PDA

View Full Version : Your bought but unplayed LIST OF SHAME

Ian
19-09-2015, 07:10 AM
Just a thought, while ye olde TTH is sort-of working it might be worth grabbing your lists of shame.

THE LIST
(New additions)
(In Progress)

PC

Baldur's Gate
Bioshock
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Capsized
Dead Space
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Fallout
Fallout 2
Gothic 2
Invisible, Inc.[/B]
Lego Batman 2
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Pathologic
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Rasternauts
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
System Shock 2
Trine
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

PS3

Heavy Rain
Rayman Origins
Resident Evil 5
Tomb Raider

Removed from the list
Alien: Isolation

Vim
19-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Like a year ago Steam had a 9€ sale for all the GTA up to IV and I bought it but haven't played a single one yet.

Disco
19-09-2015, 10:26 AM
The only places my list exists are the old board and my old PC, neither of which work desperately well at present.

Not that I'll be making much progress on it (apart from making it bigger), I'm enjoying buying games and turning everything up to 11 :drool:

Ian
19-09-2015, 10:45 AM
The new PC (at the start of the year, ish) is what scuppered my list progress too, Disco.

Disco
19-09-2015, 11:07 AM
If we count deciding-some-games-that-were-nearly-finished-can-be-taken-off-the-list as progress then it's actually helping.

Ian
19-09-2015, 11:11 AM
In the spirit of ignoring my list I might play a bit of Xcom today. Feeling ill but smashing chrysallids through walls should perk me up.

Disco
19-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Apparently I own the new one but don't remember ever buying it. :cab:

More GTA V for me and probably some more CK2 testing later I think.

Shindig
19-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Mine is just numbers at the minute. 58 titles, 1,032.5 hours. Not including MGS V. I had hoped to get something crossed off whilst off work but it turns out MGS V is gigantic. On the plus side I beat the first boss of Bloodborne last night. Maybe that's the one.

Disco
19-09-2015, 11:55 AM
I've been watching a blind LP of Bloodborne, it doesn't look short.

Shindig
19-09-2015, 12:04 PM
I've heard around 30 hours which I've already put into Metal Gear. The thing about Bloodborne and blind LPs in general is what prior knowledge the player has of the series. The 30 hour mark I've heard comes from veterans. I've put enough time into Dark Souls to consider that reasonable. Although I play these games like an idiot.

Disco
26-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Right, TD was finally up long enough for me to grab my list. Finished Dark Crusade so that's gone. Played as much Blood Bowl as I care to so that can go (plus my other saves are all my old PC). Chaos Theory is still bugging out on the penultimate room of the game so that can do one.

That leaves me with:

ARMA 3 SP
Baldurs Gate
Baldurs Gate 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Black & White
Divinity: Original Sin
Dungeon Siege 3
FEAR 2
FEAR 3
Half Life 2 - Episode 2
IL2 Sturmovik
LOTR: War in the North
Magic Carpet
Ronin
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
XCOM Enemy Unknown

Patje
01-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I think a first post with my LIST is suitable for me. The LIST changed quite a bit.
I sold my PS2, so I had to scrap Shadow of the Colossus. Couldn't be bothered with the remaining 5 ones, so no biggie.
I also scrapped Might & Magic 6 on the PC. It's lovely, but just not enough interest to finish it. Game Dev Tycoon had enough playtime.
On the 360 I finished Lego Marvel a while ago and last weekend I finished Metal Gear Rising. Resonance of Fate is a decent game, but the grinding, which was necessary even in the beginning, put me off. Walking Dead season 2 got added, but I've finished episode 4 yesterday, so close to finishing.
Then on the Wii I decided to scrap Okami, as I just can't be bothered. I'm not really good at the painting stuff and even though the game is lovely, it just doesn't work for me. Super Paper Mario got finished, though most of it was played by my daughter. To be fair, I liked playing it together with her (taking alternate turns, that is), but not something I'd finish on my own as I just don't vare enough for Mario anymore.

The biggest change however, is the addition of a PS4. I've been wanting one for a while now, but not enough games that get my interest on the new generation and me wanting to finish the games on the 360 list before moving on, kept me from getting one. I also lost my job 3 months ago, so getting one didn't feel right for me.
As I've been doing my best to find a new job (I'm having interviews about every week, just not with succes) and I'm not being a useless sack of shit on the couch, the got me one last week as a present together with the Batman game. The other games arrived in the days after. She has been paying attention to the games I look at, though Batman and Assassins Creed are no-brainers, as I played all games on the 360.

PC:
Braid
Super Meat Boy
Psychonauts

Xbox360:
Witcher 2
Borderlands 2
The Walking Dead Season 2

PS4:
Batman: Arkham Knight
Shadows of Mordor
Assassins Creed Unity
The Last of Us Remastered

PSP:
Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Final Fantasy IV and expansions

Wii:
The Last Story
Pandora’s Tower
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zelda: Skyward Sword

Removed:
Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Game Dev Tycoon
Shadow of the Colossus
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Resonance of Fate
Okami
Super Paper Mario

wullie
01-10-2015, 12:51 PM
PS4

PES 2016
Metal Gear Solid V
Madden 16
NBA 2K16
Pure Pool
FIFA 16
Trials Fusion
The Golf Club
The Last Of Us: Left Behind

3DS

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Gunman Clive 2

PS3

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Hotline Miami
Remember Me

PC

Football Manager 2015
Cities: Skylines
This War Of Mine
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Wheels of Aurelia
Blackwell Deception
Kentucky Route Zero
Monaco
Civilization V
To The Moon
Tropico 3
ALEA
Crap! No One Loves me
HOKY
Hellmouth
Risky Bison
Back To The Future
A Golden Wake

Italics are bought and untouched, the rest are either in progress or I haven't completely given up on them just yet.

Patje
28-10-2015, 01:28 PM
So, I finished Walking Dead Season 2 and Batman Arkham Knight. Currently working my way through Witcher 2 and Mordor, alternating a bit depending on my mood.

Ian
28-10-2015, 02:41 PM
If you're not aware of this already and haven't gone too far it might be worth making a save (to keep this as spoiler-free) just before you make a choice involved Iorveth and Roche in Witcher 2.

The second act is almost entirely different depending which you pick and well worth going back to (assuming you're enjoying the game.)

Patje
30-10-2015, 09:50 PM
If you're not aware of this already and haven't gone too far it might be worth making a save (to keep this as spoiler-free) just before you make a choice involved Iorveth and Roche in Witcher 2.

The second act is almost entirely different depending which you pick and well worth going back to (assuming you're enjoying the game.)

Nah, I know about that. Not the entire story, but I know that both paths are different.

I like how the world of The Witcher is a morally grey one. But choosing between Iorveth and Roche really is choosing between two cunt bastards I just don't like. Usually in games I have at least sympathy for a "leader" or a side, but not in this one.
It's a good thing, though. Other developers might learn from it, it just isn't necessary for everyone to be a good-natured hero or kind-hearted leader. Some people are just pricks or arses. People like Iorveth and Roche. And Loredo. Especially Loredo. I hate that guy.

Demerit
30-10-2015, 11:47 PM
The Witcher 3 annoys me.

I like it, but the world is almost too grey, foggy and a bit pessimistic to properly enjoy.

Rain, fine. Wind, fine. Grey, fine.

Wind (and ludicrously loud wind sounds effects), Rain, Grey all the time and it's a tumultous setting.

I just want a nice sunny day every so often, with no wind sounds effects. The problem is that when the sun does come out, it still seems like a murky half hearted sun.

I've put a good 12 hours in over the past 10 days because it was sitting on my list, the characters are great, but I almost just want to speed through the main quest so I can enjoy the character without having to sit in Velen with soggy boots for another 5 minutes.

Ian
31-10-2015, 12:01 AM
I'd say I had a fairly even mix, weather-wise.

Demerit
31-10-2015, 12:05 AM
Does the world get slightly less depressing as the game goes on?

Ian
31-10-2015, 10:08 AM
In terms of tone, events, etc.?

Not especially so, aside from certain missions and stories and perhaps the ending you finish up with but Witcherland isn't an especially cheery place.

Shindig
04-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Unlocked the true last mission for MGS so I'm putting that game to bed tonight. Then I'm forcing my way through Bloodborne.

Patje
22-11-2015, 07:19 PM
I've finished Witcher 2 on Iorveth's path. Quite liked it, Iorveth warmed up a bit in the second act and Roche kept his cool. Now to play Roche's path.

Once I've completed that, I'll invest some more time in Mordor and go on with my list. Probably Borderlands 2, so I'm kinda done with the 360. I say kinda, as I'll eventually do another Mass Effect run.

Ian
22-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Think I went Iorveth's path first too, Pat. What happened with Letho at the end?

I think the first time I killed him because of Foltest even though I realised it didn't really matter.

Patje
22-11-2015, 08:44 PM
I let him walk. They were old friends, sorta. He did take care of Yennefer, he could have killed Geralt in the Elven Ruins, he forced Triss to teleport but didn't hurt her (as far as I know) and he was nice enough to wait in the end.

And to be honest, the manner in which you encounter him in the Elven Ruins before you fight him, where he actually talks with you. I liked that.

Also, I let the dragon live, but only because I know it's Saskia. I'm thinking that on Roche's path you won't know that, so I will kill the dragon then.

CJay
22-11-2015, 08:46 PM
My list of shame is quite short at the minute:

Thief (played ~10% of it)
Sleeping Dogs
Shadow of Mordor (~10%)

Currently blocked by FC4 and Fifa 16 (meh), with Metro Redux, Dishonored and maybe Fallout 4 incoming over the Christmas period. Anyone here played Sleeping Dogs?

Patje
22-11-2015, 08:50 PM
A while ago. Loved the fighting, Wei is a decent enough character and Jackie is an idiot.

Shindig
22-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty good game. Doesn't quite do Batman combat justice but the game's dumb enough to get by on its own feet. Emma Stone is in that for a minute.

Shindig
28-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Bloodborne done. One last episode of Walking Dead to do and the possibility of finishing Grow Home. Swell.

Patje
10-12-2015, 07:25 PM
So I've finished Roche's path as well. Actually finished it last weekend. But the Witcher 2 is of the list now.

Been toying around in Mordor now. Did some story missions (killing war chiefs) and had a blast with a revenge mission. Can't leave a fellow gamers death go unpunished, I thought. So I started it. The target happened to be in an area which was crowding with stinky things. Among them 4 captains, including 3 bodyguards for war chiefs. Killed them all, but took me a while and I can't count the times I ran for a herb or to take a breath. Really enjoyed it, especially when I released some Caragors. :D

Ian
10-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Did you think it was worth doing the other path in Witcher 2? I certainly did.

Shindig
10-12-2015, 11:34 PM
Might as well post my 2015 list of finished.

Far Cry 2
Far Cry 4
Metroid Prime
Infamous First Light
King Oddball
Transistor
Valliant Hearts
DmC
Dark Souls
Unfinished Swan
Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Fall
Contradiction
Limbo
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Velocity 2X
Guacamelee
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Bloodborne
Walking Dead: Season 2
Grow Home
Never Alone
Walking Dead: Season 1

The last one is on there as I will blast through that at some point this month. I'm trying to savour everything else whilst Dark Souls II now feels like something that I'm just suffering through just the once. Yakuza 5 and Witcher 3 added this week, although the former won't install.

Ian
20-12-2015, 10:51 AM
THE LIST
(New additions)
(In Progress)

PC

Baldur's Gate
Bioshock
Capsized
Dead Space
Dying Light
Fallout
Fallout 2
Gothic 2
Invisible, Inc.
Lego Batman 2
Pathologic
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Rasternauts
System Shock 2
Trine

PS3

Heavy Rain
Resident Evil 5

Removed from the list
Rayman Origins
Tomb Raider

I'm back playing Invisible, Inc. and have made a start on Heavy Rain. Also playing Dying Light, but I'm not especially feeling it to be honest.

Shindig
20-12-2015, 11:07 AM
58 games. 1074.5 hours. Bulk of that is PS2.

Ian
26-12-2015, 08:58 AM
THE LIST
(New additions)
(In Progress)

PC

80 Days
Baldur's Gate
Bioshock
Capsized
Dead Space
Dying Light
Fallout
Fallout 2
Game of Thrones (Telltale)
Gothic 2
Grim Fandango
Lego Batman 2
Pathologic
Pillars of Eternity
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Rasternauts
Star Wars: Republic Commando
System Shock 2
Trine

PS3

Heavy Rain
Resident Evil 5

Removed from the list
Invisible, Inc

Crossing Invisible, Inc off (it's really good) as I've sunk some more time into it and finally completed a playthrough. I'll play it more but basically I want to whittle the list down a fraction because I'm about to do some Steam Sale spending. :( Dying Light might be off the list soon too as I simply can't bring myself to care despite being really keen to like it.

EDIT: Updated.

:face:

Shindig
31-12-2015, 10:25 PM
I didn't blast through Walking Dead Season 1. Still in the first episode trying to sort Mr. Angina out. I've tallied up 2015's finished list and it comes to 391 hours. I feel like 2016 is the year of the JRPG. 270 hours of my shame is Final Fantasy.

Patje
01-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Been playing some more Mordor and was getting some fatigue. The new map and the ability to brand has given the game new life for me. The story is utter crap, but toying around with the branding and such is fun.

Is there any point in returning to the first map other than doing sidequests and general messing around?

I also bought Witcher 3 for the PS4.

Chrissy
01-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Iv'e bought Destiny and not attempted it. Playing Star Wars battlefront and Battlefield hardline instead.

Ian
02-01-2016, 09:52 AM
I think I went back to the first map just to mop up every last uruk, Patje, but I don't think there's any reason for doing that. I just liked some of my nemeses.

Shindig
09-01-2016, 10:36 PM
First down for 2016. Yakuza 5. 36 hours. I stand by my review. That game might be the last great thing to come to the PS3.

Patje
10-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Shadow of Mordor is finished. As I said, the new map and branding gave the game new life for me, but ultimately I got bored with it quite easily. Barely touched the sidemissions, think I did 2-3 of each.

I like the Nemesis system, but it needs a better game around it than Shadow of Mordor has to offer.

Edit: Why not just update the list, Patje? Good idea.

PC:
Braid
Super Meat Boy
Psychonauts

Xbox360:
Borderlands 2

PS4:
Assassins Creed Unity
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PSP:
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Wii:
The Last Story
Pandora’s Tower
Xenoblade Chronicles

Removed:
Shadows of Mordor
The Walking Dead Season 2
Witcher 2

Shindig
19-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Alright. At the end of this week I call time on Dark Souls 2. Either I finish it or I stop shy at the last area. I'll take it.

SincereTheRebel
20-01-2016, 11:20 AM
A more appropriate thread for mine. I will be looking to get the PS4 platinum trophy for all the games listed below.

PS4

Driveclub Bikes - As it was an additional add-on to the original drive club game. I wasn't expecting a great motorbike game here. It was OK. Wasnt difficult at all to get used to. Controls were very east.

Project cars

God of War III: Remastered

Uncharted™: The Nathan Drake Collection
Resident Evil HD Remaster

Need for speed

WRC 5

Moto GP 15

Tony Hawk 5

Pleb
20-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Raided my PC draw the other night...didn't realise I had so much...:

Command and Conquer The First Decade (12 games apparently)
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Command and Conquer 3 (including the expansion)
Sid Meier's Railroad (lol :baz:)
Starcraft II
2142 Battlefield
Star Wars KOTOR
Star Wars Empire At War
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars KOTOR II: The Sith Lords
Unreal Tournament (:cab:)
X3 Reunion
FEAR
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Far Cry
GTAIV
City Life
Medieval Total War

These should work using a Intel Core Quad Q6600 and GeForce 210 graphics card surely?

Baz
20-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Gimme your C&C Generals & Zero Hour serial? :p

Lost my box and fancied a few comp stomps.

phonics
20-01-2016, 06:42 PM
The Jedi Knight games deserve a true successor. There is no better multiplayer Star Wars game. It had Lightsabers, blasters, force powers, wall running and at the speed of Quake 3. It was a master piece.

Pleb
20-01-2016, 09:52 PM
I can't find the CD keys for the Star Wars games. That might be an issue :D

Shindig
20-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Dark Souls 2 is done. Summoned past the Throne wankers and, whilst Nashandra is doable, I no longer care. Final Fantasy X might be next, I guess.

Disco
27-02-2016, 01:20 PM
My list is getting longer:

American Truck Sim
ARMA 3 SP
Baldurs Gate
Baldurs Gate 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Black & White
Divinity: Original Sin
Dungeon Siege 3
FEAR 2
FEAR 3
Half Life 2 - Episode 2
IL2 Sturmovik
LOTR: War in the North
Magic Carpet
Ronin
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: Judgement Rites
Total War: Rome 2
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
XCOM Enemy Unknown

Exacerbated y the fact that I'm just playing FM and FTL all the time.

Shindig
28-02-2016, 10:04 AM
February's just wrapping up and I'm 7 games down for the year.

Yakuza 5
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
The Witness
Firewatch
Layers of Fear
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Demon's Souls

Under the 1000 hour mark for the first time in a while and there's 55 titles left to clear. I started the year with 58 so I'm making some gains.

Shindig
27-03-2016, 03:18 PM
End of March, 9 down. Final Fantasy X is almost kind done but I need a mammoth grind to truly finish it. Meanwhile, my attempts to go back to Walking Dead Season One have soured over the game ignoring my episode 1 choices. I should finish it regardless but now Kenny thinks I'm a shitbag for ditching his son twice WHICH I NEVER DID. AND DOUG! YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE ALIVE!

Ian
16-05-2016, 09:18 AM
THE LIST
(New additions)
(In Progress)

PC

Baldur's Gate
Bioshock
Capsized
Dead Space
Fallout
Fallout 2
Gothic 2
Grim Fandango
Lego Batman 2
Pathologic
Pillars of Eternity
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Rasternauts
System Shock 2
Trine

PS3

Resident Evil 5

Removed from the list
80 Days
Dying Light
Game of Thrones (Telltale)
Heavy Rain

So the two that are "In Progress", MGS5 and Pillars of Eternity, I haven't touched in months and weeks respectively. MGS I would consider just restarting (I'm not sure why I stopped playing in the first place) were it not for that opening bit being an exercise in tedium. So I need to go back and maybe replay some old missions to get to grips with it again and crack on. Pillars of Eternity suffered for me buying Arkham Knight on a whim and the fact that I was just over halfway through a (voluntary) dungeon-grindy section. I need to go back, get back to the main story for a bit to get back into it and then finish off the dungeon in several chunsks rather than trying to do it in one.

Meanwhile, a couple of days off and I'm tempted to.... start something new altogether. :face:

I'm thinking Republic Commando, Grim Fandango or maybe Wolfenstein.

Also considering a NG+ of Arkham Knight but I suspect that won't happen.

Shindig
16-05-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm really struggling to pick my next one. I made a start on Gears of War but I really dislike how your guys and the other guys are basically the same model. Sorry, Dom. You're running towards me and I have a gun.

Timesplitters 2 makes 13 for the year. 56 left.

Shindig
15-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Shadow of Mordor finally done. Powered past the last two chiefs and sprinted to the end. I had no connection to my nemesis at all and, by that point, you're wasting dudes in seconds.

Ian
15-06-2016, 03:30 PM
My worst nemesis was in the first half of the map. Metal plates covering half his face, burns, an invulnerability to nearly everything and the ability to track me if I was nearby.

By the time I decided I just wanted to cut the bastard's head off he was incredibly tough. Managed to mind control him and it was incredibly satisfying. I'm surprised nobody's nicked the Nemesis system yet. I love it.

Shindig
15-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Nah, I'm not that keen on it. Mainly because you can see how it operates. Especially in the first map where it acts like a wanted meter. I returned back to the first map and wound up fighting three captains at once at the first sign of bother. I was save-scumming to prevent new orcs being called up, mind. Especially when it got to the endgame.

Ian
15-06-2016, 06:10 PM
It's a bit nothing in the first instance but once you've been playing a while and a) have some guys under your control and b) you've got some long-standing wrong'uns who've changed because of your scraps with them iit grew on me very quickly.

Patje
15-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Long-standing wrong'uns? You mean you didn't kill or brand them in the first, perhaps second but at most third encounter?

Shindig
15-06-2016, 09:05 PM
I only branded near the end. I preferred getting Runes and only got the gang together when the game was like, "Hey, the story demands you do this." The only one that gave me bother was the one that had no second chance so, once he got you down, you were done. He was weak to range so I just arrowed him to death.

Ian
15-06-2016, 09:43 PM
I had some like that but obviously they're randomised. I had one who was weak to pretty much everything but had one pain in the arse skill and somehow I kept failing to kill him. :moop:

I had one warchief who kept hunting me down and kicking my arse so I ended up branding all three of his captains and let them help me get him in his stronghold. Satisfying.

Raoul Duke
15-06-2016, 10:42 PM
The trickiest ones for me were the ones who blocked vaulting. It was my go to skill a lot of the time. Flip over their heads, stun and then beat the shit out of them :cool:

Shindig
16-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Poison weapons got me more later on. If I couldn't flip them, I could stun from the front.

Demerit
20-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Got a few on my Xbox One:

Metal Gear Sold 5: The Phantom Pain
The Witcher 3
Just Cause 3
Rainbow Six Siege
Rare Replay (More or less all of it)
Watch Dogs
Hitman Episode 3: Marrakesh
Life is Strange
Sunset Overdrive
FarCry 4
Thief
Destiny
Tales from the Borderlands

Recently Completed:

Quantum Break
Inside
South Park: The Stick of Truth

My aim is to get far enough with The Witcher 3 over the summer that I'm happy to walk away by the time September comes, playing that alongside others.

Currently doing a playthrough of Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One, which hasn't aged a bit.

I'm going to try and get tales from the borderlands and life is strange off my desk within the week before I decide on what else to play. I need to get things like FarCry and Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain before the autumn games rush comes, otherwise they won't be played until this time next year.

The games I'll be looking to add are:

Batman (Telltale games one) - August
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - August
Bioshock : The Collection - September
Fifa 17 - September
Forza Horizon 3 - September
Mafia 3 - October
Gears 4 - October
Battlefield 1 - October
Dishonoured 2 - November
Watch Dogs 2 - November
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - December
Resident Evil 7 - January

Then earlish 2017 - Crackdown 3, Mass Effect: Andromeda and State of Decay 2...

October will be an antisocial month..

Shindig
23-07-2016, 10:19 PM
ADR1FT is done after a long, long day. Not sure if marathoning that is the right way to go. That game has a look to it which I can get behind. The story's not hard-hitting but there's some good spacewalks and scenery.

Dark Soldier
23-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Finally got my pile o'shame down:

PC:

Dear Esther
FTL
Fez
One Finger Death Punch
Machinarium
Little Inferno
Super Meat Boy
Hyper Light Drifter (played some)
Oxenfree
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
STALKER: Clear Sky
Stardew Valley
Undertale
The Witness

PS4:

Alien Isolation
Apotheon
Bloodborne DLC
Borderlands: Handsome Collection (completed 2 multiple times)
CounterSpy
Dark Souls 3 (about halfway through it)
Dragonfin Soup
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Dying Light (about halfway through)
Enter the Gungeon (Haven't completed a run)
Escape Plan
Ether One
Furi
Galak-Z
Gauntlet
Grim Fandango Remastered
Grow Home
Guacamelee! Super Turbo blah blah
Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami 2
Limbo
Lone Survivor (about a quarter through)
Magicka 2
NBA 2K16
Never Alone
Oddword: New n' Tasty
OlliOlli2 (its shit)
P.T. (NOPE)
Pix The Cat
PvZ: Garden Warfare (meh)
Race The Sun
Resident Evil Remake
Resogun
Salt and Sanctuary
SOMA (just started)
Spelunky
Super Exploding Zoo
Super Force Time Ultra
The Swapper
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Walking Dead: Season 2
Trackmania Turbo
Transistor
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Xeodrifter

Soma and Souls 3 are the first two to be cleared from that list, and about 30% of it is free PS+ shit but I'm at the point where I'm buying more than I'm playing so its gonna grow.

Disco
23-07-2016, 10:30 PM
FTL :drool:

Shindig
23-07-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm jealous you still have P.T. on your HDD. DOOM takes my list to 52. Not including the fact I kinda want to give Furi another shot. Oh, and Gat out of Hell. '53', then.

Shindig
27-08-2016, 04:06 PM
The list's not getting smaller but the last two games I've reviewed have seen credits roll on them. Inversus and Drift Ultimate took 3 hours each. 19 for the year and we're not into Autumn. Kinda scared to go back to Resident Evil because of those hunters. :uhoh:

Ian
17-09-2016, 04:24 PM
THE LIST
(New additions)
(In Progress)

PC

Baldur's Gate
Bioshock
Capsized
Dead Space
Fallout
Fallout 2
Firewatch
Gothic 2
Lego Batman 2
Pathologic
Pillars of Eternity
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
System Shock 2
This War of Mine
Trine

PS3

Resident Evil 5

Removed from the list
Grim Fandango
Rasternauts

Didn't realise I'd never added Mankind Divided to the list but that's now gone anyway. Supercontinent Ltd. is a freebie thing so might be really short. I'm not returning to MGS V next as I've just done a shitload of stealthing in Deus Ex. Should really go back to PoE, drag myself out of that dungeon and get back to the main story because I was loving that.

EDIT: So Supercontinent Ltd. was about 15 minutes long. :D I'll just remove that.

Shindig
23-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Lords of the Fallen makes it 22 for the year. That went by alright. Still got 52 on my list and now getting back to Resident Evil gets less and less likely the further I get from it.

Shindig
31-12-2016, 05:13 PM
2016's list of FINISHED:

Yakuza 5
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
The Witness
Firewatch
Layers of Fear
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Demon's Souls
Salt & Sanctuary
Walking Dead: Season One
Dark Souls 3
The Magic Circle
Timesplitters 2
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Crackdown
ADR1FT
The err... 'canon' ending of X-Com.
Inversus
Ultimate Drift Zen Edition
Journey
Dear Esther
Lords of the Fallen
Jazzpunk Director's Cut
Machinarium
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Ittle Dew 2
Drive!Drive!Drive!

53 remain ... i.e. the same as last year.

wullie
20-01-2017, 01:01 PM
New year, new timewasting. Mix of games I'm either playing or have yet to touch. Left out the much bigger list of games I'll definitely get round to playing again at some point I swear

PS4
Lego Star Wars Force Awakens
Mafia 3
Watch Dogs 2
PES 2017
FIFA 17
This War of Mine: Little Ones
Bully
Gone Home
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
GTA V

PC
FM 2017
Monaco
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China/India/Russia
Kentucky Route Zero
1979 Revolution: Black Friday
LA Cops
Sheltered
The Escapists
The Escapists: Walking Dead

Patje
21-02-2017, 03:50 PM
As said in the other thread, my LIST needs updating. I'll also put in the ones I bought and finished since updating the previous list (which was a year ago). At least, if I remember them.

PC:
Pillars of Eternity
Grim Dawn
Divinity: Original Sin EE
Torchlight II
Spelunky
Invisible Inc
Darkest Dungeon

Xbox360:
Borderlands 2

PS4:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
Mafia 3

Wii:
Pandora’s Tower
Xenoblade Chronicles

Removed:
Braid
Super Meat Boy
Psychonauts
Assassins Creed Unity
The Last Story
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
The Stanley Parable
Gone Home
Prison Architect
The Escapists
Grim Fandango
This War of Mine
Transistor
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Westport Independent

Patje
06-03-2017, 09:15 AM
So I've finished Mafia 3 and I've bought Horizon even though I wanted to wait. :rolleyes: :D

Shindig
19-03-2017, 11:14 PM
A PS2 game finally leaves my list. R-Type Final. I had an invulnerability cheat and an hour to spare. That game .... can't handle its shit in the final two stages. And now Metal Slug 3 is done.

EDIT: After cataloging my physical and digital games, my actual list stands at 96. Apparently my finish ratio is 59%.

Shindig
29-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Time for a check-in. A third of the year down. 17 finished:

Hitman: Season One
DOOM
Pineview Drive
Double Dragon IV
Nioh
Yakuza 0
R-Type Final
Metal Slug 3
Everyday Shooter
Black
Max Payne
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Blackwood Crossing
Crawl
Late Shift
Gran Turismo 6
Zheros

Gawd bless short downloadable titles.

95 remain, according to the big list. 151 done.

Shindig
31-12-2017, 06:30 PM
2017's finished efforts:

Hitman: Season One
DOOM
Pineview Drive
Double Dragon IV
Nioh
Yakuza 0
R-Type Final
Metal Slug 3
Everyday Shooter
Black
Max Payne
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Blackwood Crossing
Crawl
Late Shift
Gran Turismo 6
Zheros
Half-Life: Blue Shift
The Town of White
The Swapper
DiRT 4
Get Even
Pressure Overdrive
Psychonauts
Agents of Mayhem
Rabi-Ribi
Takes from the Borderlands
The Planet of Eyes
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Furi (Peace ending)
P.T.
Life is Strange
Until Dawn
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage II
Call of Duty: WWII
Road Rage
The Surge
Bayonetta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Beat Sigma today. 40's a good effort, even if the actual backlog is out of control. 2018's list opens with Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma beaten. Darksiders up next.

Ian
20-01-2019, 06:08 PM
I am making a list because with free games across Humble, Epic and Twitch along with sales on various sites I'm genuinely losing fucking track of what I even have, let alone what I've got to be getting on with still. I won't count all the Twitch freebies as I'm not currently planning to even bother with all of those as things stand, some of them I just took because freeness.

I'm breaking them down by what client I have them on, largely because it'll be quicker for me if I check back for reference later.

Epic
What Remains of Edith Finch

Origin
Dead Space

Steam
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Bioshock Remastered
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite
Capsized
Crosscells
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Door Kickers
Flame in the Flood
Goat Simulator
Heat Signature
Hotline Miami 2
Life is Strange
NEO Scavenger (I really want to like this but I can't work out how I'm meant to get going on it.)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Sonic Mania
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Talos Principle
Thief
Windward
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (I'm about halfway through this just now)

Twitch
Broforce
Broken Age
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hue
Hyper Light Drifter
Jotun
Kingsway
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3 (I've never played Metal Slug so this will depend if I like 2.)
Orwell
Psychonauts
QUBE 2
Republique
Serial Cleaner
Swords of Ditto
Tyranny

I don't think I've missed anything.

Sob.

EDIT: Also just spotted that some of these were on my list when I started this thread over three years ago. Lol.

Shindig
20-01-2019, 07:16 PM
I've rejigged my spreadsheet which makes it look slightly more manageable.

PC
Mafia
Far Cry
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2
Assetto Corsa
Rome Total War

PSOne
Tomb Raider II
Grand Theft Auto
International Karate
Final Fantasy VII
Abe's Odyssey
Syphon Filter 2
Final Fantasy VI
Monaco GP RS2

PS2
Hitman Contracts
Canus Canem Edit
God Hand
Final Fantasy XII
Splinter Cell
Killer7
Shinobi
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Enthusia Professional Racing
Grand Prix Challenge
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Black
Final Fantasy X
WRC 4
WRC 2
Viewtiful Joe
SSX Tricky
Persona 3: FES

Xbox 360
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Witcher 2
Castlevania: SoTN

PS3
Red Dead Redemption
Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance
SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
Resident Evil 5
Prince of Persia Trilogy HD

PS4
NBA 2K14
Witcher 3
Monster Hunter World
GT Sport
Project Cars
Megaman Legacy Collection
DRIVECLUB
Hitman: Season 2

Gamecube
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 0

Switch
Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Final Fantasy VI is almost done. You can get those Metal Slugs off your list easily. Infinite continues. I just tanked my way through 3.

Ian
21-01-2019, 05:53 PM
I wonder how much / badly Sands of Time has aged. Fucking loved that game.

wullie
22-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Cropped it right down. There are so many more games that should still be on the list that I've either yet to start or not gone back to, but I'm kidding myself to suggest I ever will.

PS4
FIFA 19
GTA V
Red Dead 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Steep
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

PC
FM
Two Point Hospital
Fire Pro World
Cities Skylines

Shindig
23-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Sands of Time held up the last time I tried it. The HD version has an iffy framerate, mind. I've found myself going back to Hitman Contracts whilst I'm in the mood. Shot my way through the manor to finally see a new level. Yay.

Ian
24-01-2019, 06:57 AM
I really didn't get on with Contracts.

Shindig
24-01-2019, 08:18 AM
The detection mechanics seem workable enough. Just have to remember not to stand in one spot too long and avoid narrow, guarded hallways. Or find a disguise less people give a toss about. Just killed a guy masquerading as part of a Swat team. Now we're into the remade levels of the first game.

Vercetti
25-01-2019, 07:52 PM
My list is tiny compared to some of you. I tend to buzz in and out of gaming, outside of FM. I'll blast something every chance I get for two weeks, and then not even switch the console on for three months.

PS4:

GTA IV - Although I have completed it on Xbox360, previously.
Witcher 3
MGS 5 - Not even started it, despite buying it over a year ago.
God of War
Uncharted: Lost Legacy - Probably 70% of the way through, but never went back to it.
Far Cry 4
Fallout 4
Call of Duty: WWII
South Park - Stick of Truth and the one after that.

PC:

Half Life & expansions
Half Life 2 & expansions
Deadlight
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Sim City 4: Deluxe

Xbox360:

Far Cry 2
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
Probably loads more at the back of the cupboard

SNES Mini:

Everything, including all of the ROMs I downloaded for nostalgia.

99% will never see the light of day again. I remember really liking the look of Deadlight. I loaded it, checked that it worked on my laptop, and then never loaded it again.

Shindig
27-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Well, Contracts is done. Some really good missions in that like Traditions of the Trade. The AI's a little wonky about finding bodies and one of my targets was a bullet sponge. Other than that, it's okay. I'll leave it a few months before heading into Hitman 2 but at least that has cheats.

Patje
02-02-2019, 11:26 AM
NEO Scavenger (I really want to like this but I can't work out how I'm meant to get going on it.)

I had the same thing, though I only played the demo. Looks interesting and should be something I'd like, but I just couldn't get on with it. Perhaps multiple runs enlighten you, but I simply didn't have the feel to continue on.

Ian
02-02-2019, 08:16 PM
I had the same thing, though I only played the demo. Looks interesting and should be something I'd like, but I just couldn't get on with it. Perhaps multiple runs enlighten you, but I simply didn't have the feel to continue on.

I think I've tried a dozen times. Next time I'll look at a wiki first because every AAR I've read I'm like "Yes! YES!"

Panda Bear
02-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Age of Decadence
Amber Throne
Banished
Bastion
Beat Cop
Broken Age
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Caves of Qud
Child of Light
Curious Expedition
Darklands
Domina
Dungeon of the Endless
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Feist
Faster than Light
Grim Dawn
Imagine Earth
Jotun
Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth
Kerbal Space Program
Legend of Heroes
Legends of Eisenwald
Memoria
Mirror's Edge
Mount & Blade
Night in the Woods
Northgard
Offworld Trading Company
Oknytt
Ori and the Blind Forest
Pyre
Satellite Reign
Stanley Parable
Tyranny
Undertale
Wasteland 2

Pharad
02-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Usually I play my games right after I buy them, however, the Rage game I bought very cheap a while ago remains unplayed.. some day..

Ian
14-04-2019, 12:54 PM
Epic
Slime Rancher
The Witness

Origin
Dead Space

Steam
Bioshock Remastered
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite
Capsized
Crosscells
Door Kickers
Far Cry 5
Flame in the Flood
Goat Simulator
Hotline Miami 2
Life is Strange
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Sonic Mania
Thief
Windward

Twitch
Broforce
Broken Age
Dear Esther
Guild of Dungeoneering
Her Story
Hue
Hyper Light Drifter
Jotun
Kingsway
Metal Slug 2
Orwell
Pikuniku
Psychonauts
QUBE 2
Republique
Serial Cleaner
Swords of Ditto
Tyranny

Crossing off Wolfenstein 2 (tired of it), Heat Signature (ongoing but I've played a load of it) and Talos Principle (not finished but won't mind if I don't.)

I think I've added more freebies on there since then. :moop:

Shindig
14-04-2019, 01:38 PM
The Metal Slugs will have infinite continues so you can just force your way through them on an afternoon.

Ian
15-04-2019, 06:23 AM
Well I had a look at Slime Rancher which looks lovely but not my cup of while-the-hours-away darjeeling. The first time I came back and a rock slime had somehow found it's way into, and eaten, my chickens I realised that while I enjoyed reading about slime-based catastrophes in reviews and stuff I have no special desire to clean them up myself constantly.

Made a start on Pikuniku which is is a splendid little thing.

Shindig
15-04-2019, 06:35 AM
I'm halfway through God Hand at the minute. Only playing it on easy but I've found my first proper wall. Not a fan of there being no lock-on but the rest is fun. And now the disc is scratched.

Off the list it goes. I've got what I needed from it.

Shindig
15-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Here's my six monthly check-in.

What went
International Karate + (PSX)
Final Fantasy VI (PSX)
Monaco GP Racing Simulation 2 (PSX)
Hitman Contracts (PS2)
Killer7 (PS2)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PS2)
Grand Prix Challenge (PS2)
WRC 2: Extreme (PS2)
WRC 4 (PS2)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
GT Sport (PS4)
Tetris Effect (PS4)
Resident Evil 3 (GC)
Forza Horizon (360)
Interational Track and Field (XBLA)

Which leaves me with:

PC (5)
Mafia
Far Cry
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2
Assetto Corsa
Rome Total War

PSX (4)
Tomb Raider II
Final Fantasy VII
Abe's Odyssey
Syphon Filter 2

PS2 (11)
Bully
Final Fantasy XII
Splinter Cell
Shinobi
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Final Fantasy X
Viewtiful Joe
SSX Tricky

PS3 (4)
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil 5

PS4 (8)
NBA 2K14
Witcher 3
Monster Hunter World
Project CARS
DRIVECLUB
Hitman Season 2
Resident Evil 2 Remake

Not too many things there I can easily knock off. Spent the week working through the old F1 and rally games so feel like taking a break.

Ian
15-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Epic
The Witness

Origin
Dead Space

Steam
Bioshock Remastered
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite
Capsized
Door Kickers
Far Cry 5
Flame in the Flood
Goat Simulator
Hotline Miami 2
Life is Strange
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Sonic Mania
Thief
Windward

Twitch
Broforce
Broken Age
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hue
Hyper Light Drifter
Jotun
Kingsway
Metal Slug 2
Psychonauts
QUBE 2
Republique
Serial Cleaner
Swords of Ditto
Tyranny

Crossing off:
- Slime Rancher. It is a lovely thing but too busywork-y for my tastes.
- Crosscells. Just didn't like it as much as the Hexcells games.
- Her Story. Which I liked a lot. Love me an investi-thing
- Orwell. Like the idea, couldn't get into it though.
- Pikuniku. A funny, bizarre game. Liked it a lot.
- The Talos Principle. The philosphy lectures and story did nothing for me but I liked the puzzles.

I am still toiling away at Bioshock in bitesize pieces.

EDIT: Dear Esther's gone. Too slow and obtuse even for me.

Ian
23-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Epic

Origin
Dead Space

Steam
Bioshock Remastered
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite
Capsized
Door Kickers
Far Cry 5
Flame in the Flood
Goat Simulator
Hotline Miami 2
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Sonic Mania
Thief
Windward

Twitch
Broforce
Broken Age
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hue
Hyper Light Drifter
Jotun
Kingsway
Metal Slug 2
Psychonauts
QUBE 2
Serial Cleaner
Swords of Ditto
Tyranny

Crossing off:
- Life is Strange. I must have only had this on some sort of offer as I uninstalled it and it's gone off my Steam list entirely. Oh well.
- Republique. Stealth and tech hackery should be right up my alley but the hands-off feel of it is I think what caused it to not grab me so I'm not gonna persevere.
- The Witness. I'd just finished The Talos Principle which I enjoyed and thought it would hit a similar spot for me. However it's all just a bit obtuse. The world is gorgeous but I dunno why I'm in it and I really can't be arsed having to work out the rules of a puzzle while also trying to solve it, often with little feedback of why what I thought was the solution is wrong. It was a lovely thing to mooch about in for a couple of hours but nah.

I'd nearly bought the Witness a few times so I'm glad I got to draw the above conclusion for free.

Shindig
23-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Yeah, they try to show the logic in those tutorial panels but it doesn't take much for you to lose your way. The marsh was a nightmare for me. When they layer two mechanics on top of each other, I get sidetracked as well.

Ian
27-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Epic

Origin
Dead Space

Steam
Behold the Kickmen
Burly Men at Sea
Bioshock Remastered
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite
Capsized
Chuchel
Door Kickers
Far Cry 5
Flame in the Flood
Globesweeper
Goat Simulator
Hotline Miami 2
Mutant Year Zero: The Road to Eden
NEO Scavenger
Prison Architect
Psychonauts
Sonic Mania
Tametsi
Thief
Windward

Twitch
Broforce
Broken Age
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hue
Hyper Light Drifter
Jotun
Kingsway
Metal Slug 2
Psychonauts
QUBE 2
Serial Cleaner
Swords of Ditto
Tyranny

The bolded ones added via Steam sale. Under a tenner for the lot. Maybe one or two more bigger purchases to come.

Pharad
04-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Here it goes:

House of Caravan
Bohemian Killing
Gemini Rue
Angels with Scaly Wings
BATTLETECH (https://www.eneba.com/steam-battletech-digital-deluxe-edition-steam-key-global)
Little Nightmares
KHOLAT
Burly Men at Sea
RUINER
Rain World
This Is the Police

Really hope to reduce this during my next holiday

Ian
04-07-2019, 07:25 AM
There's the eneba link. :drool:

Pepe
04-07-2019, 10:54 AM
So good. :drool:

I feel like clicking his link just to support him. He's one of us.

Ian
04-07-2019, 11:19 AM
If we ever bother doing the awards again we should create a best bot category. He'll be a shoo-in with the only competition being Randrew if a transfer window is open at the time.

Shindig
04-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Nah, lenience towards bots is how the first board died. Phonics is on a slippery slope. Either ask it out or ban it, phonics.

phonics
04-07-2019, 07:23 PM
I did ask it out and now we're married. It's the best thing to happen to this place in years. I might try code something to make it more obvious that it's a bot. Our spam filter filters 99.999% of them but this one is just too good for the algorithm to recognise.

If it manages to make a post that adheres to the thread format in the 'Top 5 Anything' thread I'm giving it admin permission.

Ian
04-07-2019, 08:00 PM
I did ask it out and now we're married. It's the best thing to happen to this place in years. I might try code something to make it more obvious that it's a bot. Our spam filter filters 99.999% of them but this one is just too good for the algorithm to recognise.

If it manages to make a post that adheres to the thread format in the 'Top 5 Anything' thread I'm giving it admin permission.

Erm....

Top 5 buys from Rockstar on Eneba :beer:

1. GTA V (https://www.eneba.com/rockstar_social_club-grand-theft-auto-v-premium-online-edition-rockstar-social-club-key-global)
2. RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (https://www.eneba.com/xbox-red-dead-redemption-2-xbox-one-xbox-live-key-global)
3. L.A. Noire (https://www.eneba.com/steam-l-a-noire-steam-key-global)
4. Bully (https://www.eneba.com/steam-bully-scholarship-edition-steam-key-global)
5. Megalodon Shark Card (https://www.eneba.com/rockstar_social_club-grand-theft-auto-v-gta-megalodon-shark-cash-card-rockstar-social-club-key-global)

phonics
08-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Well that settles it. Updating now.

SincereTheRebel
10-07-2019, 01:29 PM
My list is now mega.

Pharad
22-07-2019, 06:57 AM
I'm far from a bot guys, your false assumptions literally hurt my human-like feelings, now I'm bleeding emotion. :/

that marketplace is simply awesome, the only reason I'm linking to it is to be of great service to the world of gaming. T_T

Pepe
22-07-2019, 10:23 AM
I lolled.

Ian
18-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Epic

Origin
Dead Space

Steam
Behold the Kickmen
Bioshock Remastered
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite
Capsized
Door Kickers
Far Cry 5
Flame in the Flood
Goat Simulator
Hotline Miami 2
NEO Scavenger
Prison Architect
Prey: Mooncrash
Psychonauts
Tametsi
Thief
Windward

Twitch
Broforce
Broken Age
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hue
Hyper Light Drifter
Jotun
Kingsway
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Psychonauts
QUBE 2
Serial Cleaner
Swords of Ditto
Tyranny

Removed from the list:
- Burly Men at Sea: A very pleasant thing but more repetition than I'm prepared to endure to try and see every path.
- Chuchel: A funny little puzzler. Some of the puzzles come down to a variant of the old adventure game strategy of "just combine everything with everything else" because it's so bizarre there isn't always a lot of logic but the game does give you pointers if you want and need them.
- Globesweeper: Doesn't need to be on the list but I will continue to dip in and out of it. The big triangle globes are glorious, brutal things.
- Mutant Year Zero: The Road to Eden: Loved it, loved it, loved it. Will 100% be getting the DLC at some point.
- Sonic Mania. I'm really conflicted on this but I'm almost certainly done with it. I don't like that it clearly wants you to properly explore levels to find the Emerald challenges and stuff (and I enjoy those challenges) but it really doesn't do anything to encourage you to explore, which irks me. Which is a shame because in any given moment of zooming along I'm generally enjoying myself.

In progress:
- Bioshock. I do want to go back to this. Well, I do and I don't. I've got significantly further than I've got previously but I think I'm still only about a third of the way through. It still just doesn't grab me as much as I love the setting.

- Prey: Mooncrash. I'll be interested to see how long I play this for. I want to at least see all the characters but I'm not bothered enough about the challenge of it that I imagine I'll see it through to a single-run clean sweep.

Still playing a fair bit of Apex too. I don't think Twitch or Epic have given me anything free that I'm bothered about enough to add to this.

Shindig
19-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Might as well post up the ones I've finished so far:

1) Forza Horizon
2) Track and Field
3) Hitman Blood Money HD Enhanced
4) Final Fantasy VI
5) At Sundown: Shots in the Dark
6) Hitman: Contracts
7) Hitman Absolution Enhanced HD
8) Resident Evil 3
9) Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
10) Resident Evil 2 (PSX)
11) Fode
12) Almost There
13) The Fall: Part 2
14) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
15) GT Sport
16) eCrossminton
17) Tetris Effect
18) IK+
19) World War Z
20) God Hand
21) What Remains of Edith Finch
22) Killer7
23) Layers of Fear 2
24) Warhammer: Chaosbane
25) Kid Dracula
26) Monaco GP Racing Simulation 2
27) WRC 2: Extreme
28) Grand Prix Challenge
29) WRC 4
30) Riverbond
31) F1 2019 -
32) The Sinking City
33) Hitman Season 2
34) Horizon Chase Turbo
35) Tetsumo Party
36) Redeemer
37) Splinter Cell
38) Roarr
39) Bully

My PS2 backlog has been destroyed.

phonics
19-11-2019, 10:01 PM
I know no-one wants to see it but I just found this thing on howlongtobeatit.com looking for something else.

https://howlongtobeat.com/steam.php

Pump in your profile and it'll tell you how long it would take to finish your uncompleted Steam library. According to this if I took 6 months off work and went hard at it I could have the lot done in 116 days.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-11-2019, 12:36 AM
150 days and 7 hours.

Ian
20-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Doesn't work for me even though my profile all appears to be public.

Oh well, probably for the best.

Shindig
25-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Dunno if I'll finish owt more before the year's done.

What went
IK+
Final Fantasy VI
Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2
Hitman Contracts
Bully
Splinter Cell
Killer7
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Grand Prix Challenge
WRC 4
WRC 2
Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance
GT Sport
Hitman Season 2
Tetris Effect
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Resident Evil 3
International Track and Field
Forza Horizon

What Remains
Mafia
Far Cry
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
Assetto Corsa
Rome Total War
Tomb Raider II
Final Fantasy VII
Abe's Odyssey
Syphon Filter 2
Final Fantasy XII
Shinobi (PS2)
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Hitman 2
Final Fantasy X
Viewtiful Joe
Resident Evil 5
NBA 2K14
Witcher 3
Monster Hunter World
Project Cars
DriveClub
RE2 Remake
Dead Cells
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Zelda Wind Waker
Metroid Prime 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 0
Gears 1
Gears 2
Witcher 2

Shindig
30-06-2020, 08:26 AM
Six months in, here's what went:

Final Fantasy VII
Shinobi (PS2)
Viewtiful Joe
Grand Prix Legends
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
DRIVECLUB
Super Mario Sunshine
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
GTR

What's left:

Mafia
Far Cry
C&C Red Alert 2
Assetto Corsa
Rome Total War
Tomb Raider II
Abe's Odyssey
Syphon Filter 2
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Enthusia Pro Racing
Sega Mega Drive Collection
Resident Evil 5
Witcher 1
Witcher 2
Witcher 3
Monster Hunter World
Project Cars
Megaman Legacy Colleciton
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Dead Cells
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 0
Gears 1
Gears 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Kikó
30-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Shit that's a lot.

Ian
30-06-2020, 09:05 AM
Flame in the Flood
Prey: Mooncrash
Thief

Gone off my last list but I'd really need to a new one.

Shindig
30-06-2020, 09:23 AM
It never ends, although at least I've only added Witcher 1 to the list this year. I'm buying less but have less time to get into the actual list. Or I'll get a five week gap like the start of lockdown and not feel like any of it.

Ian
30-06-2020, 09:40 AM
I don't think I've added anything this year that I haven't then cleared off other than by claiming freebies. I mean I'm not gonna be adding all 1500 games off that Itch bundle from it, with Pyre done I don't even know what else on there I wanna play.

Shindig
30-06-2020, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I've decided I'm not counting freebies unless I absolutely need to play them. Witcher 2's a freebie but, seeing as I bought the other 2, I have to play it.

Raoul Duke
30-06-2020, 11:19 AM
You need to cut down on playing the dog sex simulator novels

Ian
30-06-2020, 01:03 PM
What Raoul is saying is that it comes to clearing off your list of shame you've really..... screwed the pooch.

Ian
30-06-2020, 01:03 PM
:charm:

Shindig
30-06-2020, 08:29 PM
You need to cut down on playing the dog sex simulator novels

The good thing (the only good thing) about visual novels is you can skip through the dialogue, make your choices and be done in five minutes. I might miss some context but these things are nonsense anyway. Apparently the main dog can teleport to a dog island. She's looking for her brother. All the dogs function as people with jobs and shit. But it's about dogs because dogs no Visual Novel author has ever considered other people exist. Shut-in fantasist cunts.

Shindig
07-12-2020, 07:11 PM
It's that time of year again. I might get another one done but this is what went this year:

Final Fantasy VII
Syphon Filter 2
Viewtiful Joe
Shinobi
Hitman 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Read Dead Redemption
DRIVECLUB
Dead Cells
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario 64

About 28 left.

Shindig
01-08-2021, 05:54 PM
Haven't updated in a while. I'm down to these:

Monster Hunter World (although I've got it for free now and might sack the physical copy off)
Resident Evil 5
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
MGS: Peace Walker
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Colin McRae 2005
SSX Tricky
Metroid Prime 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 0
Tomb Raider II
System Shock
System Shock 2
C&C: Red Alert 2
Far Cry
Rome Total War
3D Lemmings
Gears 2

It's odd to see the backlog looking so trim. I'm not feeling Witcher 2 much so might let that one slide. It was another freebie so I can strike it off the list. Still too many RPGs. Matters are complicated by the fact I don't have a spare space to bring the PS3/360 downstairs, too.

Yevrah
04-08-2021, 04:02 PM
I’ve got about 200 on my list. I should start working through it while FIFA is a bit dead.

Shindig
18-12-2021, 08:34 PM
Don't know if I'll honestly get anything else off my plate so here is 2022's problem:

Monster Hunter World
Nioh 2
Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Colin McRae 2005
SSX Tricky
Metroid Prime 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 0
Zelda: Links Awakening
Tomb Raider II
System Shock 2
Duke Nukem 3D
Rome Total War
Final Doom
Master Levels for Doom 2
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War
Halo: Master Chief Collection. That's six of the bastards.
Gears of War 2

I knew this would happen as soon as I got a PC that could run things.

Ian
18-12-2021, 09:22 PM
With Game Pass I've long since given up on any notion of the list.

Shindig
18-12-2021, 09:28 PM
The PS Plus ones and freebies don't count for me. If I paid money for it, I should make an effort to clear it.

Shindig
31-12-2021, 08:57 PM
As a bonus, here's what I finished this year. It includes reviews and stuff I replayed. I figure just posting titles without context is the best way to go.

1) The Witcher 3
2) Bonkies
3) Gears of War
4) Vera Blanc and the Ghost of the Castle
5) Resident Evil 2Make
6) How to Take Off Your Mask Remastered
7) Soma
8 ) Monster Jam: Steel Titans 2
9) Spooky Chase
9) Dreaming Sarah
10) Into a Dream
11) Kaze and the Wild Masks
12) Sumatra: The Fate of Yandi
13) C14 Dating
14) Abzu
15) Ravensword: Shadowlands
16) Castlevania
17) Detroit: Become Human
18) Angels with Scaly Wings
19) Project Cars
20) Train Sim World 2
21) Gutwhale
22) Formula 1
23) Fez
24) A Little Lily Princess
25) Virtua Fighter 5
26) Alex Kidd in Miracle World
27) Ratchet and Clank
28) Cross the Moon
29) Demon Souls (PS5)
30) Astro's Playroom
31) F1 2021
32) Superhot
33) Doom (1993)
34) Golf Club Wasteland
35: Doom II
36) Bugsnax
37) Chivalry II
38) Control
39) Takorita Meets Fries
40) System Shock
41) Hitman (PS5)
42) Train Station Renovation
43) A Gummy's Life
44) Probe - A Game Dev Experience
45) Hitman 2 (PS5)
46) Hitman 3
47) Hermitage: Strange Case Files
48) Reminiscence in the Night
49) Shinrai: Broken Beyond Despair
50) Prince of Landis
51) 3D Lemmings
52) Twogether: Project Indigo: Chapter 1
53) Doom Eternal
54) Rubber Bandits
55) A Year of Springs
56) Way Down
57) Quake Remastered
58 ) Furi

Try and guess which ones are visual novels.

randomlegend
31-12-2021, 11:42 PM
Don't know if I'll honestly get anything else off my plate so here is 2022's problem:

Monster Hunter World
Nioh 2
Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Colin McRae 2005
SSX Tricky
Metroid Prime 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 0
Zelda: Links Awakening
Tomb Raider II
System Shock 2
Duke Nukem 3D
Rome Total War
Final Doom
Master Levels for Doom 2
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War
Halo: Master Chief Collection. That's six of the bastards.
Gears of War 2

I knew this would happen as soon as I got a PC that could run things.

I hope you've got 500 hours spare if you're planning to start MHW.

Shindig
31-12-2021, 11:44 PM
I ... erm ... it's one of those games when credits roll at about 30, right? RIGHT!?

randomlegend
01-01-2022, 10:38 AM
Base game took me about 80 hours I think. Iceborne story I finished at about 200 I guess. I'm at 300 hours now and still haven't finished the post game content.

Gray Fox
23-08-2022, 02:16 AM
So I got a PS5 on launch and despite it being a great bit of kit, I've not touched those PlayStation exclusives I'd missed out on as a long time Xbox user. Along with some other games along the way.
Also recently built the new family PC and made it capable of some great 1440p gameplay. Given that the amount of games I play multiplayer now has basically reduced to FIFA and that there really isn't a PS5 exclusive game coming out in the near future, I'm now wondering if or not to cash in on it. Even now CeX will give me almost everything back that I paid. I was thinking about buying a Switch as there's some games on there I'd love to play(new pokemon game also coming soon) and the PC should have everything else covered. All I'd need there is an Xbox controller to plug into it as my fingers dont do mouse and keyboard.

I do however not want to do this before ticking some games off first in a sort of last ditch effort to get back into gaming. To put the timescale out there the last games I properly enjoyed playing that weren't FIFA, were Tom Clancys Divison 2 and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
I've tried BF2042 with the PS5, but found it a mess at the time. However Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 was good fun. Perhaps mainly because it didn't bollocks about with a story and you just shot up some people from far away.
In any case the list I want to work through:

Far Cry 6
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Horizon: Forbidden West
The Last of Us 1 & 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Stray
Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Miles Morales

I'll be starting with Far Cry 6 as it's the only one I actually own the copy of. Thankfully for me I think the rest are all on PS+ Extra. Ideal situation is to try and finish 1 per week, though I hear the Stray and Miles Morales games are quite short.

Ian
23-08-2022, 09:40 AM
Yeah I think I read at the time that Miles Morales is a fairly short one.

Raoul Duke
23-08-2022, 10:17 AM
No God Of War? Should definitely have that on the list

Gray Fox
23-08-2022, 06:17 PM
Yes! I knew I’d forgot one.

Shindig
31-10-2022, 08:36 PM
Now the reviewing is done, I've put together a big list of what's in my PS4/5 library.

I have 469 games in total.
Of these, I've finished 271 of them.
295 of them are review copies.
100-ish of these review copies have not been finished.

That last one sounds terrifying but 30-odd of them are sports/racing games. There's also maybe a dozen roguelikes and Metroidvanias. Some of them are just plain shite. I'm working my way through the good ones.

My average review score is 6.4/10. What an optimist. The Witness is my only 10. I've only gone as low as 3/10 five times.

Ian
31-10-2022, 10:30 PM
Couldn't get on with the Witness.

Shindig
31-10-2022, 10:46 PM
It is basically Jonathan Blow being a big indulgent dickhead. I like how they manage to keep line puzzles relatively fresh and the island does have a reason to exist. Even if that reason is, "I'm Jonathan Blow and I'm here to sell you on new age bullshit."

Shindig
25-12-2022, 08:31 PM
It's the season. Here's the 56 games I beat this year.

1) Doom 64
2) Forgotten Hills Disillusion
3) Battle Brothers
4) Sekiro
5) Mortal Kombat XL
6) Eternal Radiance
7) Kinduo
8) Maquette
9) Concrete Genie
10) Kansei
11) Tearaway Unfolded
12) Vampire Survivors
13) The Song of Space
14) In My Shadow
15) Blackberry Honey
16) Gran Turismo 7
17) WWE 2K22
18) Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus
19) Vengeful Heart
20) Sonic 3
21) The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature
22) TAPE: Unveil the Memories
23) MotoGP 22
24) Elden Ring
25) Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers
27) 1942
28) Quake 2
29) Destroy All Humans: Clone Carnage
30) System of Souls
31) The Adventures of Chris
32) Castelvania Anniversary Collection
33) Quintus and the Absent Truth
34) eFootball 2022
36) THPS 1+2
37) Wolfenstein 3D
38) Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny
39) Saints Row (new one)
40) Isonzo
41) Chenso Club
42) Dakar Desert Rally
43) SUPERHOT
44) Watcher Chronicles
45) Dead Cells
46) Injustice 2
47) Forma.8
48) TOEM
49) WRC Generations
48) Alba: A Wildlife Adventure
49) Adam's Venture: Origins
50) Sifu
51) Ether One
52) Sable
53) Absolver
54) Lumo
55) Steamworld Dig
56) Wavetale

Glad to be rid of the review work, to be honest.