PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 3

Raoul Duke
27-12-2015, 07:52 PM
I bought this the other day and so far and it's been quite excellent. Lots of fun creating amusing ways to kill people or cause mayhem (e.g. attach a guy to a gas cylinder, shoot it and watch it fly off and explode, or load a car up with explosives, tie some guys to it and drive it off a cliff etc. etc.).

The main downsides so far are a) the shit install experience wherein it took almost a day to install and b) the stupid fucking "online" thing which keeps trying to sign into some fucking server and pauses everything up when it drops connection - which is all the fucking time. I've turned the internet off on my PS4 whilst I'm playing it.

Still, worth a bash. Anyone else got it?

Ian
27-12-2015, 08:01 PM
I haven't yet but I 100% will be at some point.

CJay
28-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Looks like good fun, but I reckon I would quickly get bored of the (admittedly hilarious) methods of creating chaos.

Bam
28-12-2015, 07:23 AM
I might grab this today. I've heard good things about it.

Raoul Duke
28-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Looks like good fun, but I reckon I would quickly get bored of the (admittedly hilarious) methods of creating chaos.

That's what I thought, but there seems to be enough variation and unlocks to keep you ticking along. The story is actually not bad and the characters are pretty amusing. It certainly doesn't have any of the po-faced, haughty mystic nonsense that Far Cry has.

It's a lot like GTA - there's two games here: 1) do the missions 2) just mess about trying to do bonkers things and destroy stuff creatively. There aren't many games where you actually laugh out loud due to something you've caused to happen in a sandbox.

Ian
28-12-2015, 02:51 PM
If the previous two are anything to go by it also won't be screaming LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE!!! at you as much as GTA either.

Yevrah
28-12-2015, 04:28 PM
The second one was a great game.