PDA

View Full Version : Siblings

Spoonsky
25-12-2015, 09:16 PM
To follow on from the Christmas thread. The Only Child crew so far features Boydy, Igor and I, but there have got to be more. Are you happy with the number of siblings you had? Do you wish you had more?

Personally, I wish I had older siblings but I'm glad I don't have younger ones, so being an only child is alright on balance. It also means I get more stuff and we can travel more easily. It would have been nice to have more of a playmate over the years, though. Wbu?

Yevrah
25-12-2015, 09:16 PM
I've got 3 and we all get on really well. Feel quite lucky in that respect compared to other people I know.

Lee
25-12-2015, 09:18 PM
I have a sister and she's completely fucked up. I love her and all that but we don't have a lot to do with one another and it's best that way. Otherwise it would be constant arguments I could do without.

I hate that being the case, especially as were so close as kids, but you get used to it.

Giggles
25-12-2015, 09:18 PM
I've one. She's great.

phonics
25-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Only child.

Magic
25-12-2015, 09:31 PM
No surprise all the weirdos on here are only children.

phonics
25-12-2015, 09:37 PM
mate you spend your evenings in a separate room away from your family watching people be murdered and can't even go to an airport without ending up weeping in a puddle so don't be firing off 'weirdo' shots in your position. Thanks.

Boydy
25-12-2015, 09:41 PM
mate you spend your evenings in a separate room away from your family watching people be murdered and can't even go to an airport without ending up weeping in a puddle so don't be firing off 'weirdo' shots in your position. Thanks.

I thought Magic was just saying he was one too.

Boydy
25-12-2015, 09:42 PM
It's shit though. It's probably not so bad if you have plenty of stuff in common with your parents but I don't. Then again, I suppose the siblings could be awful.

phonics
25-12-2015, 09:46 PM
It's perfectly fine. Make friends

Boydy
25-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Friends probably aren't going to help you look after your parents when they're old and infirm.

The Merse
25-12-2015, 09:50 PM
None.

With all of the complexes and deficiencies associated with it.

The Merse
25-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Friends probably aren't going to help you look after your parents when they're old and infirm.

This genuinely concerns me. Financially they're a bit fucked and seperating as they are doing (for the third and seemingly final time) doesn't help.

Sam
25-12-2015, 09:51 PM
One.

Great kid, funny sense of humour.

phonics
25-12-2015, 09:54 PM

No but they'll listen to you moan about it. It's not that hard, they've managed to get on with it for a couple thousand years.

Kikó
25-12-2015, 10:11 PM
3 half siblings. I was basically an only child though as I didn't have them in my life until I was 22.

Waffdon
25-12-2015, 10:19 PM
I have one younger brother and two older sisters. If you follow me on Facebook, you will see who I get on with and do not get on with from my poorly cropped photos from five mins ago :face:

Manc
25-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Just the one older sister, but I'm definitely the more mature one.

Spoonsky
25-12-2015, 10:23 PM

Yeah, that's the biggest problem.

$10 on Hammer being an only child btw.

igor_balis
25-12-2015, 10:28 PM
I also have a half-brother, but I have fuck all to do with him. He's a good lad though, and I have him added on facebook to see what he's up to. Mostly statuses saying stuff like 'bangin nite in grimsby'.

I quite like being an only child, but then I always had loads of kids of a similar age to hang around with living near me when I was growing up. I do think it's made me pretty selfish with my time, as being a latchkey single child with a single parent meant I was always able to do whatever the fuck I wanted as a kid.

Boydy
25-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Yeah, that's the biggest problem.

$10 on Hammer being an only child btw.

I dunno, I don't think it is necessarily always the weirdos or that only children are always weird.

If I didn't know any better and had to pick someone from on here, my money would be on Lewis and yet he's not one.

Shindig
25-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Got a sis. She's alright. We're annoyingly alike in personality.

leedsrevolution
25-12-2015, 10:31 PM
I have one but have never actually met him. So pretty much an only child.

Cord
25-12-2015, 10:32 PM
I've one proper Brother, and then five half siblings, who are anywhere from 7 to 16 or so years younger than me and who I wasn't really brought up with, so I'm not sure they count.

My brother is a bit of a tosser, but I think it's much better to have them than to be an only child. There is definitely a link between being an only child and being a bit of a precious flower.

Mike
25-12-2015, 10:34 PM
I have one brother, Baz

He's alright. His cat hates whistling.

Spoonsky
25-12-2015, 10:34 PM
I dunno, I don't think it is necessarily always the weirdos or that only children are always weird.

If I didn't know any better and had to pick someone from on here, my money would be on Lewis and yet he's not one.

I'd like to agree with you, but...

I have one but have never actually met him. So pretty much an only child.

igor_balis
25-12-2015, 10:35 PM
There is definitely a link between being an only child and being a bit of a precious flower.

Yeah you're probably right. I had that combined with being an overachiever as a young child, so was constantly told how 'talented and gifted' I was at primary school. It turned me into the biggest cunt in the world in my teenage years, which I've largely managed to get over. I still am a cunt, but in a different way.

Spammer
25-12-2015, 10:35 PM
One of each, one sister who's a year younger and a brother who's 4 years younger.

mugbull
25-12-2015, 10:39 PM
I can't imagine you develop naturally as an only child. I've known 1, maybe 2 'only childs' (children?) that were not maladjusted in some way.

Giggles
25-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Boydy seems grand for one. He's a bit unappreciative of his folks but apart from that he's pretty well rounded.

Boydy
25-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Boydy seems grand for one. He's a bit unappreciative of his folks but apart from that he's pretty well rounded.

People in real life have actually told me I don't seem like an only child. :)

Everyone's a bit fucked up in their own way though, it's just when it comes to someone who is an only child people go 'yeah, he's an only child'.

I'm also not that unappreciative of my folks. I just vent about them a bit on here because I'm living with them again. I'm not a dick to them or anything, or even say any of the stuff I moan about on here to them.

Mellberg
25-12-2015, 10:44 PM
I have a younger brother. He's a geezer.

Davgooner
25-12-2015, 10:48 PM
One younger brother. He's quite the geezer also.

Magic
25-12-2015, 10:58 PM
I have a full sister, a half brother, a half sister, two step-sisters and four step-brothers.

mugbull
25-12-2015, 11:00 PM
I'm gonna have 3 kids, maybe 4. A nice, satisfying Czech family. Hopefully a bunch of sons, maybe a daughter too.

Spoonsky
25-12-2015, 11:15 PM
I imagine that siblings are more likely to lol at you for being weird than your parents are, so it would make sense if only children are a bit weirder. Siblings can act as a quality control so to speak. Though I agree with Boydy that everyone's fucked up in their own.

I'm pretty spoiled, I think, more than I often realize. Not in terms of having a bad or ungrateful attitude, but in terms of expecting things to be done for me that I really shouldn't. I think my parents feel a little guilty over not giving me a sibling so they compensate by doing too much for me. They will also definitely go insane when I move out.

Mellberg
25-12-2015, 11:25 PM
I have a younger half brother as well. Always forget to mention him :serious:

He's 7, but well on his way to becoming a geezer.

Jimmy Floyd
25-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Younger brother, younger sister. Former is in the army so now lives away. Sister does too because she's chosen to waste her money on rent before going 'travelling' next year.

I just cruise along. Fuck knows.

Lewis
25-12-2015, 11:29 PM
I have a brother and he's a cunt.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-12-2015, 11:34 PM
I am one of 7.

3 are 40 or over (all from the first wife), then one who is a few years short of 40 (from an affair with a Canadian), then a 30 year old, me (from second wife) and finally an 8 year old from wife number 3. Four are female and three, including myself, are male.

I'm obviously closest with my full sister as we both still live with our Mum, then my two brothers. The two older sisters have lived in Norwich for most of my life so I only see them for birthdays and the like and the other sister only moved to England when I was about 11/12 and it took me a good few years to warm to her.

Smiffy
25-12-2015, 11:56 PM

ItalAussie
26-12-2015, 01:14 AM
Being the oldest sibling is the best. Always in charge. :cool:

Baz
26-12-2015, 09:29 AM
I have one brother, Mike.

He's alright. His cat hates everything.

Ian
26-12-2015, 09:42 AM
I have a sister who's about four years older than me. We get along very well.

Get along well with my parents too despite my mum getting increasingly cranky in her old age.

ScousePig
26-12-2015, 09:44 AM
One sister who is a year older than me, and we get on well. She's lived in London for the past ten or so years since graduating from St. Andrews, and just had her PhD viva approved (or whatever gets done). She's applying for a second doctorate (or whatever) and will likely be moving to Bath where her boyfriend's family live.

She's a cat lover.

simon
26-12-2015, 10:12 AM
One younger brother. We're essentially best mates, so it's all good.

He acts like an older brother in a lot of respects, but I think that's because I have a tendency to be quite immature.

Mr. Malik
26-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Being the oldest sibling is the best. Always in charge. :cool:

Also means you've got to front up to the responsibility and take the blame whenever something goes wrong, as my older sister is always eager to remind me.

Lewis
26-12-2015, 10:45 AM
One sister who is a year older than me, and we get on well. She's lived in London for the past ten or so years since graduating from St. Andrews, and just had her PhD viva approved (or whatever gets done). She's applying for a second doctorate (or whatever) and will likely be moving to Bath where her boyfriend's family live.

She's a cat lover.

Timewaster.

mo
26-12-2015, 10:52 AM
I have a sister who is seven years older than me, so we fell out a lot growing up (she's still an emotional teenager at 37) but get on mostly fine now, unless she is alienating family or friends on Facebook.

Also have an adopted brother who is 14. He's a pain in the arse.

John
26-12-2015, 12:10 PM
One sister who's ten years younger than me. I see her maybe three or four times a year, but we speak fairly regularly and get on well.

ScousePig
26-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Timewaster.

I think she's gonna be a student her whole life so that she has an *excuse* not to have kids.