PDA

View Full Version : Destiny

Pleb
18-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Is it worth getting the new game with all of the addons on the next gen etc?

Andrew
26-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Didn't think much of the demo, but just picked up the basic game off Ebay for 4 quid so going to give it a try.

Alex
14-01-2016, 09:42 PM
I've been playing this again over the last few weeks. I bought it at the time of release and got bored after about two days, but it's clicked with me a lot more this time. The "story" is still a complete shambles though. It's almost non-existent. I didn't realise I was on the last mission of the basic game until I "completed" it and still had no fucking clue what was going on.

I got the DLC yesterday, so I'll crack on with that at some point. Bungie's pricing model is completely fucked for that. It would have cost me £40 to buy the three DLC's as a bundle on the XB1 store. Amazon are selling the Taken King edition of the game (that's the base game plus all current DLC) for £25, which makes absolutely no sense. So obviously I did it that way.

John
27-01-2016, 10:26 AM
I've been playing this again over the last few weeks. I bought it at the time of release and got bored after about two days, but it's clicked with me a lot more this time. The "story" is still a complete shambles though. It's almost non-existent. I didn't realise I was on the last mission of the basic game until I "completed" it and still had no fucking clue what was going on.

The 'story' is just an excuse to get Peter Dinklage in. Past that it's just Streets of Rage with aliens.

Gray Fox
28-01-2016, 07:48 PM
The 'story' is just an excuse to get Peter Dinklage in. Past that it's just Streets of Rage with aliens.

It doesn't even have Dinklage any more. For some reason they decided to replace him and have someone re-dub the entire of the Ghosts' lines. If you play the game now you'd never have known he was involved.