PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate WWE Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

wullie
31-03-2023, 01:16 PM
There's only the big men's tag match that either has nothing at stake or holds no interest for me unless they get Chad Gable out his nonsense and have him start throwing Strowman about. The women's match is probably the same but I'm optimistically looking forward to Rousey and Baszler smashing the shit out of everyone for about two minutes and fucking off.

Ian
31-03-2023, 01:55 PM
Right then.

Night 1
Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena
Cena has to be putting Theory over here right? The whole feud is Cena saying "You're shit and everybody hates you" and if he now just wins then it's a "Yeah, I guess BMJ was right." Theory has to win and win properly. Probably be a 7/10 match at best unless the crowd are proper up for it, which is hopefully the point of putting it first.

Seth "Freakin" Rollins vs. Logan Paul
Whatever you think of him, Rollins is broadly positioned at a decent level on the card and he shouldn't be losing to a celebrity no matter how annoyingly good he seems to be at this. Other than that, yes Rollins' character is and online he seems a bit of a tit as well but Paul is a legitimate cunt and anybody backing him is a certified wrong'un.

Trish Stratus, Lita, and Becky Lynch vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai, and Iyo Sky)
Who could possibly care? Lita's as charismatic as a punch in the face, Damage CTRL is a waste of all involved and Becky / Bayley now feels like it's been going on since before I was born. I assume Damage CTRL lose unless they're gonna have Becky vs. one of Trish or Lita down the line?

Braun Strowman and Ricochet vs. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) vs. Alpha Academy (Chad Gable and Otis) vs. The Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar) (with Valhalla)
I'd be surprised if this isn't fun, even if it's a bit pointless. I really don't mind who wins to be honest. Boatman/Ricochet are fun, Alpha Academy getting a win (if Gable is instrumental) would be nice and Viking Raiders should be a lot more prominent than they are, shit gimmick or no.

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley
Just don't have Charlotte fucking win and this should be decent. Though a match where one heel is trying to be a babyface nobody wants to cheer and the other heel will be the de facto face. Rhea absolutely must win this. She's a fucking star.

The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
Sami and KO will win this. There will probably be SOME Bloodlineyness involved somewhere that continues to set up Jey's face turn which I'm sure is coming, but they might just let this match go through clean.

Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio
More kudos for WWE storytelling because this has gone from something I couldn't give a shit about to something genuinely good. Dom is probably still not actually a good wrestler but he's become an excellent piece of shit heel and given the massive pop they got when Rey finally clumped him means that when Dom wins (assuming he does, which he should) hopefully the crowd give it a big ol' booing.

Night 2
Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Cody Rhodes
Cody innit. (Right? RIGHT?) Should be a good match, should be a great crowd and I'm really pleased that this still won't be the end of the Bloodline stuff. And it'll be nice to have a very over babyface champ on top.

Gunther (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre
Hard to call. Sheamus is getting that IC belt at some point. I can't see Gunther being pinned, so either he capitalises on the other two fighting and they feud each other or possibly Sheamus pins Drew and they spin this out as an ongoing three-way feud. But I'd like Gunther to beat Honky Tonk Man's record.

Edge vs. "The Demon" Finn Bálor
I'm bored just thinking about this. Edge shouldn't win, but he will. And will take until about Wednesday to do so.

Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya and Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green and Sonya Deville
Genuinely not one of these women is utilised properly.

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka
The build for this has been garbage. Which is a proper waste and maybe means Belair wins? It's a pisser for Asuka if she earns then loses a Mania title shot again. Either way the match should be great. Belair's record at Mania for match quality is tremendous and long may it continue.

Brock Lesnar vs. Omos (with MVP)
I'm sure there are matches in Mania history I've cared about less but there can't be many and none of them are immediately springing to mind.

Baz
31-03-2023, 10:07 PM
I’m watching the “best wrestling games” episode of This Is Awesome. Does Matt Riddle have special needs?

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-03-2023, 10:10 PM
He's spent most of his life smoking weed and getting punched in the face...

Baz
31-03-2023, 10:25 PM
He's spent most of his life smoking weed and getting punched in the face...

Fair point.

Today I learned of Drew Gulak’s existence, thanks to battering him on WWE 2K23, but I’m now a fan after watching this.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-03-2023, 10:36 PM
Gulak was awesome in 205 Live.

Especially when the brand was flying around 2017/2018 or so.

Gulak, Buddy Murphy, Mustafa Ali and Cedric Alexander were an amazing foursome that carried the brand hard. Then you had people like Tony Nese, Lio Rush and Akira Tozawa who could also pull out some quality matches.

phonics
31-03-2023, 10:41 PM
All this slagging off of the last Mania and the 'this one might be much better' makes me realise I'm entirely out of step with what this thread likes.

Ian
31-03-2023, 10:42 PM
Gulak is always good whenever he gets to do a bit. I really hoped when he got some chances with Bryan and Styles on Smackdown a couple of years ago it might amount to something but alas, no.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Seeing him descend into a 24/7 goon was rough.

Baz
01-04-2023, 06:40 AM
Holy shit this is baaaaad

Ben
01-04-2023, 06:55 AM
Yeah fuck that.

wullie
01-04-2023, 07:00 AM
Oof. Was it a ladder match as well where one of the lucha team had his arm pointing in the wrong direction?

Waffdon
01-04-2023, 07:05 AM
Woke up and looked at Twitter and seen that some fat hillbilly cunt eliminated LA Knight from that battle royal. Weestlemania weekend ruined.

Ben
01-04-2023, 07:05 AM
Yeah Fenix. I’m not going to say anything because Dante was clearly fucked up there. Not good.

Ben
01-04-2023, 07:07 AM
Woke up and looked at Twitter and seen that some fat hillbilly cunt eliminated LA Knight from that battle royal. Weestlemania weekend ruined.

Are you talking about Otis? Fuck me fuck sake.

Waffdon
01-04-2023, 07:14 AM
Nah, he’s sound. Bronson or something. He made top 4 at Keats. Salvation! I presume Bobby won

Ben
01-04-2023, 07:18 AM
Bronson Reed is decent. But not decent enough to eliminate LA Knight. Nobody in that match was. Yeah!

wullie
01-04-2023, 07:46 AM
I'd be surprised if LA Knight isn't on the main show in some form, although hopefully it's not just in a skit for KFC or being battered by Flo Rida.

Ben
01-04-2023, 07:57 AM
My prediction is that he comes out and cuts a promo then a legend comes out and verbally abuses him then hits their finisher on him. Ideally it would be The Rock but I’m going with Orton.

Ian
01-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Usos / KO-Zayn promo was good. I like when the Usos do a bit of their call-and-response stuff.

Proper crowd response for LA Knight again. A good sign. I like Bronson Reed too so hopefully there'll be more going forward for both of them than Andre Battle Royal shit.

Really enjoyed the lWo shirts. :D

Has Sheamus always been shouting "FELLAAAAAA" as he does the Brogue kick? :D Fucking hell. That match was typical HOW CAN THEY CO-EXIST??? nonsense but at least they won.

Waffdon
01-04-2023, 09:03 AM
Yeah, well he used to anyway. Not sure if he does it every time.

Speaking of him, his workout videos being back is really is great. Proper content

Browning
01-04-2023, 09:28 AM
I don’t know what an LA Knight is but I imagine he’s being fed to Bobby.

Ben
01-04-2023, 10:28 AM
I don’t know what an LA Knight is but I imagine he’s being fed to Bobby.

:nono:

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 10:30 AM
My prediction is that he comes out and cuts a promo then a legend comes out and verbally abuses him then hits their finisher on him. Ideally it would be The Rock but I’m going with Orton.
Orton's back is still a mess.

Gray Fox
01-04-2023, 10:46 AM
Put me down as not liking Los Angeles Knight. Just comes across as irritating to me. YEAH!

7om
01-04-2023, 10:47 AM
Add Gray Fox to the blacklist.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 11:28 AM
Predictions:

Night 1
1 Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena - Has to happen, Cena doesn't need the win and it would make the build up weird if he does win.

2 Seth "Freakin" Rollins vs. Logan Paul - Logan is a massive cunt and I will always want him to lose but he is, unfortunately, damn good at wrestling. I can see him winning to send Rollins away to repackage himself as something less annoying.

3 Trish Stratus, Lita, and Becky Lynch vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai, and Iyo Sky) - Yawn. I think each part of Damage CTRL is amazing and I loved it when they formed. Unfortunately it just hasn't worked out at all.

4 Braun Strowman and Ricochet vs. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) vs. Alpha Academy (Chad Gable and Otis) vs. The Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar) (with Valhalla) - This is one of the matches I'm least sure about. The Street Profits should win as they're the best team but there's also a chance they turn (has been rumoured for ages it seems) so Montez can go on a singles run. I don't think that happens here though as I think it's more likely that Alpha Academy turn on each other.

5 Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley - Has to win, she's incredible and fuck Charlotte.

6 The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn - Zayn needs this, he needs something after all the work he's put in during this whole storyline and I think The Bloodline could be imploding very soon.

7 Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio - Dom has to win, he's not great in the ring but he's done really well in his heel role with The Judgement Day. This would be huge for him.

Night 2
1 Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Cody Rhodes - Bloodline implosion, possibly even with Jey turning on Roman at the end of this. Cody has to win, there is no one else primed to do it.

2 Gunther (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre - WALTER needs to break the Honky Tonk Man's record. On the other hand though they could have done this to give Sheamus the title without WALTER being pinned who then goes on to feud with Cody.

3 Edge vs. "The Demon" Finn Bálor - Feel it would be a huge mistake if Edge won, he doesn't need it but Balor does. It will be boring.

4 Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya and Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green and Sonya Deville - Maybe? Trips has been big on Liv so I guess she gets the rub. Shayna and Ronda should win under normal circumstances but I feel like Ronda is going away for a bit so wont win.

5 Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka - Feel it's harsh on Asuka if she doesn't win but Bianca is a star who I can see going on a long run.

6 Brock Lesnar vs. Omos (with MVP) - Just have him lob the big man around for a minute or so and it will be decent. Any longer and it will be shit.

Shindig
01-04-2023, 02:22 PM
As a man who hasn't really watched the product since C4 had the rights to it, here's my thoughts:

Night 1
1 Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena - Despite this, Theory gets buried on commentary because Cole has to put the video game over. Cena's showcase mode is exclusively losses so it seems easy to do.

2 Seth "Freakin" Rollins vs. Logan Paul -No contest after a botched entrance leaves Logan paralysed and bald and arrested.

3 Trish Stratus, Lita, and Becky Lynch vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai, and Iyo Sky) - Nostalgia wins. Neither Trish or Lita get runs off the back of it.

4 Braun Strowman and Ricochet vs. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) vs. Alpha Academy (Chad Gable and Otis) vs. The Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar) (with Valhalla) - Could make a case for anyone other than the Vikings but I'll go with comedy fat man.

5 Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley - Makes the most sense and now would probably be the best time to do it.

6 The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn - I don't even know if Zayn suits the tag division role. You can still have Bloodline implode on a W. Reigns comes out (in a 'must I do everything for you?' fashion), sets up the win but the Usos don't take the cover, etc.

7 Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio - Rey wins and really batters Dom. After the match he takes his son under his wing to do lucha things. Under Rey tutelage Dom becomes a contender of the IC belt. He wins it and then Rey is MURDERED by his powerful super son. Long term booking machine working overdrive.

Night 2
1 Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Cody Rhodes - Another one I can't see going any other way. The fans want to see it and it's been set up nicely.

2 Gunther (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre - Records are meant to be broken but it's a record the WWF/E have barely touched since it was set. I think they'll let this one slip.

3 Edge vs. "The Demon" Finn Bálor - Edge wins. Judgement Day splits. Only the Dom and Rhea part matters and they don't need a stable for that.

4 Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya and Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green and Sonya Deville - One last try to see if Ronda can ... like ... do this.

5 Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka - Asuka should be killing people on a regular basis.

6 Brock Lesnar vs. Omos (with MVP) - Big dumb spectacle, please.

wullie
01-04-2023, 03:03 PM
On the hall of fame Mick Foley wore a big fat lad suit like you'd see with someone who needs to be removed from a bedroom via crane but from the neck up he looked pretty trim, can't get my head around it. Watched the 24 thing about last year's show which was pretty decent, Rick Boogs comes out of it with a lot of sympathy and also reminded me that Nakamura exists. Has he left?

Gray Fox
01-04-2023, 03:04 PM
He's one of those that's still under contract, which more than likely means they've run out of stuff for him atm.

Disco
01-04-2023, 03:07 PM
Nakamura likes surfing and getting paid, if he doesn't have to do that much wrestling in between he's not that fussed and if you've seen much of his earlier work you wouldn't begrudge him any of it.

wullie
01-04-2023, 03:20 PM
https://cdn.wrestletalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/triple-h-great-muta-vince-mcmahon.jpg

HHH, Great Muta, Vincent Price

Shindig
01-04-2023, 03:29 PM
"Yes, I did direct Pink Flamingos."

Ben
01-04-2023, 03:46 PM
That moustache is tremendous.

Speaking of Nakamura and good wrestlers not wrestling, is Styles still injured?

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 03:54 PM
Yeah, broken ankle.

Should be close to a return though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 04:33 PM
I'm tentatively expecting a decent show this weekend but then I didn't care for a fair bit of last year's show. I'll fart out some more extended thoughts later when I'm not on my phone.

Also trying to decide what, if any, of the NXT card I care about.

I'll watch Breakkkker/ Hayes. Women's title and NA title are maybes.

Hurts my heart to see Bate in a match I don't want to watch.

Which is also on the kick-off show :(

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 05:15 PM
NXT Women's ladder match has started fast.

Really good so far with some decent spots.

Would love a Gigi win :wub:

Edit: Indi tried to kill Stratton it seems.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 06:17 PM
That fatal five-way for the NXT NA title was incredible.

I'm not sure anything will beat that this weekend.

Ilja in particular is an absolute star who is better than most of the main roster.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 06:17 PM

Ilja in particular is an absolute star who is better than most of the main roster.

7om
01-04-2023, 06:40 PM
Vince looks mental ill in that picture. What on Earth is he thinking with the dyed hair and tache.

Waffdon
01-04-2023, 07:01 PM
Christ :D

Honestly thought it was Muta’s translator or something

Ben
01-04-2023, 07:46 PM

Not watched anything yet but agreed Ilja is amazing.

Gray Fox
01-04-2023, 09:46 PM
I'm tapping out before the show because I've been feeling shit. Hoping to wake up and watch without too many spoilers.

What is like to see is a nice full weekend arc of bloodline implosion. Roman pretty much loses the twins before their match, then they end up losing and leaving/being disciplined by Roman, forcing Solo to make the choice of his brothers or his tribal chief.

Can't help but have a large part of me still thinks they'll have Roman win again.
Just as long as they don't have KO give us the boring way out and have him turn.

Waffdon
01-04-2023, 10:13 PM
What’s the go to site for watching a full replay? I’ll not be able to watch either night live either as up early for a flight on Monday and not knackering the sleep schedule for it tomorrow.

Lewis
01-04-2023, 10:16 PM
Page 3:16. :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 10:18 PM
What?

Ian
01-04-2023, 10:22 PM
What’s the go to site for watching a full replay? I’ll not be able to watch either night live either as up early for a flight on Monday and not knackering the sleep schedule for it tomorrow.

If nobody beats me to it I'll send you a link that Disco gave me ages ago. On the train and it's a bookmark on my PC but I'll get it later / in the morning for you.

Waffdon
01-04-2023, 10:27 PM
Gracias amigo

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-04-2023, 11:44 PM
"I think it's going to be a great match. Roman has had an incredible run. Cody is in his infancy in this run. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Cody has had a lot of history with my husband. Main event of WrestleMania. It's going to be big. I don't know that Cody is ready for it yet. I wonder if it should have been Seth Rollins in that spot. I wonder if he should have been walking out (in the main event). After everything that he's done for the past several years. His whole career. He's been carrying this company on his back. Cody walked away, came back, is getting it all. Maybe that should have been Seth Rollins," said Lynch.

lol.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2023, 12:12 AM
The ramp is fucking bonkers long (and tall).

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2023, 12:19 AM
Lewis will be marking out for that Cena bald spot.

phonics
02-04-2023, 01:03 AM
If nobody beats me to it I'll send you a link that Disco gave me ages ago. On the train and it's a bookmark on my PC but I'll get it later / in the morning for you.

Could you send us this link as well. I got a driving lesson first thing so gonna tap out after Logan v Rollins.

Disco
02-04-2023, 01:16 AM
Is it this one?

https://watchwrestling.ai/

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2023, 01:40 AM
Trish :drool: :wub:

Dark Soldier
02-04-2023, 02:57 AM
What a fucking match

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2023, 02:58 AM
This has been a really good Mania so far.

Ben
02-04-2023, 08:42 AM
Not watched any yet but stumbled across this gem:

“Otis is just sweaty. For absolutely no reason.” – Titus O’Neil

Baz
02-04-2023, 10:04 AM
Was Wrestlemania Saturday good?

Gray Fox
02-04-2023, 10:25 AM
Was Wrestlemania Saturday good?

Surprisingly so.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2023, 10:27 AM
Yes.

Cena/Theory and the Women's tag were shit but everything else was great.

Gray Fox
02-04-2023, 11:19 AM
Theory v Cena - I thought this was exactly the match that Theory needed to happen and probably why it went on first. Not the greatest of watching, but to be expected given the type of match. Surprised they had a spot where Cena has the thing won, but adds to the heat.

Showcase Mens Multi-tag - I'm so glad they kept the time down on this. The big guys all got their spot in and I think the right team wins? I like the look of Montez Ford and it's clear the rest of them aren't making the big time.

OOOOOOOWHOOAAAAAOOOOOOOO v Logan Paul - Because he is just an entrance now. The actual state of him. It's bad that I actively wanted the YouTube dickhead to win. At least they did something with the product placement spot even if they got the timing slightly off. Paul continues to look the part in the ring.

Womens Tag - Ugh. Lita is nearly 50 and looked it in this. Trish did a little better but both of these shouldn't be doing a fully featured match at this point. Lynch is in a tricky spot. She's had that period of being way over, but can't hope to be near that again. She doesn't belong with the top women but I'm assuming must still sell merch or something. Marrying and having a kid with a complete bellend also marks her down. This was a needlessly long match that felt even longer.

Bayley needs a face turn or something and to get out of this group/company. She's far better than anyone else she was in the ring with.

Mysterio family drama - Dom looks a better than I saw him in his last singles match(it's been quite some time) however it's hard to look bad working with Rey. Good spots and good heel stuff from Dom, but the outcome suggests where the company is at with him.

I think Dom would be wise to either bulk up at the gym and add some power to his game if he wants to work matches at slower pace, or decide if he wants to add quickness. He feels a bit lost in the middle for now.

Flair v Ripley - My match of the night. Charlotte always gets booked strong but it was impressive to see just how much they put Ripley over. She's the star now. I did think at one point we were getting hints of a double turn, but not to be.

Mcafee v Miz - Just, why? Also hi George Kittle.

KOZaynia v Usos - This was good in parts but also very, very silly. Way too many finishers kicked out of or not really sold properly. Also very shocked to see no backstage bloodline segments through the show.

A good night one overall. However I'm sure half of the night was spent playing hype videos and some for matches that are on tomorrow.

Mike
02-04-2023, 11:30 AM
Just stuck it on

Ian
02-04-2023, 03:30 PM
Theory v Cena - Cena is very, very bad these days isn't he? And looks more embarrassing than ever with his jorts and balding dad hair. Right result but Theory's not up to dragging him to a good match. Not yet at least.

Showcase Mens Multi-tag - Bit of fun, wasn't it? Boatman going up for a splash genuinely got a laugh out of me. Entirely throwaway but a decent watch all the same.

Seth Flippin' Rollins v Logan Paul - Good match. I wish Paul wasn't good but I suppose it's a benefit that he is if we're going to see him a few times a year. The Prime mascot/KSI thing was quite well done and as possibly the only person on here who still likes Rollins (his ring work, at least) I am glad he won and not actual cunt Logan Paul.

Womens Tag - Skimmed through this. Lita is very, very bad. Trish isn't great but she doesn't look so awkward. They need to end Damage CTRL and try to salvage something for those three.

Mysterio family drama - A good match, though mostly for the chicanery and atmosphere, but absolutely the wrong winner. I assume Dom gets a win over Rey at some point but he should have won here to set him up going forward.

Flair v Ripley - Really good match. Correct winner. Rhea's an absolute star. Though who's most responsible for the belly-to-back momentum if the person's meant to land on their belly? Because that could have gone very badly for Charlotte.

Mcafee v Miz - Who could possibly care?

KO/Sami v Usos - Good match. As has been said the sheer volume of kickouts was a bit daft but the crowd were being drawn in for them all the same, and I don't hate that the established tag team, one WWE are pitching as one of the best ever, were very dominant over the guys who've come together as a team and basically survived/won by sheer force of will.

A good night overall. Nothing that'll go down as a classic but I enjoyed most of it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2023, 03:41 PM
The weirdest thing about the Mysterio match was the fact that it was fucking sponsored by Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

The cereal of choice for deadbeat Dad's?

Ian
02-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Yeah that was all a bit odd in the middle of what's meant to be a bitter grudge match.

Shindig
02-04-2023, 03:45 PM
"What do you mean New Day aren't on the card? We have to put this SOMEWHERE."

wullie
02-04-2023, 03:52 PM
Found none of it awful which in itself is rare and all the stuff that wasn't great seemed to be over quickly. The fact that so many people recognised KSI and I had to look him up confirms that I'm out of touch with what kids like but I'm just glad it wasn't Logan Paul's somehow even worse brother in the costume. Women's match was ace, the main event was good but I could have done with slightly less of the story part and Zayn being kicked a million times in the face. Highlight of the show was obviously Big Match Dom's prison entrance.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-04-2023, 03:54 PM
The prison entrance was absolutely gold.

They nailed the shit out of that.

Ian
02-04-2023, 05:18 PM
Oh yeah Dom's entrance was great.

7om
02-04-2023, 10:01 PM
Just caught up. I really enjoyed the show. Something I haven’t seen mentioned too much these days: Michael Cole is actually good now. He calls the action with genuine passion as compared to before where he was a robot.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 12:34 AM
Women's tag was somehow even worse than I thought it would be.

wullie
03-04-2023, 12:54 AM
Yeah the streak of no stinkers didn't last long with this half of the show. I did like the big lad match to open it though, exactly how it should have gone.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 12:55 AM
This triple threat though could well be MOTY.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 12:58 AM
Sheamus' chest is going to look like minced beef by the end of this.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 01:10 AM
Incredible stuff.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 01:47 AM
:lol:

phonics
03-04-2023, 01:53 AM
Poor Shane :(

Great improv on the fly tbf.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 02:18 AM
Pausing the match to let doctors patch Finn up (that was a gnarly ladder throw) is pretty shit. Taken the sting out of this completely.

phonics
03-04-2023, 02:24 AM
Hate to break it to people but once again Edge has had a boring match that went too long. HHH must be so proud.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 02:46 AM
I actually thought it was a lot better than it had a right to be.

The pause killed a lot of the momentum though.

I also feel it should have gone longer seeing as we've had an almighty break before the main event. Why couldn't they have gotten Lashley and LA Knight on the card instead?

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 02:46 AM
I actually thought it was a lot better than it had a right to be.

The pause killed a lot of the momentum though.

I also feel it should have gone longer seeing as we've had an almighty break before the main event. Why couldn't they have gotten Lashley and LA Knight on the card instead?

phonics
03-04-2023, 03:46 AM
Well that's going to have people arguing for years.

wullie
03-04-2023, 07:34 AM
I thought the Edge match zipped along compared to both his usual stuff and a lot of the cell matches, not sure if by design or because Balor's skull was smashed open. No music or vampires though, it's not the Brood so they can get fucked with that.

Hands down my favourite ever Shane McMahon match.

Ben
03-04-2023, 07:41 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

I've stayed clear of match results but had to watch the Shane thing upon hearing it. Great improv from Snoop Dogg.

Ben
03-04-2023, 07:46 AM

wullie
03-04-2023, 08:15 AM
Not to get too lads lads lads but Stacy Keibler hasn't aged a single day, bloody hell.

Waffdon
03-04-2023, 08:36 AM
Christ, Cody was about 1/5 to win. Was just expecting him to kick out at the end.

Reigns really is Austin/Hogan/Cena x10

Waffdon
03-04-2023, 09:00 AM

Oooosh

7om
03-04-2023, 10:21 AM
Fucking hell, I’m genuinely shocked at that. Not a huge fan of all the interference in the main event. A B-tier PPV, fine. But wrestlemania? I think it should have been a straight up and clean 1v1.

It does make me wonder just how they’re going to get the titles off Reigns. I don’t think you can get much hotter than Cody coming in and they still can’t pull the trigger. I’m not 100% against it because I love Roman’s character but it’s an interesting dilemma.

The rest of the show was average, for me. Brock - Omos was trash, don’t care about the women’s matches and Hell in a Cell underdelivered. I enjoyed the IC triple threat. No title changes on night 2, either.

7om
03-04-2023, 10:23 AM
You know what? Just have Bron Breakker debut tonight on Raw and beat Roman for the belts. Fuck it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 10:37 AM
They fucked the main event so hard. A really great match ruined completely.

7om
03-04-2023, 10:49 AM
I think they’ve lost some of the good will that they’ve built up since Haitch took charge. Cody needed to win last night for maximum feel good effect. Even if he were to win sometime down the road, the gloss is gone off it.

Night 2 was a shadow of night 1.

Waffdon
03-04-2023, 11:14 AM
Reigns winning really doesn’t make much sense at all. As if he needed to win yet another main event at Wrestlemania. Presume fans will turn on him now

Gray Fox
03-04-2023, 11:18 AM
I think Snoop getting a win is the only correct person to win on the night. Fucking hell what a bad 2nd night that was.

Brock v Omos - Is what it is. Omos should really be winning, but let's have him buried. It's not his fault and he's even in good shape for the sheer size of him, but he's just too big for this game.

Womens tag - I give a fuck for no one in this match bar Liv. This whole match was pointless but at least the women get paid I guess.

IC Title Triple Threat - Some top lads just battering fuck out of each other. It's yet to get old. Drew being there to eat the pin was predictable but Walter winning made little sense, but then perhaps makes a lot more sense considering what's coming later on the card. Feels bad for Sheamus but if he's still Trips gym buddy he'll get his collection complete at a later date. MOTN.

Not another Sasha Banks v Asuka - Why wont they just pull the trigger? I find the lady with the long hair quite dull and she's one LEGIT BOSS away from just being Sasha to me. If I'm right, the only title Asuka has held is when Becky literally handed it to her during THUNDERDOME? Ugh.

Here comes the money - Fucking hell Shane. I was watching this morning with the Mrs and she laughed at the punches. She's never seen Shane before as she doesn't watch but I literally turned to her as the Miz hit the ropes and said it's only going to get worse. I'm assuming he's popped his ACL or kneecap there. At least it was an unforgettable performance though?

I will say well done to everyone ringside. Snoop especially. For someone so inexperienced in the business they sorted something on the fly out really quick. The Miz must be after the most losses at Mania record or something.

Edge v Balor - Oh boy. Two legit injuries back to back. That ladder hit his head hard. Props to Balor for fighting on through the likely concussion too. Even if it was fucking daft.
But what are we doing here? I know everyone on the board saw this coming, but the Judgement Day is now pointless. Dom lost clean and now so does the DEMON. Rhea is above them and Priest literally does nothing. I'd have said they altered the winner based on the injury but Balor could carry on fine and the finish says to me not a chance.

Can't help but have a large part of me still thinks they'll have Roman win again.

Rhodes v Reigns - Now this. This feels like proper Vincent Kennedy McMahon spiteful booking. I pick the guy, not you kind of stuff.

I mentioned yesterday I was surprised to see no backstage segments with Roman and the lack of them today should have showed where this was going. I like that Cody gets booked strong in defeat here, but now what?
The match itself was fantastic sports entertainment, if not the best worked ever.
You just can't have the heel champion retain through interference after a 30+ minute match in which the face is clearly white hot and the crowd are dying to explode. Regardless of who it is.

The fact that in the 'scrum' Trips is immediately having to defend the booking shows how wrong they got it. If there's a decent crowd tonight, they're going to shit all over the show and deservedly so.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 11:32 AM

wullie
03-04-2023, 11:33 AM
It's nice that in amongst the hours of video recaps and two impromptu Miz matches over eight hours they managed to still find the time for Bobby Lashley to come out and give everyone a lovely wave and a smile.

7om
03-04-2023, 11:34 AM
I legitimately loved the Snoop - Miz segment. Was pretty neutral on Shane returning but the improv when he got injured was amazing. Snoop's punches were shite but the fact they called that quick of an audible and he made it work was outstanding stuff.

Snoopie Elbow > People's Elbow.

wullie
03-04-2023, 11:35 AM
Credit goes to the ref as well, watching it back you can hear her shout 'peoples elbow', although that did deprive us of a potential dogg splash instead.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 11:35 AM
They weren't that much worse than Shane's punches.

7om
03-04-2023, 11:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1Vl76ukT0

That cunt Meltzer best be giving this five stars. I genuinely love it.

Ben
03-04-2023, 12:43 PM
Here's my Night 1 review. Night 2 I'll get round to when I stop laughing at Shane.

WWE United States Title Match
Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena
The champion coming out first always annoys me. Lol that ramp is massive. Theory looks amazing and reminds me of a young Orton. But even old man Cena dwarfs him in star quality still. And this Make-a-Wish entrance is even more reason to have him come out before Theory. Oh he’s very bald now. But nice touch to put over the US title in the introductions. Starting out with very basic psychology of veteran babyface versus cocky young heel. That’s fine as with a long card you don’t always want to go hard early on and kill the crowd for the main event(s). Theory is pretty good at getting crowd heat which makes a simple suplex from Cena a good pop. Theory doesn’t sell very well but that should come with time. Not sure why they needed to do the false finish for Cena because this is all about elevating Theory and the crowd got hyped by the comeback leading to it anyway so, yeah, unnecessary. This was alright and did its job. It’s getting hate online it seems but this card is four hours so if they were all epics I’d be burned out half way through.

Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match
Braun Strowman & Ricochet vs. The Viking Raiders (Erik & Ivar) vs. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) vs. Alpha Academy (Chad Gable & Otis)
The ramp is so long they cut the music half way down and move on to the next team. Four way tags are just as ridiculous as four way singles as we start with a few pins which the other competitors have no interest in breaking up and then they just decide to disregard the rules to do face offs and overly cooperative spots. I’m not hanging around for this. I wait for Titus O’Neil to bury Otis on commentary then I’m out of there.

Singles Match
Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul
I stop the fast forwarding during the video package and literally the first thing I hear is Seth cackling. FFS. Logan Paul is such a heat machine and it’s fucking great. The mic’ed up entrance is good shit but the bottle of Prime is not. Rollins is pretty much only a babyface at this point because of his entrance music. The crowd can WOAH to Cody’s music instead now so there’s no excuse to fuck off this gimmick and go heel. Paul has no business being this good. Admittedly he’s still a bit clunky and Rollins does a good job of leading him through the match early on but already he’s got better wrestling basics than half the guys in another promotion. Kevin Dunn lets me know someone notable is in that Prime bottle and will get involved. Rollins just lacks that sharpness and snappiness to his offence these days. The storytelling and call backs were pretty good for essentially a celebrity match and Paul sells better than full time guys. So it’s KSI in the Prime outfit. OK. Mistimed spot through the table. Surely there’s a countout or DQ in there somewhere too. The G2S looked a bit bad but the camera covered for it well and then Paul got a bit lost before remembering the splash off the top was next. The same hesitancy for coast to coast and his greenness is a bit more obvious here now than in the past. The finish was a bit out of nowhere too. Considering Paul is not a wrestler, it was great, but if you measure on the same scale as everyone else then it was just alright. The pacing was off.

Six Man Tag Team Match
Becky Lynch, Lita & Trish Stratus vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai & IYO SKY)
I’ll be surprised if I get through all of this. The booking of this feud has been terrible. It starts OK with Becky as the babyface in peril. Damage CTRL would be very good if they were booked correctly. The heat segment is good; decent teamwork from the heels and Becky sells well and is in the right places. Hot tag to Lita is ice cold, damn. And she does not look very good. Quite a long segment before Trish gets in and she’s actually OK; the heels have fed well for the part timers. That hurricanrana spot in the outside is everything I hate about cooperative “stand around like a dumbass waiting to catch your flying opponent” wrestling. Then back in the ring and a scruffy sequence that culminates in the ref seeing the interference he wasn’t meant to see. Then another group hug on the outside to catch the moonsault. This has fell apart now and I’ve had enough but I feel it’s almost done so I’ll carry on. All six dive back in on the count of nine in another bit of nonsense. Then some homage to AEW with complete disregard for the rules as they all jump in for a brawl as the ref stands around looking like a bottle of milk. Finally the finish sequence which was clunky to put it nicely with Bayley eating a pin for no good reason because the finish was so cold. The match started well then got progressively worse.

Singles Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio
The video packages pre-match should sell anyone on this. WWE video packages are unrivalled in any form of entertainment. Also the entrance for Dom is absolutely brilliant. Cool nod to his dad and Eddie’s match at Halloween Havoc with the ring gear too. Rey comes out to Eddie’s music and with a Muta tribute mask too so straight away this is awesome. Cinnamon Toast Crunch sponsoring such a grudge match is weird though. The opening exchange is a bit odd though as they start out like a regular wrestling match rather than a father vs. son feud. Dad then spanks the naughty boy’s arse with his belt and this would probably benefit from a no-DQ stipulation now I think about it. I’m not feeling this so far; Dom should be heeling up big time with stalling and backing off like Flair but this is all a bit standard wrestling match with a bit of bad mouthing the family in between. Balor and Priest at ringside now and then a shot of Bad Bunny on comms straight after so we know where this is going. Three Amigos attempt from Dom which is the kind of shit he should have been doing since the start. And here’s the LWO for shenanigans. 619 and Frog Splash from Dom should have been the finish, imagine the heat. But Rey hit it himself to win. Ehhh, I dunno. WrestleMania is all about the babyfaces triumphing, I get it, but they could have got more legs out of this one with a Dominik win. But they’ve got a Bad Bunny match at Backlash to hype…

WWE SmackDown Women's Title Match
Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley
Ripley is looking like even more of a star than usual here. This has to be a title change surely. Charlotte is looking great too but she is just the worst babyface. We start with a bit of fight in the collar and elbow which is a great touch and often overlooked, it sets the tone for a big time match, something that Rey and Dom could have done. Decent psychology to begin with the powerhouse heel and they’re working pretty stiff so it looks good. I’ve always been harsh on Charlotte but she’s selling well here and is feeding for Rhea really nicely. The crowd are ready for Rhea to be the champion, popping big for any camera close up of her. Charlotte finally regains the upper hand but she’s going with vicious leg attacks and crowd posing. Double turn? Rhea sells a DDT like death. They’re definitely working reverse roles now but I don’t know if it’s by accident or they’re reacting to the crowd being 100% behind Rhea. Holy fuck that German off the top, great stuff. Well done to Corey calling the delay in Rhea getting the pin was why it wasn’t the finish, protecting the big time moves. Now Rhea has the upper hand again she’s working heel. They should have just gone with heel vs. heel for this one, they’re both in their element that way; Charlotte is not a babyface you want to get behind. And a German from the mat results in a face plant haha, Charlotte jumped more back than up. In a way it’s a shame there wasn’t more claret there, it would have helped her get support as the babyface. The moonsault off the top looks great but it’s just dumb as anyone who doesn’t want 150lbs on their head just moves out the way. Riptide, kickout. Fair enough as it was a bit out of nowhere. This crowd will go nuts for the win. Charlotte makes the Prism Lock look great as well. More good selling from Rhea for the spear and big boot then using the ropes to protect the effectiveness of Charlotte’s submissions. Riptide off the top for the win. Nice touch from Charlotte smiling at Ripley at the end in a clear passing the torch moment. These two are brilliant workers. I wish Charlotte was motivated more often. Tremendous match. Considering there wasn’t really a babyface, I don’t know how that could have been better.

Singles Match
Pat McAfee vs. The Miz
You know what, I like The Miz. He knows his role and he does it well. Corey fuming Pat is here lol. Pat dressed like he’s about to settle down on the sofa. Snoop Dogg is hilarious. Bit of random Kittle. Ahh whatever this was what it was, the crowd need a break after the last match.

WWE RAW Tag Team Title / WWE SmackDown Tag Team Title Match
The Usos (Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
More outstanding video packages. The Usos in the main event of WrestleMania by right tells you everything about just how good this storyline has been. KO being so over the top and dramatic in his “emoting” is why I think I’ve never truly got behind him. Sami and Jey start the match which I think was a wrong move, they should have left the crowd waiting for them. And now a test of strength a week after the Jey betrayal? Nah come on, Sami should be wanting to rip his head off. Anyway, it’s better now we are into the heat segment and Sami is a great seller but he needs to be the hero of this match but the way it’s set up so far is KO as the hot tag. The crowd would have popped huge for Sami being the hot tag there. Best friends or not, he’s still a bit of a third wheel in this. Long KO segment versus both Usos and it’s a bit big move spam, especially as we are not near the end yet. Sami finally reappears for a brainbuster ON THE HARDEST PART OF THE RING MAGGLE then an Uso splash for another two count. More moves and I’m struggling to see the story they’re trying to tell, it's all a bit indie-riffic. Michael Cole is actually doing really well on commentary to try to reason what’s going on. The segment with both Usos double teaming Sami is better as it’s good tag team tactics and puts Sami in peril before he inevitably overcomes. I normally dislike table spots but disposing of KO is good stuff if it means he’s out for the duration. The crowd respond now to the kickout as they recognise the big hill to climb for Sami. Jimmy is a load of nothing but Jey is a great heel. Oh fuck KO is back to clean house. He seems like the bigger deal in the team which is just bizarre. All the kickouts are getting a bit egregious now. Floor cam gets a nice close up of KO and Jey calling the next spot lol. Sami is finally in for the hot tag to end it with Jey. They got there in the end but there was a whole load of confusing and unnecessary shit before they got there. The women should have main evented and this should have been a 15 minute all out brawl.

Yeah, I’m not feeling this as much as most other people. Match of the night is obvious and other than that, it was all a bit middling despite WWE’s incredible video packages getting me hyped pre-match.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 01:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bp26EXO.png

RIP Hunter.

7om
03-04-2023, 01:50 PM
I don’t think this affects Haitch, to be honest.

Ben
03-04-2023, 01:52 PM
Is that UFC?

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 01:59 PM
Yep.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/03/wwe-ufc-merger-endeavor.html

Companies are "merging".

Ian
03-04-2023, 02:02 PM
Lesnar v Omos - omg guys did you see that bit where the man lifted the tall man up? Literally shat my kidneys out in excitement. What a Wrestlemania moment!

Womens tag - Didn't watch, obviously. I'll care when the bookers do.

IC title - This is the good shit. The sort of triple threat pacing you'd expect but instead of spamming big spots they just spammed beating the piss out of each other. Lots of fun.

Belair v Asuka - Good match. I wonder if they're going to unite the womens titles and have Rhea vs. Belair? Or if they just don't know who they want to have Belair drop the belts too but they're going a bit overboard with some of the long reigns now. Hampered by the garbage build but bell to bell I really enjoyed it.

More Miz shit - Lol at Shane, and lol at Snoop's people's elbow.

Edge v Balor - I thought this was alright. Not amazing but at least it was under 20 minutes and less tedious than most Edge matches.

Reigns v Rhodes - Really enjoyed the match, was really caught out by the ending. I refused to rule out a Reigns win but did think ultimately Cody was gonna take it. Especially when he'd basically survived everything (Solo, Usos, spear, guillotine.) Honestly not sure how I feel about it. I guess it'll all be vindicated if WWE find a solution that the crowds are as into as they'd have been for Zayn then Cody but if people start to turn on the whole thing then they'll only have themselves to blame.

https://i.imgur.com/bp26EXO.png

RIP Hunter.

Bloodline story to end with Brock vs. Roman then. Great.

Ben
03-04-2023, 02:02 PM
I'm sure the hardcore MMA fans will love the inevitable crossovers.

Ian
03-04-2023, 02:05 PM
They should put Vince in charge of UFC.

Omos vs. Great Khali for their heavyweight belt. :nodd:

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 02:08 PM
I'd be there for WALTER chopping the dickhead Jon Jones to death.

7om
03-04-2023, 02:58 PM
I don't even know.

1642882627433644032?s=20

Baz
03-04-2023, 03:11 PM
He’s so brash. What a man.

Disco
03-04-2023, 03:31 PM
Bold move to start looking like a rapist in the wake of all those sexual assault claims.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 04:43 PM

They were so good as GYV.

Ian
03-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Yeah they can do a lot better than whatever the fuck Schism is.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-04-2023, 04:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3l_eiRiaDM

What a stunning chant that was when during his singles run too. The whole fucking crowd would always get right behind it.

I'm stunned they never won the tag titles in NXT.

Baz
03-04-2023, 04:46 PM
No point going to AEW unless they have a third member.

wullie
03-04-2023, 05:49 PM
I can't get over how mad Vince McMahon looks.

Ben
03-04-2023, 06:11 PM
Be nice to see Zack Gibson with a mic again.

Shindig
03-04-2023, 06:12 PM
Bob Sapp's going to Suplex City.

Ben
04-04-2023, 06:09 AM
Oh boy, Vince is back. Raw sounds like the biggest shambles ever.

Ian
04-04-2023, 07:18 AM
The "Raw after Mania" isn't really a thing any more, is it? Did I miss something or is Riddle's return (I like Riddle, but with Orton injured WWE sure don't) the only return/callup/debut we had?

Also I'm assuming Lesnar / Cody is so the latter can win and WWE reassure people that's not him in the bin after losing to Reigns.

EDIT: Oh I see Vince was back and rewriting the show on the fly.

RIP WWE being competently booked.

Ben
04-04-2023, 07:37 AM
Also I'm assuming Lesnar / Cody is so the latter can win and WWE reassure people that's not him in the bin after losing to Reigns.

Exactly my thoughts. But it will be a good match I think, Lesnar is brilliant when he wants to sell for someone.

Browning
04-04-2023, 08:20 AM
I like how when a show is good HHH definitely booked it and when it’s bad it was obviously Vince.

Ian
04-04-2023, 08:56 AM
Yeah good point that's what's happening here.

Browning
04-04-2023, 09:04 AM
I wasn’t necessarily talking about this one show and the reaction on here. Just seems to be what everyone in the wrestling community has been doing for months.

Ben
04-04-2023, 09:12 AM
PWInsider are saying it's all Vince again now. Which was to be expected, so I suppose well done to him for letting Triple H finish up through WrestleMania. Maybe Triple H personally wanted Cody to go over after all?

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2023, 09:14 AM
I've heard that Triple H made the Reigns call.

Although who knows if he was leaned on by Vince.

Gray Fox
04-04-2023, 09:15 AM
The Dirty Sheets all say it was all Trips on that one.

He's obviously not forgotten the throne smashing.

Ian
04-04-2023, 09:22 AM
I wasn’t necessarily talking about this one show and the reaction on here. Just seems to be what everyone in the wrestling community has been doing for months.

Well sure, internet's gonna internet.

But the "wrestling community " also had a sizeable population of weirdos who thought Raw was a 4/5 out of show more often than not even before HHH dragged the mean Raw quality up to "okay."-

Sounds like last night was bedlam though. And if anything shrieks Vince it's leaving an Omos squash on the show while cutting two women's triple threats.

I wonder how long until his rape 'tache makes it to TV.

Ben
04-04-2023, 09:52 AM
The Dirty Sheets all say it was all Trips on that one.

He's obviously not forgotten the throne smashing.

I had!

100% that's why. :D

Ben
04-04-2023, 05:09 PM
I’ll be interested to see how WWE ticket sales do moving forward. The product was the hottest it’s been in years but I can’t help but feel that between the main event on Sunday and future plans indicated on Raw, they’ve massively fumbled the ball on what was seemingly a cannot miss. Was it hot because of Cody, or was he irrelevant to it? This seems like a classic WWE storyline of going back to the well one too many times and by Summerslam when they’re probably planning the switch (will Reigns be beyond 1000 days by then?) they might have missed the boat and Cody has gone all Lex Luger on them.

WrestleMania seems to have come at the wrong time for them in this whole Bloodline story arc but to me it was now or never.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2023, 05:13 PM
Cody will never be as over as he was at Mania and it's hard to see them building up someone that over again for some time.

There was your big babyface champ.

Also, reports are that Jay White is now not going to sign for WWE.

Browning
04-04-2023, 05:15 PM
Still not seen night 2 but apparently the commentary asked how many championships Dusty won with the Figure 4? :D

I mean he was before my time but I've got a pretty confident guess....

Ben
04-04-2023, 06:11 PM
Where the fuck was LA Knight by the way?

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2023, 06:57 PM

I was critical of them pausing the match to fix him up quickly but now I'm stunned he managed to finish the match. That's some head wound.

phonics
04-04-2023, 08:31 PM
Apparently the pause is because LA has a strict no blood in fighting policy, or you need an extra license or something.

7om
04-04-2023, 09:34 PM
Yeah, that was a concerning Raw episode. If that’s what old man Vince is serving up on the Raw after Mania in LA, then god help us when we’re building to C-level PPVs in Omaha, Nebraska.

phonics
04-04-2023, 09:47 PM
Someone sitting behind production saw that they received 3 new rundowns mid show. AEW is back baby.

wullie
04-04-2023, 09:52 PM
Good news for Omos' chance of being world champion, bad news for people with first names.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2023, 10:31 PM
Someone sitting behind production saw that they received 3 new rundowns mid show. AEW is back baby.

It also seems that Seth was told to change his segment just before it too:

Probably why he left without saying anything.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-04-2023, 12:04 AM

Fucking hell.

Ben
05-04-2023, 04:47 PM
Baz Tony has a very special announcement on Dynamite tonight (doesn’t he always the week after a shit rating?) but rumours abound is that he’s going to announce a show in England.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-04-2023, 04:50 PM
It would be quality if he did and it was down South.

Baz would be SEETHING.

Ben
05-04-2023, 04:55 PM
Baz wants to go to Craven Cottage so it’s safe to say he will be going wherever it is. I’d consider it but I can see it being a proper UK indy crowd that just wants to get itself over. PROGRESS was horrible for that.

wullie
05-04-2023, 05:18 PM
Fingers crossed he's going to come out with a pencil moustache and announce they've merged with Bellator.

Ian
05-04-2023, 05:19 PM
:D

Baz
05-04-2023, 05:34 PM
Take my money, Tony!

I won’t be able to watch Dynamite in full for a few days but please post in here if that is the case and point me in the direction of where to buy front-row facing-the-camera seats. A lad I used to work with who I’ve been to a few ICW shows with said he’ll come with me (even though we’ve not seen each other for about 8 years lol) if it’s in Manchester or Liverpool. But I reckon if I offer him a free ticket to a show in London, he’ll be up for it. :yn:

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-04-2023, 07:03 PM

Big Nigel :drool:

That's a shrewd move. He was a brilliant commentator for WWE.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-04-2023, 07:05 PM

Fucking hell.

I don't even...

Shindig
05-04-2023, 07:09 PM
Jesus. Can Tony make an angle out of this?

wullie
05-04-2023, 07:16 PM
I thought Dominik serving time was the worst thing that'd happen with the Guerrero kids.

Gray Fox
05-04-2023, 07:24 PM
Errr.... Viva La Raza?

Shindig
05-04-2023, 07:37 PM
It's a cursed lineage the day Hector put on the turkey suit.

phonics
06-04-2023, 12:56 AM
This MJF segment just cements that he should be the biggest wrestling superstar of all time.

phonics
06-04-2023, 01:29 AM
AEW AT WEMBLEY STADIUM. FUCKING LETS GOOOOo.

May 5th tickets.

Baz
06-04-2023, 05:17 AM
August 27th show, which is a Sunday before bank holiday Monday. It would be rude not to go.

Baz
06-04-2023, 05:26 AM
Premier Inn booked. :baz:

Ben
06-04-2023, 06:05 AM
Wembley is incredibly optimistic. Are they going to go low prices to try and fill it reasonably well, or high prices to ensure they cover the booking fee if they only draw 25k?

I can't go that weekend, which is a bit of a shame.

Shindig
06-04-2023, 06:14 AM
When they say Wembley Stadium do they mean Wembley Arena? :D

Ben
06-04-2023, 06:15 AM
Anyway, other than that, Dynamite was actually great and it wasn't because of the wrestling moves, shockingly.

Great angle to introduce Jay White and set up a match with Ricky Starks (fuck yeah). MJF is just amazing. They're actually doing squashes with BCC which is Wrestling 101 in how to build bad ass heels but it seems like a novelty in this promotion. Danielson killed Page which I'm on board for. AND A GREAT STORY (well it wasn't but at least they tried) in the main event with the Gunns trying to get disqualified to banish FTR.

Ian
06-04-2023, 06:16 AM
If AEW was coming nearby I'd probably go but Wembley is a total pain in the hole for me for numerous reasons. Pretty cool though.

Ben
06-04-2023, 06:18 AM
If AEW was coming nearby I'd probably go but Wembley is a total pain in the hole for me for numerous reasons. Pretty cool though.

Imagine being stuck in London at 1am because Tony hasn't managed his time properly again?

Ian
06-04-2023, 07:45 AM
Not even in London, at Wembley, out in what may as well be the sticks for the time it takes.

wullie
06-04-2023, 07:58 AM
Sometimes it feels as if Shahid Khan told Tony he can have a wrestling company for five years only so he's getting as much in as soon as he can. Extra show! Extra Youtube show! Extra extra Youtube show! Video game maybe! Tournaments and battle royals ahoy! A tiny green space alien named Ozmodiar that only Homer can see! Title after title after title after title! A show called All Access where they can't talk about the CM Punk thing! Big stadium show!

I think they'll either sell Wembley or come close because we don't get too many visits from big shows. If they were doing the Jaguars stadium though, not sure

Ian
06-04-2023, 08:12 AM
That's a tough one though given even the Jaguars barely fill that half the time.

Gray Fox
06-04-2023, 11:57 AM
When they say Wembley Stadium do they mean Wembley Arena? :D

Given daddy owns Wembley stadium, I'd say it actually being the stadium makes that way more feasible.

This is one hell of an acid test for what kind of audience they can pull though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2023, 11:58 AM
I think it will sell fine.

There are a lot of wrestling fans in the UK and the majority are marks who will lap up Cocaine Tony and his bullshit.

Baz
06-04-2023, 12:03 PM
:youpi:

Ben
06-04-2023, 12:03 PM
Well you would think someone who is involved at board level in three different sports would have had the foresight to do some groundwork to establish how many ticket sales they can expect, because bypassing the arenas and going straight to the 90,000 seater stadium for your first show is a hell of a leap.

But then again, did anyone see the announcement? I've seen those eyes before and it's usually in the toilets of my local pub.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2023, 12:08 PM
I'm surprised WWE didn't book Wembley for MITB.

The O2 is fucking tiny and they sold out Cardiff easily.

Ben
06-04-2023, 12:14 PM
Scheduling. It's booked for Def Leppard when MITB is on, and the only time it's available is Summerslam time.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-04-2023, 12:17 PM
Fair enough.

I guess scheduling also ruled out Spurs and any other stadiums that would be willing to host it.

Ben
06-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Tottenham has Beyoncé and Red Hot Chili Peppers over the summer.

7om
06-04-2023, 12:49 PM
But then again, did anyone see the announcement? I've seen those eyes before and it's usually in the toilets of my local pub.

Is this a meme? Because I've seen it alluded to a lot.

wullie
06-04-2023, 12:59 PM
Does Khan own Wembley? I thought that ended up going nowhere in the end.

Baz
07-04-2023, 07:01 AM
The prison entrance was absolutely gold.

They nailed the shit out of that.

while promoting the match between Prison Dom and the WWE Hall of Famer, they apparently used footage from the Auschwitz concentration camp

https://www.sescoops.com/.amp/news/wwe-wrestlemania-39-blunder

Ian
07-04-2023, 07:26 AM
For fuck's sake of course they did. :D :face:

Gray Fox
08-04-2023, 07:31 AM
Looks like the TV companies want a proper brand split back again because THE DRAFT is back in a few weeks.

Waffdon
08-04-2023, 07:37 AM
I see Reigns isn’t at the next PPV. Cunt has been part time for about 5 years.

Ian
08-04-2023, 08:57 AM
Don't you worry Waff, Vince'll have him back to being a babyface who main events PPVs even if he doesn't have the title just as soon as he's scoped out the current roster and fired them all.

Shindig
08-04-2023, 12:32 PM
And then he'll get cancer again.

Ben
08-04-2023, 05:45 PM
I’ve decided to jump back into NJPW now that they have no crowd restrictions. Sakura Genesis earlier today, absolutely brilliant show. Had a feel of one of the old Dominion shows that was just great match after great match.

7om
09-04-2023, 10:47 AM
I’ve decided to jump back into NJPW now that they have no crowd restrictions. Sakura Genesis earlier today, absolutely brilliant show. Had a feel of one of the old Dominion shows that was just great match after great match.

Haven't watched NJPW in a few years now. Just checked the results from the PPV and was surprised to see Sanada win the title off Okada. Is he worthy of that, do you think? Back when I was watching he had quite a languid style that didn't sit right with some and seemed to be a glass ceiling for him.

Also, what does Shota look like nowadays? Always thought he looked like a future star when he was a young lion.

Ben
09-04-2023, 11:52 AM
I’m not a huge SANADA fan but it’s a good payoff for him finally beating Okada after losing something like nine in a row in the past few years. I fully expect it to be a short reign, Okada win it back, then a big coronation for Ospreay at Wrestle Kingdom next year.

Shota looked money in his young lion days but doesn’t seem like a star yet.

Disco
09-04-2023, 04:18 PM
Sanada never getting a title was always supposed to be down to him only ever signing short contracts, and what with him not being a NJ dojo guy was always seen as a bit of an outsider.

Ben
09-04-2023, 04:29 PM
It’s certainly a big thing in New Japan still. I think if you don’t include the MMA guys Inoki tried to reinvent the wheel with, Ibushi was the first non-homegrown Japanese World champion, with SANADA now being the second.

Ben
11-04-2023, 08:46 AM
I'm not ready to admit I was wrong, far from it, but maybe there's legs in this Cody chase yet. The crowd seem to be still with him and he did another great promo last night. We're now going to get Cody vs. Brock and if Brock puts him over clean as a whistle then this might all pay off after all when he beats the 1000 day champion later in the year.

Ian
11-04-2023, 09:33 AM
That sounds like it was a much better show last night. Only bit I've seen is the Cody promo and as you say, it's really good. Crowd are still very into it so there's still a chance they haven't beefed this.

Also interesting to me that Riddle now seems to be a part of the KO/ Sami / Usos part of things.

Waffdon
11-04-2023, 09:50 AM
Riddle needs put down immediately

Ben
11-04-2023, 09:52 AM
I'm with Waff, Riddle should be nowhere near the top of the card and, especially, that storyline.

Ian
11-04-2023, 11:31 AM
It'd be weird if they put him there but his only character trait was still "weed." But the man is capable of great matches so if they've decided to make him an actual human then I'm not against it.

If they haven't then he won't be there long anyway, he'll just be there to get murdered by Solo.

Disco
11-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Riddles strength was always his match quality and that thing he does with his flip flops, the former is a bit pointless for WWE so he's relying on a creative way of taking off his shoes and his double act with the currently crocked Randall Keith.

Baz
11-04-2023, 09:07 PM
Konnan and Rey Mysterio have told El Hijo del Vikingo to tone down his ring style (https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/konnan-and-rey-mysterio-have-told-el-hijo-del-vikingo-to-tone-down-his-ring-style)

Not only have I told him, I had Rey Mysterio tell him. He already needs a knee operation and Rey has had 14, so I told him to talk to Rey and Rey's giving him very good advice because I want that guy to last. He's talented and he's a good kid.

Baz
13-04-2023, 04:16 PM
That Jeff Hardy pop. :cool:

Baz
13-04-2023, 04:28 PM
They need to dead this BCC vs The Elite storyline now. Never seen a Dynamite crowd so dead (women’s matches excluded) as they were for Mox & Claudio. So bad. Kenny completely carrying the whole thing.

Ben
13-04-2023, 05:24 PM
Who knew trying to attack a wrestler with a screwdriver wouldn’t draw?

wullie
13-04-2023, 05:32 PM
Daniel Bryan was at his best there when he was kicking heads in and laughing at the local sports team. Turning him psycho in a group named for a current WWE employee with Wheeler Uta behind him trying to look all mean feels like such a waste

Browning
13-04-2023, 05:35 PM
Imagine bringing Jeff hardy back again…

Guy should have been forced out of the business over a decade ago. Guess it won’t stop until he kills someone.

Ben
13-04-2023, 05:38 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with the last two posts.

Ben
13-04-2023, 05:55 PM
Punk rumours hotting up again. Imagine Baz’s face when he drops £500 for a ringside ticket and it ends up being Punk in the main event.

Baz
13-04-2023, 05:59 PM
I’ll be too drunk by then anyway.

I’ll be marking out for Jeff Hardy though.

Ian
13-04-2023, 06:00 PM
Jeff Hardy is the Simpsons of wrestling. He's been shit for at least three times as long as he was ever good.

Shindig
13-04-2023, 06:01 PM
Even with the Final Deletion stuff, he was a prop to let his brother do the good work.

Ian
13-04-2023, 06:04 PM
That stuff was all wildly overrated too. If it was good at all it was good in the way that I am happy passing the time with terrible horror movies. I know that what I'm watching is often objectively quite shit even if I enjoy it.

Ben
13-04-2023, 06:16 PM
I’m sure you’ll be surprised to learn that cinematic crap isn’t my cup of tea but Matt’s was alright, especially as it was quite novel at the time. Bray Wyatt fucking ruined it though and hopefully now they’re part of UFC essentially, that shit (and him) will be a thing of the past.

Ian
13-04-2023, 06:20 PM
Firefly Funhouse with Cena is the only good cinematic match.

Anybody who liked the Boneyard is, at best, enormously wrong.

Gray Fox
13-04-2023, 06:50 PM
The Boneyard was great for memes but if I remember it right it makes AJ look very stupid.

The firefly fun house match was proper one hit wonder stuff.

wullie
13-04-2023, 06:54 PM
It's not a match but the best cinematic in wrestling history for my money is Sid, Vader and Harley Race trying to murder Sting by blowing his boat up. If it wasn't for Davey Boy Smith's quick thinking that day Darby Allin would have never been born.

Browning
13-04-2023, 06:55 PM
Firefly funhouse was just more nonsensical Wyatt bollocks.

Disco
13-04-2023, 06:56 PM
Final Deletion is great because it's so hokey and silly. The only WWE effort that come close is Bray Wyatt and his haunted house, the one Randy Orton completely no sells and fucks a fridge onto him for the win.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-04-2023, 07:01 PM
I liked the Boneyard at the time but it's shit.

Funhouse was wank and I never got the Deletion bollocks.

Shindig
13-04-2023, 07:08 PM
There was a creative streak running through the Final Deletion that made the thing so exciting to watch. Wasn't it also because they needed the Hardy's on TV at the time? It feels improvised, to a point. The WWE ones all feel more heavily produced and just lack that daft spark.

Ben
13-04-2023, 07:18 PM
It's not a match but the best cinematic in wrestling history for my money is Sid, Vader and Harley Race trying to murder Sting by blowing his boat up. If it wasn't for Davey Boy Smith's quick thinking that day Darby Allin would have never been born.

https://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/beach-blast-1993/

:lol:

Disco
13-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Punk rumours hotting up again. Imagine Baz’s face when he drops £500 for a ringside ticket and it ends up being Punk in the main event.

Omega / Ospreay 2 seems like such an open goal for that show.

Baz
13-04-2023, 07:34 PM
Omega / Ospreay 2 seems like such an open goal for that show.

Don't. :happycry: :alan:

Shindig
13-04-2023, 07:34 PM
Yep. Even if it ends up shitting the bed, it's a moneymaker.

Baz
13-04-2023, 07:38 PM
I just want a ladder match tbh.

Ben
13-04-2023, 07:47 PM
With the belt hanging from the Wembley arch?

Shindig
13-04-2023, 07:49 PM
Careful. That's dangerously close to an Ultimate X match.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-04-2023, 09:08 PM
I also ignored the PM you sent.

Try sending a PM to Bamster instead.

Vanishing Wanderer
14-04-2023, 07:25 PM
Ben, Baz, Shindig, Disco, Dan, Ian, how 'bout y'all? Any wrestlers in current WWE (including those who left in recent yrs) that you would describe as charismatic? (Especially the undercard). Or the Ruthless Aggression and PG Era? I'm putting together a poll w/ the responses.

Shindig
14-04-2023, 07:29 PM
We're not here to do your fucking homework.

Baz
14-04-2023, 07:40 PM
Ben, Baz, Shindig, Disco, Dan, Ian, how 'bout y'all? Any wrestlers in current WWE (including those who left in recent yrs) that you would describe as charismatic? (Especially the undercard). Or the Ruthless Aggression and PG Era? I'm putting together a poll w/ the responses.

I don’t watch WWE.

Vanishing Wanderer
14-04-2023, 09:13 PM
We're not here to do your fucking homework.

There's a reason it's called a poll. I'm asking other people what they think. After all this is a discussion board. I can spout off a laundry list of names past and present I would describe as charismatic so I'm not looking to others to do it for me.

I don’t watch WWE.

I see.

Baz
14-04-2023, 09:27 PM
Ordered a fake Burberry scarf today. :cool: Gonna look cool af on TV.

Looking forward to being annoyed if it’s good quality when it cost £16 and my wife’s real one cost me £390.

phonics
14-04-2023, 09:42 PM
I asked this kid who he was on the old board and he said he was new and now I see a bunch of deleted posts. All I can say is, buddy, welcome to tth. Don’t take it personally.

Shindig
14-04-2023, 09:46 PM
This might be the first new person in 5 years. Of course we distrust them. :D

Baz
14-04-2023, 09:52 PM
Longer than that, even.

Vanishing Wanderer
15-04-2023, 01:49 AM
I asked this kid who he was on the old board and he said he was new and now I see a bunch of deleted posts. All I can say is, buddy, welcome to tth. Don’t take it personally.

No offense taken lol. I did kinda show up randomly asking questions.

Dark Soldier
15-04-2023, 02:39 AM
No offense taken lol. I did kinda show up randomly asking questions.

Did you find one of Baz's cards in the local Turkish sauna?

Ben
15-04-2023, 06:47 AM
What’s LA Knight done to someone high up? They’re actively trying to kill him off. No appearance at WrestleMania and now another loss to fucking Xavier Woods.

Waffdon
15-04-2023, 10:06 AM
Still favourite to win the MITB :cool:

probably fail a cashin right enough

Gray Fox
15-04-2023, 10:43 AM
Did Xavier win with the most devastating move in all of sports entertainment?

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-04-2023, 10:47 AM
He did indeed.

Ben
15-04-2023, 10:51 AM
What a manoeuvre.

wullie
15-04-2023, 01:39 PM
LA Knight appears to be catching on despite there not being a huge effort to make it happen which for some perverse reason works against people in wrestling. The Acclaimed seem to be in a similar boat as well

Disco
15-04-2023, 01:48 PM
He's someone who is good at pretty much everything but will only ever be a jobber for WWE.

Vanishing Wanderer
15-04-2023, 02:43 PM
He'll get some wins but majority of the guys he's faced recently were in the middle of programs.

7om
15-04-2023, 09:56 PM
I think Triple Haitch is setting up a nice little story for Mr Knight. Cole keeps playing up the fact that he wasn’t on WM and now a shitty loss to that geek Woods. There’s a redemption arc in there somewhere.

Ian
15-04-2023, 11:06 PM
All this disrespect on Woods. :nono:

He's great and that match next week will be good if it gets time.

He shouldn't have been facing Knight though. You can't have him lose ahead of a title match and Knight doesn't need to be losing to fucking roll ups if you're going to do anything with him. Just have Woods beat someone with that massive elbow drop.

And Knight wrestle, and beat, somebody else.

Vanishing Wanderer
19-04-2023, 12:24 AM
WWE has reached a deal with Twitch allowing wrestlers to stream again according to Fightful.

Ian
22-04-2023, 08:19 AM
Some decent stuff on Smackdown last night. Strowman/Ricochet still feels a slightly silly tag team but it is a fun one and I did laugh when some combination of them fucked up the "Boatman lobs Ricochet at somebody spot" so he just slammed him onto the mat. The Judgement Day tag was fun. The womens tag was... fine. Liv's character being Scrappy Doo isn't ideal and HHH could really do with remembering how he booked Rodriguez in NXT where she wasn't amazing but she was better than she's been on the main roster so far.

Gunther / Woods was fun and another example of how Gunther using a bunch of different ways to finish matches really adds to the endings him and his opponents put together, in this case it looked like Woods had scrambled out of the submission at the end only to get reeled back in.

Main event was good too and not quite as purely an angle as I was expecting. Riddle NOT doing his goofy babyface shit when he's meant to be hellbent on revenge is a refreshingly sensible bit of booking for him and it made the match a lot better too. I thought the whole thing was the best booking they've done for him since Keith got injured to be honest and the defeat doesn't hurt him at all. I was also really entertained after the crowd (who were pretty good all night) had been chanting for tables and Riddle nearly gave it to them with a big cheer, only for Solo to interrupt and put the table back under and pulled the apron down to a massive boo. :D

Why the fuck is Rollins vs. Omos suddenly a thing for Backlash though when they haven't, so far as I'm aware, built anything for that at all?

Ben
22-04-2023, 09:10 AM
Your tolerance is much higher than mine. Firstly, why was the main event a “Street Fight” when they’ve never touched before? Booking a no-DQ just to protect the loser is bad booking. Secondly, Riddle needs at least some tape on his joints or longer trunks, he’s looking naked out there.

And Franklin vs. Omos. :D They send Rollins away for a grand total of one week. Can’t have the crowd miss out on their WOAHing I guess.

Ian
22-04-2023, 09:16 AM
It's a street fight because Solo 'injured' him when they wrote him off for whatever it was. Was it a suspension? Regardless, that's the reason.

And I see it less as protecting Riddle (maybe Trips will push him more but I suspect he's a means to an end) and more protecting Solo from a) having an asterisk defeat on his name if it's a singles match or b) doing the 307th identikit Bloodline finish. I thought it was a decent bit of fluff to serve the angle and I think Riddle was protected more by the fact that he was allowed to actually go toe to toe with Solo rather than the result. Just stop him being the flip flops Airbud bro dude.

Ben
22-04-2023, 09:21 AM
I suppose that’s where we differ. Having a TV match between two guys that you’re both trying to push ends up not really helping either guy. They should have jumped Riddle pre-match, have him choose to fight anyway because babyface, then have Solo murder him. Solo looks like a badass and Riddle has an excuse.

AEW did the same thing on Dynamite. They’ve brought in Jay White who they apparently want to make a big star but they debuted him against Komander who got all the offence because he’s flashy flips. Yeah White won, but he looks like a midcarder straight off the bat now.

Ian
22-04-2023, 09:30 AM
Well, I think we'll just have to disagree on that one. I dunno if having Riddle be there just to get merked would have been worse but I don't see how it'd have been any better. But in a month he'll probably be a comedy ("comedy") character again anyway so it makes little odds which of us has the 'right' of it.

The White thing sounds poo though, and I feel AEW (and WWE) do this a lot, make a big deal of a person on debut then just have them be totally normal. Who even is Komander? I know I barely watch AEW but I feel like I know most of the roster and I think that's the first time I've ever heard of him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-04-2023, 10:07 AM
Flippy guy.

Twitter exploded because of this the other day:

Looks pretty shit.

Ian
22-04-2023, 10:27 AM
If they'd done that so that in some way he doing it to dodge attacks from White then... fine, I guess, but White's just standing there watching him jump about for 15 seconds.

Baz
22-04-2023, 10:43 AM
He’s terrible.

Ben
22-04-2023, 11:45 AM
It’s taken a random Mexican clown to make it happen, but man it feels good to finally bond with Baz over wrestling.