PDA

View Full Version : Festive WDYTOE

Pages : [1] 2

mugbull
28-12-2015, 10:26 PM
We're all bored as fuck for the next week at least, let's do this.

7om
AD
Adam
Adamski
AE
Alan Shearer 2nd
Alex
Alex Ferguson
Amigo
Andy
Angelsaint
Bam
Baz
Benny
Bernanke
Bob Sacamano
Boom Boom
Boydy
Browning
Byron
Charlie
Chrissy
CJay
Cord
Dan
Danny
Dark Soldier
Davgooner
DC
Demerit
Dino
Disco
Dquincy
elth
Foe
Giggles
Gray Fox
GS
Hammer
Henry
hfswjyr
Ian
igor_balis
ItalAussie
Jeet
Jimmy Floyd
John
John Arne
Josh
Kiko
Lee
leedsrevolution
Lewis
Luca
Luke Emia
Magic
Mahow
Manc
Max Power
Mazuuurk
Mellberg
Mike
mokbull
Multi
Nick
niko_cee
Panda Bear
Pen
Pepe
phonics
Pleb
P_3
randomlegend
Raoul Duke
Reg
Sam
Samadini
ScousePig
Shindig
Simon
SincereTheRebel
Spoonsky
SvN
TG09
The Bruce
The Merse
TimmSmiff
Toby
Vim
Waffdon
Weaver
Wullie
Yevrah

Lists:
igor_balis (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?754-Festive-WDYTOE&p=45852&viewfull=1#post45852)
leedsrevolution (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?754-Festive-WDYTOE&p=45868&viewfull=1#post45868)
mokbull (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?754-Festive-WDYTOE&p=45929&viewfull=1#post45929)
John (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?754-Festive-WDYTOE&p=45987&viewfull=1#post45987)
Giggles (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?754-Festive-WDYTOE&p=46017&viewfull=1#post46017)

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-12-2015, 10:27 PM
It's too early.

Ian
28-12-2015, 10:28 PM
We had a WDYTOE 6 months ago. What we need is awards.

mugbull
28-12-2015, 10:30 PM
if we leave it until after holidays nobody will have time to do it. we're not all unemployed :fun:

Pepe
Awards season you useless twat.

mugbull
:fun:

Pepe
28-12-2015, 10:32 PM
:rave:

Giggles
28-12-2015, 10:40 PM
With people being off and having free time it's really the best time to do it. Any other time and people don't have the time to bother.

phonics
28-12-2015, 10:45 PM
GS abandoning the awards is probably Corbyns fault.

Boydy
28-12-2015, 10:45 PM
There should be a rule for WDYTOE that if you're going to start one, you have to do a list for the OP.

Boydy
28-12-2015, 10:46 PM
GS abandoning the awards is probably Corbyns fault.

I wonder what's going on in GS's life that he posts so little now. Maybe he's found a wife. Or maybe he's just reading more books about Napoleon and Churchill.

Magic
28-12-2015, 10:48 PM
He's become the lazy, bitter polar opposite of Henry.

phonics
I genuinely think that the breadth of topics he cares about is so small that he's already said everything he'll ever say. Twice. Only updates we get is how he's being ignored/avoided at work.

Giggles
I wonder what's going on in GS's life that he posts so little now. Maybe he's found a wife. Or maybe he's just reading more books about Napoleon and Churchill.

I'm betting on gone into politics/terrorism or has gone knee deep into the church.

Pepe
Probably his newfound love for his work.

Baz
28-12-2015, 10:49 PM
I'll probably do one on my phone when I'm drunk and bored over the next few days.

It's been a while so don't know you all, but I'm sure I have a bit of an opinion on the majority of you lot to make it worthwhile.

randomlegend
28-12-2015, 11:13 PM
There should be a rule for WDYTOE that if you're going to start one, you have to do a list for the OP.

Not doing so should be bannable.

Giggles
28-12-2015, 11:17 PM
And anyone commenting on it without posting one.

randomlegend
28-12-2015, 11:20 PM
It'd make for a pretty shit thread if it was all lists and no chimpouts.

Giggles
28-12-2015, 11:22 PM
It'd make for a pretty shit thread if it was all lists and no chimpouts.

Speaking of which, everyone needs to include TazDon as it may be enough for a return chimpout. He still has the most epic one of all under his belt.

Lewis
28-12-2015, 11:24 PM
He's become the lazy, bitter polar opposite of Henry.

Good Christmas, mate?

Lewis
28-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Magic - My favourite poster.

mugbull
28-12-2015, 11:29 PM
TTH would be a solid 20-25% more enjoyable if Taz were still around. Most important member on the old board imo

Baz
28-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Yeah, Taz is awesome.

Offshore Toon needs to post more too.

mugbull
28-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Pretty sure he never rejoined. Probably for the best, the man's whole facial hair thing was a disgrace

Giggles
28-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Pretty sure he never rejoined. Probably for the best, the man's whole facial hair thing was a disgrace

He was here as Don for a brief spell.

Boydy
28-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Taz is/was good but he was hardly the most important member or even made the place 20-25% better.

Waffdon
28-12-2015, 11:45 PM

It really was.

Magic really is the baws. I'm probably the best tho

Giggles
28-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Taz is/was good but he was hardly the most important member or even made the place 20-25% better.

He definitely made the football stuff more entertaining. I'd be on the 25% overall thinking too.

It really was.

Magic really is the baws. I'm probably the best tho

He is good value, right cunt and all that he can be. That's part of the charm though.

You're comfortably bottom 5. Maybe 10.

Samadini
29-12-2015, 12:00 AM
I reckon Taz made the place 4-7% better.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 12:01 AM
I'm upping to 25.43% having had a long think.

Reg
29-12-2015, 12:07 AM
My list:

Taz: made the place 9.6% better.

Lewis
29-12-2015, 12:16 AM
He was here as Don for a brief spell.

Is it right that his 'Gash' made him leave us?

Spoonsky
29-12-2015, 12:17 AM
Whenever I think about Taz I remember the ordeal he went through trying to abstain from wanking and imagine that it's probably similar for TTH, but then it's been three months and he still hasn't cracked. I'd say 20%.

I reckon he left his 'gash' and had a meltdown from which he's probably still recovering.

Ian
29-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Is it right that his 'Gash' made him leave us?

He reckoned he'd been thinking of a break anyway, didn't he?

So I'd put that as almost certainly yes. The "Gash" who definitely, 110% was not the boss of him.

GS
29-12-2015, 03:39 AM
There are two reasons why I post less frequently than I have previously:

1) I've been away constantly with work, so haven't had a huge amount of free time over the last few months - particularly during the week. That which I do have I am hesitant to 'waste' on here.

2) Everybody knows what everybody else thinks about everything. There is very little worth commenting on, particularly now the initial interest in the new board has passed to generate activity. I read, but I rarely feel the need to make a contribution.

I'm sure you'll all struggle on in my absence, such as it is. On the subject of the awards, I've done them for years and people were complaining that they wanted something different. I won't be doing it this year, because it's a lot of effort and most people don't even have the decency to a) vote before a massive RUSH at the end whenever it becomes clear there would be no point in continuing otherwise and b) to put it into a useable format to save me wasting my time having to correct it all. An awards season would be good, but I won't be doing it.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Well this all went well.

Lewis
29-12-2015, 12:15 PM
All I read in that GS post was 'I haven't got any banter'. Fair enough.

Boydy
29-12-2015, 12:25 PM
There are two reasons why I post less frequently than I have previously:

1) I've been away constantly with work, so haven't had a huge amount of free time over the last few months - particularly during the week. That which I do have I am hesitant to 'waste' on here.

2) Everybody knows what everybody else thinks about everything. There is very little worth commenting on, particularly now the initial interest in the new board has passed to generate activity. I read, but I rarely feel the need to make a contribution.

I'm sure you'll all struggle on in my absence, such as it is. On the subject of the awards, I've done them for years and people were complaining that they wanted something different. I won't be doing it this year, because it's a lot of effort and most people don't even have the decency to a) vote before a massive RUSH at the end whenever it becomes clear there would be no point in continuing otherwise and b) to put it into a useable format to save me wasting my time having to correct it all. An awards season would be good, but I won't be doing it.

What do you do with your evenings when you're away with work?

ScousePig
29-12-2015, 12:30 PM
TTH would be a solid 20-25% more enjoyable if Taz were still around. Most important member on the old board imo

You talk a fair bit of nonsense, but you've outdone yourself here.

GS
29-12-2015, 01:40 PM
What do you do with your evenings when you're away with work?

Go for dinner / 'drinks' with the people I'm working with (who I get on well with) or my mates who already live there. I've been in Dublin and London for the last four months, so fortunately I've had both.

Magic
29-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Ah, so the 'S' stands for 'Socialite'.

GS
29-12-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't stay in Premier Inns either, so even if I did decide to mope about my hotel I could probably pass the time more productively than on here.

BANTER, lads. I don't have any.

John
29-12-2015, 01:48 PM
It'll be good fun reading back through all these oddly snide Magic posts when he's dressed as Batman on the roof of Caird Hall.

Mellberg
29-12-2015, 01:51 PM
You're letting the side down, GS.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 02:02 PM
GS in Dublin. Has to be undercover work for another '74.

So, anyone doing a list or is this binned. Funked if I'm even bothering starting if nobody else is.

igor_balis
29-12-2015, 02:12 PM
After deriding WDYTOE as being completely bizarre, I'm willing to make a pathetic U-turn and do my own list. This lady is for turning.

Magic
29-12-2015, 02:15 PM
It'll be a lot easier given our community has shrunk even further.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 02:26 PM
It'll be a lot easier given our community has shrunk even further.

Has it really shrunk though? As quiet as this gets it's still far better than TD was during its last year.

mugbull
29-12-2015, 04:03 PM
It's definitely shrunk members-wise, but it probably hasn't changed much posts-wise.

I'm drafting a list. This is so fucking tedious, I only really have opinions on two dozen people. Even then I don't have the dedication to write something about 30 people. Somebody else fuckin join me yeah?

Magic
29-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Can we have the actual list of members (ACTIVE) in the OP please.

mugbull
29-12-2015, 04:05 PM
I spent 20 fucking minutes compiling the list in the OP so you're gonna use it and you better not complain you shit

Magic
29-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Didn't see it. :thbup:

Giggles
29-12-2015, 04:08 PM
It's definitely shrunk members-wise, but it probably hasn't changed much posts-wise.

I'm drafting a list. This is so fucking tedious, I only really have opinions on two dozen people. Even then I don't have the dedication to write something about 30 people. Somebody else fuckin join me yeah?

If someone would even do a proper list of posters I'd have it half done already.

EDIT: Ah, didn't see the second page.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-12-2015, 04:17 PM
You love me though, right mokkers? :)

Magic
29-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Adam
Adamski
AE
Bam
Dan
Demerit
elth
GS
Josh
Luke Emia
Multi
Nick
Panda Bear
SincereTheRebel
The Bruce

Do these lot even post that much to warrant an entry? Yes I am including you in that GS. #clawsoot

mugbull
29-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Yee, just keep those that you want. I'm only using like a quarter of that entire list. If youre autistic you can go through the whole list and weigh the comparative qualities of Adam and Adamski, whoever those are, but you really shouldn't.

Pepe
29-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Let's just rank everyone fromthe best to worst. Should generate some chimpouts.

Magic
29-12-2015, 04:45 PM
A technique reserved purely for lazy shitcunts with a complete lack of epigrammatic style.

Pepe
29-12-2015, 04:52 PM
How's your list coming along?

Magic
29-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Pepe - 0.5

So far.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Is that a 0.5 or are you really hitting him hard and it's actually a minus?

Dquincy
29-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Is that a 0.5 or are you really hitting him hard and it's actually a minus?

What's it out of?

Giggles
29-12-2015, 05:07 PM
It's Pepe so I'd imagine it's out of 100.

Dquincy
29-12-2015, 05:11 PM
It's Pepe so I'd imagine it's out of 100.

Do we not like Pepe? Is he a jerk?

Giggles
29-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Do we not like Pepe? Is he a jerk?

Ah he's ok really. Just a bit of a smartarse tosser.

Boydy
29-12-2015, 05:13 PM

That sums up the entire board, really.

Magic
29-12-2015, 05:13 PM
He's 0.5 out of 0.4.

:wub:

Dquincy
29-12-2015, 05:16 PM

:D Made me smile.

mugbull
29-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Really? Why'd that make you smile?

Manc
29-12-2015, 05:21 PM
I'll get a list going over the weekend. Fresh opinions and whatnot.

Dquincy
29-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Really? Why'd that make you smile?

Looks like we have another smartarse tosser.

It was because he both accepted him (sort of) and insulted him in a single post. Trust that clarifies.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 05:31 PM

It was because he both accepted him (sort of) and insulted him in a single post. Trust that clarifies.

Mokbull is only questioning you as for some reason of late he's decided to pretend he has a pair and has got all mouthy. Not so much smartarse and more tosser. I should really be saving this for my lists.

mugbull
29-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Well, I'm glad this thread has been generating discussion. My list will drop in about 4 hours. Have to leave you all in suspense mode for a bit, that's rule 1 of marketing a successful product

Pepe
29-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Pepe - 0.5

So far.

I said ranking, not ratings.

He's 0.5 out of 0.4.

:wub:

:gay:

Not so much smartarse and more tosser.

:D

Boydy
29-12-2015, 06:14 PM
I am excited for the mokbull™ list. #mokbullwdytoe

Charlie
29-12-2015, 06:18 PM
No lists yet? You're all shit.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Mokbull. The BRAND.

Byron
29-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Can't wait for Mok 'Mokkers' Bull's list,

Dquincy
29-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Moski, where's your list?

igor_balis
29-12-2015, 07:44 PM
7om - I made an unnecessarily snarky comment about the big bang theory which i think fucked him off for a while, but i think we're okay now. seems a good lad, has good taste in wrestling podcasts.
AE - Positive, driven and self-confident, which makes him a good foil to the rest of us cynical pricks.
Angelsaint - He'd already been banished for ages when I rocked up on the old board, and I never understood why he'd been banned. I understand now.
Baz - Funny fucker, only just discovered the Liverpool nightclub photos which made me fucking wet myself. Bit of a weirdo but definitely in a good way.
Boydy - One of my faves, one of the smartest people on here.
Charlie - Seems fairly insane but always good value as a poster. Love reading about his bizarre life.
Chrissy - One of the nicest guys on here, hope you become a world famous stand-up.
Cord - Dry sense of humour, always imagine him rolling his eyes as he types his posts.
Dark Soldier - One of the good guys, wish he'd post more.
Davgooner - Seems like a decent bloke, one day we'll get a pint of carling at the Midas lounge at 3am.
Disco - Funny guy.
Dquincy - Good poster, seems like a bit of an oddball.
Giggles - Used to think he was just a miserable bastard, but he's actually a pretty funny guy. Reverse snob though, and takes pride in being a philistine. His angry outbursts always make me laugh.
GS - His outlook on life and opinions on pretty much everything are the opposite to mine, but his quality of posting makes it hard to dislike him. Surprisingly funny as well, which isn't meant as backhanded as it sounds. Deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award for all the effort he's put into this place over the years.
Hammer - Utterly bizarre lifestyle and I love him for it. Goes to bondage clubs so we don't have to.
Henry - Moody like John, but more weird and less angry.
Ian - The nicest man on the internet, and one of the very best posters we have. The whole place would be a lot more miserable without the likes of Ian.
igor_balis - cunt
ItalAussie - I'm a big fan, he can rip people apart using pure logic and rationality without coming across as anything but a top bloke.
Jeet - His posts read like a poorly translated content-aggregator twitter page. Wouldn't be surprised if Jeet was revealed to be a badly made computer algorithm.
Jimmy Floyd - I bloody love Jimmy. Disagree with him about pretty much everything, but I don't really care. Every post is worth reading, and he is easily my most valued source of cricket analysis and news. Should have a column in the Telegraph or something.
John - Used to think he had a kind of vendetta against me, until I realised he was just a moody bastard to everyone. Having someone like John to 'call a spade a spade' and take someone down a peg or two when they're acting the cunt is absolutely essential, and he's probably the best admin/mod on any forum I go on. Sometimes he's just being argumentative for no reason though, and needs to calm the fuck down and stop using this place as his punching bag. Take up boxercise or something. You can't just say 'look at the seethe! :D' whenever someone rightfully calls you out for it. Thinking you're the only smart person in a world full of idiots says more about you than everyone else.
Kiko - Good guy, big LVG fan.
Lee - Very good poster, always enjoy reading about his work and relationship troubles. Which makes me sound like a total sociopath but you know what I mean. KUTGW
leedsrevolution - Top bloke, would love to go for a pint with him. Part of the 'looking like the lead singer of Keane' trio with me and Hammer.
Lewis - He is funny as fuck, but also a bit of a wanker. All of his jokes are the expense of other people, and he has the vibe of a school bully. That stuff works on a message board, but stops working in real life after the age of about 16. I guess that explains why he has so much invested in this place (which is more than he'd be willing to admit, I'm sure). I'll also refer Lewis to what I said to John about thinking you're the only smart person in a world full of idiots.
Luke Emia - I still laugh at the brazen offensiveness of his username.
Magic - Easily my favourite poster. I'm sure he'll be delighted that what makes me think he's so great is the combination of his outlandish gross-out humour with a sort of bleak vulnerability. Reading about his life is like reading episode synopses of a particularly gloomy sitcom.
Mahow - Absolute stalwart of the board, part of the furniture. The camgirl stuff was more worrying than funny though, regardless of whether it was real or not.
Max Power - Always very good in the cricket thread.
mokbull - Mad bastard but always good value.
Pepe - A good poster but he seemed to go through a phase of only ever posting snarky, 5 word posts.
phonics - Our saviour.
Pleb - I love the weirdo. #plebrolled
Reg - Underrated poster, very good on football and an all-round nice guy. Enjoyed playing the draft thing with him on fm as well.
Sam - Big fan, always a bit creeped out by weird similarities we share which probably aren't that weird really. Both of gypsy origins, both called sam, both love trailer park boys and frank sidebottom. Shame he's a dingle but nobody's perfect.
ScousePig - Sunderland fan, seems a bit of a grump but a funny one.
Shindig - Shindig from the dugout. Responsible for the best ever moment in the board's history. Consistently funny poster in general as well.
Simon - Good guy, though I don't know much about him. Did he go to play poker in Malta or something?
Spoonsky - I really like Spoon, he's quite unlike anyone else on here which I think is important for the place. I like to think we've been a pretty good influence on him as well. Used to try a bit too hard to fit in, but he was about 12 so that's quite alright. Always find his posts interesting.
SvN - Good consistent poster, though I don't know much about him.
The Merse - A funny and interesting poster with absolutely deranged fashion taste. Admire him for being his own man though and shit.
TimmSmiff - A genuine guy who 'wears his heart on his sleeve'. I think he's a top bloke and a good poster.
Toby - Used to confuse him with Boydy which I'm sure they'll both love. I like Toby, he's a good poster. He's crankiness and cynicism make me laugh. I hear he has a big head but I honestly think mine is bigger. Like fuck am I posting a photo, though.
Waffdon - I remember my first pint as well, mate. I do like Waff though, really. As the youngesters, I see Waff and Spoon as our Wayne and Lucien Cramp respectively.
Wullie - Easily the most naturally funny poster we have. He could make me laugh typing out the phonebook.
Yevrah - Brilliant poster, again even though I don't really agree with him about much. Similarly to Jimmy I think he should have a newspaper column, but perhaps in a more tabloidy publication.

I'm a hypocrite. x

leedsrevolution
29-12-2015, 08:05 PM
7om - I made an unnecessarily snarky comment about the big bang theory which i think fucked him off for a while, but i think we're okay now. seems a good lad, has good taste in wrestling podcasts.
AE - Positive, driven and self-confident, which makes him a good foil to the rest of us cynical pricks.
Angelsaint - He'd already been banished for ages when I rocked up on the old board, and I never understood why he'd been banned. I understand now.
Baz - Funny fucker, only just discovered the Liverpool nightclub photos which made me fucking wet myself. Bit of a weirdo but definitely in a good way.
Boydy - One of my faves, one of the smartest people on here.
Charlie - Seems fairly insane but always good value as a poster. Love reading about his bizarre life.
Chrissy - One of the nicest guys on here, hope you become a world famous stand-up.
Cord - Dry sense of humour, always imagine him rolling his eyes as he types his posts.
Dark Soldier - One of the good guys, wish he'd post more.
Davgooner - Seems like a decent bloke, one day we'll get a pint of carling at the Midas lounge at 3am.
Disco - Funny guy.
Dquincy - Good poster, seems like a bit of an oddball.
Giggles - Used to think he was just a miserable bastard, but he's actually a pretty funny guy. Reverse snob though, and takes pride in being a philistine. His angry outbursts always make me laugh.
GS - His outlook on life and opinions on pretty much everything are the opposite to mine, but his quality of posting makes it hard to dislike him. Surprisingly funny as well, which isn't meant as backhanded as it sounds. Deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award for all the effort he's put into this place over the years.
Hammer - Utterly bizarre lifestyle and I love him for it. Goes to bondage clubs so we don't have to.
Henry - Moody like John, but more weird and less angry.
Ian - The nicest man on the internet, and one of the very best posters we have. The whole place would be a lot more miserable without the likes of Ian.
igor_balis - cunt
ItalAussie - I'm a big fan, he can rip people apart using pure logic and rationality without coming across as anything but a top bloke.
Jeet - His posts read like a poorly translated content-aggregator twitter page. Wouldn't be surprised if Jeet was revealed to be a badly made computer algorithm.
Jimmy Floyd - I bloody love Jimmy. Disagree with him about pretty much everything, but I don't really care. Every post is worth reading, and he is easily my most valued source of cricket analysis and news. Should have a column in the Telegraph or something.
John - Used to think he had a kind of vendetta against me, until I realised he was just a moody bastard to everyone. Having someone like John to 'call a spade a spade' and take someone down a peg or two when they're acting the cunt is absolutely essential, and he's probably the best admin/mod on any forum I go on. Sometimes he's just being argumentative for no reason though, and needs to calm the fuck down and stop using this place as his punching bag. Take up boxercise or something. You can't just say 'look at the seethe! :D' whenever someone rightfully calls you out for it. Thinking you're the only smart person in a world full of idiots says more about you than everyone else.
Kiko - Good guy, big LVG fan.
Lee - Very good poster, always enjoy reading about his work and relationship troubles. Which makes me sound like a total sociopath but you know what I mean. KUTGW
leedsrevolution - Top bloke, would love to go for a pint with him. Part of the 'looking like the lead singer of Keane' trio with me and Hammer.
Lewis - He is funny as fuck, but also a bit of a wanker. All of his jokes are the expense of other people, and he has the vibe of a school bully. That stuff works on a message board, but stops working in real life after the age of about 16. I guess that explains why he has so much invested in this place (which is more than he'd be willing to admit, I'm sure). I'll also refer Lewis to what I said to John about thinking you're the only smart person in a world full of idiots.
Luke Emia - I still laugh at the brazen offensiveness of his username.
Magic - Easily my favourite poster. I'm sure he'll be delighted that what makes me think he's so great is the combination of his outlandish gross-out humour with a sort of bleak vulnerability. Reading about his life is like reading episode synopses of a particularly gloomy sitcom.
Mahow - Absolute stalwart of the board, part of the furniture. The camgirl stuff was more worrying than funny though, regardless of whether it was real or not.
Max Power - Always very good in the cricket thread.
mokbull - Mad bastard but always good value.
Pepe - A good poster but he seemed to go through a phase of only ever posting snarky, 5 word posts.
phonics - Our saviour.
Pleb - I love the weirdo. #plebrolled
Reg - Underrated poster, very good on football and an all-round nice guy. Enjoyed playing the draft thing with him on fm as well.
Sam - Big fan, always a bit creeped out by weird similarities we share which probably aren't that weird really. Both of gypsy origins, both called sam, both love trailer park boys and frank sidebottom. Shame he's a dingle but nobody's perfect.
ScousePig - Sunderland fan, seems a bit of a grump but a funny one.
Shindig - Shindig from the dugout. Responsible for the best ever moment in the board's history. Consistently funny poster in general as well.
Simon - Good guy, though I don't know much about him. Did he go to play poker in Malta or something?
Spoonsky - I really like Spoon, he's quite unlike anyone else on here which I think is important for the place. I like to think we've been a pretty good influence on him as well. Used to try a bit too hard to fit in, but he was about 12 so that's quite alright. Always find his posts interesting.
SvN - Good consistent poster, though I don't know much about him.
The Merse - A funny and interesting poster with absolutely deranged fashion taste. Admire him for being his own man though and shit.
TimmSmiff - A genuine guy who 'wears his heart on his sleeve'. I think he's a top bloke and a good poster.
Toby - Used to confuse him with Boydy which I'm sure they'll both love. I like Toby, he's a good poster. He's crankiness and cynicism make me laugh. I hear he has a big head but I honestly think mine is bigger. Like fuck am I posting a photo, though.
Waffdon - I remember my first pint as well, mate. I do like Waff though, really. As the youngesters, I see Waff and Spoon as our Wayne and Lucien Cramp respectively.
Wullie - Easily the most naturally funny poster we have. He could make me laugh typing out the phonebook.
Yevrah - Brilliant poster, again even though I don't really agree with him about much. Similarly to Jimmy I think he should have a newspaper column, but perhaps in a more tabloidy publication.

I'm a hypocrite. x

Although a bit too nice. Where's Johns lists there the fucking best.

mugbull
29-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Yo igor were you a frequent poster on the old board? I don't remember you but I fuck with you a lot recently

Giggles
29-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Yo igor were you a frequent poster on the old board? I don't remember you but I fuck with you a lot recently

All you need to know is that his standing is now > yours due to him posting a list.

Boydy
29-12-2015, 08:16 PM
You were just really nice about everyone.

igor_balis
29-12-2015, 08:20 PM
I do like you cunts though else I wouldn't post here.

Lewis
29-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Post a picture of your fat head then.

Magic
29-12-2015, 08:22 PM
I'd prefer a YouTube video of some dishes in a flat that looks like the set of Trainspotting.

leedsrevolution
29-12-2015, 08:28 PM
7om - I used to really like him. Now I just think he's average. Seems to act like a bit of a thick cunt without any humour to back it up sometimes and the other times he's inoffensive and boring.

AE - Not going to make it mate. Overated footballer and poster.

Alan Shearer 2nd - Seems to talk a lot of sense about Newcastle but I zone out when he's talking about anything else.

Angelsaint - A fucking moron. Failed at life and reeks of desperation. A shadow of his former self.

Baz - Don't mind Baz. Seems to have grown up but still talks a load of shit and seems to try and be offensive when I don't think he really has it in him.

Boydy - Seems alright.

Chrissy - Washed up pub singer who can't hold down a woman. If I remember correctly. His life sums up the collective mess the posters on this board are.

Dark Soldier - 40 year old (guessing that) stoner who can't get a job or move out from mummy and daddies. Saying that - I really like him.

Giggles - http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?board=6.0 time to switch forums, pal. Boring but can be pretty funny when trying to offend people. If they get offended or not I don't know.

Hammer - Good poster but I wouldn't let him look after my kids.

Henry - Boring old man with arm patches.

Ian - How do you be so nice. It's fucking cringe worthy sometimes.

igor_balis - I can imagine igor been great at a house party for the combination of weird youtube videos and the amphetamine he blatantly takes on a weekend

Jeet - Spambot, he has to be.

Jimmy Floyd - Similar to Igor I don't agree with anything you post. But I don't dislike you.

John - Amazing at WDYTOE lists. Good mod awful person.

Lee - I hate Leicester.

Lewis - I think I'm possibly the only person who does't find Lewis that funny, maybe he used to be and people just laugh now as this place is all he has left.

Magic - The sooner you put yourself out of the mysery that is your life the better for everyone.

Mahow - I still think you were chatting to that cam whore. You're a pathetic person and a worse liar.

mokbull - Fucking retard who's suddenly piped up playing the big man.

Pepe - Worst poster easily. I don't really understand how he gets an easy ride. He never says anything funny/intelligent/oppionated. Jeet mk2 but can stay on topic.

phonics - Good guy. His life sounds fucking awful though. Sort it out.

Simon - Gambling addict. Blatantly quit the game 'cos he's loosing a shit ton.

Spoonsky - Only young but the worst kind of person.

TimmSmiff - Glad you don't appear to want to kill yourself every 5 minutes. However, I must admit I was so fucking sick of hearing you whine at some points I was hoping you did it.

Vim - The ugliest Itallian ever.

My aim of this list was to say nothing too nice as they are usually the best reads. I did cull a lot of people as well.

Pen
29-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Well that was unexpected. The personal attacks on people seem over the top.

Smiffy
29-12-2015, 08:33 PM

Spoonsky
29-12-2015, 08:38 PM
What does "the worst kind of person" mean?

Pepe
29-12-2015, 08:41 PM
The state of that list. :harold:

Would have been better if it wasn't safetywinked at the end.

mugbull
Don't take it personally, he was trying to think of something

Sir Andy Mahowry
I wasn't expecting that :D

Magic
29-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Mysery? What a cunt you are, LR.

Still a strangely endearing one, nonetheless.

Pepe
29-12-2015, 08:45 PM
LR is Samadini, give him another name.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 08:46 PM
He wanted a 'thing' and still made a balls of it :D

John
29-12-2015, 08:54 PM
You haven't bolded the names Mokkers, you fucking waste of space. If you haven't got a list up by the end of the night you're banned.

Magic
29-12-2015, 08:56 PM
You haven't bolded the names Mokkers, you fucking waste of space. If you haven't got a list up by the end of the night you're banned.

:D

Pepe
29-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Now we're talking. :drool:

Byron
29-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Couldn't you just cut out the middle man and ban him anyway?

mugbull
29-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Calm down Jonathan, i'm toning down some of the personal attacks in my list so i'll have it up within a couple hours

Lewis
29-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Don't do that. Give us the list Mert never dared to.

leedsrevolution
29-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Did Mert make it across here?

Giggles
29-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Don't do that. Give us the list Mert never dared to.

Or at least the list that LR tried to.

Magic
29-12-2015, 09:09 PM
The bigger the rage and hate the better.

Pepe
29-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Everyone is waiting, don't bottle it cokfull.

John
29-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Not a list, just the names properly bolded. I'm doing nothing tonight though so I'll start one.

7om
AD
Adam
Adamski
AE
Alan Shearer 2nd
Alex
Alex Ferguson
Amigo
Andy
Angelsaint
Bam
Baz
Benny
Bernanke
Bob Sacamano
Boom Boom
Boydy
Browning
Byron
Charlie
Chrissy
CJay
Cord
Dan
Danny
Dark Soldier
Davgooner
DC
Demerit
Dino
Disco
Dquincy
elth
Foe
Giggles
Gray Fox
GS
Hammer
Henry
hfswjyr
Ian
igor_balis
ItalAussie
Jeet
Jimmy Floyd
John
John Arne
Josh
Kiko
Lee
leedsrevolution
Lewis
Luca
Luke Emia
Magic
Mahow
Manc
Max Power
Mazuuurk
Mellberg
Mike
mokbull
Multi
Nick
niko_cee
Panda Bear
Pen
Pepe
phonics
Pleb
P_3
randomlegend
Raoul Duke
Reg
Sam
Samadini
ScousePig
Shindig
Simon
SincereTheRebel
Spoonsky
SvN
TG09
The Bruce
The Merse
TimmSmiff
Toby
Vim
Waffdon
Weaver
Wullie
Yevrah

Magic
29-12-2015, 09:15 PM
Poor effort John.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 09:16 PM
That list will be the nicest thing John says about a lot of us.

Ian
29-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Who was it that John described as being like "a day with no weather"? Apples?

Harsh but still one of my favourite comments from a WDYTOE.

Magic
29-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Who was it that John described as being like "a day with no weather"? Apples?

Harsh but still one of my favourite comments from a WDYTOE.

Fucking hell I hope it was Apples because that's a superb assessment.

igor_balis
29-12-2015, 09:30 PM
I read an old list jimmy did that went someway to making me realise the wdytoe was worthwhile. His mert entry was particularly great.

mugbull
29-12-2015, 09:40 PM
God Tier:

no one. step your fucking games up

Top Tier:

Hammer – I think we're similar in a lot of ways, though he seems to be unstable. He doesn't really give a shit about being seen as a weird fuck, and he seems to enjoy having fun.

Magic - I have an IRL friend whose only method of communication is screaming about his life, girls, and poker, and he happens to be one of the most genuine dudes I know. I don't really give a shit about Magic's life, like it won't impact me as i go about my day, but I can relate to him better than I can to most other people on this board because he unlike many bedfellows seems like a normal guy who doesn't take himself seriously enough for me to get annoyed at how often he talks about himself. u solid ch@p

phonics - Magic and phonics can be considered interchangeable, although it seems that phonics has slightly less of a grasp on reality than Magic. He also needs to learn how to exist, like on his own.

Lewis - I almost considered downgrading him, because he hasn't really contributed much lately, but after coming to terms with the state of affairs here on TTH, Lewis is still better than most people on this board.

Good Tier:

Baz - he seems like a chiller, I don't know why he goes around with that disgusting mop on his head but it hasnt seemed to affect his psyche too deeply yet so whatever. You should start doing drugs

Benny – I like him a lot, but he hasn't posted much recently. Ehh

Boydy – he's the sort of opinionated wanker that's pretty enjoyable to be around, and despite his many misfortunes he remains friendly. Strong showing in 2015 from our very own

Cord – he's still funny, but I hear one-liners are being phased out in favor of fucking up your life and marriage as the most endearing type of post

Foe – I'd have sex with him. Not! LOL good luck finding someone who loves you

igor_balis – The difference between someone like igor and someone like Ian – both of whom are nice people – is that Igor seems to enjoy life for all the experiences it offers, and Ian seems to enjoy being inoffensive for its own sake. One is cool, one is sad.

Jimmy Floyd – i'm sure Jimmy will be delighted to hear he's come on leaps and bounds in my WDYTOE this year after some really awful showings in the past. He's matured past his shit talking phase and seems generally affable now, which is good.

Kiko – down to Earth, wifed up now though so we've no doubt already seen the best of Kiko

Lee – surprisingly open about his life, more so than most people, which I respect

Samadini – always rated him. Funny bloke, top lad, etc. I hope we interact more in 2016

Waffdon – sort your priorities out bro. You can go and get fucked up and still do your academics.

Yevrah – I used to dislike him because he'd make so many ridiculous claims for no reason, but I realized its just his way of making conversation, and if that's what gets you off, i'm no man to stand in the way of that.56

Ehh Tier:

7om – he was good until he realized the quickest path to TTH glory was not saying anything controversial ever, and now here we are

Andy – can't say I like him or dislike him, because his only contributions are Southampton moans, which you will note is a theme among many people in this tier

Davgooner – I used to not like him, and I still don't really, but he doesn't post enough to warrant making a big deal of that, so here we are.

Dark Solider – does he even count anymore?

Disco – this man has over 500 posts and I have no idea who he is.

Giggles – S A D B O Y S. This is you. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQWhFysPKY)

Gray Fox – I think this is the dude with the shark avatar, which doesn't tell me anything, although I do recall him making Liverpool themed posts

Henry – banning Harold negatively impacted Henry's participation on the board, which is honestly an indictment of Henry more than anything

ItalAussie – I don't know if this is kosher, but despite his obvious natural talents for the sciences, and his wide breadth of knowledge, I don't think he really adds too much to the forum. A future Spav-to-be.

John_Arne – an angry man, but that's what a lifetime among the Pho-slurpers will do to ya

Luca – his online personality could be so much more interesting, and yet he always goes for the safe route. Also his business school thing has definitely gone to his head. Tsk tsk

Mahow – There's nothing wrong with his internet presence, but there's always a nagging in my mind that Im interacting with a social retard whenever I respond to a post of his

Mellberg – No matter how many posts you make about it, Villa are going down. Sorry boss.

Pen – pretty average man, doesn't really post much anymore.

Randomlegend – I know a bunch of people like him who decided they'd found their life mate at age 13 or something and then spend the rest of their lives tethered to one person, failing to evolve emotionally and spiritually. It's pretty sad.

Reg – Captain Vanilla

Shindig – I actually think Shindig belongs in the tier above, but i'm too lazy to move him up there at this point

Spoonsky – he's a smart guy, and friendly as well, but i've never been super excited to read a Spoonsky post in my life, although he has made me laugh several times this calendar year so who knows what the future holds for him. Definitely not Columbia though, am I right? Haha

Toby – I used to like Toby a lot, but at this point he's just another insipid 30 year old man.

Shit Tier:

Alex – one of these Alex guys is the one that only ever posts Pitchfork-style reviews in the music threads. Those people irritate me in particular because they totally fail to grasp why music is important and treat it as some sort of refuge for their Asperger's-based need to make everything into a list. It wouldn't even be so bad if people weren't so elitist about it all. Music is good music if it does something for a particular audience, not if it satisfies your autistic desires. Get a life.

Angelsaint – doesn't post enough to be as bad as Harold, but he seems like almost as much of a shithead

Bob Sacamano – I don't know who this is, but it's a really weird name

Boom Boom – has no idea what's going on, ever

Ian – nice, but entirely devoid of personality. He's pretty much the same person as the Byrons/Regs of this board that take pride in being incredibly boring, but I singled him out to make a point.

Jeet – A decade on (I'm told) and he hasn't changed one bit

Pleb – Always late to every conversation

Pepe – Pepe could contribute worthwhile things to this forum, but he doesn't, and it's honestly kind of annoying

John – the OG turd. He's a massive piece of shit and I never understood why people put up with him, and I don't think I ever will understand

SincereTheRebel – he's been here for so long and yet his English is still so poor. I think we'd be friends in the real world, but on TTH he has always just been such a fucking bore

ScousePig – kinda pointless. Gets angry a lot without much of a basis. Turns out you're just another cog in the machine, buddy.

TG09 – this man is certifiably retarded

Vim – sorry, bro. there's really not much to you.

Dquincy
29-12-2015, 09:47 PM
God Tier:

no one. step your fucking games up

Top Tier:

Hammer – I think we're similar in a lot of ways, though he seems to be unstable. He doesn't really give a shit about being seen as a weird fuck, and he seems to enjoy having fun.

Magic - I have an IRL friend whose only method of communication is screaming about his life, girls, and poker, and he happens to be one of the most genuine dudes I know. I don't really give a shit about Magic's life, like it won't impact me as i go about my day, but I can relate to him better than I can to most other people on this board because he unlike many bedfellows seems like a normal guy who doesn't take himself seriously enough for me to get annoyed at how often he talks about himself. u solid ch@p

phonics - Magic and phonics can be considered interchangeable, although it seems that phonics has slightly less of a grasp on reality than Magic. He also needs to learn how to exist, like on his own.

Lewis - I almost considered downgrading him, because he hasn't really contributed much lately, but after coming to terms with the state of affairs here on TTH, Lewis is still better than most people on this board.

Good Tier:

Baz - he seems like a chiller, I don't know why he goes around with that disgusting mop on his head but it hasnt seemed to affect his psyche too deeply yet so whatever. You should start doing drugs

Benny – I like him a lot, but he hasn't posted much recently. Ehh

Boydy – he's the sort of opinionated wanker that's pretty enjoyable to be around, and despite his many misfortunes he remains friendly. Strong showing in 2015 from our very own

Cord – he's still funny, but I hear one-liners are being phased out in favor of fucking up your life and marriage as the most endearing type of post

Foe – I'd have sex with him. Not! LOL good luck finding someone who loves you

igor_balis – The difference between someone like igor and someone like Ian – both of whom are nice people – is that Igor seems to enjoy life for all the experiences it offers, and Ian seems to enjoy being inoffensive for its own sake. One is cool, one is sad.

Jimmy Floyd – i'm sure Jimmy will be delighted to hear he's come on leaps and bounds in my WDYTOE this year after some really awful showings in the past. He's matured past his shit talking phase and seems generally affable now, which is good.

Kiko – down to Earth, wifed up now though so we've no doubt already seen the best of Kiko

Lee – surprisingly open about his life, more so than most people, which I respect

Samadini – always rated him. Funny bloke, top lad, etc. I hope we interact more in 2016

Waffdon – sort your priorities out bro. You can go and get fucked up and still do your academics.

Yevrah – I used to dislike him because he'd make so many ridiculous claims for no reason, but I realized its just his way of making conversation, and if that's what gets you off, i'm no man to stand in the way of that.56

Ehh Tier:

7om – he was good until he realized the quickest path to TTH glory was not saying anything controversial ever, and now here we are

Andy – can't say I like him or dislike him, because his only contributions are Southampton moans, which you will note is a theme among many people in this tier

Davgooner – I used to not like him, and I still don't really, but he doesn't post enough to warrant making a big deal of that, so here we are.

Dark Solider – does he even count anymore?

Disco – this man has over 500 posts and I have no idea who he is.

Giggles – S A D B O Y S. This is you. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQWhFysPKY)

Gray Fox – I think this is the dude with the shark avatar, which doesn't tell me anything, although I do recall him making Liverpool themed posts

Henry – banning Harold negatively impacted Henry's participation on the board, which is honestly an indictment of Henry more than anything

ItalAussie – I don't know if this is kosher, but despite his obvious natural talents for the sciences, and his wide breadth of knowledge, I don't think he really adds too much to the forum. A future Spav-to-be.

John_Arne – an angry man, but that's what a lifetime among the Pho-slurpers will do to ya

Luca – his online personality could be so much more interesting, and yet he always goes for the safe route. Also his business school thing has definitely gone to his head. Tsk tsk

Mahow – There's nothing wrong with his internet presence, but there's always a nagging in my mind that Im interacting with a social retard whenever I respond to a post of his

Mellberg – No matter how many posts you make about it, Villa are going down. Sorry boss.

Pen – pretty average man, doesn't really post much anymore.

Randomlegend – I know a bunch of people like him who decided they'd found their life mate at age 13 or something and then spend the rest of their lives tethered to one person, failing to evolve emotionally and spiritually. It's pretty sad.

Reg – Captain Vanilla

Shindig – I actually think Shindig belongs in the tier above, but i'm too lazy to move him up there at this point

Spoonsky – he's a smart guy, and friendly as well, but i've never been super excited to read a Spoonsky post in my life, although he has made me laugh several times this calendar year so who knows what the future holds for him. Definitely not Columbia though, am I right? Haha

Toby – I used to like Toby a lot, but at this point he's just another insipid 30 year old man.

Shit Tier:

Alex – one of these Alex guys is the one that only ever posts Pitchfork-style reviews in the music threads. Those people irritate me in particular because they totally fail to grasp why music is important and treat it as some sort of refuge for their Asperger's-based need to make everything into a list. It wouldn't even be so bad if people weren't so elitist about it all. Music is good music if it does something for a particular audience, not if it satisfies your autistic desires. Get a life.

Angelsaint – doesn't post enough to be as bad as Harold, but he seems like almost as much of a shithead

Bob Sacamano – I don't know who this is, but it's a really weird name

Boom Boom – has no idea what's going on, ever

Ian – nice, but entirely devoid of personality. He's pretty much the same person as the Byrons/Regs of this board that take pride in being incredibly boring, but I singled him out to make a point.

Jeet – A decade on (I'm told) and he hasn't changed one bit

Pleb – Always late to every conversation

Pepe – Pepe could contribute worthwhile things to this forum, but he doesn't, and it's honestly kind of annoying

John – the OG turd. He's a massive piece of shit and I never understood why people put up with him, and I don't think I ever will understand

SincereTheRebel – he's been here for so long and yet his English is still so poor. I think we'd be friends in the real world, but on TTH he has always just been such a fucking bore

ScousePig – kinda pointless. Gets angry a lot without much of a basis. Turns out you're just another cog in the machine, buddy.

TG09 – this man is certifiably retarded

Vim – sorry, bro. there's really not much to you.

A good way to set out your list. Well done.

Pepe
29-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Does Tom post much lately? I don't think I have seen him in a while.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 09:55 PM
That was largely disappointing.

mugbull
29-12-2015, 09:58 PM
That was largely disappointing.

I hope you enjoy Yung Lean.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Did I need the sound or more than 7 seconds of the video to get it?

Smiffy
29-12-2015, 10:03 PM

mugbull
It's a great tune, more for your homeostatic enjoyment than anything

Magic
I didn't make Mokbulls list so now I'm sat here drowning in my own tiers. :(

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Raoul Duke
29-12-2015, 10:07 PM
I didn't make Mokbulls list so now I'm sat here drowning in my own tiers. :(

Layers upon layers of them...

Reg
29-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Cheers, Igor, you're a nice chap too. :gay:

There's only been a couple lists so it's more of a general comment, but I don't really understand those posting here who don't actually like the other people.

Giggles
29-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Cheers, Igor, you're a nice chap too. :gay:

There's only been a couple lists so it's more of a general comment, but I don't really understand those posting here who don't actually like the other people.

You're never going to like everyone in a group of people. Naturally you won't hate everyone to LR levels, but it's not some love-in either.

Reg
29-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Well yeah, I meant those who dislike the majority or whatever.

leedsrevolution
29-12-2015, 10:49 PM
I could have also said nice things about the people I mentioned. But who wants to read that?

John
29-12-2015, 11:14 PM
7om - I still maintain that he's a raging pervert, despite very little evidence for it that I've noticed lately. Being a Brummy in America who goes to wrestling is enough to keep the assertion alive for now though. As a poster he's basically background noise, but then there are far worse things to be so carry on.

AD - Seems to have been posting in increasingly rare flurries for about two years, usually when he has some news to share,like he's some distant nephew of the forum who thinks we'll all be proud that he won the three legged race, so we get a picture and a bark rubbing of the medal, and they go straight in the bin. Was decent when he bothered.

Alan Shearer 2nd - Almost entirely without merit as a poster, the only time he really distinguishes himself in any way is when he's behaving like a hurt child over someone expressing an opinion different from his own. It's like someone used whatever wizardry was going on in the Chuckie films to imbue a crying doll with the personality of a

Alex Ferguson - Appeared briefly not too long ago and was every bit as dull as ever. Could bore beige paint into cracking.

Andy - Seemed to move seamlessly from being the blokiest bloke who ever bloked to being a narrow second to Kiko in the 'model relationship' stakes, without much posting about his life in between. Tell us you're still 'doing' thirty pints on a weekend, mate.

Angelsaint - His return has shone some light on why he was how he was on the old forum. Take away the laughable racism and the trolling, clean up the English a bit, and have him try to interact with the forum as an actual part of it, and he's nothing. Just a racist cartoon shaped void where a twat used to be.

Baz - Used to be shit, but there's a bit of Saint here in that he's only now not shit because he's not really offering anything to swing the needle in any direction at all.

Benny - He's still background noise, but without the occasional moments of prominence which would define him. Could probably vanish without me noticing at all, which could well have happened already.

Bob Sacamano - Would have worked as a rather good joke if he'd never bothered to post, but sadly his contributions so far suggest that it's all downhill from the registration stage.

Boom Boom - Boom is becoming a bit of a conundrum. Every second post at the moment is a big question with an obvious answer about the history of something, yet the very fact of those questions would imply that he's been living his life entirely without knowledge of any kind.

Boydy - I like Boydy. He can be a bit skewiff at times and his trick of getting involved in and thus escalating miniscule disputes so that he can look reasonable is laughable, but he's generally fine. Contributes fairly well on a range of topics and comes in with the occasional good joke.

Chrissy - Should probably stop letting his material colour his posting so much. I've noticed maybe ten posts recently that were almost certainly lines from his standup, and it's doing nobody any favours. If you're testing it out for reactions, a text forum where delivery doesn't matter and half the posters are funnier than you isn't the place. If you're recycling the jokes to get second hand laughs, no thanks. Seems like a really nice bloke though.

Cord - Seemed for years to go through a sort of Stewart Lee style boom/bust cycle, where every nine months or so the pendulum swings from 'most underrated' to 'who was he again and why was he so highly rated' without stopping anywhere in between for more than a moment. Most people seem to have accepted now that he's just a very affable, funny poster with a distinct posting style. Excellent, carry on.

Dark Soldier - The 'Creamsnatcher' post was lost to Mark's great purge, so I'll have to stop trumpeting it in these lists now. Shame. DS is as he always was. Inconsistent, but capable of being excellent.

Davgooner - Basically the elder statesman of the board at this point, there's nobody else here who can shut down a twat with as few words as Dav. Not as prolific or as funny as he once was, but still great all the same.

Dino - For the sake of his legacy on the board, it's probably for the best Sand left in a puff of lunacy, because otherwise this would have been a joint entry. Without all the mad antics and pictures of Libertines session musicians you pretended were you it's all a bit boring. I'm glad you're on track and doing well, but it's all a bit flavourless.

elth - Seems to have all but vanished, and we're much better for it. Odd thing to say about someone who was once probably the best poster on the board, but there we are. He's a cunt now.

Foe - Had an absolute rasper of a deleted post in a discussion about pissing yourself that I'll let him talk about, should he choose to, but it summed him up beautifully. How someone so seemingly oblivious to everything going on around him can be making any headway at all in the oil industry is beyond me. Violently thick.

Giggles - It's adorable when Giggles thinks he knows something. It's like seeing a kid trying to walk in their mum's high heels, beaming with pride that they're doing what the adults do. But you know that kid's going to fall and bash its chin. And so it does, and the shoes get the blame, and suddenly spaghetti is for posers.

Hammer - Hammer is a serious oddity. Like if Louis Theroux was somehow crossed with a particularly touchy eleven year old and the resulting mess was given a niche phone-in podcast. There was a period recently where suddenly things weren't for him, or you, but for 'my ass' or 'your ass', which I'm going to put down to a transformative experience in one of those clubs.

Henry - Behold, motherfucker. You're a wierdo.

Ian - Probably the nicest man on the forum, and one of the best posters too. Personable, funny, and capable of offering a worthwhile post on more subjects than most.

igor_balis - The YouTube videos need to stop, but other than that basically alright. Capable of being almost unbelievably thick at times, but it's closer to a Hammer thickness that goes away with some thought than a Foe thickness that gets worse with thought, so you can get on with that.

Jeet - Just not good enough. At all.

Jimmy Floyd - The best poster. I'll read whatever Floyd posts, even if it's on a subject I have absolutely no interest in. There are only a handful of posters here for whom that's the case, and Floyd is chief among them. Great.

John Arne - Has probably been slightly better on this board than he ever was on the old one, but that's not saying much since he's still about as appealling as a wet hanky on a bus seat. His unique cultural situation does give him some value as a poster, but I'd rather put my dick in the freezer than read the vast majority of his posts.

Kiko - See Ian. Yes, Ian, it's a quirk of the order. I'm not having you questioning it and trying to boost your value like last year.

Lee - Another one whose output I'll read in its entirety. Particularly good in the jobs thread and on football, but he's just an interesting bloke, which will manifest in whatever he happens to be talking about.

leedsrevolution - So laughably shit at everything that it almost seems cruel to laugh. Almost. I did laugh.

Lewis - I'll read whatever Lewis posts, and usually I'll lol at it. Largely down to a sort of joke machine at this point, but the return of the italicised conversations suggest he's probably over the dissertation induced sobering up of his style.

Magic - A terrible poster, but in a way I'm glad he has this place. I imagine some combination of using us as a sounding board for all your vile stories and ranting about your wife and car crash videos on Liveleak for a glimpse of what lies ahead has kept you somewhat sane, and that's good. Now, if you could stop being such a relentlessly shit poster outside of the above that'd be nice.

Mahow - Seems to fall into the same patterns in his typing as he would when talking, so his posts all feature pointless little flourishes that make them interminably uniform. Oh and he's a bit precious. Oh and he's a bit dim. Oh and he thinks the world owes him something.

mokbull - Without value as a poster, and if even half of the shit he's spouted here and on the old board is representative of his actual personality then he's without value as a person too.

Pepe - Shit.

phonics - Done a great job with this place, but seems to be a complete shambles everywhere else. What was, six foot and nine stone? How much would a six foot earthworm weigh?

randomlegend - Doesn't really post anything worth commenting on particularly, but posts too much to leave off. Make of that what you will.

Raoul Duke - Makes me lol with the occasional one liner and used to have a haircut like a King Charles spaniel, which still comes to mind now and then and adds a few lols to the tally, but basically background noise other than that.

Reg - Seems genuinely thick almost all the time, but has a decent grasp of English and how to use it, so I'm not sure. Not quite a Boom level enigma, but a curiosity all the same.

Samadini - With The Box and Frank he's probably given TTH as many enduring sort of mascots as anyone else, and seems like a genuinely good bloke, but he doesn't post enough these days.

Shindig - Wrongly cited as having given TTH its best moment, it says something that his finest posting achievement is a falsehood. Used to be a hundred times better than he is now.

SincereTheRebel - Seems to think of his posts as sort of ethereal puffs of information that are gone as soon as they're observed, or he would if he was capable of considering such concepts, so we're told fifty times in one thread that Chelsea need to sell Torres, and fifty times in another that Lukaku needs to leave Everton. Give it a fucking rest.

Spoonsky - A bit of a Danny Cadamarteri figure now, having burst onto the scene as a youngster with an interesting perspective and a seemingly well honed style, he's now entering the period where people begin to realise he hasn't really developed as well as hoped. Presumably he'll have a late career spell at FM Gamer before retirement and low billing on a 'where are they now' article comes calling.

SvN - Level headed and generally solid, but it was good fun seeing someone new being completely bewildered by Harold's shit recently.

The Merse - There's still a disparity between the poster here and the person he claims to be, but I suppose that probably exists to some less noticeable extent for everyone here. That aside, a decent poster with an absolutely bonkers taste in clothing.

TimmSmiff - Half as mental as he used to be, which makes him half the poster he used to be. A Smiff without wonky predictions, misplaced bravado, and cries for attention at four in the morning is very boring indeed. There's still a bit of that, which keeps him relevant for now, but I'm genuinely not sure whether I'd prefer he stay that way or become The New Saint.

Toby - Toby continued to be Toby. He's accused of being boring, but then there are a lot of simpletons here and Toby seems very detail oriented, so that's to be expected. Has an increasingly dry sense of humour, which I like.

Waffdon - I think I said last time he was most improved, which might put him in the running for 'most regressed' this time. Just not good enough.

Wullie - Has been essentially the same for about ten years, so here we are. Funny, good, affable. As always.

Yevrah - Yevrah seems to tone down the rage for a while at a time and then explode, but we're in a slightly more extended than usual lull at the moment. Anyone fancy a sweepstake on the next eruption of Mt Yevrah? I'll take England's group stage exit in the Euros. An excellent poster who's among the most important here, and another of the crew I'll read on any subject.

Spammer
29-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Good lists so far gents :thbup:

Pleb
29-12-2015, 11:17 PM
I'm clearly loved (and late to the conversation) :wub:

Magic
29-12-2015, 11:21 PM
:drool:

Reg
29-12-2015, 11:31 PM
I chuckled at my entry, and I suppose having John not sure whether you're genuinely thick is better than him being sure.

John, presumably you like your friends? Or do you think they're all numpties, too?

Ian
29-12-2015, 11:45 PM
I bet Kiko feels a right mug picking a name starting with a letter after I all those years before I joined. :loser:

Chrissy
29-12-2015, 11:47 PM
John, no complaints, my patter is shite :)

TG09
30-12-2015, 12:18 AM
I would do a list, but don't post enough or come on here enough know who people are like I did back in the day.

Magic
30-12-2015, 12:21 AM
I would do a list, but don't post enough or come on here enough know to people like I did back in the day.

Well why don't you?

CJay
30-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Mokbull's entry on Alex is probably the most inaccurate WDYTOE entry I've ever read in my 7 years on the board(s).

Giggles
30-12-2015, 12:25 AM
First one in fucking years. Took nearly all of the quiz of the year.

Alan Shearer 2nd - He likes cars and probably supports Newcastle but I know little else. I like him though.

Amigo - Not around much these days and not really much of a loss.

Andy - Best football man on here and a proper man all told, which is a rarity in these parts. One of the very few I wouldn’t actually mind a pint with off here.

Angelsaint - The legend has kind of been ruined by the reality.

Bam - Sen you a PM.

Baz - He does seem like a nice bloke but both him and Mike come across as two people trying desperately to be ‘crazy LADS’ and it always just seems that bit too lame.

Benny - Not sure where he’s gone but he’s normally decent, if a little on the sour side.

Boydy - I like Boydy a lot more lately than I did. I think he’s become a bit more of a mainstream poster rather than desperately trying to come across as intellectual. Getting out of London will probably do that. He still can be a sour cunt at times though. Getting back into Northern Ireland will probably do that.

Charlie - Still an outrageous twat.

CJay - Don’t see much of him any more but always inoffensive and seemed like a decent guy. I think in real life we wouldn’t get on at all though, mostly because of me.

Davgooner - Posts about Arsenal. Football hooligan. Yeah.

Dquincy - Quincy is cool. Seems to be posting a bit more now, which is good and can be a lot more humorous than people give him credit for. Never takes things too seriously either.

elth - Drops in off his cloud every once in awhile to make some proclamations to show us how we are all wrong.

Foe - Foe is grand. Don’t notice him all that much.

Giggles - a small, fat bald nearly 50 year old heavy smoker driving thousands of miles a day in a shithole van across the anus of Ireland

GS - Tried a few times to get everyone back onto history, etc but has since thrown his toys out of the pram. Was a decent enough guy once but really became a bitter little fuck and has probably been taught that internet interaction is evil. Good riddance.

Hammer - Fucks couples and is most likely not far off picking a pre teen out of a lineup at an auction in a private room. Told us and then gets the hump when it’s mentioned.

Henry - The least cool man alive.

Ian - Ian is great. I used to mix him up with Lee a lot so I won’t say too much specific as I could be talking about the wrong one, but he’s top two on here.

Jimmy Floyd - France, war, some over-deliberate shoehorned obscure reference, I like watching the worst football possible….etc etc etc. It’s not even shit any more, it’s just really boring. At least the job stuff is something new.

John - The main thing I think of when trying to sum up John is that I’ve seen him mention visiting a Nan and I just can’t picture him sitting in a room being nice in front of another human, relative or not. I like to think when he comes out he quickly finds some kids and bursts their football to balance up his universe again. Apart from that he has an awful habit of latching on to the smallest thing and going so far out to prove himself right that he just ends up boring everyone, including himself.

Kiko - Kiko seems grand. Always seems to be busy as fuck outside of here.

Lee - Best poster on here. Brings a great human side also and is a person you’d genuinely be glad to see things going well for. Great value in all the main threads and is another on the list I’d happily beer with.

Lewis - Has been kind of disappearing into a persona of himself of late, which is kind of disappointing but I really think he doesn’t give a shit about all this any more and it’s all just habit. That said, there is nobody can come out with one liner comments like him on here and for that reason I’m glad he’s still around and posting.

Magic - Can go from completely laid back and grand on here to being like a dog with a bone on certain things. If the split personality on here is even a small reflection on real life then God knows what the real story is at home. All I know is he needs to do something before he ends up 50 with no second chance or at worst he’s laying new patio slabs at 3am with a tear-diluted bottle of whisky in hand. That said, when he’s on form on here he’s really good and one of the funniest.

Mahow - I know this is a bit pot/kettle based on the general consensus of myself, but he has to be one of the most miserable cunts imaginable. That’s not to say he’s all bad, but he seems to all of his joy at misfortune.

Mellberg - I’m not sure if he’s new or not, but I’ve noticed him a lot more lately in football threads and he seems ok.

Mike - See Baz. I can also never get this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv_662IqKto) out of my head when I think of Mike.

mokbull - He’s either had a bump on the head recently or he’s someone else signed up with the username. Only way I can explain someone who was fairly inconspicuous for years just rocking up like a complete pox. I’d call it a breakdown if it’s him but he looks 11.

Pepe - I always give Pepe shit but he’s grand. Seems like a decent lad, though had a better nasty streak before that I’d like to see return. This place will never be a group hug and survives better when we’re all giving each other dogs abuse. Like Spoon, he seems to live well.

phonics - A poster I used to think was an utter cunt altogether but I warmed to him on the latter days of TD and this new place has only reinforced that I had him wrong. We agree on fuck all and never will but it’s hard not to like the guy really.

Raoul Duke - Raoul seems to like some of the same things that I do so I tend to always read what he posts. One of the really good ones here too.

Reg - Regista is very good. Sometimes will argue for the sake of it, but that’s what keeps things ticking over.

ScousePig - I haven’t a massive amount to say about Scouse as nothing huge stands out, except to say he’s one of the good ones too.

Spoonsky - His life comes across as an episode of Glee but, even though I’ve given him shit for it, fuck it why not? He really seems to get great pleasure out of everything he does and could probably teach us all a thing.

SvN - Everyone owes you, and Phonics, a tip of the cap for saving the place. One of the best posters on here too apart from that, and seems like a very decent guy.

Toby - Come back and chastise us all again you epically sour shite.

Vim - I haven’t a huge amount to say about Vim, but I really didn’t want to leave him off the list because I like him.

Waffdon - Descending into a mess. He’ll come to a big crossroads soon and is going to turn the corner or end up face down in his own vomit permanently. Every post these days seems to be about how wasted he is, and while it can seem fun, I think having spare cash so immature can ruin you. But hey, at least it’s not wall to wall fucking Dundee United any more.

Yevrah - Hasn’t been around much, probably due to a new bird or enjoying the single life. I know what that’s like and it takes a fair while to adjust. Would like to see him around more though as when he’s on form he is in or around #1.

CJay
30-12-2015, 12:27 AM
This Mellberg chap is new eh? :sherlock:

TG09
30-12-2015, 12:28 AM
Why don't I do a list or come on here more often?

Ian
30-12-2015, 12:37 AM
I wasn't even under the impression Giggles had a particular opinion of me one way or the other.

Giggles
30-12-2015, 12:39 AM
I wasn't even under the impression Giggles had a particular opinion of me one way or the other.

You've always been :thbup: in my book.

Jimmy Floyd
30-12-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm halfway through, but you won't see it until tomorrow night. It's a lot easier now the list has been cut down to people who have ever visited the site.

Lewis
30-12-2015, 01:03 AM
I can't really be bothered with this, so I would like to endorse John's list with the following amendments:

1. Baz is a geezer.
2. Cord is rubbish.
3. Dave has lost it.
4. Giggles makes me lol.
5. Magic is currently the best/funniest poster we've got.
6. Pepe. :cool:

Boydy
30-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Oh yeah because you're so busy otherwise.

Toby
30-12-2015, 01:06 AM
We're going to be needing an explanation when you read this page, Foe.

Lewis
30-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Oh yeah because you're so busy otherwise.

My friend bought me a self-help book on happiness, so I've got that to read.

mugbull
30-12-2015, 01:18 AM
Mokbull's entry on Alex is probably the most inaccurate WDYTOE entry I've ever read in my 7 years on the board(s).

In retrospect I think i was talking about Alex Ferguson. But it's social commentary more than anything else, and a reminder to all what life is truly about. I hope it was inspiring

mugbull
30-12-2015, 01:19 AM
I didn't post on here from about mid-2011 to mid-2015 and in that interim my balls dropped, so i trust that explains the renaissance

Charlie
30-12-2015, 01:30 AM
Sometimes there has to be elaboration, Giggles.

John
30-12-2015, 01:32 AM
I deleted you from the list but you've just reminded me, Molton. I near lolled myself ill the other day at the thought of the person responsible for 'chicken on pasta' opening a cafe.

Pepe
30-12-2015, 02:43 AM
Quality lists so far, I am even tempted to do one.

igor_balis
30-12-2015, 02:52 AM
Mert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReGN-Y79DIE

Spoonsky
30-12-2015, 03:11 AM
Don't take it personally, he was trying to think of something

Oh, I don't take offence at being insulted by Jabba the Hut, I'm just curious what he means by it.

Spoonsky
30-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Does Tom post much lately? I don't think I have seen him in a while.

Twice in the past month. Hasn't responded to a Facebook message either. I reckon he was murdered in Beijing.

mugbull
30-12-2015, 06:15 AM
Nobody sends facebook messages any more you creep.

Spoonsky
30-12-2015, 06:31 AM
You're right I should have texted him.

Magic
30-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Why don't I do a list or come on here more often?

More often. You're like a secretive version of Boom. I bet you've got some right little stories to tell you dirty shite.

TG09
30-12-2015, 07:55 AM
More often. You're like a secretive version of Boom. I bet you've got some right little stories to tell you dirty shite.

Things have been busy, buying a house and getting married. Might have a few stories.

Magic
30-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Domestic? :drool:

TG09
30-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Domestic? :drool:

Hahaha not quiet yet :dc:

ScousePig
30-12-2015, 09:49 AM
I bet Kiko feels a right mug picking a name starting with a letter after I all those years before I joined. :loser:

Fucking Kiko does?? :mad:

Mazuuurk
30-12-2015, 11:34 AM
I actually did one. Haven't been around enough to feel I should bother the previous 2 years or so, but now I feel that while I'm not the most active, at least I read a fair amount these days. As a disclaimer, I'll start with an entry on myself, just to let you know I'm aware of my own shortcomings as well.

Mazuuurk - I basically have become a lurker, and my posting must generally be quite boring to everyone else. As demonstrated by the fact that I don't seem to even be in peoples lists anymore, and whenever I am it just says something like I "was good 7 years ago" back in the glory days. Which is true. The fact is that these days I don't feel as comfortable revealing intimate parts of my own life on here as I used to be, which makes what you can post about a little more limited. I've also - like many others on here - had my 'best' TTH periods when my life hasn't really been in much order, like when I was living in Paris and my girlfriend wasn't there, I was going out all the time, etc, or even the period before that when I was single and at times unemployed and just got wrecked the whole time. Which obviously made for fun stories - like during the time where everybody was at uni and Sandberg, Samadini and phonics told the most fucking hilarious stories. I hold on to this place because it's been such a big part of my life, really, and I still like it, but I just don't feel quite the same connection with everyone as I used to, or at least something akin to that. So I come in daily, but I just don't find all that much to say in many threads anymore.

Now, the list.
(quite a few people I don't know who they are since a lot of people changed names)

7om - Hasn't made much of an impression on me at all. Probably a very factual poster.

AD - Can't recall who this is, although the name rings a bell.

AE - AE's exploits coupled with actual genuinity in the Relationship thread - and the fact that he's in the US (still?) - makes him seem like what Mert could have been if Mert hadn't been a complete fucking shithead. The fact that he's also a B.E.A.S.T. helps his claim.

Alan Shearer 2nd - One of these posters that have been on here forever but that I never seemed to get a connection with in any which way. Not sure we've ever discussed much.

Alex - Our resident Hip-hop encyclopaedia. Really helpful for Hip-hop advice (although I don't think we have quite the same taste, he has a much wider spectrum of kinds of Hip-hop he will listen to).

Amigo - Not sure what happened to Amigo but he's found a friend or two, probably a walrus he calls Wally and feeds daily, convinced they have a connection worthier of his time than the internet.

Andy - I still can't see a single post from Andy without thinking about how he thought it was a good idea to eat about 30 painkillers in a day :D That said, he's definitely one of the most reasonable football fans around here (that being said, we hardly seem to have much fanboyism going on anymore, I guess we're all too old).

Angelsaint - Really glad he's back. He's cleaned up his act a little, which is nice as some stuff he wrote would make my eyes bleed before, but it seemed a little like he was just trolling all along which I guess was sort of true. Funny in the sense that I can't actually tell what he really stands for, for all his (mainly previous) claims of this and that. Colourful character which is exactly what we need to keep here.

Baz - A bit like Saint. Although I was never much bothered by Baz in the first place, his mugshots have always been quite awesome. The fact that he's been so helpful (whatever any super secret intentions he may or may not have had) with this backup plan place is worth a lot in my book as well. He's also posting with some more variety these days which is nice to see.

Benny - Never thought he was more than a hipstery fuck. Gonna keep saying that until he gets it. Gives the impressions he's puzzled about this which is hilarious. You can try all you want mate. Up in northern London, I reckon, living some sad dream of working for an ad agency or some such. Never gonna happen of course. Gonna tell you one thing, Benny. Let it be said that you are a complete fucking worthless piece of shit HIPSTER. You are a waste of space in real life. Down your last Kopparbergs and go kill yourself, please.

Bernanke - Fellow Swede bro. Just as reasonable and mature as I am.

Boom Boom - Is he still working our like a beast? This dude is clearly fuelled by some severe insecurities, but that said I've always been very jealous of his dedication to his own looks, which is something I can't manage on my own. Then again I don't really need to because I've got some natural charisma beaming of the forehead. That's right, Lewis.

Boydy - Is both quite nice, pleasant, but a miserable fuck at the same time. Not sure how that happens. It's probably like one of those cultural things like how Indians shake or wobble their heads when they mean "yes" but it just looks like they are trying to imitate a snake dance or something. Boydy is like he's trying to imitate a snake dance.

Byron - Good for the FM stuff, allround solid poster. Bit boring maybe.

Charlie - Really weird. Lives in like Hong Kong, right? Supports Bolton. Starts very random threads with long intros that don't seem to mean much. Always been like that. Posts in bursts, it seems to me.

Dan - Is this Dantastic? If so he's alright for being a Pompey and Final Fantasy fan.

Dark Soldier - DS is, of course, one of the best posters we've had on this board all time. Like most, his glory period was fuelled by his depression, so in a sense it's good to see that he's stepped back a little and posts more casually these days, as it probably means his life is better.

Davgooner - I like Dav because he supports Arsenal, which I kind of do as well, and he posts with some authority. He could elaborate more though, he's probably actually worse than Mahow when it comes to spouting one-line posts these days.

delakingois - Needs to come back. Never will. Up there with DS.

Dino - who is this? I feel like this is someone who's changed their old board name.

Disco Same here. Not sure who this is. SergeantDisco?

Dquincy - Actually seems like a more frequent poster these days compared to maybe 3 years ago. My own infrequency of posting may mean I just catch him at the right times though. Anyway, keep that up.

elth - Board could do with him back

Foe - Nobody cares about your muscles, bitch. Resident gayer. Bet bananas are his favourite fruit lol.

Giggles - Such a miserable whiny bitch. I don't know if it's an image thing, or if he's actually just miserable. Anyway, get to fuck with your miserable fucking posts and go shove a spiked rod up your arse, it will make you feel something.

GS - GS is a little grey, but ultimately lives on old merits as a great contributor to this board in many ways. He was the original Werewolf father, right, and has done quite a few stellar writing-up efforts. The autismo label seems a little old these days, maybe he's found a walrus (would probably be Sheep in his case) like Amigo.

Hammer - Enjoyable chap as he's so honest about his life and what goes on in it. Seems to do a lot of weird stuff and has a devil-may-care attitude towards it which comes off as almost kind of effortless (although he also seems to try a lot of things, maybe he's a bit of an easily bored person).

Harold - Harold fucking infuriates me, but I kind of think we need him back as he's the spark of some discussions. Kind of. But I wish he'd be a little more open to the opinions of others as well, the way he's completely stubborn about his own opinions, and unable to understand the concept or source-criticism, makes him so annoying. So, I guess I don't miss him, but I think maybe the board as a whole does? I dunno. I'm conflicted on this.

Henry - Seems to have lost a bit of his fervour. He needs Harold around to stay relevant, I think.

hfswjyr - This is the one with the stunning shots, right?

Ian - It's hard not to like Ian, he's the hear, speak, see no evil kind of guy. Still seems intelligent enough and contributes a lot to the board.

igor_balis - His name just sounds like Igors Balls, which is kind of funny.

ItalAussie - Ital is like the principal of a school these days. You don't really see him ever, but he holds that sort of authority over the students that regular teachers don't. And I don't mean that he's an admin, more that he's like an old voice of reason when he pops into discussion. At least thats the impression (whether it's actually reasonable, I dunno).

Jeet - Meh, Jeet has always been a fucking moron. But throughout all these years, he keeps posting, stays with it, and takes the abuse, maybe he realizes he deserves it, or something. So I'll give him that.

Jimmy Floyd - Jim is actually quite hilarious when you just imagine him in everyday life. He's this intelligent but a little introvert chap that doesn't ever seem to get where or what he actually wants because he ends up in these slightly odd situations like working for a bunch of Korean weirdos that just make any kind of communication even harder than it already was due to the introvertness. It was kind of the same when he was working for the police but just less extreme. The fact that he can't really be bothered to try to change this in his life makes him appear a little like an old dude who's just waiting a few more years to retire. He could really do with finding a girlfriend (I reckon he hasn't one..?), or boyfriend perhaps, and living his life a little more. He's like a more clever and educated version of Napoleon Dynamite.

John - John has always been quite good. A little headstrong in certain cases, specially when it comes to perceived idiocy in others on his part, but that's OK. Seems like he's not as miserable in his life as he used to be maybe 5 years ago.

Kiko - Keeks has always been one of the nicest guys around here. He's one of the people that always seemed to have it together, but still posted a lot anyway. I'd gladly go out with him some time, reckon it would be a fun night out akin to the one I had with Sandman years ago.

Lee - leecovfox...?

Lewis - I dunno, Lewis seemed like he got so filled up with his role on here that he's had throughout the years that he's stuck at being a little snide about everything to everyone. It's occasionally funny, but he's a little like a broken record as well. Back in the golden days there was more variety to what he posted, which was refreshing. He's not fat anymore, and seems to have a few friends, which is good for him but may have made him a little less humble? I don't know. Sort yourself out, try to be nice to some people on here once a day, at least.

Luca - Luca is like Keeks. Really nice, allround guy, seems to have his life together. We keep missing each other whenever he's in Stockholm. One of these days.

Magic - Magic gets good points on the sole basis of the sheer amount of shite he spouts. The candor with which he describes his life (although I have no clue how exaggerated it may be) is very nice. He's reminds me a little of this guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYco4bZNBp0), specially in that he in pursuit of eloquence seems to sometime very vividly use profane language, to the point where it's a little too much. You also have to learn not to take his demeanour for who he really is, I reckon he's actually this quite nice dude who definitely loves his daughter and probably to an extent his wife to (?), but uses this board for the sort of grass-is-greener-and-how-do-I-handle-it therapy that probably all men need as their lives become more and more settled.

Mahow - During the past 2 or so years Mahow has sort of moved away from the mindless post-boosting to telling us a little more about his life. The mugshot was huge (real or not), and the Ukraine saga (true or not) was entertaining as fuck, you have to admit.

Manc - Also stepped up the contribution recently, which is good to see.

Mellberg - Is this Mellin? Mellin is a don. If it's him.

Mike - Since Baz came back, Mike's picked up as well. Like the not-so-quirky version of Baz.

mokbull - Used to think he was a little retarded ages ago, but now I find him to be quite a decent poster generally.

Multi - SweBro. Seems like a real bro.

Nick - Meh, a little high and mighty. He send me a formal PM some time ago demoting me from being Mod (which I have no idea how I stayed for so long) because he didn't feel my contribution was frequent enough or some shite like that. As if it was a fucking job I was fired from :D

niko_cee - Great poster. Helpful, nice.

Panda Bear - Has faded a little. Probably sits in his room in a plaid shirt and rolled-up knitted cap drawing something he's claims to be architecture while the girlfriend he's proud of being in a deep and meaningful relationship is out getting it real good from some hulky hockey player that satisfies her in ways Pandas incessant pussylicking ('cause it should be fair') just can't achieve.

Pen - FinBro, miss seeing him around. Hope he would come to Stockholm sometime. Seems like a bit of a casual don. Not as much as me, but not many are.

Pepe - He could entertain us with mezcal-fuelled stories about the motherland or how he's exposed to daily racism in the US or you know anything, but all he seems to do is to spot Lewis demeanour and try to mimic it by being snide, the thing is he doesn't have the wit Lewis does so while Lewis may get it right occasionally, Pepe never does, which makes him really pointless.

phonics - phonics is fucking great, he basically set this whole place up more or less himself. He's also a good companion for playing Starcraft with. Reall wish he'd get his life together a bit. Suggestion would be to learn to code (he's still young enough to go to some school, I think?) a bit and try to go into UX, doing pure design, specially prints which I think he mainly has done before, isn't going to lead much anywhere. I've also dabbled with the idea of being a designer but moved on, eventually, and found I like what I do now a lot more anyway.

Raoul Duke - Hes a bit of a hipster. Not as much as Benny though. Raoul seems very nice, mind you.

Reg - Resident football poster. Could do with branching out a little.

Samadini - Always like Samadini. His uni-stories of old were, like I said above, glorious, but even though that seems to have passed he still has a nice posting style and brings something genuine to this place.

ScousePig - I don't have much to say about SP, but I like him in general so I'll leave him in here for an entry.

Shindig - The witticisms seem rarer, but when they do appear it's quite glorious, for that and the Gamezine efforts Shinners is admirable enough.

SvN - Seems like he occasionally thinks he's a little too good for this place, but then puts in a whole lot of effort to save the site and proves me wrong on that. I also admire that he would do that even though he doesn't seem to post that much. But I guess it's a bit like with me, maybe.

TimmSmiff - Smiffy has always been this really jovial but ultimately very boring poster. For all his dating stories nothing of interest seems to happen in his life and that just makes it a little dull to read most of the stuff he posts. Probably at his best in the FM thread.

Toby - Is he stuck in a door somewhere? Don't think I've seen him for a while. Maybe he fell over and the head was too heavy for him to get off the ground. Probably still lying around in a puddle somewhere, listening to emo pop in the one ear that's not to the ground. When he's here, he's nice.

Waffdon - Seriously, Waffles was better. Anyone who needs to call themselves "don" are blatantly not dons. Look at me, I'm a don, and I don't have to point that out do I? Change your name back you loser.

Wullie - It's like with Shinners. Wullie has been sort of defined by his witty jokes of the past few years though, and I think maybe like me feels less and less inclined to post anything personal or extensive on here. I wish it weren't so, but there you go.

Yevrah - Been one of the best posters the past few years. Doesn't seem to lose is fervour even in times of little activity. Has the casual storytelling ability to make something like an FM save with Eibar a thoroughly entertaining read without really even trying much (or so it comes off at least). The fact that he's strongly opinionated about many seemingly trivial things is also very refreshing, and oftentimes the spark of many good threads and discussions (never first expected the Nando's thread to get so big and good as it did, for instance). Is a little unique in the way that he rarely posts anything about his personal life (I think he even explicitly said he doesn't want to), but still manages to find quite a lot to say about a great many things, which is more than I can say about myself for sure, and many others on here as well.

Giggles
30-12-2015, 11:39 AM
For someone I didn't even know moved boards, thats a great effort.

Davgooner
30-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Igor, there's a slim chance of seeing me in the Midas Lounge, but fuck all chance of me drinking Carling.

igor_balis
30-12-2015, 11:49 AM
I was in there last night, followed by donner meat and chips from salman's. #rugbylife

simon
30-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Stop culling me, you twats.

I'm doing a list.

Davgooner
30-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Never been to Salman's despite them leafleting me about three times a week for five years.

Boydy
30-12-2015, 12:04 PM
My friend bought me a self-help book on happiness, so I've got that to read.

Can I borrow it after you're done?

Waffdon
30-12-2015, 12:07 PM
I'll do one if I have time. Will be properly good, like.

Charlie
30-12-2015, 12:47 PM
I deleted you from the list but you've just reminded me, Molton. I near lolled myself ill the other day at the thought of the person responsible for 'chicken on pasta' opening a cafe.

Sometimes it takes time for genius to be recognised. Chicken on pasta, steak on sweet potato, and potato cake tower, these are just a few dishes awaiting the lucky Asians.

Ian
30-12-2015, 12:50 PM
"How do you come up with your ideas?"
"Well it all started when I realised that I don't like things with taste and that other people shouldn't either."

Magic
30-12-2015, 01:26 PM
7om - I miss Seven. I remember last WDYTOE calling him and Pepe one and the same but I think that was a disservice. He certainly isn't (wasn't?) a standout member but I'd rather have him around than not.

Alan Shearer 2nd - Still a bit of a car lesbian. In fact outwith the Driving thread would you even be aware of his posting? Come on R055 step it up.

Andy - He's faded too. I still like reading his posts in football threads though.

Angelsaint - I don't know if I like the reformed Saint. Before he was a controversial annoying but quite funny cunt, now he's toned it down he's nothing more than a dribbling foreigner with legible English so you actually have the unfortunate task of having a genuine opinion rather than a garbled piece of incoherent shit you could write off.

Baz - I hated Baz. Now I don't. He's a bit of a mess but it's all a rather innocent mess. Childlike, almost. He reminds me a bit of J.M Barrie. He has that immature personality and would probably fall in love with a younger child but not in a sexual way.

Benny - Who? Really? What the fuck has happened to Benny? Apart from a few seethe's at least on this new board I've barely registered him at all.

Boom Boom - Simply cannot be a real person. I've stated it before I think it's a girl playing to extreme stereotypes of what she thinks men are really like.

Boydy - :wub: Outstanding sir. Really lightened up lately, I'd love to know why. You don't go from being a miserable moping cunt attending Anarchist meetings in ancient villages in Northern Ireland to setting up a punchbag, getting fit and suddenly developing this great sense of humour. I think he's got a bird that's changed him, or perhaps some sort of brain tumour.

Browning - Yes. Not noticeable enough to put a decent entry. Enjoy his football posts.

Byron - Making more of an impression on me as time goes on. IIRC used to be purely FM and football but don't think I haven't noticed you encroaching off topic threads. Like it.

Chrissy - Annoying, shouty, alternative, wannabe hipster that is the antithesis of comedy. How on earth this bell sponge got in to the Royal Navy is beyond me. Cut backs probably...is what I used to think. Now I actually don't mind Chrissy, he's changed which he's admitted and is far less annoying.

Danny - Needs to post more. I think he does actually if you take in to account the old board too.

Dark Soldier - He can't be arsed, and it shows. Far more of a loss than Taz, for example, even though he is still here. I liken it to a close family member that is suffering badly with Dementia.

Davgooner - Same old Dav. Nothing has changed, nothing ever will.

Foe - I like Foe, always have. He must be deeply unhappy inside and that sort of comes through. Materialistic gain is no match for the soul's unquenchable thirst for peace and happiness.

Giggles - Franny was a bit weird, any off remark would result in a sulk and greet. Now he's the 2nd most active poster on this board behind me (lol) so I'd like to thank him for his efforts. A powerhouse that has definitely helped this place be as active as it is.

Hammer - He's over his fingering other people's boyfriends stage and is now trying his hand at a decent relationship. Ironically I think he uses his psychology as a shield to hide his real feelings and potentially project them on to whoever he is dating, making him a literal mine field of emotion. I think we'll see several rinse and repeats, each time getting worse in the 'fuck everything' stage and 'date everything' stage. It'll end up with him becoming a bug chaser or something, I'm convinced.

Henry - Still as utterly bland as ever. 'Yeah guys, so I parked just outside the old guy's drive so it made it all the more difficult for him to see when he is coming out of it. That'll teach the bastard to leave his bins out until 8 at night!' What does disappoint me is his apathy towards political threads now. Total shitebag taking the GS route of 'everyone knows what I think meh meh meh'. Henry offered an opposing view but I guess Harold who normally kept that in check went absolutely insane and this is a sad consequence of that.

Ian - :) Seems like a genuinely happy bloke. I reckon we'd absolutely destroy him on a real meet and he'd go home a quivering wreck. The avatar thing is a bit gay though.

igor_balis - Oh MAN. Where have you been all my life Igor. The ying to my wang. I reckon I'm actually too cool for him in real life but Waff would bring us together and a beautiful friendship would form. I reckon he's a bloody mess of a human being, who nobody quite 'gets'. I get you, man. I get you.

Jeet - Let's not beat about the bush, Jeet is an appalling poster. In real life it must be worse. I reckon people at his work have actually faked cancer and went through with all the chemotherapy just to avoid his lifeless patter. But, just as you thought all was lost, he'll come back with a completely unexpected belter of a post. Unfortunately, twice a year isn't good enough.

Jimmy Floyd - Do I believe the stories? Is Floyd imaginative enough to make it up? No. It must all be true. He's become Shindig before he was completely destroyed by capitalism. It might be all lol at the moment but those lengthy posts will slowly reduce to one liners of critical desperation. I do like how the whole Chelsea scandal has made him completely lose touch with footballing reality though.

John - I fucking hate and adore John. I imagine he buys certain bathbombs so he can make his bathwater look like a loyalist flag before slowly slipping in and masturbating on to the Rampant Lion transfer on his chest. Quite how on earth he managed to achieve seraphic levels of observation and translate them in to such wonderful prose is beyond me. I'd love to know how, but I reckon I'd be disappointed.

John Arne - Solid poster. Like Giggles but less miserable. KUTGW.

Kiko - He has completely flown the nest of shared misery. It wasn't looking that way a couple of years ago Sunny Jim so fucking remember your roots.

Lee - He is the board's best. LeeCovFox used to be a shit version of Dav IIRC but since he's opened up I actually feel like I know him and would love to know him in real life. Such a fucking sound bloke with problems like the rest of us but I've always felt he's been in total control of his situations. A pillar of TTH society.

leedsrevolution - This is where Hammer will end up. It's a shame we didn't see LR on here in the days where he had real problems because I reckon it would have been a joy to behold. Seems to have sort of sorted it out but to me at least it feels like he's on the edge of a black hole being sucked in to utter doom, both dead and alive at the same time.

Lewis - Sublime, as usual. I think a lot of Lewbear's material (by the fucking way I accidentally called a girl in my work Loubear as her name is Louise. We both awkwardly shrugged it off but she definitely talks to me less now) has been lost because his utter height of supremacy is nothing more than a whisper on the wind, references lost to the sands of time. Only a few get it now, and at some point it won't be worth doing any longer. Needs to find a new path. Don't lose it mate.

Luca - What even needs to be said here. He's the envy of the board, and why shouldn't he be? He's modest, humble, kind, rich, caring, fucking everything I'm not, the shit bastard. Seeing him on Facebook on big fuck off luxury yachts sipping '99 Cristal surrounded by equally enigmatic snatch is wonderful. You just know he's probably a virgin waiting for the right girl. Unfortunately I'd have snorted myself in to an early grave with every STD known to man had I had such wealth and axe wounds readily available.

Mahow - Just a strange man. Probably overshadowed by more successful siblings he's retreated in to a shell of loneliness where we are his only true escape. Being himself is not an option because he is nothing, he can be true to nothing. I'm not sure what he needs to ignite the tiny, tiny fuse in his fat belly and I don't think anyone does. He clearly lost someone very dear to him in his dad which no doubt prompted the Ukraine shitness, I hope How finds happiness. By fuck he doesn't deserve it but we do.

Manc - Yeah I'm digging Manc. I've no idea if he was on the old board or not but I'm warming to him rather nicely indeed.

Mazuuurk - I'm hot and cold on Maz at the moment. He was a bit of a self-righteous tosser on a few occasions recently but I'm willing to forgive that because he is coming back to his old self. Probably needs Pert to set the benchmark for him on how good we want the Scandi's to be.

Mellberg - This is Mellin, right? Just post more mate, I love it.

Mike - A more sensible version of Baz. Will probably use his Primary School links to satisfy his brother's predatory instincts.

mokbull - Obviously a clever and aware individual but very prone to melting down and becoming absolute shit very quickly. Other than that, :)

niko_cee - Again another clearly quality poster that needs to post fucking more.

Pepe - He's miles better than Seven, and one of the best on here. Can still be a little bitch sometimes though. Difficult to live with, I'd imagine.

phonics - In a bad way, I suppose this is some well deserved retribution for being such a smug cunt previously. Saved the board so fair play. Get your life sorted soon.

randomlegend - Been very quiet of late. Working a lot? This is the problem with a 6 month WDYTOE. If someone has a quiet spell it's hard to write anything decent. Erm...keep taking those Tramadol m8.

Raoul Duke - Quite an amusing seethe when SvN and Phonics froze out his 'expertise' but annoying because he could have helped. Part of the furniture and a good poster to boot.

Reg - Secretive crybaby twat. A masturbator of heatmaps and stats and not someone I'd like to have a chat about footie with.

Sam - Not been posting long enough but didn't want to omit you mate because I do notice you. Unless this is Samoth, in which case fucking lol.

Samadini - The odd reminder of why everyone likes him so much but it's few and far between, for fuck's sake how many more times do I have to say post more.

ScousePig - I'm a fan of the pig. I had no idea he was basically suicidal a few years ago so it really pleases me to see the shape the pinheaded cunt is in today. His fued with Benny was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on the internet.

Shindig - Occasional moments of brilliance. I'm sure he just lurks everywhere waiting for someone to post something he can throw a witty retort at, something that looks like it's been prepared for weeks if not months.

Simon - I like Simon but I don't really have much to say about him. We get on on the forum, I'm sure I'd like him in real life, the place would definitely be worse without him etc.

Spoonsky - I've really warmed to Spoon. I used to think he was an annoying little freakish gimp that probably still sucked his mum's tits before bed, but now I get him for what he is. It's been nice to watch him grow in to a...bigger child? He's a breath of fresh air, a break from the insufferable normality of our Western society but without trying to obviously be so. He's not a hipster at all and just is what he is. I like that and he should be commended for it. Plus if he still does suck his mum's tits it'll probably be for sexual gratification in some Mormon incestual ritual as opposed to the weird breastmilk thing I alluded to earlier.

SvN - Saved us. A legend for that alone. I liked him before that though, wholly inoffensive and a good contributor.

The Merse - He was destined to join Hammer in the fetish clubs I was absolutely sure of that, pirate-gate cemented him in the lunatic book. He did have a rough time of it but I think his cunt girlfriend was keeping that at bay. It's good to see him actually enjoying work, which is always a good distraction from personal issues (lolinorite).

TimmSmiff - Seems to be happier, which means he's now insufferable. I wouldn't sacrifice my happiness on here for his though so that's fine (grr). I really don't get the whole younger girls thing which is just fucking weird and creepy. Is he scared of meeting someone his own age with the same life experiences? Very immature and needs to sort that out immediately before it goes too far.

Toby - Underrated because of his woeful 'bantz'. Living in the Shetlands must drive him mad because he can't make those stupid, condescending comments you can in a big city because you'll never see the person again. He must have no tongue left from all the biting.

Vim - Boring little cunt. Him and Spoon are of the same era and it just goes to show how different they've come to be. I reckon eventually Vim will turn to weightlifting to substitute his complete lack of personality and end up like those desolate fuckwits on Jersey Shore.

Waffdon - :cool: Waff is turning in to what Andy was but with a shit load more chat to go with it. Can't wait to see what the next 5 years brings because the last 5 have been great watching him turn in to current Waff.

Weaver - Yes. Keep posting.

Wullie - Dare I omit Wullie? Does he post enough to merit being on this list? Such a shame.

Yevrah - A crying shame he's happy outside the board, we've lost one of the best, lads. It's weird to think this whole time Harvey Yevrah actually had another half, because I was adamant he was a better version of Mahow. How ironic he's now ditched her and he's probably having a great time of it. Bastard. She must have been a right cunt.

phonics
30-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Oh, I don't take offence at being insulted by Jabba the Hut, I'm just curious what he means by it.

Ding, ding, ding

Our first seethe.

Boydy
30-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Must be a brain tumour.

Spammer
30-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Using Psychology to hide my true feelings :D. How would that work?

Might be a half-decent point about dating though.

leedsrevolution
30-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Yeah magic got me nailed on. Good list.

Pepe
30-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Best list so far from Magic.

Had we done awards instead of WDYTOE, would Lewis have been dethroned, by Magic? :sherlock:

phonics
30-12-2015, 02:12 PM
The massive upturn in positive comments :cool: I spent a decade either not making the list or being called a cunt before.

Dark Soldier
30-12-2015, 02:14 PM
You're still a cunt, don't fret.

Lewis
30-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Best list so far from Magic.

Had we done awards instead of WDYTOE, would Lewis have been dethroned, by Magic? :sherlock:

He's the most worthy challenger to have emerged since 2009.

That Mahow entry.

Giggles
30-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Mellberg is Mellin? How did I not cop that?

Pepe
30-12-2015, 02:18 PM
It only happened a few days ago I think.

Reg
30-12-2015, 03:21 PM
:D had no idea you thought that about me, Magic. I think you're one of the funniest on here so I'm not too fussed about taking an insult.

Scouse's "feud" with Benny was a long running joke, I'm pretty sure.

Magic
30-12-2015, 03:50 PM
:D had no idea you thought that about me, Magic. I think you're one of the funniest on here so I'm not too fussed about taking an insult.

Scouse's "feud" with Benny was a long running joke, I'm pretty sure.

I'm very wary of posters that reveal absolutely nothing about their lives. Maybe it's a vulnerability because I'm an open, disgusting, spilled on book.

ScousePig
30-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Reg seems to be getting some stick, which has surprised me.

If I did one of those tiers things lolbull came up with, there'd only be one person below Benny.

Toby
30-12-2015, 04:34 PM
You have always been pretty hard on yourself.

Toby
30-12-2015, 04:37 PM
I've only read snippets of lists so far, so lolled when I scanned through Maz's and read these back to back:

7om - Hasn't made much of an impression on me at all. Probably a very factual poster.

Charlie - Really weird. Lives in like Hong Kong, right? Supports Bolton. Starts very random threads with long intros that don't seem to mean much. Always been like that. Posts in bursts, it seems to me.

ScousePig
30-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Pointless me making one by the way. Waffelz is a cunt, Benny is a cunt, Magic is a likeable cunt, Ian and Lee (as a pair) continue to be two of the best posters despite always being noobs, Boydy started posting more and Lewis rules the roost since Jimmy started working for the Koreans and Yevrah got a better life.

Giggles
30-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Pointless me making one by the way. Waffelz is a cunt, Benny is a cunt, Magic is a likeable cunt, Ian and Lee (as a pair) continue to be two of the best posters despite always being noobs, Boydy started posting more and Lewis rules the roost since Jimmy started working for the Koreans and Yevrah got a better life.

Who's below Benny though?

Jimmy Floyd
30-12-2015, 07:18 PM
7om: Count your blessings, champ, at least she’s not Korean.
AD: Why would you go to Cambridge and then spend all your time there researching the minutiae of the Estonian reserve leagues in a bid to make marginal gains betting on them? It smacks of what our frogging friends might call un gaspillage de temps.
Alan Shearer 2nd: So what are you driving these days?
Amigo: Seems on his rare visits back to be much the same as he ever was, which makes me wonder what is so great about elsewhere.
Andy: Still performs a much needed role of covering different football clubs, much like Lee 'n' Max do for Leicester. If everyone supported the big teams it would be boring.
Angelsaint: The recent Star Wars film coming out reminded me of the only one of the series I’ve seen (Episode 1) and perhaps its most distinctive character, Jar-Jar Binks, which in turn brings me to Saint.
Baz: Still just talks about himself.
Bernanke: Adjectives in English do not need a hyphen between themselves and the noun they describe. To do so is to let on that you are some kind of generic-Aryan-person.
Boydy: I’d love to send him to that secret room in Hogwarts which presents you with everything your heart desires, just to find out if he still whinges about it.
Byron: I haven't seen him post a lot recently. Was solid and I don't want to leave him out.
Charlie: Remind me what is so great about Taiwan that you are there and not here? I would say the food, but, well.
Chrissy: Bit of a hero really.
CJay: Seems a nice chap. Bit smug about football though. Mes que un bog.
Cord: His posts are rare but golden. I probably look out for them more than those of any other individual. He should have a diary in a magazine somewhere. His is an authentic contemporary voice of downbeat melancholy, with a hint of despair.
Dan: The success of American football here really does baffle me. There is no underlying emotional connection between anyone involved in the sport and any of its British fans, and the game itself is rubbish, so why?
Danny: Anyone who likes cricket is innately superior to anyone who doesn’t. The worst thing is that the people who don’t like cricket don’t actually realise just what they’re missing.
Dark Soldier: Little more than the ghost at the wedding these days.
Davgooner: I imagine that his rear window has a huge, cuddly :thumbgrin: toy dangling within.
Dino: This name suits his latest persona better than ‘James’, or ‘hydrocephalus’. A lot of that may be down to the fact that it’s actually his name. Otherwise, file under AD, except replacing Cambridge with wherever the fuck he is these days. Betting’s no good as a lifestyle, I don’t care how well you do at it. You’re never in control of your own destiny.
Disco: My old man, who loves a fruity sport-based opinion, said the other week: ‘I have no sympathy for Michael Schumacher. He spent his career risking other people’s lives, and now he knows what it feels like’, the irony being, of course, that he doesn’t.
Foe: I’ve not been to Shetland (I have been to Orkney, where I believe they actually venerate the Neolithic ruins in aspirational rather than historical terms). If this leaves you thinking Aberdeen to be a thriving cultural nirvana then I can only imagine the horror.
Giggles: Is to cynics what Attila is to Huns. He must have a loving, sensitive side that he conceals from us, in the same way that you wouldn’t tell your mates down the pub (does anyone actually have mates down the pub, other than in Men Behaving Badly?) that you love a sparkling autumn sunset.
GS: These days he’s just the yin to Henners’s yang.
Hammer: Doesn’t seem to care that he is, as Malcolm Tucker once said, fucking MENTAL, which I suppose is to his credit. Being brutally honest I’d possibly rather I hadn’t had to spend quite as much of my 2015 picturing his red raw naked buttocks, but if that is what is needed to bring some much needed colour to the board, then who are the people to complain?
Henry: Although he’s a far better poster than Harold, not that that’s difficult, in a way they sort of need each other, in the way ISIS need infidels. I enjoy his book reviews.
Ian: A late convert to the way of the enlightened (cricket), he seems to have fully embraced it, and in this regard I champion the zeal of the convert. Without it, he’d be on drugs, or in a gang of street pickpockets.
igor_balis: I quite like him. God loves a trier.
ItalAussie: He now seems in a zen-like state, which is understandable as he isn’t in England anymore and therefore sees some natural sunlight occasionally between the months of August and August.
Jeet: Britain ruled India for over 100 years, dealt in millions of pounds worth of commodities, installed 23 Governor-Generals and 22 Viceroys, exploited millions, built railways, brought Christendom and the rule of law, and all for this cunt.
John: I love John. The other day I went in a bit too deep on some topic or other, and there he was in an instant, like a Glaswegian Rottweiler, sinking his drug-stained fangs into the noxious flesh of my opponents, and taking all the flak afterwards. What a guy. The thinking man’s John Smeaton.
John Arne: Normally I accuse him of preying on submissive women here, so I’ll revise that statement to give him a bit of a break and declare instead that all white men in Asia are there to prey on submissive women. I’ve also answered my own earlier question about Charlie there.
Kiko: Lovely man, though not quite as lovely as Sama because he likes Edward Snowden and all that jazz.
Lee: His policy seems to be one of total honesty, either in telling us how good he is at his job and how much money he has, or telling us how shit other people are at his work, or telling Lauren that her bum not only looks big in that but is just generally fat and smells. It sounds like he’s managed to moderate the last part recently, so that will no doubt be to his benefit. Top poster.
Lewis: I don’t buy the prevailing narrative. He seems to be adapting quite well to failing at life, which not everybody does (adapts, that is), so all credit to him. I’m starting to believe that Tony is actually doing a number on us here.
Luca: This is a man who read in a throwaway post on a forum that I collect football scarves from source (got a Palermo one the other day, my first pink, absolutely loving it) and, at his own volition and his own expense, posted me a Toronto FC one. They don’t make them like him anymore, except when they do.
Magic: The only more ghastly thought than the idea that we don’t get the full story is the idea that we do. Still, he’s our dysfunctional fuckhead, and when Mrs J finally takes the nuclear option, justified or otherwise, the van will be there sorting him a custody lawyer and making sure his internet connection remains relatively stable. If RL happens to be on van duty, he’ll also be the beneficiary of some marvellous patisserie, wielding which he will be able to approach the fat controller and shout ‘Shove this down your cakehole’.
Mahow: The randomness of his posting these days is bewildering. One minute it’ll be a common garden slagging off of Angel Di María, then he’ll post a recipe for mini treacle tarts, and then he’ll ask why his vibrator doesn’t fit in his front shirt pocket without looking embarrassing, and you’ll wonder if the three are linked in some way beyond the poster’s username, but of course they aren’t, it’s all just words.
Max Power: Very good.
Mazuuurk: His entry on me was the most accurate of all time I think.
Mellberg: When Birmingham finally falls to the Islamists, Mellin will be the last man left alive, sitting with the last cigar and the last drop of Scotch in his flat as the stereo plays Nearer My God To Thee. There will be a pounding at the door, as the mullahs finally break through the final line of discarded air con units to breach Casa Mellin, and as he sees a group of bearded men cave in a council streetlamp across the road, the final words in his journal will ring sadly out through history. The lamps are going out all over Sparkhill, and we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime.
mokbull: Seems to have hit that point in your late teens and early twenties when you (wrongly) reckon you’ve cracked it. I won my two Best Poster awards at that age, so at least I didn’t let the period go entirely to waste.
niko_cee: For an Ozophile, he’s pretty good.
Pepe: In a way I don’t want to be too harsh on him, but in another way his posts are balls.
phonics: If to be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life, phonics has snorted a line of coke off his winning ticket and flushed it down the lavatory. He has high end creative skills in the number 1 or 2 country for GDP per capita in the world, and yet he lives off a diet that a famished stray dog in the slums of Bangladesh would not even consider eating if it found a year’s supply in a bag marked ‘Fido’.
randomlegend: Doesn’t seem to have much range these days beyond United, doctoring and profiteroles. Actually, fuck it, that’s not a bad trio.
Raoul Duke: Cool geezer. I imagine him owning a jazz club.
Reg: Much depends on how old he is. If he’s 18-21, he’s a good poster. If he’s 25 or above, he should probably be a lot better than he is. I’ll always read his football stuff, even if he wants the game to be more complex than it is.
Sam: Your club/town is a stain.
Samadini: Loveliest man ever, and I say this from meeting him once for a couple of hours and reading all his posts here over a period of time. He is the sort of person, unlike most of us here, who genuinely deserves a happy ending.
ScousePig: A bit more irate than he used to be, but fuck it, still a solid customer. There was a period of a year or so when he was in the top three posters, but that’s probably ancient history now.
Shindig: Speaking of which, Shindig’s better stuff now resides in the Natural History Museum, but he’s still here and who can knock him.
Simon: He asked us not to leave him out, so I haven’t. These days he’s probably right about Chelsea slightly more often than Toby is, which is an unexpected turn of events.
SincereTheRebel: Was good until we switched boards. Appears to have returned only in Safe Mode.
Spoonsky: I reckon we’d be top mates if we knew each other for real, give or take the decade age gap, and the fact that he likes fun and I hate it.
SvN: I never liked him in the past because he always seemed way too cocky and I can’t be doing with that. These days, though, I like him a lot more.
The Merse: Plenty of time for him.
TimmSmiff: Lunatic (alright, shove off Mencap) but he clearly needs the place, so good luck to him, even though it doesn’t necessarily need him.
Toby: He has always been best when in Shetland as compared to when in the Scottish Republic, perhaps because it gets dark at lunchtime and so posting on here is the best entertainment there is. It is so at the moment.
Waffdon: I’m sure he’s a legend, but I’ll let him be one elsewhere.
Weaver: Advanced robotics.
Wullie: Please break up with your wife/girlfriend at once and marry into my family, it would take all the pressure off me to be funny at Christmas.
Yevrah: Is there any concrete evidence of him now having a better life, or did the broom just take her broadband with her?

Boydy
30-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Your return key broken?

Boydy
30-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Lee: His policy seems to be one of total honesty, either in telling us how good he is at his job and how much money he has, or telling us how shit other people are at his work, or telling Lauren that her bum not only looks big in that but is just generally fat and smells. It sounds like he’s managed to moderate the last part recently, so that will no doubt be to his benefit. Top poster.

Magic: The only more ghastly thought than the idea that we don’t get the full story is the idea that we do. Still, he’s our dysfunctional fuckhead, and when Mrs J finally takes the nuclear option, justified or otherwise, the van will be there sorting him a custody lawyer and making sure his internet connection remains relatively stable. If RL happens to be on van duty, he’ll also be the beneficiary of some marvellous patisserie, wielding which he will be able to approach the fat controller and shout ‘Shove this down your cakehole’.

These two. :lol:

Bernanke
30-12-2015, 07:42 PM
In my defense, nordvästersjökustartilleriflygspaningssimulatoranl äggningsmaterielunderhållsuppföljningssystemdiskus sionsinläggsförberedelsearbeten is a (sort of) grammatically correct word in Swedish, so I compulsively want to bring words together.

Edit: The forum forcefully breaks it up. :D

Smiffy
30-12-2015, 07:50 PM

Smiffy
30-12-2015, 07:51 PM

Magic
30-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Beautiful seethe. :drool:

Giggles
30-12-2015, 07:54 PM
And we have our first real seethe.

Smiffy
30-12-2015, 07:58 PM

Boydy
30-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Has there ever been a WDYTOE without a Smiffy seethe?

Lewis
30-12-2015, 08:02 PM
*day

Giggles
30-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Has there ever been a WDYTOE without a Smiffy seethe?

I'd actually find the real need for approval here to be rather worrying if I were him. If it's one of the only things stopping it all tipping then it's a poor basket to have those eggs in.

Smiffy
30-12-2015, 08:03 PM

Magic
30-12-2015, 08:04 PM
He'd do well to heed these observations before he ends up in solitary.

Smiffy
30-12-2015, 08:05 PM

Lee
30-12-2015, 08:23 PM
These two. :lol:

It's the worst compliment I've ever received. If not for the "top poster" bit I'd think he has called me a cunt. Actually, the "top poster" bit doesn't mean that isn't the case. Well played, Floyd.

Pepe
30-12-2015, 08:28 PM
A Smiff seethe is hard to enjoy as it is all too easy to get. Good list from Jimmy there.

Smiffy
30-12-2015, 08:40 PM

TG09
30-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Eagles fly alone but sheep flock together. Etc etc.

Alright Cantona

Giggles
30-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Alright Cantona

cantona

Toby
30-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Jimmy's lists are always great for humour but terrible for accuracy.

Jimmy Floyd
30-12-2015, 09:44 PM
You're shit. Better?

Lee
30-12-2015, 09:49 PM
7om He doesn't seem to have any time for us now he's in China committing human rights abuses/been killed by the sinister sounding father-in-law. Shame, I liked him.

Andy Seems to have moved on from football-mad borderline alcoholic to responsible business-owner with an eye on marriage and mortgage. This time next year Mrs Andy will be up the duff, I imagine. Good luck to him.

Angelsaint I didn't pay that much attention on the old board but he was very obviously a terrible poster. He isn't any longer but has become increasingly muddled recently. His love for Jose Mourinho is bizarre.

Bam If I was this thick I'd have hanged myself some time ago.

Baz Another one who I thought was shit but no longer is. I like him. He funny and, I think, quite a nice chap. Haircut though, mate.

Boydy When I first joined TTH and he was posting a lot he was my favourite poster. I think the board missed him when he was happy with life and didn't need us any more so I'm delighted that he has sunk into relative depression and is back with us full time. Cracking poster.

Charlie Charlie is a wonderful poster. He had huge bollocks to move to the other side of the world only to prostitute himself to whoever it is he teaches and remain depressed about the plight of Bolton Wanderers. He has a posting style which gets me laughing even if what he is posting about shouldn't be very funny. Good lad.

Chrissy I think Chrissy is a lovely bloke, who does himself harm by being particularly sensitive. I gather he now has a kid with a woman he fell in love with after about a week which seemed to be a bit of a theme for a time. The falling in love quickly, not the fathering children. He beats himself up too much on occassion for his comedy which is daft. You get paid to do something you love, mate. You're a lucky bastard. A funny one too, when you get your delivery eight for this place.

Dark Soldier Has he given up? He has periods like this, doesn't he? I joined here well after his peak but I've been around long enough to appreciate the good moments. He's fine just popping in and out, just so long as he doesn't start forgetting to pop in.

Davgooner Dav's quality. He rarely gives much away about his character but it doesn't matter when his laughs per words typed hit rate is so high.

elth You're a massive arsehole, mate.

Foe One of many very nice people we have on here. I think Magic is right in that Foe never seems quite happy. If he finds a woman to love him back he'll be just fine.

Giggles Giggles has surprised me in becoming among the best posters we have since the move. I don't know if he has changed or I have just paid more attention now he is more prolific. Either way, I gope it stays this way. There have always been a few I think I'd enjoy a long evening in a proper old man's pub with and Giggles is now in that group.

GS It's a pity, what's become of GS. I'm sure it isn't meant this way but for a little while now I've felt that he thinks he's too good for us now. Eighteen months ago he was our best contributor. Now he is one of the worst. I doubt it will be long before he disappears totally which is probably for the best at this stage. Perhaps he just likes his life now. I hope so. I put his decline down to him coming out as a 'High Tory', by the way.

Hammer He's a raving pervert and I love him for it. He likes to dress his experiences up a bit but in the end it comes down to having other people make you spunk by doing weird stuff to you. Fair enough.

Henry I like Henry. I enjoy his input in the politics thread and also his contribution to the books thread. But I worry that without Harold he's like Malcolm Tucker was when he returned after having been sacked by Steve Fleming. In that episode Glen asked whether Malcolm was dying, such was his concern for his apparently weakened character. I don't want Harold back because he's a cunt, but if his presence helps Henry get it up then I'll sacrifice my own enjoyment.

Ian I don't have much to say other than that I think you're a very nice chap and that I read all of your posts. Quietly one of the best we have.

Jimmy Floyd As for everybody else, Floyd has always been well up there for me. The ongoing Korean debacle has only improved his posting, which is some feat. I like to think he has only stuck with it as long as he has because he knows we like to hear about it.

John I've thought a lot of John ever since he let me vent via PM a few years ago when I was terrified that my mother was about to die. It was unnecessarily kind and is the sort of gesture you remember. Beyond that he is just a top rate poster. I suppose you could argue that he is unduly honest with some of our more limited peers but it makes me laugh when he is so I don't really care.

Kiko The handsome fucker seems very happy with his lot and I'm insanely jealous that he will definitely be off to live somewhere hot and attractive before long. He's a good lad though, so I'm pleased for him. That said, I'm glad of his weekly dose of Manchester United flavoured misery. Everybody needs something to keep them grounded.

Lewis Lewis is by fart he funniest poster we have and is a great read on all things history and politics. I love his posts about his family dynamic, partly because they make me laugh and partly because they make me feel less of a wanker for thinking the same way he does about my own relatives. He'll never get bored of this place and he genuinely cares about the community.

Luca You just can't begrudge him anything he achieves because he's just so nice. Our paths don't cross on here all that often but I like him very much.

Magic My favourite poster. I think we're quite similar in temperament and definitely in humour. If I eber have the misfortune to find myself on the east coast of Scotland we'll meet for a pint or several. It's a shame he isn't happy but he delivers the message to us so well you almost hope they continue, so long as they don't result in him offing himself. He's a much bigger pervert than Hammer could ever dream of being which I appreciate very much, as this also applies to me.

Mahow The Ukraine stuff was just odd and I'm not entirely convinced that it was a wind up or indeed that it doesn't continue to this day. Obviously that's his business and a lot of slack should be cut given the loss of his dad. Other than that How does seem a happier person than he has been in precious years and I hope he does well through uni and ends up teaching if that's still what he wants. If it all goes wrong there's always TEFL in Kiev.

Max Power I get the most enjoyment from Max's cricket posts rather than anything Leicester City related. I know nothing about cricket beyond a potted history of Leicestershire CCC but the sport fascinates me so I sometimes lurk in the dedicated thread. Max and Floyd are both well worth a read in there and manage to be funny and informative even for those who understand nothing of what they read.

Mellberg He should post more, especially now Villa are so bad.

Pepe I've always thought Pepe was good but he is much better since we moved over here. I don't have much to say as we don't come into much contact but I wanted to be nice about him, so there.

phonics Saved TTH and starves himself so he can afford his weekend drug addict. All of which combined make him a wonderfully prickly poster who I like far better now than in the old place. Fuck your health, just stay as you are.

Reg I really enjoy Reg's posts. He's had some stick for overanalysing football matches but I like bit of that and think he's good at it. He's a good all round contributor.

Shindig I'm not sure I understand what he gets out of it but he's harmless enough and comes out with the odd amusing line. If he ever leaves I'll worry that he's dead.

Simon Simon comes across as a lot more comfortable in his own skin these days. Or, in other words, he has grown up. He has lost weight, given up the poker, seen a bit of the world and has got into uni. That sounds like a fantastic year. Good.

Spoonsky Confession: I envy Spoonsky something rotten. He is lucky enough to have educated and curious parents who have broadened his horizons at an early age with plentiful travel and access to arts. He comes across as extraordinarily confident fpr somebody of his age and I have no doubt that he'll be hugely succesful in life. Perhaps not in terms of career or money, but that's just fluff around the edges anyway. He'll do something interesting and be fulfilled. I see something of myself in him and I think it's great that he has had the start he has in life.

The Merse It has been a shocking year but it does look as though he has got stuff together now. I don't think we have anything in common really but I think he's well-intentioned and bright. Deserved an entry, anyway.

TimmSmiff Stark raving fucking mad. I don't think he's a bad lad and he's apparently in a much better place than he has been for some time. Certainly the longest interval between meltdowns that I've noticed. He remains painfully insecure though and I find him to be an annoying poster. But if being on here stops him jumping in front of a train then, by all means, carry on.

Toby There was a stage around the last WDYTOE that I thought Toby was our best poster. I didn't bother with a list so npnody knew that. What a shit secret. Anyway, he's still great, I've just noticed him less lately.

Yevrah I think Yev might be drifting away from us. If I'm right I'll feel sad about that. He's a great poster and was very much missed during his previous posting hiatus. I found his posts very helpful when I was having relationship difficulties during the summer and although his assertions on what was wrong and what would result turned out to be wrong hos perspective was valuable to me. Perhaps the breakdown of his own relationship is why we don't see so much of him these days. Less anger and less free time from avoiding the missus. His life is probably a blissful cycle of work-pub-wank-sleep now. Bastard.

Toby
30-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Bam If I was this thick I'd have hanged myself some time ago.

My first "Fucking hell :D" of the thread, and perhaps one of the best since Pongo was around.

Dark Soldier
30-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Not given up, I just don't visit forums much these days is all. Good lists gents.

Smiffy
30-12-2015, 10:08 PM

Magic
30-12-2015, 10:14 PM
I'd imagine it is difficult for you to create coherent sentences.

Mellberg
30-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Jim's entry is definitely the strangest I've ever had.

randomlegend
30-12-2015, 10:19 PM
The amount if time I've sunk into this place to still get deleted from the majority of lists is vaguely depressing :D

Boydy
30-12-2015, 10:22 PM
I got as far as 7om and thought fuck it. Everyone already knows. It's just regurgitated rubbish now. Outdated even, a sign why TTH remains a stagnant pit of faeces.

The seethe continues.

Boydy
30-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Lee just likes other people to be miserable, doesn't he?

Giggles
30-12-2015, 10:25 PM
The seethe continues.

How does it even happen based on a strangers opinion on a message board?

Lee
30-12-2015, 10:25 PM

It makes for a more interesting TTH. If you could all be happy and still moan just as well I'd be well up for it. There is something funny in other people's problems though.

Smiffy
30-12-2015, 10:30 PM

phonics
30-12-2015, 10:30 PM
I don't think there's been a single correlation of a TTH poster being in a great place in life and being at their best posting. It's why all comedians are fucking miserable.

phonics
30-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Because someone says seethe and the sheep follow. Standard form. #stillseethingapparentlyhonestlymaybeyeahprobababl yamnow

#NoHaroldChimpout

The Merse
30-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Shit. I thought we were doing these in Summer and just the awards in the winter? You narcissistic fuck, Mokbull.

I always care a bit too much and decide I must do one and then find it painfully difficult some around Lee (perhaps also as that's just off the back of the gushing praise third including Jimmy, Lewis and GS which has seen me write up the same entries for years).

Fuck it, will give it a go on New Years Day probably.

mugbull
30-12-2015, 11:17 PM
You should consider putting them in tiers. It's really a unique concept and eliminates the problem of alphabetization. Just make sure to cite me.

The Merse
30-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Good lists chaps. Jimmy's list is fucking superb, also Lee's entry on Henry is amongst the finest few lines of WDYTOE I've read in a while. Maz's self analysis being about as long as the rest of his list and Mokbull's formatting have rather add to the enjoyment too. Yep, I'm contributing.

Never been to Salman's despite them leafleting me about three times a week for five years.

Salman's is the shit. If my quest for a relatively low key NYE where I have 4G in the morning ends up in Rugby (Hungary and West Wales were my main two options, but I'm on call from 7am so they're out of the window - it remains a big 'if' given that I had some truly awful NYE's in my time in Rugby), then I will definitely be there at 4am.

The Merse - He was destined to join Hammer in the fetish clubs I was absolutely sure of that, pirate-gate cemented him in the lunatic book. He did have a rough time of it but I think his cunt girlfriend was keeping that at bay. It's good to see him actually enjoying work, which is always a good distraction from personal issues (lolinorite).

Yeah... About that... New boss, and first one in a few years that hasn't worshipped my prowess. Big personality clash - I'm too objectionable for her liking (nod to John) - basically it boils down to her being all Project Management orientated and keen to chuck stuff in play as soon as she's had the idea and then continuous improve it to death, and me being all Change sensitive. I've already been proved right on a couple of occasions and got my way in changing things to my way of doing it. Still, I passed ITIL and we're about to get a new massive data centre and build an IT function from scratch, so hopefully I'll be in Capacity Management or a more senior Availability or Problem role soon if it doesn't work out between us.

ScousePig
30-12-2015, 11:41 PM

Seems to like all the oddballs. Or at least the oddball behaviour.

Which must be respected.

ScousePig
30-12-2015, 11:43 PM
I don't think there's been a single correlation of a TTH poster being in a great place in life and being at their best posting. It's why all comedians are fucking miserable.

Most people seem to recognise my pomp on here as my darkest times fwiw, and they probably were. TTH is quite a comfort when everything 'irl' has gone to shit.

ScousePig
30-12-2015, 11:44 PM
You should consider putting them in tiers. It's really a unique concept and eliminates the problem of alphabetization. Just make sure to cite me.

Yes, because we've never had tiers before.

The Merse
30-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Most people seem to recognise my pomp on here as my darkest times fwiw, and they probably were. TTH is quite a comfort when everything 'irl' has gone to shit.

There's definitely a therapy aspect. Even in predicting that some cunt will take your heartfelt honesty and rip the piss out of it... There's still some odd dependability and camaraderie there.

Lee
30-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Seems to like all the oddballs. Or at least the oddball behaviour.

Which must be respected.

We're all (all people, not just us lot) oddballs. Lots of things people get up to are downright weird. It's what makes people interesting, I think. Most people I know would think I'm a pervert for spending much of my down time on here, for instance. They're probably right as well.

ScousePig
30-12-2015, 11:58 PM
There's definitely a therapy aspect. Even in predicting that some cunt will take your heartfelt honesty and rip the piss out of it... There's still some odd dependability and camaraderie there.

This definitely happened.

ScousePig
30-12-2015, 11:59 PM
We're all (all people, not just us lot) oddballs. Lots of things people get up to are downright weird. It's what makes people interesting, I think. Most people I know would think I'm a pervert for spending much of my down time on here, for instance. They're probably right as well.

I was going to say we're all (our lot) oddballs, but you're probably right. It depends what you want out of this place too; if you just want to be entertained then you'll love Magic and co.

Magic
31-12-2015, 12:01 AM

Hark, if one cannot laugh at oneself, then what can one laugh at. Do not boast of strength, when strength is only apparent due to others' weakness.

Lee
31-12-2015, 12:07 AM
I was going to say we're all (our lot) oddballs, but you're probably right. It depends what you want out of this place too; if you just want to be entertained then you'll love Magic and co.

That has definitely changed for me. I used to be a lot more serious and want to come and discuss politics and whatever else was happening in the world. I'll still have a say on that stuff but I'm far less inclined to get myself embroiled in any kind of detailed debate. Nowadays I want to see something to make me laugh, although there is an element of seeing what people are up to; being on here for years does mean you form some kind of connection to other posters and I'm interested in what most of us are up to. We're all basically nice enough people and we share more time in one another's 'company' than we do some relatives.

The change in what I want from the place is probably down to a couple of things. I have to be quite serious at work so it's the last thing I want to continue outside of work. And I've just grown up and realised that I don't have anything original to add to any of the debates here. I stick around because I like you all, which is as good a reason as any.

The Merse
31-12-2015, 12:07 AM

I almost looked forward to it in a perverse way, whether Lewis PMing me about his Facebook investigations or Mahow and Lee of all people calling me out on the board (given their subsequent contributions to the old relationship thread), it brought a grin along with the obvious catharsis, that's what I mean by the camaraderie aspect - perhaps as all the mates that would normally be ripping the shit turn into something a bit too... Nice. It's lovely they all wanted to hang or party with me all of the time and made a lot of long trips down here to do so, but they all laid off the 'bantz' like I was too fragile to take a crack at. Guess I've done the same in reverse before though.

ScousePig
31-12-2015, 12:11 AM
I almost looked forward to it in a perverse way, whether Lewis PMing me about his Facebook investigations or Mahow and Lee of all people calling me out on the board (given their subsequent contributions to the old relationship thread), it brought a grin along with the obvious catharsis, that's what I mean by the camaraderie aspect - perhaps as all the mates that would normally be ripping the shit turn into something a bit too... Nice. It's lovely they all wanted to hang or party with me all of the time and made a lot of long trips down here to do so, but they all laid off the 'bantz' like I was too fragile to take a crack at. Guess I've done the same in reverse before though.

My dad had a heart attack around the same time, and bizarrely my first thought while waiting to hear news was to come on here and look for some comfort.

I found it, and it helped.

Magic
31-12-2015, 12:11 AM
What's really done it for me in terms of the political debates are:

Nationalism in Scotland
Tory and Labour being interchangeable
The Middle East
Ukraine
Syria
ISIS
Refugees

It is all utterly fucking hopeless and it doesn't matter worth a shit what you say or think. This might be behind my sudden and determined interest in history.

Boydy
31-12-2015, 12:15 AM

What?

Boydy
31-12-2015, 12:16 AM
I can't really be arsed with politics and serious debates on here any more either. We all know pretty much where everyone else stands and we're all pretty unlikely to change each other's minds so it seems a bit pointless.

Dquincy
Bloody hell this thread is getting deep. I like it.

I will try to post a list soon, but my recent (last 3 yrs) infrequent attendance means i know little about many of you.

I'll still give it a go hopefully.

ScousePig
That has definitely changed for me. I used to be a lot more serious and want to come and discuss politics and whatever else was happening in the world. I'll still have a say on that stuff but I'm far less inclined to get myself embroiled in any kind of detailed debate. Nowadays I want to see something to make me laugh, although there is an element of seeing what people are up to; being on here for years does mean you form some kind of connection to other posters and I'm interested in what most of us are up to. We're all basically nice enough people and we share more time in one another's 'company' than we do some relatives.

The change in what I want from the place is probably down to a couple of things. I have to be quite serious at work so it's the last thing I want to continue outside of work. And I've just grown up and realised that I don't have anything original to add to any of the debates here. I stick around because I like you all, which is as good a reason as any.

I still come on here looking to learn things (so that I can steal them and look more intelligent), but not as much. I've definitely changed my reasoning for reading this place since starting teaching (and I include my teacher placements over the past few years). Similar to you, before when I was at uni for 12 hours a week or working at Morrison's and not engaging my brain I could spend more time here taking things in and learning, whereas now I'm more likely to just gloss over things, see what people are up to and enjoy the entertainment.

Lee
What's really done it for me in terms of the political debates are:

Nationalism in Scotland
Tory and Labour being interchangeable
The Middle East
Ukraine
Syria
ISIS
Refugees

It is all utterly fucking hopeless and it doesn't matter worth a shit what you say or think. This might be behind my sudden and determined interest in history.

Read about the Vikings like I'm doing at the minute. Heroes.

The Merse
31-12-2015, 12:17 AM
I enjoyed the Scottish independence debate. Discussion here and elsewhere is what led me to a u-turn on my position.

The middle east, politics, refugees and ISIS I cannot be arsed to engage in on here. I do so with mates - with one housemate in particular who shares my love of politics and history, but I find those discussions more rewarding in person. I'd rather chat shite about football on here to be frank. Lee synopsises things pretty well again - there's a bit of a bond there despite this place not being a raucous hive of opinions anymore, and I for one gave that up here a long while back, save for the odd bit of Harold bashing when I'm in line for the hook.

phonics
31-12-2015, 12:18 AM
I'm not sure I can be bothered to do a list (I think I will) but as it's all getting a bit moany as WDYTOE is wont to do, I would like to echo the sentiment of Lee in mentioning John being an absolute star when it comes to dealing with super personal emotional stuff. Despite being the first cunt to take a bite at you when you're out of line, the guy has a real empathy for this place and the people within it that echoes Dav and Smiff in the days of MSN Messenger.

Lewis
31-12-2015, 12:18 AM
What?

I sent him a :lol: PM when he was about to sign his house over, and something (I can't remember) led me to find him on Facebook and reassure him that THAT SLAG had left him for a twat. I basically saved his life that night.