PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate WWE Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77

Shindig
29-03-2024, 10:25 AM
Aye, he was born to be permanently grinning.

Waffdon
30-03-2024, 08:40 AM
Imagine being on the end of a beat down from Naomi, Bianca and Cargill. That’s a lot of cake. :drool:

Ben
30-03-2024, 09:04 AM
Dat powerbomb. :drool:

Mike
30-03-2024, 07:14 PM
I kind of hope it’s a work.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xULW8PFsRKImryMwbm/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952gcvql6uhdy62zd9crgzhgtyplyxce z15frq5jui4&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

I’m backkkk

How entrance music might be my most quoted song, both inside and outside of wrestling.

Ian
31-03-2024, 02:07 AM
Similarly there are very few situations in life I find can't be styled out with The One Billy Gunn's theme song.

Shindig
31-03-2024, 06:42 AM
"I'm afraid it's inoperable ...."

Look at all I've got ...

7om
01-04-2024, 10:43 PM
If you’ve got a spare half an hour, CM Punk’s interview with Ariel Helwani today was a great listen.

Ben
02-04-2024, 06:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xQo-bko00

Oh boy.

Ben
02-04-2024, 06:51 AM
Raw was really good again. Not one for the ages like last week but it did the job.

Rick has been incredible in recent weeks to be fair. The few seconds where Cody hit the ring and got some punches on Rick was amazing (and Rick taking good bumps on free TV in 2024) before the inevitable Bloodline beatdown. Great heat going into Mania for them, and Roman finally turned up. He's still a bit of a goof but it's an improvement on where he was even just last week.

And eventually they tried to get a bit of heat into the Gunther vs. Sami match, using Gable. Decent stuff but it's only one angle going into the biggest show of the year. I don't think they'll take the belt off Gunther here (or at least they shouldn't, given the storyline hasn't warranted the big title change), but at least they've sowed a seed of doubt.

Ben
02-04-2024, 08:30 AM
Oh and Drew is winning the title for sure (:cool:).

Clash in the Castle announced for June. Huge hints about it being in Scotland.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2024, 08:58 AM
Oh and Drew is winning the title for sure (:cool:).

Clash in the Castle announced for June. Huge hints about it being in Scotland.

Hints?

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-headed-to-glasgow-for-clash-at-the-castle-scotland-this-june

Like it being announced as taking place in Glasgow?

Ben
02-04-2024, 09:11 AM
Yeah I didn't see that. :D

I fast forwarded some stuff then assumed they'd announce Scotland next Monday after Drew parades the title on Raw.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2024, 09:42 AM

Joey Swole v Austin Theory?

:D

Ian
02-04-2024, 10:28 AM
I'd missed that CotC was Glasgow this year. I'll have to keep an eye out for tickets but I assume they'll be off-puttingly expensive.

Rick has been incredible in recent weeks to be fair. The few seconds where Cody hit the ring and got some punches on Rick was amazing (and Rick taking good bumps on free TV in 2024) before the inevitable Bloodline beatdown. Great heat going into Mania for them, and Roman finally turned up. He's still a bit of a goof but it's an improvement on where he was even just last week.

Yeah that whole bit was superb, Rock selling Cody's music after Rollins' grin but then of course Roman was still there anyway. He's definitely getting into a proper rhythm with his promos now too, much better even than when he first appeared during this story (which in itself was much better than any of his playing-the-hits promos in the last 10+ years.)

Also a little shout out to Rick O'Shea for catching one of the Fridge Raiders and doing a fallaway slam on him. :cool: Nice to see they've finally realised that when you've got three hours to fill just sticking him in a match every week (and giving him some wins) is a solid plan.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2024, 10:52 AM
Get a ticket and take a TTH sign (and business cards ofc) to the event.

Ian
02-04-2024, 10:58 AM
"Die Ricky Die."

7om
02-04-2024, 01:37 PM
:D

Dark Soldier
02-04-2024, 02:51 PM
"Ben says more headlocks"

Ben
02-04-2024, 02:59 PM
More headlocks needed?

Yes: Ben, CM Punk
No: phonics, Baz

I'm right.

phonics
02-04-2024, 03:05 PM
Old injured man says I Need A Rest.

Ben
02-04-2024, 03:06 PM
15,000 people chant for Old Injured Man to make the save as Cody and Seth are beat down by The Bloodline.

Headlocks are over, brother.

phonics
02-04-2024, 03:28 PM
Typical indie-ass ROH wrestler looking for the cheap pops.

wullie
02-04-2024, 07:14 PM
I like how Rock's entrance changes a little each week, by Wrestlemania it'll be full on Hollywood dicksplash. This is the most I've enjoyed seeing him probably since he left first time round

Shindig
02-04-2024, 07:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JotqUtE8564

I assume he'll bust this one out.

Ben
02-04-2024, 07:26 PM
But with an actual helicopter.

Waffdon
04-04-2024, 10:56 AM
I see Punk had the whole of AEW in damage control last night and going phonics on us

Ben
04-04-2024, 01:58 PM
The interview is great. Sure he has a very strict opinion on what wrestling should be and how he goes about portraying that, but whatever you think of him, it makes Tony Khan and the Elite guys look horrendous. No wonder they were in damage control, there's clearly a lot of truth to what Punk was saying (and I'm not sure how any anti-Punk guy can even argue against that in good faith).

Ben
05-04-2024, 07:19 AM
AEW need to snap themselves out of this complex they're in.

Edge opened Dynamite with a weird promo that he obviously didn't believe vaguely responding to things Punk said on a fucking YouTube show (but not actually denying anything he said). 20% of the US audience promptly changed the channel and the last two weeks have been their lowest viewership ever.

The longer they keep doubling down on this Punk situation and talking about a guy that's in another fucking company, the longer this death spiral will continue. Tony out there getting his guys to tweet #ThankYouAEW, proper high school shit. But that explains why 90% of their storylines are "why aren't you my friend?" because the son of a billionaire was obviously short of real friends in his youth. Now he pays guys seven figures to sit at home.

Ian
05-04-2024, 05:50 PM
So how does everybody think the Bloodline stuff is gonna pan out this weekend then?

I think I have Cody winning, and I also think that whereas last year I thought having him lose was a bad call (and I'm still not entirely won over there) I definitely think doing it this time and stretching the fucking thing out even longer would be. Roman and Rick are surely winning Saturday to then have Cody's mates come and help him fight off the Bloodline on Sunday? Also curious as to how soon, if Roman loses, they kick off the Rick / Roman stuff. Rick keeps being a dickhead for a while and try and bring Reigns back as a face? Always a risk there but wrestling fans love a return so if they keep Reigns away long enough (how would we notice the difference lol) he'd probably get the cheers required for that. Can't quite shake off the thought that they might well just romanwinslol it again.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-04-2024, 05:57 PM

Shindig
05-04-2024, 06:00 PM
That sounds like a sensible way to go. You got to draw a line under Cody's story and the Bloodline's ran its course. The biggest problem is Roman. The head of the table stuff put him in a good spot after years of the company trying to force it. Putting him against Rick might allow some creativity but it's just as likely to have him steamroller him in the promo stakes. You're faced with the same old problem of making Roman interesting.

wullie
05-04-2024, 06:03 PM
I'm hoping having the show in Glasgow is indication that Drew is sticking around long term because he's the best at the moment.

Ian
05-04-2024, 06:07 PM
Everything about this program suggests Drew is staying. Unless he's just decided to be one of the top stories and characters on his way out, but surely, surely he'll be in Glasgow.

My one mate who I might have gone with (if tickets aren't a total rip-off) can't make it because he's going to the Euros but honestly, and especially if Drew's gonna be there, I would consider going myself anyway.

Gray Fox
05-04-2024, 06:11 PM
They wanted Rick v Roman to be last years main event with Roman going over. When they couldn't get Rick on board, they pivoted to put Cody in there instead. Now Rick is not only on board, but on the board. They'll want to do Rick v Roman. The issue here is they get the chance to have Roman take Hogans record. I don't think we'll have this chance again for a very long time, so my head says Roman is likely going to win.

The other way to look at it is, if you assume Roman wins, who actually does take the belt off him down the line? Rick makes no sense, Cody may have used up the crowds favour by that point, Rollins doesn't need the rub and there's only really Breakker that I can think that is there now, that could use the win to ascend to being a top star.
For that reason having Cody win here just makes sense. Roman wants to be a part timer and you crown a new face of the place. Everyone can move on to something more new.

You have to have the bad guys win night 1. Create some tension between the two. For example Roman gives an order to get a chair, but Rick instead showboats with the peoples elbow and it gets countered into a near fall. Then play out the 'who is really in charge here?" angle. The only issue with this is you're asking Seth to lose on both nights, because I think Drew absolutely should win night 2.

Then on night 2, after all of the interference shenanigans, you have a 2 v 1 in the ring. Rick and Roman stood over Cody. All other members are brawling away in the backstage. Have Jey pick Jimmy up and lead him away because he's his brother and he's trying to save him. Rollins is battering Sikoa.
Now you have Roman bark more orders at the Rick and give him a little shove or something like that. Rick looks super pissed at this but stands his ground. It continues more until finally Rick snaps and gives Roman the Rick bottom and walks out. Cody then wins with 57 shit Cross Rhodes.

You have to do it something like this way because like fuck is Rick going to ever be the heel against Roman down the line.

Ian
05-04-2024, 06:13 PM
There's a follow up question, actually. Do you guys think there'll be Bloodline involvement in Seth / Drew and then Drew involved in Cody/Roman? I know they had that shot of him talking to Heyman but I'm still not sure I see that or if it'd just make things a bit too busy, even by the standards of the smoke and mirrors clusterfuck we're surely getting.

I really hope that the shenanigans are done and dusted with 5-10 of the match left and Cody does then just beat him.

One idea I did have (and to be clear, I don't think I actually like it) for what scenario they might actually have Seth and Cody win night one. Rick / Roman mixup, Seth and Cody win, singles match. Solo, Jimmy, etc. come out Sunday night anyway but then in a call back to everybody's favourite Mania main event - Cena vs. Miz at Mania 27 - the Rock then comes and uses board member to restart the match and bar everybody from ringside under the threat of being fired, then Cody wins. It's a terrible idea but it amused me a lot when I thought of it. :D

Baz
05-04-2024, 06:14 PM
https://i.redd.it/gl9btmadb5s31.gif

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-04-2024, 07:08 PM
Does The Rock being THE FINAL BOSS mean that Roman is a lesser boss or perhaps even a mini-boss?

Shindig
05-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Not necessarily. Roman could be like an Emerald Weapon or that fucking bouncy ball cunt in Final Fantasy IX.

Pleb
06-04-2024, 12:20 AM
Shame Hunter couldn't put the Andre Battle Royale on the pre show tomorrow.

Pleb
06-04-2024, 12:33 AM
Well that was hilarious :D

Ben
06-04-2024, 07:06 AM
Has it really only been a year since the Snoople’s Elbow?

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Heyman :cool:

WWE is on fire. I’ll be let down if this isn’t one of the greatest PPVs of all time

7om
06-04-2024, 10:19 AM
Heyman :cool:

WWE is on fire. I’ll be let down if this isn’t one of the greatest PPVs of all time

I’m so excited for these two shows. Please don’t let us down, Trips.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 10:23 AM
Wont be able to watch live this year so I'm really hoping I can avoid all spoilers before I've watched the shows.

7om
06-04-2024, 10:46 AM
WrestleMania Predictions:

Night One
Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch (Women’s World Championship) - Not a huge Becky Lynch fan, to be honest. A bit cringe. Rhea on the other hand is a god tier performer. No brainer for me.

Judgement Day vs New Day vs New Catch Republic vs #DIY vs Awesome Truth vs A Town Down Under (Ladder match for WWE Tag Team Championship) - No bloody idea with this. Could be an all-time classic or a stinker. R-Truth has been great in tv the last few months and I’ve got no problems with Miz holding titles because he can carry a feud with his fat gob. Hoping for the best with this one.

Rey Mysterio and Andrade vs Santos Escobar & Dominik Mysterio - bit of a throwaway, this one. Should’ve really been either a singles match between Escobar and Rey or a big multi-man between LWO and Legado. Dom feels like he’s been shoe-horned into this at the last minute just because it’s his dad on the other side. Will probably be a decent match though.

Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill & Naomi vs Damage CTRL - no chance Jade is losing in her second match.

Gunther vs Sami Zayn (Intercontinental Championship) - Lived the build up for this on Sami’s side. Playing the underdog on tv for the last few months, which is his bread and butter. Gunther probably needs a shot higher up the card so would make sense for Sami to win this one. Then possibly defend it against Gable at Backlash.

Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins vs The Rick and Roman Reigns - what I like about Triple Haitch’s booking is that he seems to always leave himself lots of options and he’s done it again here. Could go either way and still make sense. If I was a betting man I reckon Bloodline win this one. For two reasons. 1) Can’t have Rock lose at WM in the twilight of his career. 2) It sets up the stipulation for huge shenanigans on night 2.

Night Two
LA Knight vs AJ Styles - don’t know why, but I haven’t really been able to buy into this feud. They’ve had Knight show up at AJ’s house a few weeks ago but it didn’t hit, for me. LA Knight should really have had a singles title by now so hopefully this is the start.

Bobby Lashley & Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford vs Karrion Kross & Akam & Rezar - Montez Ford is far too good for this. Have him turn on Dawkins already.

Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre (World Heavyweight Championship) - MVP of tv the last few months. Absolutely kills it on the mic every time. Beat Seth here and then defend against CM Punk at Clash at the Castle in the summer.

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton (United States Championship) - done a good job of building this. Not sure how it will play out in the match with Orton and Owens having a bromance every week on tv. Paul to retain and drop it to someone else (Bronson Reed), in future.

Iyo Sky vs Bailey (WWE Women’s Championship) - not really bothered about this match.

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes (WWE Universal Championship) - fucking hell. Cody has to win, right? But I said that last year. Again, if I’m a betting man I think shenanigans will occur in the second half of the match. Could be a clusterfuck if not booked right. I reckon Rick will interfere and cost Roman. Therefore setting up their eventual Tribal Chief match somewhere down the road. My only worry would be if Rick’s interference would weaken the effect of Cody winning. Conversely, I wouldn’t be surprised if Roman won so that he can overtake Backlund and Hogan in the coming months for longest reign. I genuinely don’t know what will happen here and that’s great for fans.

wullie
06-04-2024, 10:52 AM
Sounds like the ladder match will have two sets of winners to split the titles, I'd forgot there was just the one set until now.

7om
06-04-2024, 10:54 AM
Makes sense. Tag division is stacked right now.

Ian
06-04-2024, 12:23 PM
I'd rather one set of champs who could go between shows and one set of belts that aren't the fucking pennies.

Ian
06-04-2024, 12:48 PM
Night One
Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch (Women’s World Championship) - I like Becky, and initially thought when this started that she'd probably win this but as time has gone on I feel more and more like Rhea will retain. Not a disaster if she doesn't but probably the right result to keep it on her.

Judgement Day vs New Day vs New Catch Republic vs #DIY vs Awesome Truth vs A Town Down Under (Ladder match for WWE Tag Team Championship) - If there's one winner I think it'll be Miz and Truth. If they're splitting them and we have two sets of tag champs then I dunno who the other would be.... maybe JD keep one but it's still presented as a failure as part of the impending JD split? Really not sure, could be any result to be honest.

Rey Mysterio and Andrade vs Santos Escobar & Dominik Mysterio - Dom loses to cause further JD discord.

Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill & Naomi vs Damage CTRL - 7om had it right - 'no chance Jade is losing in her second match.'

Gunther vs Sami Zayn (Intercontinental Championship) - This match should be so good. Really torn on how it'll go. They're building up Sami as needing to win something but Gunther is gonna be involved in something title-y in Germany in August but I don't really see which World title they'd have him defending/winning by that show. I don't want every title reign to be endless so maybe between Glasgow and Berlin he gets the belt of Drew? His Punk feud doesn't need a title I'd say but given Punk was gunning for Rollins before feels like they'll go down that route anyway. I dunno, I think my instinct is that Gunther holds the IC title until Autumn.

Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins vs The Rick and Roman Reigns - As discussed upthread I can envisage ways they decide to have Cody and Seth win this but ultimately I reckon Rick and Reignsy will win here. Really wouldn't surprise me if Rick pins Cody either, even though you'd think that's what Rollins is there for. Rollins might have already left the match at that point to go fight off Drew or something. We'll see.

Night Two
LA Knight vs AJ Styles - Fairly meh feud to be honest and I don't have super high hopes for the match but AJ should keep it right. Knight to win and get his 'moment.'

Bobby Lashley & Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford vs Karrion Kross & Akam & Rezar - Who knows, or indeed cares? I'll say they give Bobbo a win.

Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre (World Heavyweight Championship) - Drew's winning. Rollins then hopefully actually gets a break. Plenty of people to pick up the slack on top end of the roster and let him heal up the various knackered bits of his body.

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton (United States Championship) - I wish this fucker was shit at wrestling. He'll be retaining though. He ain't taking a pin in a triple threat or on a Prime logo.

Iyo Sky vs Bailey (WWE Women’s Championship) - Only way I see Iyo winning this is if Bayley insists she needs it more but logically Bayley ought to be winning.

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes (WWE Universal Championship) - Covered further up. For fuck's sake please just have him win.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 12:59 PM
Can’t believe you’re all forgetting the USO/Uso slug fest.

Best chance of that being a good match is if they both open night 1 and just go all out. They’ve had good tag matches many a time so no reason they can’t just have a fast paced 10-12 min match. Worried they get given 20+ mins and we get rest holds and super kicks galore

Ian
06-04-2024, 01:02 PM
Oops. :D

Yeah Jey's winning that, you'd think / hope and I think they're gonna have to do what you've said and just have 10-12 at 100mph because if they try and do an actual "proper" match then yeah that ain't happening. That whole feud feels pretty undercooked to me, I think they've tried to rely on the stuff done previously to carry it but they really needed to do more and weave that properly into the Bloodline stuff .

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 01:04 PM
I'm going for O12.5 Superkicks in that match.

Free money.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 01:06 PM
Super kicks, splashes and sleeper holds.

Ian
06-04-2024, 01:07 PM
Don't forget samoan drops. They might do one of those each.

7om
06-04-2024, 01:58 PM
It will be very interesting to see what happens to the Bloodline members post-Mania.

Reigns: I hear everyone saying Roman will take time off. Isn’t that basically what he’s done the last 2-3 years? He’s not even 40 yet so I’m hoping all of that talk is premature. Do they hold off the match with Rick until WM41? If yes, do they do something with him over the summer? Big questions to be answered.

Solo: wouldn’t surprise me if he went, well, Solo. Although if I remember correctly, didn’t Reigns christen him as Tribal heir or something a while back? Don’t see him ready for that spot yet, personally.

Jey: got enough charisma in the tank to stay solo. Keep pushing the yeet bollocks and he will be fine. Can’t see him main eventing outside the confines of a Bloodline storyline, however.

Jimmy: he’s the one I worry for. Been overshadowed by his brother over the last year and will surely lose the 1-on-1 match at Mania. Unless he teams up with Solo as a tag team, he could get lost in the shuffle.

Heyman: can’t see him staying around to manage Jimmy or Solo. But then it would be a shame if he followed Reigns into part-time status. New client? Can’t see it if Reigns already said he won’t be Tribal Chief without Heyman by his side.

Rick: hasn’t he got another film coming up? Imagine he disappears until the feud with Reigns officially kicks off.

Ian
06-04-2024, 02:02 PM
I feel a bit for Solo. They'd made him look a bit of a killer and he's another that with Reigns barely around he's just lost all momentum because they haven't kept on having him murder people or have basically any agency of his own.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 02:41 PM
Solo seems to be in a tough spot. They keep making him lose.

Apparently including house shows (bollocks I know) he's on a 35 match losing streak or something. Hasn't won since he beat Cena.

2 draws/no contests in that.

Gray Fox
06-04-2024, 02:54 PM
Problem for Solo is he's not really that good at anything in particular. He's not bad, I just don't see what he's good at other than standing and looking moody.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 02:55 PM
He looked like he was sleeping during Heyman’s speech. All the wrestlers reacted to the ‘suck my dick’ line other than him :lol:

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 03:00 PM
He's paid not to react.

7om
06-04-2024, 03:43 PM
Solo seems to be in a tough spot. They keep making him lose.

Apparently including house shows (bollocks I know) he's on a 35 match losing streak or something. Hasn't won since he beat Cena.

2 draws/no contests in that.

I can understand house shows because heels will lose more often than not. More surprising is that he hasn’t won on tv. Makes me think he might go tag with Jimmy.

Ian
06-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Mahow is right, he is literally (for better or worse) being told to no-sell everything.

I think as a worker he's been fine from what I've seen (I never saw much of his NXT stuff, were you watching NXT at that point 'How?) but again, he's clearly being told to work a very particular way.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 04:03 PM
Not too much, was more just watching PPV's/special episodes during his run.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 04:27 PM
That tag match was fun as fuck. Pure Indy.

Bron’s spear was ridiculous :lol:

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 04:29 PM
HBK really doesn’t wanna let Bron go lol

Ian
06-04-2024, 04:33 PM
Do you have the Network Waff or do you stream it?

Was just sitting there wondering whether now I mostly like what they're doing again if I should consider giving them some money.

Ben
06-04-2024, 05:01 PM
Is NXT on now?

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 05:19 PM
Yeah. Started at 5

Stream, Ian. Get BT through my phone so have tv stuff on there but I mostly just watch clips that interest me rather than watch a show through. PPVs on here: https://methstreams.com/wwestreams/wwe-stand-deliver/

Good quality on phone so probs even better on a computer.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 05:24 PM
NXT getting 13k+ is some effort considering they weren’t doing much better when it was NXT: Black and Gold and just a glorified Indy company. Majority of the product are through the development structure. HBK and HHH are properly good at this thing.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 05:50 PM
Yeah. Started at 5

Stream, Ian. Get BT through my phone so have tv stuff on there but I mostly just watch clips that interest me rather than watch a show through. PPVs on here: https://methstreams.com/wwestreams/wwe-stand-deliver/

Good quality on phone so probs even better on a computer.

Could have given us a heads up before it kicked off, dickhead.

Ben
06-04-2024, 06:01 PM
What actual channel is it on? I’ve put the WWE Network on and it’s Undertaker vs. Edge lol.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 06:03 PM
I put it on but wanted to rewind to the start and it took me to the NXT BEFORE Stand and Deliver (Your money or your life) which wasn't too helpful.

Baz
06-04-2024, 06:05 PM
Currently watching the Wrestlemania episode of Scooby Doo on Boomerang to get ready. Shaggy and Scooby (skinny man and dead meat) in a 2v1 handicap match vs Kane :cool:

Ian
06-04-2024, 06:12 PM
Mayor Kane would simply jail Shaggy for clearly being high as a kite.

Ben
06-04-2024, 06:18 PM
What actual channel is it on? I’ve put the WWE Network on and it’s Undertaker vs. Edge lol.

Found it. Indian channels to the rescue.

Just in time for the main event I’m guessing?

Ian
06-04-2024, 06:19 PM
I love Dragunov but is Tony D'Angelo actually any good? What little I've seen the gimmick just looks like the worst sort of cringey nonsense that once upon a time would have been designed to amuse Vince.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 06:27 PM
He's got some in ring skills (mainly seen his tag matches with STACKS) but his gimmick is shockingly bad.

Ben
06-04-2024, 06:29 PM
I’m really not up to speed on NXT at all but Trick looks like money.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 06:30 PM
I really am not a fan of him and I really don’t know why. Maybe bc of Booker T

Ian
06-04-2024, 06:31 PM
I like Trick, he's not actually quite as good as Hayes I reckon but he looks the business. Both should be stars if WWE play their cards right.

wullie
06-04-2024, 06:33 PM
I like both and it should be decent but LA Knight and AJ Styles is the match I'm least interested in, even though the buildup had AJ flying all the way to Australia just to batter LA Knight which really is world class shithousery.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 06:35 PM
https://i.redd.it/s32xgza6broc1.jpeg

Who we thinking in 15 years then?

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 06:37 PM
Most of their build up has been outside of Smackdown since Bloodline and the woman’s stuff takes most of that up. I’ve enjoyed it - bit of a throwback. Knight drawing blood from AJ at the press conferences was a nice touch.

Feel like a few of the matches could have done with a stipulation more so than the Street Profits match. Normally they’re shit but it does feel like WWE are allowing things to be less PG. ladder match should be a corker. Fully expecting R Truth and maybe Waller to get both titles simultaneously

wullie
06-04-2024, 06:37 PM
How dare that graphic ignore Undertaker vs Kane.

Ben
06-04-2024, 06:45 PM
Maybe I retract my previous statement. That match was pretty shit. Both should have been DQed anyway for trying to hit their opponent with the chair right in front of the ref.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 08:05 PM
That tag match was fun as fuck. Pure Indy.

Bron’s spear was ridiculous :lol:

Just watched it, my word.

Bron is an absolute freak, very early Brock Lesnar.

Push him to the absolute moon.

7om
06-04-2024, 09:04 PM
2 hour pre show now starting.

Baz
06-04-2024, 09:37 PM
Honestly couldn’t tell you jack about the Usos (other than wanting Young Bucks to super kick their faces off) but that promo video got me invested.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 10:04 PM
Maybe I retract my previous statement. That match was pretty shit. Both should have been DQed anyway for trying to hit their opponent with the chair right in front of the ref.

Yeah that was dumb as fuck.

Spoiled a really good PPV.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 10:10 PM
They did keep reiterating that the ref was told to let as much as possible go tbf

7om
06-04-2024, 10:21 PM

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2024, 10:27 PM
At least it's not the coloured abortion I saw before.

Still painful to see.

wullie
06-04-2024, 10:44 PM
Considering the amount of advertising that's everywhere in the US I'm surprised they haven't been doing this kind of thing for years, particularly considering WCW used to do it in the 90s. US sports largely avoiding kit sponsors until recently seems odd as well.

7om
06-04-2024, 11:27 PM
Is this Becky Lynch’s level now, or is it because she’s ill? She looks terrible out there.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 11:27 PM
Honestly thought they moved Rhea/Becky to the pre show at first. Hopefully I haven’t missed much as thought this started at 1

Baz
06-04-2024, 11:34 PM
You’ve missed nothing besides a HHH promo

Baz
06-04-2024, 11:36 PM
Before I commit to this (open another beer) what time is the main event likely to be? 5?

7om
06-04-2024, 11:39 PM
I’d guess somewhere between 3:30 to 4.

Waffdon
06-04-2024, 11:39 PM
Doubt it. Be before 4 id imagine. I don’t think they do much more than 4 hours per night

phonics
06-04-2024, 11:50 PM
People like Judgement Day? They look like absolute dorks.

phonics
07-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Get Pete Dunnes mate some knee pads. He looks nude.

Baz
07-04-2024, 12:07 AM
‘It was effective either way’ :D after Miz jumped off the ladder while Priest wasn’t ready

Dark Soldier
07-04-2024, 12:08 AM
Class match that

Pleb
Holy fuck

7om
Yeah, that didn’t work. Predictably two teams in the ring while the rest lie in the floor watching. At least they split the belts, though. And happy with both winning teams.

Baz
07-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Biggest surprise is that Road Dogg and K-Kwik were never champions.

GET ROWDY

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 12:11 AM
‘It was effective either way’ :D after Miz jumped off the ladder while Priest wasn’t ready

Tbf the ladder was broken and Priest just completely ignored the referee screaming at him. Could’ve been much worse

7om
07-04-2024, 12:17 AM
Santos Escobar’s entrance music is so good. Proper villain stuff.

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 12:21 AM
Why are the tag teams in their wrestling gear like they’re in the match lol.

Carlito is definitely turning heel

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 12:39 AM
Main event getting 45 mins apparently (not including ring walks)

Christ

7om
07-04-2024, 12:40 AM
Don’t understand that tag match. They’ve built this Latino storyline now for months, but they end it with two football players that only the local audience would know.

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 12:43 AM
They’re a bunch of jobbers and mid carders getting their WM moment. Let them be

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 12:55 AM
This is much worse than expected:D

Bed time

Baz
07-04-2024, 12:57 AM
One of the boringest matches I’ve ever seen

7om
07-04-2024, 12:58 AM
The main event needs to save this show, because it’s not been great so far.

Baz
07-04-2024, 01:05 AM
Isn’t Rick getting gassed during his entrance? I think Sunday needs to save it cos tonight’s a write off.

phonics
07-04-2024, 01:06 AM
Best entrances by far

Baz
07-04-2024, 01:15 AM
Bed time
Same.

Safe to say that it’s not the best Wrestlemania ever.

phonics
07-04-2024, 01:16 AM
She can’t wrestle but imagine if she could. Money.

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 01:28 AM
Nvm forgot this match was on. This should be good.

I assume Zayn is winning. Should have been Gable but whatevs

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 01:30 AM
That camera of the Germans :lol:

Pleb
07-04-2024, 02:19 AM
This night 1 is a banger.

Dark Soldier
07-04-2024, 03:05 AM
This is fucking great

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 03:10 AM
Didn’t have Rhodes taking the pin but I suppose it doesnt really matter if he’s winning tomorrow.

Gimme Stone Cold and Cena

7om
07-04-2024, 03:13 AM
Sounded like Cody was getting some boos tonight. Good main event. Delivered what was needed.

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 03:18 AM
The crowd has been pretty shit. Stadiums too big, not enough marks to carry it

SvN
07-04-2024, 03:20 AM
Crowd was as bad as the Saudi shows. I thought the main event was belting after a slow start.

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 03:23 AM
Not ready for the heartache of McIntyre winning tomorrow and Priest cashing in

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-04-2024, 09:30 AM
Just finished the Women's tag match and the Network has shat its pants.

Audio and video are 10+ minutes out of sync.

Gray Fox
07-04-2024, 10:58 AM
Rhea v Becky - I never thought I'd see Motionless in White performing a WWE show so this was great. Entrances on the whole were so good for this show(with one exception). The correct winner here and there looked a gulf in quality between the two. Becky is so far from Big Time Becks now it's a bit sad. As for Rhea now, her problem is not hers really. They don't have anyone on her level.

Multi-tag Madness - I don't overly care for anyone in this. A bit of a way to separate the belts and give everyone a pay day. Then they can take that money and buy some better gimmicked ladders. The ref slapping Priest on the ankle was comical. They're lucky Miz landed alright with that spot. Good to see R-Truth get himself a moment.

Rey v Dom with others. - Stop doing this. Dom has to win these matches ffs. The Eagles themed ring gear was great and it's always great to see Jason Kelce. Maybe not here though? Lane Johnson looked a little out of place as well mind you.

Uso v Uso - Considering they work so well as a tag, they don't seem to work well against each other. Jey also had no chemistry against Solo the other day. Considering all of the wheel spinning we've had of these two turning back and forth over the last 2 years, this is not a great conclusion. I thought post match we were going to get Jey lift his brother up and console him, but no just cut to black. Have to hope the WWE don't Hardy Boyz these two in the future and just have Matt v Jeff again every year.
A special mention here for how shit Little Wayne is. I never want to see or hear that again.

Womens tag - WWE also really really need to get out of this habit of sticking the black guys/girls together when they've no idea. Match was fine for what was needed.

GUNTHA v Zayn - The continuous cut from Zayn seeing off his Mrs and kid, all the way through the curtain was glorious. No idea if Sami knew KO was going to be waiting for him but that was a lovely touch. Chefs kiss. It did give away the winner somewhat but there you go. Gunther looks all kinds of a star in his entrance and looks really good now he's leaned out fully.
Decent match with Gunther battering Sami for most of it. Not quite battering the shit out of him a la Sheamus, but it'll do. I'd say good but then we get to the end. The attempted splashes by Gunther were hilarious. Then a horrid looking 'brainbuster.'
Get Gunther into the main event scene now please.

Bloodline Bollocks - I saw an hour remaining before entrances and thought christ. This one went too long. The got the result right(I think) but I don't think they did enough to build friction here.
I did lol at Rick telling the ref he's in charge and he had to do as he says, then immediately take himself to the apron to properly wait for a tag in.
I also see we're back to Rollins selling a knee again forever. Please make it stop.
Having Cody replicate his pose from after he lost last year is also a nice little touch. Full chaos main event it is I guess. You also have the last realistic chance for a successful MITB cash in tomorrow.

phonics
07-04-2024, 11:36 AM
The rock cannot move. It’s like watching a tanker.

Gray Fox
07-04-2024, 11:49 AM
I also see Tony Khan is so rattled by CM Punk he's going to air the footage of what happened at All In now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-04-2024, 11:53 AM
All in all a pretty meh night one.

WALTER/Zayn was the best match on the card for me but I thought they played their hand a little too much pre-match so it was too obvious that Zayn would be winning. Although I did love the KO bit.

Uso CIVIL WAR the worst of the night, that was like pulling teeth out at times.

Ian
07-04-2024, 11:53 AM
Gunther vs. Zayn was really good, I quite liked Rhea vs. Becky though Becky did look to be suffering. Most of the rest of it was just fine I thought. Not helped by the crowd who initially I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt because those big open stadia can sometimes suck the noise out a bit but nah, there was stuff especially in that main event where they should have been making a lot of noise and just weren't. The closing stretch of the main event was decent and as as Fox said, Cody replicating the closing shot from last year was a nice touch. Also didn't expect Rick to be taking a Rick Bottom through the announce desk.

A fairly underwhelming night on the whole.

phonics
07-04-2024, 11:54 AM
When it came to the actual wrestling it was largely awful and saved by Sami.

phonics
07-04-2024, 12:04 PM
There was some decent 'ring psychology' in Becky vs Rhea but about 7 minutes in I wanted Michael Cole to never say the word 'Rhea's Left Arm' ever again.

wullie
07-04-2024, 03:21 PM
Unless the All In video shows Jungle Boy beating the shit out of CM Punk I can't see what it's going to achieve other than devoting more company time to an interview they'd just as easily ignore

Ben
07-04-2024, 03:44 PM
Finally finished watching.

Rhea vs Becky was decent but I was astounded at the gulf in quality between both. I thought Becky would bring it. Rhea unfortunately has nobody on her level to go with at the moment.

Ladder matches aren’t for me so I didn’t enjoy it, with a lot of the usual tropes sending me to phone browsing. Having two winners was crap, but at least Truth was one.

The Lucha match was pretty good. Lucha generally isn’t my cup of tea and gets confusing as fuck if you dive into CMLL or AAA but for what it was I quite liked it, probably because it was still early in the night. The live crowd didn’t seem to agree.

The Usos. Fuck me. I’ve been telling you lot forever how bad these guys actually are and now they’ve been exposed to the biggest audience possible. Piss break.

Women’s tag is all about getting Jade over. Those of us that watched AEW know how limited she is. It seems she still is but they protected her a lot better. Jade got over. Job done.

Ok I’ll say it, I just don’t like Sami Zayn. Sure he’s a good worker but I find his babyface selling a bit too hokey. Plus up until two weeks ago this match barely had a storyline. Still a good match but I couldn’t get invested, even though I love Gunther.

The main event was about as good as it could have been. We didn’t need the brawling into the crowd and in the second half when they largely stayed in the ring, it was much better. Apparently it was 45 minutes but it didn’t seem like it. I’m sure they foreshadowed the finish of the Night 2 main event so if that follows through then that’ll be nice. Rick held up a lot better than I anticipated and fair play to him for taking the bump through the announce table. Cody has to win tonight now, as they managed to kill the tension between him and Reigns so really all the heat will come from the outside interference and the 1-2-3 for the title change.

On the face of it the night as a whole was good but we had (perhaps prematurely?) hyped ourselves up for so much more.

Shout out to the production team. Some incredible stuff again.

Hopefully the crowd is better tonight.

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 03:51 PM
I have no idea why Night 1 was hyped up to be the better of the 2 nights. Tomorrow just looks better. Iyo/Bayley and Rollins/Mcintyre should both be better than most of yesterday and the main event will be a mess but a beautiful one at that.

Montez Ford gonna do something batshit in that tag match too

Ben
07-04-2024, 04:56 PM
Unless the All In video shows Jungle Boy beating the shit out of CM Punk I can't see what it's going to achieve other than devoting more company time to an interview they'd just as easily ignore

This is my thought. The obsession with a guy who is no longer there is absolutely incredible.

Gray Fox
07-04-2024, 05:12 PM
"Look! Look! He choked him out!"

Yes Tony, he told us all last week. What's interesting here is he could made himself look very silly because he said he feared for his life during the incident. Either now Punk is lying /downplaying it, or he told us the truth. If it's the latter you make the whole company look silly.

Ben
07-04-2024, 05:18 PM
I mean, it’s got to be a troll, despite what the journos are saying. They’re doing it during a Bucks segment who are playing carny heels.

The only way this looks in any way good for AEW is if Perry dusted Punk for real, and we know that certainly didn’t occur. Seems like an angle to reintroduce Perry to AEW as part of the Elite.

Once again catering to their (ever declining) niche audience at the expense of logic and making new fans. Basically exactly what Punk said in that interview.

Baz
07-04-2024, 05:26 PM
Ticketmaster have enabled reselling of All In tickets so I listed my spare pair for £400 each despite paying £432.75 each for them, hoping it would result in a definite sale.

However, the listing seems to include a £120 service charge (https://secure.ticketmaster.co.uk/rs/23005F6DD4C01105/l0f4m30j) (which I won’t receive, of course) so who on earth is gonna buy them?!

Really could do with this money back but it’s seeming less and less likely.

Ben
07-04-2024, 05:35 PM
WWE seem to be making it so obvious Drew is winning that I think they’ve successfully worked me.

I now think Punk will interfere and cost Drew, then Priest will cash in on Seth. Punk vs. Drew main event of Clash sans the belt.

:(

(Priest is pretty boss though)

Waffdon
07-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Drew said he’s leave the company if he lost so maybe he never actually signed. Who knows

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Drew said he’s leave the company if he lost so maybe he never actually signed. Who knows

I don't think he has signed a new contract. I think they've just added on months for his injury last year.

7om
07-04-2024, 06:42 PM
The Usos. Fuck me. I’ve been telling you lot forever how bad these guys actually are and now they’ve been exposed to the biggest audience possible. Piss break.

Yeah I was shocked at this match. Some are saying Jey possibly got injured early on and so they had to limit what they could do. Even if that is true, it was a truly shocking display. Probably also not helped that the Bloodline storyline is in its descent in terms of relevancy and these two have been on separate shows for the best part of a year.

I don’t know where these two go from here. Please just don’t let it be a rematch.

Baz
07-04-2024, 06:56 PM
Does night 2 kick off at 10 again?

wullie
07-04-2024, 06:57 PM
When I said AJ Styles vs LA Knight was the match I had least interest in it's because I forgot the Uso one entirely. I like them both in their separate roles but nobody gave a shit when they did the Ax and Smash start in the Rumble match and there was no real reason to care about this.

7om
07-04-2024, 07:03 PM
Does night 2 kick off at 10 again?

Pre-Show, yeah. Full show at 12 again I imagine.

7om
07-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Will also be interesting to see how the likes of Cody and Sami are booked after Mania. Clean cut good guys chasing the villains is booking 101, and I think they’ve done a great job with both of them. However, I think it becomes more difficult after they achieve their goal.

If I heard correctly, Cody starting getting some light boos last night. The exact same thing happened with Daniel Bryan in and around WrestleMania 30. The crowd were 100% behind him in the six months prior to Mania but there was a palpable turn once he started getting closer to winning the title. If my memory serves me well, there were definite boos on the Raws after that Mania. WWE got bailed out of having to carefully book Bryan because he got injured and vacated, so will be interesting to see how they handle these two.

Ben
07-04-2024, 08:19 PM
Philly/Mania marks. I wouldn't read too much into it (yet).

7om
07-04-2024, 09:47 PM
Potential spoiler

7om
07-04-2024, 11:19 PM
Rollins’ entrance reminds me of Adam Rose and the bastard rosebuds.

Drew wins or we riot.

Dark Soldier
07-04-2024, 11:26 PM
That McIntyre tweet for the phone spot is great

7om
07-04-2024, 11:41 PM
Fucking hell! No! I was all in on a McIntyre reign.

Dark Soldier
07-04-2024, 11:41 PM
Such a great start

https://i.ibb.co/vB6LZZ5/giphy.gif

7om
07-04-2024, 11:44 PM
Best to ever do it via social media.

phonics
08-04-2024, 12:07 AM
This has been 3x better than night 1 already.

phonics
08-04-2024, 01:10 AM
Eveery event a friend of mine hasn't seen Logan Paul and are disgusted that wrestling allows him in and 100% of the time they're amazed by him.

7om
08-04-2024, 02:00 AM
Well, here we go. Let the fuckery commence.

Dark Soldier
08-04-2024, 02:29 AM
This is fucking amazing

7om
08-04-2024, 02:34 AM
My fucking God. The most mental clusterfuck ever. Incredible.

phonics
08-04-2024, 02:35 AM
lol what a shit show. Mark Calloway desperate for cash clearly.

Dark Soldier
08-04-2024, 02:35 AM
Such a good fucking show tonight god damn

SvN
08-04-2024, 02:39 AM
I am sports entertained. Great finish.

7om
08-04-2024, 02:39 AM
Yep, massive upgrade over night 1. Really enjoyed it from start to finish.

phonics
08-04-2024, 02:43 AM
That HHH piece for the cameras is going to look awful when he its mentioned that Vince was doing it with ol Paul Levesques permission.

wullie
08-04-2024, 07:40 AM
Not seen any of either day outside clips yet but sounds that the second night was a big step up. Main event seems like classic nonsense that worked, only thing it needed was Steve Austin turning up to batter The Rock.

Good weekend for Rollins, two defeats and one for his wife and then flattened before he can even make his feet for his interference.

Baz
08-04-2024, 07:49 AM
Felt like a right mug for falling for the Moxley tease.

Gray Fox
08-04-2024, 08:02 AM
only thing it needed was Steve Austin turning up to batter The Rock..

I'm not sure why it was Undertaker and not Austin, but either way it was great. A whole lot of shenanigans, but I still can't believe we've finished The Story.

Felt like a right mug for falling for the Moxley tease.

I marked out big time because I thought the same. Lonely Seth coming out in Shield gear only to not get a hit in was sad afterwards. Great callback to the chair shot that started it all off though.

wullie
08-04-2024, 08:12 AM
Hopefully now they do a proper Raw after WM show again as well, the last few have been absolute dogshit.

phonics
08-04-2024, 08:25 AM
Undertaker couldn't even be bothered to take his hoodie off, let alone get in his gear so I presume they weren't paying Austin money for that part of the run-in.

Shindig
08-04-2024, 08:28 AM
Well, now that story's over, Rick can get back to what matters. Family.

<cue Simone becoming RAW GM>

Gray Fox
08-04-2024, 08:46 AM
Seth v Drew - Exactly what it needed to be. Great that Drew got his moment and in a pretty convincing win. However as soon as he was still hovering around the ring a good 5 minutes later you know what was coming next. Good for Priest getting his win too. Just a shame this likely means Drew doesn't get to parade the belt around Scotland.

Tag Match - There is nothing you could have done to make me care about this. Skipped to see who won.

LA Knight v Styles - Again I don't really care for it. This all felt very forced to get the two a match on the show. Correct winner at least. We'll see what they really think of Knight backstage with what he does next. I have a feeling he gets stuck in the upper-mid card, but they've likely already missed him when he was at his most over.

Triple threat - Now we know why KO was involved in this. To eat the pin. Cringey that we had to use the guy inside the prime bottle thing again. Not a fucking clue who the child in it was though. He looked about 14. Probably the right winner again as you'll surely want Randy to shake Codys hand then RKO him and challenge for the title.

Iyo Sky v Bayley - Finally! Bayley has deserved this for quite some time and good to see her get it.

THE STORY - Brandi on the entrance ramp in A.N attire another give away of the finish. The bit where we had to pretend this was a proper match at the start did drag on a little, but then we kick off the interference clusterfuck and it was glorious. This is so very much Sports Entertainment and they nailed it. It was just constant levelling up of star power coming down to the ring. Marking out left right and centre. I burst out laughing when the first gong hit for Taker.
Great to see that Roman loses because he had to hit Rollins with the chair first. I assume the bloodline goes into full meltdown now.

Show over both nights as a whole was pretty good. A few meh matches in it and a few too many video packages. They seemed very very keen to put over that this is now a Paul Levesque product and no longer anything to do with that other guy. I was shocked to see Steph too(she's looking good for pushing 50). First on-show appearance since before the Vince stuff all kicked off?
Production quality has been absolutely top notch. Some great long term storytelling pay offs. Commentary was great. McAfee still just sounds like an excited fan of the show most of the time. I will say I think they need to calm the swearing down a little. Some is great, but it does lose its effect if done too much.

wullie
08-04-2024, 08:57 AM
Drew can now chase the title and win it in Glasgow in another massive overbooked match with run-ins by Grado, the Highlanders and the ghost of Rowdy Roddy Piper.

phonics
08-04-2024, 09:00 AM
It's so perfect that years and years after his retirement, Wrestlemania has got back to what it's supposed to be about. HHH getting himself over.

The Paul Levesque era. Fuck off.

Waffdon
08-04-2024, 09:36 AM
Reigns losing the title by going for Rollins with a chair shot to the back was ‘rasslin greatness

Waffdon
08-04-2024, 09:52 AM
Best to ever do it via social media.

I just clocked that’s why he was on his phone lmao. What a guy

Hopefully he wins the title back asap. Priest is shite

Ben
08-04-2024, 12:10 PM
I’m sure they foreshadowed the finish of the Night 2 main event so if that follows through then that’ll be nice.

Indeed they did.

I was thoroughly sports entertained by that main event. Incredible shit. All the callbacks. Brilliant. I wonder why it was Taker over Austin though because that would have been the perfect adversary for Rick. However, minor point. That was beautiful.

Fuck the rest of the card, don't care. The opener was actually a really shit match but Drew is such a legend. The cash in sucks as a fan of his, but it very much works. The tweet lmao.

7om
08-04-2024, 12:39 PM
Reigns losing the title by going for Rollins with a chair shot to the back was ‘rasslin greatness

Which is a callback to Seth turning on him in the exact same way to break up the Shield.

7om
08-04-2024, 01:05 PM
It's so perfect that years and years after his retirement, Wrestlemania has got back to what it's supposed to be about. HHH getting himself over.

The Paul Levesque era. Fuck off.

Cope.

Waffdon
08-04-2024, 01:12 PM
Which is a callback to Seth turning on him in the exact same way to break up the Shield.

Aye, the way he fell into the ropes in the same manner was amazing

Felt like that was a goodbye from Rollins for a while.

Genuinely thought we were getting Ambrose as well. Would have been mega watching him bleed after a poke to the eyes

Waffdon
08-04-2024, 01:16 PM
Looking forward to the Raw tonight. Hopefully similar to a few weeks ago and a lot of storylines being created and progressed.

Expecting Gunther to wrestle a classic tonight against someone. Hopefully a few NXT call ups but I think we’ve already had them for Smackdown and we’ll start seeing Bron and Tiff every week

7om
08-04-2024, 01:19 PM
Aye, the way he fell into the ropes in the same manner was amazing

Felt like that was a goodbye from Rollins for a while.

Genuinely thought we were getting Ambrose as well. Would have been mega watching him bleed after a poke to the eyes

I questioned Rollins’ involvement in the storyline but fucking hell, they played an absolute blinder by weaving him into it. The foreshadowing in the weeks up to Mania all makes sense now.

Waffdon
08-04-2024, 01:23 PM
He did say he’ll be Cody’s shield and it all played out. Everything since the mania press conference has been perfect. Rick was marvellous. Should never be a face again - much better being a dick.

Pretty sure Rollins genuinely fucked his knee. The grimaces were too real and Owens was helping him up the ramp whilst everyone else was standing around not caring about Kayfabe

phonics
08-04-2024, 01:38 PM
Thank Christ

Waffdon
08-04-2024, 01:41 PM
Nothing is ever saving that TNA rip off, blud

wullie
08-04-2024, 02:14 PM
I found the Karrion Kross nonsense match surprisingly watchable thanks entirely to Snoop Dogg on commentary, get him back in again

Waffdon
08-04-2024, 04:27 PM
Hopefully Ricky starks being backstage for yesterday means he’s joining the Paul Levesque phenomenon whenever his contract ends

Ian
08-04-2024, 06:35 PM
Three general points:
- Crowd were way better tonight and it makes such a difference. Hats off especially to the Hey Bayley lads who kept the atmosphere going until the rest of the idiots there got with the program in the back half of that match.
- Even by their own high standards the video packages on these two shows have been fucking superb. The WWE video department don't miss.
- Much better night than night 1.

Drew vs. Seth - I wouldn't have had Rollins kick out of three Claymores, but I don't hate the idea on the whole that he was just desperately hanging on, and that it was a 12 minute match mostly filled with the two hitting their best shots because Drew just wanted to end up and Rollins knew he couldn't survive a twenty minute battle so he was just trying to do something to give himself a chance. Good fun, and did the job. And that Tweet is fucking superb. :D

Priest cash-in - I probably should have realised this was what was happening when Punk took Drew off the table, but they'd put the briefcase so out of my head I really didn't think of it before the music hit. Happy for Priest, and if it's him losing to Drew in Glasgow that crowd are gonna be mental.

We Definitely Call Them 'The Pride' Okay? vs. Karry On Krossing - A match it was already impossible to care about before they designated it the bants match by having Bully Ray and Snoop Dogg involved. Skipped most of it.

Knight vs. Styles - A bad feud with a hype package good enough that it almost had me misremember it as a decent feud. Not a terrible match or anything but yeah(!), not much real heat to it. At least Knight won. It'd be nice to get to see Styles win a match again at some point.

US Title Triple Thread, sponsored by Prime and Ben - I thought this was fun. I enjoyed the early stages where it was Orton and KO hating Paul too much to stop double-teaming him. They kept the pace up thereafter and fair play to Paul, he's always prepared to take his fair share of the heat. Another nice RKO counter for Keith's collection too.

Bayley vs. Iyo - Probably the match of the night / show in terms of Actual Good Wrestling Matches. Really liked this, glad the crowd finally sorted their shit out and got louder toward the end and it was cool to see Iyo get some great moments in defeat.

Cody vs. Reigns - Look, right, this wasn't a good match. But it was a FUN match, in a very Attitude Era clusterfuck sort of a way. I actually didn't even mind the walk-and-brawl or Roman slowly beating Cody bits because they didn't dwell on either part for too long and it came after a reasonably back-and-forth opening. After that part just so many good moments. Roman putting the table away to wind up the crowd for a start, and him basically telling Heyman he hit the Cross Rhodes for a laugh. And then all the overbooking comes. Jey wiping out Jimmy was satisfying, Cena and his bald spot is a slightly odd choice to be involved but between getting beasted by Solo, losing to Bloodline Reigns and history with the Rock I guess it'll do. Undertaker was there I assume only so he could teleport Rock and Cena away after their bit. I had wondered why, earlier beating or not, Rollins didn't really get land even one proper shot on Reigns but using the Shield music was a good callback generally but also to their Rumble match and as has been discussed further up, he was really there to set up the excellent chair shot call back. So much nonsense but I had a really good time watching it, and thank fuck Cody won this time.

Ian
08-04-2024, 06:38 PM
Re: Raw tonight, what is actually likely to happen? So far as I'm aware there is nobody really pending a long-awaited return and no proper big names they're likely to have signed (MJF? :henn0rz:) so unless there's anybody obvious I'm forgetting they're just gonna need to set us up with some killer of an angle if they want that Raw After Mania feel.

Shindig
08-04-2024, 06:45 PM
Karry On Krossing

That's got my Russo-era booking head spinning.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-04-2024, 06:49 PM
That was a lot better than night one.

The Drew tweet :cool:

Would have liked it if Austin was in Taker's spot as it would have been a much better moment with Rick overselling another Stunner.

Also, I think Waff is right regarding Seth's knee. He looked bad out there and would explain why he did nothing. Bar the quality chair shot callback.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-04-2024, 06:50 PM
Oh and I had the Bayley and Cody result spoiled for me.

How? Because WWE Shop sent me a fucking email at 8am with the subject being "Champs Are Crowned: Cody Rhodes & Bayley!", thanks dickheads.

Serves me right for not unsubbing ages ago.

Gray Fox
08-04-2024, 08:46 PM
Re: Raw tonight, what is actually likely to happen? So far as I'm aware there is nobody really pending a long-awaited return and no proper big names they're likely to have signed (MJF? :henn0rz:) so unless there's anybody obvious I'm forgetting they're just gonna need to set us up with some killer of an angle if they want that Raw After Mania feel.

MJF coming straight in to bring Cody back down to Earth would be incredible. No idea what his contract status is with AEW. But Tony will likely throw every penny he asks for at the moment. If MJF goes to the other side, it's game over.

I would 100000% put money on Cody saying a line of "You thought last night I finished my story, I'm here to tell you it's only just getting started" or something very similar.

They have signed another Fatu, so yay more Bloodline guys.

I suspect Breakker gets his monster push soon.

Waffdon
09-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Uso v Priest at Backlash? That’s gonna be stinky.

wullie
09-04-2024, 08:48 AM
Now that they don't have to awkwardly combine two belts into a record-breaking run, surely they can rename it the WWE Championship again rather than Cody being the ULTIMATE UNDISPUTED UNIVERSAL CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-04-2024, 08:51 AM
I'm watching RAW now, what do you lot reckon The Rock gave Cody?

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-04-2024, 09:04 AM
Cena :cool:

So glad they actually did that for Truth, a childhood dream come true.

phonics
09-04-2024, 09:06 AM
I'm watching RAW now, what do you lot reckon The Rock gave Cody?

A WWF Attitude condom

https://i.imgur.com/jDYaTy0.png

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-04-2024, 09:09 AM
I've never seen that but I'm also not surprised at all.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-04-2024, 10:08 AM
Uso v Priest at Backlash? That’s gonna be stinky.

Worst outcome from that fatal 4-way.

Would have preferred anyone else, although I guess McIntyre couldn't win due to Punk.

Gray Fox
09-04-2024, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately you can't just have Drew shit on Punk for weeks without them having to have a match about it.

wullie
09-04-2024, 11:02 AM
It's odd that both Drew and Cody won title matches at WM but were having better feuds with other people at the time.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-04-2024, 01:13 PM

Cracking callback.

Ben
11-04-2024, 07:07 AM
They actually showed the All In footage lmao.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-04-2024, 07:38 AM

Is that it? Barely an altercation.

Edit: I've just seen the crowd reaction :D Cocaine Tony in the mud.

Baz
11-04-2024, 07:45 AM
Malakai Black looks well better without his stupid makeup.

Ben
11-04-2024, 07:50 AM
Him strolling into shot with one hand in his pocket and the other holding a cup of coffee kind of sums the situation up.

I just can't fathom their reason for addressing it. Apparently the live crowd were chanting CM Punk as well. :facepalm:

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-04-2024, 07:51 AM
Him strolling into shot with one hand in his pocket and the other holding a cup of coffee kind of sums the situation up.

I just can't fathom their reason for addressing it. Apparently the live crowd were chanting CM Punk as well. :facepalm:

Yep, it's backfired so badly.

Ben
11-04-2024, 07:57 AM
Literally everyone was saying this would backfire ever since it was reported they'd do it. Even Bucks fanboy Dave Meltzer was practically saying not to do it.

wullie
11-04-2024, 08:06 AM
CM Punk gave a version of events on some guy's podcast, so AEW dedicated their own TV time to a video that backed him up while also making Jungle Boy, Tony Khan and the Young Bucks look like losers. I didn't understand what they were hoping for before it, even less so now

Waffdon
11-04-2024, 08:25 AM
AEW burying itself and being obsessed with WWE. Just another Wednesday:drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-04-2024, 08:31 AM
TK FEARED for his life though.

7om
11-04-2024, 12:19 PM
Fucking hell was that it? A scuffle that lasted for ten seconds that had Tony fearing for his life.

I don’t know what on Earth they were thinking this was going to achieve. They just come across as tinpot.

Ben
11-04-2024, 12:27 PM
I just think there's a massive insecurity amongst everyone involved with the promotion. Literally every other storyline is some form of "why aren't you my friend? :("

7om
11-04-2024, 12:30 PM
Conversely, great for Punk and therefore McIntyre.

Please, please let them parody this in gorilla.

Waffdon
11-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Majority of fans wouldn’t even get the reference and doubt WWE really care that much. Would be lol though.

Even Ospreay was trying to throw digs at HHH in that awful accent of his. Calm down BRUV

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-04-2024, 01:26 PM

Bubba burying the cokehead.

Waffdon
11-04-2024, 04:16 PM
I forgot the CCTV is from the UK. Punk could do the funniest thing

Ian
11-04-2024, 04:17 PM
You know it's bad when even he can have a reasonable take on it.

Gray Fox
11-04-2024, 04:53 PM
That supercunt Punk can be himself and have choked someone out and got fired, yet still be the one that looks much the better coming out of this, says a lot about how badly Tony has taken/handled this.

phonics
11-04-2024, 05:04 PM
Swear WWE fans are obsessed with AEW. It's shit who givs a fuck. Waff literally doesn't watch either show and posts like its Chelsea v Spurs. So tiresome to come into this thread and every time it's YOU'RE A MORON THAT DOESN'T GET THE BUSINESS BROTHER.

Gray Fox
11-04-2024, 05:07 PM
Do you have any CCTV of Waff to absolutely show what a bad man he is?

phonics
11-04-2024, 05:09 PM
Got 12,887 posts.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Swear WWE fans are obsessed with AEW. It's shit who givs a fuck. Waff literally doesn't watch either show and posts like its Chelsea v Spurs. So tiresome to come into this thread and every time it's YOU'RE A MORON THAT DOESN'T GET THE BUSINESS BROTHER.

Dry your eyes, lad.

Browning
11-04-2024, 05:46 PM
I forgot the CCTV is from the UK. Punk could do the funniest thing

Report them to the ICO so they possibly get fined a few grand in about 4 years time? Hilarious.

Waffdon
11-04-2024, 06:37 PM
Alright, Phonics.

Ben
11-04-2024, 07:37 PM

“WWE fans”

It’s only one side making this a tribalism thing.

Personally I’ve no issue calling a spade a spade with either company, AEW have just been extra shit in the last six months and we all love a good lol. Making a guy in another company the babyface is a whole new level.

phonics
12-04-2024, 07:48 PM
Fuck Rhonda Rousey as a person obviously but the part of her book about wrestling as a business is great. Her Ghostwriter deserves an award because she's not coming out with poetic shit like this on her own.

https://i.imgur.com/8w1XWNi.png

Ben
13-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Why fuck Ronda Rousey? Genuine question, I’m not being argumentative.

Oh and New Japan just put their World title belt on Moxley in one of their strangest booking decisions since Inoki’s MMA fetish. He bled of course.

Shindig
13-04-2024, 08:29 AM
She's a Sandy Hook truther. Also, there's some transbashing in there but Sandy Hook being a CONSPIRACY is top of the tree.

Waffdon
13-04-2024, 09:09 AM
Genuinely thought Tiffy Time was going to be Titty Time during that match

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-04-2024, 09:36 AM
Stop pretending you watch the shows.

Ian
13-04-2024, 09:44 AM
So what's this Tama Tonga like?

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-04-2024, 09:56 AM
Watching it now.

Solo becoming even more of a bastard is great.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-04-2024, 10:00 AM
Bron's new theme is fucking horrendous.

Gray Fox
13-04-2024, 10:29 AM
That's not even the Fatu they just signed either. More to come :p

Although the guy getting pissy about 1 loss, being on a near year long losing streak, is a little lol.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-04-2024, 10:40 AM

Retribution BACK?!?!?!

Ben
13-04-2024, 12:39 PM
Bo Dallas.

phonics
13-04-2024, 12:42 PM
Why fuck Ronda Rousey? Genuine question, I’m not being argumentative.

Oh and New Japan just put their World title belt on Moxley in one of their strangest booking decisions since Inoki’s MMA fetish. He bled of course.
I’ll just start and finish with Sandy Hook.

Shindig
13-04-2024, 12:43 PM
It makes out a four. Fourtune confirmed.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-04-2024, 01:21 PM
Bo Dallas.
I would like to continue forgetting about him.

Shindig
13-04-2024, 01:26 PM
What if it was Bo Dallas in the Fiend get-up?

Ben
13-04-2024, 01:30 PM
It was. It's Uncle Howdy. I wasn't just plucking a random name, I've seen it reported as being Bo Dallas already.

wullie
13-04-2024, 01:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LUqIpq2.jpeg

Disco
13-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Opportunity to reform the Forgotten Sons, what's nazi Gunnar doing these days?

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-04-2024, 08:26 PM

Fuck.

Baz
15-04-2024, 08:37 PM
Put it on Jade Cargill and do a Roman Reigns run.