PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate WWE Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-06-2023, 07:48 PM
I liked it but I don't think it was anything special.

I think both of them played it up too much.

It might have been Adam Cole's best match but Gargano has been in better matches in NXT (such as the one against Andrade which was the first takeover I watched and that match doesn't get talked about enough).

Ben
15-06-2023, 08:56 PM
Gargano is very high on the most overrated list. Then I suppose you can add in the rest of that ilk.

phonics
15-06-2023, 09:03 PM
Johnny Gargano is the most boring milquetoast wrestler in decades.

Ian
15-06-2023, 09:15 PM
Gargano is wildly overrated, and yet better (in the ring) than Cole.

DIY were fucking mega though and anyone who things otherwise is not only objectively wrong but probably also just a bad cunt.

Ciampa > Gargano though and it's not especially close.

wullie
15-06-2023, 09:18 PM
Is there any particular reason Adam Cole looks so scrawny now? He was never Billy Beefcake or anything but he looked the part a lot more than he does now. Lovely hair still

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-06-2023, 09:18 PM
Heel Ciampa :drool:

When he'd come out for promos and just not talk it was incredible.

The whole audience was booing the fuck out of him.

Ian
15-06-2023, 09:23 PM
Heel Ciampa in NXT was incredible. No music, just boos.

That was a tremendous story before HHH had it disappear up its own arse.

Is there any particular reason Adam Cole looks so scrawny now? He was never Billy Beefcake or anything but he looked the part a lot more than he does now. Lovely hair still

I assume he's decided his own hype is better than being in the gym ever. I'm no VKM physique horn guy but Cole genuinely just looks like a dude these days and it hurts his credibility if you're not in love with his ring work.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Rumours are that Carlito has signed a deal with WWE :drool:

7om
15-06-2023, 10:11 PM
Surprised it took this long. His last few cameo appearances he’s looked great.

Baz
16-06-2023, 06:53 AM
Doesn’t help that Adam Cole physically has the same body as me.

Oh there’s a new page. Point has been covered

Ben
16-06-2023, 08:19 PM
Kevin Kelly and Nigel McGuinness announcers for Collision. Nice.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-06-2023, 08:21 PM
Nigel :cool:

Still can't believe WWE fired him, he was easily their best commentator.

Gray Fox
16-06-2023, 08:29 PM
I see Punk has already annoyed people before he's even returned again.

wullie
16-06-2023, 09:03 PM
I can't see that he's really said anything new or controversial in the interview, it ended up being about as explosive as the end of that Omega match

Baz
16-06-2023, 10:11 PM
Funny that they're building a whole new show around this tosser who's knees will very likely capitulate the moment he tries something decent.

Thunder Rosa is on the poster so she better come back soon. Problem is there are so few decent (nevermind actually "good") women wrestlers and now they're spread across stupid brands that she's gonna fight endless jobbers and be Jade Cargill mk II, only far less sexy.

Rosa - Baker - Cargill, triple threat I quit elimination match. Would be 8 stars.

Ben
17-06-2023, 04:59 AM
Punk is always going to ruffle feathers but this latest interview seems like a big work. And to be honest he’s looking more favourable every day because the Young Bucks can’t help themselves with the constant passive aggressive tweeting.

Disco
18-06-2023, 12:03 AM
If it's one thing you can rely on Uncle Tony for it's splurging on a song or two, now all he needs is for people to watch. I also seem to hear Kevin Kelly on comms, never a bad sign.

phonics
18-06-2023, 01:08 AM
Current review of Collision Segment by Segment

1) CM Punk promo segment. He sucks and peoples love of him has baffled me forever.
2) Luchasaurs v Wardlow. Burying Wardlow and putting over some old WWE midcarder who can't even wrestle. I'd accept the decision if the match wasn't boring as fuck. I did a rundown of the first 5 minutes of the match. big boot, outside scrum, body slam, 3 headlocks. Picked up after that but largely shit.
3) Buddy Matthews v Andrade: Great match and Ben will love it for the sheer amount of#PSYCHOLOGY and #STORYTELLING when it comes to the injuries. Spooky boy dogshit at the end.
4) Miro match: I can't believe they're still making me watch Tony Neese segments. He must have some absolute dirt on Tony Khan.
5) Womens tag match. Couldn't pay me to care about this NWO knock off vs two green (ironically) af happy positive role models dogshit.

Browning
18-06-2023, 06:51 AM
If anything that’s kind on Luchasaurus. I had no idea who he was and after a google I'm probably less sure.

wullie
18-06-2023, 07:41 AM
Punk is one of the most compelling talkers they have, he can turn a phrase and sound like he actually means it. Other than him it's MJF, Christian, Samoa Joe if they let him and maybe one or two others at most

Ben
18-06-2023, 05:26 PM
I’ve only watched the opening segment so far but I like that it has a completely different feel to Dynamite. That’s why Rampage failed, it was just Dynamite B.

Waffdon
18-06-2023, 09:58 PM
I’ve just been down a wormhole of John Cena promos and compilations. I genuinely don’t think anyone could hang with him in a mic battle even in their prime. Even less so if you weren’t in a PG era

Also forgot the amount of wild stuff he got away with back in the day with the Thugonomics schtik

7om
18-06-2023, 10:46 PM
Just caught up with SD. Popped like a 12 year old when Jey kicked Roman. Another killer Bloodline segment.

Ben
19-06-2023, 06:08 AM
Yeah, the Bloodline stuff meandered for a month or so after Mania but it's hot again now. Clearly this thing has been planned out so far in advance that it's inevitable there will be filler weeks.

Speaking of things being planned out so far in advance, Collision opened with Lucha-fucking-saurus winning the TNT title from our boy Wardlow in a horrendous match. A(nother) title change just because they think they had to open a new show with one. That title should be killed at this point and Wardlow should be pulling Regal stunts to get to WWE. Otherwise it was a good show I think. Some fluffed production but I liked that Miro seems to be lined up to be served a diet of jobbers and the main event was cool, even though they could have delayed that match for a week to sell tickets.

wullie
19-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Such a waste with Wardlow, he was great with the MJF stuff but then they immediately put him against the lawyer nobody cares about, which follows a recurring theme of them killing momentum either by design or whatever else, the Acclaimed seem to have been relegated to the background also. All of them getting Zack Rydered

Ben
19-06-2023, 08:43 AM
I'm not the biggest Acclaimed fan personally (the rapper gimmick is played out already and they're still green as fuck) but there's no denying they were over as fuck and I haven't the faintest idea what they were thinking taking the titles off them, because the argument that they had long term plans just doesn't fly in that company.

Baz
19-06-2023, 08:48 AM
Is Rampage staying? I can’t be watching three shows a week. I’ve already made a decision to not bother with ROH, and it’s looking like I’ll scrap Rampage now.

Ben
19-06-2023, 08:51 AM
Rampage will stay because WBD want to pay for it (nutters) but it'll end up as a televised version of Dark/Elevation quickly (if it hasn't already).

Ian
19-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Just caught up with SD. Popped like a 12 year old when Jey kicked Roman. Another killer Bloodline segment.

Yeah it was great. They're going a bit heavy with the double twists in these segments sometimes but it doesn't really matter when it's delivered well and the crowd are there for it.

Also a minor point but in a time when people sell a superkick like it's a jab half the time I really appreciated Roman selling both Jeys kick and the doubler like he'd been hit by a bus.

wullie
19-06-2023, 09:50 AM
It's bizarre how much better Reigns became when he got to tell them he wasn't just doing the superman shield succotash stuff, but makes me wonder is Seth Rollins coming up with whatever he is himself too? Maybe not everyone should have that much control.

Ben
19-06-2023, 10:07 AM
I think Moxley too has shown Reigns is the one with the knack for it. Who would have said that in their first couple of years?

Apparently Danielson has a lot of input in the BCC bollocks so even the great wrestlers aren't always cut out for it.

Ian
19-06-2023, 10:18 AM
I don't often have opportunity to Told You So my previous fantasy booking things but I was saying years ago Reigns would be an excellent swaggering bully, and if anything he's even better than that with all the paranoia and mood swings and shit.

Rollins definitely needs more of an editor. Or at least just be told to stop the HEH HEEEHH HEEEEEEHHHHHH cackling. His feud with Reigns and what they did in the match, last year was really good but he's much better when he pares back the cackling.

Shindig
19-06-2023, 10:20 PM
That Punk promo was good until he started giving me several Bobby Fish flashbacks. The word 'lie' is ruined for me, I know. He's enough of a cunt for any opponent to sling that back at him if they just have the nerve to string the words together.

Ben
20-06-2023, 06:28 AM
Ciampa is back and Logan Paul walks into the MITB match because reasons.

Ian
20-06-2023, 06:52 AM
The worst thing is that from a pure business perspective giving Paul the briefcase probably makes a fair bit of sense. What a dreadful thought.

Ben
20-06-2023, 06:59 AM
The whole briefcase gimmick has run its course and needs to die. Unless they're putting it on LA Knight of course.

Gray Fox
20-06-2023, 07:24 AM
The briefcase is a heel tool/gimmick, or for a face you need it to be the plucky underdog style face. Perfect for someone like Logan Paul. Problem is you'd need a lot of fake cash in teases or it becomes either a pre announced match, which ruins it a bit, or a very obvious cash in opportunity will pop up.

LA Knight, who I still dont really get, but to each their own, seems to be a bit of a 'tweener' so it could work. I would personally have him be the one that ends Walters reign and give Damian Priest the briefcase. He really should win some gold and actually make the Judgement Day mean something beyond Ripley.

Ben
20-06-2023, 07:26 AM
LA Knight needs to smash cackling Rollins in the face with the briefcase and take that belt.

Ian
20-06-2023, 09:45 AM
I don't reckon Knight is winning. Priest winning and then something (either an actua cash in or a teased one) happening around Rollins / Balor makes sense as they've already done groundwork for Priest / Balor having an issue.

Sadly Paul is possibly more likely than Knight but they may also just be setting up Paul's next quarterly appearance. And they did more stuff with him and Rick O'Shea last night so maybe they'll set up those two doing a load of flips at each other on an upcoming PPV. Wouldn't hate that as a match.

phonics
22-06-2023, 09:38 PM
Can anyone explain this obsession with segment ratings in AEW. Who is not watching AEW, finding out that x or y is on the tv for 8 minutes, and then going back to not watching. Maybe 12 people?

Shindig
22-06-2023, 10:02 PM
It used to be a big thing during the Monday Night Wars. Tony lives his life by that.

Baz
25-06-2023, 07:58 PM
Just watching last nights Collision ahead of Forbidden Door tonight. Tanahashi seems trash. Everyone seems to be fuming that Jungle Boy is going for the big title against Sanada. Is Sanada actually good or is he a botch machine who seemingly doesn’t kick out of two-counts, like Tanahashi? If so, could they not have done Sanada vs MJF?

Really looking forward to Okada vs Danielson, and obviously Omega vs Ospreay. In fact the whole card is pretty stacked.

Disco
25-06-2023, 08:11 PM
You can't do Sanada / MJF because either it's a shitty non-finish or one of them has to lose. And yes you could be forgiven for mistaking 2023 Tanahashi for a big sack of gravel with a haircut on top but it's a bit like judging the Undertaker on anything he did in the last decade of his career.

Baz
25-06-2023, 08:13 PM
You can't do Sanada / MJF because either it's a shitty non-finish or one of them has to lose. And yes you could be forgiven for mistaking 2023 Tanahashi for a big sack of gravel with a haircut on top but it's a bit like judging the Undertaker on anything he did in the last decade of his career.

Ah fair enough.

Is this Naito as equally over the hill?

Disco
25-06-2023, 08:17 PM
Naito isn't quite there yet but he has thrashed himself pretty hard over his career (ie he's Japanese).

Baz
25-06-2023, 08:20 PM
Christ just seen CM Punk’s opponent has also been dug up. All the footage was from VHS, I think.

Is NJPW mostly old men?

Disco
25-06-2023, 08:35 PM
Kojima? Not the most inspiring of choices but then again I'm not sure how keen I am to watch CM Punk wrestle in 2023 either. I can't be arsed to work it out but I'd be interested to know the average age across the main promotions/rosters.

Baz
25-06-2023, 08:56 PM
That’s the guy.

Man I love Dax Harwood so much. Some bloke in the crowd was trolling during the 8 man tag match main event (“CM FTR” & Ricky Starks vs the ass boys, jay white and juice Robinson) shouting “go get your breather” when everyone was just standing around outside the ring cos it had gone for adverts, and Dax looked like he was gonna thump him, but then laughed at him and gave him and his mate a big hug.

Nice to hear Punk get booed the whole time he’s in the ring.

Gray Fox
25-06-2023, 09:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fzd0usMWIAAlbFm?format=jpg&name=medium

Adam Cole no longer allowed through the forbidden door (baybay). They just pulled him from the show.

Baz
26-06-2023, 09:11 PM
So nobody wanna talk about Forbidden Door?

Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay was everything we hoped for and more. Now we just need the rubber match to be booked for All In so that on Sunday night I get to stay up late, and watch Kenny Omega while I masturbate. :huhu:

Ian
26-06-2023, 09:46 PM
I haven't watched any of the three matches I plan to watch yet. The length of Omega / Ospreay is a bit bleurgh but I'll give it a go.

As time goes on 30+ minute matches are becoming the equivalent of a three hour film for me and I very rarely feel like they couldn't have achieved the same in two thirds of the time.

Baz
26-06-2023, 09:51 PM
Nah this is a thriller from start to finish. FIGHT FOREVER. (Preordered that today by the way) Well worth your time.

Also I take back everything I said about Satoshi Kojima. He was excellent.

However, Disco calling Tanahashi a sack of gravel with a haircut is unfair to gravel. He’s trash and should be nowhere near MJF.

phonics
26-06-2023, 09:55 PM
I make fun of him as much as anyone else but when people say ‘Why would you want an absolute mark like Tony Khan’ in charge it’s because he will pay the annual salary of a wrestler to give Daniel Bryan the Final Countdown as an entrance song just so he can mark out to it.

Shindig
26-06-2023, 10:15 PM
Ironically the wrestler entrances in the game are SECONDS long.

Ian
26-06-2023, 10:26 PM
That's probably to give you less time that half the roster looks like they were made by people who've never seen the wrestlers in question.

Shindig
26-06-2023, 10:36 PM
CM Punk looks like Popeye. :(

Ben
27-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Haven't watched any. I'm not interested enough to put myself out to be honest apart from the two big singles matches and apparently Danielson got injured and it ruined the end.

wullie
27-06-2023, 08:50 AM
Keen to see the reviews for the AEW game, what I've seen of it I can't tell if it's amazing or comical. If it gets the thumbs up I'm snapping it up, loved the old N64 ones

Ian
27-06-2023, 09:28 AM
CM Punk looks like Popeye. :(

He does. And Andrade just looks like an entirely different person. And there are plenty of other dodgy ones too. Might've been Nick Jackson who looks like a Sontaran version of himself.

Disco
27-06-2023, 10:04 AM
Also I take back everything I said about Satoshi Kojima. He was excellent.

He apparently apologised on Twitter saying 'My elbow drop hit his cock. Sorry. But it's not on purpose because I don't have that kind of technology'. I thought he did well given most of the older guys were in tag matches, he still has a good amount of mobility for 52.

Browning
27-06-2023, 10:30 AM
I assume the AEW game has improved since the original screenshots and that kills my interest. I wanted a game where everyone was cosplaying as Giant Gonzalez.

Ben
27-06-2023, 10:33 AM
Kojima is still fun and still does long singles matches in All Japan and NOAH. He was a beast in his 30s.

wullie
27-06-2023, 10:34 AM
I remember the early shots had Kenny Omega looking like a pumped up Vince McMahon wet dream

https://i.imgur.com/jDFq4KP.png

Like an elaborate balloon animal

Ben
27-06-2023, 10:38 AM
Fuck. :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-06-2023, 11:16 AM
I was pissing myself seeing so many AEW marks saying it looks amazing on Twitter.

Baz
27-06-2023, 11:44 AM
Someone on Twitter (https://twitter.com/JoeMashups) has copied the models from the Fight Forever data and used them in WWE2k23. They actually look really good, it's just that they're badly put together in FF.

Ian
27-06-2023, 12:37 PM
If they can't get the likenesses right despite having the license they should take the Pro Evo approach and give them all off brand names.

Denny Amiga, Max Fredman, John Boxey, that sort of thing.

Ben
27-06-2023, 01:20 PM
Max and Jeremy Buck.

Shindig
27-06-2023, 01:24 PM
I’ll be getting a review wrote but it does feel more immediate than the WWE games. There’s not a lot in the package, though. Partly because it’s a first year product and secondly due to AEW being a smaller promotion.

Ben
27-06-2023, 01:30 PM
I've not played Xbox since I came home leathered one night about 15 years ago and pissed all over it, but going off the screenshots floating around on Twitter, this game could easily pass for 2008. Dreadful.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-06-2023, 07:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4V6gGKq.png

:drool:

Ian
27-06-2023, 08:07 PM
Oh blimey. Guess it makes sense SRS might be over for MITB.

Raw sounds like it had some "why put these guys in a match when neither needs to lose?" booking with Hayes losing his main roster debut the day before a NXT title defence and Sami losing to Gunther (though I will be watching that.)

Waffdon
28-06-2023, 10:02 PM
I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up but I’ve just looked at the odds for MITB

YEAH YEAH YEAH

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-06-2023, 10:12 PM
You will be disappointed when Damian Priest wins.

phonics
28-06-2023, 10:44 PM
If it’s about the business then Logan Paul should win it while LA Knight uses his organic over ness to justify his own title run.

Ian
29-06-2023, 06:16 AM
Logan Paul for depressing business reasons, Priest has a better baked in story, Knight is the most over.

Dunno if I'd have it in that order as most likely, Paul could as easily be there to set up his next singles match and it's a toss up between Priest and Knight.

I watched Omega / Ospreay last. Ight. Too long as expected but really good, and despite being too long it it still felt about a tenth of the length of either of those awful Edge / Orton matches.

Ben
29-06-2023, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't be too upset with a Priest win, but it's got to be him or LA Knight.

Omega vs. Ospreay I dunno. Agree it felt too long and it was just for the sake of it really. Not a bad match, but absolutely nowhere near their Tokyo Dome effort. I just think Omega is incapable of matching his Japan level in AEW, regardless of the circumstances.

Gray Fox
29-06-2023, 07:23 AM
The only two that make sense in the kayfabe world is Priest and Logan Paul.

Priest is my pick for who should win. You get him right on the cusp of will he/wont he? For a face turn, or to get into a fight with Balor in a power struggle. This way assumes Balor beats the joker. You can play off the 'you wouldn't cash in on me, would you?" for a little bit. Have Balor be left in compromising positions a few times with Priest really looking like he wants to, but doesn't.

If the joker keeps his belt, then you need Logan Paul with it. Constant teases should be the name of the game to get in Seths head, but I bet they'd have him announce ahead of time they'll set up a match for SummerSlam.

Knight is over, but you need to use that organically and not with the briefcase.

Ian
29-06-2023, 09:34 AM
I very much doubt they'd go this way and switch the title so soon but could also see a version of this where Priest wins, HELPS Balor and you have the shot of them with the briefcase and world heavyweight belt but Balor looking shifty about Priest.

Probably a very low percentage chance of that though.

Baz
29-06-2023, 09:38 PM
Fight Forever is pretty poo.

Trancemeister
30-06-2023, 08:00 PM
RIP Droz

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 07:38 AM

Incredible.

7om
01-07-2023, 07:59 AM
I really don’t want to go full Jim Cornette mode here, but I hate it.

Ben
01-07-2023, 09:23 AM
I get the feeling from his segment on Smackdown that they’re actually going to pull the trigger on LA Knight and I’m absolutely ready for it. The fans are just desperate to shout his catchphrases.

Gray Fox
01-07-2023, 11:13 AM
Also good to see them laying the groundwork for Solo having his head turned too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c7SCqbZbYY

Within 6 minutes Christian decides to eliminate himself and Trent eliminates himself along with Sammy Guevara.

The game looks so fucking shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 07:05 PM
Please no Logan Paul win.

Gray Fox
01-07-2023, 07:10 PM
I know Alexander-Arnold wants to try a new position but that's taking the piss.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 07:11 PM
Crowd is fucking amazing.

Dark Soldier
01-07-2023, 07:12 PM
Watching this cos a mate is there and might spot him in the crowd.

Anyway why is LA Knight so fucking over? Last I watched nobody gave a shit.

Gray Fox
01-07-2023, 07:19 PM
Watching this cos a mate is there and might spot him in the crowd.

Anyway why is LA Knight so fucking over? Last I watched nobody gave a shit.

I don't know either. I find the yeah thing annoying myself.
Seems to have come from nowhere too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Rick O'Shea :cool:

He should be in every ladder match.

Dark Soldier
01-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Ricochet should me more over that dude is mental

Dark Soldier
01-07-2023, 07:25 PM
Also Logan please win you're a cunt bur you're so good at this

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 07:30 PM
Fucking hell.

Logan Paul and Ricochet just went all out with that spot.

Dark Soldier
01-07-2023, 07:31 PM
That was madness, split second from two broken necks

Waffdon
01-07-2023, 07:44 PM
Priest is alright but LA Knight is the most over person in the company. SHITE

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 07:49 PM
lol didn't see that happening.

Gray Fox
01-07-2023, 08:02 PM
Priest is alright but LA Knight is the most over person in the company. SHITE

You don't but the briefcase on a super over face unless the plan is to cash it in immediately.

He should be dethroning Gunther if he's anywhere near that Honky Tonk record.

Waffdon
01-07-2023, 08:12 PM
He’s not technically a face tbf. He’s meant to be a heel but is over organically.

I do like Judgement Day so it’s not the end of the world

Dark Soldier
That pop for Drew was fantastic tbf

Dark Soldier
Also is Cody done as one of the top guys now lol

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 08:18 PM
Nah, he's still in a feud with Bork but the final match wont be until Summerslam so they gave him a filler match here.

Dark Soldier
01-07-2023, 08:24 PM
Ah fair enough

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 08:27 PM
Rhea :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 08:41 PM
Mania in London? Fucking hell.

That's got to be at Wembley.

I need a ticket.

Dark Soldier
01-07-2023, 08:44 PM
This Aussie dude is good on the mic, oddly enjoying this segment

Gray Fox
01-07-2023, 08:50 PM
Big Promo John delivers again.

Gray Fox
01-07-2023, 09:02 PM
The last 5 straight womens MiTB winners have all cashed in on the same show, or RAW the show after. Will we see any different here?

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 09:09 PM
Zoey Stark and Trish have taken some massive bumps here.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 09:12 PM
Really liked the ending to that MITB match.

Dark Soldier
That was a great ending

Gray Fox
Great booking to have her literally climb over Bayley to win it.

wullie
01-07-2023, 09:28 PM
If they're actually planning Wrestlemania in London it's entirely because of the AEW show, so Tony Khan does some good work once in a while.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-07-2023, 10:36 PM
Slow burn in the main but it picked up well and the finish was quality.

Could have done without the customary ref bump.

Gray Fox
02-07-2023, 12:36 PM
I caught a bit of the middle of the show and caught up with the rest this morning.

Mens MiTB - Thought it was decent. Not the best one they've ever done but certainly not the worst. Priest is the correct winner here, but not the one the WWE UNIVERSE want. The big hint of a face not winning is it going on first. That either means heel wins or there's a cash in the same night and the latter made not much sense at this time.

Womens tag - I have less than zero interest in Ronda these days. I only tend to watch the big PREMIUM LIVE EVENTS and maybe the odd bit of highlights so to me the big turn in the match seemed unearned and out of nothing. Even though that was the inevitable destination anyway.

Walter v Stoner bro - Seemed a little short, but Walter goes over strongly and correctly. Riddle looks like some kind of sex pervert. Those trunks are at least a size too small, the hair combo with it too. No thanks. And put some fucking shoes on.
Great to see Drew back.

Cody v Dom - Exactly as expected. I assume this was the match just to show us the arm(that was clearly never broken) is now healed. Rhea is absolutely smoking hot in all senses of it right now.

BIG MATCH JOHN segment - Great to see him unannounced and crowds are happy to see him these days. Him saying about a London Wrestlemania once would have me dismissing it as playing up the crowd, but he seemed to be making a point of it. Very interesting to see.

Womens MiTB - Some good spots in this. Trish creeping up on 50 I expected to struggle and stick out here but she did okay. I did expect Trish to win this, but with her being in an unfinished feud with Becky I guess it didn't make sense. We also seem to have hit the point where Bayley has kind of gone as far as she can in current guise. She needs some time away or to turn face, but turning right now is not really on.
Probably the correct winner again and great imagery having her literally climbing over Bayley to get the briefcase.

Balor v the joker - Bit too much playing up to the crowd at the beginning for supposed heel Balor to stand there and just watch. Should be attacking from behind after a little bit. Decent match but they got the finish wrong for me. Priest should not just be stood there letting a battered Rollins creep away at the end. Finn should have won that, with lots of uneasy looks towards Priest after.

CIVIL WAR - This was very guilty of taking in the crowd at points. Went on far too long. Jey kicking out of the spear/spike combo was a bit silly.
I did like how we got lots of Solo starting to look a bit confused and concerned and even trying to boss Roman about towards the end. Them choosing to have Roman take his first pin in over 3 years, as opposed to have Solo eat it for him is very interesting. I assume we get Jey v Roman for the title(s) next. As a side note, he got given a new unified belt for a reason, why is Heyman still carrying two about?

phonics
02-07-2023, 03:29 PM
I'm playing the AEW career mode. It's largely atrocious but I did get to bury CM Punk so it's a 10/10 in my book.

Shindig
02-07-2023, 04:15 PM
I gave it 7/10. It probably should be a 6 but I actually marked out at the fact Big Show can only be lifted by two people on the roster.

wullie
02-07-2023, 04:35 PM
The whole thing feels like the amount of game you usually get access to while waiting for the rest to install to disk

phonics
03-07-2023, 06:55 PM
I’m yet to lose a single match in career mode. I won the Casino Battle Royale on my debut. Then won the AEW world title. Then joined the Inner Circle. Then MJF screwed Jericho and started the Pinnacle. Then I beat both MJF and Jericho in a triple threat and called them both losers. Then for some reason I tagged with Darby Allin and Coffin Dropped Eddie Kingston. Then I beat CM Punk on his Rampage debut. Then Brian Cage said ‘oh you think you’re so hard why not challenge me for the FTW belt’ which I won in a 75 second long ladder match.

I’ll upload a normal match of mine in a bit to show the absurdity of it.

phonics
03-07-2023, 07:05 PM
So I messed up on this one and accidentally had the longest match I've had to far clocking in at 02:47. As you can see it's an absolute thriller.

https://streamable.com/16hriw

Shindig
03-07-2023, 07:12 PM
I kept messing up in the triple threats. There is an Elite difficulty you can unlock but I doubt that'd make much difference.

phonics
03-07-2023, 08:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/nJhRhNu.png

A hard fought battle between Me, Moxley, Jericho and Omega ends with me superkicking everyone twice and winning in 1 minute 54. Just what the fans wanted.

Ben
04-07-2023, 05:03 AM
So I messed up on this one and accidentally had the longest match I've had to far clocking in at 02:47. As you can see it's an absolute thriller.

https://streamable.com/16hriw

Orange Cassidy losing? Not realistic at all, 0/10.

Waffdon
04-07-2023, 11:56 AM
In Kayfabe terms, Maxine Dupree is LA Knight’s little sister so I’m not surprised she and AA got the biggest reactions of the night.

The whole family are over.

Ben
04-07-2023, 12:22 PM
That crowd last night was well up for it. Rhea, Dom and Priest are all money. Seth was extra annoying though and Priest needs to cash in on that cunt soon. They’re definitely setting him up to do it because when was the last time a briefcase holder actually won a match clean?

Baz
05-07-2023, 02:00 PM
Just seen Gable Steveson on Twitter. :cool:

Waffdon
05-07-2023, 02:14 PM
Shame he’s a rapist as he looks like he will be legit

Baz
05-07-2023, 03:51 PM
Oh is he. TK won’t mind.

Waffdon
05-07-2023, 04:06 PM
Yeah got thrown out of court due to a dodgy state rule that’s now been removed. (Under influence of alcohol I think )

Ian
05-07-2023, 04:11 PM
That he was drafted 4 years ago or something suggests to me that they're just sunk cost-ing him until he can havr at least one serviceable run.

Ben
06-07-2023, 06:22 AM
Three weeks into Collision (which I'm kind of enjoying, certainly when comparing to boring WWE TV) and it's already resulting in watered down Dynamite. Going off the clips I just watched, last night's was a whole load of nothing and the match list for Rampage on Friday genuinely looks better.

It was incredibly obvious that Collision would result in overexposure and we're seeing it already. Collision is in the Saturday night death slot as well so the TV networks aren't even getting RATINGS in return. I don't see how this new programming schedule ends well for AEW. My WWE viewing is limited to PPVs and the odd YouTube video and this will probably go the same way, even though I like the initial vibe of Collision.

Baz
06-07-2023, 07:23 AM
I’ve not even watched Collision yet and now there’s another Dynamite. :uhoh:

7om
07-07-2023, 10:41 AM
27th anniversary today of the most important show in wrestling history.

Ben
07-07-2023, 11:26 AM
Fuck the Hulk Hogan.

Ben
07-07-2023, 07:23 PM
Just seen something on Twitter that LA Knight is WWE's 4th biggest merch mover currently. Behind Roman Reigns, Cody and Austin.

Firstly, LA Knight. :cool:

But Stone Cold #3 in 2023 is wild.

Waffdon
07-07-2023, 07:34 PM
Think NWO is 5th as well based off of that tweet anyway.

Not sure I believe that Cena isn’t on that list unless they don’t sell his stuff anymore

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-07-2023, 07:40 PM
They do but I think they only recently brought out some new stuff for him.

He was wearing some new gear at MITB.

wullie
07-07-2023, 09:18 PM
On BATB 96 I love Heenan asking whose side Hulk Hogan is on just before he turns. Rather than it spoiling anything as silly people would have you believe it stays completely consistent with Heenan's long-term hatred of him. Never doubt Bobby Heenan

Shindig
07-07-2023, 09:35 PM
My favourite Heenan moment is him desperately trying to save The Giant falling to his not-death by asking which side of the building he fell off. Bischoff immediately claps back with, "WELL, WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!" when there's a big fucking river on one side.

Ben
09-07-2023, 05:28 AM
FTR vs. Jay White and Juice Robinson on Collision last night is one of the best TV matches in a very long time.

wullie
09-07-2023, 08:26 AM
I struggle with Jay White as he has an air of homeless about him but I really like Juice, he was great when CJ Parker turned into a dickhead but he was stuck at the bottom rung so he's made the right moves since

Ben
09-07-2023, 10:50 AM
In fact the whole episode was really good. Love the vibe they’ve gone with for Collision, even though I still feel it’ll be relegated to Rampage levels once Punk and Jericho/the Elite can agree to work together again.

Baz
09-07-2023, 07:39 PM
Finally got round to listing my spare ALL IN ticket back on Ticketmaster to try and recoup my £197. Hopefully the buyer of a single ticket at a wrestling event is somehow is a fit girl.

Baz
09-07-2023, 09:55 PM
FTR vs. Jay White and Juice Robinson on Collision last night is one of the best TV matches in a very long time.Yep, excellent. Jay White looked dead on his feet though. And his spit is absolutely gross.

Ian
09-07-2023, 10:54 PM
Was away last week but caught up on some MITB / Smackdown stuff.

Insert my usual "Bloodline is pretty good eh" rhetoric here.

Very canny to have Jey holding the belt while he challenged Roman. Do I think they'd put the belt on Jey? Probably not, even if that would (ahem) Finish The Story but I'd be here for it.

Baz
09-07-2023, 11:06 PM
Three weeks into Collision (which I'm kind of enjoying, certainly when comparing to boring WWE TV) and it's already resulting in watered down Dynamite. Going off the clips I just watched, last night's was a whole load of nothing and the match list for Rampage on Friday genuinely looks better.

It was incredibly obvious that Collision would result in overexposure and we're seeing it already. Collision is in the Saturday night death slot as well so the TV networks aren't even getting RATINGS in return. I don't see how this new programming schedule ends well for AEW. My WWE viewing is limited to PPVs and the odd YouTube video and this will probably go the same way, even though I like the initial vibe of Collision.
Nah Dynamite is still the better show with better wrestling and better storylines.

Collision has World Of Wrestling “for TV” vibes, imo.

Baz
10-07-2023, 10:22 PM
Finally got round to listing my spare ALL IN ticket back on Ticketmaster to try and recoup my £197. Hopefully the buyer of a single ticket at a wrestling event is somehow is a fit girl.

Sold it. Let’s hope it’s Brandi Rhodes.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-07-2023, 07:35 PM

Even sharks are scared of Spooky Mark.

Ian
11-07-2023, 07:53 PM
Clearly they haven't watched any of his matches in the last decade. Stupid sharks.

It could have become the 3 in whateveritis and 3.

phonics
11-07-2023, 08:13 PM
Nothing will ever stop me thinking "Hello Granny" when I see him.

Baz
13-07-2023, 10:26 PM
Better Than You Bay Bay (MJF & Adam Cole) vs FTR for the tag titles could be the greatest non-flippy tag team match ever.

Ian
15-07-2023, 09:16 AM
The Jey/Solo/Heyman bit on Smackdown was top and that was one of Heyman's best promos in ages I reckon. And while I'm not really convinced they'd pull the trigger on Jey beating Roman the crowd remain massively into him and they're trying really hard to push the idea that he's capable of doing it, with the physical dominance of Reigns (last week) and Solo two weeks on the spin which doesn't happen very often. Also a huge fan of when WWE just bangs some words together nobody's ever kayfabed as an injury before, like with Jimmy Uso's "ruptured rib cartilage."

Other takeaway is I hate that once again Asuka is a champion but is not the story. Rather they're just focusing on all the people who want to take the belt off her and she's just.... there. She's so good but they never let her be the big deal even when she's on top.

Baz
18-07-2023, 10:27 AM
Collision is so overhyped this week. :yawn:

Anyway, I've upgraded my wardrobe ready for All In:

https://i.ibb.co/R7x7WD8/rainbow-aew.png

#inclusivity

Will look smashing with my Burberry scarf.

Ian
18-07-2023, 10:39 AM
For fuck's sake, Baz. :D

Anyway, what I actually came to here to say is that the KO/Sami vs. JD title match last night was great fun I thought, and while the JD stuff isn't at Bloodline levels or anything they are providing a good throughline for a lot of Raw at the moment.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-07-2023, 11:48 AM
Been in the sun and got jacked too it seems, Baz.

Congrats.

Baz
18-07-2023, 11:53 AM
Thanks. Not sure about my bracelet yet, and still getting used to a smartwatch.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-07-2023, 03:18 PM
Chicken shit heel Dom :cool:

Never thought Wes Lee (still a stupid name) would drop the title to him, even in a funky finish.

phonics
20-07-2023, 08:58 AM
The MJF Cole is full on sports entertaining me.

Ben
20-07-2023, 09:09 AM
MJF is knocking it out of the park. I love these angles. Hopefully they run with it for a while and don't do a random shitty payoff to end it prematurely to fit the original booking idea.

Waffdon
20-07-2023, 09:11 AM
MJF badly needs to move to WWE and join a proper company.

Gray Fox
20-07-2023, 11:36 AM
MJF badly needs to move to WWE and join a proper company.

He absolutely does. However I can't help but think his being sub-6 foot will count against him there.

Ben
20-07-2023, 11:50 AM
They're not about big men that much anymore (probably just due to a lack of them more than anything else). They've no problem pushing Cackling Rollins and his billed height of 6'1" is bobbins.

Ian
20-07-2023, 11:58 AM
And if MJF did ever go to WWE I'd imagine his contract would be packed with assurances to make sure they treat him right.

phonics
20-07-2023, 12:15 PM
Considering the biggest draw in WWE outside of the Bloodline seems to be a The Rock Cover Band he'd be number 1 instantly anyway.

wullie
20-07-2023, 12:50 PM
First feud would be with The Miz, guaranteed.

Baz
20-07-2023, 10:14 PM
Dynamite was great.

Ben
21-07-2023, 06:19 AM
And there's our difference in opinion.

You thought Collision was boring, I thought it was very, very good.

You thought Dynamite was great, I thought it was genuinely bad, apart from when MJF was on screen. That angle is tremendous at the moment.

Waffdon
22-07-2023, 08:00 AM
They really do hate LA Knight

Gray Fox
22-07-2023, 08:24 AM
You don't get over without permission.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-07-2023, 08:31 AM
It's Vince's game.

Ian
22-07-2023, 08:32 AM
Yeah I was so convinced Knight was winning I didn't even think there was a chance of a different result.

Baz
22-07-2023, 08:51 AM
Who was it that was over cos of streaming and never actually wrestled?

Ben
22-07-2023, 09:24 AM
Zack Ryder. That was pathetic from Vince, he actively buried him. How dare he get himself over.

Ian
22-07-2023, 09:30 AM
A tale as old as time. Rusev, Danielson for a while, Sandow, even people like Elias to an extent. Vince loves it and while I don't think it's as much of a "fuck the fans" bent from Aitch he does seem too rigid in his plans. They need to be doing something with LA Knight and sharpish.

Waffdon
22-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Sandow and Rusev wouldn’t have been making money like LA Knight though. I thought they’d be wanting to maximise their money. The reports say he’s getting a push after Summerslam but we’ll see

Browning
22-07-2023, 09:43 AM
I don’t know, Rusev Day was pretty big wasn’t it? He easily could have made serious money if not for Vince thinking his wife is too hot for him.

Waffdon
22-07-2023, 09:46 AM
LA Knight has the highest selling piece of Merch. Doubt Rusev ever broke top 10.

He also gets bigger pops than literally anyone in years every single time

Browning
22-07-2023, 09:47 AM
https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/rusev-leading-wwe-merchandise-sales

He was number 1.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-07-2023, 09:48 AM
Rusev Day merch was MASSIVE.

Waffdon
22-07-2023, 09:52 AM
Fair play.

Lana took all the attention rightfully.

phonics
22-07-2023, 10:50 AM
Sounds like he needs to join a proper company.

Baz
23-07-2023, 06:22 AM
Seems like Ricky Starks heard about LA Knight getting completely over by copying The Rock and decided to follow suit.

And there's our difference in opinion.

You thought Collision was boring, I thought it was very, very good.

You thought Dynamite was great, I thought it was genuinely bad, apart from when MJF was on screen. That angle is tremendous at the moment.

Even this week? :cab:

Ben
23-07-2023, 06:24 AM
As in last night? Haven’t watched it yet. But the 2/3 falls last week was brilliant.

Baz
23-07-2023, 06:28 AM
Yes I mean last nights.

And as for last weeks, the 2 out of 3 falls was very good (although their match the week prior was actually better) but the rest of the card was not.

Ben
23-07-2023, 07:51 AM
Last night’s was the weakest episode so far. However, it had big doses of heel Starks and Christian so I can’t be too critical. House of Black are much better on Collision too, less hokey shite. Jay and Juice are really getting the hang of American TV now as well.

I think fans of Dynamite’s style naturally won’t like this. But also vice versa.

Ben
23-07-2023, 10:33 AM
The last four matches of the ROH PPV last night are very decent, especially (shockingly) the women’s title match.

Ian
26-07-2023, 07:18 AM
Wow, Gable Steveson is getting his Baron Corbin feud before he's even been called up to main roster. Talk about strapping a rocket on a guy!

Ben
26-07-2023, 07:35 AM
I watched the FTR vs. Bullet Club Gold 2/3 falls match again last night. The first time round I was only half paying attention because I had the baby, but on watching it again fully concentrating, I'm increasing my praise of it. Apart from being a bit chop-happy in the early stages and peaking a bit too soon with the crowd anticipation in the final fall (only like a minute or so, I'm being incredibly picky here), it was pretty flawless as far as tag team wrestling goes. Jay White is such an amazing heel worker and Juice is fully embracing Randy Savage and is looking great for it. FTR won but BCG came out of this looking fantastic. I'm trying to think of a better TV match in recent times and I can't.

Also, apparently there was a fun little 10 minute match with Rhea Ripley on NXT last night.

Baz
26-07-2023, 07:54 AM
Omega vs Takeshita at All In will be a bit underwhelming.

I'd rather another Elite match so we can at least get Kansas blasting, tbh.

Ben
26-07-2023, 07:57 AM

Give this man all the belts.

Shindig
26-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Women's Champion LA Knight?

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-07-2023, 06:09 PM
Women's Champion LA Knight?

https://media.tenor.com/XRJUgavcnC0AAAAS/la-knight.gif

Baz
28-07-2023, 03:23 AM
MJF calling Roderick Strong a default CAW is so spot on.

Ben
28-07-2023, 05:54 AM
I lolled at that too.

The dance off was fucking stupid but other than that this whole angle has been great. Especially in retrospect, as they've now explained away Cole coming back skinny and without a tan. I just hope this ends up with a true Cole heel turn and extended run as a tag team, because otherwise we've got Obvious Option A which is Cole coming to his senses and going back with Roddy, or Obvious Option B which is MJF turning on Cole and as a result making him look the biggest gullible twat ever in wrestling. And both of those result in Cole vs. MJF for the title again and I doubt Cole would win it so it'll kill him off.

Ian
29-07-2023, 10:00 AM
There you go lads, LA Knight will be winning the SLIM JIM BATTLE ROYALE. What more could you ask for? I did enjoy his Uncle Phil line.

Also liked how much the crowd went up for Jey spearing Roman.

phonics
29-07-2023, 10:20 AM
From poor mans The Rock to poor mans Randy Savage. Oooh yeah.

Gray Fox
29-07-2023, 10:31 AM
He even has "The Elbow that belongs to the People"

wullie
29-07-2023, 10:56 AM
After Bray Wyatt won the lifetime supply of Mountain Dew, LA Knight will be really gunning for whatever a Slim Jim actually is

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-07-2023, 11:05 AM
It's an American pepperami I think.

Shindig
29-07-2023, 11:21 AM
From poor mans The Rock to poor mans Randy Savage. Oooh yeah.

Jay Lethal wants a word.

phonics
29-07-2023, 04:15 PM
Doing a literal impression doesn't count. Also Jay Lethal blows.

Baz
30-07-2023, 09:17 PM
Do refs hold ladders in WWE?

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-07-2023, 09:26 PM
Occasionally.

They try not to and it's a lot less obvious than the AEW ones (especially for the Sonic gold ring) and the camera doesn't focus on it.

Baz
30-07-2023, 10:53 PM
Fair enough.

CM Punk teasing him vs MJF at Wembley. :drool:

Ben
31-07-2023, 04:56 AM
You talking about the Andrade vs. Buddy match? Shocker.

Ben
31-07-2023, 05:12 AM
Gable Steveson is done already.

Ian
31-07-2023, 07:31 AM
Countout with Jezza on dayboo. :drool:

wullie
31-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Punk spraying over the E in AEW on his real world's championship is a neat touch, if they really all can't stop crying long enough to get some kind of feud arranged it's such a waste. It's the one thing that would make the Young Bucks almost palatable

Ben
31-07-2023, 10:03 AM
That was a great segment all round. Heel Ricky Starks is good.

Collision is very enjoyable, despite the odd hiccup. This coming Saturday should be good as well, not just the Punk vs. Starks match but I'm also intrigued to see how good FTR can make Big Bill look.

phonics
31-07-2023, 10:05 AM
Punk spraying over the E in AEW on his real world's championship is a neat touch, if they really all can't stop crying long enough to get some kind of feud arranged it's such a waste. It's the one thing that would make the Young Bucks almost palatable
This doesn't make sense. I've seen multiple people tweet it. Was he supposed to do an off center X?

Baz
31-07-2023, 10:06 AM
Punk spraying over the E in AEW on his real world's championship is a neat touch
:roflol:

wullie
31-07-2023, 10:13 AM
Copyright Ric Flair (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Gold_Belt#%22Real_World's_Heavyweight_Champion ship%22)

The X thing won't have been a happy accident for someone notoriously anal about detail.

Ben
31-07-2023, 10:14 AM
Was going to say it's an NWA thing which they're obviously leaning into with the Collision vibe.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-07-2023, 10:22 AM
He's clearly just trying to get into Elon Musk's good books.

wullie
31-07-2023, 10:27 AM
Just saw that Impact are touring the country later in the year, their date in Cov is a venue that was previously a big JJB Sports. Suck on that, All In

Shindig
31-07-2023, 05:42 PM
Nice. I missed the last time they were in the darkest parts of County Durham. Well, in reality it was just Robbie E.

phonics
31-07-2023, 06:02 PM
Grado just took a guitar from Double J on TalkSport. Grado at Wembley? :drool:

Waffdon
31-07-2023, 06:10 PM
That was a great segment all round. Heel Ricky Starks is good.

Collision is very enjoyable, despite the odd hiccup. This coming Saturday should be good as well, not just the Punk vs. Starks match but I'm also intrigued to see how good FTR can make Big Bill look.

I’m curious if they manage to get 100k viewers with Summerslam being on

Ben
31-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Didn't think about that. Seems strange they'll throwaway this Punk vs. Starks match then, unless they do an angle.

Baz
31-07-2023, 07:02 PM
Grado just took a guitar from Double J on TalkSport. Grado at Wembley? :drool:
I’d rather have Session Moth.

Shindig
31-07-2023, 08:34 PM
Adrian Street just died.

He created the ring gear worn by Mick Foley as Dude Love during his feud with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

What a glittering career. Shame he didn't kill Jimmy Saville when he got the chance.

wullie
01-08-2023, 08:59 AM
On my Mid-South watching I'm up to where he's just debuted, they really weren't shy about homophobia back in the 80s. Of course while being kissed by a man is one of the worst things that can happen to a man, it's still way down the list behind a tar and feathering, being painted yellow and being a commie.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-08-2023, 06:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2acVLAXUAAOB6T?format=jpg

Rocket Mortgage v C4 Energy, it's the big one :drool:

Ian
01-08-2023, 06:33 PM
The build for that story has been really good and it's about time C4 Energy got a proper push.

Shindig
01-08-2023, 06:48 PM
Rocket Mortgage has been really well protected since Mania. I can't call it.

Ben
01-08-2023, 07:19 PM
It’s got to be a title change. People will still “woah” to Rollins’ music regardless of being the champion and they’re positioning Judgment Day as the new #1 stable and this will play nicely into the Balor/Priest tension.

Ian
01-08-2023, 07:56 PM
I didn't particularly pick C4 for being under Balor on the graphic but yes, Balor should 100% be winning.

wullie
01-08-2023, 07:58 PM
I preferred the old school sponsors, Jimmy John's, we hardly knew ye

phonics
01-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Say what you will about Rollins as a week to week character but he's an absolute star in the big PLEPPV matches. That should be a good one.

phonics
01-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Just looking at the card for the first time and it looks incredible actually.

Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler
Logan Paul vs. Ricochet
Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar
GUNTHER (c) vs. Drew McIntyre
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor
Asuka (c) vs. Bianca Belair vs. Charlotte Flair
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso

is almost a dream card. The only match on the card not capable of being a 5 Star is Ronda v Shayna but apart from that it's pretty impossible to improve.

wullie
01-08-2023, 08:25 PM
With that one being whatever their interpretation of MMA rules is, hopefully they're just allowed to properly leather each other for 5 minutes rather than some tactical battle of holds and stances for an age.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-08-2023, 08:27 PM
It will just be RAW underground bullshit with no pins allowed.

phonics
01-08-2023, 08:29 PM
With that one being whatever their interpretation of MMA rules is, hopefully they're just allowed to properly leather each other for 5 minutes rather than some tactical battle of holds and stances for an age.

Remember when they did this:

https://media.tenor.com/1Mj3H4qaiSMAAAAC/brock-lesnar.gif

Apparently Chris Jericho tried to fight Brock Lesnar because he didn't know it was a work.

You've just seen Brock do that to Randy Orton, against Randy's will according to you, what the fuck were you going to do to Brock if it was a shoot?

Waffdon
01-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Short man syndrome.

It is pretty brutal to watch Orton get cut open like that though. What a performer

Disco
01-08-2023, 11:18 PM

That's a normal match but everyone wears those little gloves.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-08-2023, 11:30 AM
Gable Steveson is done already.

Countout with Jezza on dayboo. :drool:

Just watched this match. It was so strange as a debut for anyone decent let alone someone they've been bigging up for so long.

He sold for Corbin (what the fuck is the burn the ships bullshit about?) way too much and then that countout was crap.

The brawl after was a bit fun though.

Edit: The NA title triple threat was brilliant though. Chicken shit heel is a perfect role for Dom, especially paired with Rhea.

Baz
04-08-2023, 07:39 PM
lol RVD

Ben
04-08-2023, 07:46 PM
I've banned myself from Dynamite lol. I'm enjoying Collision so don't want to get myself on an AEW downer again.

Currently watching Great American Bash 1992 as it popped up on recommended videos and I don't think I've seen it before in full. Classic Bill Watts booking which is certainly something when compared to the mentalists on Dynamite.

Baz
04-08-2023, 10:28 PM
27th anniversary today of the most important show in wrestling history.

Not quite this, but the latest episode of Dark Side Of The Ring is about Bash At The Beach 2000.

Ben
05-08-2023, 08:52 AM
Smackdown was shite. Did absolutely nothing for Summerslam tonight. Roman wasn't even on the show.

Ian
05-08-2023, 10:16 AM
WWE don't do go-home shows anymore. Haven't for donkeys. Which still seems bizarre to me, especially if you're still theoretically pretending you have a handful of super-important PPVs.

Gray Fox
05-08-2023, 10:57 AM
No room for Becky v Trish on the show, despite the few weeks/months of build. There is of course room for the Slim Jim Battle Royal.

Waffdon
05-08-2023, 11:14 AM
I assumed there was an injury and pushed back a few weeks to the Canada show.

Not that I’m arsed, would have been a bore fest. Hopefully they add a stipulation to Bork match

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Hopefully they add a stipulation to Bork match

Doubt it.

Cody had an interview the other day and said that neither he or Bork wanted a stip.

They just wanted to Rassle.

Ben
05-08-2023, 12:50 PM
I’m happy with no stipulation for that match. Hopefully Brock has his working boots on because he could make Cody look great.

Ian
05-08-2023, 01:14 PM
I just want the feud to be over.

Gray Fox
05-08-2023, 01:23 PM
It's a decent card for the show tbf.

SLIM JIM BATTLE ROYAL - Seems like a bit of a mess to get LA Knight a "big win" but ends may justify the means.
Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler - Ronda thinks a lot higher of herself than anyone else seems to. This being an MMA match surely means she wins.
Logan Paul vs. Ricochet - Will probably be the best worked match on the show. Logan Paul probably wins.
Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar - As mentioned, if Brock likes Cody this will be good. I fully expect Lesnar winning this too.
GUNTHER (c) vs. Drew McIntyre - Will probably the most fun match on the show. Just let them belt shit out of each other. Gunther is a Trips guy and is about a month off the record. McIntyre also doesn't need the rub, so surely Drew loses in some way. Maybe a DQ and you start to show Gunther having some weakness, setting up his future loss.
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor - Actually interesting to see which way they take this. Balor winning with Priest having the briefcase would be very HHH and Batista vibes.
Asuka (c) vs. Bianca Belair vs. Charlotte Flair - Asuka seems to be the forgotten person in this despite being champ. CharlotteWinsLol to be in full effect.
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso - TRIBAL COMBAT brings in all of the shenanigans. I'm expecting a 40+ minute affair with lots of Solo, Jimmy and Heyman nonsense. There's still more to get from the bloodline story so Roman retains. Expecting to see signs of Solo hesitating and his loyalty wavering, before he ultimately comes good to get Roman the win.

Ian
05-08-2023, 01:29 PM
Slim Jim Sausage Extravaganza - LA Knight, shirley. BRs are balls though so low expectations here.

Baszler vs. Rousey - Isn't Rousey meant to be fucking off? Surely Baszler wins here. I'd be surprised if this one's any good too, just because of the stip.

Paul vs. Ricochet - Paul's definitely winning this, and it should be entertaining fluff.

Cody vs. Brock - Could/should be good and I expect it's Cody's to win unless this feud is somehow being dragged out even further but please let it end regardless.

IC title match - Now you're fucking talking. This'll be match of the night. There might be shenanigans if they're trying to keep Drew happy but want Gunther to take the record?

WWE title match - Balor should be winning this and setting up more stuff to come with Priest but none of the possible outcomes would surprise me.

Womens title - I've honestly no idea and if I was predicting with Going In Raw style confidence points I'd be giving this the minimum. If Asuka wins it's only because the story is more about Bianca and Charlotte. Belair doesn't need a belt again any time soon so yeah, probably Charlotte winning this and poor old Asuka eating the pin.

Tribal combat - Reigns will be winning this. Hope it's good and not too slow/drawn out.

Waffdon
05-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Logan Paul will open the show id imagine as he’s flying to Dallas to try catch his brothers boxing match. Should be a great opener but not sure how long they’ll get if he’s rushing to catch a private plane