PDA

View Full Version : Halo 5: Guardians

Alex
25-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Anyone? I'm not sure what the Xbox One contingent is like around here.

It turned up in the post yesterday, but I think it's due out properly on Tuesday. I've ignored Halo for years and I don't really know why, because I always enjoyed it, so I'm back in.

I'm leaving it alone for a bit though because I decided about a week ago to dust off the (bought at time of release but never opened :moop:) Master Chief Collection and re-play the others first. I never played Halo 4 at all, so I imagine that's going to be a necessity to understand what's going on. I also never played Halo 2 for some reason either, so I'm mid-way through that at the minute.

Replaying the first one it's struck me that shooters generally seem to have gotten a lot easier over the past decade or so. Lot's more hand holding. I died a fucking lot. But it holds up incredibly well. Top soundtrack still.

There is also this pretty cool feature in it where you can press a button that instantly switches you from the new, remastered graphics to the old-school, time of release ones. The difference is pretty startling, which is strange because you remember playing it at the time and thinking it looked the absolute dogs bollocks.

Anyway, this was more a post about the new one as a posed to my trip down Halo memory lane, but feel free to discuss either.

phonics
25-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Looked like the first Halo I'd play since 1 and then they went and took about Splitscreen Co-op.