PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Bruh, you wrote a fucking long post that no-one read about how you wanted to vote for Hilary. Trying to be the MAGA guy here makes you look like a bitch.

I've never wanted to vote for Hillary lmfao what the fuck.

phonics
20-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Can't even admit it. Wow. You're such a pussy. It's literally in this very thread that I'm not going to search through.

John
20-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Didn't realize you spoke for every goofy ass liberal on the planet but I'm not surprised you'd imagine you do.

I was speaking for myself and the others lolling at Trump and America in general in this thread, not the world's liberals. Not surprising that you'd attribute motives to someone who doesn't have them for the sake of a precious meltdown though. That's basically your move.

Magic
20-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Best thing about Trump is the collective backlash against Bruh. :drool:

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 07:40 PM
I was speaking for myself and the others lolling at Trump and America in general in this thread, not the world's liberals. Not surprising that you'd attribute motives to someone who doesn't have them for the sake of a precious meltdown though. That's basically your move.

You literally tried to act like I was talking about the people in this thread so you could have a go at me lmao Whatever you say John.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Can't even admit it. Wow. You're such a pussy. It's literally in this very thread that I'm not going to search through.

The long post in this thread I wrote about was the reasons I was going to vote for Trump. I'm sorry you're confused. I'm not trying to be disingenuous but I've hated Hillary Clinton for a long, long while now.

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 07:42 PM
The snowflake claiming others are ruffled. What a shitshow, made my dad.

lol at the pseudo-psychoanalysis. i've had to listen to this America is terrible shit on here for what probably constitutes a literal decade at this point.

Maybe come up with some new material and people won't get annoyed by it.

I'm sorry for being a dick but I've watched you bitch about my country for years. It's fucking tiresome.

Obviously America isn't amazing but neither is anywhere else on the planet for anyone who isn't rich and well off.

I'm tired of the world slating my country at every opportunity as if it makes their own country any less shitty.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Phonics again I'm really not trying to be a dick but that post never happened.

http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/search.php?searchid=52295

phonics
20-01-2017, 07:43 PM
You're so strong Bruh. SO brave. You're so unaffected by my posting that you're searching threads. Snowflake, be quiet.

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Triggered to fuck whew lad :happycry: :happycry: :happycry:

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 07:45 PM
The snowflake claiming others are ruffled. What a shitshow, made my dad.

So because I apologized for being rude, which I was, I can't laugh at these people who are literally rioting in the streets because their candidate lost?

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 07:46 PM
You'll be breaking through Australian soil next son.

Magic
This is going to end in quitting the board. :drool:

phonics
For some reason I highly doubt that Anarchists thought of Hilary Clinton as their candidate.

bruhnaldo
You're so strong Bruh. SO brave. You're so unaffected by my posting that you're searching threads. Snowflake, be quiet.

I'm not even having a go at you man. It's not hard to do a search on this website so I thought I'd double check to see what you were on about.

phonics
20-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Having a go at us 'seething' and then flopping about like a bitch apologising for offending us is peak Bruh.

7om
20-01-2017, 07:49 PM
This will end in tears. I'm calling it now.

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 07:50 PM
He's coming across quite liberal here tbf.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 07:50 PM
I haven't apologized for shit. You're all acting like a bunch of fucking children.

Spikey M
20-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Snowflake.jpg

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Bruh's right lads, let's have a serious debate here, we're clearly dealing with an intelligent mind.

Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump are going to be the next President of my country lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololo

Also shout out to Milo DA GAWD.

I love that little homo.

So which one of you is going to adopt me when PRESIDENT TrUMP! is running my country.

I make a mean peanut butter and jelly and am fairly neat.

This triggers me so much for some reason.

"Yo dawg, I heard you live in a country that spans 3.8 million square miles, but all of it is shit compared to the 2.97 million square miles we have here in Australia"

It's a big world, man. Your home city vs. Potential job city =/= Australia vs. the U.S.

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 07:53 PM
27 years old. Let that seep in.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Bruh's right lads, let's have a serious debate here, we're clearly dealing with an intelligent mind.

I'm allowed to think it's hilarious that Trump became our President while also understanding it's hilarious these goofy liberals are rioting in the streets.

Why don't you quote the long ass post I typed up for the sake of conversation that had all of my actual views in it instead of picking and choosing when I came in this thread and threw shit at the wall in passing?

Disingenuous DS trying to paint me in a bad light knowing I've tried to be nothing but respectful in my actual discussions! Sad!

Spikey M
20-01-2017, 07:56 PM
I literally measured my own head diameter once because Bamster/Kiko were meanie bully heads, but this is too much, even for me.

phonics
20-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Spikey, if you actually measured your head, the internet is way, way better than I already thought it was.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 07:57 PM
27 years old. Let that seep in.

28 now, thanks. :)

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm allowed to think it's hilarious that Trump became our President while also understanding it's hilarious these goofy liberals are rioting in the streets.

Why don't you quote the long ass post I typed up for the sake of conversation that had all of my actual views in it instead of picking and choosing when I came in this thread and threw shit at the wall in passing?

Disingenuous DS trying to paint me in a bad light knowing I've tried to be nothing but respectful in my actual discussions! Sad!

Why would I quote actual posts? Jesus fuck this is like reading the Limmy thread on Twitter yesterday.

Spikey M

STOP USING MY WORDS AGAINST ME!!!!11One1

John
You literally tried to act like I was talking about the people in this thread so you could have a go at me lmao Whatever you say John.

I didn't 'try to act' like anything. I told you we were lolling at you, and if you had even a vague awareness of the politics of this board beyond your own country you'd know I'm a lifelong Conservative voter, so not someone who could credibly claim to speak for 'the liberals', goofy ass or otherwise, for a second.

Back to the point, the world is laughing at you because you've elected a man who resembles an orange lollipop recently pulled from a particularly linty pocket, who can't speak publicly without going off piste fifty times a minute and has largely filled his cabinet with people who've either been in violation of or sought to dismantle the agencies they're now overseeing. It's not draining the swamp, it's putting a hundred creatures from the black lagoon in charge of a hundred different swamps.

And this board is lolling at you personally and in particular because you're a petulant shit.

EDIT - In that long post Phonics mentions you said that you'd been seriously considering Clinton and weren't sure you could bring yourself to vote for Trump, so while Phonics is wrong that it was a long post your shy-Clinton nature, it wasn't a ringing endorsement for Trump either. This Mert level Trump fanboy act is all the more lol when you remember it started not long after it became clear he was going to win.

Spikey M
20-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Spikey, if you actually measured your head, the internet is way, way better than I already thought it was.

I did. Then increased the result by a few cm's to ensure the ridicule would end. :happycry:

phonics
20-01-2017, 08:01 PM
I did. Then increased the result by a few cm's to ensure the ridicule would end. :happycry:

I fucking love this place and I love you all. Tiny heads and all.

7om
20-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Fuck you, cunt.

Magic
20-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Hang on he's older than me? :harold:

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Hang on he's older than me? :harold:

Claims to be. I've yet to see anything to back it up.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Why would I quote actual posts? Jesus fuck this is like reading the Limmy thread on Twitter yesterday.

Disingenuous DS using the bits and pieces that help his #narrative instead of showing the entire story. Sad!

STOP USING MY WORDS AGAINST ME!!!!11One1

That's not really what's going on though. What's happening now is picking and choose times I was being sarcastic or light-hearted about the situation (which I've personally said in this thread isn't a good one, as was quoted. I've been very frank and honest that I wasn't exactly excited about either candidate) and using them to put me in a certain light for.... whatever reason. I haven't really figured out what the point of all this is.

I didn't 'try to act' like anything. I told you we were lolling at you, and if you had even a vague awareness of the politics of this board beyond your own country you'd know I'm a lifelong Conservative voter,

WADR why would I care about having a "vague awareness of the politics of this board" when people don't care about understanding the politics of others? Like I mentioned I spent a lot of time talking about the points that were important to me for the sake of discussion because, as I said, I have a lot of respect for the intelligence of this community. I wasn't met with respectful discussion for the most part. Which was sad for me, because I actually enjoy debate and learning from other people. I don't think I'm right about everything and I like to get other perspectives.

Today I came here to laugh about the pretty evident seethe going on around the world and that got misconstrued and turned into an entirely different thing altogether just so you guys could have someone to rail against since Mert isn't here.

Kinda immature but hey man it is what it is.

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 08:08 PM
I haven't really figured out what the point of all this is.

Exposing the fraud via a #FalesNews narrative, ya septic.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 08:08 PM
I mean you can disagree with things I've said and that's fine but you guys aren't even taking issue with anything. You're just pointing and laughing at the guise that an American exists in your internet presence.

I honestly don't think you even know what you're upset about at this point lol You just know I voted for Trump so that makes me a terrible person (even though my reasons, which I explicitly stated to you guys for the sake of real discussion, are for the greater good of all Americans)

Reg
20-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Bruh, not all these posts are genuine. Read phonics' again: he was just trolling / having a laugh.

John
20-01-2017, 08:15 PM
WADR why would I care about having a "vague awareness of the politics of this board" when people don't care about understanding the politics of others? Like I mentioned I spent a lot of time talking about the points that were important to me for the sake of discussion because, as I said, I have a lot of respect for the intelligence of this community. I wasn't met with respectful discussion for the most part. Which was sad for me, because I actually enjoy debate and learning from other people. I don't think I'm right about everything and I like to get other perspectives.

Today I came here to laugh about the pretty evident seethe going on around the world and that got misconstrued and turned into an entirely different thing altogether just so you guys could have someone to rail against since Mert isn't here.

Kinda immature but hey man it is what it is.

Understanding the politics of others and knowing what they are are two entirely different things. I read your long post about Trump, despite it being a rambling, repetitive mess, so I know which issues are important to you and I know why you voted for Trump. I don't understand it, but I could recite the reasons. Do you know how stupid you look trying to bat away a post by claiming not to be surprised that a Conservative is apparently trying to speak for the world's liberals?

Magic
20-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Bruh, not all these posts are genuine. Read phonics' again: he was just trolling / having a laugh.

Don't listen to him he's just a Russian troll.

Shindig
20-01-2017, 08:26 PM
You know what'd be class? If Trump's Presidency underwhelmed.

SvN
20-01-2017, 08:30 PM
I suspect bruh is messaging Mert on Facebook right now begging for backup

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Do you know how stupid you look trying to bat away a post by claiming not to be surprised that a Conservative is apparently trying to speak for the world's liberals?

I understand what you're saying, but my post was more saying I was talking about all of the world's liberals who are, as we type, I'm watching online in social media rioting in the streets, destroying businesses, crying they're going to report @POTUS to take a stand, etc. etc.

Not so much that you, John yourself, would take it upon yourself to speak for the world's liberals, but that I've known you to come off as a pretentious, everything i say is gold, know-it-all, who in turn would then think however you interpretted something was the only way it should be interpretted. i.e. "the seethe is glorious :drool:" would only apply to things I saw in this thread and not the general seethe of the world. I don't mean any disrespect, I think you're often very insightful. Just saying in general.

And this is what kinda also annoys me. I've been open and honest about my fear for this election, how both candidates sucked, etc. etc. I've openly talked about all of this. As the campaign went on, I was open and honest about my leanings and why I leaned that way.

I never was rude to anyone about their opinions, though I've admitted I don't like when people trash my country (especially when they live here and are from here) without real reason. I apologized because that's the right thing to do when you're rude to someone you respect and I hold respect for all of you, regardless if you do the same for me.

ALL THAT BEING SAID... I'm going to enjoy the fact we saved this country from Hillary Clinton. Nothing you guys say will make it otherwise.

Is Trump the best candidate? fuck no. I'm pretty nervous about the situation if I'm honest. But I'd be 10x more worried if Clinton was my President right now.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 08:32 PM
I suspect bruh is messaging Mert on Facebook right now begging for backup

What do I need backup for? No one is arguing anything with me. They're just telling me I'm shit cause I dare show up to this thread happy that my candidate won. They're holding onto "but you said you were unsure 6 months ago!" for dear life as if that's supposed to make me feel some sort of way about the whole thing. I don't.

I'm not the smartest pea in the pod but this silly little witch hunt has less legs than a snake.

Boydy
20-01-2017, 08:38 PM
John's a tory?

Spikey M
20-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Bruh's complete understanding of what is going on here is just great.

SvN
20-01-2017, 08:39 PM
There isn't a witch hunt. People are taking the piss and your overreaction is funny.

phonics
20-01-2017, 08:43 PM
This isn't quite Jack Torrance thinking we're calling him ugly levels of funny but it's close.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Bruh's complete understanding of what is going on here is just great.

I come to this website every single day and I never know what any of you are talking about.

There isn't a witch hunt. People are taking the piss and your overreaction is funny.

Taking the piss at the expense of dragging my character through the mud unjustly isn't really my 'cuppa' but you boys enjoy.

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Taking the piss at the expense of dragging my character through the mud unjustly isn't really my 'cuppa' but you boys enjoy.

Why? We're just doing what your boy did for his entire campaign.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Why? We're just doing what your boy did for his entire campaign.

Hillary Clinton has no character. She proved that when the Clinton Foundation raised millions of dollars for the people of Haiti but pocketed the money for themselves.

The DNC has no character. They proved that when they cheated Bernie Sanders out of the nomination.

If you're going to be snarky at least put forth some effort.

Dark Soldier
20-01-2017, 08:53 PM
I've made 30k posts without effort, why the fuck would I start now.

bruhnaldo
20-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Fair play.

SvN
20-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Just seen on reddit that all references to climate change have been deleted from the White House website.

The only mention of the word "climate" is:

President Trump is committed to eliminating harmful and unnecessary policies such as the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the U.S. rule.

Fucking hell.

SvN
20-01-2017, 09:43 PM
And now the LBGT and Civil Rights sections of the website are gone. lol.

Boydy
20-01-2017, 09:55 PM
I saw yesterday on Twitter that the guy appointed to head the Department of Energy once prayed for rain to end a drought.

Edit: It was the Department of Agriculture.

Shindig
20-01-2017, 10:00 PM
One nation under God. In many ways, it's amazing how Americans are seething but ultimately letting this play out. America only does riots over race.

Magic
20-01-2017, 10:01 PM
I saw yesterday on Twitter that the guy appointed to head the Department of Energy once prayed for rain to end a drought.

Edit: It was the Department of Agriculture.

Its as good a way as any.

7om
20-01-2017, 11:18 PM
This is going to be so entertaining.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-01-2017, 11:31 PM
http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/518000/Donald-Trump-Inauguration-Day-George-W-Bush-Raincoat-Poncho-President-Speech-796518.jpg

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/58828794f10a9a99348b884c-1159

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/520000/Donald-Trump-Inauguration-Day-George-W-Bush-Raincoat-Poncho-President-Speech-796520.jpg

At least Bush can make Bruh look good.

Disco
21-01-2017, 12:41 AM
Someone was having a fun day at least.

http://i.imgur.com/wfcv4qg.jpg

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-01-2017, 01:05 AM
A poncho is a good a place as any to cum on.

Especially if it's being worn by George Bush.

Lewis
21-01-2017, 01:14 AM
Mate.

randomlegend
21-01-2017, 01:16 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5p6jtx/met_an_interesting_fellow_at_the_inauguration/

This thread is just beyond tragic :D

Lewis
21-01-2017, 01:18 AM
Look at Lord Ashcroft seething that nobody asked him for a picture.

Byron
21-01-2017, 05:01 AM
And now the LBGT and Civil Rights sections of the website are gone. lol.

However under the section for Melania you can see thinly veiled advertising for her modeling and jewellery.

Bartholomert
21-01-2017, 06:15 AM
Just seen on reddit that all references to climate change have been deleted from the White House website.

The only mention of the word "climate" is:

Fucking hell.

Lol at you believing fake news. Tell me more about how you're more sophisticated and moral that Trump supporters.

http://www.snopes.com/white-house-web-site-trump-changes/

SvN
21-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Did you actually read your link?

Shindig
21-01-2017, 08:38 AM
WHAT'S TRUE: The terms "LGBT" and "climate change" were absent from WhiteHouse.gov immediately after Inauguration Day 2017.

I mean... that's some selective sight, Mert.

Queenslander
21-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Are there even that many American definition liberals on this forum?

I always thought most members are all over the spectrum politically? I know I am.

Spammer
21-01-2017, 09:29 AM
They change it with every change of administration.

Shindig
21-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Out of interest, I retook the political compass to see where I am.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-1.88&soc=-3.74

Can't tell how much I've shifted on the liberal side of things. I'd encourage Mert to do one of these but I'm not sure how honest he'll be.

Spikey M
21-01-2017, 09:54 AM
I think I'd come out pretty central, but still libertarian. Fiscally my politics has changed alot (towards the right), socially I'm pretty much the same.

Magic
21-01-2017, 09:55 AM
Retarded?

Shindig
21-01-2017, 09:58 AM
I'll also add that, whilst taking the test, I wish there was 'neither agree nor disagree' option. Some stuff I was right down the middle on and questions like the abortion one don't fit my actual views on the subject.

Lewis
21-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Papa Shango's let himself go.

GS
21-01-2017, 05:09 PM
The rush to condemn his presidency before he's had the opportunity to embarrass himself of his own accord is great fun to watch, if nothing else. I'm sure it'll only take another Martin Sheen YouTube video to persuade Trump that he should resign and / or get himself impeached.

Shindig
21-01-2017, 05:41 PM
I'll be honest, the inauguration speech about about putting America first plays super well and to the point. Shame his cabinet is a bunch of billionaires instead of actual politicians. Just a little bit of experience could go a long way in the next term.

GS
21-01-2017, 05:50 PM
It plays well with the people who got him elected, which is probably what he's aiming for. Its tone is anathema to the café latte crowd in the cities, and it's not like they're going to change their minds.

7om
21-01-2017, 07:09 PM

Papa Shango's let himself go.

D.C. is mental at night time. Mainly because all the posh types and commuters are absent and you're just left with the vast numbers of homeless people roaming the streets.

Lewis
21-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Channel 4 news would have had you believe that these marches were like the Berlin Wall coming down.

Bartholomert
21-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Channel 4 news would have had you believe that these marches were like the Berlin Wall coming down.

Still waiting for some to explain what the marches are about or hoping to achieve...

Bartholomert
21-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Did you actually read your link?

Did you read it? They didn't remove anything, they were given a blank website template. They are still in the process of repopulating the new website from scratch which is largely empty at this stage.

phonics
21-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Using a speech to the CIA to lie about the size of his crowds is immense. The man should just walk around in nothing but a giant diaper shaking a rattle.

SvN
21-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Did you read it? They didn't remove anything, they were given a blank website template. They are still in the process of repopulating the new website from scratch which is largely empty at this stage.

Regardless of the reason, it's still true. And the only reference to climate change is to revoke the climate action plan.

I advise you to educate yourself on what the term "fake news" actually means. Cuck.

GS
21-01-2017, 10:39 PM
To be fair, a new administration does tend (based on what I've read anyway) to strip the website of its previous content, move it to an archive, and then repopulate it with the policies of said new administration. That certain sections have been 'removed' is, in and of itself, not a big deal.

Trump also wasn't shy about saying he was pro-fossil fuel in his campaign, so that 'update' hardly merits highlighting. If anything, they'll deserve credit for actually following through on campaign pledges (whether you agree with said pledge or not).

Jimmy Floyd
21-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Why are Brits protesting against Trump? He's not our President, and I suspect we're about to get a top, top trade deal out of him.

Magic
21-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Elitist liberals transcend nationality.

Lewis
21-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Why are Brits protesting against Trump? He's not our President, and I suspect we're about to get a top, top trade deal out of him.

Does the logic that claims that we can be bullied by bigger economies (America, China, Europe) also hold that we can dictate terms to literally everybody except them? Nobody seems to be accounting for that.

Henry
21-01-2017, 11:02 PM
It should be headline news, but during his rant today Trump repeated that the US should have stolen Iraqi oil, and expressed desire that they might have "another chance" to do so.

I foresee an attempt to impeach him quite soon. The establishment won't stand for this level of idiocy.

Great to see the protests too. The more of that there is, the less political cover he has.

GS
21-01-2017, 11:09 PM
It's a shame the left aren't as enthusiastic about elections as they are in protesting about the results afterwards.

I have no idea what these people hope to achieve from such self-righteous time wasting.

Shindig
21-01-2017, 11:16 PM
... 2 million more people voted for Hillary.

Queenslander
21-01-2017, 11:19 PM
It's a shame the left aren't as enthusiastic about elections as they are in protesting about the results afterwards.

This has me head fucked. How could they not organise a bigger voter turnout?

Lewis
21-01-2017, 11:23 PM

City levels of small-timism there. Christ.

GS
21-01-2017, 11:23 PM
... 2 million more people voted for Hillary.

It doesn't matter. That's not how it works in America, and both sides knew this.

Henry
21-01-2017, 11:28 PM
The protests are not aimed at overturning the election result, as you're entirely aware. They're about opposing Trump's agenda.

GS
21-01-2017, 11:31 PM
The protests are not aimed at overturning the election result, as you're entirely aware. They're about opposing Trump's agenda.

Good for them. It's still a self-righteous waste of time.

Bernanke
21-01-2017, 11:36 PM

City levels of small-timism there. Christ.

This is like something out of Parks & Rec. Amazing.

Boydy
21-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Had a look at Facebook there and my newsfeed is just full of protest pictures. Trump's a massive shithead, yeah, but your punny signs aren't going to do anything.

They're all the sort of annoying middle class (in the British sense, not the stupid American sense) liberals (this one can be the stupid American sense or the British Lib Dem sense) who are precisely the reason Clinton was the nominee and the Democrats lost. Wankers.

randomlegend
21-01-2017, 11:59 PM
self-righteous waste of time.

That should be your custom status.

Lewis
22-01-2017, 12:03 AM
:lol:

Boydy
22-01-2017, 12:03 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/5VKbvrjxpVJCM/200.gif#10

Raoul Duke
22-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Is that the guy off Guardians Of The Galaxy?

Boydy
22-01-2017, 12:44 AM
No, it's Andy Dwyer.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-01-2017, 01:09 AM

http://a.fod4.com/misc/swansonsmile1.gif

ItalAussie
22-01-2017, 01:19 AM
I'm all for letting an elected President get on with their plans and judging them based on that. But if we're to judge him on what he's done so far, his cabinet appointments have been uniformly terrible and, in many cases, downright destructive. It doesn't bode well.

The website stuff is all a little silly, because the first thing they're going to do is wipe the slate clean. But the cabinet appointments are pretty terrible. I'm just glad the Pacific Ocean is large. Not My Problem.

ItalAussie
22-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Except for climate change, the threat of the nuclear arsenal, and cooling relations with China over Taiwan. Those could wind up being my problem. But not much I can do about those.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 04:53 AM
I'm all for letting an elected President get on with their plans and judging them based on that. But if we're to judge him on what he's done so far, his cabinet appointments have been uniformly terrible and, in many cases, downright destructive. It doesn't bode well.

The website stuff is all a little silly, because the first thing they're going to do is wipe the slate clean. But the cabinet appointments are pretty terrible. I'm just glad the Pacific Ocean is large. Not My Problem.

...yeah pretty terrible that he picked appointees who would implement the ideas that he campaigned on :cab:

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 04:55 AM

So they are protesting the democratically elected government...before it's done anything...with no specific policy being targeted...

Dude this sort of retardation is why Trump won. At least be smart enough / half the self-awareness to see that.

ItalAussie
22-01-2017, 06:56 AM
...yeah pretty terrible that he picked appointees who would implement the ideas that he campaigned on :cab:

There exist plenty of good conservative candidates with expertise, knowledge and ability for cabinet positions.

I'd pick you as the secretary of energy, education, or housing, or the attorney general ahead of the rabble that have been appointed.

ItalAussie
22-01-2017, 07:00 AM
It is fascinating how politicians (in general, although I'd argue that one side does it harder than the other - but I'm hardly objective) have started going hard on classical abuser tactics. In particular, "don't believe anyone but me". It's is a classic tactic employed by the guilty party in abusive relationships. It's like how cults always separate people from their families and friends.

Don't listen to scientists. Don't listen to the media. Don't listen to any other voices. Only listen to me.

Byron
22-01-2017, 07:43 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722

Surely at this point you're just swinging for swinging's sake. How can anyone realistically claim more people were at Trump's inaugaration?

Magic
22-01-2017, 08:20 AM
It is fascinating how politicians (in general, although I'd argue that one side does it harder than the other - but I'm hardly objective) have started going hard on classical abuser tactics. In particular, "don't believe anyone but me". It's is a classic tactic employed in abusive relationships. Like how cults always separate people from their families and friends.

Don't listen to scientists. Don't listen to the media. Don't listen to any other voices. Only listen to me.

Cheers for the advice.

John Arne
22-01-2017, 09:04 AM
Why are Trump's team even responding to this "not a lot of people there" shit - have they not got more important things to be doing?

ItalAussie
22-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Why are Trump's team even responding to this "not a lot of people there" shit - have they not got more important things to be doing?

Baited by a tweet.

Shindig
22-01-2017, 09:59 AM
It doesn't matter. That's not how it works in America, and both sides knew this.

It kinda does. There's a strong, strong contingent that opposes Trump's message and, worryingly, Trump's response is a. "What people? I don't see any people. Did you hear something?" For a guy talking about uniting America, he's willing to let the resentment fester instead of diffusing it.

And should the opposition not pipe up when he's been campaigning for 18 months on these messages?

phonics
22-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Can we not do the 'The thing I agree with is why Trump won' thing. It's pathetic.

Having to come out in your first press conference to straight up lie about crowd sizes and not allow questions is some Chemical Ali shit.

Shindig
22-01-2017, 12:51 PM
It's incredibly troubling when a new government is formed that has no political reputation on day one. We're about to see what four years of "Nice to see a change from career politicians." gets you.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 04:33 PM
It is fascinating how politicians (in general, although I'd argue that one side does it harder than the other - but I'm hardly objective) have started going hard on classical abuser tactics. In particular, "don't believe anyone but me". It's is a classic tactic employed by the guilty party in abusive relationships. It's like how cults always separate people from their families and friends.

But the other voices have been exhaustively shown to have their own agenda and lie constantly. It wouldn't work if those other voices retained any credibility.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 04:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722

Surely at this point you're just swinging for swinging's sake. How can anyone realistically claim more people were at Trump's inaugaration?

Let's see the numbers. The media was openly posting and spreading falsehoods, they are hardly more reliable than Trump. He's not this dumb.

GS
22-01-2017, 04:35 PM
It kinda does. There's a strong, strong contingent that opposes Trump's message and, worryingly, Trump's response is a. "What people? I don't see any people. Did you hear something?" For a guy talking about uniting America, he's willing to let the resentment fester instead of diffusing it.

And should the opposition not pipe up when he's been campaigning for 18 months on these messages?

It doesn't matter that he didn't win the popular vote, which is constantly being cited as evidence of his lack of legitimacy. The opposition (quote unquote) had their opportunity to pipe up at the elections themselves, and they failed to do so in sufficient numbers. Congress exists as a check on his power. Beyond that, the only legitimate question regarding Trump's agenda is whether aspects of his agenda are unconstitutional or not, for which the Supreme Court can decide.

Protests on the street by an aggrieved minority do not matter a fuck, nor does "piping up" after the event. You can be sure, with a high degree of confidence, that 99.99% of the attendees yesterday weren't out pitching Hillary on front lawns in the swing states at a time when "piping up" might have actually mattered.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 04:37 PM

It's odd, I agree. But they must have facts to back up their claims and wow would that completely expose and humiliate the media.

Lewis
22-01-2017, 04:39 PM
The fannies of the world wringing their hands over the media getting a kick-in is seriously lol. They should remember how they treated people like William Hague (or Ed Miliband for that matter) and man up.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 04:46 PM
No political discussion is complete without memes:

https://i.groupme.com/501x388.jpeg.5bb393e3c2724850a40d0a1ce991ec32

https://i.groupme.com/1080x819.jpeg.334b20bfab8747648b8e8f328ebcdc5e

phonics
22-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Maternity leave.

Lewis
22-01-2017, 05:00 PM
You mean paid maternity leave, which isn't a right.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Maternity leave.

LOL. You mean the policy which further exacerbates unequal pay and discrimination against women in hiring?

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Churchill back in the Oval Office:

http://fortune.com/2016/09/28/europe-female-ceo-sp/

Shindig
22-01-2017, 05:14 PM
It doesn't matter that he didn't win the popular vote, which is constantly being cited as evidence of his lack of legitimacy. The opposition (quote unquote) had their opportunity to pipe up at the elections themselves, and they failed to do so in sufficient numbers. Congress exists as a check on his power. Beyond that, the only legitimate question regarding Trump's agenda is whether aspects of his agenda are unconstitutional or not, for which the Supreme Court can decide.

Protests on the street by an aggrieved minority do not matter a fuck, nor does "piping up" after the event. You can be sure, with a high degree of confidence, that 99.99% of the attendees yesterday weren't out pitching Hillary on front lawns in the swing states at a time when "piping up" might have actually mattered.

When your mam smacked youn as a child did you get an erection?

GS
22-01-2017, 05:19 PM
You mean paid maternity leave, which isn't a right.

Something the left routinely fail to understand is the cost to small business of national top-down "workers' rights" like this. Companies get shafted by maternity leave and ever-increasing minimum wage requirements.

Kikó
22-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Poor companies :(

GS
22-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Infantile nonsense

It's almost hard to believe that most people choose not to waste their time on here any more.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 05:25 PM

No. Poor workers who don't have jobs because the companies can't afford to expand their employment rolls.

GS
22-01-2017, 05:26 PM

They're not all multinationals with reams of free cash, you know. See: here (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/467443/bpe_2015_statistical_release.pdf). It is small companies (<25 staff) who are particularly at risk as they require free cash or other capital sources for expansion.

Kikó
22-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Poor workers :( If only they let the companies let the market decide what rights we gave them we'd be in a better place.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Poor workers :( If only they let the companies let the market decide what rights we gave them we'd be in a better place.

If only we lived in a communist state where workers were given all the rights they deserved guaranteed at the end of a gun barrel :(

Fucking mong. Free market capitalism has done more to lift workers out of poverty and improve their quality of life than ANY government regulation / social program / other form of economic organization.

GS
22-01-2017, 05:35 PM

The alternative is the French model, where they're highly reluctant to engage in extensive recruitment because it can be nigh on impossible to get rid of them when theres a downturn. Business requires flexibility. Until such time as some new economic system somehow displaces the successful, albeit imperfect, one we have, the left would do well to recognise that a balance needs struck.

Then again, that would require a break from virtue signalling and we're surely reaching the point in the cycle where they'll all be volunteering to invite refugees into their home again.

Shindig
22-01-2017, 05:36 PM
They're not all multinationals with reams of free cash, you know. See: here (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/467443/bpe_2015_statistical_release.pdf). It is small companies (<25 staff) who are particularly at risk as they require free cash or other capital sources for expansion.

My sister got the boot days after announcing her pregnancy. At the time she worked for Nissan.

Kikó
22-01-2017, 05:37 PM
My sister got the boot days after announcing her pregnancy. At the time she worked for Nissan.

Should have thought about that before she got pregnant. Think of the companies.

Lewis
22-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Whether or not it makes sense to have it, it isn't a 'right' (and how much unpaid leave do men get?), so I think we're back to marching against imaginary societal problems like non-existent wage disparities and 'rape culture'.

GS
22-01-2017, 05:40 PM
If only we lived in a communist state where workers were given all the rights they deserved guaranteed at the end of a gun barrel :(

Fucking mong. Free market capitalism has done more to lift workers out of poverty and improve their quality of life than ANY government regulation / social program / other form of economic organization.

Socialism has been a disaster anywhere it's been implemented. It escapes me how anybody sensible can advocate it as a genuine alternative. As you say, capitalism and free(r) trade contributed more to alleviating poverty and increasing living standards than at any other time in human history. Some people just aren't interested in acknowledging this salient facts.

Kikó
22-01-2017, 05:40 PM
My question yesterday was around the point of protesting , what was the aim? I guess it shows the DONALD he hasn't got universal support in the States and he should realise that but then again, I doubt Donald gives a fuck so it's all a bit pointless.

GS
22-01-2017, 05:41 PM

What's your point?

Lewis
22-01-2017, 05:49 PM

Take cover.

Shindig
22-01-2017, 05:52 PM
What's your point?

Wasn't yours the whole, "It hurts small companies!"?

phonics
22-01-2017, 05:52 PM
GS finds the banning of child labor a disgusting attack on the free market.

GS
22-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Wasn't yours the whole, "It hurts small companies!"?

Predominantly, but not exclusively.

GS
22-01-2017, 05:58 PM

That would require a certain amount of coercion / exploitation wouldn't it, so isn't a valid point as the worker is able to take their labour elsewhere in a free market.

phonics
22-01-2017, 05:59 PM
How did Child Labour require coercion or exploitation? It was just the norm until it wasn't.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 06:02 PM

Take cover.

Politically this is a brilliant move IMO.

1. Shows the world he's not afraid to do what he wants, and he won't be cowed by the emotional needs of weaker nations.
2. Will divide Jewish people in America who are overwhelmingly Democrat, and uncover the underlying anti-semitism masked as anti-Israel sentiment existing under the surface among the Left. Great play for Jewish voters (and donors) in the future.

GS
22-01-2017, 06:06 PM
How did Child Labour require coercion or exploitation? It was just the norm until it wasn't.

The state of this.

https://media.giphy.com/media/106PwpLIIXJnXi/giphy.gif

Spikey M
22-01-2017, 07:15 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww SNAP.

ItalAussie
22-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Whether or not it makes sense to have it, it isn't a 'right' (and how much unpaid leave do men get?), so I think we're back to marching against imaginary societal problems like non-existent wage disparities and 'rape culture'.

It's not a right. It's just something that practically every other half-competently run nation has figured out is a good idea that benefits society as a whole.

Jimmy Floyd
22-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Hang on, so if you have a kid on the Friday in America, you're back at your desk on the Monday?

We often confuse it for a civilised country.

John
22-01-2017, 07:39 PM
If you have a kid on the Sunday night you're back at your desk on Monday, unless you can afford to take unpaid leave.

randomlegend
22-01-2017, 08:14 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/wh-spokesman-gave-alternative-facts-inauguration-crowd-n710466

"Alternative facts" :D

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 08:19 PM
It's not a right. It's just something that practically every other half-competently run nation has figured out is a good idea that benefits society as a whole.

...except that it makes women less attractive as potential hires for a job and thereby results in their relative disenfrachisement.

Rules of economics still apply, even if you have FEELINGS about EQUITY!

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 08:24 PM

Minors can't give informed consent to enter labor contracts. It has NOTHING to do with government regulation or the free market, but enforcing simple principles of contract law.

ItalAussie
22-01-2017, 08:29 PM
...except that it makes women less attractive as potential hires for a job and thereby results in their relative disenfrachisement.

Rules of economics still apply, even if you have FEELINGS about EQUITY!

So if that is true in isolation, it would mean the US should have significantly less of a wage gap than the rest of the world then?

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 08:41 PM
So if that is true in isolation, it would mean the US should have significantly less of a wage gap than the rest of the world then?

The US does not have a wage gap, and has far less gender segregation in the workforce than its progressive empathetic European counterparts.

niko_cee
22-01-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm sure there are 'alternative facts' to counter wherever you're going with that line of questioning.

It's going to be interesting seeing what happens when so many, if not half-wits, then people with interesting perceptions of the world, are put in charge of a country. If it was here the civil service would railroad them to oblivion, but I don't know if the US has that safety net (have that Montesquieu).

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 08:43 PM
If those half-wits are so stupid, and the people they're replacing so smart, why did the latter group lose the election and monumentally fail across the board in achieving any of their stated policy goals over the last eight years?

It's almost like the 'smart' people are not only half-wits, but delusional on top of it.

niko_cee
22-01-2017, 08:44 PM
http://reports.weforum.org/global-gender-gap-report-2016/rankings/

I'm not saying they are stupid, per se, particularly not in terms of getting elected to public office or media management or whatever it is most of them do, more hypothesizing about where you take a country when your starting point is arguing about hand, sorry, crowd size.

I am quite sympathetic towards the idea of a Trump presidency, within reason. It will certainly benefit the UK.

niko_cee
22-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Also, as regards those pay gap rankings, lol at 'straya, mates.

Bartholomert
22-01-2017, 08:53 PM
http://reports.weforum.org/global-gender-gap-report-2016/rankings/

I'm not saying they are stupid, per se, particularly not in terms of getting elected to public office or media management or whatever it is most of them do, more hypothesizing about where you take a country when your starting point is arguing about hand, sorry, crowd size.

I am quite sympathetic towards the idea of a Trump presidency, within reason. It will certainly benefit the UK.

Trump voters are more educated and have higher median income than Hillary voters. You are wrong, it's that simple.

Also, as regards those pay gap rankings, lol at 'straya, mates.

If you think the 'pay gap' is taking the median salary for women and dividing it by the median salary for men, you are a straight retard. The pay gap only exists if the genders do not receive equal pay for equal work.

Shindig
22-01-2017, 09:01 PM
If those half-wits are so stupid, and the people they're replacing so smart, why did the latter group lose the election and monumentally fail across the board in achieving any of their stated policy goals over the last eight years?

It's almost like the 'smart' people are not only half-wits, but delusional on top of it.

I mean, this election was historic, not just in the result but the way it was fought. All throughout, traditional media was depicting Clinton as the victor. The polling did likewise. All the while Trump slings so much mud that the process itself can't come clean. By turning the election into a dangerous farce, he narrowed the gap and turned people on to actual change. For better or worse, Trump looks like an alternative to a sense of static, career politicians. He played it so well.

niko_cee
22-01-2017, 09:02 PM
I have no idea about the veracity of those rankings, just the first thing that came up on google and a subject I have no interest in. Clicking through on some of the individual countries, some of the data/rankings look a bit :cab:.

Anecdotally, I've always thought the "DON'T TALK ABOUT SALARY" culture that pervades many industries is one derived from the US (as are so many of our modern norms), which always seems like a cover for unequal pay.

ItalAussie
22-01-2017, 09:58 PM
I'm just saying that if the US anti-family policies really do promote employment equality, then the US numbers should be measurably better than everyone else.

I'm not saying America's numbers are distinctly worse (they're in the lower half, but so are plenty of less regressive countries), but they're certainly not better. The hypothesis doesn't stand up to testing.

Bartholomert
23-01-2017, 04:46 AM
I'm just saying that if the US anti-family policies really do promote employment equality, then the US numbers should be measurably better than everyone else.

I'm not saying America's numbers are distinctly worse (they're in the lower half, but so are plenty of less regressive countries), but they're certainly not better. The hypothesis doesn't stand up to testing.

What numbers? America doesn't have a wage gap and often women are paid more than men with equal qualifications and experience. America has far less gender segregation in the workforce than Europe. All of this is also contextualized by the fact that American women are more conservative minded and more likely to stay at home or work part-time.

Jimmy Floyd
23-01-2017, 01:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38716714

First in front of the firing squad, please.

Lewis
23-01-2017, 01:15 PM
I wonder how much she has actually thought about it. I reckon she has had the maps out, but hasn't reached the explosives in the bath stage.

Pepe
23-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Heading back in a few hours. Hope the door isn't shut yet.

Magic
23-01-2017, 01:23 PM
It's nice to have the right feigning outrage for a change.

phonics
23-01-2017, 02:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2s6043WgAA1koe.jpg:large

Man of the people.

Jimmy Floyd
23-01-2017, 02:41 PM
All this time and I still don't know what either Medicaid or Medicare are, nor do I have any interest in finding out.

bruhnaldo
23-01-2017, 02:47 PM
All this time and I still don't know what either Medicaid or Medicare are

*gets excited to explain*

nor do I have any interest in finding out.

*has a sad*

Henry
23-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Is that based on the Ryan budget or what? There's certainly some tension between that and some of the infrastructure spending stuff that Trump has been going on about.

Magic
23-01-2017, 02:50 PM
All this time and I still don't know what either Medicaid or Medicare are, nor do I have any interest in finding out.

Aren't they energy drinks?

bruhnaldo
23-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Hang on, so if you have a kid on the Friday in America, you're back at your desk on the Monday?

We often confuse it for a civilised country.

If you have a kid on the Sunday night you're back at your desk on Monday, unless you can afford to take unpaid leave.

Like fuck are you... it's not like you can't use your PTO hours. Under the FMLA you're allowed 12 weeks of leave. You're covered under FMLA if you've worked for a year with the company. No one would really need to have the baby on a Friday and be back at work on a Sunday... I mean I guess unless they couldn't afford to have the baby they're having to begin with.

WHICH MIND YOU... The most expensive part of any pregnancy is the hospital care associated with the child... and here in the great STATE OF FLORIDA for example we will give full Medicaid benefits to any pregnant woman REGARDLESS IF SHE'S EVEN FROM THIS COUNTRY. If you're prego and you show up in America we will write off your charges at 100% under the state funded insurance plan that the taxpayers pay for. We call these instances "Emergency Medicaid".

So "you're welcome" potential mother ... since me, you, and the rest of the taxpayers will now probably have to support your offspring for the next 18-21 years since couldn't slip on a fucking condom. And even then, why should the cost of the pregnancy be put back onto the employer? It's not the employer's fault you couldn't use a condom. It's not the employer's fault you fucked some random guy who wants nothing to do with your pregnancy. It's not the employer's fault you thought he would stay with you if you got pregnant with his baby.

The left in this country has no time for planned pregnancies or planned families yet will go kicking and screaming because the Trump boys want to take away federal funding from Planned Parenthood, a private entity. Amazing. A private entity (poor companies!) should pay for unplanned pregnancies and the government should fund a private entity to help kill off unplanned pregnancies. If only there was something you could do to prevent having children... but also still have sex.... Maybe all of these government / private dollars should go into researching that.

Now mind you, given all of the free medical insurance the government will give any pregnant woman, it's not like these women sit and go "Damn, well I better go get a job cause this other shit is still pretty expensive!" No no no... they just apply for more benefits.

So what do we do? we give these same folks food stamp cards (paid thru the state) and WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) vouchers (paid thru the fed) so they don't have to pay a single cent for food. And on top of that, if you're really in such dire circumstances, they'll give you Section 8 housing. And if you STILL can't figure out how to take care of your child with the State giving you literally every single thing you and your child could possibly NEED, we, the taxpayers, have to fund even more programs to foster these children and hope that foster parents themselves will adopt the poor little fuckers.

So, to recap, through the fed/state govt... you can have your Medical, Food, and Housing all paid for.

Listen, I'm not saying it's a great system, it can certainly use some improvement, but this "aww poor girl just wanted to have a baby!!!" thing that's going on ITT is short-sighted.. There are so many programs for young mothers (not fathers, nobody gives a fuck about the fathers) in this country to help them with the cost of having children it's astounding that people would still complain.

Everyone wants a free ride and they want it under the guise of "my baby!" or "the government should pay for that!" My parents always wanted to have multiple children but they didn't, you know why, because they couldn't fucking afford it. Having a child is expensive. If you can't afford to have one, don't!

So no, nobody would have to have a baby on a Friday and go back to work on Sunday. That's an absurd evaluation.

The pay gap only exists if the genders do not receive equal pay for equal work.

But to be fair that certainly still happens but not at the rate the left would like you to think it does.

Bernanke
23-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Fucking hell. :D

John
23-01-2017, 03:39 PM
I like that your post starts with a strong statement of disagreement then by the end of the first paragraph you're making the same point I did.

niko_cee
23-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Are the exorbitant costs associated with medical care in the US all an elaborate insurance/tax scam? By that, I mean, does anyone, other than insurance companies (or the government) pay the 'full cost' (ie the actual bill) for healthcare, or is most of it written off so losses can be claimed and tax avoided etc?

phonics
23-01-2017, 03:58 PM
I don't even understand my own health insurance so I will avoid answering that question.

Lewis
23-01-2017, 04:00 PM
The Planned Parenthood 'issue' seems like the ideal test case for privatised socialism. Google informs me that it receives half a billion a year off the state. If everybody out marching stuck in a tenner, and if the likes of Madonna contributed according to her ability (arf), then you solve the problem.

phonics
23-01-2017, 04:04 PM
The other half a billion it got from private donations so isn't it already doing that?

bruhnaldo
23-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Are the exorbitant costs associated with medical care in the US all an elaborate insurance/tax scam? By that, I mean, does anyone, other than insurance companies (or the government) pay the 'full cost' (ie the actual bill) for healthcare, or is most of it written off so losses can be claimed and tax avoided etc?

The insurance companies don't even pay close to the full cost. They all have contracts with the facilities and most of it gets written off.

It's ALLLLL a huge tax scam / racket and I could spend days lamenting the entire thing but I'll save it for a rant in the "Jobs" thread when it comes up.

Edit: Actually I ranted pretty big about that in that big post I referred to when I was talking about voting for Trump i.e. Obamacare being a huge scam in case one is so inclined.

bruhnaldo
23-01-2017, 04:18 PM
I like that your post starts with a strong statement of disagreement then by the end of the first paragraph you're making the same point I did.

In fairness I only really saw those couple of posts before I got #TRIGGERED so if you made the same point later on or before I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Lewis
23-01-2017, 04:22 PM
The other half a billion it got from private donations so isn't it already doing that?

Most people could add whatever they save thanks to the yuuuge tax cuts/winning-induced riches coming their way, and Madonna could sell a house. Easy.

John
23-01-2017, 04:27 PM
In fairness I only really saw those couple of posts before I got #TRIGGERED so if you made the same point later on or before I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

At the end of the post you've quoted. If you can't afford to take unpaid leave, which will be the case for millions of people, you're back at your desk for the next working day.

Bartholomert
23-01-2017, 04:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2s6043WgAA1koe.jpg:large

Man of the people.

Yesssssssss :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bartholomert
23-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Like fuck are you... it's not like you can't use your PTO hours. Under the FMLA you're allowed 12 weeks of leave. You're covered under FMLA if you've worked for a year with the company. No one would really need to have the baby on a Friday and be back at work on a Sunday... I mean I guess unless they couldn't afford to have the baby they're having to begin with.

WHICH MIND YOU... The most expensive part of any pregnancy is the hospital care associated with the child... and here in the great STATE OF FLORIDA for example we will give full Medicaid benefits to any pregnant woman REGARDLESS IF SHE'S EVEN FROM THIS COUNTRY. If you're prego and you show up in America we will write off your charges at 100% under the state funded insurance plan that the taxpayers pay for. We call these instances "Emergency Medicaid".

So "you're welcome" potential mother ... since me, you, and the rest of the taxpayers will now probably have to support your offspring for the next 18-21 years since couldn't slip on a fucking condom. And even then, why should the cost of the pregnancy be put back onto the employer? It's not the employer's fault you couldn't use a condom. It's not the employer's fault you fucked some random guy who wants nothing to do with your pregnancy. It's not the employer's fault you thought he would stay with you if you got pregnant with his baby.

The left in this country has no time for planned pregnancies or planned families yet will go kicking and screaming because the Trump boys want to take away federal funding from Planned Parenthood, a private entity. Amazing. A private entity (poor companies!) should pay for unplanned pregnancies and the government should fund a private entity to help kill off unplanned pregnancies. If only there was something you could do to prevent having children... but also still have sex.... Maybe all of these government / private dollars should go into researching that.

Now mind you, given all of the free medical insurance the government will give any pregnant woman, it's not like these women sit and go "Damn, well I better go get a job cause this other shit is still pretty expensive!" No no no... they just apply for more benefits.

So what do we do? we give these same folks food stamp cards (paid thru the state) and WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) vouchers (paid thru the fed) so they don't have to pay a single cent for food. And on top of that, if you're really in such dire circumstances, they'll give you Section 8 housing. And if you STILL can't figure out how to take care of your child with the State giving you literally every single thing you and your child could possibly NEED, we, the taxpayers, have to fund even more programs to foster these children and hope that foster parents themselves will adopt the poor little fuckers.

So, to recap, through the fed/state govt... you can have your Medical, Food, and Housing all paid for.

Listen, I'm not saying it's a great system, it can certainly use some improvement, but this "aww poor girl just wanted to have a baby!!!" thing that's going on ITT is short-sighted.. There are so many programs for young mothers (not fathers, nobody gives a fuck about the fathers) in this country to help them with the cost of having children it's astounding that people would still complain.

Everyone wants a free ride and they want it under the guise of "my baby!" or "the government should pay for that!" My parents always wanted to have multiple children but they didn't, you know why, because they couldn't fucking afford it. Having a child is expensive. If you can't afford to have one, don't!

So no, nobody would have to have a baby on a Friday and go back to work on Sunday. That's an absurd evaluation.

But to be fair that certainly still happens but not at the rate the left would like you to think it does.

Too much logic, not sure Leftists can follow.

Jimmy Floyd
23-01-2017, 04:46 PM
You reckon he'd sell us Maine, for the right price?

Bartholomert
23-01-2017, 04:47 PM
The insurance companies don't even pay close to the full cost. They all have contracts with the facilities and most of it gets written off.

It's ALLLLL a huge tax scam / racket and I could spend days lamenting the entire thing but I'll save it for a rant in the "Jobs" thread when it comes up.

Edit: Actually I ranted pretty big about that in that big post I referred to when I was talking about voting for Trump i.e. Obamacare being a huge scam in case one is so inclined.

I'm taking a class on healthcare fraud...shit is OUTRAGEOUS.

Fun fact for the leftists, my teacher told me that to his knowledge, he has never come across any form of health care fraud involving private insurance, because it's so easy to defraud the government.

Bartholomert
23-01-2017, 04:48 PM
You reckon he'd sell us Maine, for the right price?

Naw they're white enough to flip Republican within the next few elections, so not worth. You can have the Central American Socialist State of California for free tho.

bruhnaldo
23-01-2017, 04:53 PM
At the end of the post you've quoted. If you can't afford to take unpaid leave, which will be the case for millions of people, you're back at your desk for the next working day.

But then I talked about how that isn't really true either because there's tons of programs that will assist new mothers.

In the sense that "If you choose to ignore the benefits offered to you from both the State and Federal level and want to talk solely about income earned" you're entirely right. You would hypothetically have to earn a living just like everyone else. But that's not realistic.

My point is more I don't see how it's fair to make an argument for an expansion of pregnancy benefits given by employers whilst ignoring entirely the vast amount of benefits already available to all expectant/new mothers regardless of income or working status.

Not saying that's what you're doing but in essence I feel that's where a lot of the argument comes from.

Jimmy Floyd
23-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Naw they're white enough to flip Republican within the next few elections, so not worth. You can have the Central American Socialist State of California for free tho.

Rhode Island and it's a deal.

bruhnaldo
23-01-2017, 04:59 PM
California is one of the most beautiful places on the planet and you want Rhode Island thrown in too?

Deal is off.

Raoul Duke
23-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Whenever US health care stuff comes up, I always think of this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/55qntw/i_had_to_pay_3935_to_hold_my_baby_after_he_was/

bruhnaldo
23-01-2017, 08:50 PM
That's the thing about it though. The hospital/facilities know they can charge extra for these things because most of it either A) gets written off entirely, B ) is a drop in the bucket to said insurance, or C ) "The State" will pay for it.

But also keep in mind, it probably did cost more for them to be able to do this in the OR after a C-Section.... with regards to supplies needed, maybe they needed extra clinical staff in the room to assist with such a process given the C-Section.

Nurses don't come cheap either!

Edit: You know I'd actually bet that this happens in a lot of countries but because patients never receive "itemized bills" like they would here they have no idea what the actual charges are or what these things actually cost.

leedsrevolution
23-01-2017, 09:09 PM
I genuinely couldn't imagine paying for healthcare. We really do take the NHS for granted here. I mean I pay like 20 quid once a year for dentist bills and I have the odd prescription at (what is it again?) 8 quid.

I was fuming a few years back when I had to pay 50 quid for some dental work.

Lewis
23-01-2017, 09:28 PM
The NHS probably gets about five grand of your taxes every year. How much is decent coverage in America?

Bartholomert
23-01-2017, 11:38 PM
I genuinely couldn't imagine paying for healthcare. We really do take the NHS for granted here. I mean I pay like 20 quid once a year for dentist bills and I have the odd prescription at (what is it again?) 8 quid.

I was fuming a few years back when I had to pay 50 quid for some dental work.

...you do pay for healthcare, the cost is just hidden from you so you don't complain. And let's see how wonderful you feel about the NHS if you get a serious illness requiring an extended hospital stay and state of the art treatments to overcome.

The NHS probably gets about five grand of your taxes every year. How much is decent coverage in America?

Average premiums and deductibles nationwide unsubsidized shoppers: Premiums for individual coverage averaged $321 per month while premiums for family plans averaged $833 per month.

https://resources.ehealthinsurance.com/affordable-care-act/much-health-insurance-cost-without-subsidy

Yevrah
24-01-2017, 12:05 AM
This is the 3rd most read story on BBC's website right now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38718306

I don't even...

Lewis
24-01-2017, 12:09 AM
He's the oldest-looking ten year old I've ever seen.

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 12:10 AM
This is the 3rd most read story on BBC's website right now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38718306

I don't even...

Lol at other countries obsessing over America

ItalAussie
24-01-2017, 02:19 AM
Lol at other countries obsessing over America

I kind of agree your sentiment, despite occasionally being guilty of it myself.

This election convinced me that I should think of US politics in the same way I think of, say, Japan or Russia. Largely foreign to me, with occasional moments of global influence.

ItalAussie
24-01-2017, 02:21 AM
This does sound like something out of 1984 though. :D

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country — and to renew the duties of Government to the people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

National Day of Patriotic Devotion. God. If you put that into fiction, people would claim it was overwrought. It's Kim Jong Il-type stuff.

The width of the Pacific Ocean makes this pretty funny, but if I was living through it then I'd be at least weirded out a little.

EDIT: Also a subtle move towards measuring time by the number of years since Independence. Is that a crack at a new Freedom Calendar? Or have they been doing that the whole time?

phonics
24-01-2017, 08:54 AM
It's Bannon. He's a nutter.

leedsrevolution
24-01-2017, 09:31 AM
...you do pay for healthcare, the cost is just hidden from you so you don't complain. And let's see how wonderful you feel about the NHS if you get a serious illness requiring an extended hospital stay and state of the art treatments to overcome.

Average premiums and deductibles nationwide unsubsidized shoppers: Premiums for individual coverage averaged $321 per month while premiums for family plans averaged $833 per month.

https://resources.ehealthinsurance.com/affordable-care-act/much-health-insurance-cost-without-subsidy

Well I have BUPA (private healthcare) through my employers, so that doesn't really matter.

Now I don't know anything about America but what happens if your born with a heart defect for example. Surely the insurance is going to be ridiculous? Or does it not work like that?

If it does, that's really the end of the argument and you can simply say NHS is better.

Jimmy Floyd
24-01-2017, 10:48 AM
EDIT: Also a subtle move towards measuring time by the number of years since Independence. Is that a crack at a new Freedom Calendar? Or have they been doing that the whole time?

We've already razed Washington once since year zero and I'm currently itching to double our tally.

phonics
24-01-2017, 11:08 AM
P.S. We haven't covered the actual Nazi demanding a safe space and creating a 'No Platform' agenda after he got punched in the face while explaining Pepe The Frog.

So good.

Lewis
24-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Which, if not lol enough, did you see the geezer that the internet reckons punched him? :cab:

phonics
24-01-2017, 12:09 PM
The shit-eating guy? Yeah they REVEALED him as Carl Diggler, a fake Twitter personality created by the guys over at Chapo Trap House. Fucking amazing.

Magic
24-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Not sure if srs but:

Diggler's life took a turn for the worse when his horribly-mistaken predictions for the 2016 US Presidential Election led to Cafe replacing him with Diggler superfan David "The Milk" Milkberg as their "Chief Politics Writer" [19] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Diggler#cite_note-19) at the site. On top of that, Diggler was evicted from his studio apartment and lost partial custody of Colby. Diggler has partially recovered by writing independent political analysis pieces and posting them on Medium, but his efforts to crowdfund his future journalism work have been hamstrung after he previously used crowdfunding sites to donate to Russian camgirls he met online and accidentally "donated several thousands of dollars to Hamas." [20] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Diggler#cite_note-20)

Lol Mahow.

phonics
24-01-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure you understand Magic. It's not a real person. It's a Twitter profile they use to make fun of centrist writers.

David 'The Milk' Milkberg is a play on Chris 'The Fix' Cilliza who refers to himself and his family as 'The Fix' 'Mrs. Fix' 'Fix Jr.' etc.

Magic
24-01-2017, 12:15 PM
I half read the Wiki page thinking it might be about the guy who played him.

The russian cam girl bit caught me eye. Any chance to have a pop at How.

phonics
24-01-2017, 12:16 PM
https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-12-love-that-ron-feat-virgiltexas-53016

For a full history of The Dig.

Magic
24-01-2017, 12:18 PM
No thanks, couldn't really give a toss about these satirical twats.

ItalAussie
24-01-2017, 01:07 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Captainamerica1.jpg

Punching Nazis is a long-standing American tradition. :D

bruhnaldo
24-01-2017, 02:17 PM
P.S. We haven't covered the actual Nazi demanding a safe space and creating a 'No Platform' agenda after he got punched in the face while explaining Pepe The Frog.

So good.

I'm such a huge fan of this guy getting punched in his face.

The remixes w/ added music on twitter have been terrific.

bruhnaldo
24-01-2017, 02:22 PM
We've already razed Washington once since year zero and I'm currently itching to double our tally.

Yes... Do it so Trump can rebuild it and in turn create thousands of American jobs.

Lewis
24-01-2017, 02:33 PM
It seems a bit daft for the left to want to establish the principle of street violence being alright if the victim deserved it because reasons. Let's follow that logic, and let's remember which side has all the guns.

bruhnaldo
24-01-2017, 02:53 PM
The left made that bed when they wouldn't outright condemn the rioting and looting going on across the country during those weekly "unnecessary murder of a crime suspect" episodes we were having.

Which isn't to say they didn't have a right to protest, that shit was all pretty awful, but they have a right to peaceful protest. Some of the protests remained peaceful, others become a battleground for ratings.

And when you basically encourage these other behaviors for ratings ... the destruction of buildings, looting of businesses, etc. etc. ... you can't just turn around and act like it's different because it doesn't primarily involve the murder of a black man + black people doing the rioting/protesting.

The last thing the left wants to do is piss off the black population and lose their vote. The democratic party would cease to exist in this country.

phonics
24-01-2017, 03:08 PM
'Police murdering innocent people is bad but the people who broke a window is also bad.'

Good take bruh. Good take.

I'm not sure how but this 'woke bruh' is somehow worse than the last persona he had.

Pepe
24-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Heading back in a few hours. Hope the door isn't shut yet.

I was detained for two hours in immigration, but I made it through.

bruhnaldo
24-01-2017, 04:20 PM
'Police murdering innocent people is bad but the people who broke a window is also bad.'

Good take bruh. Good take.

I'm not sure how but this 'woke bruh' is somehow worse than the last persona he had.

Not really close to a summary of the post but that's okay.

Spikey M
24-01-2017, 06:30 PM

In recent years I've had to deal with the NHS numerous times with family members needing treatment. On all occasions the treatment after hospitalisation has been very good. Operations well done, after care as you'd want. Surgeons, Dr's and Nurses all on top form.

The issue seems to be with ALL OF THE REST OF IT. GP's - shit, long delays, long waits for appointments. Tests - same story. Refferals - same story.

The NHS is bang in trouble and needs a lot of help.

That said, it's better than going bankrupt because you need an MRI scan.

randomlegend
24-01-2017, 06:51 PM
The US does well with it's figures on all the shiny "LOOK AT OUR BIG NEW EXPENSIVE SURGICAL CANCER TECHNIQUES" stuff because there is a huge amount of money to pay for it in that system.

It's things like long-term diabetes care which are basically third world. Not that it's good here (or anywhere as far as I understand) but theirs is a genuine disgrace.

Raoul Duke
24-01-2017, 07:51 PM
To be fair, about 80% of their population are massive bifters who spend their entire lives mainlining Coke and Cheetos. It's not surprising they get swamped by it a bit.

Disco
24-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Long term diabetes is just another way of saying late middle age over there.

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 08:54 PM

So good.

Yeah LOL at an American citizen wanting to not get assaulted for exercising his 1st Amendment Free Speech Rights. What a loser!! HAHA.

Boydy
24-01-2017, 08:55 PM
He's a fucking Nazi. Fuck him.

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 08:55 PM
The US does well with it's figures on all the shiny "LOOK AT OUR BIG NEW EXPENSIVE SURGICAL CANCER TECHNIQUES" stuff because there is a huge amount of money to pay for it in that system.

It's things like long-term diabetes care which are basically third world. Not that it's good here (or anywhere as far as I understand) but theirs is a genuine disgrace.

That's because we have more Black people who are all obese. Don't believe me or think it's racist? Look it up.

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 08:56 PM
He's a fucking Nazi. Fuck him.

Yeah that's not how free speech works. Opposing free speech is just as fascist as his views you massive hypocrite.

Magic
24-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Lol @ RL getting all uppity since we had a couple of diabetics outed on here. That's a disgrace.

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 09:01 PM
In recent years I've had to deal with the NHS numerous times with family members needing treatment. On all occasions the treatment after hospitalisation has been very good. Operations well done, after care as you'd want. Surgeons, Dr's and Nurses all on top form.

The issue seems to be with ALL OF THE REST OF IT. GP's - shit, long delays, long waits for appointments. Tests - same story. Refferals - same story.

The NHS is bang in trouble and needs a lot of help.

That said, it's better than going bankrupt because you need an MRI scan.

In America you can get appointments for any service you want the next day on state of the art equipment in comfortable surroundings with minimal wait and incredible medical malpractice protections. All you have to do is not be shitty and pay for insurance (which costs you less than the taxes you pay for the services in the UK).

randomlegend
24-01-2017, 09:05 PM
That's because we have more Black people who are all obese. Don't believe me or think it's racist? Look it up.

Like diabetes =/= only diabetes. It's the same with lots of chronic conditions.

Magic
24-01-2017, 09:05 PM
About 2.5million people don't pay tax in our country (not including the super rich ololol!).

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Well I have BUPA (private healthcare) through my employers, so that doesn't really matter.

Now I don't know anything about America but what happens if your born with a heart defect for example. Surely the insurance is going to be ridiculous? Or does it not work like that?

If it does, that's really the end of the argument and you can simply say NHS is better.

You're on your parents insurance, and then your employers insurance. But yes, that was a problem in the very limited instances where you were self-employed and made enough money not to be eligible for any government insurance while (Medicaid) also being too young to qualify for government assistance (Medicare). In this case you might not enough money to afford the insurance and/or the insurance companies would refuse to ensure you AND in this very limited scenario, if you had a catastrophic medical expense you would probably be bankrupt (although still treated). AND, even for these circumstances there were many many government programs / pro bono doctors to cover this gap in the market.

To summarize: You need to be 1) Self-employed; 2) Make enough money that you do not qualify for Medicaid; 3) Are too young to qualify for Medicare; 4) You have a pre-existing condition that is uninsurable (rare); 5) You choose not to participate in the myriad of public programs aimed at helping individuals such as yourself; 6) You have a catastrophic medical event which is treated, but subsequently you cannot afford it.

Were the cracks, yes, but overall it wasn't a bad system. The vast vast majority of Americans could afford and accessed very high quality medical care.

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 09:08 PM
Like diabetes =/= only diabetes. It's the same with lots of chronic conditions.

It's because we are too rich and buy too much delicious food. Not because anything is wrong with our health system.

Magic
24-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Don't listen to RL Merty. He thinks a couple of headaches every few months is a chronic condition. :harold:

phonics
24-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Yeah that's not how free speech works. Opposing free speech is just as fascist as his views you massive hypocrite.

Free speech protects you from the Government not the people. A writer for SNL was fired yesterday after making a Trump joke on Twitter. Is that free speech? Words have repercussions.

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Free speech protects you from the Government not the people.

Yeah and the Government upholds rule of law. Assault is illegal. Idiot.

phonics
24-01-2017, 09:36 PM
They should feel free to arrest him. Doesn't mean I can't approve of it. I believe you approved of people being stabbed for burning a Turkish flag at one point.

Shindig
24-01-2017, 09:39 PM
They should feel free to arrest him. Doesn't mean I can't approve of it. I believe you approved of people being stabbed for burning a Turkish flag at one point.

"You wot mate? I'm no effnick Turk."

Bartholomert
24-01-2017, 09:51 PM

No. I never 'approved' of it, I simply understood the emotions behind the action and public perception given the cultural context and significance of the flag.

ItalAussie
24-01-2017, 10:29 PM
It seems a bit daft for the left to want to establish the principle of street violence being alright if the victim deserved it because reasons. Let's follow that logic, and let's remember which side has all the guns.

Do we actually have to say "you shouldn't punch people in public, no matter how much of a dick they are"? Everyone knows that. It's implied.

Doesn't mean it isn't funny when bad things happen to bad people. And we can all agree (I think - it's a strange new world, though) that Nazis are bad people.

Lewis
24-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Quite a lot of people seem to have missed that one (and were missing it when the black folks were smashing their own neighbourhoods up). I suppose it's to be expected the way they pepper all of their statements with militaristic wank. Mobilise. Resist. Smash. Occupy. You tipped a bin over, Albert Jacka. Go home.

Pepe
24-01-2017, 10:47 PM
It's because we are too rich and buy too much delicious food. Not because anything is wrong with our health system.

Lol.

Shindig
25-01-2017, 06:39 AM
American earnings average $50,000 a year with $15,750 of that likely to go on healthcare coverage. 36% of americans are obese. 5% morbidly obese. Apparently the UK is twice that which maybe just means we have different criteria for obesity. Or Scotland is really fucked.