PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 16

The Merse
18-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Downloaded the trial after pre-ordering. 10 hours of FUT to play this weekend :D

Got Ings in my first pack. Starting with a relatively decent striker will be nice.

Mike
18-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Been playing on the web app.

Demerit
18-09-2015, 11:11 PM
Won't bother with this until next month I don't think. Haven't played the demo. Is the gameplay any different?

CJay
19-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Demo hasn't got me too excited, but the gameplay tends to change quite a bit between demo and final product.I'll be playing career mode as usual. Hopefully they've fixed some of the more annoying issues and glitches.

Raoul Duke
19-09-2015, 09:07 PM
I've found it much better. There are a bunch of new touches/moves which really help the game flow a load better (driven passes and crosses not being shit, mainly)

Bernanke
19-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Demo felt decent, but probably not enough for me to shell out £60 right now on it.

Cord
20-09-2015, 12:48 PM
There going to be much take up of this on PS4?

I think I bought the 2014 one hoping some proper TTH Fifa would occur and it never happened. I can only play these so much on single player, and playing randoms online is too much of a pain in the arse.

Raoul Duke
20-09-2015, 05:22 PM
I'll be on it on PS4

leedsrevolution
20-09-2015, 05:23 PM
As will I.

Bernanke
23-09-2015, 01:48 PM
I caved and ordered the deluxe version. :facepalm: PS4 here too.

AE
23-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Draft mode is :drool:

Was in the final of it last night. Guy scored from his two shots early in the game, couldn't get back one :(

Edit: I've got a ps5.

7om
23-09-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm regretting PES and want to get back on FIFA. I think I've wasted my money :(

Shindig
23-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Why? I think it's good.

CJay
23-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Played some more demo games today in anticipation of buying the game tomorrow. Lots of 1-1 draws. I can't seem to get my strikers to score, only shots from the edge of the box with my midfielders. I think I'm going to need to mess with the sliders at the bit, at default world class my players feel too slow and not sharp enough in possession. The opposition hold onto the ball so much, I can see a long first season in career mode.

Raoul Duke
24-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Tesco should be delivering this today, but I can't play it until Saturday as I'm out both evenings :moop:

7om
24-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Why? I think it's good.

Maybe I'm just too used to FIFA or I got a bit carried away reading all these reviews that say it's amazing, I'm not sure.

Basically I just don't see how this is so vastly different from FIFA which has been getting average to good reviews for years now. The on-field play feels very similar to me, especially when playing on Superstar against the AI. If it wasn't for the non-licensed kits I really would think it's FIFA. Graphics are generally not a big thing for me, but even they look inferior to FIFA as well.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 04:32 PM
I'll more than likely be picking it up this year, although I'll probably hold off for a couple of weeks.

igor_balis
24-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Still have no idea how all you mentals can play more than about 3 games against the computer without getting bored.

CJay
24-09-2015, 05:43 PM
I don't understand why so many people play Ultimate Team or online seasons. They're both totally uninteresting to me. I didn't play online once in Fifa 15.

Career Mode is basically FM without any of the hard work / details and you get to actually control the matches. Sounds good to me.

7om
24-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Got to agree with Igor. Playing against the tragic AI is just too much for me. The lower end difficulties are all crap and the higher end ones are just impossible. I actually wanted to murder after trying to play career mode on the highest difficulty.

CJay
24-09-2015, 10:50 PM
4 matches so far tonight.

Lost 1-0 to Everton
Lost 2-0 to Tottenham
Lost 1-0 to Bournemouth
Won 2-0 against Accrington Stanley

World class is really difficult. :moop: I can't seem to create any chances. The passing feels weird. Defending seems alright, but the AI is very clinical. Need to fiddle with the sliders a bit before starting my career.

Yevrah
24-09-2015, 11:19 PM
I might finally be free of this shit, I have no designs on buying it whatsoever.

SvN
25-09-2015, 12:02 AM
I might finally be free of this shit, I have no designs on buying it whatsoever.

I stopped playing around January last year, which was by far the earliest I've given up with it. I might get it, but it has the tenancy to turn me into a violent maniac at times.

wullie
25-09-2015, 07:36 AM
I traded in 15 as soon as I was done on the RLLMUK league as the game annoyed me too much. I'm getting this one as a present so I can't grumble too much, but it sounds like they've taken steps to move it away from a game where you can just spam it with Bale and Ronaldo.

Dquincy
25-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Apparently, with the previous version, Fifa sold close to a million copies on the opening day release in comparison to 25k for PES.

Didn't appreciate the gulf in popularity between the two games. That gap is also said to be wider this year.

Shindig
25-09-2015, 01:01 PM
My new favourite thing is to watch Ultimate Team streams where the host is losing. "How's he doing this!? He's not even got any rares!"

Top drawer seethe.

7om
25-09-2015, 01:07 PM
It's a great feeling when you don an idiot with all rares with my all silver Birmingham side.

Shindig
25-09-2015, 01:11 PM
He also made a big deal about signing Benteke over Lukaku and then sold Benteke immediately after a 4-1 loss. Because, for some reason, it was his fault. Bought Lukaku only for the same thing to happen.

Andy
25-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Haven't played for a couple of years. Looking forward to getting into FUT again

igor_balis
25-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Anyone playing on xbox one? xx

Mike
25-09-2015, 09:12 PM
I've made over 11,000 coin playing on the website for FUT. Might buy a pack.

Dquincy
27-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Why have they moved the finesse button for passing? :moop: I keep drilling my passes now.

Samadini
27-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Anybody bought this on PC?

Samadini
27-09-2015, 01:40 PM
How the fuck do you score a goal on this? :(

igor_balis
28-09-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm finding I'm able to actually win games against mates who would always dick me on the older versions, usually via scrappy set pieces. So personally I'm loving the changes.

Raoul Duke
28-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Started a career mode with Milan.

Been bringing through a load of ace youngsters and flogging of the old crap. Unfortunately the two strikers they bought this summer can't be shifted until Jan. at earliest. Max Meyer, Tielemans and some guy called Embolo have been ace.

Training is ok (nice being able to focus on specific skills) but I'm never going to bother playing loads of the shit mini-games every week.

wullie
28-09-2015, 09:29 PM
I don't know if it's because I've been hammering PES, but first impressions of this aren't good. It feels like it's just having a best guess at what you want it to actually do.

Raoul Duke
28-09-2015, 09:30 PM
It took a while to find the rhythm of it for me. Into the swing of it now though.

It's slower than 15 and requires you to play the way you're facing a lot more.

Luke Emia
28-09-2015, 09:47 PM
I bought the same three as you Raoul on my Liverpool game. All appear to be pretty good.

The Merse
28-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Draft is brilliant.

Raoul Duke
28-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I got a bunch of players off FUThead. All looking good.

I've actually made shitloads of signings. And brought El Shaaraway and Mastour back from loan.

Balotelli is pretty mint - you should consider bringing him back from his loan.

Bernanke
28-09-2015, 11:57 PM
What the fuck is wrong with the fitness for my Ultimate Team? I've always had this feeling, on previous games as well, that my teams always tire faster than the AI. Decided to focus on it for a game. First game of an offline season, all players at 99 fitness from the start. Facing fucking Luton with my gold Argies. I keep a lot of possession, pass the ball and avoid too many through balls to limit sprints, and never use the sprint button.

70 minutes into the game my players are down to 40-50% fitness while my opponents sit happily at 70-80%. :moop:

igor_balis
29-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Stamina and contracts make ultimate team a fucking slog at times. I still enjoy it though.

Gone for a Turkish League side again this year, though that might be an error with Emenike gone. Adin, probably my favourite player last year, is totally fucked as well - he's rated 71 or something.

CJay
29-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Raoul Duke - you know you can load previous sessions for training? So you can just train the same 5 drills and players over and over again. And you can simulate them, if you didn't realise that. I can see this being quite useful when you have a youth player who's crap at something he should be good at. It's just a pity you can't train acceleration and pace.

I've had a decent start with Liverpool. Still trying to get the sliders right at world class so that I feel like I can play well, but the opposition can as well. Difficult to get the balance right. I shipped 4 goals in 22 minutes (which, in Fifa time, basically works out as them winning the ball back straightaway and scoring each time) to Bordeaux in my first Europa League match last night, then went on a 5 game clean sheet streak. :D

Raoul Duke
29-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I know - but I've got a lot of players who are potentially decent and need training. I rotate through the D/M/F positions every week.

I automate it most of the time but occasionally dip in. I just don't see why EA thought anyone would want to do it every week :cab:

CJay
29-09-2015, 09:29 PM
At the minute I'm just training Ings and Henderson. It's November now and Ings is +2 and Henderson +1. I'll train a different two or three after Christmas probably. What formation are you using? I've gone with a midfield diamond so far - creates plenty of decent chances for my midfielders, but my strikers seem to struggle with getting into good positions.

The soundtrack is the best thing about the game so far, mainly because there are fewer tracks which have really obnoxious openings.

Bernanke
29-09-2015, 09:47 PM
I've muted the game and run Spotify on my PS4. :drool:

Raoul Duke
29-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Surely there are others worth training there? Ibe, Gomez etc.

I play 4-3-3 with an AMC with Milan. El Shaarawy - Embolo - Niang up front :drool:

CJay
29-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Aye, but I want those two to improve first and putting them on more drills means faster improvement. I'll train Ibe after Christmas. Gomez's overall seems to low to bother with to me.

Spammer
30-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Still on FIFA 13 :cool:. Rumour has it the servers are getting shut down soon to force people to upgrade so might get the new one. Or just FIFA 14 for £1.

Alex
30-09-2015, 03:37 PM
It's taking me a while to get into this. And by "into" this I mean "get good at". Well, not good even. Just competitive really.

I've sacked off my Premier League based FUT team, half in a fit of rage and half down to them being a a complete set of fucking talentless cunts (OK, so maybe completely in a fit of rage) in favour of a Serie A team. I think I can build something better. You seem to be able to get more for less, their prices don't seem as over-inflated as Premier League players do. Obviously anybody legitimately world class still costs a silly amount of coins, but your high 70s/low 80s lot seem way more affordable.

Pace definitely doesn't seem to be the huge deal that it was last time around. So I'm trying to develop a bit of a passing team that can go through the middle instead. This is also down to the fact I used to like to play down the wing and stick a big man in the box, but I'm having nowhere near as much joy crossing the ball this time around.

Defending is maybe a little bit better, but I'm still prone to fairly regular instances of the back four looking like they belong in a Benny Hill sketch. This is very possibly just because I'm shit though.

Samadini
30-09-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm coming to this from FIFA 12 and I'm absolutely shit. Can't defend and no idea how to dribble and not particularly good at shooting.

Won my first game online 2-0.

wot

Samadini
30-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Think it's a case of everyone I play being as shit, or worse than me, but every game I've played so far has been boring as fuck. Just played out two 0-0s and quit the game.

Bernanke
01-10-2015, 08:46 PM
I can't defend for shit online. I'm 0-0-5 in division 10. They just do their shitty little dribbles and either I'm R2-ing and am therefore 10 feet away, or I'm not and they're past me. I try to do the L2-jocket but it really isn't working for me.

John
01-10-2015, 09:00 PM
It's close to unplayable in its current form. I've always preferred technically gifted players over physical ones and a passing game over route one, find the Remy wankball, so theoretically this game should be perfect for me. They've managed to balls up just about every facet of the game in some way though, so it's just a mess.

Waffdon
01-10-2015, 09:14 PM
The passing is horrific. Skills are so ineffective as well. ffs

Samadini
01-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Pretty much how I feel about it and why I bought the game, really thought it was geared towards my style of play, but it just plays shit.

Loaded it up after work today and couldn't be bothered actually playing a match.

Raoul Duke
01-10-2015, 09:52 PM
I've found it fine. Takes a bit of adjusting to, but I enjoy the general gameplay much more.

You need to get used to using driven passes vs. normal passes.

John
02-10-2015, 09:26 AM
I'm winning matches okay, scoring some lovely goals along the way, but that's down to spotting when it's about to shit itself and making adjustments. I've finished my last few games with a passing accuracy of 90%, which is unprecedented on Ultimate Team. I don't think it's shit because I'm shit at it or haven't adjusted, it's shit because it's shit.

It's too easy to nick the ball away from behind, the players are hilariously unresponsive when dribbling, they haven't nerfed pace to anywhere near the extent they have to for the new passing stuff to shine, players hoof the ball out of play far too violently if you attempt a pass they can't pull off, goalkeepers are all still Manuel Neuer in rocket boots, the defence pushes up at the most incongruous of times, and it's much too easy to give away penalties.

The little slide tackle recovery thing is lovely though, so if they can fix the rest without taking that away they might have a game on their hands.

John
06-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Two more issues, one of which concerns a specific claim made in the publicity.

Transfers have been tweaked to make the number of big players moving in each window, and the fees involved, more realistic. I started a career mode with Gladbach and Neuer went to Barcelona for thirty five million, which Bayern then spent on buying Gareth Bale. They didn't supplement that, they signed Bale for thirty five million. So much for that claim.

The 'training' thing is fucked, as is the interface between that and the 'squad report' screen which shows how your other players are developing. I'd trained Thorgan Hazard up to an 89 for vision, and an 87 short passing, but while the squad report showed the attributes correctly, it showed both of those as a one point increase, when the passing was a nine point increase, and I forget what his vision starts at but I suspect the increase would be the same. He then picked up an injury, and when I put him back into training afterwards his passing had dropped to 81, and the squad report screen was still showing it as a one point increase.

The game is fucking broken. Have they hired some of the FM team when I wasn't looking?

Raoul Duke
06-10-2015, 09:38 PM
The transfers are still nonsense. I'm not sure why they'd even bother claiming they're changed. Still just Numberwang bullshit.

I got Niang sold out from under me because he was 'unsettled' about the country he'd been living in for three years.

Training is totally haphazard as well.

CJay
06-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Career mode has been borked since 14, and will probably remain so. New additions are always superficial at best. Don't even get me started on the text colour for the news items. :sick: How can a designer implement that, look at it in testing and think 'yep, you did good'?

AI is ridiculous. I'm playing on world class, and I'm doing fine, but all my games are 1-0, 0-0. I can defend for days, but it doesn't matter how many chances I create I just can't score very many goals. Has anyone scored from a corner yet? It's near impossible, the goalkeeper just comes to claim it 90% of the time.

Danny
06-10-2015, 11:05 PM
I have but only by chipping it to the man on the edge and volleying it.

Benny
07-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Sounds like I should wait a while before buying it...

Benny
07-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Bought it anyway.

Installing now on the computer, will report back with the disappointment. Anyone on the PC play here? I do enjoy some pro-clubs.

Alex
07-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Career mode has been borked since 14, and will probably remain so. New additions are always superficial at best. Don't even get me started on the text colour for the news items. :sick: How can a designer implement that, look at it in testing and think 'yep, you did good'?

AI is ridiculous. I'm playing on world class, and I'm doing fine, but all my games are 1-0, 0-0. I can defend for days, but it doesn't matter how many chances I create I just can't score very many goals. Has anyone scored from a corner yet? It's near impossible, the goalkeeper just comes to claim it 90% of the time.

Nope. I've abandoned crossing altogether in fact. I swapped the formation out on Ultimate Team to remove wingers from the equation completely, because it was just proving to be a massive waste of time.

I am steadily getting better though, after a pretty bleak run of seemingly not being to to win anything. The dizzying heights of division 7 are up next. :D

Pepe
07-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Bought it anyway.

Installing now on the computer, will report back with the disappointment. Anyone on the PC play here? I do enjoy some pro-clubs.

I did a few years ago but no one seemed interested back in the day. I've decided FIFA is shit and not worth the money since.

Yevrah
07-10-2015, 08:39 PM
It is a dreadful franchise.

Samadini
07-10-2015, 08:51 PM
I bought it on PC Benny.

Bought it about a week ago and have played it twice. Not even been close to playing it again. Will probably give it more of a bash when I move, but I can't say I particularly like the game so far.

Waffdon
07-10-2015, 08:59 PM
I've scored a few corners through pressing the finesse button whilst crossing.

Its fucking awful though. I can't take it seriously when the passing can go from one extreme to the other whilst doing the exact same power - it'll just smash out of play or have no power whatsoever. Finishing is fairly easy, but creating chances, online anyway, is fucking tough. Skills are rendered useless as is dribbling your way past folk

edit: and its not the standard of player, because I was playing with Messi, IF Ronaldo and Hazard to name a few, on that draft thing

Benny
07-10-2015, 09:06 PM
I bought it on PC Benny.

Bought it about a week ago and have played it twice. Not even been close to playing it again. Will probably give it more of a bash when I move, but I can't say I particularly like the game so far.

If you fancy pro clubs, give me a shout, or co-op online seasons :thbup:

John
07-10-2015, 09:38 PM
There was a 300mb update for PS4 tonight which seems to have solved most of the gameplay issues.

Raoul Duke
07-10-2015, 10:35 PM
I find you need to aim corners miles away from the keeper to get any chance at connecting with them

Samadini
08-10-2015, 06:46 AM
If you fancy pro clubs, give me a shout, or co-op online seasons :thbup:

I'm up for that. Will have time this weekend.

Agreed on corners, just whip them miles away from the keeper.

Benny
08-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Sweet, I'll give you a shout when I'm about but should be around at some point for some.

My first impressions:

Seems slower than I remember, defending is a bit of a nightmare but I haven't really played enough to learn how to do it. I started a Be A Pro career game, playing as myself at Leyton Orient (No.10). The game expectations are a bit mental though, in my first league game I was expected to score three goals and have a 9.1 rating, how is that realistic?

Lost my first online game, had 19 shots to his 7 and he scored two, I just could not find the back of the net whatsoever. Was seething after that, the guy was shit but I just couldn't score. Pace is nerfed, that's for certain, but not in a good way. I was putting players through who should be miles quicker but the opposition defenders managed to catch up everytime.

John
08-10-2015, 10:04 PM
For anyone doing a career mode, buy Jesus Vellejo. I've had him a season, he's twenty, and he has ninety plus for all the important defensive stats.

There's a young defender called St Juste who seems excellent aswell, with eighty five pace after six months out on loan.

John
08-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Sweet, I'll give you a shout when I'm about but should be around at some point for some.

My first impressions:

Seems slower than I remember, defending is a bit of a nightmare but I haven't really played enough to learn how to do it. I started a Be A Pro career game, playing as myself at Leyton Orient (No.10). The game expectations are a bit mental though, in my first league game I was expected to score three goals and have a 9.1 rating, how is that realistic?

Lost my first online game, had 19 shots to his 7 and he scored two, I just could not find the back of the net whatsoever. Was seething after that, the guy was shit but I just couldn't score. Pace is nerfed, that's for certain, but not in a good way. I was putting players through who should be miles quicker but the opposition defenders managed to catch up everytime.

If you have clear space to run into just knock the ball ahead and you should streak cleak. The combined effect of a defender hanging on and the pace decrease from dribbling are to blame there.

You can still whizz away from a defence, you just have to make the effort to actually build a move that opens the space rather getting in behind with aimless hoofs over the top.

leedsrevolution
09-10-2015, 05:59 PM
I found the game tricky at first but now I'm winning most games, sailed into division 5 for UT. To get a decent cross in you just need to do it a lot earlier than in previous versions, finesse crosses are okay and special (L2 for PS4) headers seem to also be effective. I've only had 1 person score from kick off against me which is nice.

I still find passing and keeping possession tricky but scoring goals seems fine.

John
10-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Passing is a piece of piss with the update, as long as you're not trying elaborate hooked through balls with your crunchy defensive midfielder. Play your passes somewhere in about a 150 degree cone in the direction your player is facing and as long as they're not hopeless they should find their mark more often than not.

The expanded player value brackets meant I could do a bit of trading and build up some coins so I have a fairly good side considering how long the game has been out.

GK - Yann Sommer
DR - Daniel Opare
DL - Riccardo Rodriguez
DC - Kyriakos Papadopoulos
DC - Sebastian Langkamp
DMC - Luiz Gustavo
MR - Henrikh Mkhitaryan
ML - Andre Schurrle
AMC - Hakan Calhanoglu
ST - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
ST - Thomas Muller

Rodriguez firing crosses from deep into the back post for Muller is a great goal generator.

The centre of defence is a bit weak but I have 90k at the moment an I'm saving for the 120k Boateng. Once he's in I'll go for Hummels and the long road to Lewandowski begins.

What teams are you all using?

leedsrevolution
11-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Passing is a piece of piss with the update, as long as you're not trying elaborate hooked through balls with your crunchy defensive midfielder. Play your passes somewhere in about a 150 degree cone in the direction your player is facing and as long as they're not hopeless they should find their mark more often than not.

The expanded player value brackets meant I could do a bit of trading and build up some coins so I have a fairly good side considering how long the game has been out.

GK - Yann Sommer
DR - Daniel Opare
DL - Riccardo Rodriguez
DC - Kyriakos Papadopoulos
DC - Sebastian Langkamp
DMC - Luiz Gustavo
MR - Henrikh Mkhitaryan
ML - Andre Schurrle
AMC - Hakan Calhanoglu
ST - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
ST - Thomas Muller

Rodriguez firing crosses from deep into the back post for Muller is a great goal generator.

The centre of defence is a bit weak but I have 90k at the moment an I'm saving for the 120k Boateng. Once he's in I'll go for Hummels and the long road to Lewandowski begins.

What teams are you all using?

I also have a German team. Invested £50 packs but got some decent people so I'm not going to have to put any more money in.

GK - Yann Sommer

RB - Piszczek
CB - Subotic
CB - Benatia
LB - Bernat

CM - Kroos
CM - Lahm
CM - Thiago

AMC - Gotze
ST - Muller
ST - Aubameyang

I'm finding the game easier and easier the more I'm playing. People still trying to score from kick off (:face:) and constant hoof ball instead of a patient passing play. Ultimately, just people not adapting from 15.

Gotze is an absolute machine (even though he's usually dead after 60 minutes) and so is Muller. Bernat at LB is probably my favourite signing cost about 900 coins and been incredibly good.

John
11-10-2015, 12:46 PM
I also have a German team. Invested £50 packs but got some decent people so I'm not going to have to put any more money in.

GK - Yann Sommer

RB - Piszczek
CB - Subotic
CB - Benatia
LB - Bernat

CM - Kroos
CM - Lahm
CM - Thiago

AMC - Gotze
ST - Muller
ST - Aubameyang

I'm finding the game easier and easier the more I'm playing. People still trying to score from kick off (:face:) and constant hoof ball instead of a patient passing play. Ultimately, just people not adapting from 15.

Gotze is an absolute machine (even though he's usually dead after 60 minutes) and so is Muller. Bernat at LB is probably my favourite signing cost about 900 coins and been incredibly good.

Yeah I've noticed somone trying, or expecting you to try an old 15 trick in just about every game I've played. I just whip the ball out to Mkhitaryan every time from kick off, because everyone still seems to expect an immediate run from the striker so he always has about thirty yards to run into. They'll try to run from kick off, lump it over the defence when you have a covering defender, try to whizz past you in possession with Remy, or shot feint their way through an entire defence. And the best thing is they don't seem to learn over the course of the game, presumably thinking you're just good at defending it and will lapse at some point.

I can't recommend Calhanoglu enough. His dribbling is good enough to get by, his passing his spot on, his long shots are absolutely perfect, and his free kicks are joyous. I've spanked them in from forty yards plus with him. Working from memory, he has 95 FK Accuracy, 93 shot power, and 87 curve, so there are few places in the opposition half where a free kick isn't a penalty once you're used to him. Generally a 78 rated nobody in such an important position would be the first player I upgraded, but I think he's here to stay for as long as I have this team.

I had Benatia briefly but he didn't seem up to much and certainly not worth the 19k I think he cost. Langkamp has actually been better for me. Obviously not as good on the ball so I pop it out wide or in to Gustavo the minute it comes to him, but defensively he's a rock.

Alex
11-10-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm still with the Serie A/Italian team.

GK - Mattia Perin

LB - Faouzi Ghoulam
CB - Miranda
CB - Kostas Manolas
RB - Ignazio Abate

CDM - Sami Khedira
CM - Borja Valero
CM - Riccardo Montolivo
CAM - Francesco Totti

ST - Carlos Bacca
ST - Jose Callejon

Bacca is definitely the best signing I've made. Very consistent goalscorer. He doesn't really have a steady strike partner though, I'm always changing it. Callejon is getting a run at the minute, converted him from CAM to play up top instead. He's just quick, basically. Higuain would be the obvious man to go for, but I'm not sure I want to splash out about 30k coins on him.

I was playing Pirlo in the middle for a long time but I've just recently dropped him. His passing stat is (I believe) the highest in the game, but the lack of pace and physicality meant you just couldn't get him any space to operate, so he's out.

John
11-10-2015, 01:29 PM
I was pissing around on the draft the other night and got both IF Bacca and IF Insigne. Insigne is outrageously good, so if you switch to the standard 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-3-3, perhaps your best bet if you can only find one consistent striker, he's your man.

Trancemeister
11-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Kept getting a bunch spanish players in my packs so I have an all spanish team.

GK Adrian
RB Coke
CB Marcano
CB Galves
LB Bernat
MR Susaeta
MC Illaramendi
MC Roberto
ML Jurado
ST Llorente
ST Aspas

Nothing fancy, best player I've got from a pack is Parolo 81.
Total noob on FUT as this is the first time I'm playing it.

Alex
11-10-2015, 11:12 PM
I was pissing around on the draft the other night and got both IF Bacca and IF Insigne. Insigne is outrageously good, so if you switch to the standard 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-3-3, perhaps your best bet if you can only find one consistent striker, he's your man.

Aye, not a bad shout. I might need to tinker around with the formation a bit soon. I do find I struggle to create chances without two up front though. Callejon has remained the preferred striker partner for the time being. I've had Balotelli since the beginning almost, but I struggle to get anything out of him.

Anyway, I've just made it to Division 6 and bought Higuain as a promotion present to myself, so we'll see how that goes. :D

I also picked up Nainggolan. He set us back about 22k coins but he is a bit of a monster, and he's helped massively in getting out of Division 7.

John
11-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Nainggolan does look absolutely shit hot. He's basically taken Vidal's place in that league.

igor_balis
11-10-2015, 11:18 PM
I'm finding my Turkish team no worse than last year - Emenike is gone, but Yilmaz is a bit of a beast. He's quick, strong, tall and a good finisher. For some reason I always assumed he was a bit short, else I'd have used him last year. Idiot.

Sneijder is obviously still amazing.

I'm finding that draft thing a bit compulsive, done it a good 5 times or so...EA make their money from mugs like me. Still, I've got a good 70k saved now, due to the cheapness of Turkish league players. So tempting to spunk it, but I'm going to try to just hoard the coins until I can afford a legend or something. With the exception of getting the Turkish league TOW players.

The Merse
12-10-2015, 01:49 AM
I've won a couple of Online drafts now and had the likes of Matic and Pedro in the rewarded packs, but I've sold both in the continued search for an IF. It's not happening, but I'd have loved this weeks Hero/purple IF Aguero.

Samadini
12-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Update has made this far more playable.

Bernanke
12-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Just did my first paid for online draft. Went 3-5-2 and got a pretty nice team together:

Begovic
Three randoms
Bale - Gonalons - IF Payet - Schneiderlin - IF Alexis
Benzema - Martinez

Watch me crash and burn in the first round now.

Yevrah
12-10-2015, 09:40 PM
How does a 'paid for' draft work?

John
12-10-2015, 10:04 PM
How does a 'paid for' draft work?

You either spend a couple of quid or fifteen thousand in-game coins to enter. You're then offered a choice of formations, then a choice of one of five 'top' players to be your captain. Once that's done the game goes through each position, offering you a choice of one of five players for each position. You might get Messi, you might get Donald Dickhead. You then enter your team against other people's teams, chosen the same way, in a four game knockout tournament. Go out in the first round and you get a pack or two. Win the thing and you get prizes worth far more than you paid to enter.

It's essentially EA devising a new way of fleecing people.

Not nearly as cunning as what Sony have been up to, though, in adding the ability to put money into your PSN wallet by sending a text, thus adding the ten or twenty quid to your phone bill for that month. Someone will be getting hit with a three grand phone bill before long thanks to that one.

Alex
12-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Anyone else find they give away infuriatingly soft penalties on this? I'm becoming pretty reluctant to apply any sort of defensive pressure in the box.

John
12-10-2015, 10:14 PM
I think penalty decisions are the best they've been in about three years, at least since the update was applied. Initially it was exactly the same as last year, press tackle in any position other than directly in front of an onrushing player with the ball a yard in front of them and you're giving away a penalty. Get the ball then the player? Penalty. Get the ball and have the player trip over your prone player once it's ten yards away? Penalty. Since the update I've given away one penalty, and it was a stonewaller.

The Merse
12-10-2015, 11:14 PM
The only frustration I have is how easily attacker regain the ball after losing it. Agility goes out of the window and often you're left in a worse place when winning the ball in the final third.

Otherwise, really enjoying it.

Benny
13-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Found some bloke on Reddit to play PC Pro Clubs with, played about 15 games back to back last night with him, great fun so far and there's far less nobs on the PC version than consoles, unsurprisingly.

Samadini
13-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Cheers for the invite. :(

Benny
13-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Join mate, you should see the club I'm in on the pro club menus, you don't need a password or anything.

John
13-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Jerome Boateng is a fucking wall.

leedsrevolution
14-10-2015, 12:29 PM
How much did he cost you? I got Hummels whose been a decent addition. TOTW Kagawa is a nice player as well.

Sailing into division 4 currently.

John
14-10-2015, 01:20 PM
115k, which was the cheapest available.

I'm torn on whether to get Hummels or Sokratis next. Both look excellent, but Hummels' high attacking work rate might swing it against him.

John
14-10-2015, 02:28 PM
All plans to buy anyone else have been suspended with the news that there'll be an IF Calhanoglu tonight. :drool:

igor_balis
14-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Oof. I'd have considered fitting him into my Turkish league side John, but with Sneijder there's probably not much point.

Samadini
14-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Started some Pro Clubs tonight, our 'keeper was a wanker sadly.

Face in the game though :thbup:

http://i.imgur.com/U4vqC9w.png

Benny
14-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Creepy.

John
14-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Oof. I'd have considered fitting him into my Turkish league side John, but with Sneijder there's probably not much point.

I've sold Boateng to bring him in. Boateng was a hero, but having one centre back worth the same as the rest of the side combined didn't seem like as good a use of coins as IF Calhanoglu and Philip Lahm as a replacement for Luiz Gustavo. I managed to get Sokratis with the leftover coins so while I've lost the best defender in the game, the side as a whole is looking better for it.

leedsrevolution
15-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Lahm is irreplaceable for me. Nothing stand out but seems to be always on the ball. Sounds like you made some decent signings.

Alex
15-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Goodbye Division 6.......

.......hello Division 7 again. :(

It all started so well. First three games I thumped a guy four-nil, followed by a couple of draws that we really should have won. We then embarked on a fucking six game exercise in complete incompetence that resulted in just ONE further point. Disappointing times gentlemen.

igor_balis
15-10-2015, 06:38 PM
I needed 4 points from 4 games to get promoted to div 4 then i played a couple of games a bit pissed, and one a bit hungover and lost all of them. Idiot.

Alex
15-10-2015, 07:01 PM
:D

I've fallen foul of playing it pissed on a few occasions. Never a good idea.

John
15-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Myself and a mate often play Ultimate Team together with a few beers, and there's a sweet spot between about four and seven beers where we tend to win every game about 5-0 in ridiculous style. Before that it's normal play and 2-1 results either way, after that it quickly goes to shit.

Samadini
15-10-2015, 07:13 PM
There really is something to be said about FIFA ability after having a few.

Luca and I had drank a few and probably smoked a bit too and played a game so beautiful I doubt either of us will ever forget it.

After dicking around with the stock Bronze players I've got my first proper side, gone for the cheap as chips Serie A team. De Jong is fucking amazing, seems to want to be both my CDM and CAM in a 4-3-3 and just seems to pop up everywhere winning tackles against opposition players at the top of the pitch. Nutcase.

Benny
15-10-2015, 07:14 PM
The memory of Christmas Eve beers and FIFA brings a tear to an eye this day.

John
15-10-2015, 07:17 PM

Luca and I had drank a few and probably smoked a bit too and played a game so beautiful I doubt either of us will ever forget it.

After dicking around with the stock Bronze players I've got my first proper side, gone for the cheap as chips Serie A team. De Jong is fucking amazing, seems to want to be both my CDM and CAM in a 4-3-3 and just seems to pop up everywhere winning tackles against opposition players at the top of the pitch. Nutcase.

Gary Medel is amazing for that system. I think he has 88 physical, so he just bulldozes around the pitch smashing everything in sight.

Alex
15-10-2015, 08:05 PM
I've been wanting to switch it around at CDM a bit in my Serie A team, so I might give both of those lads a shot. I've got Khedira as the obvious first choice at the minute but, for whatever reason, I get almost nothing out of him. I keep giving him games but it's just not clicking.

Valdifiori, who cost about 400 coins and who I've had since day one, always seems to massively outperform him when I play him instead.

John
15-10-2015, 09:24 PM
Seriously considering doing a cheap little Saudi/ALJ league side just so I can use that new IF striker Al Sahlawi. 84 positioning, 88 finishing, 84 heading, 95 jumping. He'd be delightful at the point of a 4-3-3.

Benny
16-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Had a quick drop in game of Pro Clubs with some randoms, managed to nab the striker spot and scored two late goals to win the game 2-1, what a feeling :drool:

Luca
16-10-2015, 08:36 AM

Samadini and I together, while both being average FIFA players relative to the very best, would have won a global tournament on that night's form.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 11:27 AM
What the fuck is up with the soft penalties on this? I'm giving them away without even pressing the tackle button.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I don't have a fucking clue what draft is, but I had a token, so I've used it. Should I be excited by this, or will everyone get that?

http://i.imgur.com/3B4X17o.jpg

Samadini
18-10-2015, 01:33 PM
I've ended up with that, seems weird to leave Neymar on the bench.

http://i.imgur.com/ptYiUe8.jpg

Samadini
18-10-2015, 01:38 PM
I've just read up on it and found I had the option to do this single player and coast my way to rewards, instead of losing online.

Buggernuts.

John
18-10-2015, 01:39 PM
You get to use that side for four games maximum, so there's little point in getting excited about it. If you win all four games you'll get some tasty prizes though, so it's still nice to get a top side.

Baz
18-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Why's Ronaldo not got a picture?

igor_balis
18-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Also the rewards offline are a bit shit I think.

John
18-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Lahm is out. Too weak to shine as a defensive midfielder, and I quickly realised that Vidal was about the same price.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Lost the draft in the first round.

The guy I was up against was pretty good, but he equalized in the 86th minute, then I hit the woodwork 4 times in extra time and then lost on penalties, without having a clue how to take them properly, or indeed save them, as I went the right way almost every time.

There a no words to describe the seethe as I received Akinfeev on loan for 7 games as a reward.

igor_balis
19-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Just got the premium players pack like an absolute mug, 12 rare gold players. Got fucking Jimmy Rodriguez didn't I. :cool:

leedsrevolution
19-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Just got the premium players pack like an absolute mug, 12 rare gold players. Got fucking Jimmy Rodriguez didn't I. :cool:

How much is he worth?

igor_balis
19-10-2015, 07:08 PM
about 60-70k actually so not amazing

Alex
19-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Another Monday, another sum total of fuck all worthwhile in the two packs the super-deluxe-special-edition (or whatever) version gets me on a weekly basis.

I have amassed about 100k coins though. I'm stuck in two minds between blowing half of it on Chiellini at the back (and maybe the rest on Buffon in net) or holding out and saving up for Pogba, who is going to set me back 200k easily.

Alex
19-10-2015, 09:18 PM
I also recently started using the "switch to receiver" option for corners. Fuck knows why I wasn't doing that before. I scored more goals from corners in the first few hours using it than I had in the previous however many weeks of gameplay.

igor_balis
19-10-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm up to 220k now, but I'm saving for a legend. Might get Sol Campbell, if only to fuck with my spurs supporting mate when I play him.

John
20-10-2015, 11:52 AM
That Legends bollocks would probably put me off if I had an XBox. It's just another twenty or so players to put in the Messaldo box of toys that you'll never get to play with but those with enough time to spend trading all day for miniscule profits per trade or credit cards with 'Platinum in the name will use to savage your arse.

You're just about saved on the PS by the fact that anyone with Ronaldo in their team and any regard for chemistry needs to have either the rubbish Benzema or the very managable Suarez in their side. Messi can end up alongside Aguero, which is a problem, but it's not impossible to deal with.

Fuck coming up against some twat with Pele, George Best, and peak Robert Pires all dancing around on full chemistry.

leedsrevolution
20-10-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm extremely happy PS doesn't have legends. It would fucking infuriate me.

igor_balis
20-10-2015, 04:14 PM
That Legends bollocks would probably put me off if I had an XBox. It's just another twenty or so players to put in the Messaldo box of toys that you'll never get to play with but those with enough time to spend trading all day for miniscule profits per trade or credit cards with 'Platinum in the name will use to savage your arse.

You're just about saved on the PS by the fact that anyone with Ronaldo in their team and any regard for chemistry needs to have either the rubbish Benzema or the very managable Suarez in their side. Messi can end up alongside Aguero, which is a problem, but it's not impossible to deal with.

Fuck coming up against some twat with Pele, George Best, and peak Robert Pires all dancing around on full chemistry.

I'm extremely happy PS doesn't have legends. It would fucking infuriate me.

I dunno, there's loads of pretty affordable legends, e.g. 200-500k ish. I can't see why me getting De Boer, who I could afford right now, would be inherently more annoying than getting a comparably priced non-legend player.

The number of twats with Pele, Best etc will be scarce enough to not be an issue either.

Nope, don't really understand the objection at all, but that's just me.

John
20-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I don't object to it, I just think sticking a load of players who for the purposes of the game might aswell be fictional into the running kills it a bit. I think I've played about sixty or so games online so far this year and can immediately think of three times I've come up against Messi or Ronaldo. That's five percent of the time. Multiply the number of game breaking super players by six and you're playing against one of them every five games.

I'm sure it doesn't actually work that way, with superteams being matched against eachother rather than your little Turkish team or my Huntelaar fueled Bundesliga enterprise, but it's still an extra load of players I'll never use and who don't exist as players now being thrown into a game full of players they're obviously better than.

The game as it stands has four players rated ninety or above. Include the legends and that's eighteen, fourteen of whom do not play football.

igor_balis
20-10-2015, 04:43 PM
I don't object to it, I just think sticking a load of players who for the purposes of the game might aswell be fictional into the running kills it a bit. I think I've played about sixty or so games online so far this year and can immediately think of three times I've come up against Messi or Ronaldo. That's five percent of the time. Multiply the number of game breaking super players by six and you're playing against one of them every five games.

I'm sure it doesn't actually work that way, with superteams being matched against eachother rather than your little Turkish team or my Huntelaar fueled Bundesliga enterprise, but it's still an extra load of players I'll never use and who don't exist as players now being thrown into a game full of players they're obviously better than.

The game as it stands has four players rated ninety or above. Include the legends and that's eighteen, fourteen of whom do not play football.

I see where you're coming from, for sure. I guess it depends how 'realistic' you want ultimate team to be. Personally, I'm not that fussed.

The bold bit is a bit of a stretch though, having x times more insanely expensive players doesn't mean you'll play against people with them x times more often.

John
20-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Which I made reference to myself in the following line.

igor_balis
20-10-2015, 04:57 PM
No, I don't mean because of the matchmaking - I just doubt that there will be 5 times more teams with super-players in general, due to the insanely low chance of them being in packs etc.

John
20-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Not what you said, but fair enough.

Are they significantly more rare than Ronaldo/Messi? If not, why wouldn't their existence boost the number of people getting packs with superplayers in them?

igor_balis
20-10-2015, 05:18 PM

Are they significantly more rare than Ronaldo/Messi? If not, why wouldn't their existence boost the number of people getting packs with superplayers in them?

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't very clear.

Just looked on the transfer market, admittedly not the most scientific method, and there were about 40 messis, 40 ronaldos, 50 suarezes, 60 neymars, 10 van bastens, 7 nistlerooys, 7 stoichkovs, 6 bests and no peles at all, which would suggest they are quite a lot rarer. So yeah, i reckon the number of game-breakingly good players on xbox will be higher than ps, but not enough to guarantee controllers through screens. About 50% more would be my guess. A lot of the legends aren't that great anyway.

Personally, I've only played a handful of high rated normal players, and no legends (except for ones who were clearly the ones you get on loan for a couple of games if you bought the game from certain places, as they were in div 10 when I just started).

leedsrevolution
20-10-2015, 05:27 PM
I think infuriating was probably a bit strong on my part to be fair. I'm suprised you didn't like Lahm john he's done brilliantly for my midfield three. What's your thoughts on Vidal so far? I'm tempted to replace Thiago with him.

Reg
20-10-2015, 07:15 PM
What's the play like on Seasons this year? Are there any annoying exploits like the chip through balls?

Alex
20-10-2015, 07:28 PM

I'm not sure on the exact rarity of them (the legends) but I must have played 100 games by now and I can only remember coming up against one guy using a legend card.

It was Shevchenko, and he absolutely pummelled me with him. :moop:

John
20-10-2015, 09:53 PM
I think infuriating was probably a bit strong on my part to be fair. I'm suprised you didn't like Lahm john he's done brilliantly for my midfield three. What's your thoughts on Vidal so far? I'm tempted to replace Thiago with him.

I haven't played it again since buying him, but I used him on loan in the beginning and he was shit hot, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to get used to having that dynamism again after playing with Luiz Gustavo for so long.

I'm not sure on the exact rarity of them (the legends) but I must have played 100 games by now and I can only remember coming up against one guy using a legend card.

It was Shevchenko, and he absolutely pummelled me with him. :moop:

Presumably most people who get them sell them on, just like most of the people who get a Messi or Ronaldo. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to sell either if I got them in a pack, and there's not a fucking chance I'd be building my side round 150k Robbie Fowler and his 81 finishing if I was on XBox.

igor_balis
21-10-2015, 03:22 PM
http://www.futhead.com/16/players/16114/aurelien-chedjou/

:dust:

Bernanke
22-10-2015, 03:02 PM
I really like my Ligue 1-team.

Fekir - Beauvue
Moutinho
Ntep - Hamouma
Gonalons
Kurzawa - Marquinhos - Perrin - Aurier
Ruffier

I need Lacazette, and maybe an IF Ben Arfa because Moutinho has his limitations as a CAM. After that, Matuidi looks a good shout, and then it's on to the top PSG-stuff.

CJay
23-10-2015, 01:27 PM
I've got the gameplay sliders down to a tee now, I think. Finished my second season with Liverpool. We finished 2nd and I managed to get Benteke to 22 goals, which is 9 more than my highest goalscorer last season. From a user perspective the gameplay feels decent now, and it's possible to get some very nice link-up play between the midfielders and strikers. The AI's gameplay is still atrocious, however. The composure and footwork of their keepers is especially stupid.

igor_balis
23-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Pussied out and built a Sere A side instead. It is pretty good.

Bernanke
25-10-2015, 03:51 AM
https://streamable.com/2ixj

:D

Samadini
25-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Class :cool:

Think I've absolutely mugged myself off, noticed the coin bonus things you can buy with the points you get, I've got fuck loads apparently for having payed FIFA12 a shit load I guess. Just bought them all at the same time, didn't realise they were post match bonuses and not just insta coins. Seems they don't stack and I'm only getting the first one I bought - the lowest one, 200 coins.

What a fucking shitter. tens of thousands of coins down the drain. Gutted. There should have been some fucking warning or something.

Playing with this atm:

http://i.imgur.com/sQ14zZp.png

Aarons is pretty great, not been able to get too much from Oxlade-Chamberlain, though.

I can't score for shit with Carroll, but his flick ons are causing chaos, and simply having a reliable target from goal kicks makes him worthwhile. Stones is probably the biggest hero in the side, absolute tank.

John
25-10-2015, 04:21 PM
They don't stack, Samadini, but once the first one is complete the second one will start, and so on. You haven't lost them.

Samadini
26-10-2015, 06:31 AM
Nice. :cool:

Waffdon
26-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Why is UT so different to regular seasons? It feels so much smoother on the latter and I never have laggy games. The complete opposite on the former, with every second game taking twenty minutes longer because of the stop start.

Shame because the draft is quality

igor_balis
30-10-2015, 02:49 PM
http://s8.postimg.org/52r6xjveb/Capture.png

Bacca is :drool:

Mike
01-11-2015, 09:11 PM
New flat mate has a Xbox one and FIFA, seems alright!

Mike
01-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Scored 100% of my free kicks, or rather, one out of one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJtkzlJWuo

Is there a quick way to get a video clip from the Xbox One onto youtube without having to go to One Drive, save to PC then upload to youtube?

AE
03-11-2015, 02:30 AM
Why is UT so different to regular seasons? It feels so much smoother on the latter and I never have laggy games. The complete opposite on the former, with every second game taking twenty minutes longer because of the stop start.

Shame because the draft is quality

Really? I've never had this problem. Are you on Xbox or PS4? I'm on the latter.

AE
03-11-2015, 02:40 AM
Ever since Fifa tightened up there transfer market policies. I don't see many teams with a Messi or Ronaldo as you can't just buy coins with real money anymore. Which means bang average players can't actually do anything anymore.

I'm on some great form in FUT, I just hope Hernandez actually decides to score 1 of his 5 one on ones he gets per game.

leedsrevolution
03-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Hernandez is a bag of shit. He scored a hat trick in his first game for me then went 12 games without a goal.

Raoul Duke
03-11-2015, 08:23 AM
On career mode, I see shitloads of potential 90+ players now. Especially goalkeepers. I'm almost tempted to start flogging off my first team and try and build a regex-only team.

Mike
08-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Added my moustached face to Fifa.
https://i.imgur.com/GiRPQE5.png

John
10-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Hernandez is a bag of shit. He scored a hat trick in his first game for me then went 12 games without a goal.

He was great beside Huntelaar for me. I eventually binned him for Muller, but I think he finished with something like forty goals in sixty games, which is absolutely acceptable.

John
11-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Bacca is :drool:

You'll want to start saving every coin you can get your hands on for the IF Nainggolan out tonight.

igor_balis
11-11-2015, 06:58 PM
You'll want to start saving every coin you can get your hands on for the IF Nainggolan out tonight.

:alan:

doubt i'll have enough even if i sell all my more expensive players, but i'll keep an eye on the price

John
18-11-2015, 04:07 PM
TOTW this week features Lewandowski, Robben as a striker, Ibrahimovic, and De Bruyne.

Jesus.

igor_balis
18-11-2015, 04:10 PM
And 80 rated Atiba Hutchinson :drool:

Just when I thought I was out (of the Turkish League)...they pull me back in

John
18-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Lewandowski looks amazing, but Robben looks like a proper gamebreaker.

http://www.futhead.com/16/players/16372/arjen-robben/

High/Low with those stats should mean he's essentially unplayable.

leedsrevolution
19-11-2015, 12:15 AM
I can't use wingers on this Fifa. All about playing through the middle and destroying teams that try and play with pace. Division 2 now :alan: only 1 hold and no relegations to get me there.

John
19-11-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm about 20k off being able to get Reus. If he isn't a complete don I think I'll give up on wingers. Schurrle and Douglas Costa are good fun, but neither is the sort of player I want to rely on long term, so if I can't get 170k of form out of Reus then it's time for a change.

If that was a response to my post above, leedsrevolution, I'm talking about an IF Robben who plays up front.

John
19-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Reus in for 154k. :drool:

Bob Sacamano
01-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Impulse bought a Ps4 yesterday.

Not played fifa for a couple years, first thing, why the fuck is everyother pass I do a no look pass or some fancy shit Phil Neville might murder you for?

Anyone fancy an easy opponent in about an hour or so?

CJay
01-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Don't hold whatever the PS4 equivalent of LT is while you're passing. I think that's what triggers those fancy passes.

Bam
01-01-2016, 09:54 PM
I'll give you a game in a bit Bob, pm me your ps4 tag.

Waffdon
18-01-2016, 01:25 AM
TIF Jonas and TIF Slimani look a bit good

John
19-01-2016, 03:51 PM
TIF Jonas and TIF Slimani look a bit good

You could do a seriously good attack in a 4-1-2-1-2 with those two up top, Andre Silva behind them, Gaitan on the left, and Pizzi on the right. All in form.

John
27-01-2016, 12:18 AM
I made a little Russian league team to mess around with while I'm selling all my big Bundesliga and Ligue 1 players and it's great fun to use.

GK - Akinfeev
DR - Smolnikov
DL - Criscito
DC - Garay
DC - Hubocan
DMC - Javi Garcia
ML - Shatov
MR - Promes
AMC - Danny
ST - Dzyuba
ST - Musa

Promes in particular is an absolute gem of a player. Scored two scorchers in his first game and a thirty yard free kick in his second, so I've gone a bit Coutinho with him since and just hammer them at goal from all over the place. Musa is Billy Whizz but he's laughably weak so if a defender gets within arms length of you it's all over.

I'm selling everyone with the intention of getting TIF Jonas and IF Teixeira as a front two and seeing what else I can do from there, Neymar hopefully, but this little side is entertaining enough that I'm in no real rush.

Raoul Duke
27-01-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm still plugging away at my Milan career mode. I don't know why, but I still enjoy it enough.

It is pretty shonky though. I sold two players for £50m each (Perin, a GK to Bayern, who still have 90+ rated Neuer, and Sule to Arsenal).

Still the most annoying part of it is not being able to see the skill move level of youth players before promoting them. I only want wingers/AMs who are 4* skills and above :moop:

John
27-01-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm still plugging away at my Milan career mode. I don't know why, but I still enjoy it enough.

It is pretty shonky though. I sold two players for £50m each (Perin, a GK to Bayern, who still have 90+ rated Neuer, and Sule to Arsenal).

Still the most annoying part of it is not being able to see the skill move level of youth players before promoting them. I only want wingers/AMs who are 4* skills and above :moop:

I havren't really bothered with career mode this year aside from a couple of short lived reckies when it first came out. I spent a night playing a Stoke one that's about three years in with a mate a few weeks ago though, and it's actually quite good.

That training bollocks seems to work well with the youth players, since you can still bang their stats up without having to play a 47 rated shitmuncher on the basis that he will be an 85.

wullie
27-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Career is all I do with FIFA. The transfer system is still the drizzling shits, like only being able to approach players on pre-contracts within January and filtering players being a waste of time. The youth scouting thing may be a little overpowered though, as I've nabbed a 16-year old who's already rated at 70 overall and his stats rocket if he so much as plays a pass on target.

wullie
03-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Not had this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTZNQOo6A8

Disco
03-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Olé!

John
04-05-2016, 03:43 PM
There's a fourth IF Slimani out tonight and he looks absolutely bonkers. Think I'll switch to a Portuguese league side soon.

igor_balis
04-05-2016, 03:49 PM
I completely borked my side with my own idiocy. Did a lot of chopping and changing to my Serie A team, just to try out players and stuff. IF Guarin was about the same price as Pogba, and I fancied trying him out. Didn't play for a couple of months and now Pogba is worth exactly the same and Guarin can't be sold for half what I paid for him. I know it doesn't really matter but that kind of thing just puts me off playing.

John
04-05-2016, 06:19 PM
According to FUThead IF Guarin is worth more than Pogba. Did you balls up and pay well over the odds for him or something?

John
08-05-2016, 05:00 PM
The Premiership TOTS are out, and basically every card is obscene in some way. I like the road somewhat less travelled, so Ighalo, Arnautovic, Alli, and maybe Van Dijk and Dier will find their way into my squad.

Arnautovic in particular looks like a sort of diet Ronaldo.

Raoul Duke
08-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Mahrez look absolutely loco loco when I saw his card :|

John
08-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Aguero is worse. Nigh on ninety nine for every stat.

John
26-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Anyone else still bothering with this? Ultimate Team particularly?

I'm using a Serie A side that cost about half my coins at the moment, with the intention being to spunk the rest on a TOTS player once that league comes out. It's great fun.

GK - UP Handanovic
DR - UP Bruno Peres
DL - Alex Sandro
DC - UP Manolas
DC - IF Barzagli
DMC - Khedira
MR - Candreva
ML - TIF Insigne
MC - TIF Pjanic
MC - Pogba
ST - FIF Higuain

Higuain is absolutely mental. He's sitting on 40 goals in 22 games at the moment. All online and in divisions two and three. Hopefully there's a proper CDM in the TOTS, because Khedira is the clear weak link and Nainggolan just runs around with his high attacking work rate.

Gray Fox
27-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Anyone else still bothering with this? Ultimate Team particularly?

I'm using a Serie A side that cost about half my coins at the moment, with the intention being to spunk the rest on a TOTS player once that league comes out. It's great fun.

GK - UP Handanovic
DR - UP Bruno Peres
DL - Alex Sandro
DC - UP Manolas
DC - IF Barzagli
DMC - Khedira
MR - Candreva
ML - TIF Insigne
MC - TIF Pjanic
MC - Pogba
ST - FIF Higuain

Higuain is absolutely mental. He's sitting on 40 goals in 22 games at the moment. All online and in divisions two and three. Hopefully there's a proper CDM in the TOTS, because Khedira is the clear weak link and Nainggolan just runs around with his high attacking work rate.

http://www.futhead.com/16/totw/tots-serie-a/

No proper CDM but plenty of attacking centre mids likely to bomb forward.

John
27-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Bugger.

Pogba does enough bombing forward for everyone. TOTS Barzagli it is then.

Gray Fox
28-05-2016, 08:35 AM
I've not really touched FIFA much this year but for single player modes. So I haven't even gone on to Ultimate Team yet.

What's this draft mode all about then? I've played Maddens so I imagine it's similar, but by the looks of it all of the TOTS/IF cards are included, so average Joe can build a monster team over and over.

If that is the case, is there even a point to playing your standard UT?

Waffdon
28-05-2016, 09:09 AM
I got to division 1 online with a 25k squad but was lolled at and relegated when I played in that division and thus have a broken L2 button.

41212 is overpowered as is Sau/Giovinco with Marchiso (sp?!?) behind them. Always ultra attacking because no matter what I'll concede.

John
28-05-2016, 11:47 AM
I've not really touched FIFA much this year but for single player modes. So I haven't even gone on to Ultimate Team yet.

What's this draft mode all about then? I've played Maddens so I imagine it's similar, but by the looks of it all of the TOTS/IF cards are included, so average Joe can build a monster team over and over.

If that is the case, is there even a point to playing your standard UT?

It costs coins to enter the draft, you only play against other people in the draft, and you only get 4 games maximum at a time. Unless you're putting money in or getting consistent luck with the packs you win you couldn't afford to do nothing but the draft.

Ended up buying Bonaventura, Ansaldi, and Sorrentino from the TOTS. Bonaventura is lovely to use, just does everything perfect. Higuain now on 58 goals in under 40 games.

Gray Fox
28-05-2016, 05:58 PM
It costs coins to enter the draft, you only play against other people in the draft, and you only get 4 games maximum at a time. Unless you're putting money in or getting consistent luck with the packs you win you couldn't afford to do nothing but the draft.

Ended up buying Bonaventura, Ansaldi, and Sorrentino from the TOTS. Bonaventura is lovely to use, just does everything perfect. Higuain now on 58 goals in under 40 games.

Oh fair enough. I take it that Serie A is the value for money league now?

I used to use the Bundesliga in the early days of UT but after about FIFA13 everyone seemed to jump on it and prices rose. FIFA14 and 15 was Serie A for cheap quality, though said quality was a little lacking in I think 14.

Gray Fox
31-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Set this up last night.

15k is a little steep for those drafts. It's great should you have coins to burn but considering you can get just 4 standard gold packs for winning it, it's not all too worth it.

I've sold most of my starter/bonus pack stuff off and set the kits/ball/stadium etc and I have about 4k coins after. Applied some coin boosts so I'll earn about 1.5k per game. An offline season or two should see me have enough to build a decent enough defence/midfield.

Shame I missed the tournaments for TOTS cards but I'll be going either Bundesliga or more likely Serie A.

John
31-05-2016, 09:13 PM
The standard coinage for an offline match is about 300, so you'll be a bit short of 1.5k.

Serie A and Ligue 1 are the two cheap leagues, though there's plenty of fun to be had in Russia too. I made a team worth about 12k to play around with while other stuff was selling and it was so much fun I almost kept it.

John
02-06-2016, 11:15 PM
I've just beaten someone with maybe the best side I've ever seen on this.

GK - TOTS Keylor Navas
DC - TOTS Godin
DC - IF Sergio Ramos
DC - TOTS Mascherano
RWB - TOTS Dani Alves
LWB - TOTS TOTS Filipe Luis
MC - TOTS Modric
MC - SIF Pogba
RW - Bale
LW - UP Neymar
ST - TOTS Benzema

He wasn't very good so he's plainly pumped about a grand into buying packs, but what a side.

Gray Fox
03-06-2016, 01:36 AM
Fucking hell. 5 at the back too :p

wullie
07-06-2016, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure exactly what going from Ignite to Frostbite will mean, I assume explosions and detailed beads of sweat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPDOh5ZifyM

igor_balis
07-06-2016, 12:47 PM
I've just beaten someone with maybe the best side I've ever seen on this.

GK - TOTS Keylor Navas
DC - TOTS Godin
DC - IF Sergio Ramos
DC - TOTS Mascherano
RWB - TOTS Dani Alves
LWB - TOTS TOTS Filipe Luis
MC - TOTS Modric
MC - SIF Pogba
RW - Bale
LW - UP Neymar
ST - TOTS Benzema

He wasn't very good so he's plainly pumped about a grand into buying packs, but what a side.

I beat someone on there a few months ago with a team full of legends and TOTY Barcelona players etc. He was fucking awful.

Started playing Ultimate Team again, this is probably what my team will stay as now, might swap IF Pjanic for Pogba at some point.

http://s32.postimg.org/r29s6imnp/futhead.png

Oh, and yeah I payed WAY over the odds for Guarin a few months ago, I think it was about 80 K :moop:

Raoul Duke
07-06-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure exactly what going from Ignite to Frostbite will mean, I assume explosions and detailed beads of sweat

Fully-destructible stadiums :drool:

igor_balis
09-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Rejigged my team again:

http://s33.postimg.org/rhz0qft5b/bonnnn.png

You're quite right John, TOTS Bonaventura is terrific.

IF Nainggolan, IF Candreva and TOTS Ansaldi on the shopping list if I ever save up enough.

John
09-06-2016, 02:57 PM
IF Candreva doesn't really look like enough of an upgrade on the standard one to justify the sixty thousand or whatever he costs.

Boydy
10-06-2016, 05:44 PM
I signed up for that Origin Access thing EA do just so I could play FIFA. £3.99 a month so I'll play it for a couple of months then get bored and cancel it. I don't think it plays as good a game of football as Pro Evo. How do I hit shots that aren't all high and floaty?

Samadini
10-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Add me on there, I'll give you a game. I bought it ages ago, but player did about 3 times.

Boydy
11-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Add me on there, I'll give you a game. I bought it ages ago, but player did about 3 times.

I don't think I can even be arsed with it. It's so annoying.

Might just go buy Pro Evo instead.

igor_balis
12-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Swapped IF Hamsik for TOTS Ilicic. 97 long shots and 99 shot power. :drool:

Raoul Duke
12-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Fuck's sake. Looks like there's some Spike Lee nonsense in 17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9LHzVEPodg

Shindig
12-06-2016, 07:44 PM
A mad career mode might get me to buy it. Goal 4: Off the Post

Gray Fox
12-06-2016, 07:57 PM
So, the Marcus Rashford story?

Boydy
12-06-2016, 09:02 PM
I don't think I can even be arsed with it. It's so annoying.

Might just go buy Pro Evo instead.

I did. It's only £11 or so on Steam at the moment. Such a better game. And it's got the Euro 2016 licence which I didn't know and was what I really wanted from a football game right now. :drool:

Gray Fox
13-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Do you actually have to play as this Hunter kid at Man United?

Can you customize him or change his club or anything?

igor_balis
13-06-2016, 02:57 PM
any prem club i think

Shindig
13-06-2016, 03:59 PM
It'll have the 2K problem of me rolling around as Colin McWhite but sounding like Barry Black.