasselbeck.

Strategy was to snap up a QB & a linebacker early, get a few reliable CBs & then pile into the offensive line since receivers & running backs can pretty much just be plugged in. The later picks were basically used to get guys with good physical stats as they cost way more to improve than stuff like awareness & play recognition, and those 'intangible' stats boost OVR ratings really quickly, so most of my backups play better than their stats suggest & will rapidly improve.

Been trying to play defence a bit better myself as well, but then games take forever so I've gone back to SuperSim again :D Will have to try to get it down at some point though, I'm pretty awful as it stands, although I could probably get the hang on playing as a linebacker or safety with time.

I really want to play another player career as a FS like I did on 11, but the camera's the wrong way round now & you can only flip it on next gen consoles, so I'm not that fussed for the minute.

---

Anyways, let this be the place you talk about your Madden games.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-01-2016, 10:26 PM
It's always the easiest to play as a linebacker.

I mainly play MUT and here is my team:

http://i.imgur.com/GcNPs3n.png

http://i.imgur.com/UhcQ3nS.png

On defence I usually use either Kendricks, Woodson, Kuechly, Barber or NTL.

Oh and for anyone wondering, Za'Darius Smith is absolutely bonkers so much so that some people have 5 or 6 versions of him in their teams.

I haven't started a team franchise but I went a bit deep on a CB game the other day. I made a 6 foot 2 man corner in the mould of Jimmy Smith/DRC, in the first season I was the 4th CB so rarely saw snaps other than on special teams. I ran back 3 punt returns for TD's (longest was 95) as well as a kick off for 90 which saw me go to the pro bowl, in the second season I was the third choice CB and I wasn't being targeted when I was in coverage but I went bonkers on blitzes and finished with 13 sacks plus a few more KR and PR TD's for another pro bowl.

I've only played a couple of games in the third season as the second choice but the Ravens annoyed me by chucking Harbaugh for Fox as I'm getting less XP in training and things cost so much more. I already have a PR TD on the season and, again, I'm barely being targeted in coverage but I do have a pick after I was tested late on in a game which iced it.

Edit: My career stats are 54 solo tackles, 70 assists (124 total), 12 tackles for a loss, 14 sacks, 1 interception, 2 deflections, 0 catches allowed (not sure how that's 0, I've given up some plays including 1 TD as I got fucked on a slant route), 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery (not one of my forced fumbles), 1 TD (the fumble) and 1 safety.

Not too shabby for 35 games played.

Oh and in the return game, I've had 69 kick returns at average of 26.5 with 2 TD's the longest being 100 yards and 109 punt returns with 16.6 average, 5 TD's and the longest being 99 yards.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Demoted back down to 3rd choice CB as Ladarius Webb gained more confidence and in my first game back I kept blitzing Big Ben and he kept shitting the bed.

He threw three pick 6's to other backs just before I sacked him and another time he managed to break through a sack I was about to get only to get smashed by Mosley who caused him to fumble.

I think I prefer being a nickel corner rather than a number 1.

Edit: Just got my first Defensive Player of the Week award for sacking Aaron Rodgers 6.5 times, although it could have been so many more, and 1 forced fumble (I also scored an 85 yard punt return too).

http://i.imgur.com/IKnc0Mf.jpg?1

Hmmm, that's an impressive amount of fumble return yards on just one fumble recovery.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Finished my 3rd season with 66 solo tackles, 41 assists, 16 tackles for a loss, 30 sacks (eat a whole fucking bag of dicks Strahan you gap toothed fucker :drool:), 1 interception, 2 pass deflections, 3 forced fumbles, 3 recoveries and 1 defensive TD.

In the return game I ran back 36 kicks for 1,041 yards (a league best of 28.9 average and 3 TD's with my longest being 108 yards. In punts I returned 39 back for 654 yards (my average of 16.8 was by far the league best) with 2 TD's, the longest being 84 yards. The rest of the league was shit in punt return this season, only 2 other players ran a TD back with the highest return punt for a player who didn't score a TD being only 19 yards.

I was defensive player of the week 4 times (including the final 2 weeks), I was named defensive player of the year but only the 10th best DB :\

Browning
17-08-2016, 05:54 PM
New one is out a week tomorrow so I've ordered it. Comes with free ultimate team stuff so may give that a look for once. No idea what I'll do career mode wise.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Ordered mine too, cannot wait.

Gray Fox
18-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Have they robbed the frostbite engine for Madden too? Or is it just your usual slight upgrade on last years version?

Browning
18-08-2016, 11:17 PM
No idea but I haven't bought one since 25 so I can't wait regardless.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Don't even care if it's a slight upgrade.

I put so many hours into it (and too much money into ultimate team :uhoh:) every single year.

Gray Fox
19-08-2016, 10:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pV7PFY_7n8

Von Miller not giving a fuck :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Loading up my game now. Last years UT really opened my eyes because I had a really balanced team until career Charles Woodson came out and I jacked most of my players in to get him and then later boss Ed Reed.

I didn't exactly have chumps (ended the season with about 7 99's or something) but I really liked having that one guy on defence that I'd always user. I'll be doing the same having either a good user MLB or safety and just squibs across the board.

Browning
24-08-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm probably a bit shit at madden so no idea how I'll get on with UT but I have codes for free stuff so may as well try it. Any tips?

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-08-2016, 07:40 PM
For computer challenges it's a fucking grind. To get it over quickly, put the clock acceleration on the lowest setting (like 10 seconds or something so it chews it all the way down) and keep running short run plays. Do whatever you want on defence (I run zone constantly because I see what's happening more and nothing big will go past me but some do punt block man but it's never worked for me).

Against real people, mix it up a lot and pray the dickheads aren't using the cheesy as fuck aggressive catch (not sure if it's still in play here but in 16 it was mental) or nano blitzes (although if you know it's coming you can get huge plays off).

In terms of the market it's much like FUT obviously. I haven't played it in a while so don't know what giveaways/promos they do but in MUT they do a fucking shit load. Some are clear attempts by EA to grab money but some are great even for F2P guys.

Coin ups are good on Madden as you just need to play two games each week and you get to bet (for free) on the winner of a selected match and one of 4 outcomes (I remember winning like 100k one weekend because of a defensive TD). It's advisable not to do many sets right now because the market will be fucking shit, it's probably for the best not to do any of the quick sell sets throughout the year but I'm a bit addicted to them.

Muthead is good for checking prices of things as well and there are a shit ton of videos helping with offensive and defensive strategies. Mutrank is good for giving a complete breakdown on the best players for each position by adding up the total of all the relevant stats too.

With the offence you can be pretty loose I feel but with the defence you should choose either a 4-3 or 3-4 defence and stick to it. Get a playbook you like based on that system (Google will help if you don't know which teams run which system). Also in MUT it's advisable to user a MLB (a quick one) as you can get a lot of cheap picks if you do it well and you will have a greater impact on the game. Running someone on the defensive line, whilst it's nice to pick up sacks, there isn't a huge drop off from a great user to the AI. I personally became a fan of usering a safety last year as I had Woodson and then later Reed who were both fucking insane.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-08-2016, 09:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BnUqDRJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ttc04GG.jpg

Got the Gronk for completing a challenge at the back end of Madden 16, also got a free all-pro pack for all the loyalty vouchers I had and I bought one launch pack bundle.

Lucked out in getting Le'veon Bell which sold for just under 60k and then bought some cheap Ravens to flesh out my squad.

I'll be usering Mosley. 6 foot 2, quick and can jump = win at MLB.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-08-2016, 11:13 PM
One more thing about the market.

Sell now, buy later.

If you think FUT is bad for copies of players just wait until you see MUT. RG3 for instance started with a 77 overall rated card last year, he didn't play once but ended the year with a 97. Thanks to the combine, flashbacks and movers programs.

Von Miller already has 4 versions although one is a starter that can't be sold, as well as a limited challenge version.

Browning
24-08-2016, 11:41 PM
I don't understand how any of it works as I've not even played FUT. I'm going to be totally new to the whole thing.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Oh, I was sure that you had. Apologies.

Browning
25-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Of course my Madden isn't coming until Saturday. :( Guess I picked the wrong delivery option. Fuck sake.

Andrew
25-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Just downloaded the Madden 17 demo, I know in the description box it said it was a timed demo but at least give me long enough to type my EA password in before the timer runs out and says thanks for playing click here to buy the full game ....

Browning
27-08-2016, 04:07 PM
So I put in my pre-order code and it came up as redeemed but didn't download and I don't seem to have got any benefit from it. It needs to be redeemed properly within 2 days so does anyone have any ideas?

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Start a MUT team, go through all the introduction bollocks and 1 (they give you the packs over a number of weeks) will be waiting for you in 'My Packs'.

Browning
27-08-2016, 05:20 PM
It mentioned something about the pre-order but fairly sure it said something along the lines of "This is in the process of being added to your account" and I didn't actually get anything? I'm not sure. What am I meant to get? It mentions "9 ranked tickets" but I have no idea what those are. I have 19 tickets so maybe I did get them? I did get a pack with a fair few players in, and some coaches/playbooks, so maybe it was that and the tickets?

Anyway I played through the first 8 challenges (Panthers and Broncos ones) and my team is now:

QB- Mannion- 58
RB- Crowell- 68
WRs- Hopkins- 77, Quick- 72 and Hankerson- 69

My Full back is 71, OL is 71, 70, 59, 57 and 69 and my TE is 65 (Bohanon, whoever that is).

On defense my good players are Watt (78), M.Peters (77) and K. Neal (75)

Any tips on people I should look to buy/sell or whatever.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Yeah you got your bonus and you'll get more packs each week.

This is my bible:

http://www.mutrank.com/

Can easily find the best type of player for you and for the price.

Best thing to do now is to try and limit the coins you spend for at least a couple of weeks (although until just after the season starts would be best) as better cards will be released which drives down the price of everything else.

Browning
27-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Bought the starter pack for 50 coins which promised 1 gold player and got 3- Ted Ginn, J.Pugh and Z.Kerr. Pugh is my best player.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Ginn :cool:

Browning
27-08-2016, 06:35 PM
I just got the Pro Baldwin you have. I also went to the auctions to buy myself a QB as I've never even heard of Mannion and he was so shit. I bought Flynn (still fairly shit but a 10 point upgrade) and the cost of buying him was instantly replenished because he upgraded my team and unlocked an achievement, so I guess it's ok. I since got the "still shit but not quite as bad as Mannion" D.Thompson and S.Hill in packs, so guess I could sell Flynn if I wanted to, but I'll run with him for now.

WR core of Baldwin, Hopkins and Ginn is :drool:

Edit- What do the items in the Item Binder do? "Add to set" confuses me....

Also what's all this stuff about "Contracts".

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Items in the item binder are all your players, jerseys, playbooks, etc etc. Max is 1200 which doesn't seem like much now but in 2 months you'll have so much in your binder.

The add to set thing are collectibles and players who can be added to sets to unlock various things. Go to the set menu and you can see what is required to complete a set and the rewards you can get. Only add stuff when you can complete a set or add shit that you're never going to use or sell.

Also, try to keep hold of any gold players. In a good few months they will add positional heroes sets. To do those sets you'll need X amount from a position, some of those will be a fairly rare gold or rare low level elite who will see a price increase of a shit load.

There were some golds that were going for a few thousand last year pre-positional sets. I was able to sell some of those for a hundred thousand or so.

Browning
27-08-2016, 07:33 PM
So what happens if a player runs out of games on his contract? Do I lose him? And will the game alert me and let me offer him more? I have loads saved up but not sure when to use them. I'm also not sure what constitutes a "game". Surely these short challenges don't? Is it just games Vs other people?

Also, will there be more "objectives" later?

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Oh I forgot about the contracts thing.

Everything counts against contracts, even those little challenges. When you run out of contracts you just need to add more, if you don't have any you'll just have to bench them but contracts can be bought for a small amount of coins.

Yes, objectives are usually once a week or so.

Browning
27-08-2016, 10:09 PM
I sold Flynn and made a small profit, so I've essentially spent no coins at all now.

Saving for the night as I have a fantasy draft in half an hour. Team has improved a fair bit though:

QB: Winston (78)
WRs- Baldwin (85), Hopkins (77), Ginn (74)
RB- Crowell (68)
TE- Daniels (77)
OL- 70, 83 (Pugh), 67, 71 and 69.

Defense isn't much improved though:
FS- 70
RE- 63
MLB- 61
MLB- 69
SS- 75 (Neal)
CB- 77 (Peters), 69 and 63
RE- 78 (Watt)
DT- 72 (Kerr) and 69
LE- 67

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-08-2016, 10:20 PM
If that 67 LE is DaQuan Jones you're fine there. He's the 16th best 3-4 LE in the game right now.

Although there are options who are better than him for the same price. It's because most players use a 4-3 which means there are a lot of awesome budget options for 3-4 players who can't play in a 4-3 system.

At the moment I'm just using as many Ravens defenders as possible (Jernigan, Kaufusi, Williams, Correa, Mosley (although he's one of the best MLB's to user), Za'Darius Smith, Webb and Tavon Young) but I'll soon be piling in with the budget monsters.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-08-2016, 12:24 AM
Decided to assemble a much more complete squad:

http://i.imgur.com/is9pJG9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A6bYQDZ.jpg

The second MLB is Deone Buchanon.

Yet to play a game with them but on paper it looks awesome, easily the best I was able to assemble with the coins I had.

wullie
30-08-2016, 09:25 AM
I only do career/franchise modes with sport games so this has improved a little as there's an option to just play big moments, like a Redzone mode that cuts in to let you play third downs, drills and redzone chances. Playing full seasons on full length was a slog before, particularly when you've got the game won by the fourth quarter.

The commentary is so much better already, and I've only played two games. Seems more natural.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Yeah, that moments thing is great and works really well.

Gray Fox
30-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Is this years game better than last year?

Browning
30-08-2016, 12:22 PM
I assume it's not a good idea to spend 35,000 on one of those limited edition pack things?

I'm currently doing the "Full season" challenges to unlock players I wanted. Did the first 4 Chiefs matches to get C.West as my new RB. Was tempting to carry on to get Fisher but will likely earn to LBs first.

Wish there were more objectives already, I liked those.

wullie
30-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Re: commentary, I noticed it downloading some kind of update but it looks like they're going to keep doing that as they're adding in the commentators referencing Kaepernick's anthem protest. This is the most impressed I've been with EA's efforts since the PS2 version read the system clock and the comms wished you Merry Christmas.

Browning
30-08-2016, 03:52 PM
So I've got the limited edition Von Miller that I can only use in 10 games but I stupidly did "Best Line Up" and it put him in for a throw away challenge. Piss take if that counts. I can't even remember who played there though. Is there a way to do "Best line up" but exclude him?

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-08-2016, 04:28 PM
No, you'd have to replace him manually and yes the throwaway challenge will count.

He's not that good anyway tbh.

Browning
30-08-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm not that fussed about him but don't want to waste him on easy challenges. Where I I see how many games he has left? I want to make sure it was just the one I wasted.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Got a rare puzzle piece from solos that goes for 36k (just under 33k after tax) :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-08-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm not that fussed about him but don't want to waste him on easy challenges. Where I I see how many games he has left? I want to make sure it was just the one I wasted.

By how many contracts he has. Just tap X (xbox equivalent) on his name hit R1 and it should be listed how many he has left.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Decided to add Justin Houston to my team with him playing out of position at ROLB.

I've also finally beaten all the MUT puzzle solos having tried the last, All-Madden one about 10 times. 91 Josh Norman for 20 games :drool:

Browning
02-09-2016, 09:47 PM
I feel like the contract system is such a scam. 2000 coins for 100 contracts which is what, 4 games for all players? How do you avoid wasting all your coins on them? The 25 packs I earn now and then are basically fuck all.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Now it might seem like a bit of a shit deal but it will be fine when the season comes into play.

There will be more solos, more challenges which give coins and/or contracts, you'll get more free packs with contracts in them etc etc. They also do a few double coins for H2H matches (the only real time I play them) and half price contract weekends during the season.

Browning
02-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Hmm fair enough. Hopefully it'll get better then.

Update on my line up:
QB- Winston (78)
RB- West (72)
FB- D.Johnson (71)
WRs- Baldwin (85), Hopkins (77) and Ginn (74)
OL- Fisher (73), Pugh (83), Person (67), Ifedi (71) and Stingly (69)
TE- Daniels (77) also have Watson (76)

Defense:
FS- Wright (70)
ROLB- P.Smith (72)
MLB- Minter (72) and P.Brown (72)
LOLB- Klein (69)
SS- Neal (75)
CBs- Peters (77), Alexander (70) and Harris (69)
RE- Watt (78)
LE- Paea (73)
DT- Marks (76) and Kerr (72)

Browning
02-09-2016, 11:32 PM
Why are some players "Not auctionable" despite not being in the line up? I really want to get rid of some crap but certain players it won't me. I've even put them in the line up just so I can use the "Remove from lineup" option, but nope... can't be sold or traded? Nothing special about them either, one if fucking Leonard Hankerson...

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-09-2016, 11:43 PM
You got them from special packs or something similar, if you don't need them add them to a set (if they can be added) or discard it.

Browning
03-09-2016, 12:28 AM
Fair enough, I added them to sets.

Any advice on what I should look to buy. I bought myself a new C as there seemingly aren't any available through challenges until late on so I have an 81 there now. Going to unlock Eli Apple through challenges when I play tomorrow to strengthen that 3rd CB slot too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-09-2016, 01:04 AM
I'd buy Shazier when you can and learn to user him on defence. It gets a lot easier if you can get skilled at that. You can produce so many more interceptions.

Browning
05-09-2016, 11:41 PM
What's the best thing to do when you get a duplicate gold? Sell it, I assume?

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Generally sell it, unless it's a rare gold which might be used in a set later on.

Post the name and I can tell you if it's worth selling now or holding off until later.

Browning
06-09-2016, 04:54 AM
It's a DT from the Jags, S.Marks I think.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-09-2016, 12:06 PM
He'll probably be in the positional set later in the year but he's not rare, you can sell now.

Browning
06-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Literally just realised they sell a gold kicker and punter for 25 a pop on the store. There are people trying to sell the same players for 3000. Tell me no one is that stupid?

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Some are.

Also, icing the kicker is so fucking stupid. It doesn't work in real life yet EA decide to make it almost impossible to kick a field goal/PAT after being iced.

I'm playing a franchise game with the Ravens against the Raiders. 13-13, after I just scored. Line up for a PAT, get iced and the kick gets blocked.

In OT we get a quick turnover, a few plays later I go for a FG having failed to score a TD. Tucker gets iced once again and the kick is blocked yet again.

:moop:

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Andddddddddddddddddddd we have our first elite RG3 of the year:

http://www.muthead.com/17/players/16075-robert-griffin-iii

Edit: Bought the 88 Brady for 68k due to RG3 being released. Probably could have gotten it cheaper but fuck it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Spent some time selling binder shit and upgrading my team:

http://i.imgur.com/7sad1vc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EXVlbNr.png

Brady is fucking brilliant and Deangelo is super quick and agile.

Also, just spotted the Edelman. It's actually his gold version.

Fuck all coins right now but my goal will be to replace Demaryius Thomas with possibly AJ Green, Baldwin with Fitz and Edelman with Beckham or legends Harrison in a few weeks.

Browning
13-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Jesus. I still only have one elite player. :(

Kind of running out of steam with the mode though. I'm not good enough at the game to just ace all the challenges and repeating any is a massive drain on contracts. That and the fact they haven't added any new objectives or whatever is a bit lame. Hopefully it picks up soon. I was tempted to but the pack that's on offer right now but 35,000 seems way too steep for 3 golds, especially when 3 Pro packs wouldn't cost that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Never spend coins on packs.

You may get lucky but the likelihood is that you'll get fuck all and lose most of your money.

Browning
13-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Yea, I figured it wasn't worth the risk.

My free pro pack today yielded a gold CB so I finally have 3 of those. My whole team is gold (plus Baldwin) except FB and I think SS but Major Wright is a bit of a don there.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Yeah you don't need the top ranked guy there.

Like I use Shazier and Buchanon at MLB as they're perfect for me. I user Shazier and I like Buchanon because bar legends Ray Nitschke and Luke Kuechly he's the best in coverage at MLB. Poe is the best nose tackle bar his new upgraded signature one.

That site really is incredible as it lets you plan what you want from each position. Really good when you're building a team on a budget too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-09-2016, 12:32 AM
Oh and if you can try and do the gauntlet games.

I started a few days ago and have finished defense (the last one is a bitch but there's a trick to it) and should have rushing done tomorrow.

The defense unlocks a 92 Suh for 30 games, rushing a 92 AP for 30 games and the passing is a 92 DeAndre Hopkins for 30 games.

Browning
14-09-2016, 12:06 PM
While those do sound good, I feel like it's a bit of a con when they do "Limited usage" players.

How does Draft Champions work and will I get anything useful for it? I'm considering giving it a go.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-09-2016, 12:23 PM
While those do sound good, I feel like it's a bit of a con when they do "Limited usage" players.

How does Draft Champions work and will I get anything useful for it? I'm considering giving it a go.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware this is the first time they've done limited use player rewards. They're such a shit idea.

With draft champions you get a shitty base team (like all silvers) and then you have 15 draft rounds. In those rounds they give you 3 players to choose from, with the last round always being a choice of 3 really great players.

The rewards are coins and draft champions badges. Right now there aren't any sets that I'm aware of but there will be. Like 200-250 badges for an elite player plus after a while they'll declare the draft champion season over and based on how many games you've played and won you'll get extra rewards.

They're also doing special Friday night draft champion events, where you get the regular rewards as well as special FNDbadges.

6 Elite FND Badges → 1 Elite Friday Night Hero
1 Elite FND Badge → 1 Elite Friday Night Hero (No auction/trade)
3 Gold FND Badges → 1 Gold Friday Night Hero
5 Gold FND Badges → 1 Elite FND Badge

The elites are 90 OBJ, 89 Geno, 87 Ansah, 87 Gilbert, 86 Freeman, 86 Barr, 85 McDonald and 85 Carr. Plus a load of golds.

3 solo wins gets you a gold badge, 4 H2H wins gets you a gold and 6 DC ranked wins gets you an elite.

Browning
14-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Is it all matches against other people, or are there other things you can do once you draft your team?

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Matches against others in the H2H and ranked ones (which use those tickets).

Solos are against the AI and still a full match.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Free 85 Antonio Brown this week. Here's the first thing he did for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=583K-MnNLQM

So close :(

wullie
14-09-2016, 07:15 PM
All the colour rush kits patched in already. EA on the ball

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-09-2016, 09:26 PM
http://www.muthead.com/17/players/28003-chris-conley

Chris Conley is fucking amazing.

I just picked him up for 5k and in 3 passes he's scored twice. He absolutely flies past defenders, has good catch in traffic and has the trait for sideline catches.

Browning pick him up. He's incredible at that price.

I also bought Fitz for 31k and I've yet to pass to him because Conley keeps flying down the touchline open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WkG_C5cKOg

So good.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-09-2016, 10:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HNhmA1pub0p

He's nuts.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Ricky Williams and Mike Singletary the legends this week.

I'll have to pick them both up when they're cheap.

Pleb
17-09-2016, 05:40 PM
I just got 17 today.

May have to give UT a bash :sherlock: Any tips?

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-09-2016, 04:00 PM
For computer challenges it's a fucking grind. To get it over quickly, put the clock acceleration on the lowest setting (like 10 seconds or something so it chews it all the way down) and keep running short run plays. Do whatever you want on defence (I run zone constantly because I see what's happening more and nothing big will go past me but some do punt block man but it's never worked for me).

Against real people, mix it up a lot and pray the dickheads aren't using the cheesy as fuck aggressive catch (not sure if it's still in play here but in 16 it was mental) or nano blitzes (although if you know it's coming you can get huge plays off).

In terms of the market it's much like FUT obviously. I haven't played it in a while so don't know what giveaways/promos they do but in MUT they do a fucking shit load. Some are clear attempts by EA to grab money but some are great even for F2P guys.

Coin ups are good on Madden as you just need to play two games each week and you get to bet (for free) on the winner of a selected match and one of 4 outcomes (I remember winning like 100k one weekend because of a defensive TD). It's advisable not to do many sets right now because the market will be fucking shit, it's probably for the best not to do any of the quick sell sets throughout the year but I'm a bit addicted to them.

Muthead is good for checking prices of things as well and there are a shit ton of videos helping with offensive and defensive strategies. Mutrank is good for giving a complete breakdown on the best players for each position by adding up the total of all the relevant stats too.

With the offence you can be pretty loose I feel but with the defence you should choose either a 4-3 or 3-4 defence and stick to it. Get a playbook you like based on that system (Google will help if you don't know which teams run which system). Also in MUT it's advisable to user a MLB (a quick one) as you can get a lot of cheap picks if you do it well and you will have a greater impact on the game. Running someone on the defensive line, whilst it's nice to pick up sacks, there isn't a huge drop off from a great user to the AI. I personally became a fan of usering a safety last year as I had Woodson and then later Reed who were both fucking insane.

One more thing about the market.

Sell now, buy later.

If you think FUT is bad for copies of players just wait until you see MUT. RG3 for instance started with a 77 overall rated card last year, he didn't play once but ended the year with a 97. Thanks to the combine, flashbacks and movers programs.

Von Miller already has 4 versions although one is a starter that can't be sold, as well as a limited challenge version.

Yeah you got your bonus and you'll get more packs each week.

This is my bible:

Can easily find the best type of player for you and for the price.

Best thing to do now is to try and limit the coins you spend for at least a couple of weeks (although until just after the season starts would be best) as better cards will be released which drives down the price of everything else.

Items in the item binder are all your players, jerseys, playbooks, etc etc. Max is 1200 which doesn't seem like much now but in 2 months you'll have so much in your binder.

The add to set thing are collectibles and players who can be added to sets to unlock various things. Go to the set menu and you can see what is required to complete a set and the rewards you can get. Only add stuff when you can complete a set or add shit that you're never going to use or sell.

Also, try to keep hold of any gold players. In a good few months they will add positional heroes sets. To do those sets you'll need X amount from a position, some of those will be a fairly rare gold or rare low level elite who will see a price increase of a shit load.

There were some golds that were going for a few thousand last year pre-positional sets. I was able to sell some of those for a hundred thousand or so.

Oh I forgot about the contracts thing.

Everything counts against contracts, even those little challenges. When you run out of contracts you just need to add more, if you don't have any you'll just have to bench them but contracts can be bought for a small amount of coins.

Yes, objectives are usually once a week or so.

Now it might seem like a bit of a shit deal but it will be fine when the season comes into play.

There will be more solos, more challenges which give coins and/or contracts, you'll get more free packs with contracts in them etc etc. They also do a few double coins for H2H matches (the only real time I play them) and half price contract weekends during the season.

I'd buy Shazier when you can and learn to user him on defence. It gets a lot easier if you can get skilled at that. You can produce so many more interceptions.

Never spend coins on packs.

You may get lucky but the likelihood is that you'll get fuck all and lose most of your money.

Yeah you don't need the top ranked guy there.

Like I use Shazier and Buchanon at MLB as they're perfect for me. I user Shazier and I like Buchanon because bar legends Ray Nitschke and Luke Kuechly he's the best in coverage at MLB. Poe is the best nose tackle bar his new upgraded signature one.

That site really is incredible as it lets you plan what you want from each position. Really good when you're building a team on a budget too.

Oh and if you can try and do the gauntlet games.

I started a few days ago and have finished defense (the last one is a bitch but there's a trick to it) and should have rushing done tomorrow.

The defense unlocks a 92 Suh for 30 games, rushing a 92 AP for 30 games and the passing is a 92 DeAndre Hopkins for 30 games.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware this is the first time they've done limited use player rewards. They're such a shit idea.

With draft champions you get a shitty base team (like all silvers) and then you have 15 draft rounds. In those rounds they give you 3 players to choose from, with the last round always being a choice of 3 really great players.

The rewards are coins and draft champions badges. Right now there aren't any sets that I'm aware of but there will be. Like 200-250 badges for an elite player plus after a while they'll declare the draft champion season over and based on how many games you've played and won you'll get extra rewards.

They're also doing special Friday night draft champion events, where you get the regular rewards as well as special FNDbadges.

6 Elite FND Badges → 1 Elite Friday Night Hero
1 Elite FND Badge → 1 Elite Friday Night Hero (No auction/trade)
3 Gold FND Badges → 1 Gold Friday Night Hero
5 Gold FND Badges → 1 Elite FND Badge

The elites are 90 OBJ, 89 Geno, 87 Ansah, 87 Gilbert, 86 Freeman, 86 Barr, 85 McDonald and 85 Carr. Plus a load of golds.

3 solo wins gets you a gold badge, 4 H2H wins gets you a gold and 6 DC ranked wins gets you an elite.

I just got 17 today.

May have to give UT a bash :sherlock: Any tips?
Read all of the above, that's pretty much it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Oh and I forgot about this.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/mut-rewards

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-09-2016, 09:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4yRa9DOfuo

My word.

Browning
16-10-2016, 03:32 PM
The BCA players are pretty decent. Tedd Ginn and Teddy both become starters for me (Ginn replacing himself but moving from WR3 to WR2) and a few of the OL players and the FB start too. I may well trade them all for an Elite if the chance arises through the sets, but for now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Yeah BCAs are always quite nice.

Last year though they were better as they all had at least 95 strength or something. The BCA Fitz was a fucking monster, he'd catch everything.

Dan
16-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Madden servers are down at the minute, which means I can't play my franchise. Think I'll be going back to offline saves now, thanks EA :panda:

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Madden servers are down at the minute, which means I can't play my franchise. Think I'll be going back to offline saves now, thanks EA :panda:
Yeah I learnt that the hard way last year.

Fuck them and their 'recommended' cloud saves.

Browning
17-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Completed the BCA challenges and got my Elite Aaron Rodgers. :drool:

Now to turn 10 golds into an Elite.... please don't be another QB.

88 Larry Fitz. :drool:

The final challenge was quite lucky. Needing to beat the Seahawks by 13 points plus. I settled for a FG on my first drive but managed to return a fumble for a TD and a 10-0 lead. We traded Field Goals after that for 13-3 but the Seahawks had the ball with not much time left. Somehow though Wilson fumbled again and a heroic recovery gave us the ball back. After that it was just a case of running enough time off the clock and kicking the FG as the clock expired to win by exactly 13. Fairly sure I could have got the TD but wasn't worth it. I'd had 2-3 attempts before that but quit early after turning the ball over or whatever, just got super lucky with those fumbles.

My favorite along the way was one where all you had to do with kick a 30 yard FG to pass. I managed to throw a pick giving them the ball. I deliberately pulled defenders out of position to try and let them score fast as it didn't matter, but somehow still held them to a FG. I got the ball back and connected with Ginn downfield, sent out the kicker.... and only then realised it was a 27 yard attempt. :D I called my final time out to change the play and tried to run backwards and out of bounds but got tackled in bounds and was just about to get the kick off with 1 second remaining. :drool:

Browning
17-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Now that he's aware of Breast Cancer, Ted Ginn is a stud. Stats wise he's my WR3 but he's normally the first guy I look for.

Browning
18-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Just earned a pack and got my first Elite defensive player... an 85 Malcolm Jenkins which replaces the last remaining Silver in my line up.

Line Up now:

QB- Elite Aaron Rodgers (85)
RB- Gold BCA DeAngelo Williams (84)
WRs- Elite BCA Larry Fitz (Boosted to 89), Elite Doug Baldwin (85), Gold BCA Ted Ginn (80)
FB- Gold BCA Felton (Boosted to 79)
OL- All Gold- B.Albert (75), J.Pugh (83), J.Berger (81), A.Marpet (BCA, Boosted to 82), M.Moses (BCA Boosted to 83)
TE- Gold Owen Daniels (77)

Defense:
FS- Elite M.Jenkins (85)
All others players are Gold
ROLB- D.Skuta (75)
MBL- D.Jackson (76), B.McKinney (75)
LOLB- D.Morgan (76)
SS- K.Neal (75)
CB- M.Peters (77), B.Flowers (75), E.Apple (72)
RE- JJ Watt (78)
LE- K.Ealy (75)
DT- K.Williams (79), S.Marks (76)

Giggles
18-10-2016, 08:36 PM
I've never played it, but how is JJ Watt 78 (or anything under 90)?

Browning
18-10-2016, 08:44 PM
I've never played it, but how is JJ Watt 78 (or anything under 90)?

He's only the gold version of him, I'm sure the Elite version is much higher.

Giggles
18-10-2016, 08:47 PM
He's only the gold version of him, I'm sure the Elite version is much higher.

Ah right. I didn't know there were versions of players. All this stuff is why I stopped at PS2.

Browning
18-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Only in Ultimate Team mode. I'm not sure what his rating is in the regular game but I'd be shocked if it's not in the 90s.

Just got an 81 ROLB (M.Ingram) in a pack so he comes in. Good reward for torching the Ravens.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Only in Ultimate Team mode. I'm not sure what his rating is in the regular game but I'd be shocked if it's not in the 90s.

Just got an 81 ROLB (M.Ingram) in a pack so he comes in. Good reward for torching the Ravens.

98 or something I believe in career mode, maybe even 99 I can't remember.

Browning
19-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Just got my first ever all pro pack, Golds were:

Demar Dotson (76), Panthers Alternate Uniform (that better not count...), Michael Floyd (80), Kendall Wright (77), Packers 1960s Throwback.

Do Gold Jerseys actually matter? I'm assuming not.

Doesn't do much for me. Dotson isn't as good as who I have there and Floyd is only as good as my WR3. Meh.

Another All Pro Pack gives me:

Sharrif Floyd (80) Leonard Williams (79), Justin Forsett (77)

So close to a legends pack, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. :drool:

Does it matter if I put in players who are 4-3 or 3-4? I can play Williams at LE instead of RE as I have JJ Watt there... but it says he's 3-4 and it's crossed out. Not sure that matters.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2016, 10:52 PM
It just means that he wont contribute to a 3-4 chemistry stat (I think for base defence chemistry you need 5 or 6 players but for specialist ones you only need 2). Williams will also lose some points from awareness and play rec (I believe, can't quite remember though).

Generally it doesn't matter though, it will later as the chemistry boosts are really nice and they're also new for this year. For now just plug and play wherever.

Gold uniforms just are rarer (and they count as a rare in packs) and look better/worse. Some are worth decent coins though.

Browning
19-10-2016, 11:03 PM
They didn't seem to count for me as I got 3 gold players and 2 gold uniforms in each pack i think, but oh well.

I've plugged Williams in as his stats pissed all over Ealy's.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2016, 11:07 PM
What defence are you playing anyway? 3-4 or 4-3? If you don't know tell me what playbook you have equipped.

The stats might be better but Ealy is a 4-3 DE whilst Williams (like his chemistry suggests) is a 3-4 end.

Browning
19-10-2016, 11:14 PM
Cardinals Defense.

So I'm guessing that's 3-4, but both my DTs have 4-3 chemistry on them. Is that an issue then? Surely a DT is a DT....

What's confusing me is I thought 3-4 was 2 MLBs and 1 DT... but the set up has 2 DTs and 1 MLB slot, and the other MLBs file in behind Jackson who is my best one. To be honest I'm completely at a loss with it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2016, 11:49 PM
Yeah it's 3-4.

In a 4-3 system one DT is usually a bit slimmer, fast and will pressure the QB so someone like Aaron Donald.

The second DT is also someone who could be used in a 3-4 system (and he'd be called a nose tackle), that DT is a huge guy who is strong as fuck as well as fat as fuck. His job is to draw two blockers, stop runs and just be a fucking pain in the arse. Think Vince Wilfork or Dontari Poe.

Playing a 4-3 DT at nose tackle in a 3-4 is a bad idea. He'll draw double blocks from the center and a guard and get dominated on the line which doesn't help anyone else. You need a fattie in there to fill holes up.

Yeah, that is balls because in MUT it wont let you change that as your default thing as they expect most to use a 4-3 system. If you use a 3-4 playbook (which you are) it will use MLB 1 and 2 as well as DT 1 (there will be some plays in the playbook which aren't standard 3-4 which will see a backup safety at MLB or the extra DT in though).

I usually use DT 2 as someone who is cheap but is a chemistry carrier so he helps boost the whole team.

Also, going back to 3-4/4-3. The DE's are there to stop the run and try to help pass rushers so again have to be a bit chunkier, Watt is actually pretty thin for a 3-4 but the guy's stats are so amazing that they work well in either system. In a 4-3 the ends are pass rushers.

OLB's in a 3-4 are the pass rushers so people like Suggs, Ware, Dumervil, Miller etc are the top dogs. In a 4-3 the OLB's provide pass support so need to be able to cover in man and zone.

Watt and Williams are 3-4 guys, your DT's are not look at the cheaper Poe or Brandon Williams. Your OLB's whilst they're 4-3 guys they can work in a 3-4 but you'll need to upgrade them.

Madden (especially MUT) doesn't do a good job of explaining the differences between the two schemes and what you need to look for. The chemistry system they've put in place this year helps but it's still not great.

Browning
20-10-2016, 12:05 AM
I got a better ROLB after that post, but not sure if you saw that.

I have about 80k in coins, what should I look for?

I guess I could change to a 4-3 playbook of that suits my players better?

wullie
20-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Yeah I learnt that the hard way last year.

Fuck them and their 'recommended' cloud saves.

Having just moved into a new house that isn't even on BT Openreach's radar yet, I've definitely learned my lesson.

Browning
20-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Legends Pack gives me: Ryan Wendell (75 RG), DeMarco Murray (80 RB), Joel Bitonio (75 LG), Greg Olsen (Elite, 86 TE), Collectible R.Williams (what?), a gold helmet (what?), a gold Fitzpatrick (already had him) and Karl Joseph (75 SS). Not great.... but Olsen :drool:

Browning
20-10-2016, 10:19 PM
My god I love Ted Ginn :drool:

Final passing challenge for an "Elite pack" was get 600 passing yards before they get 300 total yards. I just passed every play and did an onside kick every kick off to limit them to about 35 yards if they scored so completed it with ease. Ginn caught 9 balls for 249 yards and 2 TDs. :drool: 119 of that was RAC. Next highest was Baldwin with 143 and Larry Fitz had a pathetic 78.

Pack gave me an 85 Sean Smith (CB).

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Sean Smith is brilliant.

Browning
20-10-2016, 10:29 PM
What's this "They're Coming" shit?

Final pack of the night (All Pro) yields William Gay (78), another Kendall Wright (I must have 3 or 4 now...) a gold Face Mask and Alex Smith.... bit meh.

Are there any sets I should be looking to fill with all my spare golds? I assume there's nothing that great I can do with them.

Browning
22-10-2016, 12:48 AM
Just earned a pack and got my first Elite defensive player... an 85 Malcolm Jenkins which replaces the last remaining Silver in my line up.

Line Up now:

QB- Elite Aaron Rodgers (85)
RB- Gold BCA DeAngelo Williams (84)
WRs- Elite BCA Larry Fitz (Boosted to 89), Elite Doug Baldwin (85), Elite Jordy Nelson (85)
FB- Gold BCA Felton (Boosted to 79)
OL- All Gold- B.Albert (75), J.Pugh (83), J.Berger (81), A.Marpet (BCA, Boosted to 82), M.Moses (BCA Boosted to 83)
TE- Elite Greg Olsen (86)

Defense:
FS- Elite M.Jenkins (85)
All others players are Gold
ROLB- J.Harrison (79)
MBL- D.Jackson (76), B.McKinney (75)
LOLB- M.Ingram- 80
SS- K.Vaccaro (81)
CB- Elite Sean Smith (85), M.Peters (77), W.Gay (78)
RE- JJ Watt (78)
LE- L.Williams (78)
DT- S.Floyd (80) K.Williams (79)

Completed the rushing gauntlet. Changes to the lineup bolded.

Gray Fox
22-10-2016, 10:06 AM
That's a hell of a set of offensive weapons.

Browning
23-10-2016, 12:27 AM
I've nearly beaten the first set of Halloween challenges but the Colts one was so difficult. 4 points down with 2:40 to play and them having the ball on your 2. Basically if they get in it's over. I had one where I took them to OT but could only get a FG and they got a TD. I had another where I got a TD and went for 2 to take the lead... got it, and first play Luck hit Hilton for an 80 yarder and they got the 2. Even with just 30 seconds to go I scored again but missed the 2 and lost. I stuck with the going for 2 strategy and finally got it when I scored, added 2 and then luck threw a pick. I still had to punt it to them but the time ran out on the return.

Highlight of this set was a challenge where you're 10-0 down to the Giants with something like 3:50 to play and I went 14-10 up with 3:35 to play. :D

Browning
23-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Managed to get the Elite Urlacher that's on offer for the Halloween challenges. :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Try and stock up on some most feared players (even if they're gold) because they get boosted stats and grow to almost 8 foot or something for a few days near halloween.

Browning
23-10-2016, 11:04 PM
From what I've read only the proper elite ones (forget the exact name, but seemingly they're even better than the standard elite ones) that actually grow, haha, but I'd like to see that.

Those stupid treat cards are shit though. I had to spend 5 on a Gold as I couldn't get the chemistry high enough to unlock tier 2, no idea how you're meant to get 65 for an elite player though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-10-2016, 11:07 PM
Golds grow too (they did in previous versions) but not as big and it looks mental. I'm not a fan of them in the secondary as they play a bit clumsy, as an offensive line it's amazing.

There will also be more solos with even larger players, Brian Dawkins usually gets a card which grows to close to 9 foot in solos.

Packs mainly.

Browning
24-10-2016, 03:46 PM
I've put all my Gold and my one Elite MF players into my lineup and put on the MF Jersey but I'm still 3 slots short of enough chemistry to unlock the final tier challenges....

Never mind, not sure if it was a waste, but I went to the auction house and bought 3 new players. All 3 were good enough to come in as starters though. S.Thompson comes in at LOLB, K.Neal at SS (I had him there previously but this version is better) and J.Ramsey at CB.

Browning
24-10-2016, 11:11 PM
So I've finished the Most Feared Challenges and got 44 treats. Tempted to trade 35 of them for an Elite player as I can't see where I get an extra 21 for a "Freak of Nature".

I'm also tempted to trade 10 golds for an Elite but most of my golds are my best players currently. Tough decisions.

For fuck sake. I did both. Traded 35 treats in and then bought a couple of golds as cheap as possible so I could keep the ones that were starters and traded in 10 golds for another Elite. Guess what? Same fucking player.

It's an 89 OVR M.Dareus. I see him on the auction block for probably an average of 135,000 or so but the only one with a bid on at the moment is about 90,000. What do you think Mahow ? Should I be looking to sell the spare, or maybe trade it? Not quite sure how trading works, but I assume I can put him up and if I don't get any good offers I don't have to take them?

At least he should fix my DT issues...

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-10-2016, 06:16 AM
Sell the spare, the price will only get lower.

Browning
25-10-2016, 08:09 AM
According to that website he's the best 4-3 DT in the game and the 2nd best 3-4, so I can't complain. Here's hoping I can sell the spare for a decent amount. However, I rarely ever seem to spend coins. I really should re-invest the money into another Elite player at least.

I've listed him starting at 130k which is probably the lower end of average. Hopefully he'd fetch a little more but the only 2 I've seen with bids on were 90k and 120k, no idea what the 90k went for in the end. It's only a 12 hour auction so should end roughly when I get a chance to play this evening. Hopefully he sells.

Browning
25-10-2016, 09:53 AM
I tried to pick up some cheap BCA players to max out the chemistry for that but I'm still 2 off and don't really seem to have many cheap options left that would play in my team. I bought in an Elite LT and a Gold CB which boosted it, as well as shelling out for an Elite Lamar Miller because I'm sick of having awful RBs, but I'm still 2 players off max chemistry. Seems my best option would be to buy the cheap Gold C (who would be a downgrade but not a big one) and maybe Golden Tate but he would set me back about 25,000 and probably not be an upgrade on Jordy. Is the benefit going to be worth it?

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Opened one of those MF TOTW packs and got a TOTW Deone Buchanon.

I was still using his gold and he's a cover linebacker so he slots in nicely with my color rush Mosley.

Browning
25-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Dareus went for 130k. Was hoping for more but oh well.

Maxing out the BCA chemistry isn't worth it. It adds one point to all of my OL but I lost 3 points from my C putting him in and have to lose 5 from WR to max it out. I bought a cheap BCA DT but for some reason he doesn't work even if I put him in at DT1. Oh well. At least I don't need to worry about that.

Did you buy the TOTW pack? I was looking at it but assumed I should still never buy packs.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Dareus went for 130k. Was hoping for more but oh well.

Maxing out the BCA chemistry isn't worth it. It adds one point to all of my OL but I lost 3 points from my C putting him in and have to lose 5 from WR to max it out. I bought a cheap BCA DT but for some reason he doesn't work even if I put him in at DT1. Oh well. At least I don't need to worry about that.

Did you buy the TOTW pack? I was looking at it but assumed I should still never buy packs.
I bought one with points as I had some money in my PS wallet.

Browning
26-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Almost done the defensive gauntlet for October, just one to go which is shut out the CPU for an entire game. That will be tough as hell but my plan is just to run as much clock as I can when I have the ball and then turnover on downs near the goal line. Shitting out a 0-0. :D

The previous one, force an INT within 3 plays was a real bitch. When I finally got it there was a flag on the play. I expected it was "roughing the passer" as I had twatted him from behind as he threw the ball, but it was "Illegal Forward Pass". Of course I declined the penalty, but it didn't say I had passed the challenge. I was fuming. Ran one play and then it said I was successful. That was the 2nd play of the game, not the 3rd, so it wasn't waiting for 3 plays. Confusing, but oh well.

Browning
26-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Which "Beast" have you chosen Mahow ? I've gone for Collins as it was the only position I need an Elite for. I hope he comes with MF Chemistry though as my current SS has it and I need to keep it if possible.

Bit annoyed they've given away free Urlacher after the work I put in to get him.

How do I unlock those "Enraged" challenges? I'm guessing I have to wait until Halloween weekend, when presumably the MF players will become enraged? But if that's not true then I doubt I can do it as seemingly the only Enraged player available at the moment is Urlacher.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-10-2016, 10:48 PM
In addition to today's major Beasts of the Gridiron updates, there is a new 10-game solo challenge sequence. You will need the Enraged chemistry on at least one player in your lineup to unlock it which you can get from Brian Urlacher or by upgrading your Beast of the Gridiron to his 86 OVR version. If you complete it, you get 40,000 coins, Most Feared related packs, and the Elite Food collectible you need for unlocking the 89 OVR version of your beast.

Muthead usually has the information for everything.

I'll be getting Collins as he's an upgrade on the 85 Burnett.

Suh is a 4-3 DT and I have 83 Poe who is the second best nose tackle right now only behind his 87 version (although I'll pick him up soon) and I have 88 Brady who is a better passer than Jameis.

Browning
26-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Ah right, I just need to get him to his 86 OVR version then as I'm never gonna get that Urlacher.

I got him to his Gold version today and I'm assuming it's 2 more days worth of challenges for the 86.

Trolled the fuck out of the Bengals on that final defensive gauntlet challenge. After they went 3 and out I just bled the clock for the entire first half, scoring a TD at the end to make sure they wouldn't kick a FG if I failed to bleed all of the 2nd half out. In the 2nd half I turned over on downs on purpose to pin them back at their own 4 yard line with 17 seconds to go after pissing away all the time. Their one play was an INT. Easy.

My Elite Player reward is a LT which I don't need as I already have a better one, but during the Gauntlet I got myself an 86 OVR M.Wilkerson which is nice.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Mo :cool:

He's always the best 3-4 LE in MUT and right now the 86 is the best bar his 88 version.

Browning
27-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Can I replay challenges to do the feast ones? Not sure where else I can get 400 passing yards as most are short.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-10-2016, 07:57 PM
Yeah, should be able to.

You won't get completion rewards for beating the challenge again ofc.

Do full games and run some HB screens for the yards.

Browning
28-10-2016, 08:56 PM
I've got my Elite Collins, but I'm not convinced I'll be able to do that final All Madden challenge. Maybe if it proves ridiculously hard, the Most Feared boosts may help over Halloween Weekend. We'll see.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-10-2016, 09:17 PM
http://www.muthead.com/17/players/28044-brandon-williams

:drool:

I cannot fucking wait to get this later tonight.

Browning
28-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Yea no chance I'm getting the final Collins. I can't even do the 2nd challenge.

Browning
29-10-2016, 11:27 PM
I've managed to get through 5 of the 10 challenges but it's been such an epic struggle, I doubt I'll ever have a shot at that last one if I get there. The amount of drops I get is absolutely insane, only thing worse is the amount of times the pass rush gets to me half a second after the ball is snapped and forces an incompletion. I invested 60k in my OL but it hasn't really helped. Oh well.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-10-2016, 11:28 PM
I got a Randy Moss collectible from the legends games this week. Put it up for 250 no buyout, just checked and it's going for around 120k.

I'll probably only get like 50k.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-10-2016, 11:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/q9gv5Ra.jpg

:D

Shame he'll probably get a concussion a game though.

Browning
30-10-2016, 10:37 AM
How much does Reed set you back? The amount I throw to my TE i may consider him. Does "Halloween weekend" include Monday? If not I'm probably fucked as I'm at Wembley today so won't get to play much.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-10-2016, 11:45 AM
I managed to nab him for 27,750 but generally a bit closer to 30.

"This player will morph to a 95 OVR from Saturday 10/29 at 10:30 AM ET to Tuesday 11/1 at 10:30 AM ET."

Goes up to Tuesday.

Browning
31-10-2016, 04:44 PM
I did buy Reed but honestly with how much I'm struggling I'll probably just stick with the Elite Collins. Bit of a shame but it's not worth the stress. If the final wasn't "All Madden" I'd give it a go, but with 4 to go.... meh.

Still, a much stronger team than I had before all this.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-10-2016, 06:24 PM
I still haven't got my 86.

I need like 1 or 2 food but the servers were down for me earlier today.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Beasts of Gridiron are the hardest challenges ever.

Last year it was piss easy to play against enraged players as the HUGE height boost made the players all play really badly. This year they play as good (if not better) than their smaller counterparts but they've also got a crazy height advantage.

I've somehow managed to complete 5 challenges but it's been a real struggle. I can only reliably count on HB screen passes and verticals throwing to a TE on an out route (slanted to the sideline). For everything else either my O-Line can't give me enough time, players get balls ripped out of their hands (this is fucking ridiculous, I've had loads where it's been ripped out in almost impossible plays) or the defence makes some mental play.

Defending is largely okay but I'm finding it so tough to score consistently.

Browning
03-11-2016, 12:41 AM
Glad it wasn't just me. I got through 6 of the 10 and probably could have done the others with like 20 attempts at each but I decided it wasn't worth it for a 2 OVR stat boost on one player. Far too stressful.

The new objectives seem to be broken too. One of them is "win a solo challenge in which you throw for over 300 yards" so I picked a challenge where the goal was "throw for over 300 yards" and completed it but didn't get the objective. I then did a "full game" challenge and the in game stats showed I passed for a little over 300 yards but the objective recorded it as 287 so I didn't get it there.

Throw for 5 TDs in one game is going to be fucking tough though. I've no idea which challenge will get me a shot at that, as my "Full games" tend to still only be 3-4 minutes per quarter which probably isn't enough time for 5 scoring drives unless I play perfectly.

Oh and yea, the ball ripping out thing is what i meant when I said I was getting loads of drops. It's fucking stupid. The amount of times I'd make a catch and feel like I was running with the ball only for it to then randomly fall to the ground and go down as incomplete.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-11-2016, 01:22 AM
They went from aggressive catch being far too OP last year to almost impossible to catch in traffic.

Limoutsonik
24-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Evenin gents,so i took the punt and bought the game,never played a Madden game before,is there a handy guide to get me in the swing of things?Don't know anything about offensive or defensive schemes,button configurations or anything.All I know is the player's position somewhat ok and what team i want to pick(Seahawks).Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-11-2016, 08:22 PM
http://www.madden-school.com/

That (just use the freebie shit) and Youtube videos are your best bet. Plus do the tutorials.

Also, learn to user (take control) of your fastest MLB as you'll contribute so much more to your team.

wullie
25-11-2016, 08:36 AM
I'd always switch players on defence but doing that you end up changing direction and getting lost so instead I tend to stick either as Bobby Wagner or Kam. I tried playing as Jeremy Lane but you tend to spend most plays just tracking a player who never sees sight of the ball.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Safety is another good option yeah.

I had so much fun on Ultimate Team last year controlling the career tribute Charles Woodson and then Boss Legend Ed Reed.

Limoutsonik
25-11-2016, 07:39 PM
So,the game is pretty awesome,pretty tough for a newbie like me but if you get it going it's damn good fun.My MUT team is 83 overall comprised by Elites Larry Fitz,Jeremy Maclin,Kam Chancellor,Dak Prescott and some other elites and golds I do not remember.Doing the solo challenges to get in the swing of things,being pretty far away playing wise for online matches.Too many buttons to memorize and perform at the correct time is kinda frustrating but it is to be expected.

Limoutsonik
29-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Sorry for the double post,but how do you guys gain coins?I grind like 7-8 challenges a day and get like 15.000 coins max?Is there a way to gain more coins and faster?I haven't played any online head to head yet as i would get annihilated.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Auction trading (basically buy for 1, sell for 2. Muthead can help with prices), grinding challenges (sometimes they give nice ones depending on the promo), online games (even if you'd get battered it's still worth it, especially if they're running a double coin weekend) or buying packs with real cash.

This year it's a lot harder to gain coins tbh. Last few versions they had coin up challenges. You'd play two games and get collectibles, the first you'd bet on who would win a selected match (you'd get 2.5k if you were right, although it was 5k 2 years ago) and the second would be used to bet on a possible outcome and the coin range would vary.

EA got pissed last year because they also did them on some online matchups with some well known community members. One was for a guy to beat another by 35+ points which he did, 100k for that scenario :cool: They had to hand out millions of coins.

Also, this is more late game stuff but play all TOTW matches, you can get lucky. I got a collectible worth 100k or so from that, plus at the end of the year if you have enough special TOTW collectibles in the set you'll get a free TOTY player (don't worry if you missed some weeks, around the playoffs they'll drop all the TOTW games again for a couple of days).

Play challenges as soon as they come out if you can too. They will have an Ultimate Team thing later in the year were mental cards of legends come out and they usually do games to get a collectible for said player. I remember playing the Steve Young match within about 30 minutes of them putting him up and I got his boss card (which I sold for around 3m, he was going for about 200k by the time they fixed it) instead of the collectible.

Limoutsonik
29-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Thanks mate,that's very helpful,i'll put your help in good use!

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Oh and if you happen unpack a player who was just added to the game (in the past week, such as TOTW items) sell them as quick as possible.

Even if you want to keep them because you can buy them a few days later as the supply is higher.

Limoutsonik
29-11-2016, 04:36 PM
I got a 93 Khalil Mack...Should i sell him in order to improve the team in more positions or just keep him?

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-11-2016, 04:45 PM
You just got him? Damn.

I'd sell, he's got for over 750k I believe, next week he'll be down to around 550-600k.

Limoutsonik
29-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Put him on the block,750k buy now price.

Browning
29-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Why is he so expensive? I'd never spend that on one player.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Why is he so expensive? I'd never spend that on one player.

Just released so supply is low, he's a 'name' player, second best LOLB to the Von Miller who goes for over a milion and he will be until the Ultimate Legends probably.

The most I've ever spent on a player was 1.6m IIRC on Boss Ed Reed last year (I also spent 1.5m on the tribute Charles Woodson but sold him to get Reed).

http://www.muthead.com/16/players/17123-ed-reed

He was fucking amazing though, especially to user with his 97 speed, 100 acceleration, 98 jumping, 101 zone and 100 play recognition. I'd get so many picks by usering him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Just got super lucky and got a Champ Bailey Ghost of Madden Past from that 50 collectible set.

430k or so :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Made some tweaks to my team:

http://www.muthead.com/17/team-builder/672320

QB: Cousins (boosted to 93)
RB: D. Williams (boosted 93)
FB: M. Strong (boosted 83)
WR: Benjamin (boosted 91), Evans (boosted 88), S. Smith (boosted 93)
OL: Munoz (boosted 91), Sweezy (boosted 88), Mangold (89), W. Shields (boosted 92), Winston (boosted 89)
TE: Newsome (boosted 93)

Defence:

RE: Williams (87)
LE: C. Baker (boosted 91)
DT: B. Williams (boosted 89)
ROLB: Suggs (boosted 91)
LOLB: Houston (boosted 92)
MLB: Mosley (boosted 87), Bucannon (boosted 87)
CB: S. Smith (boosted 94), W. Brown (boosted 94), J. Jenkins (boosted 94), Haden (boosted 90)
FS: K. Allen (boosted 88)
SS: Krause (boosted 85)

Only golds are Mack Strong (but I'll be upgrading him to OOP Poe soon) and Krause as he is the best coverage SS bar his 87 and 93 versions. I could afford to buy the 87 with a bit of saving but the 84 has LD chemistry which boosts him and Jenkins nicely.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Made a few changes and now sitting on this:

QB: Cousins (boosted to 93)
RB: D. Henry (well he will be there when Williams gets sold) (90)
FB: D. Poe (91)
WR: Benjamin (boosted 91), Green (boosted 97), A. Brown (boosted 97)
OL: Munoz (boosted 92), Sweezy (boosted 88), Mangold (89), W. Shields (boosted 92), D. Dotson (boosted 89)
TE: T. Kelce (boosted 94)

Defence:

RE: J. Casey (boosted 95)
LE: C. Baker (boosted 91)
DT: H. Ngata (boosted 95)
ROLB: J. Clowney (boosted 94)
LOLB: Houston (boosted 93)
MLB: Mosley (boosted 95), Bucannon (boosted 87)
CB: S. Smith (boosted 94), R. Darby (boosted 91), J. Jenkins (boosted 94), T. Young (boosted 89)
FS: K. Allen (boosted 88)
SS: Krause (boosted 95)

Big upgrades across the board really with only one downgrade. I got rid of the Legends Willie Brown (:() and bought Darby as he is the only player with LD & DD chemistry and I needed one more LD after losing the lesser Krause.

Grinded hard the past couple of days for the chemistry Antonio Brown and Jadeveon Clowney and it was so worth it, they're utterly brilliant.

Also, with Mosley comes my biggest purchase in 17 at around 500k. I just couldn't say no when they released a new 94 version.

They've also brought back coin ups in a way with the new predictor program. You get 15,500-20,000 if all your picks are right plus a 50k bonus, highly doubt anyone will get them all though.

Edit: I've just seen that new FO Jordan Howard, I might get him instead of Henry as he has BB (which will boost him along with Poe) and battle ready which Henry does not.