PDA

View Full Version : Why don't men and women compete against each other in sports like darts?

Offshore Toon
02-01-2016, 01:58 PM
I don't see how there's a physical advantage for men, so why bother separating them? Is it purely because the women wouldn't get a look in? Because if so, why are we propping women up in society to make them feel equal? We might as well start giving dogs GCSEs so they don't feel left out in that case.

Giggles
02-01-2016, 02:00 PM
I think it's mainly because far fewer women play so there's not going to be the same standard among them.

Offshore Toon
02-01-2016, 02:04 PM
But those women can play with men, so its not like they're being held back by struggling to get a team together.

Offshore Toon
02-01-2016, 02:05 PM
The commentator just said that Ashton should be playing in the men's tournament. I might start a petition to get this brought up in parliament.

Giggles
02-01-2016, 02:06 PM
But those women can play with men, so its not like they're being held back by struggling to get a team together.

It's a chicken and egg thing. They'd only get to higher levels by playing long term with men, but they don't get to because they're not high enough standard now.
It'd be a long term thing if it were to happen and what you need is one exceptionally talented woman to get the ball rolling.
Same applies to snooker.

Reg
02-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Darts is blokey pub culture, but chess could be men and women (it's not at the moment, as far as I know).

Lewis
02-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Phil Taylor might grope them.

Offshore Toon
02-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Darts is blokey pub culture, but chess could be men and women (it's not at the moment, as far as I know).
These women clearly came from a blokey pub culture as well. I don't believe that in pubs you'd have a woman put her name up on the board, then wait around for a few hours for another woman to walk up and put her name up.

Boydy
02-01-2016, 02:16 PM
The men's fragile egos couldn't handle getting beaten by women.

Toby
02-01-2016, 02:17 PM

Women can compete in major chess tournaments. There are women's titles that some take part in, but the top players have generally refused.

That said, only Judit Polgar has actually qualified for a World Championship tournament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judit_Polg%C3%A1r

Dark Soldier
02-01-2016, 02:19 PM
One lass did play with the blokes. She did the sum total of fuck all:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_Dobromyslova#Career

CJay
02-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Did that woman (can't remember her name) play with men in Golf? Or was that just talk that she could?

Jimmy Floyd
02-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Horsey equestrian is done equally by women and men (and you'd think there'd be more of a physical element in that). Plenty of women seem to win at it, too.

Jimmy Floyd
02-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Did that woman (can't remember her name) play with men in Golf? Or was that just talk that she could?

Various women have played as guests in men's tour events but I don't think any have made the cut. They just don't hit the ball far enough.

Giggles
02-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Horsey equestrian is done equally by women and men (and you'd think there'd be more of a physical element in that). Plenty of women seem to win at it, too.

That's something where there are as many women as men involved from an early age though.

Disco
02-01-2016, 02:48 PM
There's been a couple of women on the main snooker tour over the years, one of them beat John Higgins a few years ago (he probably built a new extension off the back of that one).

Equestrianism and motor racing are the only mainstream sports I can think of where separate divisions just don't exist.

mugbull
02-01-2016, 02:50 PM
It's a little known fact, but women actually lack any sort of bones or connective fibers in their forearms; from the elbow down, it's just blood and muscle fibers. This puts them at a disadvantage in darts and is also the reason they flap their arms around so much when they walk. It therefore makes sense that the sport is divided along gender lines.

Disco
02-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Something something your mum.

Pepe
02-01-2016, 04:09 PM
The LADS couldn't handle being EMBARRASSED by some lass.

Manc
02-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Wimmin*

John Arne
02-01-2016, 05:00 PM
I'm sure that technically darts (at least PDC) events are mixed events, it's just that women very rarely qualify, though there are also women only events. I think it may be the same for snooker, too, though not entirely sure.

Jimmy Floyd
02-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Football should be changed so that each side has to have minimum 5 of each gender on the pitch. Maybe three under 18s and three over 60s as well.

Bartholomert
02-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Because women could never compete and it would be an embarrassing display of male superiority that could not be explained away. None of the center-left mainstream media outlets want to bring attention to such gender disparities because of the obvious conflict with the prevailing liberal narrative.

John Arne
02-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Fucking hell. Only Mert could make this a left-right thing. Fuck of, you boring twat.

Boydy
02-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Fucking hell. Only Mert could make this a left-right thing. Fuck of, you boring twat.

Now he replies with 'Sorry for telling the truth, you pussy ass liberal' or some such and it all keeps going. Well done.

Shindig
02-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Has something like this happened in Snooker?

Yevrah
02-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Has something like this happened in Snooker?

It has and it still can, the women just aren't very good compared to the men. There's only one who'd stand a chance and she's tried and couldn't cut it.

Jimmy Floyd
02-01-2016, 10:30 PM
There are some women who have done reasonably well in motor racing without ever cracking the absolute top level. Lella Lombardi probably wins for scoring an F1 point, or half of one, or something. Danica Patrick has done well in Formula Cheeseburger but I'm never really sure how legit that stuff is post CART.

Yevrah
02-01-2016, 10:32 PM
A womans has scored a point in F1? :cab:

Must be the most male dominated gig going, no?

Shindig
02-01-2016, 10:35 PM
They've got some decent representation in DTM.

Giggles
02-01-2016, 10:37 PM
When was there a woman in an F1 race?

Shindig
02-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Giovanna Amati was the last competitive one in 1992. Suzi Wolff had the test rider gig at Williams until she packed in at the end of this season. Lotus had Carmen Jorda testing for them as well.

Jimmy Floyd
02-01-2016, 11:01 PM
A womans has scored a point in F1? :cab:

Must be the most male dominated gig going, no?

It was also in the 70s, the most macho era thereof. She managed 12 starts with best finishes 6th and 7th, not a bad effort at all.

Lewis
02-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Stirling Moss' sister could drive, and that bird came second in the rally death racing (albeit in one of those lol Audi Quattros which a competent bloke would have coasted the title in).

Shindig
02-01-2016, 11:43 PM
Ah, Jutta Kleinschmitt. I knew it was either the Dakar or Le Mans she played a blinder in. Coincidentally, some Japanese lass landed a 15th place in Le Mans recent-ish-ly.

igor_balis
02-01-2016, 11:46 PM
I played football at school sometimes with a girl who played in the women's fa cup final this year and she was nowhere near the best player. That is enough evidence for me.

Disco
03-01-2016, 12:03 AM
Stirling Moss' sister could drive, and that bird came second in the rally death racing (albeit in one of those lol Audi Quattros which a competent bloke would have coasted the title in).

Michele Mouton, she finished second that year.

Shindig
03-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Kleinsmidt won the thing 14 years back.

Pepe
03-01-2016, 12:53 AM
Football should be changed so that each side has to have minimum 5 of each gender on the pitch.

I wonder what the best strategy would be. As in, where would you play the (obviously inferior) females and what type of formation should be used to make up for the deficiencies. Imagine the brave team that decides to field a female keeper. :drool:

Vim
03-01-2016, 01:50 AM
I reckon you'd have half the teams lining up with men at the back and at the front and just lump it forward, then your Barcelonas with all the men in midfield.

Angelsaint
03-01-2016, 12:01 PM
In Norway we have girls playing with guys till 16 I think in football . They suck but also many guys.

Andrew
03-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Women get fat differently don't they, it's all about the beer belly in darts. Without it you're rubbish.

Jimmy Floyd
03-01-2016, 11:04 PM
I played against a woman in a league cricket match the year before last. She was fucking dreadful (though had a legit Surrey shirt on which doesn't bode well for the standard of women's cricket). First ball I watched by, and it was just floaty shit, so second ball I walked down the track and twatted her over her head. Third ball was a full toss which got whacked for four, at which point I chivalrously declared the innings.

Her day was compounded when she whinged because we didn't have a women only changing room at our rubbish hired council pitch, so the whole of her team had to leave while she changed, and then go back in again. Comedy gold.

Angelsaint
04-01-2016, 06:12 AM
Don't want to sound all " ol 'saint is back" but I have to ask...was she fit?

igor_balis
04-01-2016, 06:56 AM
There's always korfball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA1BRhwo70M

Foe
04-01-2016, 08:43 AM
A new guy at my work plays that and was trying to explain what it was. I still have no idea other than "you probably just play netball".

Charlie
04-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Speaking of netball, I had a friend at primary school who loved netball and was good at it. He wanted to play for the school team but wasn't allowed because he was a boy. The trouble his mum made about it was great, especially because every other sports team could be boys and girls.

Mazuuurk
04-01-2016, 12:32 PM
One lass did play with the blokes. She did the sum total of fuck all

what a slut

Henry
04-01-2016, 08:53 PM
I've often wondered this, and I'm not really satisfied with the answers herein. Perhaps it has something to do with women being better at multi-tasking, but men having more focus.

Yevrah
04-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Surely it's to do with the numbers that play the game and when those numbers started playing.

More men play snooker than women and they've been playing for longer, which, in theory, should drive the standard up. Ergo, when women try and play snooker against men they're just not getting away with any of the poorer shots they would if they were playing another women because the standard's so much higher.

It's sort of born out in (Men's) snooker when you look at the Asian game. Non-existant (bar the outlier James Wattana) for years, but even now, after 10 years+ of it being a very popular sport over there they still can't produce a World champion and Ding, probably the best ever Asian player, can't cope when he comes up against an established pro who turns it on. Which to my money is because he just didn't have to face competition of that standard when he was younger.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Stumbled across the BDO one while looking for Wheeler Dealers repeats and it looks like the mixed draw has happened anyway. Offy ahead of his time.

SincereTheRebel
06-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Now Mayweather is back on his exhibition mode. He needs to go over to WWF and start flame again with Rousey Rounday.

Disco
06-01-2019, 03:45 PM
They don't do intergender either so it would be a bit of a waste, he should come back and break Big Shows nose again.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 04:25 PM
I'd rather he broke Baroque's nose.

Offshore Toon
06-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Stumbled across the BDO one while looking for Wheeler Dealers repeats and it looks like the mixed draw has happened anyway. Offy ahead of his time.
I really am.

Lewis
06-01-2019, 07:54 PM
That tranny cyclist getting all defensive about winning some competition was lol. Their argument was basically 'if I have inherent physical advantages, how come I lose loads of other races?' Because you aren't actually any good. You just have inherent physical advantages.

Pepe
06-01-2019, 08:37 PM
That tranny cyclist getting all defensive about winning some competition was lol. Their argument was basically 'if I have inherent physical advantages, how come I lose loads of other races?' Because you aren't actually any good. You just have inherent physical advantages.

Saying that being able to compete in the women's field was a human right was the lollest of it all.

Shindig
06-01-2019, 08:44 PM
In her response, she leans heavily into the whole suppression of hormones, too. Her body's always going to be trying to produce testosterone.

SincereTheRebel
06-01-2019, 08:46 PM
They don't do intergender either so it would be a bit of a waste, he should come back and break Big Shows nose again.

Hold on. I seem to remember Stephanie McMann getting that work from The Rock and Stone Cold on multiple occasions. Has all that male on female entertainment stopped now? Given the climate we now live in as male and female are now more equal than ever. If it has stopped, it would be perfectly to bring it back.

Shindig
07-01-2019, 07:36 AM
Violence towards women was seen as crass and was axed probably around the PG-era starting.

Queenslander
07-01-2019, 07:44 AM
Because woman are also mentally weak as well.

Disco
07-01-2019, 08:49 AM
They still never really did inter gender matches, they had Chyna do one or two but they were heavily scaled back (mainly because she couldn't actually wrestle).

SincereTheRebel
07-01-2019, 09:50 AM
It is all for entertainment. I wonder is movies will soon be affected where you cant act out certain scenes or say certain lines becuase of all this nonsense.

Queenslander
07-01-2019, 09:58 AM
It is all for entertainment. I wonder is movies will soon be affected where you cant act out certain scenes or say certain lines becuase of all this nonsense.

Politicising entertainment and enjoying our politics as entertainment.

Giggles
27-12-2019, 07:36 PM
I don't see how there's a physical advantage for men, so why bother separating them? Is it purely because the women wouldn't get a look in? Because if so, why are we propping women up in society to make them feel equal? We might as well start giving dogs GCSEs so they don't feel left out in that case.

I only found this when searching for another darts thread. All it took was one bint winning a game for it to become the what seems like the most popular sport on the planet. 80% of Twitter are watching it now.

Lewis
27-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Phil Taylor might grope them.

I was right. It's too much of a coincidence that it only happens after he finally fucks off.

Yaysus
29-12-2019, 02:12 PM
I don't see how there's a physical advantage for men, so why bother separating them?

:happycry: