PDA

View Full Version : The All New, All Shit, Relationship Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Foe
26-03-2017, 03:23 PM
So should I re-send so she has a fresh copy, or no?

Serious though that sounds a bit fucked. Even if she didn't initiate, a naked picture isn't just sent out of the blue to someone who is known to be married with a kid.

Probably need to give it a few days and some space Andy to get your head around it before rushing into something.

Magic
26-03-2017, 03:31 PM
She messaged him and explained it wasn't on and that I've seen it. He said it wasn't intended to be sent.

I said lying cunt and she's packing a bag as we speak. :harold:

Also imagine if our kid had clicked on it when she was watching youtube or something.

Baz
26-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Does she seem to feel bad at all? It sounds as if she's trying to brush it off a bit too much to me.

Hard to gauge though really cos if she comes across as sad and apologetic it's like she's actually done all the bad things you fear, but if she's too nonchalant it doesn't wash as really if nothing was going on she should be like 'omg what the hell?' and be encouraging you to go round and have your head kickboxed off, but making it known it's not on and that she's not into it so he better stop or else you'll have his broadband cut off.

Raoul Duke
26-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Lawyer up and kick out the jams.

Shindig
26-03-2017, 03:46 PM
he better stop or else you'll have his broadband cut off.

Henry will be straight round, man. Losing battle.

GS
26-03-2017, 03:47 PM
I agree with lawyering up in the first instance, particularly given the current situation.

Magic
26-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Does she seem to feel bad at all? It sounds as if she's trying to brush it off a bit too much to me.

Hard to gauge though really cos if she comes across as sad and apologetic it's like she's actually done all the bad things you fear, but if she's too nonchalant it doesn't wash as really if nothing was going on she should be like 'omg what the hell?' and be encouraging you to go round and have your head kickboxed off, but making it known it's not on and that she's not into it so he better stop or else you'll have his broadband cut off.

No it seems like she's angry at me for making a big deal out of it. :sick:

leedsrevolution
26-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah I recon she's done sumat. Pretty shit mate sorry to hear it.

Lewis
26-03-2017, 04:06 PM
And do what's best for the kid. Hopefully you get to keep custody.

Is this really the time for snide little remarks?

Giggles
26-03-2017, 04:22 PM

Sure sign there's a lot more to it.

Offshore Toon
26-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Disco makes a good point. If the trust is gone, its probably only a matter of time anyway. You should definitely have a lawyer in the waiting, but only you know her well enough to figure out whether you trust her and whether the marriage can work.

The photo being sent by mistake sounds like bullshit, and her deleting the conversation is suspect. How does she know this bloke?

Magic
26-03-2017, 04:27 PM
School. I don't know more than that.

Jimmy Floyd
26-03-2017, 04:33 PM
None of us can judge the situation as a whole, but there are about 5 pointers towards her being a manipulative cow here and very little evidence to the contrary.

Offshore Toon
26-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Do you want the marriage to work for any reason other than your daughter?

Magic
26-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Do you want the marriage to work for any reason other than your daughter?

No. That's probably grounds for divorce really isn't it. Good job I'm not a coward.

Pen
26-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Magic :(

Offshore Toon
26-03-2017, 04:52 PM
No. That's probably grounds for divorce really isn't it. Good job I'm not a coward.
It seems like you'll be a good dad no matter what, but you'll be a better dad for being happier. If the marriage is as depressing as it seems then its probably best to move on.

Pepe
26-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Keeping marriages for the sake of the kids doesn't work imo. Better to see your parents separately but happy. It is not as if they don't realize you're fighting.

Adamski
26-03-2017, 08:05 PM
I'd agree with that. My relationship with my dad was definitely better post-divorce. Did a lot more things we probably wouldn't have done if I didn't have planned visits.

Boydy
26-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Yeah, get out and let her do all the boring discipline shit during the week and you can be the fun one on weekends.

Giggles
26-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Keeping marriages for the sake of the kids doesn't work imo. Better to see your parents separately but happy. It is not as if they don't realize you're fighting.

It's easy to say, but once some cunt wades in and is living in your house acting daddy then it's a lonely sad world I'd imagine. It's just a shit situation with only horrible answers, I just hope Magic has someone there he can reach out to because it has got to be hell.

randomlegend
26-03-2017, 08:25 PM
I would have hated it if my parents had stayed together for 'my sake'.

Both at the time because it's horrible living in a household where you know your parents aren't getting on, but also later when I found out (which inevitably will happen at some point) because of the guilt of knowing they suffered through it for me.

Lewis
26-03-2017, 08:32 PM
You could easily blame your ME on them, so I'd call it even.

Offshore Toon
26-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Yeah, my parents got married because of me and all I remember is them screaming at each other then being miserable after separating. Ultimately they're bellends that never figured out to be happy which meant I adopted a lot of those traits and have been slowly discarding them since. They're a large part of why I don't want to live in Jersey. So, basically, do what you have to do to be happy and just remember that children aren't as stupid as they seem.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-03-2017, 10:21 PM
If/when you do separate, try not to project any hatred or negative emotions you feel towards your wife onto your daughter.

My Dad used to do that when he got drunk when I was a kid. It was fucking brutal and a prime reason as to why I'm such a mess.

Bartholomert
27-03-2017, 06:14 AM
Birmingham, born and raised, although I've lost the accent mostly now. When I fist came over here I thought I would have no problems with the language but it actually was a hurdle I had to clear. No slang, no brummie accent.

To be honest, Mert, I would be an amazing wingman here. The accent gets a lot of attention but of course I can't make full use of it's potential.

I'm serious let's make it happen.

Also apologies for the black out posts on the other page. Very very cringe.

Bartholomert
27-03-2017, 06:18 AM
Advice is welcome genuinely though. I feel like I'm going mad and I don't have anyone I'm not utterly embarrassed to talk to.

Dude that fucking sucks I'm sorry. I have family connections in Turkey (not kidding) if you want to seriously consider banging a bunch of Russians / Ukranians for a few months. It would set your mind straight.

And in case it isn't clear, there's a hard 0% reason for you to trust her. Have you tried talking to her mother? If you contacted her independently and described the situation she might do well as a mediator / knock some sense into her daughter. It's possible, and if there wasn't a kid I would never even suggest it, that it really is just a flirtation and which she now deeply regrets and wants to move on again as normal. People work through this stuff and it gets back to a reasonable relationship. There was shit with a family friend a few years back with the wife accusing him of some things, I don't think the guy in question ever did anything but I think there was definitely a woman who was sending him messages that he initially hid. They seem fine now it was just a minor scandal that everyone moved past when the next shiny social gossip came up (although it is seemingly psychologically different when it's the man being sketchy)...

Also, what's the background of your relationship? How did you two end up married in the first place? Was she a former slag? Was she ever 'fit'? How old is she? Has she recently lost weight? Are her friends single?

Magic
27-03-2017, 08:11 AM
If anyone cares for the latest, it's that we've decided to bury it and pretend it never happened. I'll just have to accept it was a mistake and she didn't actually want it. I do wonder what would have happened had I not seen it, I'm just going to have to blind trust her.

Her parents told her if I didn't believe her then there are obviously deeper problems with trust etc, knew I could count on those fuckers to swing it back to me. I explained if I told any cunt else it would have been total opposite (for example my dad).

I've decided it isn't worth the relationship being destroyed over (this time I am almost sure 100% I am staying for my daughter). It's hard not to be swept up on a sea of paranoia but I have to stick to the facts here rather than filling in blanks. The whole thing pretty much sucks but I'm in Spain next week family free so that'll give me some time to reflect (and her to properly screw loads of people no doubt! lol).

Spoonsky
27-03-2017, 08:18 AM
NO! What are the chances that the one time you happened to be looking at her phone was also, in the exact same moment, the one time she received a nude picture on her phone. The chances of a coincidence like that are not fucking existent imo. And her parents are right, there are deeper issues of trust but there well should be if this is how she acts.

And how will it affect your feelings toward your daughter if she's the only thing keeping you in this messed up life (the relationship permeates everything)? I know you love her but subconsciously surely there will be some problems?

Yeah, go to Spain, breathe some fresh air but fuck, I don't see how you can stay with her in the long run. You're destroying yourself like this.

leedsrevolution
27-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Ultimately it's your choice MJ. If you do forgive her though you can't bring it back up now, you have to really forgive it and try to move on. Have you thought about marriage counselling? I don't know if that works but might be worth a go?

Magic
27-03-2017, 08:30 AM
NO! What are the chances that the one time you happened to be looking at her phone was also, in the exact same moment, the one time she received a nude picture on her phone. The chances of a coincidence like that are not fucking existent imo. And her parents are right, there are deeper issues of trust but there well should be if this is how she acts.

And how will it affect your feelings toward your daughter if she's the only thing keeping you in this messed up life (the relationship permeates everything)? I know you love her but subconsciously surely there will be some problems?

Yeah, go to Spain, breathe some fresh air but fuck, I don't see how you can stay with her in the long run. You're destroying yourself like this.

The alternative. Both my step-parents are cunts and I really dislike them. Living on my own, losing my dream house in my dream area, there's a lot to lose. If she actually did anything I'd be filing no doubt, or if she was the one sending pics.

It's all proper confusing really, I didn't think I'd ever be in such a betacuck situation as this. It's like a fucking story out of one of those relationship help things in broadsheets.

GS
27-03-2017, 08:40 AM
The alternative. Both my step-parents are cunts and I really dislike them. Living on my own, losing my dream house in my dream area, there's a lot to lose. If she actually did anything I'd be filing no doubt, or if she was the one sending pics.

It's all proper confusing really, I didn't think I'd ever be in such a betacuck situation as this. It's like a fucking story out of one of those relationship help things in broadsheets.

Lawyer up and see what the sacrifices would be in the event you need to proceed with filing. If she's the one being dishonest / adulterous, then that surely puts you in a decent position if the worst comes to the worst.

You definitely shouldn't just assume the outcome if the marriage ends, without having a very blunt conversation with a lawyer. At least give yourself as many facts as possible before concluding on the best way forward.

Magic
27-03-2017, 08:41 AM
Lawyer up and see what the sacrifices would be in the event you need to proceed with filing. If she's the one being dishonest / adulterous, then that surely puts you in a decent position if the worst comes to the worst.

You definitely shouldn't just assume the outcome if the marriage ends, without having a very blunt conversation with a lawyer. At least give yourself as many facts as possible before concluding on the best way forward.

I have absolutely no evidence of dishonesty nor adultery.

leedsrevolution
27-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Oh shit, you could legit hire a spy. Now that's pretty cool. You should do it.

Boydy
27-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Yeah, you really need to be getting legal advice now in case it does properly go down the pan with no road back. Be prepared for fuck's sake.

SvN
27-03-2017, 09:13 AM
Mate... She deleted her chat history with him after you saw the photo. Say that back to yourself.

Spammer
27-03-2017, 09:19 AM

I'm calling bullshit on that. If that happened she'd just pretend to be annoyed at you until you caved and decided that you were making a fuss about nothing.

If you're staying in an unhappy relationship for the sake of your child then you're going to fuck her up. Don't bullshit yourself on this - that is what will happen.

If for some reason you want to stick around, then marriage counselling is probably the way forward because it all sounds fucked to me. If you give a shit about your child you'll either give that a go at that or end the whole thing. Don't just flounce around moaning on here about her instead of actually dealing with shit.

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:22 AM
I'm calling bullshit on that. If that happened she'd just pretend to be annoyed at you until you caved and decided that you were making a fuss about nothing.

If you're staying in an unhappy relationship for the sake of your child then you're going to fuck her up. Don't bullshit yourself on this - that is what will happen.

How? There's no ambiguity there.

There is ambiguity here.

Adamski
27-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Everyone else is looking at it logically but it's a big thing to end a marriage and fuck three people up on the basis of a maybe, regardless of what anyone thinks.

You've got to go with your gut Magic.

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:28 AM
I thought I was comfortable with the outcome (block and delete of the perp and move on) but I feel genuinely sick now.

I also am not comfortable with 'my gut' because I'm an emotionally retarded gimp who makes incredibly rash and stupid decisions.

Kikó
27-03-2017, 09:28 AM
I don't think you should allow yourself to be trapped in a relationship because it's the closest thing you have to a functioning family. Take the time to actually reflect. She should have to work for your trust because ultimately she's the one who has created the mistrust.

Spammer
27-03-2017, 09:30 AM
How? There's no ambiguity there.

There is ambiguity here.

There's ambiguity only because she's deleted the conversation. Why would she do that?

Giggles
27-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Yeah I'm with Adamski on this. It might definitely look like the right thing to do, but ending any relationship is hard enough. Let alone a marriage with a child. It may still come to it in the near future but at least he can look at himself in the mirror and his child in the eye and know he tried at least.
An option I'd really look at Magic is a move away. It'd be a big undertaking but, even though you can understand them looking out for their own, her family sound toxic to the whole relationship. I'd put it to her at least.

Adamski
27-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Kikos is a good point. By all rights she should still feel bad about it and show some remorse and make a massive effort to ensure you're OK. If that's not happening and she wants to act like it's not happened then that's worrying.

Spammer
27-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Everyone else is looking at it logically but it's a big thing to end a marriage and fuck three people up on the basis of a maybe, regardless of what anyone thinks.

You've got to go with your gut Magic.

I think the question is whether people will get fucked up more by separating or by staying together.

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:34 AM
I don't think you should allow yourself to be trapped in a relationship because it's the closest thing you have to a functioning family. Take the time to actually reflect. She should have to work for your trust because ultimately she's the one who has created the mistrust.

Has she though? Maybe she had done genuinely nothing to receive that and this guy was just testing the waters?

If some bird I'd been chatting with had sent me a nudey pic out of the blue I'd be a bit taken aback, and if she saw it I'd probably have a hard time explaining it.

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Kikos is a good point. By all rights she should still feel bad about it and show some remorse and make a massive effort to ensure you're OK. If that's not happening and she wants to act like it's not happened then that's worrying.

I thought the contrary. Surely that shows guilt?

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:37 AM
There's ambiguity only because she's deleted the conversation. Why would she do that?

I don't know mate. It seems a bit weird why she had no hesitation to open it and her reaction was not one of AHA! CAUGHT!. Unless she was genuinely bluffing. Which isn't like her. Tbh is it like her? I don't fucking know anymore.

GS
27-03-2017, 09:38 AM
I have absolutely no evidence of dishonesty nor adultery.

I think you do, although I understand why you'd rather not countenance it.

Speaking to a lawyer to understand the situation isn't committing you to any particular course, and you're not definitely going to make a decision either way on the back of it. It's about giving yourself as many facts as possible to inform that decision. It's a no brainer at this stage, I'm afraid.

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Yeah I'm with Adamski on this. It might definitely look like the right thing to do, but ending any relationship is hard enough. Let alone a marriage with a child. It may still come to it in the near future but at least he can look at himself in the mirror and his child in the eye and know he tried at least.
An option I'd really look at Magic is a move away. It'd be a big undertaking but, even though you can understand them looking out for their own, her family sound toxic to the whole relationship. I'd put it to her at least.

Not an option mate, unless you mean me individually?

Spammer
I don't know mate. It seems a bit weird why she had no hesitation to open it and her reaction was not one of AHA! CAUGHT!. Unless she was genuinely bluffing. Which isn't like her. Tbh is it like her? I don't fucking know anymore.

Well that's the feeling to focus on, isn't it.

I've read you writing on here about her for about 3 years so it's not like this is just a blip over the last few weeks. I'd suggest getting marriage counselling if you want to try and make it work, if only so you can have a mediator to help you both talk openly and honestly about things.

Magic
I think you do, although I understand why you'd rather not countenance it.

Speaking to a lawyer to understand the situation isn't committing you to any particular course, and you're not definitely going to make a decision either way on the back of it. It's about giving yourself as many facts as possible to inform that decision. It's a no brainer at this stage, I'm afraid.

Both that and counselling cost money, which I don't have at the moment.

Kikó
27-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Has she though? Maybe she had done genuinely nothing to receive that and this guy was just testing the waters?

If some bird I'd been chatting with had sent me a nudey pic out of the blue I'd be a bit taken aback, and if she saw it I'd probably have a hard time explaining it.

Well going off what you said, there seemed to be a history of Facebook back and forth between them. They know each other from school. There is dialogue between them frequently (otherwise there would be nothing to delete right?)

I get it. You're trying to see the best in her but it seems hugely unlikely that there wasn't something to prompt it. Think like a bloke, what could cause you to act like him​?

And I've never had anyone send me there bits without a least me asking...

Spammer
27-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Both that and counselling cost money, which I don't have at the moment.

I'm sure there are costs you can put to one side for a few weeks for the sake of your marriage. Or your sanity, if it's the lawyer you're looking at.

Adamski
27-03-2017, 09:44 AM
I thought the contrary. Surely that shows guilt?

Aye sorry thats what I mean, if she's not showing remorse then it means something isn't quite right there.

Giggles
27-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Not an option mate, unless you mean me individually?

The three of you. If she actually wants it to work.

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Well going off what you said, there seemed to be a history of Facebook back and forth between them. They know each other from school. There is dialogue between them frequently (otherwise there would be nothing to delete right?)

I get it. You're trying to see the best in her but it seems hugely unlikely that there wasn't something to prompt it. Think like a bloke, what could cause you to act like him​?

And I've never had anyone send me there bits without a least me asking...

Yes some comments. There were other messages and now looking back I should have fucking read the whole conversation but I was just so like WTF I didn't think.

I dunno mate, I'm anything but a ripped fucking kickboxer so I wouldn't be sending full body shots to any cunt but if I was and I was single why not? Annoyingly I could live with a Snapchat because it could be sent en masse but this was a 1-1 conversation.

A ex-colleague accidentally snapped a photo of her in her bra to me, but it turned out it was a mass one which she apologised for on Facebook (lol). I've been out of the game for 9 years so I don't know what is acceptable behaviour now, honestly fuck knows. Snapchat, WhatsApp, there's so many avenues for potential shit you have to do nothing but blind faith.

Spammer
27-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Are you going to muddle on as before then?

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Aye sorry thats what I mean, if she's not showing remorse then it means something isn't quite right there.

She, after I had a total meltdown, showed 'remorse' and said if it was on other foot she'd be raging as well but that over the course of the day turned to anger and me making constant jibes and ignoring her which didn't help. We eventually had a cuddle. I can't keep referring back to it after I've said I will move on and forget it, but it's the only thing in my head right now.

I don't know what to do, I don't know how to act, I appreciate all the advice, but none of it sounds like what I want to hear...

What do I want to hear? Even I don't know. Ultimately I bet this is all my fault anyway, I haven't been a good husband.

Magic
27-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Are you going to muddle on as before then?

Yes. Looking at it from a point of view is our marriage really that weak that it will collapse because some guy sent her an inappropriate photo?

I saw a thread on Reddit where a guy found photos on his wife's phones of some guy, now that's a whole different ball game.

Maybe I should counter this by trying to be the best husband ever.

Spoonsky
27-03-2017, 09:56 AM
What do I want to hear? Even I don't know. Ultimately I bet this is all my fault anyway, I haven't been a good husband.

Ffs. Look at yourself.

Spoonsky
27-03-2017, 10:02 AM
You're trying to convince yourself that it's just a random photo that's been sent. It's not, as I said before the likelihood that this is the first one is really small and her deleting the conversation only backs that up. Don't minimize this, it's not ok and in fact it's in line with her previous behavior (telling you about the offers she received on a night out).

Listen to me, I know you think you have problems, and surely you do have some. But you are not the problem here. You are not the one who's received a nude. She's a terrible influence on you it seems to me, she's somehow manipulated you to the point that you see her getting this picture as you own fault for not being good enough. You talk a lot about the effect your parents and upbringing have had on your psyche and self-esteem but I think you understand the effect that she, and your marriage, have had similarly.

Spammer
27-03-2017, 10:27 AM
The main consideration is - assuming you do want to stick around - whether or not you both want to take responsibility for trying to improve the relationship. If you don't, if she's dragging her heels, then you should just end it now. Muddling along as before is a complete and utter bottle job, all things considered, and it'll only serve to fuck you all up even more as time goes on.

simon
27-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Hi, lads.

Hi, Magic. Shit to read what you're going through. As has been echoed already, just try to find it in you to get out and do what is undoubtedly the right thing.

Also, talk with some of your mates IRL. It's not embarrassing to admit that it's going down the pan and it will definitely help to talk to someone who can give you the support you need.

Hope it all works out for you and the kid. x

Spoonsky
27-03-2017, 10:34 AM
I feel like TTH is probably better-informed about Magic's marriage than nearly anyone else in his life, possibly including himself.

Magic
27-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Remember you are only getting my side of the story. There's always two sides.

Boydy
27-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Yo SvN, yo' got PM.

(Stop ignoring me please)

Pepe
27-03-2017, 11:30 AM
I've decided it isn't worth the relationship being destroyed over

The relationship is already destroyed

Why would you be chatting with 'some bird?'

Pepe
27-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Yo SvN, yo' got PM.

(Stop ignoring me please)

Now that's sad.

SvN
27-03-2017, 11:35 AM
:D I got it when I was on my phone yesterday and couldn't be bothered to reply as I was at the pub. I've replied now.

Magic
27-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Naked pics eh?

Spammer
27-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Can I just get clarification on this?

Your ultimate response then is to do nothing and to just carry on as before. Is that right?

Magic
27-03-2017, 11:57 AM
No.

I think tonight because I am driving myself insane I will have a crunch talk. I want to know exactly the ins and outs of this so I can come to a well-informed decision.

After that, who knows. I feel like spewing at the moment to be honest. Had I not found that message who knows what may or may not have happened. That's speculation, right enough. I need to try and stick to facts.

SvN
27-03-2017, 12:10 PM
My bet: she'll try and brush it off and say "Why are you still going on about this?". It's a well known tactic.

Magic
27-03-2017, 12:12 PM
My bet: she'll try and brush it off and say "Why are you still going on about this?". It's a well known tactic.

To be fair, I did say I was going to bury it yesterday. I'll just say I can't because we haven't really discussed it.

Byron
27-03-2017, 12:14 PM
All I'll say is that had that been my wife, she'd be in a Premier Inn looking for other accommodation. This isn't a one off, especially if she's deleted the fucking chat for fuck sake. The red flags are everywhere.

Kids are resilient but they'll be damaged if you stay in a marriage for the sake of them, not just from the arguments but from the guilt of thinking that you sacrificed your happiness for their sake.

Magic
27-03-2017, 12:15 PM
All I'll say is that had that been my wife, she'd be in a Premier Inn looking for other accommodation. This isn't a one off, especially if she's deleted the fucking chat for fuck sake. The red flags are everywhere.

Kids are resilient but they'll be damaged if you stay in a marriage for the sake of them, not just from the arguments but from the guilt of thinking that you sacrificed your happiness for their sake.

Are you married with kids?

To be fair my own advice would be 'omg get her to fuck' but I wouldn't have to live with and through that decision so...

Disco
27-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Giving the advice is easy, acting on it when it's your life and your family is quite another matter. I think some in this thread would do well to remember that.

Pepe
27-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Not claiming it is easy. Still the right thing to do (imo of course.)

Disco
27-03-2017, 12:35 PM
This is now all your fault Pepe.

Pepe
27-03-2017, 12:38 PM
It's ok. If things don't work out I'm willing to take over as a surrogate father.

Disco
27-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Magic does need a father figure.

Chris
27-03-2017, 12:48 PM

Magic
27-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Cheers mate.

Would be interested to hear your story (if by PM if you prefer?).

7om
27-03-2017, 01:38 PM
I feel for you , Magic, purely because of the kid.

At our age I wouldn't have any reservations about booting out a woman and starting out again with someone else because, with all due respect, your marriage sounds fucking awful. Zero trust, a complete communication breakdown and the in-laws sound like a massive burden. But the presence of the kid makes a lot of the advice in the thread redundant unfortunately. I think we can all see how much you love your daughter and only seeing her two days per week or whatever it is? That is fucking heartbreaking shit.

So even though you've got, probably pretty sound, advice telling you to bail out for the kid I can see why you are thinking the exact opposite - because you don't want some kickboxing cunt taking your place Monday to Friday. My advice would be to try and sit down with the missus and have a calm and composed heart-to-heart. No sniping, no raised voices, just an honest and frank assessment of where the fuck you both are. At least clear both of your heads.

Mazuuurk
27-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Magic, sorry to read about what you are going through. Some friends of mine had a similar situation going recently but got out of that it seemed.

Personally I think what Chris says makes sense. To me it still seems like your daughter is the most important thing here. And I don't get the impression your relationship is completely doomed, it genuinely seems like you want it to work at least. She's definitely acting shady as fuck. For instance for me a warning flag would be the fact that she seems to so willingly fuck off to her mothers' place to give you space when she also claims she didn't do anything. And the whole message history and all that.

But even if she had done something, or even just had a flirt with some sexting or whatever involved, is that not something some couples can come back from? Hell, people cheat and then go to councelling and come out a stronger couple, sometimes. Not always, but if there's 1% chance it's worth taking for your daughter, right? It doesn't hurt making sure you have a backup plan in the meantime. A sort of thing like this can also set a baseline for what is and isn't acceptable behaviour (it shouldn't be needed but sometimes it seems it is). For instance she's been off to 4.30AM once, so basically she can't really do that again if you have a talk and agree on what the things that have gone wrong are.

I'm not sure if I'm making sense to you here but anyway, I'll say follow your guts and it seems to me your guts tell you to stick around and try to make it work. And maybe to do that you'll need to adopt some sort of "fresh start" mentality, both of you to be honest. Maybe some time apart without the intention of splitting up, maybe a vacation if you can manage it. You know whatever.

Magic
27-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Here's the other thing. The wife is on just over minimum wage. If we split up she'd have to move even if we did 50/50 or 60/40 or whatever it is she wouldn't be able to afford a house in a nice area (neither would I really!). That means moving the kid in to some fucking housing estate no doubt and going to a school full of cunts.

Child maintenance would be between £3-400 a month as well.

Offshore Toon
27-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Swallowing your pride will be incredibly difficult, but I think you're doing the right thing by putting your daughter first. She won't feel guilty about it when she's older. When you agreed to have a child you knew the risks, and this was one of them. Get as much out of your wife as you can and make sure she's putting your daughter first as well.

Magic
27-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Ok so she apparently told my mum, I totally forgot about this comment yesterday. I phoned her and asked her if she did, she said yes. She was at work though and is going to call me when she finishes. My dad cheated on her using an internet messageboard (Yahoo!) so should be interesting.

phonics
27-03-2017, 02:41 PM
God the idea of my girlfriend/wife calling my mum up to discuss such things. I'm never going to be responsible ever.

Lewis
27-03-2017, 02:48 PM
What if you're not a cunt, mate? What if everything really is her fault?

This has aged well.

Magic
27-03-2017, 02:49 PM
God the idea of my girlfriend/wife calling my mum up to discuss such things. I'm never going to be responsible ever.

She was round yesterday for a silverside pot roast for mother's day. She sensed the awkwardness.

Chris
27-03-2017, 03:05 PM

SvN
27-03-2017, 03:18 PM
At this stage you'd be better off just letting her fuck whoever she wants, because she's going to do it anyway. At least this way there's no lying about it.

Giggles
27-03-2017, 03:19 PM
I'd forgot the bit a while back about Magics Mrs not coming home til all hours either. That's ominous.

leedsrevolution
27-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Shit that was pretty similar. What do you reckon chances are of her doing it again?

Magic
27-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Wow, that is spooky! Just shows what a major fucking problem social media must be in relationships. I bet a lot of us aren't even aware and stuff like this is going on behind our backs and it's just pure chance that we ever find out.

I'd like to say the whole 'meet up' sounds sinister but then I am not aware of the pre-text to the picture so who knows.

On the other hand, this has never really been a great relationship (I blame myself for that quite a bit).

As I said, I'm going to have that crunch talk tonight and keep calm. I've never lived on my own, I had really low confidence before I met her, with no aim or purpose in life really. I was failing college and a complete dickhead with the wrong crowd. She definitely did turn my life around.

Chris
27-03-2017, 03:27 PM

leedsrevolution
27-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Right I'm pushing my missus down the stairs tonihht fuck all this.

Chris
27-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Spammer
27-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Ethical non-monogamy ftw.

I was going to say 'sexually open but emotionally monogamous', but that's a bit specific.

SvN
27-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Honestly, if you're just staying together for the kids, it's probably a better option than just pretending you're not fucking other people.

Spammer
27-03-2017, 03:44 PM
It hasn't really filtered into the mainstream but it's pretty popular, truth be told. I know a lot of people who are either open or completely poly. I've a skewed sample in fairness, but still.

Offshore Toon
27-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Wow, that is spooky! Just shows what a major fucking problem social media must be in relationships. I bet a lot of us aren't even aware and stuff like this is going on behind our backs and it's just pure chance that we ever find out.

I'd like to say the whole 'meet up' sounds sinister but then I am not aware of the pre-text to the picture so who knows.

On the other hand, this has never really been a great relationship (I blame myself for that quite a bit).

As I said, I'm going to have that crunch talk tonight and keep calm. I've never lived on my own, I had really low confidence before I met her, with no aim or purpose in life really. I was failing college and a complete dickhead with the wrong crowd. She definitely did turn my life around.
I think this last part is a huge problem in society. People head into relationships without figuring out how to be happy by themselves and they're dependant on somebody else to be happy/stable. Controlling women seem to latch on to men in situations like this.

Magic
27-03-2017, 04:50 PM
I phoned her, decided to just see where it took me.

tl;dr we're going to really try and make it work and persevere.

She told me her side, and you may all call me a mug, but I believe her, for better or for worse. I guess the next step now is sorting it all out, because this really is rock bottom.

Boydy
27-03-2017, 04:55 PM
It's all well and good saying you're going to 'really try' but what does that actually mean? I really think you should go to counselling somehow. Anyhow.

leedsrevolution
27-03-2017, 04:55 PM

She told me her side, and you may all call me a mug, but I believe her, for better or for worse. I guess the next step now is sorting it all out, because this really is rock bottom.

You aren't a mug. Your life just do what you want to do. Fuck whatever anyone else thinks.

Disco
27-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Did you say you had some time away coming up?

Could be an opportunity to try and think of what you miss while apart, not a bad idea to look at something positive rather than concentrating only on all the divisive stuff.

Pepe
27-03-2017, 04:57 PM
It's all well and good saying you're going to 'really try' but what does that actually mean?

Agreed. Either you set some sort of ground rules or you'll be back to the exact same place within a week.

Giggles
27-03-2017, 05:00 PM

No mug. If you're happy yourself with that and you do believer her then that's a good first step. Worth trying anyway. You never know, the whole episode could be the shock to the system you both need to get things working better.

Spammer
27-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Fair play if you're both to have a crack at it. I echo Pepe and Boydy and suggest sitting down and chatting about how it's going to be different though, and look at counselling.

-james-
27-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Another one of these posts:

Good luck Magic. It's a fuck awful situation to be in and I hope it works out for you.

If it were me I'd either be already out the door or installing some key logger app on her phone or something but no, I do not have a child, so that's probably not that constructive.

7om
27-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Inb4 'Gubbed Part II: The Night The Kickboxer Shattered My Jaw As Well As My Marriage'

Sorry, bruv. Anyway, I think you've made the right decision. I'd probably consider a PI tailing her movements for a bit, though. No joke.

Boydy
27-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Inb4 'Gubbed Part II: The Night The Kickboxer Shattered My Jaw As Well As My Marriage'

:D

7om
27-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Rio :(

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos/10154627727040787/

Lewis
27-03-2017, 05:38 PM
He's got full custody of his kids. You know what to do, Magic.

Offshore Toon
27-03-2017, 05:39 PM
That'll be karma for when he merk'd Beckham.

Magic
27-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Yeah the real hard work starts now.

Pen
27-03-2017, 05:57 PM
All the best with sorting everything out MAgic and I hope things fall in o place for you in one way or another :thbup:

Just shows what a major fucking problem social media must be in relationships. I bet a lot of us aren't even aware and stuff like this is going on behind our backs and it's just pure chance that we ever find out.

Social media is not the one to blame here though. Speaking of which though, this all has reminded me of an really odd situation the missus got herself into a few years a go. She came to me with a message from course mate from uni whom I know as well where he pretty much professed his love (well in a really soft, has seen too many romcoms kind of way) in a facebook message. The missus shot him down of course, but I thought he was a massive twat as I've been pretty friendly towards him when we've met and he knew that we've been together for almost a decade. That said I knew he had some feelings towards the missus but first thought that he might have been gay and later on when asking about from the missus just decided that he was completely harmless. So I guess you could receive unwanted attention that's unprovoked, but the way you handle it is openness, not deleting stuff and blocking the other person before things have been cleared out.

Long and a relatively boring story short, I told the missus that I would prefer if she would cut all ties to her mate as he was trying to sneak his way in and told her that I would confront him about it we're we ever to meet as I think that kind of behaviour deserves to have some ramifications.

Bartholomert
27-03-2017, 06:25 PM
It's going to happen again. She just felt guilty and will be on her best behavior until she gets bored again (except this time she'll be operating from a position of even less respect for Magic because of how beta he was within the entire situation).

Baz
27-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Yeah I'm surprised by the decision but I guess it's easier as an onlooker.

Good luck anyway - hope she at least tries harder, and let's you put that sex playlist on.

Spammer
27-03-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Mert if you're just planning on carrying on as before but 'trying harder'. Good luck with it though.

Magic
27-03-2017, 08:30 PM
It's going to happen again. She just felt guilty and will be on her best behavior until she gets bored again (except this time she'll be operating from a position of even less respect for Magic because of how beta he was within the entire situation).

I aim to gain respect through being a fantastic husband.

I'll treat it as a testing ground for my next wife.

Shindig
27-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Hope this works out. I'd like to think you two are still together because there's a slither of what brought you together in the first place. Don't wind up like Mert: Lynched in a Texan oil field for hitting on his boss' 15-year old daughter.

John
27-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Ferreting out the truth is somewhat pointless, it does more damage than good. Either there's trust or there isn't, decide which way you want this to go and move forward from there.

If there wasn't a kid involved, this would be the only advice in the thread worth heeding. It still might be, if the general state of the relationship is so toxic and the arguments so frequent that your kid will pick up on it. It's not a particularly nice thought to countenance, but a child will assume their parent's relationship is normal, because it's the only one they truly know. Even if she comes to know intellectually that things can be and often are different, that seed is still planted early and it'll influence her own view of relationships. If you stay in a toxic relationship for her, she's more likely to stay in a toxic relationship herself in future.

It is a big deal. Don't let that slide for one second. If she tries to minimise the whole thing you have to make sure she understands that a married woman receiving a naked picture of someone she's known for years and is ostensibly friends with is not a trifle. As has been said, it would be different if this was a completely random event, but this is someone she knows and has a dialogue with, how many of the women you know and talk to would you send an unsolicited nude photo to?

If some bird you'd been talking to had sent you a photo out of the blue you'd be able to show her the rest of the conversation and demonstrate that you'd done nothing to invite such a photo. Had her conversation with the person who sent the photo demonstrated as much why would she have deleted it? It would go against sense to delete a conversation that showed your innocence.

I had really low confidence before I met her, with no aim or purpose in life really. I was failing college and a complete dickhead with the wrong crowd. She definitely did turn my life around.

It sounds like she knows it, and is using it against you. Maybe she is a big factor in you being in a well paid job, but regardless of motivation you still did the work yourself, you still put the effort in and made something of yourself after what you've made sound like a fairly awful childhood. The second you start thinking that she had more of a part to play in your occupational success than you did, you give her absolute power because that thought process leads to the idea that you'd flop without her now, consciously or not, and even if you do decide to try to make the whole thing work that's no position to start from.

Nope. Reward her for receiving a naked picture of someone else and making you feel like a wanker for correctly calling it out as a major deal? Absolutely not. You've made it clear a hundred times that she's emotionally manipulative, so it's no surprise that you'd feel like the answer is to be better yourself. But really think about the precedent that sets. She fucks up, you blame yourself, you make amends. That's not healthy.

It's a terrible situation and I genuinely hope you can resolve it in such a way that you don't come out of it fucked up and neither does your daughter. Good luck.

Lewis
27-03-2017, 10:20 PM
lol, imagine if she started hitting him.

7om
27-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that 'be a fantastic husband' line came across like someone who'd just been dosed up on lithium after a psychotic episode. You've been more than reasonable here, Magic. Be a doormat but don't be surprised to get walked all over.

Bartholomert
27-03-2017, 11:34 PM

Yikes. That's not how attraction works.

Don't forget, women don't love men, women love how men make them feel. When you stop making her feel a certain way, she will stop caring for / respecting you.

Queenslander
27-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Is that how you feel about you mother?

Panda Bear
27-03-2017, 11:45 PM
It's a good thing that you use this forum as a confessional, Magic, because it'll help you write up a timeline of events in your marriage for when you eventually go through custody proceedings.

Start documenting as much as you can now because you're going to need to as much in your corner as possible.

John's right about the impact that staying in this toxic relationship will have on your daughter. Sooner or later, you'll it to yourself and her to break off your marriage.

It takes two to make a relationship. You've put in work. Your wife hasn't.

Bartholomert
28-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Is that how you feel about you mother?

My mother and my sister are obviously the only exceptions.

Mazuuurk
28-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Don't be a tit Mert (I know that's a bit of a futile ask, but still). You have no idea how relationships and families work until you have been in one for years and had a kid together for at least a few years of it.

Your little frat boy bravado is one thing now (it's still pathetic), but when real life actually starts you'll get some perspective and maybe grow up to be a real man someday.

Magic - Good that you are at least going to try. Though I do agree with the counselling advice above from people. There needs to be some more concrete sort of game-plan for your relationship other than "we'll both behave better". Somehow you need to reset it from scratch (and probably learn not to blame each other for stuff in the past) I think and doing that without having a neutral intermediary (fuck any family or friends' involvement here), is really difficult.

I know it's probably quite pricey, but it'll cost you less than 300-400 quid a month, and you don't have to go maybe every single week.

Magic
28-03-2017, 09:44 AM
We spoke about counselling last night. I managed to put my concerns about the relationship across without it turning in to an argument or sounding like a cunt.

I think if it's 'official' as in we relay information to a councillor and they inform us whether it's correct or not (or whatever) it'll give it more weight.

If you take the view that the picutregate was intentional then yes, I do look like a fucking melt and deserve all I get.

Magic
28-03-2017, 04:06 PM
I've looked in to it and a councillor costs between £60-£85 for a 50-60 minutes session. FUUUUCK me. Rather get divorced imo.

EDIT: Found one for £40 per hour. Proper Dr. Nick stuff no doubt.

EDIT 2: Dammit it's fucking Christian.

Offshore Toon
28-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Just get Skype and set up a conference call with as many TTH members as possible.

Pepe
28-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Doesn't Smiffy do some sort of counseling? You could ask him to help. You'll save your marriage and he'll get a new job. Win/win. TTH. :cool:

Magic
28-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Not anymore since he got sacked for doing drugs. Maybe I could council him.

Pepe
28-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Hammer could also help. ;)

Lewis
28-03-2017, 04:28 PM
He would just say move that other bloke in.

Pepe
28-03-2017, 04:29 PM
If that's what's best for the child...

Spammer
28-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Yeah couple's counselling is a lot. You can't go to the GP for that shit either. At least, I don't think you can.

Relate are decent and have a free online counselling tool. It's only for a one-off I think, but still: https://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-help/talk-someone/live-chat-counsellor

If you get medical insurance through your employer or if they have a health programme, it'd be worth looking into that too as they might be able to offer something.

Manc
28-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Proper bottle job.

Adamski
28-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Fucking hell Magic, even the tertiary posters are wading in.

Kikó
28-03-2017, 07:24 PM
He would just say move that other bloke in.

Outstanding.

Magic
28-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Fucking hell Magic, even the tertiary posters are wading in.

In a quite tragic way, I really am the life and soul of the board.

Pepe
28-03-2017, 07:40 PM
We are seeing a spike in activity, true.

Raoul Duke
28-03-2017, 07:40 PM
You'd better be tweeting this to try and drum up some new members

Offshore Toon
28-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Get the kickboxer to sign up.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-03-2017, 07:58 PM
You'd better be tweeting this to try and drum up some new members

He gave up because he could only muster 5 followers.

Lewis
28-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Get the kickboxer to sign up.

He can just send us a picture of his activity spiking.

Boydy
29-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Magic, keep us updated.

Magic
29-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Fuck off.

Bam
29-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Is it over, Magic?

Magic
29-03-2017, 06:57 PM
No mate read the thread.

Spammer
29-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Poor Boydy has been hurt for simply caring :(

Boydy
29-03-2017, 10:30 PM
It's in his own interest to post regular updates too. He can refer back to it when he's going through the divorce proceedings.

Spikey M
30-03-2017, 06:53 AM
I didn't know Boydy did Kickboxing.

Shindig
30-03-2017, 06:57 AM
He studied it at Oxford.

Mazuuurk
30-03-2017, 07:03 AM
It's in his own interest to post regular updates too. He can refer back to it when he's going through the divorce proceedings.

Actually I was thinking before - from that perspective is it wise? I mean, it could maybe be used against him as well no? Not that he's said anything especially incriminating but I'm sure a lawyer could twist even the fact that he's posting about it to something wicked.

Kikó
30-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Some of the things he has posted on here in the past wouldn't need much twisting.

Giggles
30-03-2017, 07:17 AM
Did she actually see this board that time when he "launched the phone" though. He never elaborated.

Boydy
30-03-2017, 07:26 AM
Actually I was thinking before - from that perspective is it wise? I mean, it could maybe be used against him as well no? Not that he's said anything especially incriminating but I'm sure a lawyer could twist even the fact that he's posting about it to something wicked.
Are you trying to ruin the board ffs?

Magic
30-03-2017, 07:40 AM

Jesus Christ. :D

Spikey M
30-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Don't worry Magic, I work for the court's and there's a reason only the mega-rich get off. Most Lawyers are fucking shit.

Magic
30-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Can you imagine the picture that would paint (of any of us) if our posts were all broken down and analysed in front of a court.

Giggles
30-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Can you imagine the picture that would paint (of any of us) if our posts were all broken down and analysed in front of a court.

This. We're all here because we're varying levels of deranged. Any good solicitor could rip any of us to shreds.

Jimmy Floyd
30-03-2017, 08:10 AM
Lawyers in real life are a lot more useless than TV lawyers.

Mazuuurk
30-03-2017, 08:16 AM
I'll shut the fuck up. Sorry.

Giggles
30-03-2017, 08:19 AM
When did the British start calling them lawyers?

Jimmy Floyd
30-03-2017, 08:28 AM
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=lawyer

'Attorney' is only used by Americans.

Spikey M
30-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Lawer is an umbrella term for any legal representative. All Solicitors are Lawers, not all Lawers are Solicitors.

Mazuuurk
30-03-2017, 08:32 AM
I always found it funny how you call it Solicitor when Solicitation is the criminal term for trying to buy sex from a Prozzie (I think in both US & UK yeah?).

Giggles
30-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Learn something new every day, I though it was just one that had become ingrained from TV like series becoming season.

Jimmy Floyd
30-03-2017, 09:02 AM
It's good old male hegemony. The people on one side of the deal are 'prostitutes' aka 'whores' aka 'ladies of the night', whereas the people on the other side of the deal are 'soliciting'. No mention of what they're soliciting because they're respectable gentlemen and we don't talk about that sort of thing do we, old chap.

Magic
30-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Lawer is an umbrella term for any legal representative. All Solicitors are Lawers, not all Lawers are Solicitors.

No indeed, what about Lawyers though?

Mazuuurk
30-03-2017, 09:06 AM
It's good old male hegemony. The people on one side of the deal are 'prostitutes' aka 'whores' aka 'ladies of the night', whereas the people on the other side of the deal are 'soliciting'. No mention of what they're soliciting because they're respectable gentlemen and we don't talk about that sort of thing do we, old chap.

Well, in Sweden we call it "Buying sex" and that's what the law says too. Awfully logic, I know.

Magic
30-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Well, in Sweden we call it "Buying sex" and that's what the law says too. Awfully logic, I know.

But then you have 'rape' which according to Libtards isn't actually rape and the law says that too. Can't fault Swedish logic.

Mazuuurk
30-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Nope :drool:

Spikey M
30-03-2017, 09:41 AM
No indeed, what about Lawyers though?

Twice in one post. :drool:

Adamski
30-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Three times mate.

Mazuuurk
30-03-2017, 01:31 PM

Spikey M
30-03-2017, 01:33 PM
I spelt it proprrly in the post about 5 minutes earlier. :cool:

Mazuuurk
30-03-2017, 01:37 PM
And I ryed it as lawyers anyway so no worries.

Bartholomert
10-04-2017, 08:10 AM
Officially broke it off with my girlfriend of 4.5 years. She was pretty much perfect in every way (pretty, incredibly loyal, virgin when we met, very family oriented, in top medical school, very nurturing, good family) except for being very militantly Jewish and openly stating that she would refuse to live anywhere except New York. We were wasting our time at this stage, it didn't seem like she would compromise at any point in the future and I had no interest in compromising either. So we ended it.

Feels weird. I don't think I'll ever find anyone as great as her. Maybe I fucked up. Who knows.

Mazuuurk
10-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Good for her.

Bartholomert
10-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Good for her.

Weirdly enough, I agree with you. It wouldn't have worked, but she would have stuck through it and been miserable. I think now she'll have a real shot at something nearing happiness / the future she wants.

Spammer
10-04-2017, 08:28 AM
Fair play Mert, sounds like a difficult decision but sounds like one you've thought about and potensh the right one if it's how you're describing.

Giggles
10-04-2017, 08:32 AM
A true modern day hero.

John
10-04-2017, 08:37 AM
'Potensh'. :sick: Aren't you about thirty?

That does sound like a bit of a crap situation and the correct decision for all parties, but I love that even in a serious and compassionate (for Mert) post the bragging tone remains with the suggestion that she'd have sacrificed all chance of happiness just to stay with him.

Spammer
10-04-2017, 08:52 AM
'Potensh'. :sick Aren't you about thirty?

I'll express myself how I like, thanks. Lovely to see you're as cheerful as ever though.

Spikey M
10-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Potensh is potensh more embarrassing than my own effort further up the page. Totes awks.

Spammer
10-04-2017, 09:49 AM
:sorry:

Whevs.

John
10-04-2017, 11:18 AM
I'll express myself how I like, thanks. Lovely to see you're as cheerful as ever though.

As will I, by lolling at you for typing like a child. It's like something a thirteen year old would have typed on Yahoo Messenger back when all caps Comic Sans was the preferred font.

Every post I make is a sign that I'm in poor spirits in your eyes, it seems. You'll make a top, top counselor.

Giggles
10-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Comic Sans :drool:

Spammer
10-04-2017, 11:44 AM
As will I, by lolling at you for typing like a child. It's like something a thirteen year old would have typed on Yahoo Messenger back when all caps Comic Sans was the preferred font.

Every post I make is a sign that I'm in poor spirits in your eyes, it seems. You'll make a top, top counselor.

Ouch :lol:. But I'm pretty good at it, yeah :cool:.

Telling people off for their childish use of language while at the same time using the word 'lolling' :drool:

Mazuuurk
10-04-2017, 11:52 AM
You're not getting out of this one Hammer. John is right.

People are free to talk how they want of course. They are also free to eat their own shit if they want, you know.

Kikó
10-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Don't give him ideas.

Spammer
10-04-2017, 12:25 PM
You're not getting out of this one Hammer. John is right.

People are free to talk how they want of course. They are also free to eat their own shit if they want, you know.

John has an opinion, which he's entitled to.

It's nice to know that I can in fact express myself how I like :).

Potensh.

Offshore Toon
10-04-2017, 12:29 PM
There should be a Hammer v John thread for when you two start doing this.

Spammer
10-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Do you think I should just ignore it when it happens? Probably best in honesty.

Magic
10-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Officially broke it off with my girlfriend of 4.5 years. She was pretty much perfect in every way (pretty, incredibly loyal, virgin when we met, very family oriented, in top medical school, very nurturing, good family) except for being very militantly Jewish and openly stating that she would refuse to live anywhere except New York. We were wasting our time at this stage, it didn't seem like she would compromise at any point in the future and I had no interest in compromising either. So we ended it.

Feels weird. I don't think I'll ever find anyone as great as her. Maybe I fucked up. Who knows.

One way to Cyprus, mate.

Spoonsky
10-04-2017, 01:25 PM
How's Operation Good Husband going?

Offshore Toon
10-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Definitely. Nobody benefits from it.
Hammer

Bartholomert
10-04-2017, 02:33 PM
'Potensh'. :sick: Aren't you about thirty?

That does sound like a bit of a crap situation and the correct decision for all parties, but I love that even in a serious and compassionate (for Mert) post the bragging tone remains with the suggestion that she'd have sacrificed all chance of happiness just to stay with him.

Gotten soften the sentimentality with a bit of alpha banter to keep up appearances. Don't get me wrong it sucks and I can admit it was even partially a preemptive decision on my point, because she would have eventually left me for someone better / more compatible. Even if she didn't see it at the time, I wasn't good enough for her and I knew it, and she felt it enough I guess to let it happen.

One way to Cyprus, mate.

Going to New Orleans instead. Close enough.

Giggles
10-04-2017, 02:36 PM
There should be a Hammer v John thread for when you two start doing this.

Isn't this whole board basically John vs 95% of it?

Mazuuurk
10-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Have you been before, Mert? It's one of the best places on earth I've been. I go every year.

Bartholomert
10-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Have you been before, Mert? It's one of the best places on earth I've been. I go every year.

Yep, I'm very excited. Thought it would be a congruent locale given my personality to settle down as a lawyer.

I'll hook you up with a spot on my couch next Mardi Gras (assuming I get that full-time offer).

Mazuuurk
10-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Mert lets get one thing straight. If I'd ever sleep at your place, it would be in a bed.
You can sleep on the floor or a couch if you want.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-04-2017, 02:49 PM
I'd rather have the couch than Mert's bed tbh.

Bartholomert
10-04-2017, 02:50 PM
I'd rather have the couch than Mert's bed tbh.

Kinda this tho :rotate: , but I'd be willing to be flexible if only for TTH story.

Mazuuurk
10-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Christ yeah, I said a bed, not Merts bed.

He should still sleep on the floor.

Offshore Toon
10-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Lets organise a New Orleans meet in 2018 to show those WhatsApp BASTARDS how its done.

-james-
11-04-2017, 12:40 PM
My girlfriend's birthday is coming up.

I know she wants a Kindle so it seems like a pretty easy thing to get her.

We're going away for the summer though, and I'd quite like a kindle as well so I don't have to lug fifty books about.

Does it cheapen the gift if I go out and buy myself the same thing a few weeks later?

Magic
11-04-2017, 12:46 PM
My girlfriend's birthday is coming up.

I know she wants a Kindle so it seems like a pretty easy thing to get her.

We're going away for the summer though, and I'd quite like a kindle as well so I don't have to lug fifty books about.

Does it cheapen the gift if I go out and buy myself the same thing a few weeks later?

Only if you get her the shitty one and you go and buy the Paperwhite HD one.

Mazuuurk
11-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Lets organise a New Orleans meet in 2018 to show those WhatsApp BASTARDS how its done.

Yeah sounds good Offy.
We'll post our whereabouts on here and see how desperate he is.

Bartholomert
14-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Yeah so I banged another girl off Tinder (she's next to me right now sleeping). At least I know I can still do this.

If you can't get laid in 2017 you actually suck tbh.

-james-
14-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Nice dude!!! Sluts are so easy.

Shindig
14-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Yeah so I banged another girl off Tinder (she's next to me right now sleeping). At least I know I can still do this.

If you can't get laid in 2017 you actually suck tbh.

You insecure little frig. :D Nice of your mam to tuck you in, though.

Queenslander
14-04-2017, 11:35 PM
WHITE male seeking sluts.

Magic
15-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Is she sending a Snapchat to her mates 'who the fuks this guy omg!'

Bartholomert
15-04-2017, 02:15 PM
So many haters. In the words of the timeless muse Lil Bobby, "if they ain't hatin' / you ain't poppin"

I just got out of a 4.5 year relationship, I'm allowed to celebrate my ability to get laid (within 4 days) for once .

Dark Soldier
15-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Within 4 days you fucking baller

Dquincy
15-04-2017, 09:28 PM
So many haters. In the words of the timeless muse Lil Bobby, "if they ain't hatin' / you ain't poppin"

I just got out of a 4.5 year relationship, I'm allowed to celebrate my ability to get laid (within 4 days) for once .

When you say "got out of", she left you...right?

Magic
16-04-2017, 02:10 AM
Lol quinceth put the claws away.

Bartholomert
16-04-2017, 02:48 PM
When you say "got out of", she left you...right?

It was largely mutual.

Spikey M
16-04-2017, 03:00 PM
'I'm leaving you'
'I agree'

Shindig
16-04-2017, 05:21 PM
It was largely mutual.

But not entirely. Cucked into touch.

Dquincy
16-04-2017, 06:42 PM
'I'm leaving you'
'I agree'

Mert Have you sent her any drunk midnight texts telling her how much you're not missing her and that you don't think about her at all in any way whatsoever? Or vice versa.

Bartholomert
16-04-2017, 08:06 PM

Mert Have you sent her any drunk midnight texts telling her how much you're not missing her and that you don't think about her at all in any way whatsoever? Or vice versa.

Nah. She did try to get back together with me yesterday, it was pretty painful to experience for all parties I think.

For me it generally doesn't sink in for a few weeks as I go on a spree of meaningless female interactions, which, after the novelty wears off, soon gives way to feelings of emptiness and loneliness. That's when the drunk texts will start.

randomlegend
16-04-2017, 08:42 PM
female interactions

:sick:

Dquincy
16-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Nah. She did try to get back together with me yesterday, it was pretty painful to experience for all parties I think.

For me it generally doesn't sink in for a few weeks as I go on a spree of meaningless female interactions, which, after the novelty wears off, soon gives way to feelings of emptiness and loneliness. That's when the drunk texts will start.

You've got to get it out your system to be fair. I remember when my previous relationship came to an end, i was grinding on anything that moved. It was great (for a while).

leedsrevolution
16-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Had a hair cut lads. Proper player now (if I wasn't in a steady relationship) I would be drowning in pussy whilst you cucks stood around and wanked in the corner (magic).

Dquincy
17-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Shall look forward to seeing a new photo during your next drinking sesh.

leedsrevolution
17-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Yeah I was gona post a pic last night but I passed out. Fuck doing it sober that's just boring.

Bartholomert
17-04-2017, 03:08 PM
I have a girl I used to hook up with in NC coming to visit me Thur/Fri, and another girl I met at a bar and made out with two weeks ago (not the girl I banged on Thursday) going with me to a Beer Festival on Saturday. Should be a fun / casual sex filled weekend. Being single is easy mode in a big city, I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like in the South / Louisiana where the girls are prettier and the guys are shittier.

Lewis
17-04-2017, 03:11 PM
'Arkan? Oh, it's short for Arkansas.'

Magic
17-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Damn was just going to say wait until they find out you're a Wurki bastard.

Bartholomert
17-04-2017, 03:12 PM
'Arkan? Oh, it's short for Arkansas.'

I just give fake (Americanized) names tbh, makes it much safer / easier to disappear if you need to.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Surely a white ethnic would be fine.

Bartholomert
17-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Surely a white ethnic would be fine.

Lol. That's what I do, gotta keep it plausible.

Shindig
17-04-2017, 04:35 PM
"So, which way did you guys vote in the Erdogan power grab?"

igor_balis
23-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Had a bit of a double take on tinder, earlier. A moment of "wait, is that...er, wait, what?"

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/18072585_10158541099795384_1408059609_n.png?oh=3ae 5349b546ddcdc925cc510bcd96170&oe=58FEB7F6

Boydy
23-04-2017, 07:08 PM

wtf

Magic
23-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Who cares? Luscious rack.

leedsrevolution
23-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Still bet you swiped right.

Danny
23-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Better have done. We need an explanation

Bartholomert
23-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Banged two more girls this weekend. If I was like 2 inches taller, I would be an outrageous slayer smh.

Spikey M
23-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Taller. Longer. Slimmer.

Pen
23-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Is Mert Skeelo?

Dquincy
23-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Banged two more girls this weekend. If I was like 2 inches taller, I would be an outrageous slayer smh.

You talking about your cock?