PDA

View Full Version : Jose Mourinho sacked as Chelsea manager

SvN
17-12-2015, 02:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34670192

It's official. I'm surprised, even with their current form.

CJay
17-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Hopefully he never comes back to England.

Lee
17-12-2015, 02:49 PM
I'd have given him another season myself. If anybody has earned that it's him.

The Metro have Ranieri as a candidate. Seems extremely unlikely to me. Still, fuck off.

Toby
17-12-2015, 02:51 PM
I think it had to happen really, although who they replace him with is as much a mystery.

Hopefully he never comes back to England.

:lol:

CJay
17-12-2015, 02:51 PM
If Ranieri takes over. :D The circle of life.

John
17-12-2015, 02:52 PM
If Ranieri provides the result that gets him the bin then takes his job he'll top himself.

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Absolute morons. Just sack the single biggest asset the club has. Wankers.

Long period in the wilderness coming up.

Claudio's revenge though :drool:

Mazuuurk
17-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Perfect for United, now they can sack Van Gaal and get Mourinho in.

John Arne
17-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Terrible decision.

Davgooner
17-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Hark at the BBC beating Sky to this.

Have to say I found the geezer a complete shambles from the moment he came back for this second stint. Properly unhinged.

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Perfect for United, now they can sack Van Gaal and get Mourinho in.

United will never touch him. City might if Project Pep fails, which hopefully it will for the lulz.

He should go to Leicester and win them the league.

Davgooner
17-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers.

Toby
17-12-2015, 03:00 PM
They should just appoint a caretaker / Terry player-manager for a bit.

Josh
Why did this have to happen before Watford played them!?

Mazuuurk
United will never touch him. City might if Project Pep fails, which hopefully it will for the lulz.

He should go to Leicester and win them the league.

I wasn't being serious.

Jimmy Floyd
Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers.

I'm fully behind this. What this squad really needs is to be a group.

Kikó
17-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Get him to united immediately.

Manc
17-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Get Eva back.

Toby
17-12-2015, 03:09 PM
According to Sam Wallace of the Telegraph it'll be Hiddink on another half a season job.

I did think that was the best (least worst) option of the names touted but didn't expect it would actually happen.

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Hiddink? How old and fat must he be by now?

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 03:16 PM
The worst part about Chelsea sacking managers is that it prompts a load of tedious gimps to come up and talk to me about football.

Sam
17-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Hasn't Hiddink recently stunk it up in any jobs he's had since his last Chelsea stint?

If anyone is due a return though....

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2012/12/2/1354482766884/Avram-Grant-may-be-called-008.jpg

Mazuuurk
17-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Can't believe they didn't consider that, Jim :(

Kikó
17-12-2015, 03:25 PM
The worst part about Chelsea sacking managers is that it prompts a load of tedious gimps to come up and talk to me about football.
Surely the Koreans talking is a good thing?

simon
17-12-2015, 03:27 PM
:(

However,

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/10102322/pep-guardiola-to-leave-bayern-munich-according-to-german-media-reports

Makes sense that they're getting in there nice and quick so that Utd/City/whoever can't get to Guardiola first. I'm trying to be optimistic, but we'll end up with some complete chancer, won't we.

Blitz
17-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Guardiola at Chelsea would be great. Also a big test for him, as this will be the first team he'll manage without having clearly the best team in the league.

If not Guardiola, then Conte.

Magic
17-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Thank fuck, boring cunt. Hopefully they have a series of shite appointments like the other scummers.

simon
17-12-2015, 03:37 PM
At least we won't appoint Steve Evans.

Gray Fox
17-12-2015, 03:39 PM
They must have someone good lined up to replace him.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1878421.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/FILE-David-Moyes-To-Leave-Everton-FC-At-End-Of-Season.jpg

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Guardiola's not coming to Chelsea. I bet Abramovich daydreams about it though. Ten seconds of the magic man's magic dust/syringe and Matic will have a first touch like Casanova.

simon
17-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Guardiola's not coming to Chelsea. I bet Abramovich daydreams about it though. Ten seconds of the magic man's magic dust/syringe and Matic will have a first touch like Casanova.

He better fucking come.

Otherwise it's going to be a Diego Simeone or someone. Which I know would go down like a sack of steaming shit with you.

igor_balis
17-12-2015, 03:53 PM
http://s7.postimg.org/evz67fhjv/12380243_10156301097340384_1309325089_n.jpg

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Diego Simeone can get back on his caravan and fuck off.

My Chelsea managers:

Hoddle: seemed good at the time, then started listening to Eileen Dover or whatever her name was and turned into an idiot.

Gullit: seemed good at the time with his dreads and his sexy football, later turned out to be a terrible coach and person who even now goes to Richard Keys's parties. Daft little suit, silly bloke, fuck off.

Vialli: bald, cool dude but then spent the next fifteen years drinking coffee, so clearly a waste of time.

Ranieri: the best man in football, which isn't hard, but still.

Mourinho I: hard as nails, boring football, success we'd never dreamed of.

Grant: the sort of bloke Mossad would have sent to assassinate your hamster.

Scolari: started off with this big dominant enforcer reputation, by the end it was like him and Ray Wilkins were a pair of ageing gay bears.

Hiddink: turned around our fortunes that season but there was something not quite right about it, like his wages were being paid with the blood of Russian orphans.

Ancelotti: The 2009-10 season was our greatest ever side and I'll always remember him for that.

Villas Boas: younger than half the players and spent most of his six months acting out a flaccid penis on the touchline. Total idiot.

Di Matteo: should serve as the guiding light for the club because he had absolutely no idea where he was or what he was doing, and yet won us the Champions League.

Benitez: just a complete pus-ridden vapid cunt of a man who is on a mission to ruin your enjoyment of football. Hint: Liverpool fans think he's great. Just think about that.

Mourinho II: Had gone slightly mental in the interim but won us the title again ffs.

There's roughly a good-shit-good-shit sequence there. Time for a shit.

Palmer
17-12-2015, 04:30 PM
If Hiddink comes back to guide them through to the giddy heights of midtable come the end of the season, who can you realistically see then coming in? There's not exactly a hoard of star names available for Abramovich to woo.

John
17-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Vilas Boas going back. He seems to have sorted himself out a bit in Russia.

Pepe
17-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Moyes. :drool:

Jeet
17-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Takes something special to be sacked twice.

Pep would prefer London really.

Jose to wait for the Portugal or England job

Lewis
17-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Get him to united immediately.

I would go for that. Give him a six year deal as well just to annoy Ryan Giggs.

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Guardiola and Crystal Palace would be quite a good fit. Right colour scheme, in London (sort of), skilful players and the club's name sounds like a codename for a banned substance.

Lewis
17-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Graham Hunter sez 'Pep' prefers United, and doesn't he basically live in his arse? I know he's a football tragic, so what would be the attraction of City over them (other than 'LvG' taking people hostage if they tried to bin him)?

Baz
17-12-2015, 04:51 PM
LvG to Chelsea?

Sam
17-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Vilas Boas going back. He seems to have sorted himself out a bit in Russia.
Won the title last season mind but currently sitting in 6th, though he did cruise them through to the last 16.

niko_cee
17-12-2015, 05:07 PM
What's Capello up to these days?

Reg
17-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Conte or Simeone would be just right. Tough bastards to get the fight back, the kind that would make players love them and restore the "us against the world" feeling that they've lost.

Also great coaches.

But neither will happen, so hopefully they won't nick Hughton.

Toby
17-12-2015, 05:12 PM
I agree, hopefully they don't nick Hughton.

Reg
17-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Assume you know I was kidding.

Toby
17-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Obviously.

This is a decent summary from Jonathan Wilson, albeit one that has clearly been rushed out for maximum exposure: http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/12/17/jose-mourinho-fired-chelsea

Yevrah
17-12-2015, 05:44 PM
I'd have probably given him TIME, but then I'm increasingly of the opinion that football's absolutely pointless (who really cares what Chelsea or any team win), so meh.

Reg
17-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Obviously.

This is a decent summary from Jonathan Wilson, albeit one that has clearly been rushed out for maximum exposure: http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/12/17/jose-mourinho-fired-chelsea
He's good, but he gets away with writing extremely similar articles for multiple sites, so probably will have written much the same thing a couple days ago.

The really strange thing was the lack of summer transfers. I think Mourinho had spoken when he returned of building a dynasty or whatever, and must have thought about improving the squad every year. It's an unusually thin squad and there were clearly issues during the second half of the season, but he didn't bring many in (and Falcao doesn't count) and he let talented players go.

Sam
17-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Kenny Jackett is available if we are chucking names into the ring.

igor_balis
17-12-2015, 06:16 PM
What about Lord Megson?

Shindig
17-12-2015, 06:57 PM
John Carver's put his best tie on.

Mellberg
17-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Ambramovich is interviewing Sherwood. He's currently presenting his theory on bringing on a striker for a midfielder, whilst 2-0 up away from home, to the best counter attacking side in the country.

Mazuuurk
17-12-2015, 07:04 PM
You guys reckon they will have another manager in place for this weekends game?

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 07:06 PM
I'd have probably given him TIME, but then I'm increasingly of the opinion that football's absolutely pointless (who really cares what Chelsea or any team win), so meh.

Are you getting the same thing as me with football (although contractually I have to state you are getting on for a decade older than me) where you reckon you've seen most things that can happen, some of them many times over, and that things that happen in the future probably aren't going to be better than those you've already seen?

Probably applies to an array of life areas actually.

Reg
17-12-2015, 07:14 PM
People who are fans of teams.

Are you ever tempted to go to a game / take up a team again?

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Only if your team is one of those that still has room to do interesting things. Christ knows what Manchester United fans have got out of the last 5ish years.

Shindig
17-12-2015, 07:20 PM
United fans should be relishing the transition.

Reg
17-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Hmm, fair point, I can't imagine being one of those Arsenal fans who pay a grand per season to see them finish 4th and go out in the second round in Europe.

Go to a smaller team's games and see you if build up an affinity if you're bored, would be my suggestion.

We've been told our tickets won't be going up more than two quid a game even if we go up. :cool: Wasn't what I expected to be honest.

niko_cee
17-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Brighton tickets are already pretty pricey. Well, they are in the west lower where I tend to sit, although I think they are fairly pricey seats (basically bang on the halfway line/a bit up and across the aisle from Hughton's family/Garth Crooks). If that computation is for season tickets as well, you have to realise you get 4 fewer games per season to boot.

Reg
17-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah they are pricey. The novelty of having a roof over our heads makes it a bit better.

True about amount the number of games but you could still imagine the prices shooting up.

Yevrah
17-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Are you getting the same thing as me with football (although contractually I have to state you are getting on for a decade older than me) where you reckon you've seen most things that can happen, some of them many times over, and that things that happen in the future probably aren't going to be better than those you've already seen?

Basically that.

The only things left I haven't seen is England winning a tournament and a minnow winning something big in the club game, both of which are all but cast iron certainties not to happen in my lifetime.

Smiffy
17-12-2015, 07:34 PM

Yevrah
17-12-2015, 07:37 PM
People who are fans of teams.

People who are fans of teams that are likely to win stuff have already seen them do do and those that are fans of teams who haven't won things are unlikely to see that change.

Football's reached a sort of horrid status-quo state that's probably here to stay given the financial structure at play.

Which is why the English game would probably peak were Leicester to win the league, but we all already know that they won't.

Shindig
17-12-2015, 07:44 PM
I'll be honest. If Newcastle United ceased to function I'd sack football clean off. With the possible exception of World Cups. As a kid I used to be in it to watch anyone new but now its just a 'thing',

Smiffy
17-12-2015, 07:45 PM

Smiffy
17-12-2015, 07:46 PM

Mellberg
17-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Yeah, it's shit. I only retain an interest out of habit really. I need FC Villa of Aston in my life.

Reg
17-12-2015, 07:52 PM
People who are fans of teams that are likely to win stuff have already seen them do do and those that are fans of teams who haven't won things are unlikely to see that change.

Football's reached a sort of horrid status-quo state that's probably here to stay given the financial structure at play.

Which is why the English game would probably peak were Leicester to win the league, but we all already know that they won't.
Sounds like you're only talking about the Premier League.

Below that, it's the same as it's always been.

The only things left I haven't seen is England winning a tournament and a minnow winning something big in the club game, both of which are all but cast iron certainties not to happen in my lifetime.
Lifetime's a bit much. There might be a football match played in space in your lifetime.

John
17-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Porto were relative minnows when they won the Champions League. Obviously Yev means someone like BATE Borisov winning it, which would be excellent, but Porto doing so was still a huge surprise.

Weaver
17-12-2015, 08:21 PM
You guys reckon they will have another manager in place for this weekends game?

TalkSPORT (Jeet moment here) reckon his successor will be appointed tonight: http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-appoint-jose-mourinhos-replacement-tonight-talksport-understands-151217178176

And the Mirror say it's Hiddink: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-appoint-guus-hiddink-new-7030516

Lewis
17-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Were Marseille and Ajax winning considered as/more SHOCKING than Porto doing so? He must have been in his thirties then so he should know.

Lee
17-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Football is fine. Sounds like Yev's tastes have changed more than anything. Which is fine, obviously.

Yevrah
17-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Football is fine. Sounds like Yev's tastes have changed more than anything. Which is fine, obviously.

Yeah, possibly.

If I had a team I followed properly things might be different, but as it is I'm just not that fussed. England being rank average doesn't help either.

Manc
17-12-2015, 08:36 PM
How many players in this Chelsea side were there the last time Dinky was in charge?

John
17-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Were Marseille and Ajax winning considered as/more SHOCKING than Porto doing so? He must have been in his thirties then so he should know.

Marseille were cheating wankers and Ajax had fifteen of them by that point, so probably not.

Monaco winning it would definitely have topped Porto doing so though. One of their more important players moved to Rangers the following season and another one couldn't get a game on loan with us a couple of years later. Though one of Porto's starters did end up playing for us a few years later aswell, so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Reg
17-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Porto were relative minnows when they won the Champions League. Obviously Yev means someone like BATE Borisov winning it, which would be excellent, but Porto doing so was still a huge surprise.
Greece won the Euros too.

This is a weird season for us to be having this discussion, what with Leicester top of the league and twenty points above the champions.

Shindig
17-12-2015, 08:48 PM
We had that spell where Middlesbrough, Fulham and Rangers made European finals. Chesterfield got shafted out of an FA Cup final.

Reg
17-12-2015, 08:55 PM
By the way, I like that it's Lee saying football's fine. :D

John
17-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Greece won the Euros too.

They didn't do much in the club game though, so they fall down on that caveat.

Reg
17-12-2015, 08:58 PM
I know, but a forum isn't restricted to what you decide to talk about, and since the discussion was basically about football being boring and predictable...

Andy
17-12-2015, 09:06 PM
As if being a football fan is getting to see the club you support win something.

Dquincy
17-12-2015, 09:09 PM

Get the guitar.

https://media.giphy.com/media/WUMKrzIPp9YzK/giphy.gif

Lee
17-12-2015, 09:14 PM
By the way, I like that it's Lee saying football's fine. :D

Obviously I would think that now but I thought it this time last year when we were shit too. I went off football (relatively speaking) fpr a bit in my early twenties but as soon as I got a job which meant I could afford a season ticket and Sky Sports I got right back into it again. I never stopped following Leicester results and wanting us to win but my enjoyment of the game increases in line with the amount of it I watch.

Seeing regular football in the flesh (not just at Leicester but at Hinckley too) is by far the biggest factor. The top flight table might end up in more or less the same order each May but in other leagues that's different and every single game is different too. And there's so much of going to matches that isn't anything to do with what's happening on the pitch that's enjoyable, and I speak as somebody who goes alone as opposed to making it part of a big social thing with mates.

Reg
17-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Nah, it was just amusing, I didn't mean to imply you've only cared for a couple months.

I agree about going to games, it really is a big deal. If/when I move abroad I'm sure I'll have to start going to games wherever I am.

Kikó
17-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Football is largely boring and wank unless you have a vested interest or you like wanking over false nines and twatty formations.

United is okay when you're there because I get to see mates and have a few beers. Otherwise it's torturously boring. Then you've even got FC united falling apart like animal farm with wall to wall twats running the show.

Giggles
17-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Obviously I would think that now but I thought it this time last year when we were shit too. I went off football (relatively speaking) fpr a bit in my early twenties but as soon as I got a job which meant I could afford a season ticket and Sky Sports I got right back into it again. I never stopped following Leicester results and wanting us to win but my enjoyment of the game increases in line with the amount of it I watch.

Seeing regular football in the flesh (not just at Leicester but at Hinckley too) is by far the biggest factor. The top flight table might end up in more or less the same order each May but in other leagues that's different and every single game is different too. And there's so much of going to matches that isn't anything to do with what's happening on the pitch that's enjoyable, and I speak as somebody who goes alone as opposed to making it part of a big social thing with mates.

This is becoming a bigger thing for me too. I did make a couple of weeks ago about sacking it all off but really and truly I think I can't be bothered with it any more. I've engaged in very little football on here since apart from enjoying a few Serie A games as a novelty, and to be honest it's just cemented the fact that I don't really care any more about Spurs or the league.
I didn't get to as many games as I'd like to have had the past season here but when I did, it was just so much better than following a club in another country that I have absolutely no connection to at all. It might be utter dross but you're still so much more part of it and can really support a club when you're actually there. Even before or after the games in the pub is a million miles over watching it on the TV. Even the van Gaal or Mourinho stuff of late, I went to post a couple of times on it but I really don't care enough about either.
Passing interest, mainly in the championship, as most of the national side play over there and that's about it for me.

GS
17-12-2015, 09:51 PM
I watch Liverpool games out of a sense of habit, but it does annoy me when they're on in the sense that it EATS INTO MY FREE TIME.

I think I should just fuck it off.

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Emenalo speaks. First time I've ever seen him speak.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/677575719979888641

Erm...

Ian
17-12-2015, 10:04 PM
He'd gone through the far end of mind-games and into the realms of genuinely cretinous behaviour but I'd still have been in favour of TIME on this one.

Manc
17-12-2015, 10:11 PM
I watch Liverpool games out of a sense of habit, but it does annoy me when they're on in the sense that it EATS INTO MY FREE TIME.

I think I should just fuck it off.

I altogether stopped following Liverpool in Rafa's last season due to tedium. Woy and Kenny passed me by and it was only the charisma of Brendan that pulled me back in.

mugbull
17-12-2015, 10:25 PM
You guys, if it's fun just watch it. Despite what Yevrah and the nihilists think, everything is subject to change, and football 20 years from now will be vastly different than football now. It might seem like Madrid, Barcelona and Munich are the only 3 sides who will ever be good, but that's stupid.

I also think the era of having only 4 competitive teams in Europe will die out. It's already happening in England now that the rest of the league is catching up to the frontrunners.

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Like everything, people will get bored of it in the end when they kill the goose that laid the golden egg, because sports bosses are always unrelentingly stupid and short sighted. For instance they like Barcelona and Bayern and Real Madrid, so they think 'people want Barcelona and Bayern and Real Madrid! All the time! In exhibition matches!' and are agitating for this to happen, but in reality if you didn't have endless parades of Getafe, Levante and Augsburg for them to shit on every week - and occasionally provide the jeopardy that makes it exciting - then the Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid product would be a tenth of what it is and people would get bored of it very quickly.

People talk about the American model, but it only works because of the parity system where 30 odd teams go up and down in cycles and nobody stays on top for long. It also only works because Americans only consume sport and do not participate in it.

Ian
17-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Even then Jim, it only sort of works. The American system, that is. The historically good teams might go in cycles but they become good again sooner or later and there are a lot of shit teams who've been mostly shit for as long as I've been watching NFL (just over a decade now, I think) and show no real sign of changing. Yes there's the chance of being able to suddenly make a run to the Super Bowl in one good year when shit just magically clicks but not for long.

Boydy
17-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Aren't American sports basically run on communist lines?

With the draft picks and all that.

Jimmy Floyd
17-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Generally (and there is A LOT of this in cricket which is where I get it from, but it also applies in football) the best way in sport is to open it up and make it completely meritocratic. There has to be a reward for being good and a penalty for being shit. If you chose a 20 team English franchise Premier League then you'd definitely put Aston Villa in it, but in an open system, they are poorly run and will be penalised for that by relegation. It also creates an incentive for them to be well run, and for the sport to prosper deeply and broadly.

The Australians will come back and say what about NRL etc but they actually have ridiculously strong and open local league systems feeding those franchise teams, which is where the strength comes from. American sports rely on college which is exclusive and probably cuts out a lot of talent, but they have unlimited money so it doesn't matter to them.

If football ends up going down the Chelsea route, i.e. superclubs hoarding 70 or 80 players at a time and going on world tours in every spare second they can find, then the incentives for lesser teams to be well run will disappear. Newcastle is actually a great example that's already happening. Mike Ashley is a businessman, he looks at that club and its market and realises that the quality of Newcastle's football, the product people come to see, is of no importance to the bottom line and so ensures that resources are diverted away from the football area of the business. That is how sports burn out.

Ian
17-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Aren't American sports basically run on communist lines?

With the draft picks and all that.

The theory is that every team has a chance to go from crap to the best in a short space of time but it doesn't work out that way that often, or at least not for more than brief dalliances with success before a team goes shit. Certainly now that the top draft picks aren't immediately becoming some of the best-paid in the league (which made it so there were many years when a team didn't really want the top pick unless there was a shit-hot, game-changer of a young player coming out of college) it works a bit better but ultimately once a team digs themselves into a hole for whatever reason it's very hard to get back out. A good team relies on having so much depth across the various positions and skillsets it's not as simple as making the most of the 'communist' aspect and becoming suddenly great.

Giggles
17-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Coaching and squad building staff are more important in the likes of the NFL than in soccer.

ScousePig
17-12-2015, 11:29 PM

Is that the same as become older > become more cynical > more important things in your life happen > what the fuck am I doing letting Sunderland get me down/spoil my weekend

?

Sunderland will always be a big part of my life, but I'm long past the stage of letting how shit we are bother me, or give a shit about any individual player or anything like that. The only time the emotions might get the better of me now are when I'm actually at a game. Even then by the time I've got to the car I'm over whatever trauma has occurred.

mugbull
18-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Do you not think that will change? The moment the leagues see declining interest, they're going to make everything more (financially) equitable.

Spoonsky
18-12-2015, 12:44 AM
It seemed like it was coming for a while but I was still pretty surprised to hear that he'd been sacked.

Diego Simeone can get back on his caravan and fuck off.

My Chelsea managers:

Hoddle: seemed good at the time, then started listening to Eileen Dover or whatever her name was and turned into an idiot.

Gullit: seemed good at the time with his dreads and his sexy football, later turned out to be a terrible coach and person who even now goes to Richard Keys's parties. Daft little suit, silly bloke, fuck off.

Vialli: bald, cool dude but then spent the next fifteen years drinking coffee, so clearly a waste of time.

Ranieri: the best man in football, which isn't hard, but still.

Mourinho I: hard as nails, boring football, success we'd never dreamed of.

Grant: the sort of bloke Mossad would have sent to assassinate your hamster.

Scolari: started off with this big dominant enforcer reputation, by the end it was like him and Ray Wilkins were a pair of ageing gay bears.

Hiddink: turned around our fortunes that season but there was something not quite right about it, like his wages were being paid with the blood of Russian orphans.

Ancelotti: The 2009-10 season was our greatest ever side and I'll always remember him for that.

Villas Boas: younger than half the players and spent most of his six months acting out a flaccid penis on the touchline. Total idiot.

Di Matteo: should serve as the guiding light for the club because he had absolutely no idea where he was or what he was doing, and yet won us the Champions League.

Benitez: just a complete pus-ridden vapid cunt of a man who is on a mission to ruin your enjoyment of football. Hint: Liverpool fans think he's great. Just think about that.

Mourinho II: Had gone slightly mental in the interim but won us the title again ffs.

There's roughly a good-shit-good-shit sequence there. Time for a shit.

That is quite obscene. I've been watching since Grant and even then I'd forgotten half of the ones since him. Is there any big side that's had more managers over the last decade?

Shindig
18-12-2015, 06:40 AM
Our list since I started properly watching goes:

Keegan, Dalglish, Gullit, Sir Bobby, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer, Hughton, Pardew, Carver, McClaren. Strangely, just one more than Jimmy's list.

Magic
18-12-2015, 06:48 AM
Howard Wilkinson, George Graham, David O'Leary, Terry Venebles, Peter Reid, Eddie Gray, Kevin Blackwell, John Carver, Dennis Wise, Gary McAllister, Simon Grayson, Neil Warnock, Brian McDermott, David Hockaday, Darko Milanic, Neil Redfearn, Uwe Rosler, Steve Evans.

ScousePig
18-12-2015, 07:14 AM
Denis Smith, Malcom Crosby, Terry Butcher, Mick Buxton but I can't really remember them.

SInce then: Peter Reid, Howard Wilkinson, Mick McCarthy, Kevin Ball, Niall Quinn, Roy Keane, Ricky Sbragia, Steve Bruce, Martin O'Neill, Paolo Di Canio, Gus Poyet, Dick Advocaat, Sam Allardyce

I've bolded the ones I liked/were any good.

Ian
18-12-2015, 07:47 AM
I love the SSN chat this morning about high profile players he's sold and how great they're doing elsewhere, as if the sale of Ryan Bertrand (it's not really pronounced ber-TRAND is it) is the cause of Jose's woes.

Palmer
18-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Then you've even got FC united falling apart like animal farm with wall to wall twats running the show.

What's the deal with them these days? From the brief glimpses I've had (I'll gloss over the fact their shitheap of a first 11 turned us over a few weeks ago) they now appear to be struggling to balance the demands of their rise up the leagues (games moved for TV, etc) with the beliefs that caused them to start the club in the first place. Not sure if that's a fair perception or not?

Mazuuurk
18-12-2015, 09:25 AM

I don't really agree with this. I do know oligarcs who support clubs like City and Chelsea vastly skew the financial playing field. But the beauty of the PL is that at least the [fuckin vast amounts of] TV-money are evenly distributed amongst the teams, which means all teams in England have at least a fighting chance to achieve stuff such as Everton, Southampton (and Leicester this season) have done over the last few years.

The fact that the PL is so competitive - for instance I reckon Everton or Spurs could easily be top 3 in Italy or France - is making it so tough on the CL sides to maintain a steady level of performance since even a game like Watford - Arsenal can be difficult for the latter. Coupled with the fact that there's actually some prestige attached to the FA cup (more than can be said of many other domestic cups...) - English football is looking more level and exciting than ever. Watching Stoke - Crystal Palace is a decent game to watch. Watching Real Betis - Deportivo isn't.

The main problem I think is the fucking immense gap between the Championship and the PL.

There is of course also the risk that over the coming 5-6 years, the rich teams will start having EVEN bigger squads to compensate for said competitiveness, but since you can't register infinite amounts of players (can you..?) I guess that would be sort of fine. You can't have 10 "world class" players in a squad - they won't be happy about being rotated that much.

simon
18-12-2015, 10:05 AM
I love the SSN chat this morning about high profile players he's sold and how great they're doing elsewhere, as if the sale of Ryan Bertrand (it's not really pronounced ber-TRAND is it) is the cause of Jose's woes.

It is horribly I TOLD YOU SO, isn't it. Jonathan Wilson mentioned the PSG game last season as a warning that should have been heeded, as if that poor performance was somehow a pre-cursor to being 16th in the league come December. Everyone wants to be the guy that predicted it and it's fucking boring. Nobody predicted this and there isn't a single reason as to why it's happened either.

simon
18-12-2015, 10:05 AM
By the way, if Juande Ramos even makes it to the car park at Cobham, I'm ending my support for the club.

CJay
18-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Is it really an immense gap, though? Often when the 3 teams come up it seems like all 3 of them will go straight back down, but it's never the case. If new teams can stay up each season then the gap isn't immense at all. In fact I'd say the top 6 in the Championship are no worse than the bottom 6 in the Premier League. :baz:

Jimmy Floyd
18-12-2015, 10:18 AM
I watch a lot of Championship and there's not much of a gap at all, other than in marketing.

I'm equally annoyed by Hiddink frankly. A lazy, nothing appointment. He's 69 and last managed a club three seasons ago which was a failed stint at Anzhi. Why not put Steve Holland in charge if it's just going to be an interim twat.

Lee
18-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Yeah the gap is a myth. I've always thought that. On average one promoted team goes down. It can't be that much of a gap if most teams stay up.

John
18-12-2015, 10:37 AM
It seemed like it was coming for a while but I was still pretty surprised to hear that he'd been sacked.

That is quite obscene. I've been watching since Grant and even then I'd forgotten half of the ones since him. Is there any big side that's had more managers over the last decade?

That's only two fewer managers than Rangers have had in the entire history of the club, excluding caretakers. That is largely down to the fact our first three managers lasted a combined sixty eight years, but still.

Davgooner
18-12-2015, 11:40 AM
It is horribly I TOLD YOU SO, isn't it. Jonathan Wilson mentioned the PSG game last season as a warning that should have been heeded, as if that poor performance was somehow a pre-cursor to being 16th in the league come December. Everyone wants to be the guy that predicted it and it's fucking boring. Nobody predicted this and there isn't a single reason as to why it's happened either.

There was a geezer on 5Live this morning who traced it back to Costa's stamp on Skrtel. :D

Toby
18-12-2015, 11:43 AM
The stamp on Can was one of the points mentioned by Jonathan Wilson in that article I posted. That and the incident with Carneiro were seen as major points in the players possibly turning on him. It's a point he and others made well before the sacking: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2583898-jose-mourinho-is-chelseas-greatest-boss-but-he-could-be-their-biggest-problem

Jimmy Floyd
18-12-2015, 11:52 AM
If the players can't deal with the sexy doctor being sacked because she shagged John Terry then they should all get life bans.

Davgooner
18-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Pretty laughable in any case. Reminiscent of the rebellion under AVB.

Sam
18-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Wheeling out Hiddink :D.

Mazuuurk
18-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Is it really an immense gap, though? Often when the 3 teams come up it seems like all 3 of them will go straight back down, but it's never the case. If new teams can stay up each season then the gap isn't immense at all. In fact I'd say the top 6 in the Championship are no worse than the bottom 6 in the Premier League. :baz:

I watch a lot of Championship and there's not much of a gap at all, other than in marketing.

I'm equally annoyed by Hiddink frankly. A lazy, nothing appointment. He's 69 and last managed a club three seasons ago which was a failed stint at Anzhi. Why not put Steve Holland in charge if it's just going to be an interim twat.

Yeah the gap is a myth. I've always thought that. On average one promoted team goes down. It can't be that much of a gap if most teams stay up.

That's encouraging. But I mean mainly financially, which I think long term will make it harder and harder for teams to actually stay up when they are promoted, because the financial hit will be bigger and bigger. But I guess so long as you invest relatively wisely when you do have cash (build up youth academy, etc), you should manage.

niko_cee
18-12-2015, 12:34 PM
The money is probably reaching saturation point anyway, and teams stockpiling overpaid shitheads probably give the plucky underdog 'play like a team' minnows a better chance.

Toby
18-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Man embarrasses family on live television.

John
18-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Fucking hell. :D

That's excruciating.

Kikó
18-12-2015, 02:40 PM
What's the deal with them these days? From the brief glimpses I've had (I'll gloss over the fact their shitheap of a first 11 turned us over a few weeks ago) they now appear to be struggling to balance the demands of their rise up the leagues (games moved for TV, etc) with the beliefs that caused them to start the club in the first place. Not sure if that's a fair perception or not?

What's happening is messy and I wouldn't be able to give it justice if I tried. The gist is vast governance, too much power in one man (who is now fergie like unquestionable) and a complete load of muppets trying to turn the club into being a vehicle for football change rather than a form of affordable football for the fans.

simon
18-12-2015, 02:43 PM

:D

Oh no.

Reg
18-12-2015, 09:58 PM
The biggest Chelsea fan twitter account had a big moan about Emenalo not using Mourinho's name. :D Ah dear.

IThe main problem I think is the fucking immense gap between the Championship and the PL.
Like others have said, this definitely isn't true. Watch our game tomorrow v Middlesborough and then watch Newcastle v Villa later.

Shindig
18-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Hey, don't accurately use us like that. :D You could've just said, "Look at Bournemouth."

Reg
18-12-2015, 10:06 PM
:D You have nothing to worry about - Villa, Norwich and Chelsea have got you sorted.

niko_cee
18-12-2015, 10:25 PM
That Time Vine letter is quite good, although I don't agree with him about the significance of the doctor thing.

Jimmy Floyd
18-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Emenalo absolutely fascinates me. You have one of the most successful managers in history who gets sacked and the bloke they wheel out to defend the decision is some Nigerian chap with a few national caps from the 90s, and almost no qualifications to do the job that he does. And yet he's seen off quite a few world class managers now.

Spoonsky
19-12-2015, 12:52 AM

The worrying thing is that they don't in fact look embarrassed at all.

Shindig
19-12-2015, 05:52 AM
Howay, its the lower classes on a day out at Ascot. They're made up.

Boom-Boom
19-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Jose as Manchester United manager and Pep as Manchester City manager would be utterly fascinating to watch.

Jimmy Floyd
19-12-2015, 01:59 PM
What is he doing at the Brighton game? Is Unlucky Chris for the bullet?

Lee
19-12-2015, 02:00 PM
I think he's mates with Karanka. He looks miserable as fuck.

Jimmy Floyd
19-12-2015, 02:03 PM
It's hard to see a decent job coming up for him soon unless he fancies PSG. He's clearly absolutely seething, and rightly so.

niko_cee
19-12-2015, 02:06 PM
PSG obviously will come along for him. Or back to Real.

Lee
19-12-2015, 02:08 PM
PSG would be such a boring job. Ligue 1 is terrible. Why are Monaco still shit? I thought they were loaded? It should be an attractive place to players as well, although the ground is shit I suppose. If they picked it up at least the league would be a bit more competitive.

Jimmy Floyd
19-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Monaco is proper shit club no fans. Get where they are thanks to tax exemptions.

That said, PSG itself is only 45 years old. French football is just shit and the French dislike the sport/all sport.

Andy
19-12-2015, 02:36 PM
He will go to United.

Davgooner
19-12-2015, 02:36 PM

I've had this on repeat since 7am. Wooooah-ah-ooooooooaaah.

Jimmy Floyd
19-12-2015, 02:41 PM
I've said this a million times but he absolutely won't ever go to United (unless they clear out the boardroom or have a massive rethink from the last 20 years). I'm no expert on wrestling terminology, so perhaps someone can correct the words here, but Mourinho is the world's number one 'heel' and United don't want any of that stuff around their brand. He also doesn't play his football The United Way.

United will go hard for Guardiola but if City get him (as I imagine they will) I would think they'll go for Continuity Giggs with perhaps a load of top, top coaches dragged in around him.

Yevrah
19-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Why would Guardiola choose City over Utd?

Lee
19-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Doesn't he have mates there? And they have more money. Personally think he'd go for United given the choice though. They're up there amongst the very biggest names in the world in terms of prestige, something City will never have.

niko_cee
19-12-2015, 08:47 PM
He's always been a man for a challenge . . .

Reg
19-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Mourinho turns down Roma who are expected to sack Garcia.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11861/10104487/mourinho-turns-down-roma

Shindig
19-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Has Totti got any badges?

Gray Fox
19-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Totti is busy chasing the Serie A goals record, isn't he?

Reg
19-12-2015, 10:37 PM
He'll need to start playing and scoring goals.

Reg
19-12-2015, 10:41 PM
"One banner at Chelsea Football Club declared: 'Hang your heads in shame.' Other scrawled protests were just as succinct, from 'You let us down' to accusations of 'Judas players' and demands for the dismissal of Michael Emenalo. Throw in the ferocious receptions granted Cesc Fàbregas and Diego Costa, with another placard outing them – most probably inaccurately, as it happens – and the absent Eden Hazard as 'the three rats' who had piqued Jose Mourinho’s paranoia, and this was a mood of mutiny."
Why are they so against the players, and so for Mourinho?

Can Mourinho do nothing wrong? They're treating him like some holy man.

Davgooner
19-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Players do normally tend to get off lightly in these situations. Aside from how shit most of them have been on the pitch all season, the suggestion that they basically decided to stop playing for the cunt is bound to wind up the fans.

Shindig
19-12-2015, 10:47 PM
He kind of shat on them publicly but I guess he thought the position was irreversible.

niko_cee
19-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Should have got himself some envelopes.

GS
19-12-2015, 10:56 PM
It was the same whenever some of the "English players" at Liverpool were agitating for an "English manager" when Lord Benitez was here. Then they got Hodgson.

Mourinho won three of the five titles Chelsea have won in their history. I think it's fair that fans feel a certain attachment to him over some mercenary like Cesc "Barca, mate" Fabregas.

Reg
19-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Fabregas IS clearly much more of a mercenary than Mourinho.

Edit- sorry, no need for sarcasm.

GS
19-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Chelsea have sacked Mourinho twice. As far as Chelsea fans are concerned, he hasn't been a "mercenary" with their club. And this discussion is very much in the context of the views of Chelsea fans.

Reg
19-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Neither are mercenaries.

Anyway, it just seems like they've either accepted Mourinho's "betrayed" line without having any evidence to back it up, or they're just that much in love with him to accept he could have made mistakes.

Jimmy Floyd
20-12-2015, 12:41 PM
In the paper this morning it says that Mourinho asked for a centre back, a left back and a striker in the summer and the club refused to sign any of them. Meanwhile he also asked for Eva to be got rid of ages back, which was also denied, and Abramovich made the decision on selling Cech to Arsenal, against Mourinho's wishes. Meanwhile they were all over Baba Rahman and Papy Djilobodji like a cheap suit, before panic-buying Pedro after we lost a couple of games in August.

What on earth are they doing?

Magic
20-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Didn't think he was the type of person to put up with that sort of shit.

Boydy
20-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Why did he want rid of Eva ages ago?

Magic
20-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Probably because she was banging Hazard and disrupting the team?

Toby
22-12-2015, 02:05 PM
It is, as was touched upon above, yet another redrafting of work he's done before (parts of it polished from the article I already posted) but this is a good read from Jonathan WIlson: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/22/devil-and-jose-mourinho

(And if you fancy a laugh at just how much he gets away with rehashing his own writing, have a look at this from April: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/apr/23/jose-mourinho-the-anti-barcelona-chelsea-pep-guardiola)

Jimmy Floyd
22-12-2015, 02:40 PM
I was with him right up until the line about Milton preferring Satan to the denizens of God.

Lewis
22-12-2015, 05:05 PM
The other Guardian story about United insisting that he winds his neck in is good. 'Corporate Jose'. :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2015, 02:59 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/483075/Roberto-Mancini-Chelsea-Next-Manager-Odds-Jose-Mourinho-Sacking-Gossip-Rumour-Latest

If that's true :eyemouth:

It's not but one can dream I guess.

niko_cee
23-12-2015, 07:53 AM
That would be beyond amazing, although I've seen Pellegrini linked as well so you'd imagine they're just making it up at this stage.

Reg
28-12-2015, 09:08 PM
The Mirror are saying Mourinho has been offered the Real Madrid job.

Pepe
28-12-2015, 09:16 PM
He should move between those two jobs every two years indefinitely.

Smiffy
28-12-2015, 09:18 PM

Spoonsky
28-12-2015, 09:22 PM
The Mirror are saying Mourinho has been offered the Real Madrid job.

Half of me thinks that's ridiculous, half of me thinks it makes perfect sense.

Pepe
28-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Top-bottom or left-right?

Lee
28-12-2015, 09:28 PM
United must want Guardiola. If they wanted Mourinho they'd probably have sacked Van Gaal by now.

Pepe
28-12-2015, 09:29 PM
I've been seeing a lot of talk about Guardiola here. Why would he leave Bayern? Isn't he donning it left and right over there?

Lee
28-12-2015, 09:32 PM
He has already announced he's leaving at the end of the season.

Pepe
28-12-2015, 09:33 PM
I see. Wherever he goes he will get a fortune.

Lee
28-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Most reports have him taking the Man City job but apparently his personal preference is United. He should turn up at Real Madrid.

Jimmy Floyd
28-12-2015, 09:58 PM
I will laugh so hard if he goes back to Madrid (and also collect some much needed 'proved right' points).

CJay
07-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Apparently Carneiro settled minutes before she was due to give her testimony today. She previously rejected £1.2m. I wonder how much they gave her in the end. :cab:

And isn't this basically an admission that Mourinho is a very bad man?

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-06-2016, 02:57 PM
She must have had some serious dirt if they didn't want her testifying.

niko_cee
07-06-2016, 03:21 PM
I doubt it. It sounded like her case was mostly BS so she was probably just going to slander a whole bunch of people in testimony, which was probably best avoided for all concerned.

Jimmy Floyd
07-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Especially considering he's now with a major rival. Or is it a cartel these days? Hard to know.

Lewis
07-06-2016, 03:23 PM
He wasn't even meant to be at the court today, so put her down as another MINDGAMES victim.

niko_cee
07-06-2016, 03:23 PM
It's John Obi Mikel all over again, except this time United are doing the paying.