PDA

View Full Version : The Music Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lee
18-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Apple Music has had me re-discovering loads of stuff I'd half-forgotten about.

The last week has been about the new Libertines album, Anthems for Doomed Youth.

'You're My Waterloo' and 'Dead for Love' are cracking songs.

What are we listening to, lads?

Magic
18-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Do you not like Gungadin?

leedsrevolution
18-09-2015, 09:55 PM
I really like the new Libertines stuff. It's a solid album. Belly of the beast is my favourite.

Reg
18-09-2015, 10:01 PM
I'm listening to Grandma's Hands as it popped up on my Discover Weekly Spotify playlist.

I had no idea that No Diggity (Blackstreet & Dre) sampled the intro.

Lee
18-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Do you not like Gungadin?

I do, just more in the mood for the slower stuff at the minute.

Demerit
18-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Apple music is excellent, give it a 20 minute listen every morning whilst I'm getting ready. It's essentially spotify, but its more intuitive to your tastes.

CJay
19-09-2015, 07:48 AM
I do not like Apple Music in the slightest. I think it has a horrible design, it's slow, it's hard to navigate, and worst of all, combines my library with what I own and what I've downloaded to be available offline. As well as ruining the artwork for some of my music collection with it's iCloud thing.

Vim
19-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Since a few weeks ago Spotify has a "Discover Weekly" feature, every Monday it makes a 30-song playlist with songs you should like given what you listen to. It's extremely useful, it gave me a lot of songs that I know I've heard before but had no idea of the title.

Reg
23-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Mama Said by the Shirelles https://open.spotify.com/track/3lW1paWWplWJIDbQCSM288

I absolutely love this kind of music. Makes me want to live in the times it was around.

Here's a different version too. https://open.spotify.com/track/5rrXkymfQdhNBgBZ3BUVbB

Blitz
23-09-2015, 09:31 PM
What's the difference between this thread, and "A thread (ten songs etc.)"?

Raoul Duke
23-09-2015, 09:33 PM
10 songs is meant to be a #nowplaying kinda thing really. It's morphed into a general indie (ish) thread though.

Blitz
23-09-2015, 09:39 PM
I see. Close enough to each other to use only the one though? Or do we have a moar freds>less freds policy?

Reg
23-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah I really didn't know which thread to use. Mods/the people can decide.

Offshore Toon
24-09-2015, 07:21 PM
That thread became the indie thread because other genres had other threads. I keep forgetting to listen to The Libertines' new album. Been hearing good things, though.

Benny
24-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Recently been listening to The Flatliners, which are a kinda punkier version of Gaslight Anthem, I guess. Really good though.

Pen
24-09-2015, 08:35 PM
The Libertines new album had somehow passed me by completely. I need to get on that this weekend.

Josh
25-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Will mostly be trying out the new Chrvches and Disclosure albums this weekend.

Magic
23-11-2015, 03:34 PM
So I've been so struck by Benny Clementine I've actually went and bought his album. Yes, bought. First time since Chocolate Starfish. I feel...strange. Away to have a listen now. :drool:

wullie
23-11-2015, 03:42 PM
He's got a hard act to follow.

Magic
23-11-2015, 03:43 PM
:baz:

It only cost a fiver too as MP3 download from Amazon. I might buy C Duncan's album too.

wullie
23-11-2015, 03:52 PM
I increasingly find that it's cheaper to buy the CD version over the mp3 on Amazon, which suits me as I prefer to have an actual thing when I'm paying for it but it doesn't feel like it makes sense.

Magic
23-11-2015, 03:53 PM
£7.99 for the CD. £20 for the Vinyl. I'd love to be a vinyl pervert, though.

igor_balis
23-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Can't remember the last time I paid for music, other than spotify or picking up stuff in charity shops. Probably some shite NME landfill-indie in 2005ish...maybe a Futureheads EP? Jesus.

Oh, and a few bits and pieces for relatives as half-baked presents - The Suburbs by Arcade Fire and The Hounds of Love by Kate Bush have been stocking fillers for my mother, and the ultimate very best definitive Rat Pack collection volume 8 for my nan.

Spammer
23-11-2015, 03:59 PM
I actually think The Libertines' self-titled album was the last music I paid for, about ten years ago.

phonics
23-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Last albums I bought were the year Virgin Megastores shut down. I absolutely raided them.

igor_balis
23-11-2015, 04:02 PM
I actually think The Libertines' self-titled album was the last music I paid for, about ten years ago.

Ha, I downloaded that and Up The Bracket, but paid £5 on Ebay for a really badly made CD-R of 'B SIDES AND RARITIES'. I was a troubled teen.

Magic
23-11-2015, 04:02 PM
God remember mooching about these shitty record stores looking for cool CDs with 'PARENTAL ADVISORY' on them? :drool:

Spammer
23-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Anything with parental advisory was cool, in my book.

Limp Bizkit's 'Hot Dog' was the coolest song ever made for a while. Then it was "FUCKING FUCKING FUCK" by Splatpattern, and then I grew up.

I'd link to Splatpattern if I wasn't at work. It's on Youtube.

igor_balis
23-11-2015, 04:05 PM
I never really had that phase - I skipped straight from musically disinterested weirdo to unbearable 'indie kid' when I was about 14, without the edgy splipknot and linkin park bit in-between.

wullie
23-11-2015, 04:19 PM
I veered between everything at the same time, going from Ice Cube to a Divine Comedy track about some lovely leather books.

phonics
23-11-2015, 04:21 PM
I went from Nu-Metal to Hip-Hop and never went back. What I'm trying to say is Linkin Park is my jam. I never liked to admit it when I was a teen afraid of being judged but Meteora is a pretty perfect album.

Magic
23-11-2015, 04:25 PM
I loved the American 'fuck you' stuff (not extreme) but like Offspring, Green Day, Blink etc. That was before I got in to 'better' music like Libertines, Arctics etc. I was well in to heavier stuff at that time too though like Slipknot, Deftones, Papa Roach (:harold:). I got in to Coldplay for a bit too, rap was always a constant though. Then old stuff like Sabbath and The Who etc.

What I'm saying is I liked everything really apart from fucking pop.

phonics
23-11-2015, 04:27 PM
"I hate pop music. Have you heard of that Coldplay?"

Magic
23-11-2015, 04:29 PM
I meant the factory produced shit. At least Boreplay write their own shit.

Magic
23-11-2015, 04:33 PM
REVIEW: At Least For Now - Benjamin Clementine

Beautiful album. He is some piano player, I suppose it's not technically the best and no mesmorising solos but the melodies go absolutely hand in hand with the mood and lyrics of the songs. It's an autobiography (is there a musical version of that term?) about his struggles in life and how he's fought through it (a bit more than a parent breakup or failing his GCSEs).

I just loved it. A must listen, to be honest.

Boydy
23-11-2015, 04:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK_0jXPuIr0

:rave:

igor_balis
23-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Pop can be pretty great, even the heavily produced stuff, as long as the songwriting and production itself is good. See: Girls Aloud.

Spammer
23-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Black Sabbath's Paranoid was a top, top fucking album, both when I was 14 and now.

wullie
23-11-2015, 05:08 PM
I don't really care about whether a singer wrote or produced their own stuff, it's like farting about with organic food. A large amount of Motown was conveyor belt stuff, it took Stevie Wonder a few years to go free range.

Magic
23-11-2015, 05:09 PM
It adds something for me, feels a bit more genuine and sincere. But it's only in manufactured pop that it highly fucks me off.

wullie
23-11-2015, 05:16 PM
I've seen X-Factor enough to know that you just need to add a choir to any song and you can not only make it your own, but smash it at the same time. Comfort zone.

igor_balis
27-11-2015, 05:23 PM
After discussing the shock at finding out a few albums I got when they were released came out 10 years ago, I was going back through some stuff I used to listen to, and found this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxgyC7o6ZJY

Under-appreciated indie classic, or just nostalgia?

Boydy
27-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Nostalgia.

The main guy looks like Phonics.

igor_balis
27-11-2015, 05:28 PM
I thought they looked like a bunch of wankers even then, but I still reckon that first Mystery Jets album is alright. no h8rz plz

igor_balis
27-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Not that I think Phonics looks like a wanker, mind. x

Magic
27-11-2015, 05:30 PM
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f226/353295d1334415046-nurse-feeding-deformed-child-actor_stoltz_mask.jpg

Also lol shite.

igor_balis
27-11-2015, 05:37 PM
yeah but you only like bands with members who look like people who beat me up at primary school

Magic
27-11-2015, 05:39 PM
yeah but you only like bands with members who look like people who beat me up at primary school

Love Wham! iirc.

igor_balis
27-11-2015, 05:40 PM
i was praising your diverse taste

Magic
27-11-2015, 05:42 PM
I was praising your courage for coming through school without at least one attempt on your own life.

EDIT: That's not true. :( :wub:

igor_balis
27-11-2015, 05:52 PM
You can't fool me, Magic.

igor_balis
16-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Just bought Yeah Yeah Yeah The Story of Modern Pop by Bob Stanley. Very highly rated book about pop music history.

"Bob Stanley's Yeah Yeah Yeah tells the chronological story of the modern pop era, from its beginnings in the fifties with the dawn of the charts, vinyl, and the music press, to pop's digital switchover in the year 2000, from Rock Around the Clock to Crazy In Love. It was more than just music - it could be your whole life.

Yeah Yeah Yeah covers the birth of rock, soul, punk, disco, hip hop, indie, house and techno. It also includes the rise and fall of the home stereo, Top Of The Pops, Smash Hits and "this week's highest new entry". Yeah Yeah Yeah is the first book to look back at the entire era: what we gained, what we lost, and the foundations we laid for future generations.

There have been many books on pop but none have attempted to bring the whole story to life, from Billy Fury and Roxy Music to TLC and Britney via Led Zeppelin and Donna Summer. Audacious and addictive, Yeah Yeah Yeah is essential reading for all music lovers. It will remind you why you fell in love with pop music in the first place."

Sounds pretty great.

Magic
17-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Listening to the Marshall Mathers LP. :cool:

Toby
17-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Don't go getting any ideas now.

Magic
17-03-2016, 04:27 PM
You don't...wanna fuck with Magic...coz Magic...will fucking get you banned.

igor_balis
17-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Just reading the intro to that book, didn't realise it was by one of the blokes outta Saint Etienne. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZAajrxvDs4

Magic
29-03-2016, 04:25 PM
I've just downloaded a cuntload of albums:

Bjork - Debut
Bob Marley - Legend
Fleetwood Mac- Rumours
Iggy - Raw Power
Jamie XX - In Colour
Joy Division - Closer
LCD Soundsystem - Self Titled
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
REM - Automatic for the People
Radiohead - OK Computer
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
The Strokes - Is This It?
Stone Roses - Self Titled
Portishead - Dummy
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
De La Soul - 3 Feet High
Roxy Music - Stranded

Giggles
29-03-2016, 04:30 PM
As Meatloaf might say, two out of nineteen ain't bad.

Magic
06-06-2016, 02:59 PM
First time I heard the original on the radio the other day. Absolutely mesmerising. Stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdH_xOIlbbk

-james-
06-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Bands I saw this week:

Goat - Exactly as they sound on record, but you get to watch weirdo Swedes prance about in funny outfits. 6/10

Stara Rzeka - Polish multi-instrumentalist who made a lot of noise. 7/10

Beak> - Seemed pretty up for it and so were the crowd, a pleasing gig. 8/10

A.R. Kane - One of the bands I was most excited for, but they were crap. Reunited by one of the original duo, with his sister and some child making up the band. Presumably he can't sing the songs any more so he's slowed everything down and made every song a shoegaze song. 3/10*

Floating Points - Killed it. I'm not really arsed about his stuff on record but the live show is fucking rad.*9/10

LCD Soundsystem - Watched most of it from about a mile back but it looked pretty good. Will need to get a proper seat at Glastonbury. 8/10

Moses Sumney - One of those things I have no interest in listening to on a day to day basis but is very enjoyable to watch. Mad vocal range and cool loop stuff. 8/10

Radiohead - I thought some of it fell a bit flat (Burn the Witch, Idioteque), but mostly it was fucking incredible. Could hear a pin drop during Nude, and you can't really beat a Karma Police singalong. 9/10

Holly Herndon - It's obviously quite hard to make her stuff interesting in a live setting as all she can do is press play, but she made an effort with some vocal tricks/cool visuals/a transvestite dancer. I like the album loads so*it didn't really matter tbh. 8/10

The Avalances - Feel like I could have heard this down any half decent nightclub on a Friday night. 4/10

Boredoms - Japanese bands are always good. 7/10

US Girls - Presumably they couldn't afford a band so just played to a backing track. They shouldn't have bothered. 2/10

Brian Wilson - Wasn't really that bothered about seeing him, but it was pretty good. Can't really go wrong when he brings about 10 people along and everyone knows all the songs. 7/10

Drive Like Jehu - Big highlight. Can't believe how good they were*for a reformed 90s band. So tight. 9/10

PJ Harvey - She dresses like a 20 year old at Glastonbury, but I'll let her off. New stuff sounded great, old stuff did too. 8/10

Julia Holter - She's so perfect. Better than when I saw her in Glasgow this year. Horns Surrounding Me is so good live. 8/10

Neil Young - Half way through (after Alabama, Words, Down by the River) I was thinking it was the best thing I'd ever seen, but I think he got a bit bored after that and started making songs 20 minutes long for no reason. He still sounds incredible though, probably the closest thing to a "rock god" i've ever seen. 9/10

Shindig
06-06-2016, 08:19 PM
RM Hubbert's back in Newcastle next week. I'm considering going again because he's always a mint gig.

Manc
06-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Magic's list is so hit and miss. Jamie XX though. :cool:

Magic
06-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Bjork - Debut

Wow. As a debut(ish) it's bloody sublime. How refreshing it must have been when it appeared. Such powerful vocals, great lyrics and a driving Matrix-like soundtrack pushing everything along wonderfully. Definitely one of my favourites now, could listen to it all day.

Fleetwood Mac- Rumours

No journey of discovery here. I knew already what a sublime album this was, with all it's love and beauty there's pain and fear intertwined around every crotchet. Christine McVie's dulcet tones are the surprise here. The absolute opposite of Nicks' sharp, raw, screamy voice. Fantastic.

Jamie XX - In Colour

I said in another thread, maybe the Mercury one, that I didn't quite get why this was nominated. It was supposed to be an award for something totally different and out of the box. In Colour, to me at least, the first time round sounded like something you'd hear on Radio 1 and instantly forget about. However, the second time, the third time, the fourth time, there was something different. Another path that you were lead down, or indeed up, into space. It had an intergalactic feel to it, of wonder, of exploration. Whether or not this was the intention I don't know, but it's so open to interpretation I'm having it. So fuck off.

Joy Division - Closer

What a pile of shit. For the record I actually don't mind New Order at all, however I just could not get to grips with Joy Division. Thank fuck the singer offed himself.

LCD Soundsystem - Self Titled

Great. Really cool little album and a very easy listener. It's my go to album when it's sunny outside and I'm driving.

Massive Attack - Blue Lines

Mmm. Another one I just couldn't get in to. Seemed a noisy, disjointed early 90s black album. Big pile of meh.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

I don't think I need to review this, really. Is Kind of Blue a Best Of? It sounds like it. I listened to it all on the way up to Inverness and it was the perfect back drop for this wonderful jazz compilation.

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

Yeah I do like PJ, this album annoyed me though, maybe it was the quality but I really, REALLY struggle to make out the lyrics. Given that's kind of like THE WHOLE POINT of PJH it's a bit self defeating. You shouldn't have to Google every fucking song to find out what she's saying. And it's disappointing because they are actually really good.

REM - Automatic for the People

Oh just stunning. Absolutely stunning. What a revelation. Every single track is beautiful, poignant and grabs your attention right the way through.I adore this album, it was a big part of my childhood anyway but I definitely didn't appreciate it. One of the best of all time. GREAT.

Radiohead - OK Computer

Miles better than the current stuff. It's very band driven, as opposed to electronic wankiness. Some tracks on it are a bit...erm. However overall it's a very listenable early noughties album. The talent on show is evident. Wish they'd go back to their roots.

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

I like this a lot. If you look past the fact that Morrisey is an absolute tosspot they were a brilliant band. Marr's guitar is something else. Not something I can just turn on and listen to though, have to be in the mood. Possibly a bit disenfranchised? Yeah. That's the one for me.

The Strokes - Is This It?

Simply to die for. Again big part of my early to late teens. Last Night was one of the first songs we did as a cover in the band. I had no idea about the rest of the album though. It is amazimg. Hugely catchy, dirty, grungy but also packs an indie rock punch.

Stone Roses - Self Titled

Great album, ahead of it's time really and it's amazing it came from such a bunch of cunts. First heard Fools Gold on FIFA. Sad. I think they're under-rated in an over-rated type way, as in a huge bunch of morons like them but not for the right reasons.

Roxy Music - Stranded

I'm getting there. Has some good offerings and others a bit meh. Not managed to listen to it right the way through yet, might make that my mission tomorrow. I really want to get in to 80s pop as there's loads of great stuff kicking about there, just need to know where to look.

:)

Reg
06-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Kind of Blue isn't a compilation, it's just awesome. :cool:

Magic
06-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Kind of Blue isn't a compilation, it's just awesome. :cool:

I couldn't check at the time of writing as my shitty internet was down. I'm rather amazed it isn't. It has that feel of years of work and experience and someone ace at production putting it all together. Awesome indeed.

Raoul Duke
06-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Wasn't a lot of it improvised?

Lewis
06-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Closer is the best album on your gay little list.

Reg
06-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Probably, most jazz is. But not as wild or on the spot as stuff like Bitches Brew.

I think there's a collection of Kind of Blue stuff where you can listen to all the takes for each track. So they chose the best improvisations etc I guess.

Magic
06-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Closer is the best album on your gay little list.

:harold:

Magic
14-06-2016, 01:35 PM
So I was watching my old videos of the band back, sounds pretty good mane.

6-7-8-900 views, pretty good right. Until I realised my most watched video was:

Clio DCi Injector popped off (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JePaa_XwcqA)with 19,234 views. :D

Magic
11-07-2016, 03:05 PM
I tried Joy Division AGAIN, I just don't get it. Coming off when I can be bothered.

Really in to Tom Waits though, and I've got Nick Cave's discography too.

Also Velvet Underground's '67 album.

Spammer
11-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Really got into Supertramp again recently. I went mad for them a while back but only really listened to the best of and didn't get anything else for some reason. They're fucking great.

igor_balis
11-07-2016, 04:19 PM
I tried Joy Division AGAIN, I just don't get it.

New Order>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joy Division.

My mate actually had a go at me for saying I thought Joy Division were a bit crap the other day. Pussy.

In other music related chat, XTC are fucking great.

leedsrevolution
11-07-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm not really a huge fan of either. I do prefer Joy Division though, but that's just because I love the song "Disorder".

I really like Paul Simons new stuff and Jeff Lynne's ELO most recent album.

Magic
11-07-2016, 04:44 PM
I also really don't like Massive Attack.

leedsrevolution
11-07-2016, 04:46 PM
If someone could please explain Animal Collective to me that would be brilliant.

-james-
11-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Listen to Merriweather Post Pavillion. If you don't like that, you won't like any of it.

On a major PJ Harvey binge at the moment after seeing her live. Working my way backwards through albums but I don't see myself favouring any of them over the two most recent ones. Don't think I know of any other artists whose tenth and eleventh albums are their best.

Raoul Duke
11-07-2016, 10:40 PM
I've been listening to Dark Horses (very BRMC), The Low Anthem's new one (good but a bit too lo-fi), I Am Kloot and the new Bat For Lashes one, which is pretty good. Will Butler (brother of the main guy from Arcade Fire) is good scuzzy rock too.

The Merse
12-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Some new vinyl's -

Crows An Wra - Kakotopia
https://crows-an-wra.bandcamp.com/
Batshit crazy prog punk. Feels very different to their live sound when I last saw them a year ago, which was a had more of a hardcore feel. This is pitched somewhere between Cave-In's acid soaked alt rock grooves and Sonic Youth's more urgent moments. Very good, 4/5.

Shit Present - Shit Present
https://specialistsubject.bandcamp.com/album/shit-present
Basically a UK intelligent Pop Punk super-group and fronted by Iona Cairns, this is right up there with anything she's put out with Great Cynics, which is high praise for tunesmanship, but ultimately is also what's just a tad disappointing about this debut. Lo fi lullaby 'Melbourne' is a standout and opener 'Anxious Type' is as bouncy and energetic as you could hope for. Solid, but expecting more in the long run if these guys stick around, particularly as their live show is a standout on the circuit right now. 3/5

Giants - Break The Cycle
https://giants.bandcamp.com/album/break-the-cycle-album
Abrasive and unrelenting. Equally reminiscent of The Offspring circa Ixnay and the UK Swells period of many of their Holy Roar stablemates. There's a couple of real bangers here and there's never a moment of respite to be had. 3.5/5

Shindig
12-07-2016, 08:23 PM
DJ Shadow's never going to top Endtroducing and The Private Press, is he? The last one's decent but he's clearly in that stage where he's going on so many tangents.

igor_balis
18-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Came to the realisation that Rod Stewart is actually good the other day, having really enjoyed this fairly throwaway single I saw on one of the old TOTPs on BBC4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ41hqlV0Kk

wullie
18-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Skip his showtunes albums and it's almost all good stuff.

Shindig
19-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Pixies UK Tour in December. Hovering around tomorrow's pre-sale like a teenage girl, I am.

Raoul Duke
19-07-2016, 07:54 PM
This lot are my jam for the past few days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDqCcTeSmY

Reg
19-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Have been listening to Fela Kuti a lot this year. Perfect music in this weather.

igor_balis
19-07-2016, 08:34 PM
English Settlement by XTC is a sensationally good album. Listened to Trompe Le Monde again a few times recently, and I still think it is quality and definitely my favourite Pixies album.

Reg
19-07-2016, 09:00 PM
English Settlement by XTC is a sensationally good album. Listened to Trompe Le Monde again a few times recently, and I still think it is quality and definitely my favourite Pixies album.
It's possibly the only Pixies track I've heard but Where Is My Mind? is very good.

igor_balis
19-07-2016, 09:05 PM
It's possibly the only Pixies track I've heard but Where Is My Mind? is very good.

They have loads of HEAVY HITZ.

Here's one, check it out Regie boi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPgf_btTFlc

Reg
19-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Yeah that was pretty cool. :thbup: (Song not matched by the video. :D)

Shindig
19-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Hopefully Kim's touring with them and not the other bassist I don't know the name of.

John
19-07-2016, 09:24 PM
River Euphrates. :drool:

igor_balis
19-07-2016, 10:23 PM
River Euphrates. :drool:

Oh yes, that's one of my favourites. Probably my favourite f black vocal performance.

leedsrevolution
19-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Tickets on sale for Pixies tommorow, playing Leeds in November. Already wanking myself to death at the thought of it. Second time I will of seen em.

Shindig
20-07-2016, 08:05 AM
They've fucked this up. They put every sale down as 2 tickets by default so they're all tied up immediately. General sale it is, then.

leedsrevolution
20-07-2016, 08:12 AM
I just got 3 in Leeds with ease.

Shindig
20-07-2016, 08:14 AM
You selling the other two for smack? Newcastle's sold out.

leedsrevolution
20-07-2016, 09:02 AM
I got tickets for Jamie T as well. Pretty productive morning.

Shindig
22-07-2016, 08:35 AM
Pixies sold out. :(

Adamski
22-07-2016, 03:43 PM
I got tickets for Jamie T as well. Pretty productive morning.

How much were they? Sure I seen them about £60 the sell out.

leedsrevolution
22-07-2016, 05:58 PM
How much were they? Sure I seen them about £60 the sell out.

£26

igor_balis
02-08-2016, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtE0lhuFhn8

Been obsessed with this track for the last week or so. So good.

Magic
02-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Good news that the NHS has been allowed to fund the anti-AIDS pill.

phonics
02-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Good news that the NHS has been allowed to fund the anti-AIDS pill.

Weird place for this post. Just FYI it's not an anti-AIDS pill but a preventative measure of spreading HIV.

Magic
02-08-2016, 02:17 PM
It was in reference to the fucking garbage IB posted.

igor_balis
02-08-2016, 02:22 PM
:dust:

Bernanke
13-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Bon Ivers upcoming album features the following tracklist:

01 22 (OVER S∞∞N)
02 10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⊠ ⊠
03 715 - CRΣΣKS
04 33 “GOD”
05 29 #Strafford APTS
06 666 ʇ
07 21 M♢♢N WATER
08 8 (circle)
09 ____45_____
10 00000 Million

:cab:

Raoul Duke
13-08-2016, 12:17 PM
It's probably just to try and stop people being able to Google it :D

Baz
13-08-2016, 05:24 PM
I've just downloaded some The Streets albums and the second Gorillaz one.

I don't know. :cab:

-james-
13-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Playing the shit out of Male Gaze - King Leer at the moment. Catchy hooks and gloomy vocals over some rad as fuck guitar noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4MykqsIjio

Manc
21-08-2016, 10:03 AM
Bears Den are a bit good. Shades of Mumford.

Giggles
21-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Bears Den are a bit good. Shades of Mumford.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/45909913.jpg

Giggles
21-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Bon Ivers upcoming album features the following tracklist:

:cab:

Hadn't spotted this before. He's not bad at times but that's a sure sign he's had a hundred mile an hour head on collision with the pretentious wall.

bruhnaldo
22-08-2016, 06:06 PM
No one cares about Frank Ocean?

phonics
22-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Only the Andre 3000 verse :drool:

bruhnaldo
22-08-2016, 06:22 PM
:( I really like the album.

White Ferrari :drool: / :cry:

Alex
22-08-2016, 07:38 PM
The album is fantastic, IMO. I was worried he was going to blow it as well. With the constant push-backs and everything, I thought he might be out of ideas and just stalling. It's excellent though. "Self Control" is probably my favourite track on the moment.

Giggles
22-08-2016, 07:40 PM
I'm showing my age now, but I've a 'music from the Goldbergs' Spotify playlist on repeat in the car. So fucking awesome.

Giggles
22-08-2016, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpOULjyy-n8

:cool:

Shindig
22-08-2016, 09:16 PM
So that new Metallica song is kinda alright. Its like old Metallica trying to cover old Metallica. It's a little off but it's okay.

Raoul Duke
09-09-2016, 11:45 PM
New Nick Cave album out :drool:

Dark Soldier
10-09-2016, 01:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhkMpfbWCZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4HIsQRCwjU

Manc
11-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Kol's new song sounds like an extension of Mechanical Bull which is slightly disappointing. Sure there'll be some absolute bangers on that album mind.

Bon Iver has fucking lost it.

Alex
13-09-2016, 05:48 PM
New Nick Cave album out :drool:

It's a bit good too, on first impressions. I sort of feel awful for saying this, but when the news about his son initially broke one of my thoughts at the time (aside from obviously feeling a lot of sympathy for the poor bloke and his family) was that, if it didn't drive him into becoming a complete recluse (and who could blame him if it did), his next album would definitely be one to look out for.

I'm not sure to what extent the music on it is inspired by what happened (I read some/most of it was written and/or recorded before?) so I don't want to tie it all together too much, but it's definitely referenced on there to some extent. And he's such an emotionally intense character as it is. Very good album though. I'm enjoying it a lot, if "enjoy" is even the right world.

I got it the same day as I got the new Teenage Fanclub record as well, which is also well worth a listen but, as you can probably imagine, exists at pretty much the polar opposite of the emotional spectrum. :D

Raoul Duke
13-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Yeah, it's pretty darn good. As you say, a lot of it was done before it happened, but it's definitely got a vibe to it.

igor_balis
20-09-2016, 09:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_msHpEa3_Y

80s pop is the best

Demerit
20-09-2016, 10:19 AM
I find it crazy how game trailer songs sound awesome when accompanied by the trailer and just a bit shit when listened alone.

See - Nothing Else Matters cover by Lissie & Gears of War 4.

igor_balis
23-09-2016, 09:29 AM
http://www.fipradio.fr/player

Best online radio station I've found for years, courtesy of a Telegraph list. It is really great - far more eclectic and far less playlisty than Radio 6, and the DJ bantz is basically non-existent. Just get about 30 seconds of some French bint every 4 songs or so. Highly recommended if only for interesting background noise.

CJay
03-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Thoughts on 22, A Million? I love it. Listened through it once on the way to work this morning. It kind of descends into madness at times but mostly in a good way. 8 (circle) and 22 (over soon) were my favourites.

What a year for music, btw- Kanye, Frank Ocean, Bon Iver, Okkervil River (only me, probably). I'm sure there are other huge ones I'm forgetting.

Adamski
03-10-2016, 10:13 AM
I've only had one listen through of it but I love it. Madness as you say. I'm going to see Bon Iver in February in Edinburgh.

I love Okkervil River too, didn't realise they had a new album this year.

CJay
03-10-2016, 12:06 PM
I love Okkervil River too, didn't realise they had a new album this year.

Not surprising, they're small fry now compared to 8 or 9 years ago when they had that incredible three album run (Black Sheep Boy,The Stage Names, The Stand Ins). The new one is decent - you'll like it if you like OR, but it's nowhere near their best.

Alex
03-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Yes, the new Bon Iver is great. Just a real interesting, cool album. I'm a big fan of the direction he's gone in.

It strikes me immediately as better than the last one, which never really clicked all that much with me. "8 (circle)" is just lovely.

Magic
03-10-2016, 07:49 PM
I simply fucking love this song, and this band at the moment and I'd wager @igor_balis (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/member.php?u=10) does too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_BixyTrY7o

leedsrevolution
03-10-2016, 07:54 PM
I simply fucking love this song, and this band at the moment and I'd wager @igor_balis (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/member.php?u=10) does too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_BixyTrY7o

Love their album, brilliant band. There playing in Leeds in a few weeks time but got no mates that like 'em.

New Pixies album is decent aswell for the record.

igor_balis
03-10-2016, 07:57 PM
I'll give it a listen after I watch Only Connect, Magic. If they're any good I'll come and see me with ya leedsrevolution if I can crash on your sofa.

Magic
03-10-2016, 08:01 PM
More than welcome. It's a corner one and the only other person to sleep on it is my wife's fat Malaysian friend. Can't get over the thought of her smelly, sweaty yellow piss flaps spread all over my favourite cushion.

leedsrevolution
03-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Only problem it's like a Tuesday night or some shit

igor_balis
03-10-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm out, unless they're REALLY good or you can pay for a taxi back to the Midlands.

Raoul Duke
03-10-2016, 09:11 PM
I like the first track on the Bon Iver album but I fucking hate vocoders, so most of it grinds my gears. Seems a bit like it's been made with Kanye samples in mind.

leedsrevolution
15-10-2016, 08:09 AM
Went to see Angel Olson last night who has a lovely voice, was a good night. Off to see Jamie T and The Wytches tonight. Then got Dinasaur Jr and Pixies coming up in the next month.

Raoul Duke
15-10-2016, 08:49 AM
There's a new Conor Oberst album just out which is lovely :thbup:

Giggles
15-10-2016, 08:53 AM

In haven't listened to anything since Wide Awake. When did he start going under his own name?

Raoul Duke
16-10-2016, 10:02 AM
He's had a couple of releases out. I think Bright Eyes is still going though.

Giggles
16-10-2016, 10:21 AM
He's had a couple of releases out. I think Bright Eyes is still going though.

Yeah I looked up on Spotify yesterday, seems to be going alongside each other. I need to give the new stuff more of a listen as I quite liked the random stuff I played and the new one is very piano based, which is a plus.

-james-
16-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Went to see Angel Olson last night who has a lovely voice, was a good night. Off to see Jamie T and The Wytches tonight. Then got Dinasaur Jr and Pixies coming up in the next month.

I also saw Angel Olsen last night and can confirm she has a lovely voice. Found some of the songs a bit samey but a good gig nonetheless. "Shut up kiss me" is ace.

-james-
16-10-2016, 11:29 AM
http://www.unsound.pl/dislocation/artists

At this this week though I've only heard of about three of the acts. Should be a laugh. One of the venues was one of the salt mines last year, sad it appears to have been a one off.

Spoonsky
19-10-2016, 06:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVOWmLWFys

:)

Dark Soldier
30-10-2016, 02:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJikEoJ1mN0

:rave:

CJay
19-11-2016, 12:32 AM
New Childish Gambino is ace. :drool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8

Magic
19-11-2016, 08:55 AM

What were the Wytches like?

Magic
19-11-2016, 08:57 AM

I like Gossamer Thin. I thought it was about a person with a quirky name. :D

Magic
19-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Also Soft Hair: Soft Hair. :drool:

Offshore Toon
21-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Fabric lives on! Absolutely the right decision, but can't help but think there's more to the story than we've seen. I wonder what the real reasons were for wanting it shut down. Anybody with half a brain realises that deaths are going to happen regardless, and Fabric is one of the best equipped clubs in the world to deal with somebody that's in danger from drug use. Shutting it down would see more people die imo.

phonics
21-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Same reason as they want to shut anything down. Sell the property for bazillions.

Jimmy Floyd
21-11-2016, 04:16 PM
The real reasons for wanting it shut down were the same reasons anything is shut down by London councils: to sell it off for luxury flats. If they really gave a shit about kids taking drugs they should be in the estates rather than Fabric.

EDIT: high five phonics. This one got lucky because it became a lefty cause celebre and the mayor got involved. Most aren't so lucky.

phonics
21-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Got to say though, "Could we reduce deaths by bringing down the BPM?" has been one of the best questions I've ever heard asked.

Raoul Duke
21-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Nightclubs are shit, that's the main reason it should be shut down.

Manc
23-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Got such a hard on for Buddy Holly at the moment. What a voice.

John
23-11-2016, 10:34 PM
Fabric lives on! Absolutely the right decision, but can't help but think there's more to the story than we've seen. I wonder what the real reasons were for wanting it shut down. Anybody with half a brain realises that deaths are going to happen regardless, and Fabric is one of the best equipped clubs in the world to deal with somebody that's in danger from drug use. Shutting it down would see more people die imo.

The Arches in Glasgow shutting down has had that effect. The same nights and people have moved to other, less stringent places and the number of people getting fucked up has risen.

The way it got to the point of shutting down was an absolute joke though. The Arches was the only club in Glasgow to do proper searches on the door and report all drug use to the police, then the police used the higher numbers it was reporting to push for its license to be revoked. It was still incredibly easy to get stuff in, behind your belt tucked into one of the loops always works, but pretty much everywhere else you can just walk in with whatever in your pockets and even if you're caught the bouncers will just confiscate it, turn you away, and then sniff it themselves.

CJay
25-11-2016, 09:14 PM
If anyone hasn't seen this before. It's a song Justin Vernon wrote after seeing a screener for Wish I Was Here. This live version is incredible. Also, is that Jon Favreau?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAoADCSpD-8

Alan Shearer The 2nd
25-11-2016, 09:35 PM
While we're on churchy music, can't beat this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

Raoul Duke
25-11-2016, 09:55 PM
More Bon Iver a capella goodness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Swa9CYgRk

Offshore Toon
25-11-2016, 10:09 PM
The Arches in Glasgow shutting down has had that effect. The same nights and people have moved to other, less stringent places and the number of people getting fucked up has risen.

The way it got to the point of shutting down was an absolute joke though. The Arches was the only club in Glasgow to do proper searches on the door and report all drug use to the police, then the police used the higher numbers it was reporting to push for its license to be revoked. It was still incredibly easy to get stuff in, behind your belt tucked into one of the loops always works, but pretty much everywhere else you can just walk in with whatever in your pockets and even if you're caught the bouncers will just confiscate it, turn you away, and then sniff it themselves.
Yeah, Eats Everything said even the DJs are getting searched to the same ridiculous standards at Fabric. People will just end up necking all their stuff before going in.

igor_balis
28-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Lexicon of Love by ABC is a fucking amazing album. I bloody love the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfph3043yZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEdxZURTaI

Magic
28-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Heard two utterly fabulous songs today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvLn_qC7QAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLlLtSG7xe4

Offshore Toon
28-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Aphex Twin just announced for Field Day. That'll be special.

The Merse
28-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Magic any intention of seeing a bit of punk at Book Yer Ane Fest this weekend coming? Quite like the cowpunk/folk punk stuff Make That A Take bash out so nearly headed up for it had it not been for social clashes/general logistical headaches of getting to Dundee.

igor_balis
28-11-2016, 11:16 PM
cowpunk

Raoul Duke
28-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Cow Spunk
Simon Cowellpunk
Kerplunk

Magic
29-11-2016, 10:01 AM
@Magic (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/member.php?u=47) any intention of seeing a bit of punk at Book Yer Ane Fest this weekend coming? Quite like the cowpunk/folk punk stuff Make That A Take bash out so nearly headed up for it had it not been for social clashes/general logistical headaches of getting to Dundee.

Erm no lol. I looked up the flyer, I hadn't heard of any of the pubs it's at. Now I Googled them and I know, I'd definitely never go. LOL.

Adamski
29-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Heard two utterly fabulous songs today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvLn_qC7QAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLlLtSG7xe4

For the first time...?

Magic
29-11-2016, 12:06 PM
For the first time...?

Yep.

Offshore Toon
29-11-2016, 12:09 PM
The Ramones really do embody punk, in that their sound is so incredibly dated.

Giggles
29-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I've never heard either. If I clicked those links it would be the first time.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 05:20 PM
I was gonna make some snide comment about people never hearing i wanna be sedated before but I think it might have been on a Tony Hawks game or something.

Adamski
29-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Too hipster for one and one just makes up his tastes, interests and general life by the hour so it's not that surprising.

Giggles
29-11-2016, 06:00 PM
The Ramones are hipster? I'd never have put them as that, I just really don't like punk.

Adamski
29-11-2016, 06:11 PM
I'd have said hipster was a bastard offshoot of punk (and other alternative scenes) yeah.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Too hipster for one and one just makes up his tastes, interests and general life by the hour so it's not that surprising.

I'm a twat but i'm not a liar. If I was just making stuff up I'd think of more interesting stuff than what I post on here.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 06:27 PM
oh shit were you talking to giggles? i've fucked up haven't i

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Yeah you were agreeing with me and I've just assumed you were having a go :D Ooops, sorry Adamski. Someone ban me for a week, I've had a fucking mare here.

Giggles
29-11-2016, 06:32 PM
I presume that one was Magic. Though maybe that was me, and I just assumed the hipster one was me.

I'm confused now too.

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 07:24 PM
How the fuck have you just heard I Wanna Be Sedated?

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 07:37 PM
How the fuck have you just heard I Wanna Be Sedated?Too hipster for one and one just makes up his tastes, interests and general life by the hour so it's not that surprising.

Magic
29-11-2016, 07:37 PM
How the fuck have you just heard I Wanna Be Sedated?

Because I'm not over enamored about punk. I've really got in to the Pistols recently though and the Ramones sound great. I've never really listened to them before.

Adamski
29-11-2016, 07:40 PM

You're a twat and a liar.

Magic
29-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Brb just away to make a thread on knitting. Really in to that just now.

Also I want a telescope.

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Because I'm not over enamored about punk. I've really got in to the Pistols recently though and the Ramones sound great. I've never really listened to them before.

I mean sure that's fair and all but I just feel like it's one of those songs.

Like saying you've never heard "Rocket Man" or "In The Air Tonight".

Magic
29-11-2016, 07:43 PM
I mean sure that's fair and all but I just feel like it's one of those songs.

Like saying you've never heard "Rocket Man" or "In The Air Tonight".

Except it's really not.

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 07:44 PM

Holy shit having continued down the thread I realized there were TWO people who've never heard of it.

Is it me? Am I overstating the Ramones?

I'm not even particularly fond of punk whatsoever or anything I just kinda assumed everyone's heard that song so many times they literally seek sedation themselves at this point.

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Except it's really not.

I mean it's in 1000 movies, 30 different video games. I'm honestly shocked at these developments.

Magic
29-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Blitzkreig Bop is one of those songs.

Magic
29-11-2016, 07:46 PM
I mean it's in 1000 movies, 30 different video games. I'm honestly shocked at these developments.

Oh look more exaggeration.

-james-
29-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Not sure how I missed it at the time given how often he's playing around Glasgow but Auntie Flo's album from last year is great. I think combining "club music" and "world music" often ends up sounding quite tacky but he's nailed it.

This is the highlight, more the latter than the former but it is quite stunning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3dt8Nzlc-w

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Oh look more exaggeration.

A wild hyperbole appeared!

Magic feigns surprise!

It's ineffective.

Magic
29-11-2016, 07:51 PM
A wild hyperbole appeared!

Magic feigns surprise!

It's ineffective.

:S

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Which is the face I made when you pointed out I used a hyperbole for no apparent reason.

Magic
29-11-2016, 07:55 PM
But you were doing that annoying American thing where it's not obvious.

Adamski
29-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Get your tits out, Bruh.

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 08:05 PM
But you were doing that annoying American thing where it's not obvious.

Ah yes. Obviously exaggerating but not to the right degree is certainly an issue that plagues me and my fellow countrymen. Apologies.

Get your tits out, Bruh.

You leave my tits alone, buster.

Magic
29-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Why don't you just stop being an annoying shit?

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 08:12 PM
I'll do my very, very best.

Magic
29-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Please state more arguments then present them in a ridiculous, facetious way totally undermining yourself and exposing you as a gimpy gimpface.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 08:29 PM
i feel like all this arguing has made us lose sight of what's important, i.e. ABC being quality.

Magic
29-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Will they be quality in an hours' time, though?

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Please state more arguments then present them in a ridiculous, facetious way totally undermining yourself and exposing you as a gimpy gimpface.

I wasn't arguing anything, Magic. I was simply surprised you'd never heard the song before.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Magic
29-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Still a pooface.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 08:42 PM
the anger in this thread is yet more evidence that the time is right for WDYTOE. i'll get the thread and my list sorted when I get back from the pub later. x

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 08:43 PM
What a shitty thing to say, Magic.

Baz
29-11-2016, 08:46 PM
the anger in this thread is yet more evidence that the time is right for WDYTOE. i'll get the thread and my list sorted when I get back from the pub later. xWork has begun but feel free to start the thread.

I made this list yesterday: http://pastebin.com/V2i1wiXi

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Work has begun but feel free to start the thread.

I made this list yesterday: http://pastebin.com/V2i1wiXi

How did you decide who to include? I was gonna go on the list of members and filter by people who have >x posts and have posted in the last y months. Values of X and Y still undecided.

Giggles
29-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Yeah that list is far too long. Who the fuck is rush?

Spikey M
29-11-2016, 08:51 PM
I think Bruhnaldo might be the worst person on the planet.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 08:53 PM
In his defence, i wanna be sedated is really famous.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 08:54 PM
also, save it for the list dickhead

Spikey M
29-11-2016, 08:55 PM
That is my list.

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 08:57 PM
I think Bruhnaldo might be the worst person on the planet.

The fuck have I ever done to you

Spikey M
29-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Nowt.

bruhnaldo
29-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Well the new Weeknd album is good if anyone is so inclined.

Has a cool 80's, Miami Vice type feel to it IMHO.

Spikey M
29-11-2016, 09:05 PM
See?

Baz
29-11-2016, 09:06 PM
How did you decide who to include? I was gonna go on the list of members and filter by people who have >x posts and have posted in the last y months. Values of X and Y still undecided.
Has posted since 1st September.

http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/memberlist.php?&order=asc&sort=username&lastpostafter=2016-09-01

Adamski
29-11-2016, 09:20 PM
See?

:D so true.

Baz
29-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Get the thread up then, igor_balis, and I'll post my list tonight.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Am still at the pub, gimme an hour. x

Giggles
29-11-2016, 10:28 PM
I can't go to bed now. On tenterhooks.

Baz
29-11-2016, 10:48 PM
:D

I'll be asleep in an hour. Soz Frank.

igor_balis
29-11-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm too drunk, I'll do it tomorrow.

Giggles
29-11-2016, 11:18 PM
I'm in bed :mad:

Baz
29-11-2016, 11:21 PM
wot u wearin?

Giggles
29-11-2016, 11:23 PM
wot u wearin?

A smile.

Baz
29-11-2016, 11:24 PM
A smile.Now I know you're lying.

Offshore Toon
30-11-2016, 12:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxEIBgOoIuw

That video. :drool:

Giggles
30-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Now I know you're lying.

:D

bruhnaldo
30-11-2016, 02:54 PM
:D so true.

You guys are just bullies.

-james-
30-11-2016, 04:40 PM
My god the new song by The XX is crap. What a shame.

Jimmy Floyd
30-11-2016, 04:44 PM
I thought that, after Spotify practically offered me sex to listen to it, presumably because it detected I'd had a listen through their first album a few weeks back.

igor_balis
30-11-2016, 05:35 PM
I've always thought The XX are the biggest load of boring emperor's new clothes WANK.

-james-
30-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Some of the stuff on the first album is pretty irresistible. The second one is alright, pretty forgettable . The third one is going to be Jamie XX outtakes if that song's anything to go by.

I think they're one of the best live pop/rock bands in the world though. Their music is made for it really and I can't think of many bands with better on-stage chemistry

mugbull
30-11-2016, 05:55 PM
The Weeknd's album is just a Daft Punk outreach, the parts of it that are good are good because of Daft Punk.

Giggles
30-11-2016, 07:06 PM
I'm too drunk, I'll do it tomorrow.

What happened here then?

Adamski
30-11-2016, 07:16 PM
You're keen for this. Have you got the Guinness Book of records lined up to take note of the most amount of times someone's been called a cunt in the one thread? :D

Giggles
30-11-2016, 07:18 PM
You're keen for this. Have you got the Guinness Book of records lined up to take note of the most amount of times someone's been called a cunt in the one thread? :D

It just might make some activity for a few minutes.

Though I am a bit morbidly interested in being torn apart :drool:

Baz
30-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Would you bother doing a list?

(Open question to everyone)

Giggles
30-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Would you bother doing a list?

(Open question to everyone)

I don't know. It's the first year I really could as we've so few members that at least most don't all meld into one any more. Then again, it's effort.

-james-
01-12-2016, 07:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnCLiNDx1qU

Just remembered what a banger this is. Put the album on and whilst there is some more fucking fantastic cheese on it (Cruel Sexuality, Tropical Chancer, SIlent Partner), some of it (Sexotheque, Paradise Is You) is pretty unbearably lame. The next one will definitely be dross.

The Merse
03-12-2016, 11:50 AM
cowpunk

Cowpunk (or country punk) is a subgenre of punk rock that began in the UK and California in the late 1970s and early 1980s. It combines punk rock or new wave with country music, folk music, and blues in sound, subject matter, attitude, and style.

Fuck off, it's a thing alright.

jg
05-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Fifty songs of 2016 (old TTH stylee)

1 Golden Boy - Elf Kid ( https://open.spotify.com/track/2obzomhpzQPr082k1vUUOd )
2 Ain't it Funny - Danny Brown ( https://open.spotify.com/track/7ItFoQDmQIh3MAPsxiP6Vt)
3 Starboy - The Weeknd ( https://open.spotify.com/track/2IY7eOUDjw2ArKYxKa2jXc)
4 Scope - Mssingno ( https://open.spotify.com/track/6topH5EbtF69M3zmWu4yP3)
5 Greezebloc - Babyfather ( https://open.spotify.com/track/5upu9v8YOfwM9HXcMffvfK)
6 Blue Lights - Jorja Smith ( https://open.spotify.com/track/2h1htUS8h2oYq63385ZApR)
7 Digits - Young Thug ( https://open.spotify.com/track/4cg1yakyRSIOjxKM2I7J1q)
8 Don't You Wait - Solange ( https://open.spotify.com/track/4A3evD9w8QYhXBxqcj16ys)
9 dRuNk - ZAYN ( https://open.spotify.com/track/0TC3wZupelwzKhuueGSGZu)
10 Woman Is a Word - Empress Of ( https://open.spotify.com/track/1RhyVwNEpuxHgqpHP686v7)
11 Black Beatles - Rae Sremmurd ( https://open.spotify.com/track/6aa21an1SIMA8QJkq2qLiH )
12 One Dance - Drake ( https://open.spotify.com/track/1xznGGDReH1oQq0xzbwXa3)
13 Sunshine - Pusha T ( https://open.spotify.com/track/41ajBfJTnKkeXrb859ke70)
14 Gemini Feed - Banks ( https://open.spotify.com/track/5KmwE6KlFaQn4Une3LTrhs)
15 This Is England - Kano ( https://open.spotify.com/track/5lj0rO3irD0oij5v2WDk8K)
16 Lost on You - LP ( https://open.spotify.com/track/2kz40rIHjfGYxurLiuCBp9)
17 The Girl Is Mine featuring Destiny's Child & Brandy - 99 Souls ( https://open.spotify.com/track/2cNCaMkur4qF0lNwJWBf6b)
18 Night Owl - Metronomy ( https://open.spotify.com/track/3Xrknnh7esG6iEXCkUFOl8)
19 Sweet Dreams, TN - The Last Shadow Puppets ( https://open.spotify.com/track/605QlyvOldlcAJ17wJ64cR)
20 Hungry - White Lung ( https://open.spotify.com/track/4LWh5GCmI4p5IawanMryPQ)
21 Metropolis - Kate Jackson ( https://open.spotify.com/track/1jq1GEqKmVmVc19fbYj5Va)
22 Small Bill$ - Regina Spektor ( https://open.spotify.com/track/6KDmK6KDw2QWVqF7INFv0L)
23 When We Were Young - Adele ( https://open.spotify.com/track/7ilS0BPWS8ek2P2GaxH3cP)
24 Scary - Stormzy ( https://open.spotify.com/track/745Dazbwplj1SDZ8SPKHV5)
25 What If - Bibi Bourelly ( https://open.spotify.com/track/7JSMhpD08dapPcN1NWV4EB)
26 Shut Up Kiss Me - Angel Olsen ( https://open.spotify.com/track/2fUNygL5wJdWiLxjg8seyk)
27 Operator (DJ Koze's Disco Edit) - Låpsley ( https://open.spotify.com/track/199KAuW2LhFNdshdu8A8Da)
28 It Ain't Safe - Skepta ( https://open.spotify.com/track/1tV2YMV4f4Y1mZsHQBKrxf)
29 Skwod - Nadia Rose ( https://open.spotify.com/track/0u13feIppLKVCojCA1bPYZ)
30 Nandos - Youngs Teflon ( https://open.spotify.com/track/3wkjpVLEu18ed963YM4g3V )
31 Par (feat. Scrufizzer) - Darq E Freaker ( https://open.spotify.com/track/5XwYSp9SXzealqKFOwO3DJ )
32 Tiimmy Turner - Desiigner ( https://open.spotify.com/track/5fxzZKsdZhp7n4HrIKek5c)
33 Over It (Ikonika Remix) - Junior Boys ( https://open.spotify.com/track/34xVitY416azKYSgCaRVq0)
34 I Can Only Stare - Sleigh Bells ( https://open.spotify.com/track/4KpJnRFEnuQgLZSkv52NX1)
35 Subways - The Avalanches ( https://open.spotify.com/track/4T9SPNw54GY4PB0Df5AEON)
36 Be Alright - Ariana Grande ( https://open.spotify.com/track/2YA7l0SaNtNtazsQg7KM8t)
37 Elle ne t’aime pas - La Femme ( https://open.spotify.com/track/6QEvbmv2euCQxX54gjlarO)
38 pick up the phone - Young Thug ( https://open.spotify.com/track/20dP2DaMHIAmwWAbp7peSr)
39 Militia - Crim3s ( https://open.spotify.com/track/3cG8BLuNcxKBAY2NegWL2F)
40 Bike Engine - Radio Edit - Stylo G ( https://open.spotify.com/track/44M1gLaTTKFJ4vBlOpRB63 )
41 Walls To Build - Kllo ( https://open.spotify.com/track/4jnLUbo4Hl4NZeD0AIKOGR)
42 Renegades - Dawn Richard ( https://open.spotify.com/track/5jc0gocJOk1fkeg8QjFwrb)
43 Are We Ready? (Wreck) - Two Door Cinema Club ( https://open.spotify.com/track/215Z4s5KDIi4BjRlJotgi7)
44 All Night (feat. Knox Fortune) - Chance The Rapper ( https://open.spotify.com/track/60xaS8mYBKUW4VQQ666N0T)
45 Elizabeth Taylor - Clare Maguire ( https://open.spotify.com/track/1YjkE9ukmZuT171DmGikNK)
46 A Hundred Ropes - Minor Victories ( https://open.spotify.com/track/5oPIDN2f6qNKGBE1VVNcDh)
47 Go Fuck Yourself - Two Feet ( https://open.spotify.com/track/3VAeTjREoKPY1exOXR4oBm)
48 This World Is Empty (Without You) - The Raveonettes ( https://open.spotify.com/track/7nnovbUvkUIgq6U8ZqOKV9 )
49 Dough - Sami Baha ( https://open.spotify.com/track/6W5eV0l43YGDnDRA1nb21i)
50 Cool Girl - Tove Lo ( https://open.spotify.com/track/6vJ0Fezf6Etha2C4H21FKO)

Magic
08-12-2016, 03:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSgmgkyhPZ4

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

I thought this might have been some Southern wanky band that's Spotified the shit out of various genres and come up with this. But it's actually a Sudanese guy who plays all the instruments and sings himself?!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!! Absolutely brilliant.

Offshore Toon
08-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Sinkane is really cool. Got into him a few years back through seeing him on the Glastonbury poster. West Holts brings so many joys.

Adamski
08-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Anyone got any vinyl player recommendations?

leedsrevolution
08-12-2016, 09:29 PM
It's really more important what speaker you get with the record player.