PDA

View Full Version : Film Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

SvN
15-10-2018, 03:58 PM
I decided to have the day off today, and watched three films.

First up was Eighth Grade. I had high hopes for this, and while I did enjoy it, it didn't live up the the hype in my opinion. Probably my fault for expecting more. I thought Lady Bird was much better, even though I get they're very different films. It was a solid 7/10 I thought.

Secondly, I watched Three Identical Strangers. This was another one I had high hopes for, and I thought it was great. I didn't have a clue what it was about going in, which is the right way to watch it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it's definitely worth a watch.

Finally, I just watched Halloween 5 - The Revenge of Michael Myers. I think "lol" would be sufficient as a review, but I'll expand a bit. Probably down there with the worst few films I've ever seen. The entire series is obviously absurd, but this takes the piss. There's so many parts of the film that are laughable. There's the entire premise that Myers was in a coma for an entire year just lying in some guy's cabin(?!?) who he then kills, the comedy cop duo who serve no purpose at all, but seem to have their own theme tune, the telepathic link bullshit - I could go on for a long time.

But with that said, my favourite moment has to be near the end where Myers is battering a police officer, while his colleague can hear it all over the radio. So what does his colleague do? Rush to his aid? Call for backup? Nope, he just looks confused and repeats "Come in, <officer name>" over and over into the radio. Then eventually gives up.

1/10 would be generous. I hope 6 isn't this bad.

igor_balis
15-10-2018, 04:51 PM
I watched first man on Saturday. I thought it was alright. 7/10

Alan Shearer The 2nd
20-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Upgrade was banging.

Ian
20-10-2018, 11:14 PM
I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane right up until it went off the deep end.

John
26-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Lee Chang Dong's new film, Burning, is getting some stonking reviews. His previous film is one of the best of the last decade.

Pleb
12-11-2018, 05:55 PM
The official trailer for PokeMon: Detective Pikachu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM) dropped and now suddenly I'm a five year old kid again :drool: :cool:

Limoutsonik
12-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Right?That looked sensational!I am not going to flock to the cinemas to watch it but it sure looks intriguing.

Dan
12-11-2018, 07:21 PM
I have an Unlimited card so of course I'll be seeing that if it comes my way. Ryan Reynolds as the voice of Pikachu feels weird though - I keep getting Deadpool vibes :D

Baz
12-11-2018, 08:08 PM
The official trailer for PokeMon: Detective Pikachu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM) dropped and now suddenly I'm a five year old kid again :drool: :cool:

I probably laughed about four times at the trailer alone. :D

leedsrevolution
13-11-2018, 07:17 AM
The Ryan Reynolds circle jerk these days pisses me off. I proper hate the guy.

Foe
13-11-2018, 08:38 AM
wonder was a bit of an odd one. I really should've loved it, the way it was structured is great. Just felt like it was missing something though to make it really great. Good film no doubt.

phonics
13-11-2018, 10:16 AM
The Pokemon movie looks very good. I hadn't thought that Jigglypuff is furry and it looks creepy.

Baz
13-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Of course it's furry; it's pink fluff.

igor_balis
13-11-2018, 10:51 PM
I watched Cold War (Zimna wojna) tonight, a Polish film. It's quite good. Stylistically it's great; it's absolutely beautiful, and I like how bleak and sparse it is, but I personally felt the plot shat the bed a bit in the last 30 minutes or so. The film ends with the two main characters topping themselves, and rather than it being a particularly dramatic or moving scene, i sorta rolled my eyes and thought it was a bit stupid, and my mate turned to me, laughed, and said THEY FUCKING KILLED THEMSELVES, FUCK SAKE WHAT A STUPID ENDING as soon as the credits started rolling, which isn't exactly a glowing endorsement. Critics seemed to absolutely love it, but then they bloody would wouldn't they.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-11-2018, 11:00 PM
The ending meant perfect sense to me.

They loved each other and throughout their life they've always been pushed apart. Sometimes through their own stupidity/stubbornness/whatever or through other people/events. He went to Poland again to try and get her back, but got arrested and had his hands caved in due to be a deserter and she had to marry the pervert that runs the folk dance group and have his child, that was like the ultimate blockade. They couldn't get back together as the pervert would have just had him locked up again/murdered.

They sort of got married and then ended it all so they could finally be together with nothing getting in their way (other than death ofc).

They'd rather be together in death than apart alive.

Kulig though :drool:

igor_balis
13-11-2018, 11:23 PM
The ending meant perfect sense to me.

They loved each other and throughout their life they've always been pushed apart. Sometimes through their own stupidity/stubbornness/whatever or through other people/events. He went to Poland again to try and get her back, but got arrested and had his hands caved in due to be a deserter and she had to marry the pervert that runs the folk dance group and have his child, that was like the ultimate blockade. They couldn't get back together as the pervert would have just had him locked up again/murdered.

They sort of got married and then ended it all so they could finally be together with nothing getting in their way (other than death ofc).

They'd rather be together in death than apart alive.

Kulig though :drool:

Yeah she was stunning.

Yaaah I get ya, and I don't think it doesn't make sense per se. It's hard to explain, but I guess I felt like the film hadn't done enough to make me actually care about the relationship. On one hand I loved how gritty and realistic it was, and they didn't really go hollywood on it at all, it was warts and all, but to me it crossed the line to being "actually this is just a really dysfunctional relationship and the only thing that seems to motivate you to be together is the fact you CAN'T be together" If they'd been free to pursue their relationship in a place they both wanted to be, they'd have broken up in 12 months. Besides shirley they could have just fled to France again or something. But that's just my immediate thoughts, I'll sleep on it .

Foe
14-11-2018, 09:18 PM
the greatest showman was pretty damned good.

That 22 yo mixed race girl with the difficult to pronounce name is lovely. :wub:

Baz
14-11-2018, 09:18 PM
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/MMCGMB/cannes-france-10th-may-2018-polish-actress-joanna-kulig-of-the-film-cold-war-poses-for-photos-during-the-premiere-red-carpet-of-cold-war-at-the-71st-cannes-international-film-festival-in-cannes-france-on-may-10-2018-the-71st-cannes-international-film-festival-is-held-from-may-8-to-may-19-credit-chen-yichenxinhuaalamy-live-news-MMCGMB.jpg

Stunning. :uhoh:

Pleb
14-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Shameful Lustage?

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Baz only likes 16 year olds.

Baz
15-11-2018, 08:32 AM
Baz only likes 16 year olds.
:wtf:

Lewis
18-11-2018, 08:33 PM
A Star is Born is seriously good. It does beg the question though why Lady Gaga has felt the need to bowl around like a twat and wear meat when she can sing like that.

Kikó
18-11-2018, 10:14 PM
Outlaw king is great.

phonics
19-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Fast 5. Still amazing.

Kikó
25-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Blackkklansman pretty good stuff.

phonics
26-11-2018, 10:20 AM
I can't believe that this Avatar sequel appears to be real. Has anything ever been so successful and left less of a cultural imprint?

Browning
26-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Aren’t they making about 6 of them but just dragging it out for some reason?

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-11-2018, 01:51 PM
They're filing two of them now.

Yevrah
26-11-2018, 09:44 PM
I can't believe that this Avatar sequel appears to be real. Has anything ever been so successful and left less of a cultural imprint?

That's an interesting question, you should start a thread.

I can't think of anything at all actually.

John
26-11-2018, 10:02 PM
We had that conversation years ago, when the sequels were first announced. I think it was Ital who posed the question then.

The answer is no, because nothing has ever been that successful regardless of its cultural impact. It's the highest grossing film of all time, and pretty comfortably so.

The lack of a cultural footprint will show in the box office for the sequel though, I reckon. If it hits middling Marvel numbers they'll be lucky, and there's no chance they actually make six of them.

Lewis
26-11-2018, 10:13 PM
I don't know. Remember those 'Avatar Depression' people who saw it and then couldn't cope with their boring lives? There was that mad forum thread of them all buying fish tanks and getting into that lucid dream shit.

Shindig
26-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Has Cameron done anything since then? You could market anything as "From the makers of..." and have better numbers than an Avatar sequel.

John
26-11-2018, 10:27 PM
I don't know. Remember those 'Avatar Depression' people who saw it and then couldn't cope with their boring lives? There was that mad forum thread of them all buying fish tanks and getting into that lucid dream shit.

If all three hundred of those whoppers see it a couple of thousand times each maybe it'll be in with a shout.

Lewis
26-11-2018, 10:28 PM
They probably did.

John
26-11-2018, 10:30 PM
I mean the sequel.

Lewis
26-11-2018, 10:35 PM
They probably will.

Baz
27-11-2018, 08:23 AM
I don't know. Remember those 'Avatar Depression' people who saw it and then couldn't cope with their boring lives? There was that mad forum thread of them all buying fish tanks and getting into that lucid dream shit.At least we acquired igor from that particular forum invasion.

igor_balis
04-12-2018, 10:35 PM
At least we acquired igor from that particular forum invasion.

:D fuck you

I went to see a CINEWORLD SECRET SCREENING tonight, for mugs like me who've got an unlimited card. You book the seat, but you don't know what the film is until it starts.

It was Green Book, an odd couple road trip movie, essentially. It was schmaltzy Hollywood bullshit, but really good schmaltzy Hollywood bullshit. Solid 7.5/10.

SvN
04-12-2018, 10:45 PM
I did one of those before and it was "Now You See Me". I felt completely conned.

igor_balis
12-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Seen a few good ones recently.

Shoplifters, a Japanese film by Kore-eda and Wildlife, a not-Japanese film with Jake Gyllenhaal and Carey Mulligan I'll group together cus they're both slow, character-driven films where not a lot really happens, so obviously I absolutely loved them. Shoplifters is more interesting and less po-faced, but both are crackers.

Sorry to Bother You is fucking nuts but also great. I like films that focus in on one theme, genre, event etc and basically spend a couple of hours trying to properly distill the very essence of that small thing, StBY basically does the opposite. It veers from gritty social realism to batshit fantasy to sci-fi to slapstick comedy to fucking loads of mad shit. It's like the director has taken a load of cinematic techniques and just thrown them all into the film. It's very self-aware and there's a few little wink wink nudge nudge moments but it never gets to Vince Russo I'M SHOOTING BRO levels, so doesn't get in the way of the film. Everyone should go watch it.

Foe
14-12-2018, 09:21 PM
the post was really disappointing.

Shame.

Just a bit too dull.

Giggles
14-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Rocky 3 is on :cool:

Giggles
14-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Training montage :drool:

Giggles
15-12-2018, 12:30 AM
Had to keep going.

Hearts on fiiiiire, strong desiiiiire, rages deep withiiiiiiiiiiiiin :)

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Had to keep going.

Hearts on fiiiiire, strong desiiiiire, rages deep withiiiiiiiiiiiiin :)

By far the best song in the film series.

Lewis
20-12-2018, 09:51 PM
I watched that Justice League film earlier, and it really is wank. To say it cost a million billion quid as well, the effects all looked a bit fifteen years old, and the colouring makes it look like some made for TV film. Why is that?

John
20-12-2018, 10:16 PM
The only good thing is Icky Thump playing, which is a great song.

phonics
28-12-2018, 09:16 PM
There’s something on syfy right now. It’s fucking awful.

Edit: GI joe 2009 apparently.

phonics
28-12-2018, 09:40 PM
This might be the worst film I’ve seen since Battlefield Earth. I think I could watch it on mute and both understand the same amount of ‘plot’ and enjoy it more.

igor_balis
28-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Anyone seen The Station Agent?

Tom McCarthy (Spotlight) wrote and directed it. I absolutely loved it, but not sure how universal it would be.

Boydy
28-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I remember really liking that when I saw it.

igor_balis
28-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I remember really liking that when I saw it.

you're exactly the kind of person I assumed would like it.

phonics
28-12-2018, 11:58 PM
I watched Burn After Reading and much like every other piece of Coen Brothers I’ve seen, I can’t tell if it was good or not. Brad Pitt was top notch as was any scene involving the two head CIA people but that’s just JK Simmons being a boss like he is in everything I’ve ever seen him in.

Dan
29-12-2018, 12:10 AM
I'm glad someone else feels that way about Coen Brothers films. BAR & Hail Caesar are both in that category for me, and having just Googled other films they've been involved in, Suburbicon would probably be there too. Unbroken & Bridge of Spies are two of the ones that came up which I can actually say I liked, but that's about it. Can't even remember whether I've seen most of the other big ones or not.

I should probably watch No Country For Old Men, huh?

igor_balis
29-12-2018, 12:26 AM
I fucking hated No Country for Old Men, but I just assumed it was my fault for being a div. Same reaction to Synecdoche, New York. I was about 16 when I watched them, though.

Boydy
29-12-2018, 12:32 AM
I fucking hated No Country for Old Men, but I just assumed it was my fault for being a div. Same reaction to Synecdoche, New York. I was about 16 when I watched them, though.

I hated No Country for Old Men too.

Synecdoche, New York was great though.

+1 for not giving a shit about the Coens. Not sure there's any of their films I've really liked all that much.

phonics
29-12-2018, 12:56 AM
They’re incredibly well put together, produced visual pieces but at the end of the day they all seem to be an extended Seinfeld episode. Movies about nothing.

phonics
29-12-2018, 12:58 AM
I’ve just seen the Bobby Robson documentary is on Netflix over here. Going to have a bang on that. I almost burst into tears at the trailer.

Jimmy Floyd
29-12-2018, 02:11 AM
I watched Burn After Reading and much like every other piece of Coen Brothers I’ve seen, I can’t tell if it was good or not. Brad Pitt was top notch as was any scene involving the two head CIA people but that’s just JK Simmons being a boss like he is in everything I’ve ever seen him in.

I watched it the other day. I love the Coens, it was good but not their best. As you say I think it's the best I've seen Brad Pitt be in anything.

I've not found anything to top O Brother, Where Are Thou but I still have a few of theirs to see including Fargo somehow.

Manc
29-12-2018, 10:37 AM
I’ve just seen the Bobby Robson documentary is on Netflix over here. Going to have a bang on that. I almost burst into tears at the trailer.

Really well put together doc. The tears will definitely flow

On the topic of Coen Brothers NCFOM is brilliant. I enjoyed Hail Cesar and Burn After Reading. Yet to see Fargo and TBL. Spoon?

Foe
29-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Have you watched the tv series Fargo?

Basically the same as series 1. Good film, mind.

Manc
29-12-2018, 01:11 PM
That's precisely the reason I've yet to watch the film. Love the series. Thought the third season was a little weak.

Dark Soldier
29-12-2018, 11:14 PM
Screener season begins

Green.Book.2018.DVDScr.Xvid.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
Ralph Breaks the Internet.2018.DVDSCR.XviD.AC3-EVO

Ian
29-12-2018, 11:21 PM
I'm watching Dog Soldiers. Still exactly my sort of shlocky nonsense.

SincereTheRebel
31-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Ive heard there is some movie that is interactive called Black Widow. Anyone watched/played it? I used to read the Goosebumps books they did ssomething similar and Farenheist and Heavy Rain where interesting games

SvN
31-12-2018, 01:08 PM
It's Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

I thought it was brilliant, but it's received mixed reviews, especially from Black Mirror die hards.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Ive heard there is some movie that is interactive called Black Widow. Anyone watched/played it? I used to read the Goosebumps books they did ssomething similar and Farenheist and Heavy Rain where interesting games

Those Goosebumps books were so good.

I loved the one in the laboratory with the chimp.

phonics
31-12-2018, 02:54 PM
I watched the wickerman (the original) last night. What an odd little film.

SvN
31-12-2018, 05:06 PM
It's incredible. One of the best horror films of all time.

phonics
31-12-2018, 05:20 PM
My aunts boyfriend who watched it was so scarred by it he left the living room. I didn’t understand the idea of it being scary.

Baz
31-12-2018, 07:52 PM
What’s all this fuss about Bird Box then?

Oh and what screeners are out Dark Soldier?

Foe
01-01-2019, 06:52 PM
I, Tonya was absolutely wild and I loved it. Great film. Had heard some about the background previously but really enjoyed the way the film was played out. Mental.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Just watched Into Darkness again. Thought it much better than first time round.

Kikó
01-01-2019, 08:43 PM
I watched AXL the other day. A Netflix film sort of trying to be transformers but without any of the storyline. Can easily say it's the worst film ever without a single redeeming feature.

Dan
01-01-2019, 08:59 PM

Dunno. Just watched it & thought it was alright, but nothing worth all the talk.

Manc
01-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Bandersnatch is a great idea poorly executed.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
01-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Bandersnatch is a great idea poorly executed.

I wonder if people who have never played games along those lines (The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead etc.) found it more of a novelty?

Got tedious for me going back to the same fork in the road and the story wasn't exactly interesting in the first place.

Ian
01-01-2019, 09:46 PM
I watched War for the Planet of the Apes and thought it was smashing.

Manc
01-01-2019, 10:16 PM
Bird Box - Imagine M Night Shyamalan's worst film starring Cyrus The Virus.

Dark Soldier
01-01-2019, 11:58 PM

Oh and what screeners are out Dark Soldier?

Just the new Wreck It Ralph and Green Book so far.

Alex Ferguson
04-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Watched The Favourite on Tuesday. Really enjoyed it.

Dan
04-01-2019, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I've just got back from watching it & also enjoyed it. We watched Colette yesterday as well, and that was very good. Between those two, Tulip Fever (out a month or two back) & Mary Queen of Scots (out shortly), there's a nice run on period movies at the minute.

The trailer for Beautiful Boy came on tonight & I forgot it still wasn't out as I saw it at an Unlimited screening weeks ago - I'd recommend that when it's actually out, and we're going to see Welcome to Marwen next week, which sounds good too. Steve Carell :cool:

igor_balis
06-01-2019, 12:28 AM
yeah +1 for the favourite, watched and really enjoyed it today.

but in fairness I'm still buzzing over how amazing all the president's men was, having watched it a few weeks ago. anyone got any suggestions for similar kinda films?

SincereTheRebel
06-01-2019, 11:44 AM
It took six months but I finally watched Avengers - Infinity War last night

I thought the comedy efforts where awful. That's the second Marvel movie Ive watched recently (Black Panther) where they try and add funny comedy elements to it. I don't think it. That Thanos is a pure beast. I always root for the villain in all movies I watch so when he finally snapped his fingers and those super heroes starting dropping one by one. That whole scene was superb.

I really need to educate myself on all the super hero's.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
06-01-2019, 12:19 PM
I watched Doctor Strange, which is supposed to be one of the better ones, and it really wasn't that great, ok at best.

Glad I've not bothered investing too much time in the Marvel stuff.

SvN
06-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I just can't get on board the Marvel hype train. They're alright, and when I sit down to watch one it's a decent way of spending 2 hours, but I don't get excited about them. I've been trying to catch up ready to watch Infinity War for about 3 months, but I always end up watching something else instead of one of the Marvel films.

The nerds in my office were going absolutely mental for Thor Ragnarok when it came out. They said something along the lines of "Even if you don't like Marvel films, you'll absolutely LOVE this because it's amazing!". I watched it a few weeks ago, and yeah it's alright, but it's just like the others.

Lewis
06-01-2019, 12:58 PM
I do like Marvel films, but that one was one of their crapper efforts.

Baz
06-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Spider-Man Homecoming is the only good one I’ve seen.

SincereTheRebel
06-01-2019, 01:01 PM
I skipped all the bullshit. Ive watched iron man 1, black panther and infinity war. Ive got little energy to watch anymore.

Ian
06-01-2019, 01:33 PM
I always root for the villain in all movies I watch

What, regardless? Just on principle?

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 02:06 PM
I love villain characters, I don't root for them but I do think that they're so much more developed and interesting than heroes.

SincereTheRebel
06-01-2019, 02:20 PM
What, regardless? Just on principle?

I don't understand what you mean. Isnt the statement the same.

I always want the villain to win. Way more fascinating.

John
06-01-2019, 02:20 PM
The villains have been the biggest problem with the Marvel films. They tend to be one note, destroy/rule the world types, with only their outfits and methods to distinguish them. The only Marvel villains who've had even cursory development have been Thanos and Loki.

The villains were the best part of the Nolan films, although that's not hard as Batman is the least interesting character in everything he's in.

Manc
06-01-2019, 03:09 PM
Marvel is complete toss.

Adamski
06-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I just can't get on board the Marvel hype train. They're alright, and when I sit down to watch one it's a decent way of spending 2 hours, but I don't get excited about them. I've been trying to catch up ready to watch Infinity War for about 3 months, but I always end up watching something else instead of one of the Marvel films.

The nerds in my office were going absolutely mental for Thor Ragnarok when it came out. They said something along the lines of "Even if you don't like Marvel films, you'll absolutely LOVE this because it's amazing!". I watched it a few weeks ago, and yeah it's alright, but it's just like the others.

Yeah, this really. I watched Ant Man last night and Infinity War last week.

Ant Man was decent without being great. Infinity War was just mental, literally throwing characters together in random places, fighting other characters then going somewhere else. Not a clue what was going on really.

Ian
06-01-2019, 06:54 PM
I don't understand what you mean. Isnt the statement the same.

I always want the villain to win. Way more fascinating.

I don't get why it's any more or less interesting if you're just hoping for it to happen every time.

I'd also find it hard to root for the villain if he's a serial killer paedo or something but whatever floats your boat.

phonics
06-01-2019, 07:14 PM
I'd also find it hard to root for the villain if he's a serial killer paedo or something but whatever floats your boat.

Look he might be a serial rapist but have you seen that tire care?

Ian
06-01-2019, 07:54 PM
There's a point, what if the villain has vcrap tyres?

Foe
19-01-2019, 04:16 PM
guardians of the galaxy vol 2 was absolute shit.

Imdb have that at 7.7/10. Really?

Baby grut was the highlight but pretty poor plot.

Kikó
19-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Bird Box was decent enough.

Manc
20-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Loving. Beautiful film about a not so beautiful story.

Jimmy Floyd
21-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Watched 'The Imitation Game' last night and found it to be yet another historically-set awards-courter in which the central biographical performance was outstanding but the film itself was a load of complete wank. Why can't they bring themselves to write plausible scripts for these things?

igor_balis
21-01-2019, 06:31 PM
Seen a few recently.

FREE SOLO was brilliant, though having a couple of pints before was a terrible idea. Spent the last 30 minutes more focused on not pissing my pants.

STAN AND OLLIE today was okay, but not quite as good as the reviews made me think it'd be.

Tom McCarthy's WIN WIN was a lovely little film, would recommend.

Smjffy
21-01-2019, 07:30 PM
I thought Bird Box was all a bit shit. Banana and me went through a period last week watching what IDMB decided was the best films of 2018 and so far I've found Searching to be a cracker, it could be better in places but the idea was a good one.

The Freddie Mercury film though was brilliant and I've taken a right liking to Rami Malek as a result. I only first heard of him in Papillon (another great watch) but yeah, I like him.

Yevrah
21-01-2019, 07:58 PM
I quite liked Bird Box. It's not brilliant and they should have kept to the book's ending, but I thought it was well done and entertaining enough.

Kikó
21-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Have you read the book?

Dark Soldier
21-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Its an average book.

The Merse
24-01-2019, 01:35 AM
The Favourite is bloody good. I’m a fan of all three of the leading ladies, but Olivia Coleman steals the show as usual. The character arcs are well handled, it’s subtle where required and there’s mirth that rarely spills into belly laughs but is consistent. Well worth a fiver.

The Merse
24-01-2019, 01:38 AM
I quite liked Bird Box. It's not brilliant and they should have kept to the book's ending, but I thought it was well done and entertaining enough.

Agreed on the ending. I’ve not read it, but after watching the film I turned to the missus and described what I thought was going to be the ending based on the location etc, and she told me that it was what how the book ended.

As it is, it does feel a cop out.

Mazuuurk
24-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Someone describe the Book ending and how it's different?

I havent seen most of Bird Box but I watched the last 15 minutes or so.

The Merse
24-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Mazuuurk

To enter the sanctuary of the blind school they must blind themselves as those have done beforehand so they can’t be possessed by the monsters

Mazuuurk
24-01-2019, 03:00 PM
Mazuuurk

To enter the sanctuary of the blind school they must blind themselves as those have done beforehand so they can’t be possessed by the monsters

Cheers, and do they?

Nick
24-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Anyone got a seedbox? Or can recommend a decent one? PM if that's more appropriate.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-01-2019, 06:59 PM
I recommend Ultraseedbox.

I won a month from a site a while back and then paid for half a year out of my own pocket.

Should really get back on, it was quality.

Shindig
24-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Sounds like there's going to be a Big Lebowski sequel. Because fuck Hollywood.

Lewis
24-01-2019, 08:48 PM
The Favourite is bloody good. I’m a fan of all three of the leading ladies, but Olivia Coleman steals the show as usual. The character arcs are well handled, it’s subtle where required and there’s mirth that rarely spills into belly laughs but is consistent. Well worth a fiver.

I thought this was really good as well, but I thought it could have done with a few lines of text at the start explaining the context. I knew who was who and what was what, but I wondered whether not knowing much about it might have made it less interesting.

Dark Soldier
24-01-2019, 08:50 PM
My viewing of The Favourite was good bants as it was half full of 60+ dried up old duffers who clearly thought they were getting a big screen Downton Abbey experience and who all left by the third uttered 'cunt'

Foe
26-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Watched a few good films this weekend.

Sully was so much better than I thought it would be. A really well put together flight film. Could've been a really dull documentary style thing but they way they cut it up was great.

Captain Fantastic was absolutely wonderful too. Annoyed I've not watched it sooner. Really entertaining, quirky film.

Also rewatched the final Harry Potter and crazy stupid love. Both are still great.

It's been a rainy weekend, and the fa cup is rubbish.

Manc
28-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Vice is tremendous.

Dan
28-01-2019, 02:34 PM
Seconded. A bit different to what I expected, but really good.

Longest after credit sequence of all time :naughty:

Manc
28-01-2019, 06:15 PM
One nice touch of many. Bale was brilliant.

Lewis
31-01-2019, 06:32 PM
Batman was good in it, but I thought Vice was a bit of a shitty mess.

Manc
31-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Did you rate The Big Short?

Lewis
31-01-2019, 08:07 PM
Yeah.

igor_balis
31-01-2019, 09:50 PM
FWIW the critics have been very indifferent about it.

Dark Soldier
07-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Climax feels like Noé's masterpiece. He incorporates the switch that he uses in I Stand Alone where the flow and tone of the entire film shifts after a clear 'alert' point, at which it becomes a descent into insanity, chaos and a study of degradation.

Outstanding performances all round and, as ever with his work, its a tough watch at multiple points. Quality choreography for the dance section too. Trippy, mesmeric cinema at its best.

At its heart, the latter half reminds me most of:

Mother's rapid fire ending section

What a fucking film.

Dark Soldier
09-02-2019, 09:57 PM
Burning joins Memories of Murder and Mother at the very very top of Asian drama/mysteries.

Absolutely outstanding slowburn of a movie with two strong central performances. That last hour is so, so tense.

Dark Soldier
10-02-2019, 08:50 PM
The Guilty - Outstanding Danish thriller/drama about a cop who, while under investigation, is stuck taking phones for Emergency dispatch. One particular call draws him in and it all unfolds from there. Filled with emotion, a cracking performance from Jakob Cedergren and fantastic writing. Real good way to spend 80 minutes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6742252/

Manc
10-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Is there anything hidden in the depths of Netflix that's worth a watch?

Dark Soldier
10-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Is there anything hidden in the depths of Netflix that's worth a watch?

Contratiempo if its still on there, aka The Invisible Guest.

Dark Soldier
11-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Border:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5501104/

A female customs officer with the capability to smell fear becomes intrigued by an odd fellow whilst her every day work leads her down a dark path. Its a highly original film, allowed to breathe by the director and cinematographer. Eva Melander's performance is extraordinary, completely morphed by prosthetics and carry an Ungodly weight on her shoulders.

Don't watch a trailer, don't read any reviews. Its unlike anything you've seen before.

On a side-note, I've now watched five outstanding, completely different films in a row and it reiterates just how much I love this medium.

Bernanke
16-02-2019, 05:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DqanxfecIA

The biggest blockbuster in Soviet history is returning to movie screens in 2019. It’s compulsively watchable — and absolutely worth seeing.

Good critics avoid hyperbole as a rule, and declaring a single film to be the greatest ever made makes a professional sound like an undergrad who just saw Citizen Kane for the first time. And even some voracious readers are guilty of seeing the writings of Leo Tolstoy as an essential chore. Having said all that: In any serious, sober-minded discussion about what could be selected to exemplify the farthest reaches of cinema’s capabilities, War and Peace — Sergei Bondarchuk’s largely unseen adaptation of Tolstoy’s literary classic — would have to be on the table.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/2/15/18223285/war-and-peace-sergei-bondarchuk-adaptation-1966

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/13766207/28891id_006.jpg

Lewis
16-02-2019, 05:34 PM
I have the DVD set of that that came out years ago, and from I remember it's a bit of a chore. Worth watching through once I suppose, but his Waterloo gives you the battles, fun performances, and a week to yourself.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-02-2019, 11:55 PM
Lego Movie 2 isn't as good as the first film but it's still really enjoyable.

Some quality references in there too.

Bruce Willis :cool:

Mike
21-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Just finished Into the Spider-Verse. It’s brilliant.

Ian
22-02-2019, 03:48 PM

:drool:

phonics
23-02-2019, 02:46 AM
Just finished Into the Spider-Verse. It’s brilliant.

I just finished it too, it's possibly one of the most beautiful things I've seen in motion, every 15-20 seconds is another piece of greatnessl. And even if that's not true, I cried like a little bitch. Absolutely fantastic and they'll ruin it with a sequel I'm sure.

SvN
24-02-2019, 11:58 PM
The Oscars tonight. I can't remember them ever feeling as irrelevant as they do this year.

Although, a big lol at this

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2019/2/24/cf88e1f2-24a4-4c36-8632-153bcc66ef0a.jpg

Dark Soldier
25-02-2019, 12:07 AM
It'd only be a just Oscars if Burning won which is one of the best films I've seen in years.

John
25-02-2019, 11:04 AM
It'd only be a just Oscars if Burning won which is one of the best films I've seen in years.

:drool:

Although Olivia Colman winning made the whole venture worthwhile.

bruhnaldo
25-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Holy shit Sophie from Peep Show won Best Actress what the fuck lmaoo

Ian
25-02-2019, 11:25 AM
I did like that in the Oscars preview the Onion did for her 'Acting Style' they just put 'Good.'

Colman. :cool:

Baz
25-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Nice one, Bev.

Lewis
25-02-2019, 02:58 PM
I saw Green Book the other night, and, whilst it was decent, it is the least good thing I have seen recently.

Yevrah
25-02-2019, 07:11 PM
I don't know what collective think-wank occurs for films like that (and many before it) to do well at the Oscars.

John
25-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Just watched Olivia Colman's acceptance speech and it's probably the most charming thing I've ever seen. She's great.

Lewis
08-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Captain Marvel is alright, albeit largely in spite of the boring main character.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
08-03-2019, 07:58 PM
The Guilty - Outstanding Danish thriller/drama about a cop who, while under investigation, is stuck taking phones for Emergency dispatch. One particular call draws him in and it all unfolds from there. Filled with emotion, a cracking performance from Jakob Cedergren and fantastic writing. Real good way to spend 80 minutes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6742252/

Braw way to spend the time. A lot of your suggestions are good because they're fairly under the radar. Will need to watch the others you recommended recently too, I briefly heard Kermode praising Border on 5 Live today.

phonics
08-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Were there any other posts about Into The Spiderverse. I need more discourse of it into my veins. I might watch it again tonight.

John
09-03-2019, 06:25 AM
Rewatched Predestination last night, and it doesn't lose anywhere near as much as a film that reliant on plot gymnastics should when you go in knowing the details. I reckon that's largely down to Sarah Snook, who is outrageously good.

Baz
09-03-2019, 07:47 AM
I watched Last Action Hero last night. :cool:

It’s safe to say the channel TCM HD is not HD.

Shindig
09-03-2019, 07:48 AM
My dad was watching True Lies last time I visited. I should've stuck around because that film is great.

Boydy
09-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Anyone know any decent streaming sites these days?

igor_balis
09-03-2019, 10:53 PM

What kind of stuff are you after? For older 'classic cinema' googling is usually enough.

Boydy
09-03-2019, 10:56 PM
Nah, more recent stuff.

igor_balis
09-03-2019, 10:59 PM
Nah, more recent stuff.

I'll ask my colleague on Monday, he seems to know how to watch pretty much any recently released film or live sporting event going.

Mike
09-03-2019, 11:08 PM
Were there any other posts about Into The Spiderverse. I need more discourse of it into my veins. I might watch it again tonight.
Downloaded the 4K version for a second viewing tomorrow.

Dark Soldier
10-03-2019, 02:31 PM

https://lookmovie.ag/

Boydy
10-03-2019, 02:41 PM
You hero.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-03-2019, 08:44 PM
James Gunn has been reinstated as director of Guardians 3.

randomlegend
15-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Captain Marvel is alright, albeit largely in spite of the boring main character.

I thought it was nice that it was just a good superhero film where the main character happened to be female rather than being all "LOOK WOMXNZ CAN BE HEROZ 2 !!1!!11"

Lewis
16-03-2019, 12:18 AM
I didn't know what to make of that aspect. On the one hand, they clearly wanted to make a point of CAPTAIN MARVEL BEING A WOMAN, with a load of superficial things about STRONG WOMEN and the like; but at the same time it could have been a dog with fake tits on for all it added anything of actual substance to the character, who just takes everything in her stride and has no flaws at all, let alone any weaknesses. Which, whatever. It just doesn't make for an interesting character.

randomlegend
17-03-2019, 10:15 AM
I quite enjoyed having a superhero who was just hilariously stronger than the baddies. It'd get dull fast but as a one-off it was fun.

Lewis
17-03-2019, 11:08 AM
Come to think of it, her flaw/weakness was that she was just too damn sassy and vagina-having.

'plz take this seriously Captain Mar...'
'A man once patronised me this is nothing.'

Mike
19-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Off to watch Captain Marvel tonight with The Reid. Best part is we're going for free :D

Baz
19-03-2019, 07:30 PM
Off to watch Captain Marvel tonight with The Reid. Best part is we're going for free :DWhy is it free?

Alan Shearer The 2nd
19-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Cause it'll be crap.

Mike
19-03-2019, 09:58 PM
I enjoyed it. Not super amazing or anything but a good two hours, loved the sound track too and it had maybe my fav Stan Lee cameo.

Dark Soldier
19-03-2019, 11:08 PM
https://lookmovie.ag/

https://www.cinewhale.com/ is better btw peeps

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-03-2019, 10:49 PM
Finally got around to watching Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, it is seriously good. Easily the best Spider-Man film.

Baz
21-03-2019, 09:16 AM
Finally got around to watching Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, it is seriously good. Easily the best Spider-Man film.
I've got it ready to watch, cos Mike was basically wanking over it the other day.

42GB 4K. :drool:

phonics
21-03-2019, 11:13 AM
12 foot wide Kingpin is real and he is my friend.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-03-2019, 12:39 PM
I've got it ready to watch, cos Mike was basically wanking over it the other day.

42GB 4K. :drool:

I also had it on 4k and it's visually stunning.

Yevrah
21-03-2019, 12:48 PM
I see 8k is now a thing domestically. Anyone know what media is available for it?

Mike
23-03-2019, 10:16 AM
I also had it on 4k and it's visually stunning.

I got the 4K just so I could watch it again. It's the best superhero movie.

randomlegend
23-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Fighting with my family is fantastic. Genuinely felt a bit emotional at the end.

Having met the mum, I'm not sure about Lena Headey as a casting choice and the character was definitely more than. A little toned down for the big screen :D

Giggles
23-03-2019, 09:18 PM
That whole scene with the snow mobile/sun laser/parachute surfing in Die Another Day is the worst thing ever put on film.

Baz
23-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Spider-Verse is pretty good yeah. Funnier than I expected. :thbup:

Kikó
24-03-2019, 12:19 AM
Dragged across concrete is pretty good. Long but is worth it. Brutal at times.

Foe
24-03-2019, 09:17 AM
coco was quite disappointing. Very nearly turned it off after about 20 mins.

Mazuuurk
26-03-2019, 03:31 PM
I watched Nymphomaniac, or tried to, recently. I got through the first half fine but somewhere into the second one it got a little too dark.

Baz
26-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Rewatched [most of] 8mm at about 1am this morning. :drool:

Nic Cage, Joaquin Phoenix and Tony Soprano. Mega cast.

Mazuuurk
26-03-2019, 04:24 PM
You forgot the best one you fucker.

John
26-03-2019, 04:42 PM
Good cast, deeply terrible film.

Baz
26-03-2019, 06:29 PM
I like it, but I reckon it’s purely because I’ve a lurid interest in snuff films and, as far as I know, there aren’t any other mainstream films about them.

Dark Soldier
26-03-2019, 07:45 PM
8MM is a fantastic movie. Schlocky, dirty, daft.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Captain Marvel is fairly enjoyable but it doesn't really add anything. Wasn't that keen on Larson's delivery of 'comedic lines' but other than that I thought she was fairly good.

Also, I'm not sure why but I really do have a thing for 'Alien' women. I've said how I prefer Zoe Saldana as Gamora and it's now the same with Gemma Chan going in as a blue Minn-Erva.

Baz
27-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Yeah, that’s weird.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Spotted any 'Chernos' lately, mate?

Lewis
27-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Bearing in mind what a sort she is in real life this sounds like more of a fetish than a 'thing'.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Whenever I manage to ensnare a female I will be making her do cosplay which I will pretend is real ofc.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
28-03-2019, 06:44 PM
Also, I'm not sure why but I really do have a thing for 'Alien' women. I've said how I prefer Zoe Saldana as Gamora and it's now the same with Gemma Chan going in as a blue Minn-Erva.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj63nhV3VuU

Bernanke
02-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Got tickets for a double IW + Endgame feature on opening night. Preparing for a sore backside the day after. :drool:

Shut up Lewis.

bruhnaldo
02-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Whenever I manage to ensnare a female I will be making her do cosplay which I will pretend is real ofc.

there's so much going on here

randomlegend
03-04-2019, 08:41 PM
A Star is Born is fantastic. Gaga is phenomenal.

Giggles
03-04-2019, 08:44 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/79b3bea45f720713be561d7bfd24e66c/tenor.gif

She/it is such a disgusting creature.

randomlegend
03-04-2019, 10:04 PM
You'd go igor_balis on her anis without a second thought given the chance.

Lewis
07-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Shazam! is good. Is there a more 'dependable' actor out there than Mark Strong? He's never boring or shit in anything.

Giggles
07-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Spuerman v Batman was on telly last night. Just no.

Are they even part of the same comic 'group'?

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-04-2019, 02:36 PM
I watched Creed II and Aquaman last night.

Creed was pretty good but not as good as the first and Aquaman was largely shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-04-2019, 02:36 PM
Spuerman v Batman was on telly last night. Just no.

Are they even part of the same comic 'group'?

Obviously, they're both from DC Comics.

Giggles
07-04-2019, 02:38 PM
Obviously, they're both from DC Comics.

Makes a slight bit more than zero sense then. Pity it's woejus anyway though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Makes a slight bit more than zero sense then. Pity it's woejus anyway though.

Oh yeah it's a horrible film.

The comics have done a lot of Superman/Batman rivalry arcs.

Boydy
07-04-2019, 03:08 PM
You'd go igor_balis on her anis without a second thought given the chance.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoEbbkrXkAAORZt.jpg

igor_balis
07-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Weird pop star Gaga didn't do it for me but yeah the actress version is well fit.

Manc
08-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Us is very disappointing. It's a cheap slasher that Peele has tried and failed to make emblamatic.

randomlegend
11-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Shazam! is the most 90s thing I've ever seen.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-04-2019, 09:34 AM
https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/19/man-broke-record-going-cinema-watch-captain-marvel-116-times-9275138/

Why would you voluntarily torture yourself?

Lewis
20-04-2019, 11:03 AM
I saw it an extra couple of times to respect women.

Lewis
25-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Avengers: Endgame is incredible. If money didn't come into it, they would just leave it there. It's as good as superhero bullshit could possibly be.

Manc
25-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Better than Hancock?

Giggles
25-04-2019, 05:15 PM
I didn't know if Lewis was joking at first but I think Manc must be in on it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-04-2019, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping to see it on Saturday, if not I'll go sometime in the week.

It looks incredible.

Lewis
25-04-2019, 05:29 PM
It really is. The three hours flies by.

lolled out loud at all the birds teaming up on the battlefield. *tips fedora at the Wasp*

Bernanke
25-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Liked it as well, but having it start at midnight after already being in the seat for 3 hours watching IW made all the input a bit too much to handle. I really like where it all ties up though.

Fav moment was "Hail Hydra". All the time heist stuff was top.

Lewis
25-04-2019, 09:12 PM
Setting your arse back three years.

Giggles
25-04-2019, 09:14 PM
What ones would you need to have seen beforehand? I think the latest in the series I've done is the first Thor or Captain America.

I gave up trying to keep up with them after Iron Man 3 and the first Avengers film and I've no idea what order they all go in.

Lewis
25-04-2019, 09:24 PM
I would say that you need to watch all of them except the Iron Man sequels, Captain Marvel, the first Thor sequel, Spider-Man (worth watching, but not necessary to follow the timeline), and the Hulk film. So that leaves you with what fifteen?

Mike
25-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Just in from Endgame. Lewis is right, it’s amazing and the time flies by!
The Reid, who is normally silent in films gave out a very loud “Oh Shit” at one point :lol:

Baz
26-04-2019, 05:38 AM
I would say that you need to watch all of them except the Iron Man sequels, Captain Marvel, the first Thor sequel, Spider-Man (worth watching, but not necessary to follow the timeline), and the Hulk film. So that leaves you with what fifteen?F that. :sick:

phonics
26-04-2019, 08:26 AM
I would say that you need to watch all of them except the Iron Man sequels, Captain Marvel, the first Thor sequel, Spider-Man (worth watching, but not necessary to follow the timeline), and the Hulk film. So that leaves you with what fifteen?

Fucking lol. I'd rather read your book.

SvN
26-04-2019, 08:32 AM
I tried catching up in preparation for Infinity War, but I gave up after about 3. I just don't enjoy them as much as I want to.

phonics
26-04-2019, 08:53 AM
They made a Captain America that was about the Cold War and the Surveillance State which should be my ultimate wheelhouse and I couldn't get more than 20 minutes in. They're just boring films.

Vercetti
27-04-2019, 10:14 PM
It really is. The three hours flies by.

lolled out loud at all the birds teaming up on the battlefield. *tips fedora at the Wasp*

I almost menstruated in solidarity with them, at that point.

Shame that Captain Marvel didn't go for a full Sinead O'Connor when she changer her haircut. It's also a shame that she couldn't be bothered to turn up a bit earlier and chuck a continent at Thanos. Could have cut the runtime down a bit.

Yevrah
27-04-2019, 10:15 PM
They made a Captain America that was about the Cold War and the Surveillance State which should be my ultimate wheelhouse and I couldn't get more than 20 minutes in. They're just boring films.

It's because they're kids films. Possibly good kids films, but kids films nonetheless.

Lewis
27-04-2019, 10:29 PM
There you go. Good films.

Yevrah
27-04-2019, 10:44 PM
Well not really.

Aren't there a whole list of films you cite that were only good because we were kids watching them? Back to the Future springs to mind for one.

Lewis
27-04-2019, 10:57 PM
I include that on that list of wank to meh films that people claim are great (or 'legandary' or some other ironic t-shirt wearer word) because they loved them when they were twelve and can't bear the truth. It's completely different.

Baz
27-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Little Monsters is fantastic, regardless of the viewers age. :dc:

Giggles
28-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Back to the Future is still brilliant.

SvN
28-04-2019, 09:18 AM
I watched Stan & Ollie last night and loved it. It was a lot better than I expected, and quite touching in places, too.

Raoul Duke
28-04-2019, 10:43 AM
Liked it as well, but having it start at midnight after already being in the seat for 3 hours watching IW made all the input a bit too much to handle. I really like where it all ties up though.

Fav moment was "Hail Hydra". All the time heist stuff was top.

Have you watched Agents Of SHIELD? Cracking series and goes into loads of detail around the Hydra double-cross.

Endgame was mega and then I watched Captain Marvel yesterday as well, just to complete the set. Great film and some nice links into the rest of the MCU stuff. Brie Larson is :drool: too

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Agents of SHIELD is great but the first season is a little shit at times.

phonics
28-04-2019, 12:13 PM
It's because they're kids films. Possibly good kids films, but kids films nonetheless.

You're quoting a bloke that cried over Wreck-It-Ralph and Into The Spiderverse. It appealing to children is not the issue.

Boydy
28-04-2019, 12:52 PM
You're quoting a bloke that cried over Wreck-It-Ralph and Into The Spiderverse. It appealing to children is not the issue.

Wait, what?

Giggles
28-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Does it make any sense if you just watch it on its own? Would take me about five years to watch all them.

Lewis
28-04-2019, 01:32 PM
It does, but you wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Ian
28-04-2019, 03:17 PM
I watched the Warcraft film last night and it's a proper nothing-y mess. Neither just Iming to be a good film in its own right or something with more fan service (beyond "look! It's this character!" anyway.) Super dull.

Mike
28-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Does it make any sense if you just watch it on its own? Would take me about five years to watch all them.

You'd be able to get what's going on, maybe not why somethings are how they are, and you won't care.

I downloaded the dodgy version to give it a second watching tonight.

Giggles
28-04-2019, 04:32 PM
You'd be able to get what's going on, maybe not why somethings are how they are, and you won't care.

I downloaded the dodgy version to give it a second watching tonight.

Someone will have done a summary recap somewhere. I'm gathering this Thanos lad was good and has turned bad (before this film in one of the other ones) and that's the main thing in this.

EDIT: He's not the bow and arrow lad is he? I vaguely remember him turning into a baddie in one of the ones I've seen but he was with Ironman and all in the first Avengers film.

Browning
28-04-2019, 04:34 PM
You’ll be fine. I went in having just watched GOTG 1 and 2 and Infinity War and I don’t feel like I missed out on much other than what seemed to be random references to the other films.

Giggles
28-04-2019, 04:42 PM
I mustn't be the only one looking anyway.

http://i63.tinypic.com/19wlqc.png

Mike
28-04-2019, 04:51 PM
At the very least watch Infinity War and this follows on directly from that. And it’s boss.

Giggles
28-04-2019, 04:53 PM
At the very least watch Infinity War and this follows on directly from that. And it’s boss.

Yeah it sounds like a direct follow-on reading this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47961964

I'm staying in a hotel tomorrow night because of work, I'll rent it from Play Movies.

randomlegend
28-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Just watched Endgame:

It was extremely entertaining, but as always when time travel is introduced into a film there's a tonne of plot holes and inconsistencies which are irritating after the fact.

The drastic variation in the power level of the various characters to fit the plot is annoying too.

It was good but I wish they hadn't gone with time travel to be honest

Lewis
28-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Nerd.

randomlegend
28-04-2019, 08:31 PM
True.

Lewis
28-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Well done on staying awake for three hours though buddy.

randomlegend
28-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Didn't even have a migraine either.

Giggles
28-04-2019, 08:54 PM
Didn't even have a migraine either.

Speaking of which, (can't be arsed finding the right thread) did you give the CGRP jabs a go at all yet?