PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate WWE Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

Disco
23-01-2020, 01:32 PM
Walter chopping little Adam Cole to death is a beautiful sight to behold.

Lewis
23-01-2020, 01:39 PM
Latest awkward 'celeb' encounter was drunkenly shouting BOING BOING when I unexpectedly spotted Darren fletcher at a NJPW show in altrincham. He just looked scared and confused. Sorry mate.

:lol:

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-01-2020, 08:36 PM
I like that Riddle went with an 11 year old white girl going to church hairstyle.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-01-2020, 08:48 PM
Riddle/Dunne really is a gift.

The brainbuster from Aichner was brilliant too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-01-2020, 09:43 PM

:drool:

Ian
24-01-2020, 01:57 PM
Just watched NXT, another cracking episode.

I can't see either of them slapping anything else so if that's really the noise Walter made on Cole's chest then Jesus Christ.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-01-2020, 02:21 PM
I think it is.

This is what he did to Jack Starz in his first match for NXT UK:

Ian
24-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Yeah I mean you'll hear them loudly in basically any match but the Cole one felt like it stood out because it was that loud over the crowd noise.

bruhnaldo
24-01-2020, 04:46 PM
The chest chops are such a cheap pop nowadays man I'm kinda over it.

Ian
24-01-2020, 05:30 PM
They are a bit nothing if you're not doing them super stiff.

Keith Lee's "Grizzly Magnum" spraying sweat off Strong's chest was good too, though.

bruhnaldo
24-01-2020, 07:47 PM
they're apparently do a NJPW in Miami next week but no Naito and no Okada so meh.

Disco
24-01-2020, 08:29 PM
I don't really understand their plan for these US tours, I'd have thought fewer shows with bigger stars would do better. The card seems a little underwhelming.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-01-2020, 02:22 PM
NXT have dropped "Women's" from the NXT and NXT UK titles.

Was rumoured to only be for the NXT one byt Kay Lee Ray was introduced as the NXT UK Champion on the pre-show.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-01-2020, 08:12 PM
World's Collide was brilliant.

MM/DIY my personal match of the night with the worst match being Ripley/Storm but it was going to struggle going right after MM/DIY.

Gray Fox
27-01-2020, 12:40 AM
So I reckon that Baszler wins the womens and Reigns the mens.

Smjffy
27-01-2020, 12:54 AM
Any streams for it chaps?

EDIT:

https://cytu.be/r/Cenation

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-01-2020, 12:57 AM
So I reckon that Baszler wins the womens and Reigns the mens.
Ding.

Gray Fox
27-01-2020, 01:36 AM
I shouldn't even be surprised.

Gray Fox
27-01-2020, 03:38 AM
First half of the mens rumble was genuinely hilarious.

EDIT: Whole mens rumble was really good I thought.

Waffdon
27-01-2020, 08:22 AM
Drew fkn McIntyre

Smjffy
27-01-2020, 09:25 AM
PP did a thing on Twitter where you click the .gif and enter their comp for a £50 free bet if he won the Rumble.

Well, I may have fell asleep just after he kicked Brock out but I feel I won the Rumble myself right now. :cool:

Smjffy
27-01-2020, 09:55 AM
First half of the mens rumble was genuinely hilarious.

EDIT: Whole mens rumble was really good I thought.

Is Edge 'back back' now?

Waffdon
27-01-2020, 11:03 AM
PP did a thing on Twitter where you click the .gif and enter their comp for a £50 free bet if he won the Rumble.

Well, I may have fell asleep just after he kicked Brock out but I feel I won the Rumble myself right now. :cool:

It was only three folk at random that won I’m sure.

Browning
27-01-2020, 11:32 AM
That’s the first wrestling I’ve watched since I quit the network after HIAC and I only watched it because I did a free trial.

Men’s match was surprisingly good, women’s match was pretty shit and the rest of the card was too dull to bother with.

Gray Fox
27-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Is Edge 'back back' now?

I doubt it. He's 46 now and got to know they're not going to put him in the title picture. Maybe a short run to Mania? I think he only stayed in so long because he's still in good shape. I also am not convinced AJ Styles should have been in the match longer.

He gets thrown over the ropes but looks as if he should have caught the top rope. You can tell because Anderson and also Edge both stare at him and full on stop for 10 secs or so and Gallows comes out not too long after.
Either that or he was hurt and let himself drop, because he's not usually one to make those kind of mistakes.

SvN
27-01-2020, 01:22 PM
It looked like AJ got injured and got put out early.

Browning
27-01-2020, 01:39 PM
The best bit was ortons reaction to being eliminated. That was a man who just doesn’t give a fuck.

wullie
27-01-2020, 02:10 PM
Cutting to a crowd reaction shot and missing Edge's first spear in years was a cracking bit of work.

bruhnaldo
27-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Cutting to a crowd reaction shot and missing Edge's first spear in years was a cracking bit of work.

I was so pissed lmao

wullie
27-01-2020, 04:40 PM
You weren't alone

https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/1221828022472343552

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-01-2020, 10:39 PM
Watching now.

Pre-show was decent enough, Roman/King was meh and the Women's had potential but they fucked it.

Why Charlotte? It's boring as fuck and no one wants her back on top. Why separate Tegan Nox and Dakota Kai? Have them enter a couple of spots apart and let them eliminate each other to further that NXT storyline. Why have Belair (who looked great) get eliminated in such a stupid way?

There's more I could moan about but fuck Charlotte.

I also had the Men's winner spoiled by my phone notifications (fuck you Google) I'm surprised that Drew won as I didn't think Vince would pull the trigger but I approve of it.

Edit: Bryan/Fiend was probably the Fiend's best match if only because of no shitty red lights and a lack of finisher spam. It went on far too long and Bryan/Fiend is still shit in the ring.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-01-2020, 01:37 AM
Bork was brilliant tbh, I loved that portion and Drew's elimination of him was brilliant.

Middle was a bit meh but it ended well too.

Wish they'd have used more of Keith Lee but him knocking down Bork (and Bork's face) was great.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-01-2020, 01:39 AM
Is Edge 'back back' now?

I doubt it. He's 46 now and got to know they're not going to put him in the title picture. Maybe a short run to Mania? I think he only stayed in so long because he's still in good shape. I also am not convinced AJ Styles should have been in the match longer.

He gets thrown over the ropes but looks as if he should have caught the top rope. You can tell because Anderson and also Edge both stare at him and full on stop for 10 secs or so and Gallows comes out not too long after.
Either that or he was hurt and let himself drop, because he's not usually one to make those kind of mistakes.

Allegedly signed a 3 year contract. I doubt he'll be on a full time schedule but appearing now and then to set up a PPV match (Orton at Mania?) makes sense.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-01-2020, 01:40 AM

Separated shoulder after landing badly from the spear. You could see he was fucked as soon as he landed and it looked like he told Corbin to go and get Edge to eliminate him pronto.

Shindig
28-01-2020, 07:08 AM
Great. 3 more years of the worst spear known to man. I hope Goldberg comes back to kill him.

Browning
28-01-2020, 10:29 AM
Skimmed through RAW because Edge is one of my favourites of all time and McIntyre is great. I laughed at the fact that no one came to save the old man with all the life threatening neck issues but 50,000 referees showed up to help the big boy tag team fight off the other big boy tag team backstage....

Disco
28-01-2020, 12:20 PM
It's WWE, the good guys are all idiots with no mates.

Disco
28-01-2020, 01:32 PM
The Rumble was brilliant, possibly the best one they've done. There were a few geeks that Bork lolled out of the ring that I'd rather not see buried quite so easily but the first half was so good it's almost worth it. Bit of a lull in the middle but the Edge stuff and Roman not winning made the end pretty decent too. I love how huge and awesome Drew looked, shame he'll likely lose a load of matches between here and Mania.

The women's Rumble was crap with a boring winner and I skipped the rest.

Their TV direction remains terrible (who wants to see Edge's first move in 9 years anyway), Roman Reigns has so many great attributes that it's incredible that he comes across as the blandest human in existence, the NXT love in would appear to well and truly over, and Michael Cole remains the worst person ever. See you again next year.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-01-2020, 02:15 PM
Apparently Riddle was meant to go into the Rumble earlier and have a spot with Bork but they had an altercation backstage so they took that away from Riddle and had him get bounced out early.

Browning
28-01-2020, 02:20 PM
I feel like the women’s rumble should have been a one time thing, at least until more women are properly over. There just aren’t enough names either in the current product or the past to justify it every year especially once you’ve done Trish and Lita. Seeing 10 generic blondes from NXT padding the field out is just sad.

Yaysus
28-01-2020, 04:22 PM
why is charlotte a thing again?
the way she no sold everything for the millionth times is such a fucking joke

bruhnaldo
28-01-2020, 05:05 PM
I feel like the women’s rumble should have been a one time thing, at least until more women are properly over. There just aren’t enough names either in the current product or the past to justify it every year especially once you’ve done Trish and Lita. Seeing 10 generic blondes from NXT padding the field out is just sad.

I'mma be real and ya'll can judge but I'm watching the women's stuff for one reason and one reason only so send every generic blonde :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-01-2020, 05:15 PM
Andrade has been suspended for 30 days so him getting DDT'd onto exposed concrete is to right him off for the month.

Heyman didn't want to take the title away from him though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-01-2020, 05:30 PM
Rumours are that Charlotte is in Florida for NXT this week and she'll challenge Rhea at Mania.

I'm not entirely against it as Charlotte v Becky/Bayley has been done to death but fuck having Flair beat Rhea.

Disco
28-01-2020, 06:14 PM
Better get used to it, that's what NXT peeps are for. Until yesterday I'd almost forgotten Otis/Heavy Machinery existed.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Well until Vince pops his clogs.

Disco
28-01-2020, 06:49 PM
I think I'll just watch decent wrestling thanks.

phonics
28-01-2020, 07:15 PM
I don't get what the hate for Flair is about. She's a good wrestler, her presentation is amazing and the storytelling within individual matches is virtually unparalleled even across male counterparts. Yes she inevitably wins but she fights like hell for those wins. She enters the ring looking impeccable without a hair out of place and leaves it looking like she's been through 12 rounds wiping her opponents blood off her face. That's timeless.

Shindig
28-01-2020, 07:17 PM
Well, if they're shallow like me, it'll be down to the plastic surgery making her look less attractive.

phonics
28-01-2020, 07:18 PM
I'm sure the feelings mutual between you shinners so I wouldn't fret on that part too much.

Shindig
28-01-2020, 07:28 PM
How can the feeling be mutual when I've not had work done?

Yaysus
29-01-2020, 04:41 AM
I don't get what the hate for Flair is about. She's a good wrestler, her presentation is amazing and the storytelling within individual matches is virtually unparalleled even across male counterparts. Yes she inevitably wins but she fights like hell for those wins. She enters the ring looking impeccable without a hair out of place and leaves it looking like she's been through 12 rounds wiping her opponents blood off her face. That's timeless.

she's ok at best in the ring and constantly no sells her opponents offence, just look at her match yesterday for fucks sake
it doesn't matter if she looks roughed up after the match if she easily fights off a run in
she made asuka and kairi look like jobbers for the second time and does the same to others as well
she's the second cena and if she wouldn't be a flair, she wouldn't be where she is

Smjffy
29-01-2020, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I don't see the point in Charlotte Flair either. When she first came in she looked alright if I'm honest but since then there's been so many other female wrestlers that have joined the roster who put her to shame.

I noticed Bayley is a heel now too? It just doesn't seem to fit her one bit.

Disco
29-01-2020, 12:50 PM
I saw Misre-Bailey doing her entrance, quite how that's supposed to work I'm not sure.

Ian
29-01-2020, 12:55 PM
"Who put her to shame"? In what sense? Her getting to win things when they can't work out what to do with her is boring but let's not pretend it makes her anything close to a bad wrestler. I thought the women's Rumble was decent but as ever suffers from the fact that even more than the mens people are having to chuck themselves over the top because half of them are either too small or weak to actually get each other over the top. Belair and Baszler were great and I was hoping for a Baszler win but the possibility of them giving it to Charlotte was always considerable.

The mens was about a third of a really good Rumble and a lot of a shit one. The Bork stuff was the sensible way to do it but to sacrifice half the match to it was boring and as per it is less "look how great Bork is!" (especially when he's done two eliminations and is sweating his hole off) and more "look how incompetent the rest of the roster is!" The Lee / Boatman bit in particular. Stop deciding whether you're going to have a snog and fuck him out of the ring. But it's WWE and Lesnar so they weren't the only people made to look devastatingly shit, obviously. The end of the Bork bit and O'Shea's involvement made sense given their Raw stuff recently so I liked how that bit was done even if he then got instantly lobbed out by McIntyre. Then the match died a bit while they filled the ring back up to actually have a Royal Rumble and I'd say the closing stretch was pretty good. The stuff with Rollins and the rest of Give This Stable A Name FFS was a rare example of WWE booking something pretty much perfectly so I assume that was an accident. And I'm happy enough with McIntyre winning, about time they did something with him and he made sense as he's the only person other than Bork and Rollins who's been actually getting to do much that's any good recently. And it's disappointing that neither NXT guy got to do anything other than about 10 seconds of Lee against Brock before standard service was resumed.

Didn't watch Reigns / Corbin, obviously, Bryan / Fiend was the best they've done with him helped by the lights as has been mentioned already and that the crowd did wake up and start to get into it near the end. Asuka / Becky was pretty decent and then I didn't watch Bayley vs. Evans because why would you?

The direction (I assume from Mr Dunn) was shite at various times, only just catching eliminations or just missing them because they've got their finger pressed down on the button that auto-skips between cameras and whatnot.

Gray Fox
29-01-2020, 01:17 PM
The Fiends matches could do with a bit of a shake up. Every one is the same so far. He takes a beating for 10-15 minutes as our hero throws the kitchen sink at him, then comes one or multiple finishers on him. 2 count pin, then exasperated hero looks tired and out of ideas only for Fiendy boy to pop up in the background and then be impervious to/no sell everything. Then The Fiend wins easily.

Given he's now nailed on to face Reigns at Mania, the match will go exactly the same, except at the end Reigns will kick out and then hit 5 back-to-back BIG DOGS followed by 1 spear to take the win.

As for Charlotte, she has the one thing everyone else wishes they had. Her last name. She's always in the title picture.

Ian
29-01-2020, 01:44 PM
Is Reigns allowed to face anybody other than Jezza these days?

I just assume those two will be fighting each other every PPV until one of them actually dies. And maybe even after that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-01-2020, 02:43 PM
Reigns will win elimination chamber to set up the MEGA Match with The Fiend.

Shindig
29-01-2020, 07:25 PM
"Who put her to shame"? In what sense? Her getting to win things when they can't work out what to do with her is boring but let's not pretend it makes her anything close to a bad wrestler. I thought the women's Rumble was decent but as ever suffers from the fact that even more than the mens people are having to chuck themselves over the top because half of them are either too small or weak to actually get each other over the top.

Bret's Rope Royal Rumble.

Ian
30-01-2020, 08:08 PM
I watched some of World's Collide.

Bate and his Uncle had a good match vs. DIY but the lack of real stakes took the edge off it a little. Same, to an extent, with Imperium vs. UE but again, it was a good match and the focus (for both teams) on the fear of Walter worked as a yarn. I did lol at him trying not to fully take some of Strong's chops though. You've got a cheek, mate.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-01-2020, 12:43 AM

That could have ended a lot worse for Dijakovic.

Also, another Keith Lee/Dijakovic match but this time at a Takeover for a belt? Yes please.

Ian
31-01-2020, 07:39 AM
I'm so-so on the Portland card so far. NA and tag matches: Yes please. Ciampa / Cole: Hoping Ciampa can take the edge of some of Cole's overly scripted-looking indieriffic nonsense he can get into against some opponents and Gargano / O'Shango I suspect I won't much care for. Hoping Belair, while she's obviously losing, will have a better outing than her last title match.

phonics
31-01-2020, 01:09 PM
The New Day podcast might be one of the funniest podcasts full stop. Inside our outside of wrestling, from them going through all the terrible names the WWE tried to give them, to the road team constantly fucking with Xavier about whether he's in or out of the rumble, Big E's roommates catching him jacking it and his room mates computer etc.

Genuinely hilarious.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-02-2020, 01:40 AM
I was bored and I wanted to see who the current BEST IN THE WORLD is, so:

Shane O'Mac won the title at Blood Money part whatever on November 2nd 2018, he then competed in the Survivor Series match on November 18th where he was pinned by Boatman who takes the title from him. This was his first match so 0 defences.

Boatman then competes in a Draw/No Contest the next night on Raw. Boatman then successfully defends the title against Baron Corbin in a TLC match with the greatest referee ever in Heath Slater. He then loses to Balor on January 21st 2019 but this was by DQ and titles don't change hands by a DQ. He then participates in a Royal Rumble which Rollins wins but I'm not counting that as titles are not on the line in a Rumble. He's then involved in a DQ win against McIntyre and a DQ tag loss to Corbin and McIntyre. He then gets a win in a 6 man tag match before dropping THE BEST IN THE WORLD TITLE to Baron Corbin in a No DQ match at Elimination Chamber on February 17th. Two successful defences, a couple of DQ losses/wins and a no contest.

The next night on RAW, because WWE loves to give us what we've just seen on a PPV, Corbin faces Boatman in a tables match which he loses. 0 defences.

The following week the new and first two time BEST IN THE WORLD champion teams up with Kurt Angle and Finn Balor to take on Corbin, Lashley and McIntyre. Boatman's team loses BUT Lashley pinned Balor which means the Champ was never pinned and his reign continues. He then teams with Balor to beat Lashley and Lio Rush, beats two jobbers in a handicap match, wins the Andre the Giant battle royal and teams with Rick O'Shea to beat Corbin and McIntyre. He then faces Sami Zayn on May 13th 2019 in a Falls Count Anywhere match and loses the title in the UK.

The next week Sami Zayn loses the title to Boatman.

Our THREE TIME champ then faces Corbin (of course), Lashley and The Miz in a fatal Four-Way elimination match which is won by Corbin HOWEVER, Boatman was eliminated by count out and thus keeps his title. He then beats Bob Lashley in an arm wrestling contest and then a real match. He then teams with Rick O'Shea and The Miz to beat Lashley, Cesaro and Samoa Joe. On the 17th June he is involved in another elimination match which is won by Rick O'Shea who does eliminate Boatman by pin to take the title.

Rick's first defence is also a US title match in which he beats Samoa Joe to become our first double champ at Stomping Grounds. However, he loses to AJ Styles the next night in a non-title match but the BEST IN THE WORLD was on the line sadly for him. 1 defence.

AJ then has a couple of tag match wins in Japan before losing to Rick on July 1st.

Ricochet then beats Gallows and Anderson in singles competition in the same night but loses both titles to AJ at Extreme Rules. 2 defences.

AJ then teams with the other OC buddies (in their first match together) to beat the Loser House Party. He then loses on the Raw reunion show to Rollins but it was by DQ but he loses on Smackdown to Kofi on July 30th.

Kofi is now our second double champ but he's holding a World title. His first defence is against Randy Orton at Summer Slam which is a double count-out draw. He then faces Randy again but this time in a 6 person tag match which he loses but Woods is the man pinned. He then wins a tag match at a live show before beating Randy Orton at Clash of Champions. Another 6-man tag is followed on Smackdown but on October 6th Smackdown goes to Fox and Kofi loses both titles to Brock Lesnar quickly.

Brock then beats Cain Velasquez at Blood Money and Rey at Survivor Series. His next match was the Rumble but as said previously they don't count.

So there you have it Brock is, of course, THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

Browning
01-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Didn’t you know the champion doesn’t have to be pinned to lose the title in a Triple Threat? They really should make that clearer.

Ian
01-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Didn’t you know the champion doesn’t have to be pinned to lose the title in a Triple Threat? They really should make that clearer.

What?

This can't be true, Maggle would have mentioned it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-02-2020, 08:44 PM
The New Day podcast might be one of the funniest podcasts full stop. Inside our outside of wrestling, from them going through all the terrible names the WWE tried to give them, to the road team constantly fucking with Xavier about whether he's in or out of the rumble, Big E's roommates catching him jacking it and his room mates computer etc.

Genuinely hilarious.

I started today (3 episodes in) and I love it as much as I knew I would.

Xavier's Youtube channel is also great, especially when Big E is on.

wullie
03-02-2020, 05:07 PM
I subscribed after seeing a clip of Big E talking about slapping meat with Goldberg. I've got into Jim Cornette's one too, apart from his sidekick it's good stuff. I can never hate anyone as much as he hates Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks.

phonics
03-02-2020, 05:25 PM
I subscribed after seeing a clip of Big E talking about slapping meat with Goldberg. I've got into Jim Cornette's one too, apart from his sidekick it's good stuff. I can never hate anyone as much as he hates Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks.

I enjoyed his dream team match just being 3 Goldbergs.

Disco
03-02-2020, 06:26 PM
I had to unfollow Cornette, his mad anger is amusing some of the time but he's turned into such a hypocritical blinkered prick, or rather that's been thrown into the light because the people he inexplicably hates are far more successful now. And that's before we get to the dickheads who follow him about tagging him in things they think will make him angry.

wullie
03-02-2020, 09:48 PM
That's the bit that puts me off, the 'cult'. His co-host is the embodiment of that, just going along with him and using his same wacky insults.

Baz
04-02-2020, 07:28 AM
I can never hate anyone as much as he hates Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks.
What’s his problem?

Ian
04-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Graves is going to end up in that ilk once WWE bin him for slagging off the current product.

Poor O'Shea has to get biffed by Bork at Blood Money. :(

What’s his problem?

It'll be because of the comedy wrestling and such like.

How does Cornette feel about NJPW, out of interest?

wullie
04-02-2020, 09:30 AM
From the episodes I've heard he doesn't have enough interest in Japan as a whole to form an opinion either way. With Omega and Young Bucks he thinks they're exposing the business (see also: Orange Cassidy, Marko Stunt, Joey Ryan's dick stuff) with a load of spot stuff that looks like a cooperative gymnastics routine rather than a contest between opponents, also something about Omega wrestling blowup dolls and liking Japanese schoolgirls so a bit weird. Outside his raging biases though a lot of his criticisms of the shows make sense, he's really good on the little details.

Ian
04-02-2020, 09:42 AM
a load of spot stuff that looks like a cooperative gymnastics routine rather than a contest between opponents,

These are the bits in NXT where it loses me sometimes, like I really didn't care for big chunks of Gargano / Cole for that reason. But it doesn't make me annoyed or anything, if people want to watch that or the Superkick Parties (do they still do those?) then fair play.

Browning
04-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Cornette is someone I could listen to for hours on end. He’s brilliant and more often than not he’s right. He’s another, much like Dave, who I think gets hated on by “the community” just because his opinion isn’t always “yea that WWE PPV was full of 5 star classics you should jack off to”.

Ian
04-02-2020, 09:52 AM
I'd still like to know which swivel-eyed mentals you're reading who are that devoted to WWE. They're certainly not the ones attending any shows judging by crowds in recent times.

Cornette is largely very good and is an engaging speaker but his loathing of anything after a certain point about 20 years ago gets a bit yawnsome in anything other than small doses.

wullie
04-02-2020, 10:51 AM
He does give credit to today's stuff, but mainly the things that adhere to the old school set of rules. Despite his predictions of doom for AEW he constantly praises Jericho, Cody Rhodes, MJF in particular and a few others, it's a lot of the endless flippy stuff that looks too rehearsed or just for show that he rants about, and I can understand some of it. When someone does a moonsault and lands on their own feet while lightly brushing the opponent or when you see the 12th canadian destroyer of a two-hour show you get where he's coming from. One thing he doesn't like is more than one women's match on a show, seemingly regardless of how good the women actually are.

He does praise Darby Allin because although he does a lot of dives, they look like he's actually trying to hit someone with it.

Ian
04-02-2020, 10:55 AM
I mean in the Welby Wrestling Federation (fuck off, pandas) you'd definitely have a lot less suicide dives and jumps where a small horde of people are gathering to catch a dude for 30 seconds before he jumps.

phonics
04-02-2020, 11:18 AM
My Jim Cornette opinion is 'Stop killing the Super Kick you bastards'

Ian
04-02-2020, 11:28 AM
I would agree. It's now a transition move that frequently doesn't even really get sold.

Browning
04-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Admittedly I don’t follow much wrestling content these days so my experiences are probably based on a small handful of people, but I’m still yet to see any criticism of Dave that isn’t driven by people thinking WWE is amazing and he’s bias. It’s crazy to me because I’m not sure what they expect from rankings that are one man’s opinion.

It’s also part of the reason I don’t watch any WhatCulture anymore. No matter how much dog shit they serve up Simon Miller will find a way to give it 37 ups and 3 downs.

Disco
04-02-2020, 12:31 PM
Cornette's problem with Omega apparently stems from when he signed for NJ and how he told ROH, he also took against an exhibition match he had in Japan with a 9 year old girl. Same for Ibushi (who he used to nicely refers to as Omegas boyfriend because you know, gay is funny right?) when he did the same with a blow up doll (and managed to make the doll look pretty good). The Young Bucks have made a career out of poking fun at 'kayfabe' as if such a thing really exists these days. All of these things have happened in an era where the business could not be more exposed yet they still seem to be great crimes in Cornettes opinion, as are certain displays of athleticism that he deems silly (rather than, you know, just a different method of competition).

Somewhat ironic given that the exact same criticisms were leveled at his generation, and indeed his generation were the ones who presided over more 'exposing the business' than almost any other and he was on the writing team in the period when the WWE destroyed the traditional model of wrestling and hotshotted the bejesus out of the mid-late 90's. He has a lot of very good things to say on how wrestling should be done (most of all on how to build wrestlers into credible stars) but his weird obsession with a handful of the most successful modern wrestlers is tragic as is his refusal to recognise that wrestling has evolved in the past 30 years.

Ian
04-02-2020, 12:34 PM
I mean I think we covered this a month or two ago so no need to go over the whole thing again but if you're going to judge the WWE fanbase by it's hardened core of IWC weirdos then obviously you're not getting a reasonable sense of how people feel about a certain thing. I mean I've seen Arsenal Fan TV and met a real-life Arsenal fan who didn't emit an ear-splitting shriek every time Wenger was mentioned so these things aren't always indicative.

As for WhatCulture, their videos are shit from the few I've seen and Simon Miller, if he's the muscly lad, struck me as a bit odd. Him tempering his attempt at a "How WWE Should Have Booked" video with a "HEY GUYS THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!" every three minutes was awful and WC as a whole are definitely more a bit more positive about WWE than I am, certainly the PPVs.

Wrestling With Wregret is my go-to a lot of the time. Zane is also generally more disposed to seeing the upside of some of their bizarre decisions than I am but it's always well-reasoned so I can dig it. And it's increasingly him and through Csonka's reviews that I learn about Raw and SD now that they're not on Sky. I'll sometimes use a Totally Legit You Guys site to check out the odd match if it's particularly well reviewed.

Disco
04-02-2020, 12:39 PM
It's the same issue you get with anything, the internet distills and promotes the most rabid, frothing idiots so you only ever really see the extremes of any subject. That's why we come here, for balanced sensible opinions all round :rosebud:

Ian
04-02-2020, 12:42 PM
The Young Bucks have made a career out of poking fun at 'kayfabe' as if such a thing really exists these days. All of these things have happened in an era where the business could not be more exposed yet they still seem to be great crimes in Cornettes opinion

Even WWE don't pretend kayfabe is a thing any more, not really.

Browning
04-02-2020, 12:52 PM
Oh yea, I agree that you can't judge the fan base as a whole on the opinion of a few idiots. My only point here was that I feel like Jim has fallen into the same category as Dave whereby you can't mention his name without people going "yea but he's a bias cunt" and in Dave's case "LOL THAT MATCH WOULD GET TEN STARS IN TOKYO!!" and it seems that these opinions are being formed by either 1) a failure to accept WWE isn't as good as you think it is, 2) failing to understand other people can have different opinions to you or 3) regurgitating some shite you heard someone else say. In most cases it's probably a combination of all 3.

I'm not judging wrestling fans, I don't really have reason to care about them anymore. If they want to be positive about the state of things, go ahead. What I don't like is them automatically dismissing anything said by certain people on the basis that they're not as positive as they are.

Russo is another one who has fallen into this category. Yes, he's responsible for a lot of shit booking, but you can't deny the fact that he had creative control of WWE during the "golden days" of the attitude era. People act like he's never been anything but a cancer on the industry, which is just ridiculous. He's not accused of being bias like the other two (other than maybe bias to his own material) but he's another who the very mention of his name will get all the idiots coming out to call him a cunt.

Ian
04-02-2020, 12:58 PM
I mean Russo is a big Third Half fan so.ots harder to criticise him now.

Browning
04-02-2020, 01:00 PM
I’ve never met this Third Half guy but Russo sure made me feel sorry for him in a way he never managed with any of his WCW characters.

Disco
04-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Of the three I think Meltzer gets the most unwarranted stick (partly because his answer to most stuff is to read his newsletter for $11.99 a month), Cornette gets it for being a twat about the modern era, but Russo I think gets completely warranted criticism. When you go back and watch his era of WWF/E it's utter crap, a million different things happen and none of them go anywhere or mean anything. His WCW or TNA stuff is even worse, the difference was he didn't have three of the best performers ever to deliver his rubbish.

phonics
04-02-2020, 02:23 PM
And everything good that he claims is his idea turns out to have been nothing to do with him. The mans a charlatan.

wullie
04-02-2020, 02:57 PM
One thing Russo seemed to do that I did like was get more people involved in the show, like nearly everybody had something going on. A lot of it was bollocks, but it's probably better than forgetting some of the roster even works there.

Ian
04-02-2020, 03:12 PM
Yeah, it felt like most people had a purpose. Which shouldn't be that hard to do, even if they're not that close to the title belt they're in theory meant to be gunning for.

phonics
04-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Not sure how much reciprocation I'll get here but it's worth a shot.

I partake in a fortnightly D&D session, we're coming to the end of a chapter and I'm producing a one-off that we'll do between chapters where a magical wrestling circus rolls into town and our heroes become a part of it. I'm basing it off an existing Tabletop and then editing it to make it more comedy based.

What I need help with is generating a roster of Magical Superstars, I need a larger than I'll actually use roster so that each character can choose who they want to feud/team with. They can be as serious or as ridiculous as you want (I'll put a couple of my examples below)

What I need.

Name.
Species - we play a traditional world so elves,orcs, cat people etc. all cool
Function - This would be a description of style, so like high-flyer, street brawler, submission master (feel free to use an example of someone IRL and I'll adapt it)
Look - What's his style/presentation
Gimmick - This is the most important part as it's the core thing that I'll play off. I care more about it being funny/entertaining than legit but that doesn't mean you can't be serious, for example, Brock Lesnar is a dull gimmick but Paul Heyman's BROCK LESNAR works. Jokes are funnier though.
Role - Heel/Face/Neutral obviously
Finishing/Character Move - Should be in keeping with the characters gimmick

and finally Stats

There are 4 stats which you can add or minus from for a total of +3 points.

Work, which is your most important as it effects everything you do. Good workers can do it in the ring, on the mic, and run the locker room
Look, which is kind of Mic/Promo/Charisma on camera.
Power, which is strength in the ring.
Real, which would be used when you're trying to be 'real life tough' whether that's breaking Kayfabe on camera, intimidating the other fighters off camera or just working stiff in the ring.

For example, off the top of my head,
IRL The Undertaker who was well respected, didn't speak a lot, strong as an ox but stuck to the gimmick could be
+2 Work, -1 Look, +1 Power, 0 Real

whereas peak Shawn Michaels who used his natural talent and fire promos to counter his small size to screw any potential competitor might be
+2 Work, +2 look, -4 Power, +3 Real

A couple of quick examples off the top of my head as I haven't got my sheet to hand.

Example Wrestlers:

Name: Bulk Bogan
Species - Human
Look - Like a disgusting fat roadie with an enormous belly sticking out of his shirt, looks like Hoagie but with one of those hats with corks on it (https://www.deviantart.com/jhroberts/art/DOTT-Hoagie-Sprite-Rips-60415683)
Function - Brawler/Fighter
Gimmick - It's just Hulk Hogan in a racist australian accent.
Role - Neutral
Finishing move - Poison mist but he does it by smashing one of those toads they've got everywhere in your face
Stats: 0 work, -2 look, +5 power, 0 real

Tag team
Name: The Postmen
Names: Pat and Jess
Species - Human + Small Cat person
Look - One's a curly haired ginger man in glasses and the others a small black and white cat person
Function - High flyer
Gimmick - I mean it's clearly just postman pat, whether it's sleet or snow, he'll deliver etc. mostly just puns about mail.
Role - Baby Face
Finishing move - Using his powers of the post, folds up his opponent and mails them to the next dimension where they lose by count-out

Name: Mr. Mime
Species: A pokemon
Look: like Mr. Mime the Pokemon
Function: Whatever his opponent does
Gimmick - Try to best him in a physical contest and you might have your own skills turned back on you. Try cut a promo on him and him repeating back your promo in a mocking voice might leave you wishing for the days of the crowd shouting 'What' at you
Role: Baby Face
Finishing Move - Yours but better.

I tried to do a mix of rather plain and just dumb as shit examples to show the breadth at what I'm looking for. Just dumb action figures for us to play with basically.

Shindig
04-02-2020, 07:16 PM
One thing Russo seemed to do that I did like was get more people involved in the show, like nearly everybody had something going on. A lot of it was bollocks, but it's probably better than forgetting some of the roster even works there.

Yep. Something WWE should be really going for, given their live scheduling is 20 hours of pure recaps.

phonics
04-02-2020, 07:22 PM
The recaps aren’t due to lack of content. They’re due to assuming the audience has a single digit IQ.

Lewis
04-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Name: The British Wrestler
Species Human
Look He dresses like the Patriot, except in Union Jack clobber, and he has to be my height and wear a mask at all times so that I could deliver the promos (in a Bridlington pattern gansey or a John Motson sheepskin) while Nigel McGuinness does the actual wrestling
Function He wrestles in the stiff old school style, and his pay per view gimmick match is one divided into rounds
Gimmick He's a British wrestler who speaks in that crap British wrestling voice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SobD560-9ZQ#t=5m2s), calls his opponents 'sunshine', and uses British lingo like 'load of rubbish' and 'kick your head in'
Role Heel, except here where he is worshipped
Finishing move The Royal Artillery (stiff as fuck running clothesline), and the Tower of London (crossface submission)
Stats: +3 work, -4 look, +3 power, +1 real

SvN
04-02-2020, 08:04 PM
I'll use my eWrestling persona circa 1999

Name: Dean "The Destroyer" Davies (Occasionally referred to as "Triple D")
Species: Human
Look: Basically Steve Blackman
Function: He's a super generic wrestler who has no real wrestling identity other than all of his moves being over the top power moves. Lots of punching, kicking and using real wrestler's finishing moves mid-match.
Gimmick: He didn't have one, until he accidentally ran over another wrestler (who was his best friend) and became an alcoholic due to the guilt of it all. He would come out to wrestle absolutely hammered (carrying a beer can) but would often somehow shake himself out of it (Hulking up) just in the nick of time to secure the win. When the guy he ran over recovered and returned, Dean Davies turned HEEL by revealing that it was all a ruse and he'd actually done it on purpose because he was jealous of his success as SWF European Champion.
Role: Generic boring face to start with, evil heel once he lost his smile.
Finishing move: "The Destruction" A chokeslam into a piledriver, however that fucking worked.
Stats: -7 work, -6 look, +8 power, +5 real

bruhnaldo
04-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Name. - The Big Slow

Species - Goliath

Function - just a big lumbering freak show fucker

Look - i'd like to imagine he has the Andre the Giant / old WCW Giant singlet

Gimmick - clumsy as fuck but deadly if he gets ahold of you... has the reputation of the dumb, goofy asshole of the trope that everyone begrudgingly loves and puts up with because he will literally sit on you and means no harm to anyone, which he repeatedly tells everyone to the point of annoyance because he has an IQ of like 33.

Role - I'd like to imagine him as a super baby face that is almost like ashamed of his own strength and hugeness to the point of embarrassment and therefore rages after awhile

Finishing/Character Move - Croakslam .... like a chokeslam but he accidentally kills whoever he does it to and then is REALLY sad about it because he didn't mean to kill them he was just doing his job. he forgets that he can't do the move without killing them and has accidentally killed several performers in the past

Work +2
Look -4
Power +10
Real -5

phonics
04-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Name: The British Wrestler
Species Human
Look He dresses like the Patriot, except in Union Jack clobber, and he has to be my height and wear a mask at all times so that I could deliver the promos (in a Bridlington pattern gansey or a John Motson sheepskin) while Nigel McGuinness does the actual wrestling
Function He wrestles in the stiff old school style, and his pay per view gimmick match is one divided into rounds
Gimmick He's a British wrestler who speaks in that crap British wrestling voice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SobD560-9ZQ#t=5m2s), calls his opponents 'sunshine', and uses British lingo like 'load of rubbish' and 'kick your head in'
Role Heel, except here where he is worshipped
Finishing move The Royal Artillery (stiff as fuck running clothesline), and the Tower of London (crossface submission)
Stats: +3 work, -4 look, +3 power, +1 real

Hired except he's well Tory so I'll need the promos to be delivered in the mask but wearing the Churchill hat and smoking a cigar. You're the classic heel who spends his time telling everyone that they're working class scum.

I'll use my eWrestling persona circa 1999

Name: Dean "The Destroyer" Davies (Occasionally referred to as "Triple D")
Species: Human
Look: Basically Steve Blackman
Function: He's a super generic wrestler who has no real wrestling identity other than all of his moves being over the top power moves. Lots of punching, kicking and using real wrestler's finishing moves mid-match.
Gimmick: He didn't have one, until he accidentally ran over another wrestler (who was his best friend) and became an alcoholic due to the guilt of it all. He would come out to wrestle absolutely hammered (carrying a beer can) but would often somehow shake himself out of it (Hulking up) just in the nick of time to secure the win.
Role: Generic boring face to start with, evil heel once he lost his smile.
Finishing move: "The Destruction" A chokeslam into a piledriver, however that fucking worked.
Stats: -7 work, -6 look, +8 power, +5 real

You're in but you've been rebranded to Drugs Bunny and because I can't be bothered to make my own character art, your finisher is a gun.
https://i.imgur.com/hQb1mxX.png

Lewis
04-02-2020, 08:28 PM
He'll tell foreigners they're scum. Not on home turf.

bruhnaldo
04-02-2020, 08:35 PM
Name: Benny Omega or Benny Omegawolf or just Omegawolf

Species: - Wolfman

Function: High agility, high intensity performer

Look: kinda like this:

https://cdn.imgbin.com/15/7/3/imgbin-mortal-kombat-deception-mortal-kombat-armageddon-mortal-kombat-3-nightwolf-mortal-kombat-ptJnfwfJyY7921inYhhVMNdaH.jpg

except he has an actual wolf head

Gimmick - "aw jeeze I really appreciate everyone's wonderful compliments I just kinda come out here and try to do the best job I can to put on a great show for you guys and we really appreciate you guys coming ok!" in a type of humble but kinda knows how great he is kind of way

Role - Charismatic as all fuck whilst being good enough in the ring to earn the respect of his peers, well liked by nearly everyone, functions as either one of the leaders of the whole group or the leader of his "wolfpack" if you wanted to give him like a stable/faction

Finishing/Character Move - Cry of the Wolf - it's just the one winged angel but he howls when he drops you on your head

Work +2
Look +6
Power -1
Real -4

phonics
04-02-2020, 08:42 PM
I'll take a second to remind that this is a magical world where Postman Pat delivers people to a literal ethereal plain.

@bruhnaldo (https://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/member.php?u=19) I'll take the first one but I don't need leaders/five star guys, those are written into my story, I need dumb gimmick wrestlers. Less Hunter Hearst Helmsley, more Hurricane Helms.

Shindig
04-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Postman Pat Patterson.

bruhnaldo
04-02-2020, 08:54 PM
Name: M'adam Page

Species: - Human

Function: - feigns class but is basically a high functioning alcoholic

https://imageproxy.themaven.net/https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fmaven-user-photos%2Fallhiphop%2Fnews%2FT01HiekQS0ifmtKBq2sBvQ %2FiuGwc0TeMkyyfZvlqJJzfA

Except it's a white chick

Gimmick - it's basically Lacey Evans southern belle bullshit except in this instance the southern belle is a drunk who was rejected from high society but still imagines she's apart of it.

Ironically her mystic powers seem to increase the more she drinks so you eventually would get the sense she was shunned from high society because her powers scared her peers rather than her actually being an extra sloppy drunk... and perhaps also realize she drinks so much because it makes her more powerful and she's addicted to the power and not the alcohol. basically very tragic but no one cares cause she acts stuck up to everyone. while drinking makes her more powerful they also make her very wanton in her actions, regularly making mistakes or experiencing unintended consequences with her power

Role - heel

Finishing/Character Move - "Stuck Up", she gets drunk enough that her powers allow her to suspend objects in the air for infinity so she basically sends you into the atmosphere where you eventually run out of air and suffocate and then once you're out of the atmosphere your lifeless body explodes and is "stuck up" in space forever.

Work +2
Look -1
Power +2
Real 0

phonics
04-02-2020, 09:00 PM
You just walked into 'Definitely Not Vinces' office and get this look

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/eb/a9/3d/eba93d2cb270d4dcb946420808525ccc.jpg

"We've already got the drunk rabbit. Get out!" and he throws a Bobblehead version of Bulk Bogan at your head.

bruhnaldo
04-02-2020, 09:08 PM
Name: Kappa Donna

Species: - Human

Function: - fights strictly in capoeira break dance style like Eddy Gordo but literally only wears full Kappa tracksuits to any and all functions, all kinda different colors

https://media.dollskill.com/media/FbajGreRg5bgASVsO4hpvdIqD5XhLbN6-34.jpg

but she's Brazilian

Gimmick - so basically even when just walking around normally she's always in like breakdance form and when she gets going and let's say... does a bunch of breakdance combos back to back ... it's basically like a combo meter and the more moves she strings together the more powerful she becomes

Role - heel

Finishing/Character Move - "Samba Bonito" - she starts hitting a bunch of what her opponent sees as unbelievable break dance moves together really fast mesmerizing/dazing the opponent before she unleashes a barrage of attacks that end with her literally kicking the skull off her enemy's body and then hitting a fuckin volley into the upper 90 of whatever resembles a "goal" at the time with it

Work +2
Look +5
Power -2
Real -2

bruhnaldo
04-02-2020, 09:09 PM
You just walked into 'Definitely Not Vinces' office and get this look

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/eb/a9/3d/eba93d2cb270d4dcb946420808525ccc.jpg

"We've already got the drunk rabbit. Get out!" and he throws a Bobblehead version of Bulk Bogan at your head.

bruhnaldo
04-02-2020, 09:20 PM
"I got this guy that looks like Steve Blackman but kinda drinks a lot because he's sad but it doesn't effect his work and also he basically just beats the shit outta people with his bare hands and feet"

"okay how about we scrap all the shit you wrote and just call him Drugs Rabbit and instead of all that other shit about martial arts now he also has a gun"

--- "LETS NOT FORGET THIS IS A WORLD OF MAGIC!" ---

"Okay well how about I got this chick whose DNA mutates with alcohol giving her super powers that was born into high society but then shunned because of her excessive drinking and also wears a really elaborate dress ensemble that's actually kinda fuckin sweet"

"Yea but have I mentioned Drugs Rabbit, you stupid asshole?"

................ man FUCK this guy lmao

phonics
04-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Sounds like I’ve absolutely fucking nailed the Not Vince McMahon character with that post.

bruhnaldo
04-02-2020, 09:48 PM
lmao you're doing gre- err i mean ya that's good shit !

Browning
04-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Can Vince Russo start booking this thread.... it would make more sense.

Disco
04-02-2020, 10:11 PM
But bruh would have to have a miscarriage.

Gray Fox
04-02-2020, 10:11 PM
Can I just say this has got absolutely weird as fuck and I'm uncomfortable. I'm also confirming Phonics as a Furry.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-02-2020, 10:27 PM
Back into slightly more normal things.

Big E's master strategy for a Royal Rumble is incredible.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-02-2020, 12:40 AM
Heavy rumours that it will be Goldberg v Fiend at Blood Money :lol:

Ian
05-02-2020, 07:25 AM
I realise this is a stupid question to ask, but here goes: What fucking sense does that make either way?

Disco
05-02-2020, 08:09 AM
They get a lot of money to do it.

Shindig
05-02-2020, 08:14 AM
And it's a PPV of no consequence.

Ian
05-02-2020, 08:17 AM
They'll get a lot of money to do whatever they do and the bored gentlemen in the front row still won't look away from their phones.

Disco
05-02-2020, 09:53 AM
They've paid for Goldberg so someone had to wrestle him.

Ian
05-02-2020, 09:56 AM
I mean if it's a one-and-done Fiend smashes Goldberg then it does make sense. But it's the only scenario that makes sense and one I find it hard to imagine them going for.

Disco
05-02-2020, 10:39 AM
I don't think they give a shit, you've just given it more thought than they will have.

Ian
05-02-2020, 10:40 AM
Almost certainly.

In other news, WWE have signed Timothy Thatcher (who I think I might have seen on a PWG show?) and Killer Kross off've Impact.

How much should I care (before they ruin them)?

SvN
05-02-2020, 11:06 AM
Goldberg will be against Corbin and annihlate him in 45 seconds.

Ian
05-02-2020, 11:10 AM
It would fit Corbin's bizarre WWE career path, so long as it's immediately followed by him beating Boatman for the IC title inside 4 minutes at Mania.

Ian
05-02-2020, 11:20 AM

Just spotted this realising I'd missed the suggestions for Phonics and you used to get a lot of this sort of thing in e-feds and what not.

"Okay so this move is a shooting star press that ends as a gorilla press slam."

Or just adding 'reverse' to any move description and to hell with the logic. Good times.

SvN
05-02-2020, 12:11 PM
I fucking loved e-feds. They're also almost entirely responsible for my current career choice. At 14 I had a "business" designing websites for e-feds.

Baz
05-02-2020, 01:02 PM
Add me to the e-fed fanlist.

Me and Mike "ran" one. ACWF :cool:

bruhnaldo
05-02-2020, 05:06 PM
what is an e-fed? exactly what it sounds like?

Disco
05-02-2020, 06:11 PM
Almost certainly.

In other news, WWE have signed Timothy Thatcher (who I think I might have seen on a PWG show?) and Killer Kross off've Impact.

How much should I care (before they ruin them)?

Timothy Thatcher was part of Ringkampf (the original version of what they're doing with Imperium) in WXW with Walter, Barthel, and Wolfe(?)

Wrestling these days seems to communicate mostly in Simpsons memes, in which case:

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-02-2020, 06:13 PM
But I like Aichner :(

Disco
05-02-2020, 06:26 PM
That's nothing, there are some who refer to Walter as WWEalter to differentiate between his work in NXT and WXW.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
05-02-2020, 07:09 PM
I'm finding a new hobby in scouring youtube for anecdotes by former wrestlers.

Ian
05-02-2020, 07:32 PM
what is an e-fed? exactly what it sounds like?

https://ewrestling.fandom.com/wiki/E-federation

The variations. :drool:

Disco
05-02-2020, 07:32 PM
I hope you're interested in Simon Gotch's opinion of Enzo Amore.

Browning
05-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Blampied has officially joined WrestleTalk :drool:

Ian
05-02-2020, 09:35 PM
Because I watched his video when he was just a guest (i.e. they were just checking the internet didn't unload on them) Youtube then suggested this fucking bizarre video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbMJdEQ3p4k

Browning
05-02-2020, 09:36 PM
Yea, I'm fairly sure I saw that a couple of days ago. Seemed a bit pointless.

He's confirmed he's going to be doing monthly booking videos, as well as a groundbreaking new project.... weekly top 10 lists.

Ian
05-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Bang up for more booking videos.

Ian
06-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Velveteen Dream is back. :cool:

Also Truth is saying Bork has been pitching ideas for the two of them to do more stuff together after their pre-Rumble segment. :cab:

phonics
06-02-2020, 12:00 PM
I didn’t think Brock understood the concept of humour but him saying ‘oooh big boy’ when Keith Lee came out was top 10 stuff.

Ian
06-02-2020, 12:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXBRsY3WckY

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Velveteen Dream is back. :cool:

Also Truth is saying Bork has been pitching ideas for the two of them to do more stuff together after their pre-Rumble segment. :cab:

He was genuinely laughing when they had that segment before Rumble.

Ian
06-02-2020, 01:38 PM
I think it's more likely that the motivator is he's aware that Vince finds Truth's idiot shtick hilarious and that he might be able to wring some more lucrative appearances out of it.

wullie
06-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Lesnar also did the Van Damme American dancing when MVP was on the way which was great.

Ian
07-02-2020, 08:01 AM
Sounds like the Network is on the way out or set to see big changes, then, with lots of rumours about WWE selling PPV rights elsewhere.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-02-2020, 11:37 PM
https://www.wwe.com/superstars/murphy

Buddy Murphy has seemingly had the 'Buddy' dropped :face:

Fuck you Vince.

Ian
08-02-2020, 08:45 AM
What is his fucking obsession with mononyms?

Also: Fiend / Goldberg confirmed. Thank God I won't be watching that show.

Queenslander
09-02-2020, 10:24 AM
Dragon Lee v Hirom and Moxley v Suzuki were both absolutey mental!

Disco
09-02-2020, 10:57 AM
I'll be watching later but it'll have to go some to beat Matt Riddles song about fish.

Queenslander
10-02-2020, 07:52 AM
Naito v Hiromu! :drool:

This year has a 2017 vibe about it.

Ian
10-02-2020, 03:53 PM

Not sure if the whole story recently was a work, if it's now being turned into a work or if he just doesn't give a shit.

phonics
10-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Saying this sort of stuff is priming yourself for Brock to beat you within 30 seconds in a match everyone hates.

Ian
10-02-2020, 04:17 PM
I think "working for WWE" also falls into that category.

The thing here is more that he's supposedly been told not to do it and had a tantrum off Bork for it.

Browning
10-02-2020, 04:19 PM
I saw a headline saying WWE cleared him to do it but I didn’t click it.

Gray Fox
11-02-2020, 01:59 AM
Shayna Baszler is now a vampire apparently.

"That's such good shit" - Vince McMahon, probably.

Ian
11-02-2020, 07:54 AM
Also sounds like now that the big "YOU'RE THE ONE PERSON I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO BEAT!!!" story is over Lynch can now beat Asuka whenever she fancies.

Browning
11-02-2020, 09:32 AM
The ambulance bit made me properly laugh. What a load of shite.

Ian
11-02-2020, 09:40 AM
Also if Bobby Roode is really in the Elimination Chamber match as has been 'leaked' then lol at that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-02-2020, 12:55 PM
Shayna can get her shit mates called up and form The Brood 3.0.

Browning
11-02-2020, 02:39 PM
Truth better win the jobber trophy match in Saudi Arabia.

phonics
11-02-2020, 02:45 PM
He's got a documentary coming out on the network directly after it so I think that'll happen.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Is AJ actually fit enough for it?

It's been what? 2 and a half weeks since he suffered a separated shoulder. He's got another 2 weeks but it still seems quite fast especially as there were doubts that he'd even make it to Mania.

Lewis
11-02-2020, 08:51 PM

That possibly looks higher than it is, but no thanks mate.

Ian
13-02-2020, 09:51 AM
I've realised I can't see Bronson Reed and not be put in mind of Firefist from Deadpool 2.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-02-2020, 01:54 AM
Takeover:

Lee v Dijakovic - Just give me more. That springboard cannonball from Dijakovic was mental.

Nox v Kai - I was disappointed with their match on NXT TV the other week as it needed something more and this was it. They both came in with great intensity and emotion for the feud, the ending let it down though.

Balor v Gargano - A little slow to start, especially after the first two but really grew well and ended up being my favourite Balor match that I've seen (wasn't around for his original NXT run and his main roster stuff was meh) and they worked well together. The John Woo off the table into the barricade was also a nice touch.

Ripley v Belair - Good match but the weakest thus far. Belair did well but it never really came across that she could win which let the match down a bit. The after match well and I can see it leading up to a triple threat.

UE v Broserweights - Possibly my favourite match thus far. I liked that they teased the implosion between the Broserweights but didn't go overboard with it. Tremendous work from both teams. As incredible as Dunne is for putting on classics, I think UE are also up there with tag matches, they just seem to always produce.

Ciampa v Cole - Started great but I feel it went on a bit too long and like a lot of Adam Cole matches had a bit too many unbelievable kick outs. Was shaping up to be out of the best Takeovers ever but I think the main event just lost it.

Queenslander
19-02-2020, 05:15 AM
Who has come out of the performance center and had a match at a Takeover?

Ian
19-02-2020, 07:48 AM
I also watched Takeover last night.

Lee / Dijakovic was fun as you'd expect but because of how theirs has developed into a rivalry based on mutual respect it did feel a little lacking in stakes even though the NA title was on the line. Still, Dijakovic got a couple of daft spots and I love me a bit of Keith.

Nox vs. Kai - Was going okay and they worked some stiff shots but the end was buuuuuuullshit. I was fairly confident Kai was winning this one but the way she did was balls.

Balor and Gargano's match was a very pleasant surprise. A couple of brief exchanges aside was largely wrestled as a contest not an exhibition of indy concepts, I loved Balor's intensity and heel work and like Mahow, this is one of my favourite matches of his.

Ripley and Belair is another match that suffered from a very obvious winner but I think it's probably Belair's best big match yet.

Tag title match was really good fun and had the benefit of actually having a surprise result. I'd have made more of an arc out of the end of UE's "prophecy" than they are and I'd have also built more into this feud if they were changing the belts but still, Dunne and Riddle are good value and should have some fun matches.

Main event was fine but I wasn't expecting Cole to lose the belt at this point and I'm kind of bored of Ciampa / Gargano at this point, both because it's been going on for ages and because while they've had a fairly simple heel-turn / redemption arc for Ciampa what they've been doing with Gargano for the last year-ish has been all over the place.

It was a very good show on the whole but suffered from most of the card feeling like it had fairly obvious winners because nothing felt like it had been built up to see a potential switch on this particular show to me.

Who has come out of the performance center and had a match at a Takeover?

I can't find a list of who was PC but Belair and Dream, off the top of my head.

Just reading the Raw results and Shayna Baszler, Asuka, Ruby Riott, Natalya, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan is going to make for a deeply uninspiring Chamber match.

Disco
19-02-2020, 10:42 AM
Just those two, at least from that card.

Ian
19-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Trying to think of others who've not done any indy stuff first.

Lars Sullivan has had a Takeover match or two I think.

Browning
19-02-2020, 11:01 AM
Charlotte Flair...

wullie
19-02-2020, 12:52 PM
Street Profits? I think Montez Ford joined them straight from the army or something like that at least.

Assume Baron Corbin and Mojo Rawley too, anyone who was previously doing some other sport.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Dawkins is a PC guy too.

Also, Babatunde hasn't been on TV or a Takeover but he was used at a Blood Money Rumble.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-02-2020, 01:06 PM
Tucker from Heavy Machinery joined straight after College.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-02-2020, 01:08 PM
The current 24/7 Champion and former O-Lineman for Mojo was PC. As is his former partner Tino Sabbatelli but he's done nothing yet largely due to injuries.

phonics
19-02-2020, 02:35 PM
Speaking of... Tito Ortiz, one of the most hilariously dumb UFC fighters of all time, has been training at the Performance Center.

phonics
19-02-2020, 08:14 PM
In a massive enditement of modern rap music, R-Truth has released a song and I'm not sure it's any worse than 98% of the people in the charts at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EYAOXao4xc

Like I say it's not good but it's definitely not worse than anything that gets big these days.

phonics
19-02-2020, 08:23 PM
This song has sent me down a rabbit hole where I realise that you can summarise every era of rap music using a song that featured a wrestler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAag-nlCJQ0

As Dancehall was growing and Elephant Man were real big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMbcOC5dS5k

Macho Man doing a bad DMX impression in 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUZDyH2wIeU

John Cena doing bad Kanye West

And searching this stuff out fucked my YouTube algorithm so badly that I just found out that Enzo Amore has released an absolute rip off of Lil Dicky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVruAfu53z4

WWE profiting off black culture since 88.

bruhnaldo
19-02-2020, 08:38 PM
"Enditement"???????????????? bro?

phonics
19-02-2020, 08:46 PM
The American can not have a go at my spelling something phonetically.

bruhnaldo
19-02-2020, 09:20 PM
Do...do we... generally spell phonetically or something?

phonics
19-02-2020, 09:24 PM
Do...do we... generally spell phonetically or something?

Aluminum. Ironically alot of the differences in spelling in English v American is because the Americans are using the older version of the term than the English.

bruhnaldo
19-02-2020, 09:30 PM
We do say aluminum properly you folk throwing in a whole extra syllable is pretentious as shit!

phonics
19-02-2020, 10:56 PM
We do say aluminum properly you folk throwing in a whole extra syllable is pretentious as shit!

There's an I in aluminium...

Disco
19-02-2020, 11:00 PM
Please can we refrain from posting Enzo songs, it makes me think of his 'consensual penis' and I'd just rather not.

phonics
19-02-2020, 11:51 PM
Please can we refrain from posting Enzo songs, it makes me think of his 'consensual penis' and I'd just rather not.

For some reason I've just got Temporary Secretary but Paul McCartney is screaming 'Consensual Penis'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdCH7ZewAfY

Shindig
20-02-2020, 07:09 AM

Aluminium (aluminum in American and Canadian English)

This bullshit is why I don't give money to wikipedia.

Ian
20-02-2020, 07:31 AM
There's an I in aluminium...

Which was added in by others, not the (British) guy who actually originally named it.

I could no more call it 'aluminum' than I could refer to cilantro or eggplants but arguing about it is like the British football fans who get shirty about the word soccer.

bruhnaldo
21-02-2020, 03:05 PM
In 1808 Sir Humphry Davy, the British chemist who discovered the metal, named it “alumium.” With just one “i” and an “ium” ending, it straddled the two competing versions we have today. Four years later, however, Davy changed his mind and gave the metal the name “aluminum” (yup, the one-“i” American version).

I expect several apologies!

phonics
21-02-2020, 03:12 PM
I expect several apologies!

Literally already brought it up.

Aluminum. Ironically alot of the differences in spelling in English v American is because the Americans are using the older version of the term than the English.

bruhnaldo
21-02-2020, 03:15 PM
You brought up the fact the British asshole who named it in the first place preferred the better American version so nothing about your crusade for an extra "i" makes any logical sense?

I don't think you did, fauxnics.

Lewis
21-02-2020, 03:17 PM
'Bad, Bad Man' by John Cena was a right choon, and it would have been the perfect theme for his heel turn.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-02-2020, 03:56 PM
I lolled at Matt Riddle saying the Dusty Cup partied too hard at the weekend and failed the Wellness Policy so is suspended for 30 days.

Browning
21-02-2020, 05:58 PM
Plumpy’s first booking video didn’t disappoint.

Ian
21-02-2020, 06:36 PM
Plumpy’s first booking video didn’t disappoint.

I was literally just coming to post that it was up. I haven't watched yet. :drool:

Ian
22-02-2020, 12:17 AM
He's still comfortably the best at this sort of video.

Lewis
24-02-2020, 10:40 PM

Smjffy
24-02-2020, 10:52 PM
The age of consent is around 14 in Brazil so it stands to reason.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-02-2020, 10:58 PM
That DDT at the start :drool:

Shindig
25-02-2020, 07:10 AM
Nice of him to go back to his old face.

Disco
26-02-2020, 01:33 PM
New Japan have cancelled all their shows from 1st-15th March. Which rather fucks the first half of the NJ Cup.

Ollenner
26-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Do you think they might actually bring in coronavirus into the story?

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Samoa Joe suspended for 30 days.

Ian
26-02-2020, 02:28 PM
How would we notice the difference?

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-02-2020, 02:51 PM
Well he was currently out as he picked up a concussion whilst filming an advert...

Disco
26-02-2020, 04:18 PM
Do you think they might actually bring in coronavirus into the story?

Not really, they might make something of it being rescheduled or someone might mention that delay in a promo but the actual booking will be in place already.

Ian
26-02-2020, 06:29 PM
https://cdn3.whatculture.com/images/2020/02/3fedf5300f27f349-600x338.jpg

....oh it's his torso.

Pleb
26-02-2020, 11:54 PM
Fuck sake Vince :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-02-2020, 07:36 PM
I've just stuck it on (I thought it was yesterday) how shit has it been?

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-02-2020, 07:38 PM
This cage match is painfully bad.

Ian
27-02-2020, 08:01 PM
I won't be watching any of it anyway but I thought it was tomorrow so we'd have got there between us.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Bayley using Naomi's shirt to help her win was really smart.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-02-2020, 08:22 PM
GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG!

Is that the end of The Fiend then?

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-02-2020, 08:27 PM
"Do you think Goldberg will be at Smackdown tomorrow night?
He's got to, being a champion isn't a part time job

:lol:

Pleb
27-02-2020, 08:29 PM
So who is GoldBERG facing at Mania?

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-02-2020, 08:30 PM
A new MEGA FIEND.

Ian
27-02-2020, 08:48 PM
GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG!

Is that the end of The Fiend then?

If Goldberg has won then they've shat themselves so hard over doing more with him then even if they don't consider him to be done he might as well be.

No mitigating circumstances, a couple of finishers to down him at most I assume?

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-02-2020, 08:55 PM
If Goldberg has won then they've shat themselves so hard over doing more with him then even if they don't consider him to be done he might as well be.

No mitigating circumstances, a couple of finishers to down him at most I assume?

About 6 spears and an ugly jackhammer:

Ian
27-02-2020, 08:57 PM
WWE specialise in "what was the point?" booking but having the Fiend lose the belt this way might just top it given Goldberg is definitely, 100%, absolutely no doubt losing the belt at Mania.

Ah, and of course O'Shea lost in under two minutes.

Browning
28-02-2020, 12:51 AM
So The Fiend was booked exactly like Bray always was? No fucking surprises there. What a waste of time. He may as well have just stayed as Bray Wyatt but with a new hat.

Queenslander
28-02-2020, 12:53 AM
AEW Revolution is going to be great in comparison.

Shindig
28-02-2020, 08:59 AM
Man, I really like Goldberg but part-time Billy is bad to watch.

Ian
28-02-2020, 09:35 AM
So The Fiend was booked exactly like Bray always was? No fucking surprises there. What a waste of time. He may as well have just stayed as Bray Wyatt but with a new hat.

Well it was even/better worse because he wasn't until it actually mattered and then LOL PSYCHE!!!!

I do like the idea of gimmicks being entirely determined by the wrestlers' hats though. :D

Ian
28-02-2020, 09:37 AM
Oh and AJ Styles has been given possibly the worst gig of the night for Mania. Great.

EDIT: Actually that might be Reigns. Hmm.

SvN
28-02-2020, 12:36 PM
AJ is one of the few who might get a decent match out of Undertaker. I'm looking forward to it.

LOL at Goldberg and the worst Jackhammer of all time.

Ian
28-02-2020, 02:33 PM
The Undertaker was the worst Jackhammer, assuming we're counting it as that and not some sort of collapsing brainbuster.

AJ will probably get something out of Taker but I feel like his carry jobs tend to be guys that can at least move about a bit whereas Undertaker is fuuuucked. Hope I'm wrong because in theory it's about as good as match as you could book for Undertaker now that he so desperately needs to fuck off and retire forever.

SvN
28-02-2020, 02:35 PM
He looked decent at Extreme Rules, so I'm clinging onto the hope that he's got one good match left in him.

Ian
28-02-2020, 02:41 PM
I still don't get quite why everybody was so excited about that match / his performance at Extreme Rules. Yeah he looked fine in the same way that Shane did because Reigns and McIntyre were doing most of the leg work. And anything would have looked good after the Goldberg match.

The thing with a Styles match is more that his opponent is unlikely to need his assistance to do get off the ground for any moves so hopefully it'll work.

I still wish he'd just stopped after that Reigns match though.

SvN
28-02-2020, 02:56 PM
It was more the fact that he looked comfortably moving around for the first time in about 5 years. He's limped around the ring in every match since his Hell in a Cell with Brock in 2015.

Ian
28-02-2020, 03:02 PM
Well, I'm not really convinced but I guess I'll see how we go.

I still have basically zero interest in more Undertaker matches though.

If WWE insist on WCW's death knell booking then they could at least be fun and have all the mad excess that went with it.

Disco
28-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Styles should be working with younger guys at this stage in his career, letting them carry him and putting them over in the process not thrashing himself trying to make Spooky Mark look like he can do more than dress himself in the morning.

SvN
28-02-2020, 04:40 PM
Spooky Mark :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-02-2020, 05:41 PM
I'm not a fan of Spooky Mark's 20 minute long ring walks.

Browning
28-02-2020, 06:11 PM
The Goldberg seethe is so satisfying. The thing WWE is best at nowadays is providing internet entertainment via pissing off everyone who watches.

Ian
28-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I know internet seethers gonna seethe but I'm surprised at just how much vitriol there is for the result. I mean it was a solid idea (albeit about 20 years late for the level of campiness) but other than the last Bryan match they were already kinda fucking it up.

I'd just have rathered if they were gonna pull the trigger on his demise right now it'd have been to somebody..... y'know, not dreadful.

Still, they've just signed a megabucks deal with some Indian TV company so it'll be back on Jinder soon enough.

And add "Spooky Mark" to the thread lexicon along with Kur Tangle, Boatman, O'Shea and whatever else we have.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-02-2020, 07:46 PM
I don't like that O'Shea is starting to become more mainstream.

Ricochet even changed his Twitter display name the other week to Rick O'Shea and Larry Csonka used it in his review of the Blood Money.

Ian
28-02-2020, 07:53 PM
I saw that Csonka had done it.

I mean I didn't lift it from anywhere that I recall but it's a fairly obvious one.

Shindig
28-02-2020, 09:42 PM
I'd take a Taker vs AJ match if it ends in a botched Styles Clash. Followed by the gong and the lights going out.

Ian
28-02-2020, 10:04 PM
*Spooky Mark vs. AJ

Browning
29-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Call me old fashioned but for me it’s rarely a good idea to build up a match by having that exact match on a show and having it end in one move that’s not even a finisher. Fuck AJ vs Spooky Mark. The whole card is going to be shite isn’t it?

Gray Fox
29-02-2020, 11:11 AM
That they've full on 'Kofi'd' Wyatt into not even bothering with the rematch clause bollocks tells you exactly what you need to know about why Vince did it.

Problem is now we have on the face of it 2 very obvious looking title match finishes at Mania. One of Drew or Reigns is getting SWERVED on the night.

Ian
29-02-2020, 11:13 AM
Well the rematch clause isn't a thing now so they can fuck people off they don't like for being brown or having got over in a way that Vince didn't think of but still give us endless rematches when they want to by the dictat of the non-existent authority figures.

Call me old fashioned but for me it’s rarely a good idea to build up a match by having that exact match on a show and having it end in one move that’s not even a finisher. Fuck AJ vs Spooky Mark. The whole card is going to be shite isn’t it?

It is looking particularly bad this year.

phonics
29-02-2020, 02:33 PM
Saw something the other day that Summerslam is the new Wrestlemania while Wrestlemania is just shiny keys for infants.

Disco
29-02-2020, 03:11 PM
They're all the same (that's the problem) but Wrestlemania is longer and therefore worse.

Gray Fox
29-02-2020, 03:24 PM
You don't need a 4 hour card with a 2 hour pre-show on top of that.

So far I think we have Becky v Dracula, Reigns v Oldberg, Brock v Drew, Cena v Wyatt and AJ v Spooky Mark. Chuck in at least 1 more womens title match, 2 x tag title matches. A battle royal and whoever they drag up to lose to Trips.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Apparently Trips isn't going to wrestle.

Browning
29-02-2020, 03:46 PM
There will be 2 battle royals, 3 women’s title matches, probably a women’s tag title match (remember those?) and Edge Vs Keith on top of that.

Ian
29-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Women's tag titles? :lol:

Calm down, Dan.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-02-2020, 06:36 PM
The company have forgotten about them.