PDA

View Full Version : Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 - The Best Football Game Ever Made?

Mike
19-09-2015, 10:46 AM
http://i.minus.com/iu3c4QZnWFL2S.jpg

My copy arrived this morning. Currently going for the task of editing it. For the first time in years you can import stuff, so I'll be editing names, then importing badges and kits. A painful task, but worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzIMH2Z8nq4

Baz
19-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Absolutely can't wait for this years Master League. :drool:

Shindig
19-09-2015, 11:52 AM
I want to put off buying this as long as possible. Played a bit of 2015 again yesterday. I still like it enough to skip 2016 but man, Drury's commentary sounds decent. The stat tracking on this sounds amazing, though. Finding out you're shitting goals from set-pieces give you something more specific to work on. And dynamic weather. Yikes.

Disco
19-09-2015, 11:57 AM
I wonder if this will come under the Konami guillotine? Best enjoy it while it's here.

Shindig
19-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Not a clue. They're hiring new staff for a new Metal Gear but what scale that takes is unclear. I'd imagine PES and it's small team are sustainable, providing the sales are there to keep them viable.

7om
19-09-2015, 01:57 PM
I've been seriously considering buying is because there's no way I'm buying FIFA again but the only thing holding me back is Master League. Is it really as good as people are saying?

And how does youth intake work on it? Do they have proper academies / youth teams or are they still doing that awful setup where older players retire and then immediately respawn as 16 year olds?

Shindig
19-09-2015, 04:20 PM
I'd imagine it's still the same. It wouldn't take much just to have a regen text file like FM. Not that it's a huge issue as there's plenty of talent in these games. And I maintain that a regenerated James Beattie was the best striker I've ever had in a game. Started streaming some of my 2015 Master League before. Began brilliantly with 4 straight wins and then it settled into mediocrity. That's still the deciding factor for me. 2016 could do a lot of things right but if I can't get some form going on Superstar (and Top Player continues to be beneath my level), then it's the same old rut.

At least they ditched the 'cheat prevention' which allow you to rage quit single player stuff. There's always that one game too many that shafts you.

http://www.twitch.tv/shindigpsc/v/16756285

That first four. :D The rest :|

Mike
19-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Started editing this today and had my mind blown with the kits folk have made.

Disco
19-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Are you streaming that straight from a console Shinners?

Shindig
19-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Yup. Funny how that drew a record 6 viewers.

Disco
19-09-2015, 07:57 PM
I've followed. :)

Shindig
19-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Sweet. I'll be doing Extra Life in November so I'm streaming more to boost viewership. For the kids. The kids in America.

Danny
20-09-2015, 03:17 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/wiki/2016_team_list

Editing doesnt seem to be as bad as I thought it was going to be. May have to look at PES this year.

Mike
20-09-2015, 03:53 PM
I've spent today editing, it takes time but the results are pretty cool

http://youtu.be/o9KHmXBapEE

7om
20-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Don't know what's going on around here but Best Buy are not even advertising the game and Walmart are saying nothing in store and another 10 days or so if I get it delivered.

EDIT: and GameStop are only saying it's available in Baltimore. What the hell is going on.

Shindig
20-09-2015, 04:02 PM
I take it you have to manually import all the images?

Danny
20-09-2015, 04:06 PM
From what I read yeah
7om have you thought about digital?

7om
20-09-2015, 04:08 PM
I thought about it but won't it be enormous?

Danny
20-09-2015, 04:17 PM
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/pro-evolution-soccer-2016-digital-exclusive-bundle/cid=UP0101-CUSA02637_00-DIGIEXCLUSIVEBUN

18 GB. So yeah.

7om
20-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Bought it :drool:

I might be able to play by next weekend.

Danny
20-09-2015, 04:23 PM
:lol:

Its my birthday Friday and the missus was asking if I was buying FIFA this year. I dropped hints at wanting this instead.

Ill probably end up with FIFA.

Mike
20-09-2015, 04:34 PM
I take it you have to manually import all the images?
Yeah, people have made them along with guides on what to do. You basically edit the kit so it's just one colour then import an image that does everything.

Shindig
20-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Turns out Konami did send us a copy whilst the editor was away. FREE STUFF!

7om
20-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Just kicked off Master League with my beloved 'West Midlands City' and they do indeed have youth teams! Although it is a bit strange considering most of the names look as if somebody has had a seizure when typing on the keyboard and a lot if them are already rated higher than my first team.

I played a quick exhibition game earlier and while it does seem like an improvement over FIFA I'm not really sure why people are wanking over this so much. I'll have a better idea once I get online for a few games, I reckon.

wullie
21-09-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm waiting on the Konami roster update before I start a Master League, as apparently if you do the transfers yourself it'll just change them back anyway.

With the kit templates, I'm going to give it a try to see how easy it is to make old Cov kits, and then maybe Eclipse and Spliffy t-shirts while I'm going back to our glory days.

phonics
21-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Is the PC version a load of old tosh as usual?

Shindig
21-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Just kicked off Master League with my beloved 'West Midlands City' and they do indeed have youth teams! Although it is a bit strange considering most of the names look as if somebody has had a seizure when typing on the keyboard and a lot if them are already rated higher than my first team.

Yeah, you'll sometimes get proper ringers in previous PES'. Eduardo Morillo in PES 2013, for example. Turns out that was a To Madeira situation of some kid getting put in the game because he won a competition or something. Xavi and Iniesta rolled into one.

And the PC version is graphically inferior, phonics. Naturally, some people are pissed off given how MGS V was handled.

wullie
21-09-2015, 11:43 AM
I've got the Premier League and MLS kits from Pesworld, although not sure if I can be arsed with the MLS. Are there any sites or forums where people are doing more unique teams?

Shindig
21-09-2015, 12:08 PM
I went to PESGaming for some stuff.

K-O
21-09-2015, 12:09 PM
It looks decent. I've already got FIFA pre-ordered, but might have a bash at this soon.

Baz
21-09-2015, 02:49 PM
With the kit templates, I'm going to give it a try to see how easy it is to make old Cov kits, and then maybe Eclipse and Spliffy t-shirts while I'm going back to our glory days.:D

You'll have to see if you can edit the boots to have a Grolsch bottletop through the laces.

Danny
21-09-2015, 11:59 PM
I went to PESGaming for some stuff.

It's back up then? Was down when I was trying to figure out how much I actually need to do should I buy it.

7om
22-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Just been playing this again and I'm still yet to see the evidence why this is the best football game ever made. Admittedly I've been playing the AI on Superstar (which so absolutely fucking ridiculous) but nothing is standing out thus far.

Shindig
22-09-2015, 08:44 AM
It's back up then? Was down when I was trying to figure out how much I actually need to do should I buy it.

Dunno. I'm talking last year. Anyway, copy's arrived so I'm livestreaming THE REVIEW PROCESS for reasons unknown to me. www.twitch.tv/shindigpsc

Shindig
22-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Newcastle's default kit is red and white stripes. You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

I've done alright on Superstar so far. Takes a while to adjust to the way the game moves. There's a lot more inertia going on. Couple that with having to actually play the conditions (players slip and if a game takes place in rainy conditions, the pitch gets heavier) and I don't actually think the physical aspect of the game is too bad. It felt worse in the demo. It plays a little more relaxed on Superstar than it did last season. I'm not keeping the concentration up as much as I needed to in 2015.

Love the Master League revamp. It's still cluttered but that game throws stats at you like nobody's business so you can target where you're going wrong if you're an Opta retard like Taz. The coach seemed to chime in with some advice saying Cisse's getting tackled too often by the opposition. He was right.

Commentary is observant although Drury's SHOUTING might eventually make me turn it off. They reference new players, your form and even the fact you're a new manager. Hopefully that goes deeper as you win titles and gain a reputation. Also, keepers are definitely suspicious. I had a keeper go to ground way too early when all he had to do was give chase and boot it. In the Arsenal match Tim Krul let two shots squirm underneath him which implies he should've got down quicker. Yet, I've not been pressured nearly as much in this game. Even the Arsenal game we had a decent first half showing.

I dunno. Initially it feels like a better product than last year but its lacking a bit of last year's challenge. I'll dig a little deeper and get something up on www.playstationcountry.com on Thursday / Friday and I need to get these kits edited. I'm not waiting til the review's over to start. Red and white? Fuck that noise!

Mike
23-09-2015, 06:28 AM
I finished editing the kits last night using the pes world stuff. It looks fantastic!

Shindig
23-09-2015, 10:24 AM
I was surprised how easy it was. Import, copy and paste. Didn't do the colour edits though so the crowds look like they've wandered in from another game but whatever. I could tweak that. 330 kit slots, though. I'll need to pick and choose. Maybe.

Shindig
24-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Wor review is up. (http://www.playstationcountry.com/game-review/pro-evolution-soccer-2016-ps4-review/)

Going with the crowd on this one.

wullie
24-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Mild shitter, the squad and transfer update isn't coming out until the end of October in a big data pack along with new teams, boots, etc.

Can't they just roll out a quick transfer update on its own? Madden throws one at you every ten minutes.

Shindig
24-09-2015, 03:39 PM
That's probably when their Live Update stuff gets switched on as well. They must've had the squads on lockdown super early, too. Practically none of the summer transfers are on.

Shindig
25-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Here's a public service announcement, fellas. Serie B is a bit inaccurate. Now, I understand its not licensed by they also didn't take into account that:

a) Brescia went down from Serie A and
b) Teramo were stripped of their Serie C title for being super match-fixy. Catania retain their spot in PES despite Teramo being replaced by Ascoli as runners up to Teramo.

Wonder if that's forthcoming in the October patch?

Guido-
26-09-2015, 01:01 AM
yeah everything will be sorted in October patch including transfers, pathetic its not already done but that's what happen when you rush to get a game out before fifa because some people cant wait a couple days LOL

Danny
26-09-2015, 02:16 AM
:lol:

Its my birthday Friday and the missus was asking if I was buying FIFA this year. I dropped hints at wanting this instead.

Ill probably end up with FIFA.

Yep :cab:

7om
26-09-2015, 02:22 AM
Happy Birthday, Danny!

Danny
26-09-2015, 02:32 AM
Cheers :)

Shindig
26-09-2015, 09:10 AM
If you returned it, would she notice?

Mike
26-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Yep :cab:
Buy yourself Pro Evo and keep both in the FIFA box ;)

Guido-
26-09-2015, 10:56 AM
I'm really trying to find some MyClub playthroughs on youtube and all I can find is this guy called HollowGamer with the most annoying accent ever and the other people are fucking Turkish ffs

Danny
26-09-2015, 02:17 PM
If you returned it, would she notice?

Probably

Buy yourself Pro Evo and keep both in the FIFA box ;)

I might just buy PES when the October patch is out.

Mike
26-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Played a load of this against my mate today and it's fantastic! We had some close matches too.
The difference between a team of top top players and an average side feels so good too.

7om
26-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Nope, I'm done with this game after one week.

I don't know how many times I've conceded now because my two full backs drop 10 yards behind the centre haves and so when the over powered over the top through ball comes in the opposition are through on goal without fail.

Just now I conceded one goal where my centre half tackled the opponent and won the ball back. My other centre half then inexplicably starts legging it toward the half way line. The opposition quickly tackle my player and are through on goal.

How on Earth people have called this the greatest football game ever is beyond me. Defensively it's broken.

Shindig
26-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Started a new league campaign and I haven't conceded in 6 so far on Superstar. Goals are hard to come by but Riviere's winning by virtue of staying central when we attack. Cisse's been killed off this year. He's playing like Shola. Constantly going wide and offside.

Not conceding feels weird because Arsenal and City didn't really press it.

Tom, it's okay to admit you're shit at it.

7om
26-09-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm on the edge here, don't push me.

7om
26-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Also Icardi is an absolute beast on this. Offensively is no problem at all but defending is beyond belief.

Shindig
26-09-2015, 09:39 PM
It does seem weird how I was kinda iffy with other teams yesterday. Even with Newcastle I couldn't get anywhere with them til I switched to 4-4-2. Then I play it today and we're watertight. I don't really know where I'm at.

wullie
27-09-2015, 09:38 AM
I started a Master League on whatever the second toughest difficulty is and I've already got 20 matches in. Addicted now.

Baz
27-09-2015, 11:39 AM
I assume you'll be starting again on October 29th?

Might end up doing that, just have the first one as a practice.

Shindig
27-09-2015, 12:26 PM
All I'm needing for editing now is Serie B kits and Portugal's top flight. And all of the transfers. Haven't decided quite what I'm doing with South America. Got the Argentine and Chilean badges all set but won't have the space to give them kits.

wullie
27-09-2015, 09:25 PM
I assume you'll be starting again on October 29th?

Might end up doing that, just have the first one as a practice.

I might do, it depends on how much changes with the update. I've manually done most of the Premier League and Serie A transfers, but that doesn't prevent the game adding pretend teams in the Champions League anyway so I might stick with it depending on how far in I am.

John Arne
28-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I've been trying to play myclub online with my mate on the same team (same house and computer) against opposition, but it doesn't seem to be an option. Anyone else tried this?

Shindig
29-09-2015, 07:41 AM
I think you can only do that in certain lobbies. Don't think MyClub lets you do that as it's sort of a single player-ish mode.

John Arne
29-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Anyone trying myclub? I only played for a couple of hours... but I hate it. It's clunky, ugly and impossible to sign players.

Even with a super agent, I signed three players that I've never heard of.

Not a fan. Think ill go back to Master league.

7om
29-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Fired it up again last night. Loaded a quick exhibition between Ajax and Liverpool on Superstar and was 3-0 down within 20 mins. I promptly switched it off again.

wullie
29-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Including the demo, I've possibly played this more already than I did with 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11tA-in-8TM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NamBrZ1Re0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqRKvgFUGDA

7om
29-09-2015, 11:40 PM
I gave it one last chance tonight. I downloaded the nice new kits and emblems and fired up a Master League as Birmingham.

Just lost the opening game of the season 7-2 to fucking Blackburn. I swear to fucking God if this wasn't a digital download I'd have snapped the cunting disk right there and then. I've deleted the game and I'm done. Fuck you.

Shindig
30-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Mate, you need a defending primer. I'll get on it tonight and show you how it's done.

wullie
30-09-2015, 07:38 AM
What difficulty do you play on 7om? It sounds like a completely different game, I only see two or three clear chances in an average match.

Boydy
30-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Zom. :D

7om
30-09-2015, 12:20 PM
I'm playing on Superstar, Wullie.

One goal took the biscuit yesterday. From the midfield the AI one touch passed it about 10 times in a row with the final pass putting Jordan Rhodes one-on-one with the keeper and of course he scored. I just wish I had saved the replay because it was the most ridiculous, unrealistic crap I've seen so far.

I have no idea what is going on but the amount of times the AI will drift off my AI-controlled centre half and be through on goal from over-the-top through ball is ridiculous. Five times at least per match, I'd guess.

I've also tried different approaches. I've tried the high pressure, lots of closing down method just as I tried the stand off and play it cool type and nothing worked. I'm done, anyway, I can't be doing with it.

Baz
30-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Put it down a setting to Top Player 'til you get better at it.

Boydy
30-09-2015, 08:21 PM
I was thinking of getting this but then I read the PC port is meant to be shit. Was that the case last year as well? I thought last year's was pretty good but didn't play any of the console versions so I don't know how it compares.

I tried the FIFA 16 demo today and I don't like it at all. It feels far too floaty and weightless.

Samadini
30-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Regret buying FIFA over this. :(

7om
30-09-2015, 08:52 PM
I'd swap with you if I could, Sama.

Mike
30-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Been on this tonight, played some vs. games then fired up My Clubs mode, seems alright. Shame you can't co-op online games though. Me and Baz scored this cracker to win a thrilling match of awful defending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouVEyj3z1Qc

wullie
30-09-2015, 09:15 PM
I've not played FIFA since the quick hour I gave it.

Shindig
03-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Finally settled on an AFC Champions League campaign with Gamba Osaka. Reasonable effort that ended in the knockouts because our token Brazilian is shit. Also this is the first time the game's felt overly physical. Grrr.

John Arne
07-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Just noticed that you can't play sweepers on this game. Shit.

Mike
07-10-2015, 09:18 PM
While we're waiting for the database update we've been playing on MyClub mode, and as it's crap you can't play with three players co-op online, meaning we've had to play against the computer, and for some reason only the rubbish cup is open to us.
So tonight we tried to work out skills...

http://youtu.be/TfcskYNvxk0

Yevrah
07-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Peter Drury. :sick:

wullie
08-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Got to the end of my first Master League season with Roma. A woeful sixth in the league, Champions League QF exit to Atletico but a solid Coppa Italia win. Totti's been given Bandiera status which only took him until age 40 to get whereas January signings Edinson Cavani and Marco Gabbiadini are already the 8th King of Rome and Galloping Major respectively. Before it goes into preseason I've got a testimonial match against 'Old Boys' which is marking Didier Drogba's retirement.

wullie
13-10-2015, 01:45 PM
With Cavani getting the 8th King of Rome nickname after a few months, an actual all-time great gets an even more grand title.

http://i.imgur.com/BE1Evr9.jpg

Weaver
16-10-2015, 07:45 AM
This is down to £26 on Amazon for the Xbox 360, and £31 on Xbox One and PS4.

I've been thinking about getting something new for a while, as the last game I bought was GTA V, so I think I might jump in for £26. I need to get a new controller while I'm on.

Shindig
18-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Still trying to figure this game out. Here's a couple of team reports:

Valencia
Small squad that plays 4-3-3 with a main striker being so far off the midfield that any long balls come right back at you. Rodrigo has some presence but doesn't seem to have much in front of goal. Piatti is predictably flighty but dies at the thought of contact. Negredo's kinda just there. You're lucky if you nick a 1-0 whilst the small squad size leaves no room to alter things. Not much movement from the midfield which is annoying because that's probably where your goals will come from. Alcacer's alright but without the service, he might as well not exist.

Inter
In contrast, this team is massive although the striking options are thin on the ground. I'm preferring Podolski to Icardi and the compact midfield give the wingbacks a chance to drive on. Gives the side some proper width and Palacio will try to get on the end of things. Probably the first team I've genuinely liked on this version. Not struggling for goals, either. After a lacklustre 1-1 with Udinese, we coasted past Sassuolo and surprisingly beat Roma 3-1.

wullie
29-10-2015, 02:38 PM
That transfer update they made everyone playing offline wait a month for misses the last two days of the transfer window, despite the update that was released almost immediately for online being bang up to date. What the

Shindig
29-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Whatever. At least I can now get to the big edit.

Shindig
31-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Tried Newcastle out post-patch. It started so great and ended so Newcastle.

http://www.twitch.tv/shindigpsc/v/23327872

That Malaga match was tragic.

Mike
04-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Started our 3 player Master League tonight, St. Helens, with the Master League players. It's bloody good.

DC
05-11-2015, 01:02 AM
Started our 3 player Master League tonight, St. Helens, with the Master League players. It's bloody good.

C'mon you Saints!

Also, just from the first video the audio and general vibe of the stadium is a massive improvement. The positive runs by the players also looks like it's on the way somewhere closer to real life.

Weaver
05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
This is down to £26 on Amazon for the Xbox 360, and £31 on Xbox One and PS4.

I've been thinking about getting something new for a while, as the last game I bought was GTA V, so I think I might jump in for £26. I need to get a new controller while I'm on.

This has jumped back up to £32.22 now, but I've got a few £10 Amazon vouchers so I think I'll order it at the weekend.

Baz
05-11-2015, 06:30 PM
They've brought back the graph to show expected player growth in Master League. :drool:

Shindig
05-11-2015, 09:45 PM
I enjoy the fact the skill hexagon is back. And it's discounted on PSN at the minute, I think.

Luke Emia
07-11-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm tempted to purchase this. Got FIFA but the career mode just isn't the same.

Baz
13-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Halfway through the first season on ML and absolutely flying. Top of the league and into the FA Cup 4th round. What an awesome awesome game.

wullie
19-11-2015, 02:40 PM
To make up for the transfer update balls up, whatever their Euro 2016 DLC is going to be will now be free for existing users. Lovely.

Shindig
19-11-2015, 06:12 PM
What a lovely, yet odd thing to do.

Baz
27-11-2015, 02:59 PM
First season of the Master League done and dusted. Won the league and the FA Cup, making just one signing - some Kolo Touré lookalike called Djene (we call him Dembele) who has the top "perk" so players get a good boost off him and stuff.

Figured while we had the crap default team we'd bash the AI for fun but now we're going up to Top Player. Not ready for Superstar yet, if ever.

My hopes are FA Cup win » Europa League win » Champions League win, all while milling about in the Premier League midtable. Regens are about to come through now though. :drool: Apparently there's a testimonial friendly at the end of the season (I went home and Mike & The Reid played the last two games of the season without me) where all the players who are retiring play, so we get a glimpse at the 16 year olds about to become available. Although a quick google suggests things are a little different to the regen system in pes2015. :uhoh:

Baz
28-11-2015, 09:39 AM
:moop:

Best player to come through at the start of the season was Jason Puncheon, and he'd already agreed terms with someone else.

The Reid has the player 1 pad though so even if a proper legends like Chris Brunt had resurfaced, we probably wouldn't have been allowed to sign him.

Top Player seems more like our level, as we've drawn and lost a few, but the fun has definitely decreased by about 80% now it's all serious business.

Andrew
28-11-2015, 04:26 PM
How you rate this game so far Baz?

Mike
28-11-2015, 07:24 PM
:moop:

Best player to come through at the start of the season was Jason Puncheon, and he'd already agreed terms with someone else.

The Reid has the player 1 pad though so even if a proper legends like Chris Brunt had resurfaced, we probably wouldn't have been allowed to sign him.

Top Player seems more like our level, as we've drawn and lost a few, but the fun has definitely decreased by about 80% now it's all serious business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAw5McLtcV8

Shindig
28-11-2015, 07:41 PM
I'll be using the upcoming week off to finally sort out the Bundesliga.

Baz
29-11-2015, 08:36 AM
How you rate this game so far Baz?I'd say it's better than 2015, and I really enjoyed that version. :)

Having played FIFA I'd say I massively prefer PES. However I only play both with friends, and Mike told me PES is better to play with friends but FIFA's better if you're playing on your own.

wullie
29-11-2015, 04:26 PM
I've only played both in single player and I don't get on with FIFA at all, barely touched it because of that.

Andrew
30-11-2015, 04:17 AM
I've never liked FIFA for some reason, been a PES fan since the days of ISS on the Super Nintendo.

Once I finish Shadow Of Mordor I think I'll get balls deep into Pes.

Andrew
03-12-2015, 05:51 AM
So got round to installing and playing this first 4 quick games on superstar

2-2, 0-0, 2-2 3-3

Easy to score keepers are shit, but make amazing outfield players ran the whole length of the pitch twice and scored on both with him.....

Baz
05-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Steven Gerrard and Boubacar Barry came through our youth team. :cool:

Mike
05-12-2015, 02:43 PM
and Gerrard is rocketing to the top. Already got the captains arm band.

Andrew
08-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Really want to get into this game so far only managing to play a few exhibition games between random teams.

Might have to swallow my pride and admit I'm to shit at this game and lower it to top player or something as I'm struggling to score since this new 2GB update.

Few niggles that are starting to annoy but in all honesty they have been in every PES that I've ever played.

Throw ins cpu always close you down as soon as you take it where as you can't get near the cpu when they take one.

CPU always reacts faster to loose balls or always seem to be in the right place at the right time to collect them.

CPU can take the ball of your players with little trouble but when they decide to rampage across the field on a mazy run 11 of my players will just bounce off them to no effect.

Shindig
09-12-2015, 01:40 PM
What difficulty are you on?

Andrew
10-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Superstar mate but lowered it down to top player now, going to give master league a full season before I make a full judgement on it.

Shindig
10-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Superstar's where I'm at but I definitely need to be in a frame of mind to get much from it.

wullie
11-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Is Superstar the very top difficulty? I can't remember the names but I think I play at the one below the top.

Shindig
11-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Yeah, Superstar is the highest. Top Player below that. I find the latter too easy so I'm committed to that path.

wullie
11-12-2015, 10:55 AM
I restarted my Master League when the almost-update came out and I bumped the difficulty up so I'm not sure exactly which one I'm on now. It can't be the very top one though, I only struggle against primo teams.

Andrew
11-12-2015, 04:45 PM
I find top player to easy but superstar winds me up no end....

Baz
11-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Top Player is a good balance between solid AI defending and moderate attacking in numbers. Superstar kills you with counterattacks and through balls.

Andrew
12-12-2015, 07:14 PM
So in a desperate attempt to like this game I've been ploughing through a master league.

Superstar 10 min games, 5 games in won 3 lost 2

I thought online was just spamming through balls but the AI takes the piss through ball after through ball every goal they score is a carbon copy a one two on the edge of the area through ball and my keeper does his best to not save anything.

Exhibition games the fouls and cards shown for and against seem realistic but since starting a master league campaign nothing whatsoever??!?!

Don't think I can even be arsed importing kits and all......

Shindig
12-12-2015, 07:41 PM
I just try to be cautious and keep things simple if I need to.

Andrew
12-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Just checked the stats page where it shows where you conceded from etc

All goals against have been through balls....

There is just no variation in how they score.

Keepers don't help matters the gimp I have in goals right now is a pleb of the highest order...

wullie
13-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Goals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB5BrPjINyM

Baz
13-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Just checked the stats page where it shows where you conceded from etc

All goals against have been through balls....

There is just no variation in how they score.

Keepers don't help matters the gimp I have in goals right now is a pleb of the highest order...Your goalie is probably the most important player on this. On Master League we had a 65 rated bloke who couldn't save a single shot. 67 seems to be the minimum in order to make saves. We loaned in a 67 (Ander) before eventually getting a 69 regen.

Andrew
13-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Yeah my keeper is 63 rated and can handle long shots fine but anything that's hit within the penalty box is a certain goal.

Any tips on defending on this game just seems so skewed towards attacking players.

The best defensive set up was it pes 2013 or 14 where you just held X and pushed toward your goals and your defender would track the player with the ball then when you wanted to tackle you just pushed towards the attacker.

This system I could totally shut out the biggest teams online and have some good tense 1-0 wins etc.

With the older pes games it would take me a load of games before I could even get my first goal, but even on superstar now I banged in 2 or 3 goals on my first try.

Boom-Boom
27-12-2015, 06:25 PM
How long does it take to update kits / names etc. on the X-Box One?

randomlegend
27-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Is the PC version of this the same as the Xbox/PS4 version, or is it shit?

Boydy
27-12-2015, 07:18 PM
I haven't played it but from what I've read it's the same as the PS3/Xbox 360 version and is therefore a bit shit.

Baz
27-12-2015, 07:24 PM
How long does it take to update kits / names etc. on the X-Box One?Absolutely ages.

Boom-Boom
27-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Yea I've just read it's a long process.

For fuck sake, you'd think they'd want to make it as easy as possible. I remember when you could just overwrite the option file on your memory card, I did it for half of my school.

Shindig
27-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Because now your consoles are tied to profiles which can't be fiddled with. The price you pay for 'always on'. I've got about 10 Bundesliga teams left and then I'm done. Not going to bother with the other European teams seeing as the fake ones wind up in Europe anyway.

Andrew
29-12-2015, 07:31 PM
I never even got round to importing kits, the keepers being dog shite and the same goals scored by the AI ruined this game for me.

Never played it online so maybe it's more fun against your mates but single player is terrible.

At one point in time with PES I would jump out of the chair when I scored a goal, I'm more amazed when a shot is saved with this edition.

Shindig
03-01-2016, 12:58 PM
So I started a campaign with the Master League defaults. I'm beginning to see what the deal is with through balls.

Baz
04-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Stick with em. Vasilj. :drool:

Shindig
09-01-2016, 05:33 PM
I've decided to skip through the first season and just handle the transfers. £15m up. Finished 7th.

Shindig
16-01-2016, 05:26 PM
And after that window we've got £21m. After many, many free transfers the squad takes shape. A couple of youth kids enter to bolster the numbers and are genuinely better than the seniors. Libor Kozak was a cash buy last season but he just seems streets ahead of the other players. Castledine's developed into a ringer. Notable freebies include Darron Gibson, an Abdullah fella from Lorient who looks good and Adam Reach. 1 win, 1 draw although we're conceding first in both games which has me concerned. The keeper market's a bit crap as well. Gazzaniga came in again and Juame Domenech arrives as a third choice.

Scepovic is Kozak's backup and he scored on his debut. Shame I couldn't entice Arbeloa back. Real don't want him.

Shindig
23-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Its now £40m in the bank. The AI can't help but put the bids in so I'm rebuilding the squad every six months. Annoying. Abdullah's away for £7m which tells you how crucial that man has been. I'm also managing Japan and wish I wasn't.

Baz
23-01-2016, 08:18 PM
We're on £112m because we only tend to get the regens.

In net we've got Brad Friedel with Boubacar Barry as sub.
Defence is Giorja (from the original squad), Ashley Cole, Barzagli and Wes Brown. Also got Vasilj & Canning from the originals and someone with the top perk called Djene.
Midfield is Carrick, Gerrard, Zhuk & Alan. Backups are Hettich from the originals, and someone we call Petroleum Paul who's real name I don't know.
Up front we have Crouch and Heskey. :cool:

Mike is fixed on Gerrard, The Reid is Heskey (who was stuck at 64 rating for ages but we got him upto 69 last night) and I control everyone else.

It's a good game.

Shindig
23-01-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm living off freebies which is why I'm so keen to sell for MAJOR NET GAINS!

Shindig
07-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Still at the arse end of the Championship despite Totti in the #10 role. I think Kozak needs shifting on.

Shindig
13-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Progress. Had a month of 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat which takes us to a respectable position in the Championship. Kozak got injured which allowed A. Soares (I'm pronouncing it Suarez because he's Argentinian) to prove himself as a better target man. Kozak was good in the air but his feet were back to front. And now he's sold £3.4m. Soares doesn't score but he links up well with Francesco. Brought in a new striker who looks better on paper but I dunno.

Teamwork's at 95 now so keeping the squad together is paying dividends.

Shindig
20-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Scrapping at the top now. Sebastian Rode is Lothar Matthaus.

Baz
21-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Sacked this off. Not as fun as 2015. The Reid's still playing through our ML though so might jump back in and go fixed on Sagna when he comes through as a 16 year old.

The only thing better is freekicks and the player progress graphs on masterleague.

Shindig
27-02-2016, 05:05 PM
There's definitely a random element to this which narks me a bit. 2nd in the table. 10 games left. Sierra's started scoring but my second string is a bit of a shambles.

GK: A. Adan

LB: Dodo
CB: Hilton
CB: Some other youthie with a bland name.
RB: Browning

ML: Cauiby (created Bundesliga player)
DM: Buena
CM: S. Rode
MR: Y. Muto (another Bundesliga player)

SS: Totti
CF: J.L. Sierra

Spares:

GK: Gazzaniga, Gomes
CB: Distin, Danielli
RB/LB: L. Rosenior
CM/DM: Carrick, Gibson
AM: Carmona, Wellington
SS: Viola
CF: A. Soares

Distin as left-back cover is terrifying. He cannot move.

Shindig
12-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Huh. Qualified for Europe with an 8th-placed finish. Not only that but a 2-0 win against Southampton on the final day was enough to finish ahead of Villa on goal difference by virtue of goals scored. 45 in 38, 27 of which came from our front two (Totti and Sierra). Semi-finalists in the FA Cup.

When this game's firing, its amazing.

Shindig
11-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Bringing it back, y'all. My last season is wrapped up. 7th spot secured another European season and we made it to the last eight in the Europa League. Still can't win a derby. Some sad and bitter departures, though. Adan's slipped from first choice keeper to third after a terrifying display of age catching up with him. Coelho's now numero uno with Marchetti proving a grand deputy. Cauiby's away after a few years. It's age and competition against him. More troublingly, our bright Bulgarian left-back decided not to renew his contract. Opting to go to Bologna.

Finally, Sebastien Rode. Retiring at the 'no age to retire' of 31, he donned the captains armband for one last time and played out of his skin. With not much in the market, I'm back on the youth kids and a bizarre Everton clique is developing. Leon Osman now rejoins Mike Arteta, Sylvain Distin and Steven Pienaar. Distin can move now but he sure can't defend. Gary Cahill in as a safety net. And Gabby Agbonlahor cos there's sod all wingers in the market.

Yevrah
03-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Watching the Euros has got me hankering for a football game. I'm buggered if I'm buying FIFA, but I hear this is quite good and has the European Championship 2016 game chucked in with it.

Couple of questions:

Does the Euro 2016 thing include the qualifiers and can I still get an option file for this for use with my XBox One? I can't stand the fake names and badges.

Ta muchly.

Shindig
03-07-2016, 08:52 PM
The Xbox One version doesn't have the image import stuff the PS4 version has, so you have to edit stuff manually with the ingame editor. The Euro 2016 stuff has kits for 14 of the 24 teams and it only covers the finals tournament.

Yevrah
03-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Cheers Shinners, it's only £24 on the XB1 store, so I've given it a whirl.

wullie
04-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Only the Stade de France in it I heard, which is a bit of an additional letdown.

Shindig
04-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Yeah, although one of the perennial fake ones is a Stade Gerland-a-like. I'm surprised how deep Konami went with it, considering it was just a free patch.

Yevrah
06-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Yeah, this is so much better than FIFA.

A shame the option files are borked for XBOX One, particularly given the classic players now don't even look like their real life counterparts. I found a thread detailing how to change each one's appearance in the editor, but it's missing Owen and Shearer. :moop:

Any links to any Xbox One updating yourself based content would be much appreciated.

Andrew
06-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Have a look through wenb or pesgaming might be something for x box option files on there.

Shindig
24-08-2016, 08:39 PM
In case you've missed it, PES 2017's demo is out.

Teams
Arsenal
Atletico Mardid
Barcelona
Boca Juniors
Corinthians
Flamengo
France
Germany

Stadia
Nou Camp
Neu Sonne Arena (I think it's a fake one but it's heavily branded in a way that makes me uncomfortable)

Played a couple of games and it's become apparent they've reversed the colour of form arrows. Very confusing. Plays alright, though. Like last year's but they've given first-touch more of a focus... apparently. Full game comes out September 13th.

Danny
24-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Are they gonna have 'proper' option files this year?

Tempted if they do.

Since you never answered when I asked in the FIFA thread ;)

Shindig
25-08-2016, 06:54 AM
All I've found is this. (http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2017-option-file-sharing-confirmed-for-ps4/) So... probably. Actually, it's probably a yes from that source.

wullie
25-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Option files are definite, but it's not clear yet whether it'll be an all-encompassing one that changes all the names etc in one go or a team file that changes names, kits and images for each team one-by-one. Ideally both.

Raoul Duke
25-08-2016, 06:44 PM
I don't know why they don't just go balls deep on letting it be modded to fuck. It would be better than FIFA (kinda).

Shindig
25-08-2016, 07:03 PM
The PC version gets that treatment but they get inferior graphics. I still reckon the consoles being always online comes with some obstacles. As does... y'know, grabbing licenses. I'd imagine having easy tools to fiddle with the teams and kits could put clubs off from signing deals.

Shindig
27-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Started scoring in this on my second session. Decided to pit everyone against Flamengo and see how that went. Messi salvaged a draw with Barca, Welbeck (Giroud is useless) scoring twice to give my first win and my second followed with an epic 4-0 collapse with Boca.

Defending remains unchanged with the big differences coming with regards to first touch. I kinda hate when developers fiddle with that because it can wind up feeling clumsy. This seems weighted decently to the player you're in control of, although it does seem to give the opposition the opportunity to close you down quicker. They battle possession back as well but you've now got force feedback of those type of scuffles. Crosses seem nicely vicious and I've sent a few inviting ones that just barely miss out. The player emotion stuff makes me wonder if form arrows are going to be the crutch they used to be, seeing as you could possibly play your way into decent form. I'm also going to be interested to see how the adaptive difficulty does. It's a game to game thing so you won't get people doubling-up on Tevez mid-match. At least they're doing something with the stats they collected during last year's Master League.

Looks like there's options for set piece routines, Nothing jumping out that's negative so far, beyond the stupid motion blur.

Mike
28-08-2016, 09:29 AM
My first demo goal

http://youtu.be/MXn3TmVQo48

Shindig
28-08-2016, 01:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So2cleudaJI

Last night's efforts.

John Arne
09-09-2016, 07:01 PM
PES 2017 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM2pXpxuKlc

Raoul Duke
09-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Some of that animation looks iffy as fuck. The players are sliding all over the place, like the pitch is glass.

Shindig
09-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Might pick this up if the review code doesn't come through. They've been good to us the last couple of years, mind. Surprised the team lists aren't out on youtube yet. Unless I'm looking in the wrong spots. They've focused more on team partnerships rather than acquiring new leagues.

I don't mind the animation but it doesn't look great when there's this constant motion blur in effect.

EDIT: Played some more of the demo. Germany v Atletico in a series of tight draws and a narrow last-minute win. I'm already chalking up the how the players feel on this.

- Giroud. Wish he was never born. I'm fine with target men but Giroud adds nothing. Doesn't even seem to be in the right place at any time.
- Gomez. How a target should be done. Latches on to whatever you throw to him. If he goes wide like a nutter, it usually means Muller's in the middle. Dependable.
- Hummels. I hate Barca's high defensive line but Hummels and the rest of the defence make Germany's work.
- Ozil. An enigma. I'm not sure what you use him for. He's scrappy at getting possession back but gives it up in a heartbeat. Gotze's got more in his tank.
- Welbeck. Adds a lot more to Arsenal than Giroud and has a tidy finish on him.
- Tevez. I can't remember a time when he wasn't driving teams forward.
- Torres. Ghastly.
- Griezmann. The AI will use him constantly as an out, especially if you're playing as Corinthians or somebody with a narrow formation but he's hot and cold.

I'm seeing mistakes crop in like players slipping and keepers making hurried clearances. That stuff is nice but I've yet to figure out how to properly use pace against Superstar AI. Its making me not want to ride my luck at times.

Danny
10-09-2016, 05:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBFX3vK332Q

https://twitter.com/faisalezran/status/774248079025397760

One click update :drool:

Raoul Duke
10-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Nice - that makes this a contender for purchase. Haven't played PES for years.

What's the single player career mode like? Is it still just Master League? Is the youth development any good?

Baz
10-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Where's this cheapest for PS4?

Baz
11-09-2016, 04:27 PM

Can't wait to play as BORUNMOUTH and WEST BROMWITH ALBION.

Shindig
14-09-2016, 09:33 PM
2 hours with it tonight. It's maybe a touch more slowed down in the retail version but then it might just depend who you're playing. Still having plenty of joy from crosses. If you're playing Regular, a decent delivery feels like a guaranteed goal. Glad to see the AI on Superstar closes you down quick and the amount of improvisation on show is great. Players stretching for efforts, trying bicycle kicks and I've even seen a dive.

Annoyingly, Anfield doesn't come part of the Liverpool licensing deal so they play at the not-Upton Park. St-Jakob's Park is in there, along with a fair few South American ones. The Amsterdam ArenA gets an impostor. Chile is the new league, I think. I can't recall it being in last year.

The soundtrack is bollocks. Ellie Goulding and Skrillex. Piss right out. The Barcelona partnership means most of the background images are of the Nou Camp. Plays well. Much like the last one but I'll see if this adaptive AI kicks in when I start up a Master League tomorrow. The motion-blur is still constant, though. That's either an aesthetic design choice, a way to hide animation transitions or both.

EDIT: Oh. Managers can now be transferred just like players. Nice enough touch. Arsenal have their kits and badge but Arsene doesn't get such treatment.

Danny
14-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Received this last night. Option file is out so the games looking really good. Just waiting on the transfer update and to really get cracking.

wullie
15-09-2016, 07:16 AM
I think Anfield is coming in one of those updates where they also add a load of faces and a handful of teams you'll never play.

Shindig
15-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Ah, they did something like that last year. Struggling to get wins on Superstar but I'm starting to see the adaptive AI stuff. It seems to pick things up quick like how I was trying to use the left flank a lot so they'd double up on Lazaar. I hate how everyone in Italy plays a flat four in midfield with three at the back, mind. I'd like some full-backs, ta.

Master League looks the same as last year, although the menus have been given a revamp. The first transfer update should hit today. Its definitely got that punishing feeling you get when you don't put your chances away. My last two games were narrow defeats thanks to injury time corners. Actually, Master League gets a little weird as you can play as the Other European / South American / Asian teams. They'll slot you in the spare fake league of that continent. Also, La Liga's license has gone so they've swapped that out for Chile's league. You can offer new contracts to your players at any time, too.

Disco
15-09-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm going to assume no-one here is silly enough to get this on pc, that version could be rather inferior so don't bother.

John
15-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Wasn't keen on the gameplay videos I've seen of the new FIFA so I downloaded the demo for this. Fuck me, it's abysmal. No wonder EA has been getting away with making the same game every year.

Disco
15-09-2016, 12:47 PM
FucKonami is a thing for quite a good reason.

John
15-09-2016, 12:58 PM
I thought that was about binning Silent Hills and Kojima. Is there more to it?

Baz
15-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Wasn't keen on the gameplay videos I've seen of the new FIFA so I downloaded the demo for this. Fuck me, it's abysmal. No wonder EA has been getting away with making the same game every year.What didn't you like about PES2017?

John
15-09-2016, 04:03 PM
What didn't you like about PES2017?

It's slow, the animation is jerky and rarely seems to match what the ball is doing, tackling is either unresponsive or you can win the ball from six yards away with nothing in between, passing is limited, and shooting is far too easy. Crossing is better than on FIFA so that's a point in its favour, but in general it just plays a really terrible game of football

The player attributes are stupid too but that's always been a problem with Pro Evo.

John Arne
15-09-2016, 04:45 PM
I always play Pro Evo on the +1 speed setting. Try it, I think it helps a lot.

Shindig
15-09-2016, 07:39 PM
FucKonami is a thing for quite a good reason.

I'm down with PES Productions though because it's British-based under British employment laws. We only deal with those weird numbered Konami employees when they want us to put something out about MyClub. I'm of the opinion Kojima deserved the hurry-up but the subsequent lockdown was very rough. And I've never understood the complaint about football games being too slow. At least in a modern context. They're usually as slow as you make them.

The player attributes are stupid too but that's always been a problem with Pro Evo.

Oh. Wow. That Celtic win really did hit you hard.

John
15-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Oh. Wow. That Celtic win really did hit you hard.

Interesting that you haven't actually disagreed.

Boydy
15-09-2016, 09:08 PM
I tried both of last year's games and thought Pro Evo was far superior. FIFA doesn't feel like a proper game of football at all.

Shindig
15-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Interesting that you haven't actually disagreed.

I have, (http://www.playstationcountry.com/pro-evolution-soccer-2017-ps4-review/)

randomlegend
15-09-2016, 11:55 PM
Not a bad comeback.

Yevrah
16-09-2016, 12:54 AM
If a touch pretentious.

John
16-09-2016, 01:04 AM
Nope. That review doesn't disagree with the part of my post he quoted. So not a good comeback at all.

Shindig
16-09-2016, 06:40 AM

+ Players retain that feeling of all offering different threats and talents.

And don't argue the toss that it's not apples to apples. I've already said on this thread about how Giroud is a useless beanpole, Ozil can't take a tackle and so on. As for your other complaints, there's videos I could direct you to for footage of people successfully tackling, shooting and passing but whatever. I gather you've been on the FIFA side of the fence for the best part of a decade at least. Switching requires actual adjustment, instead of playing a couple of games and going, "OCK, FUCK THAZSS!" And if you think shooting's too easy, step away from Regular.

Baz
16-09-2016, 07:17 AM
Wasn't expecting that. I mean usually "that's not a good comeback" is the end of playground scuffles.

John
16-09-2016, 12:06 PM
And don't argue the toss that it's not apples to apples. I've already said on this thread about how Giroud is a useless beanpole, Ozil can't take a tackle and so on. As for your other complaints, there's videos I could direct you to for footage of people successfully tackling, shooting and passing but whatever. I gather you've been on the FIFA side of the fence for the best part of a decade at least. Switching requires actual adjustment, instead of playing a couple of games and going, "OCK, FUCK THAZSS!" And if you think shooting's too easy, step away from Regular.

I mean the attributes themselves. Positioning is called 'attacking prowess' and 'defensive prowess', acceleration is 'explosive power', etc. The attribute names suggest that they mean something other than what they actually do. And 'ball winning' is a shitty stat, because it means that standing tackles, sliding tackles, shoulder tackles, interceptions, etc. are all covered by one stat when really they're different skills.

I couldn't give a toss what other people are getting up to on it. I posted my thoughts on how it plays, based on about fifteen games on the demo of which five were against a mate.

I've been 'on the FIFA side of the fence' (what a pathetic notion) since the 2011 editions, but I had both games that year. So not even close to a decade.

It's comforting to note that you're still a chippy arsehole when someone disagrees with you though.

Baz
16-09-2016, 03:40 PM
I like the combined abilities on PES. Like "intercepting" is based on a formula involving defensive prowess, acceleration and ball winning.

Shindig
16-09-2016, 07:19 PM
It's comforting to note that you're still a chippy arsehole when someone disagrees with you though.

Well, that's me told.

Shindig
17-09-2016, 04:14 PM
I've picked my option file and it's in, after a bit of a fiddle. It's not as simple as those videos made it look. The game can't handle that much data going across so booted me back to the XMB twice. Do it in stages, guys. Save your edit data after each bit and then you've got no worries.

All I'm missing now are the other European sides, Serie B kits (I might just edit something simple together rather than import the images) and I might just slap some real names on the Asian and South American teams. Although with the latter, there's probably a league patch to settle that. Mexico or somebody. Much less painful than the last couple of years. Means I can crack on with my toon Master League.

Baz
20-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Apparently you can pick it up on PS4 and Xbox One for £26 in Tesco.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pro-evolution-soccer-2017-pes-ps4-xbox-one-26-tesco-instore-2514420

Might say £42 on the shelf but scans at £26.

Shindig
21-09-2016, 03:08 PM
I need to really get smarter at this. I've struggled with Newcastle in the second tier. We seem decent going forward but don't put our chances away. At the back, we're defensively sound unless we concede early. Then we collapse.

Shindig
22-10-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm still terrible at this. I tried a dummy run with the defaults last week and thought, "Aye, this is manageable." Had a couple of goalless draws in that run. Lo and behond, this week I start the serious run with a 0-5 battering at Birmingham and then get demolished by Brentford and Bristol.

I was alright at this during the review phase but, as soon as I commit to a league campaign, it goes south. Doesn't help that it's all "First touch this" and "physics that."

Baz
22-10-2016, 06:00 PM
I play fixed on 75-rated 16-year-old Dirk Kuijt [sic] on our three-player Master League. Last season I was LWF but now Son Heung-Min has finished his loan spell, this season I'm RWF.

We put legends on thinking we could get Robbie Fowler but apparently you need to unlock him in My Club first, so that was dumb. Means we had Bebeto (LOBATO) come through the youth team and we've loaned Kanu (can't remember his name) off Real Madrid, but he's only sub despite him being our highest rated cos his icon on the tactic pitch doesn't have his face.

Team so far is:
T Howard

D Srna
D Agger
W Samuel
C Brunt

Ozturk (not a regen)
K Kallstrom
D Kuyt
G Deulofeu (loan)

Bebeto
M Rashford (loan)

Kikó
01-11-2016, 08:39 PM
I've just bought 2017 version. Is this still the best game ever?

Shindig
01-11-2016, 09:33 PM
'Yeah'. Although I haven't figured the AI out.

Kikó
02-11-2016, 07:32 AM
And an option file to go from man red to united on the Xbox, possible or all manual?

I had a few games last night against the b.i.l and it's fun. I haven't played a football game since FIFA 11 and pes since 07. Going to stop having a life and get into it the next week or so.

Shindig
02-11-2016, 09:05 AM
How to get real club names, competitions and kits in PES 2017 on Xbox One

Sadly for Xbox One owners, there's no word on the above feature coming to the console. Rather than being able to simply import externally created files from a USB drive, Xbox One players will instead need to manually edit the teams, kits, and competitions in-game.

Fortunately, PES 2017 does at least include a pretty comprehensive editor built into the game. Head to the Edit option again, and there you'll find the options to manually change things like team names - we've compiled a list of real team names to save you some time - along with competition names, kit colours (although not sponsors and logos), and more.

Shit outta luck.

Danny
02-11-2016, 09:46 AM
If I had the xbone I wouldn't have made the switch this year. Being able to import makes such a difference

Shindig
02-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Or any year. Microsoft do not like giving software that kind of access. Unless it's Bethesda.

Kikó
02-11-2016, 09:55 AM
It was £11 cheaper though bae :'(

Baz
02-11-2016, 06:46 PM
I've just bought 2017 version. Is this still the best game ever?If you wanna watch three pro's in action right now you can have a look here:

http://twitch.tv/mikeakehurst

:baz:

Shindig
05-11-2016, 10:36 PM
I finally found a team I like. Unfortunately, it's Sunderland. :moop:

Samadini
06-11-2016, 11:37 PM
I've just bought 2017 version. Is this still the best game ever?

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/juxa.mp4?token=1479684159_ea79cbd4bf7f0192512065e1 9a70698019b091aa

Shindig
09-11-2016, 09:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVhbDNXcK-M

Figured I'd put this up. Possession as fuck, lads. The Hull match is second on. It's a thriller.

Kikó
10-11-2016, 09:13 PM
https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/juxa.mp4?token=1479684159_ea79cbd4bf7f0192512065e1 9a70698019b091aa

:D dots

Shindig
27-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Played some games with Napoli yesterday. They seem fun to play with. Strong down the middle and out wide. Gabbiadini's a great target until the AI marks him out of it.

Shindig
15-01-2017, 12:26 PM
I'm done. Decided to see if playing as Barca would ease my troubles. 0-1, 0-0 in the Spanish Super Cup. Two goals disallowed for offside, hit the woodwork twice and had three cleared off the line. In our first league game we concede FOUR early goals because conceding one early goal invariably leads to that.

I'm astonished.

Baz
15-01-2017, 03:12 PM
90% of our ML games are 0-0 these days. So dull.

The Reid's gone fixed on 77-rated Rooney (and I'm still fixed on 90-rated Kuyt) so Mike's everyone else. Rooney is the pits though, desperately needs his boost.

Just had Zlatan's testimonial though so we'll be getting a 16 year old monster in January. :drool: Although Rooney came through at 17 for some reason.

Shindig
15-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Dropped to Top Player and I'm finding it much more comfortable. Playing a league with Arsenal and we've dropped points to Bournemouth, Palace and Chelsea but won a few. I'm trying not to be a cross merchant but the width is just too strong in that side. Welbeck is still boss.

Shindig
21-01-2017, 05:46 PM
One week on and Top Player does nothing for Newcastle. At best, you're grinding out draws or snatching one from the jaws of victory. I'm starting to think Chemistry has a huge sway and Newcastle simply has none of it. I will never play as them on this version again. They just cannot get going.

Decided to go with PSG for the sake of some SELF ESTEEM. Two wins already. Definitely more enjoyable in front of goal, even if the gaps on the pitch worry me with their 4-3-3. That was another thing with Newcastle: formation didn't seem to make a difference. Gayle was kinda useless and partnering him with Mitro didn't make any impact. Backs up how I feel about Chemistry having such a hold on things, really. PSG's at 70-75 whereas Newcastle, a motley crew of new signings, is 52-55.

Shindig
04-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Yup. Team Spirit is the single most important thing in this stupid game. This PSG side cannot string results together with a second string and we're playing twice a week now. Results also impact Team Spirit so you really find yourself rotting away unless you grab a lucky win. From 5 points clear to third in the space of a month. Eurgh. How big are the swings for this in FIFA?

Shindig
11-03-2017, 11:30 PM
An agonising session today. Decided to commit to a toon Master League. 10 games down. One win, Four defeats. Five draws. Plenty of possession but no end product til I switch to 4-4-2. Unfortunately, with that comes BIG RISK. Team Spirit began at 60. Closing the session out with a win brought it to 55.

Baz
12-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Kuyt's up to 98. :drool:

Shindig
14-03-2017, 04:20 PM
One league win in 15. God.

4 in 23. :cool: It definitely captures the drudge of a side unable to find any form. Things have improved slightly since I sold Shelvey (got no time for a midfielder who can't use his engine) and brought in two loan signing. Rabiot and Vietti. The former replaces Jonjo for six months whilst the latter acts as an attacking mid which we have no real round peg for.

Freshened up, at least. Gayle's probably next out as I need a target who can hold things up.

Baz
30-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Got Dirk Kuyt upto 100 overall rating on our three-player Master League!

We're not sure if it's possible to go higher. Looking forward to finding out though.

(I am fixed on Kuyt, The Reid is fixed on Rooney, Mike​​​​​​​ controls the rest.)

Shindig
30-03-2017, 08:51 PM
I've heard it's not as mad as PES 2013's 108 skill ceiling. Which is a shame because my Newcastle team was filled with them. I'll be wrapping up the first season with the disaster lads at the weekend. We're sitting at the dizzying heights of 4 points above the imaginary 2nd Division drop zone. Team Spirit is at 70 and players just seem to improve with time (unless they're Gouffran) so I could brute force this into working for me.

Shindig
02-04-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm already getting kinda sick of editing this so I'm glad I've only committed to showing one season. This one's longer because ... I .... well ... I've gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyqGCFONaU0

Finished the season yesterday and, well, I'm not sure how to feel on it. I discovered last night that they've kind of knackered contract dates up so contracts expire as the window is shutting. So sneaking some free transfers like every PES ever probably gets done in January. Also, great talent gets moved about to all sorts of places. Draxler transfer listed at Spurs, Kingsley Coman pissing about in the Midlands, etc...

Shindig
08-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Second season blues. Well, 3 defeats, two wins. At least it didn't take 20 matches for my first win. Brighton obliged and then Barnsley shat themselves to gift us five. Delph's looking a bit suspect for someone who boosts the NUMBERS by so much. 83 team strength. None of it matters.

Shindig
16-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Mid-table now. Feeling a lot more confident but the AI really likes to go after your players in the transfer market. Colback and Elliot are off. Might just raid the youthies. Fabianski's in as a third-choice keeper. Goals are coming from more sources. Usually Ritchie and Atsu can slot in whenever they're spare. Almost found our way into the quarter finals of the FA Cup but we blew a 3-1 lead in penalties. I've never understood how to take them.

Mike
16-04-2017, 06:57 PM

Things went well for St. Helens the last time we played.

leedsrevolution
17-04-2017, 11:24 AM
I was at play expo in Leeds yesterday and entered a PES competition. It was quite fun, round of 32 I was drawn against this Asian lad who was about 20 who was giving it the big un and I smashed him 4-0. Quarter final I was against this really sound bloke who was with his kid, deffo a tale of two defences which I won 5-3. Semis against some 10 year old kid who was suprisingly good, got into the final 2-1 after being a goal behind. Lost the final against some ginger teenager 3-1. All in all it was good and I won a copy of the game, pretty happy with that as I've never played PES before .

Shindig
17-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Enjoy it. I've went into MyClub now as it seems Master League (with this Newcastle squad, at least) has ran its course.

Shindig
23-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Dropping the AI down to Regular sheds some light on their universal tendencies. They're still good at dealing with crosses and charging long-ranged efforts down. They allow you more time on the ball but that pressure game is still there. Won my opening match with the defaults with the intention to bump it back to Superstar once the team is in place. I'm fascinated by what's going on under the hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymCY1a8IQjw

At the half-way stage, Disaster League finally gets decent to watch. Should have about six more episodes left of this. The editing is made more annoying by the youtube editor spazzing out when you present it with 30 second clips. As a result, I almost miss our last goal. Scoring more with the January loanees starting to make an impact. Rabiot. :cool:

Shindig
30-04-2017, 03:20 PM
After a month on Regular, I've bumped it to Professional. August was 5 straight wins (11-1 in goal difference) so I had to take it up a peg. I'm having tighter games but still winning with the defaults. 2 from 3 matches on it. Top, two points ahead of Villa. Also sold Hazeldine for £3m.

Also, there are freebies available at the offset. What a surprise. Maybe playing with the proper Newcastle squad cut me out of those deals. Mazzarini in who is good enough for the defaults but maybe not the usual Toon setup. I'll give it another month or two before deciding to move it up to Top Player. I do not want to run away with promotion and then bump the difficulty up. I'd rather build a team at that level, rather than scramble together a Premiership side on the rush.

Shindig
03-06-2017, 10:06 PM
I think I've cracked it. Started a new league (Superstar) in the Bundesliga with Schalke. Played 3, won 3. 4 scored, none conceded. Lots of possession, as usual but at least finishing feels better. In the last two I've hit the woodwork as well.

Shindig
13-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Well, it's fucked again. The season being over means the Live Updates have stopped. Lo and behold, this means a load of edited players are back to their default state. If they aren't licensed, their teams are knackered.

wullie
13-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Acceleration: 90
Pace: FOUR MILLION

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/874597217578893313

Shindig
13-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Awesome. Seriously. Sub him on for the last ten seconds.

Shindig
17-06-2017, 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGgNxN0rQYw

Lads. Random selection match. Last seen in PES6. Is there much hysteria for a scenario mode these days? 3 v 3's probably got the Akehursts giddy.

John Arne
21-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Looks nice. However, the ball still looks like it's floating whenever a player is doing a skill move (see the earlier video of Firmino).

Shindig
23-07-2017, 12:14 PM
The online beta is available until the end of this month. Had three matches so far with France. 1-0, 1-0, 0-0. I feel so damn smug when I switch flanks with a long ball. A couple of things:

1. Does the usual sports thing of feeling similar but different to the last game.
2. I think keepers have improved. Or at least they look like they're reacting to more getting thrown at them.
3. They switched to the old way of doing set-pieces. I can't remember how they work and, as a result, I've had a penalty saved already.
4. They now highlight the next player you'll switch to when out of possession.

It's about time someone did that. Seeing who the cursor's going to fall on allows you not to be blindsided by some curious AI deciding to pick a player nowhere near the opposition. As for the matchmaking, it's Konami. I get that this is testing out loads and stuff but it's not exactly quick about getting you into games. And I'm still trying to go down the flanks too much. Two years of being trained that way, sadly.

Mike
26-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Me, Baz and The Reid have been on this all night, we've only lost one. We've pretty much been training for this 3v3 mode the whole time we've played PES together (since pro evo 4)

Shindig
26-07-2017, 08:50 PM
I just love that two week period where everyone's finding their feet. Scruffing my way to 1-0 wins with Giroud tap-ins before everybody gets good at this.

Mike
26-07-2017, 09:09 PM
We thumped a few people, out highest scoring was a 5-2. We lost two all night? One was fell apart and I think it was 4-1. We lost our very last game of the night 2-0 too, was a thriller, 1-0 for ages and went to 2 in like the 89th minute.

Baz
16-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Dirk Kuyt might get to 104 overall rating tonight. :cool:

Watch it happen: http://twitch.tv/mikeakehurst

Mike
17-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Myself, Baz and The Reid have hung up our PES 2017 boots and are having a break before 2018. Here's a few highlights we saved of our impressive Master League run with St Helens, and as posted above, Dirk did get to 104!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Nt7OK3NKQ

Baz
17-08-2017, 05:32 PM
http://www.currybet.net/images/articles/2009/memory_marathon/i_am_one_of_the_104.jpg

Shindig
09-09-2017, 05:16 PM
New'ns out Tuesday. Online goes up Wednesday. FANKS, KONAMI.

Shindig
13-06-2018, 09:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSfko2Ps9oY

Okay, they're losing the UEFA license to FIFA but they have grabbed The Belgium, Russian, Danish and Portuguese league licenses. AND THE SPL. And the Swiss top flight. Argentinian and Brazilian leagues fully licensed as well.

I am excited. Seriously. I like seeing the likes of Brondby, Antwerp and Young Boys getting licensed treatment. This might not be the last Pro Evo.

Baz
14-06-2018, 08:03 AM
We’ve sacked it off for FIFA World Cup.