PDA

View Full Version : The (soon to be ex-) fat bastards' club

Pages : [1] 2

Boydy
23-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Hopefully.

I downloaded that My Fitness Pal app the other day to track what I'm eating and to try to cut down a bit. It said I should be one just over 1,600 calories a day. It's so fucking difficult. That's not very much.

Anyone else trying to shift some flab?

Adamski
23-10-2015, 02:21 PM
That's not too bad to be honest. Still room for 3 meals a day, the odd snack and a couple of beers a week.

What's your target?

Magic
23-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Well 3,500 calories equates to 1lb of human fat. So if you have 1,400 less than your RDA you'd lose a fair bit over a few weeks. Fuck that, however.

Giggles
23-10-2015, 02:22 PM
1600 is grand until people start to shove it down tour throat how you have to get that 1600.

QE Harold Flair
23-10-2015, 02:27 PM
What you weigh isn't the problem. It's percentage body fat. Rugby players often have an 'obese' bmi but are extremely fit in most cases. The problem is more often that people don't get proper exercise. But the problem with exercise is, it's fucking boring unless it's some kind of team sport.

simon
23-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Calorie counting is shit and has never worked for me.

It's much easier to just eat 'normally' and go to the gym/play sport every other day. I think that if you're having to starve yourself to stay under a limit of calories, you're going to fall off the bandwagon and binge eat.

Boydy
23-10-2015, 04:00 PM
It's much easier to just eat 'normally' and go to the gym/play sport every other day. I think that if you're having to starve yourself to stay under a limit of calories, you're going to fall off the bandwagon and binge eat.

That won't work for losing weight unless you're doing a ridiculous amount of exercise.

SvN
23-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Creating a calorie deficit by counting calories is science. If it didn't work for you, you weren't doing it properly.

1600 calories is easy as long as you eat the right stuff. When I lost weight, I ate a ton of the pizza express pizzas from supermarkets for dinner. Around 550 calories for your main meal is fuck all, but I never went hungry.

simon
23-10-2015, 04:13 PM
That won't work for losing weight unless you're doing a ridiculous amount of exercise.

It's worked for me. I've lost 15kg in the last 3-4 months and I wouldn't say I've been consistently doing a 'ridiculous' amount of exercise. I've upped it recently where I'm going to the gym pretty much every day unless I'm not playing football, but I'm all the better for it. It's only 45 minutes out of the day and I can eat more as a result.

Creating a calorie deficit by counting calories is science. If it didn't work for you, you weren't doing it properly.

1600 calories is easy as long as you eat the right stuff. When I lost weight, I ate a ton of the pizza express pizzas from supermarkets for dinner. Around 550 calories for your main meal is fuck all, but I never went hungry.

I am creating a calorie deficit in doing what I'm doing, I'm just not counting them. If I want to eat a packet of crisps, then I'll have some, regardless of whether I've eaten a lot or a little in that day.

I'm not saying you can lose weight just by doing exercise and then eating takeaways every other night, but I've found that trying to limit the amount that you eat is really difficult. I think it's more about eating the right kind of foods rather than the quantities.

Lewis
23-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Geezer I know (my godparents' son) lost eleven stone in a year eating eight-hundred calories a day. Starving himself like a moron, in other words. He's having to pay nine grand to have his excess skin removed, which, as lol as it is, is a bit of a disgrace when Our NHS would have had to spend miles more than that on him had he never sorted himself out.

Boydy
23-10-2015, 04:17 PM
You have godparents? I thought that was only a Catholic thing. Do the CofE do it as well then?

Lewis
23-10-2015, 04:23 PM
They must do.

You're probably just losing it easily because you got right fat, Draper. Give it a couple of months and you'll be running away from those crisps like a girl and begging - BEGGING - Boyd for calorie-counting advice.

simon
23-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Probably.

How much total weight did you lose in the end? And how did you go about it?

Lewis
23-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I went mental and didn't eat properly for months. Try that.

Vim
23-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Well I'm playing football whenever I can and I'm going jogging once in a while. I also eat mostly salad for lunch every day so hopefully it will help.

Disco
23-10-2015, 04:51 PM
I should probably do exercise again, it's been a while, thankfully due to my superb diet and discipline I've never put on any excess weight. I would like to be fitter and stronger though, ridiculous to think I'm probably more than 4 stone lighter now than I was at 18.

Disco
23-10-2015, 04:57 PM
You have godparents? I thought that was only a Catholic thing. Do the CofE do it as well then?

Apart from funerals, weddings, plus a few harvest festivals with school and my mum going to midnight mass because she likes the hymns I've never known anyone from my family enter a church willingly but we've all been christened (into CofE) and have god-parents. Tradition I suppose.

Boydy
23-10-2015, 05:07 PM
No, it's not that he has them despite not being religious that surprised me, it's that the CofE do it at all. It's pretty normal for people to be christened even if their parents aren't particularly religious. I just thought godparents was only a Catholic thing.

phonics
23-10-2015, 05:08 PM
I don't even think it's a relgious thing at this point. I know loads of people who haven't even been Christened that have Godparents. It's just the modern version of "Auntie Lynn" who isn't your auntie in any way no?

Disco
23-10-2015, 05:28 PM
No, it's not that he has them despite not being religious that surprised me, it's that the CofE do it at all. It's pretty normal for people to be christened even if their parents aren't particularly religious. I just thought godparents was only a Catholic thing.

I see, well they have them at every christening. Makes sense when you think both branches are basically the same.

QE Harold Flair
23-10-2015, 05:30 PM
I only exercise once a week at the moment, which is a 90 minute football match. I find the idea of going to a gym just to exercise to be too boring.

Giggles
23-10-2015, 05:33 PM
I eat grand now but I haven't the time to exercise and gave up smoking so I put on a bit. Exercise has turned into a showy wankers game anyway. Happy enough though, nowhere near what I was a few years ago.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
23-10-2015, 05:33 PM
I got down to 12 stones just before I went to Cyprus, got back on Wednesday a solid 12.5.

I always thought people exaggerated putting on half a stone in a week or less but it would seem that it's actually quite easy to do on holiday...

Magic
23-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Are you fuck lighter than me.

Pepe
23-10-2015, 05:39 PM
65kg here and I eat whatever the fuck I want.

Pepe
23-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Exercise has turned into a showy wankers game anyway.

:D

Adamski
23-10-2015, 05:43 PM
I eat grand now but I haven't the time to exercise and gave up smoking so I put on a bit. Exercise has turned into a showy wankers game anyway. Happy enough though, nowhere near what I was a few years ago.

Everything's a showy wankers game to you, you joyless bastard.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
23-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Are you fuck lighter than me.

You're not a fat fuck are you these days?

Giggles
23-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Everything's a showy wankers game to you, you joyless bastard.

I'm correct though. Exercise has gone from exercising to shouting at people that they're doing it wrong.

Boydy
23-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Stuff like crossfit is definitely a showy wankers' game.

Pepe
23-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Tough mudder. :sick:

Boydy
23-10-2015, 08:19 PM
That too.

Yevrah
23-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Is there anything that the cunts (as I like to call them) haven't got their grubby mits on yet?

Pepe
23-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Unlikely.

Reg
23-10-2015, 08:59 PM
1600 doesn't sound too bad.

A chicken breast is around 150 calories, have that and some broccoli for lunch, and something similar for dinner.

Watch the GI of whatever you eat. It's much harder to stop yourself snacking, and snacking again, if you're eating high GI foods (e.g. crisps).

Pepe
23-10-2015, 09:33 PM
What's GI?

Reg
23-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Glycemic Index. So a high GI food or drink, like a can of Coke, will give you a quick spike of blood sugar. A low GI food like chicken or porridge will release energy slowly and keep you fuller for longer.

Disco
23-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Porridge is brilliant, I've switched to a bowl for lunch everyday instead of sandwiches etc.

Lewis
23-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Stuff like crossfit is definitely a showy wankers' game.

Which I've never really understood, seeing as the training itself is properly intense. It's possibly seen as being more accessible than the usual boring cunt gym stuff (I like to pride myself on never boring on about that), so that might explain it.

The other week my old man sold his time trial bike for a fair bit less than he could have done because advertising it online would have meant 'dealing with cycling dickheads'. That was pretty lol.

Lewis
23-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Porridge Crew. :cool:

Pepe
23-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Triathletes. :sick:

Giggles
23-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Selling anything online is painful. I had to sell my car recently and it was a horror show of gobshites.

Pepe
23-10-2015, 10:09 PM
I've never had any issues personally. Never sold a car though, I'm sure that is the worst item to sell.

Giggles
23-10-2015, 10:12 PM
I've never had any issues personally. Never sold a car though, I'm sure that is the worst item to sell.

It's the weaning out of people that like the idea of shopping for a car but have no intention of buying a car.

phonics
23-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Porridge is for people we would have been better off leaving in the 1600s.

Pepe
23-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Wait porridge is just oatmeal? Fuckin' lol at you lot. Between that and toast you really get excited about the most mundane shite.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
23-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Porridge with golden syrup and cranberries is the business. Actually fills you unlike a regular cereal too.

Lewis
23-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Nobody is getting 'excited', mate. We're just saying it dons.

Pepe
23-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Calm down mate.

Giggles
23-10-2015, 10:28 PM
There's Lion Bar cereal now. No need for porridge.

Boydy
24-10-2015, 12:18 AM
1600 doesn't sound too bad.

A chicken breast is around 150 calories, have that and some broccoli for lunch, and something similar for dinner.

Watch the GI of whatever you eat. It's much harder to stop yourself snacking, and snacking again, if you're eating high GI foods (e.g. crisps).
Are you even reading what you're writing? Chicken and broccoli. Chicken and fucking broccoli. That's bland as fuck.

Which I've never really understood, seeing as the training itself is properly intense. It's possibly seen as being more accessible than the usual boring cunt gym stuff (I like to pride myself on never boring on about that), so that might explain it.

Isn't it just people throwing weights around and injuring themselves?

There's definitely a showy wanker aspect to normal weightlifting as well.

Disco
24-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Properly season the chicken and slather the broccoli in butter (balanced diet! Before all the cholesterol wankers chip in) and it's a pretty long way from bland.

Lewis
24-10-2015, 12:31 AM
The showy wankers in normal gyms are either 1) LADS who aren't very big/strong (your Merts and your Zims) so lol; 2) gearheads with failing balls and confidence issues so also lol. CrossFit is probably also more equipment-orientated as well, with the shoes and the belts and the official merchandise, and that usually attracts the middle class wanker crowd.

phonics
24-10-2015, 12:37 AM
You could steam fry (no idea how my mother did it but I remember a Wok with a lid on it) the Broccoli and then do the meal with a cream and mushroom sauce. Yum.

mikem
24-10-2015, 03:01 AM
Boydy, I use map my fitness to help plan carb loading for marathons and 50ks. It works well, but you may find it more useful to set it up differently. Don't put in current weight and your goal. Just put in your goal weight and see how many calories you can eat to maintain it. It will be less than you currently eat so you will lose weight, but more slowly than their weight loss plan. However, it won't be as unpleasant or seemingly insurmountable and by the time you finish you will have learned how to live at that weight. Any exercise you do will just get you there quicker.

QE Harold Flair
24-10-2015, 03:04 AM
Ckicken and broccoli with some kind of sauce (cheese is best) is lovely.

I think the problem with diets in general is how much it limits you. I don't like fruit, nuts or most vegetables/salads. I like some veggies and salad stuff but not enough to make a variety of meals per week.

Giggles
24-10-2015, 08:05 AM
1600 is a nice meal from the chippers and just don't eat the rest of the day.

Foe
24-10-2015, 10:51 AM
My weight has fluctuated hugely. I'm a bit fat at the moment (13.5% body fat apparently) at 88kg. I have been as low as 68kg a few years ago.

Just calorie counting is a nonsense. Do some light exercise every couple of days like Simon says. If not, you'll eventually get bored of eating healthily and pile weight back on. If you get into fitness odds are you'll stick with it.

I've focussed too much on strength recently so will need to cut back on having a couple of proper big
Meals a day (and snacks) and try and maintain some of the girly strength I've gained. Or do something shit like cardio. :(

Magic
24-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Just lol at considering 13.5% bodyfat as 'fat'...though that's you wanted us to say, isn't it, you big baldy cunt.

Lee
24-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Calorie counting is a nailed on way to lose weight. I lost two and a half stone doing it in my last year at uni. If you're going to maintain it though it needs to be a proper change of lifestyle, including exercise. My failure to manage this is why I veer from not quite fat to fat bastard two or three times a year.

Foe
24-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Calorie counting is a nailed on way to lose weight. I lost two and a half stone doing it in my last year at uni. If you're going to maintain it though it needs to be a proper change of lifestyle, including exercise. My failure to manage this is why I veer from not quite fat to fat bastard two or three times a year.

Which is precisely my point. It's manageable to a point. Then tesco do a sale on Ben &. Jerry's and its tatties.

I know I'm not fat, but I'm carrying more fat than I ever have and it looks/feels horrible.

simon
24-10-2015, 11:48 AM
If you're going to maintain it though it needs to be a proper change of lifestyle, including exercise.

This is exactly it. If you view it as being healthier, rather than 'dieting' and plan things around living a healthier lifestyle then you'll be much better off for it. Eating one shite 1600 calorie meal per day and starving yourself for the rest may see you lose weight (I'm not convinced) but nobody could ever say that it's healthy. Therefore it's far less likely to stick in the long term.

Lee
24-10-2015, 11:56 AM
(I'm not convinced)

You definitely would. It's simple maths. As said above 3500 calories equates to roughly a lb in weight. When I went for it a few years back I restricted myself to 1500 per day and would lose 2lbs every week. It works.

simon
24-10-2015, 12:12 PM
You definitely would. It's simple maths. As said above 3500 calories equates to roughly a lb in weight. When I went for it a few years back I restricted myself to 1500 per day and would lose 2lbs every week. It works.

Yeah, the I'm not convinced part was mainly referring to Giggles' extreme 'I'm gonna eat a 1600 calorie chippy and starve myself for the rest of the day' idea.

I mean, you can't argue that having a calorie deficit in your diet does enable you to lose weight and I'm not trying to do that. But I think it's a small part of the puzzle rather than simply being the be all and end all.

Boydy
24-10-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm not eating one 1600 calorie meal a day and starving myself the rest of the time.

And I will be doing exercise (and was before I started this) but I haven't been this week because I've had a right bastard of a cold.

Lewis
24-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Eating sixteen-hundred calories a day for the long-term isn't 'being healthy'. It's a diet. It might be alright if you're built like a child (Boyd), but normal-sized adults would end up malnourished.

Giggles
24-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Yeah, the I'm not convinced part was mainly referring to Giggles' extreme 'I'm gonna eat a 1600 calorie chippy and starve myself for the rest of the day' idea.

I mean, you can't argue that having a calorie deficit in your diet does enable you to lose weight and I'm not trying to do that. But I think it's a small part of the puzzle rather than simply being the be all and end all.

That's the main reason I said it. Just counting is a complete waste of time without going all in with balancing it properly.

Lee
25-10-2015, 10:32 AM
Right, I've copied Boydy and downloaded MyFitnessPal. It will end in failure as normal but I'll give it a go. I pay £6 a month for the work gym and never go so I ought to make some use of that too.

Davgooner
25-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I use the Samsung health app thing on my phone. Set a new daily step count record at work the other day, the downside being an inappropriate jingle alerted me to this while I was in a meeting with leadership.

Pen
25-10-2015, 09:14 PM
I don't think I could survive on 1600 calories a day, but I have training and/or games 3 to 6 times a week and spending all day at work with kids is relatively good for me too as I don't spend a lot of time sitting still. I think a balanced diet is at least as important as getting some exercise in a few times a week though.

During my time in England I hit my highest weight ever weighing 83 kilos due to constant visits to the pub and not doing much exercise, but I lost the excess weight almost instantly after coming back home. I'd probably be in great shape if I'd stop drinking all together, but that's not going to happen.

Spoonsky
25-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Right, I've copied Boydy and downloaded MyFitnessPal. It will end in failure as normal but I'll give it a go. I pay £6 a month for the work gym and never go so I ought to make some use of that too.

Anything would end in failure with that attitude. What's the fucking point?

QE Harold Flair
25-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Losing weight would be a piece of piss for anyone who actually likes healthy foods like nuts, fish, fruit and vegetables.

Lee
25-10-2015, 10:42 PM
Calm down, Spoonsky.

Giggles
25-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Finally some spoonsky PASSION.

Spoonsky
26-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Calm down, Spoonsky.

I know I sound more passionate than I actually am, but it genuinely puzzles me. Would anyone ever say, "I know I'm never going to learn how to play piano because I have no ear for music, but I'll try to practice a little anyways"? If you don't actually believe you can do it then it will always end up being a half-arsed failure, right? You've made your excuse before you've even begun.

It's like how gyms always get much more full in January. If you need an arbitrary New Year's resolution to get yourself working out then you're probably not committed enough for it to actually work.

The Merse
26-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Having shed around 12kg since March, I'm settled on 81kg at the moment (at 188cm).

Once I'm back in the uk and have had my knee operation I'll be looking to shift another 5kg in two months and then be on to strength and conditioning in a big way so probably putting on some more weight.

Feel a lot happier and healthier already. A couple of years as a fatty was pretty depressing.

Lee
26-10-2015, 07:15 AM
I know I sound more passionate than I actually am, but it genuinely puzzles me. Would anyone ever say, "I know I'm never going to learn how to play piano because I have no ear for music, but I'll try to practice a little anyways"? If you don't actually believe you can do it then it will always end up being a half-arsed failure, right? You've made your excuse before you've even begun.

It's like how gyms always get much more full in January. If you need an arbitrary New Year's resolution to get yourself working out then you're probably not committed enough for it to actually work.

It was sarcasm, stop being so precious. I'm obviously not trying something with the intention of failing. That said; if I do it's hardly the end of the world.

Byron
26-10-2015, 07:32 AM
Aye, I need to get into this. I'm just over 16 stone, which is an improvement from this time last year but I'd want to lose three more stone on time for the wedding ideally.

Lee
04-11-2015, 08:33 PM
This is going rather well. Down from 15st 4lbs to 14st 9lbs after eleven days. Lots of walking and eating well. I'm properly into it mow and enjoying doing it so far.

Boydy
04-11-2015, 08:44 PM
My calorie counting stopped after about three days. :moop:

Lee
04-11-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm enjoying the food. I'm cooking everything from scratch with fresh ingredients so the food is nice and I enjoy the cooking. It would be nice if I've cracked this. We'll see.

Giggles
04-11-2015, 08:49 PM
I realise now how easy I had it to do all that when I worked shift. Impossible to exercise or cook on the hours now.

Lewis
04-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Have you got an Instagram page for them yet?

Pepe
04-11-2015, 08:50 PM
:harold:

@ Boydy.

Lee
04-11-2015, 08:50 PM
I don't even know what Instagram is used for other than to make photos look like they were taken in the 1980s.

Vim
04-11-2015, 08:53 PM
I've started running with a friend every couple of days since last posting, I haven't got a scale so I'm not sure if I've actually lost anything. I'm mainly just trying to make running a routine rather than pushing for maximum distance or something like that.

Boydy
04-11-2015, 08:59 PM
:harold:

@ Boydy.

I'm going to the gym now though!

I'm trying to eat a little less and cut out biscuits and crap like that. Calorie counting is annoying and tedious though and I'm not really in charge of groceries or cooking at my folks'.

simon
04-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Boydy coming over to the fun side. :cool:

Lee
04-11-2015, 09:18 PM
I hope that isn't a reference to going to the gym, which must be among the most boring things people willingly pay to do.

simon
04-11-2015, 09:38 PM
It wasn't really, it was more of a reference to him stopping the calorie counting and being able to eat more food. However, that's obviously only allowed to happen if he hammers the gym, but we know the gym isn't exactly fun.

Though saying that, I've been swimming an awful lot lately and I must say that I've been really enjoying it.

Foe
04-11-2015, 09:47 PM
The endorphins post gym session is :cool:

It's also an excellent place to perve on attractive, fit women which has benefitted hugely for the recent societal acceptability of jeggings and workout tights.

Boydy
04-11-2015, 10:00 PM
I actually quite like the gym at the minute. How long this will last, I don't know. It's nice that I feel like I know what I'm doing for once.

simon
11-11-2015, 09:12 AM
I've just comfortably slotted on a pair of jeans I haven't been able to get into for about 3/4 years.

I'm so fucking happy.

Weaver
11-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Well done, Simon, hard work paying off :cool:

Boydy
11-11-2015, 10:54 AM
I always assumed you were a hench gym-rat, Simon.

simon
11-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Nah, I went from being a fit 85-90kg to gradually getting more and more overweight over the past 3 years or so. I'd say I have a naturally big frame but I was 118kg in June, so something had to be drastically done.

I'm now hovering around 100kg which is still about 6/7 kg too heavy, but we're almost there. :)

Toby
11-11-2015, 01:16 PM
What height are you?

simon
11-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Just over 6'1".

Toby
11-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Pretty much the same as me. I think I'm not quite 100kg but will show it more. If I got to 118kg I'd look properly fat.

phonics
11-11-2015, 01:32 PM
118kg? As someone who is 6' and 60 kg, that sounds terrifying.

SvN
11-11-2015, 01:34 PM
I'm 89kg, 6'2" and I consider myself currently overweight. I'd be a fucking mess if I was 118kg.

Giggles
11-11-2015, 01:34 PM
100kg is surely even far too much for someone not at least 6'3 or 6'4. I remember being 128kg at one of my worst times and I wasn't far off having to be washed in bed with a stick.

simon
11-11-2015, 01:44 PM
I was a mess. :D

And yeah, 100kg is still far too much. I have designs on going to play semi-pro football in the new year and I definitely don't want to be far over 90kg when I do that otherwise I'll get ran all over the shop. I reckon I was about 110-112kg at the kickabout last summer, so that'll provide a reference point for some.

Lee
20-11-2015, 07:12 PM
This is going rather well. Down from 15st 4lbs to 14st 9lbs after eleven days. Lots of walking and eating well. I'm properly into it mow and enjoying doing it so far.

I'm now down to 14st 3lbs. I haven't done so much walking this week as I haven't had the time but I've kept up the healthy eating and I'm still enjoying it. I'll make sure I walk at least 5km each day over the weekend to make up for the last few days.

Lee
25-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Down to 13st 13lbs now which is the lowest I've been for a couple of years. Starting to see an obvious physical difference now as well. If I can be around 13st exactly by Christmas Day I'll be very happy indeed. The next target will be 12st which is apparently just about my perfect weight. If I can do that for early Feb I'll eat like a pig on my holiday.

I'm really on this at the minute and reckon I'll get where I need to be. The biggest challenge will be keeping it off when I increase my calorie intake when I hit my target, although I guess that will just be a case of increasing portion sizes rather than plugging the calorie deficit with pizza and burgers.

Boydy
25-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Fuck off.

Lewis
25-11-2015, 10:56 PM
Geezer I know (my godparents' son) lost eleven stone in a year eating eight-hundred calories a day. Starving himself like a moron, in other words. He's having to pay nine grand to have his excess skin removed, which, as lol as it is, is a bit of a disgrace when Our NHS would have had to spend miles more than that on him had he never sorted himself out.

He had one and a half stone of skin removed yesterday. It was all from his torso though, so his face will still look melted.

Boydy
25-11-2015, 10:59 PM
What weight was he at his heaviest?

Lee
25-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Fuck off.

Just think, you were the inspiration for this. :harold:

Giggles
25-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Fair fucks Lee. You're proving a bit of inspiration.

Lewis
25-11-2015, 11:03 PM
What weight was he at his heaviest?

He told me he was twenty-three, which to be fair was less than I would have guessed. Maybe his beard and goth clothes (since ditched) made him look fatter.

lol

Boydy
25-11-2015, 11:04 PM

I'm still going to the gym. Fuck calorie counting though.

Might be eating too much in the pursuit of protein though. Not sure.

Lee
25-11-2015, 11:04 PM
He had one and a half stone of skin removed yesterday. It was all from his torso though, so his face will still look melted.

On the calorie restriction, I've taken in about 800 calories today because I've had no time to eat properly with all that's kicked off. I feel like shit as a result so fuck knows how it's possible to do that for a year. Less than 1200 and I need to snack on fruit or cereal or something so as not to feel as though I might slip into a coma.

Lee
25-11-2015, 11:07 PM

I'm still going to the gym. Fuck calorie counting though.

Might be eating too much in the pursuit of protein though. Not sure.

I'll start at the gym when I've lost a bit more. I won't be motivated unless I see results and I figure that will be more difficult while I'm still a bit fat.

Lewis
25-11-2015, 11:11 PM
Fat Lad was a bit of a legend really. He became a vegetarian to try shifting some weight, but he just lived on instant mash and bread and butter, so it failed. Now he just witters on about wanting to be ten per cent body-fat. Rest in Peace, mate.

Boydy
25-11-2015, 11:11 PM
That Stronglifts programme I'm doing has you increase the weight every session so it feels like an achievement every time you go. I'd never really given gymming a proper go before but I'm really enjoying it now.

And apparently you're meant to eat about 3000 calories for it too according to Mehdi. I don't eat that much though. I'm probably somewhere between 2000-2500.

Giggles
25-11-2015, 11:13 PM
For some reason I pictured you as about 8 stone Boydy.

Lee
25-11-2015, 11:14 PM
And me, actually.

Lee
05-12-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm now down to 13st 10lbs which makes it 22lbs off in six weeks. The weight loss is definitely slowing which I guess is normal. 27lbs to go I until I hit my target.

I looked at a photo of me in Barcelona in August and there's a real difference now. Dead happy.

simon
05-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Lee. :cool:

Lee
12-12-2015, 06:45 PM
13 st 6lbs. I haven't been this light for getting on for three years and I'm now out of the BMI 'overweight' range so I'm pretty chuffed. 26lbs off, 21lbs to go. Be great if I can manage it before going to Norway in eight weeks time.

Adamski
13-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Are you exercising Lee? Or just eating better?

Lee
13-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Both. Making all my own meals from scratch so I know what's in them and I haven't eaten any crisis, chocolate or drunk anything but water or tea for two months.

I walk a minimum of 5k per day. I don't always have to make a point of doing so as its normal for me to do that amount of walking at work most days. When I don't manage it at work I make up for it by walking around my estate or over the fields on the rare occasions they're not waterlogged.

Boydy
16-12-2015, 03:21 PM
I really need a healthier replacement for chocolate biscuits.

simon
16-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Almonds. They're great to snack on and are pretty tasty.

Boydy
16-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Pfft. I still need something with a little chocolate on it. I was looking at cereal bars and stuff the other day including those 'nakd' ones and supposedly healthy shit like that but none of them seemed especially good.

I also can't tell if I've lost any flab yet. The scales haven't gone down but then I should be building muscle so they won't anyway. I think I might have lost a little but I kinda wish I'd taken some photos before starting the gym now.

simon
16-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Those 'light' Alpen bars are pretty good, to be fair.

http://www.weetabix.co.uk/images/products/largepack_46.png

Chocolate and a load of other fun flavours without the same amount of shite that's in a digestive.

Vim
16-12-2015, 04:07 PM
I love those Alpen bars.

The recent rise in uni assignments and projects, as well as the ridiculously shit weather here have made it very hard to exercise in the last month. Today I'm going to play football for the first time in around a month and then when I get to my parents' on Saturday I'll jog every day, they have better weather there. Also gotta pre-emptively strike off the Christmas food.

I also gotta cut out the crisps, they are way too convenient to eat in a hurry and it's not good.

Lee
20-12-2015, 12:27 PM
13st 4lbs, so I've hit the two stone off mark in 8 weeks, which I'm really proud of. A stone and a half to go. Progress will slow a bit over the next week and a bit as I'm not opting out of enjoying Christmas. Nice to be able to enjoy it from this position though.

Lee
01-01-2016, 08:40 PM
I was 13st 7lbs on the morning of the 27th, although most of that wasn't real since it's practically impossible to eat enough to pile it on that much over a few days. I got back on it after Boxing Day and, as of this morning, I'm 13st 2lbs which is less than I was before Christmas. I'd planned for being about 13st 7lbs now so I'm well ahead.

On course to hit 12st exactly before I leave for Norway, eat what I want for the week then get myself down to my target weight of 11st 11lbs. I'm going to the gym from Monday to try getting some tone as well. It would ne nice to go into the spring feeling healthy.

Chrissy
01-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Quite pleased to see no "New Year, New Me" pish on here. Well done folks.

Bartholomert
01-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Lost about 15 pounds since the summer, but still about 20-30 pounds away from being able to seduce 6-7s in bars without relying inordinately on my charm. Main issue I have is alcohol, I can eat healthily and exercise, but then I end up hating my life so much I have to have a beer at the end of the day to keep sane.

Hopefully I'll be rich enough within a few years that I won't have to worry about my figure as much.

mo
01-01-2016, 10:42 PM
I turned 30 a few days ago, combined with a few new t-shirts for Christmas which don't quite fit that nicely, has made me to start to make changes. I've started with cereal; I've stopped eating-sugar loaded kids' cereals and got myself some bran flakes. They're ok. Might try some porridge as well.

KUTGW Lee, like others I'm jealous and inspired.

Lee
01-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Lost about 15 pounds since the summer, but still about 20-30 pounds away from being able to seduce 6-7s in bars without relying inordinately on my charm. Main issue I have is alcohol, I can eat healthily and exercise, but then I end up hating my life so much I have to have a beer at the end of the day to keep sane.

Hopefully I'll be rich enough within a few years that I won't have to worry about my figure as much.

Stop making it all about women, mate. If you want to do it then do it for you. I know you don't buy this but it really is as simple as meet a nice girl, like one another, get to know each other better, still like each other, be a couple. There are some right ugly fuckers of both genders with good relationships with a person they love and respect.

Your apparent obsession with meeting somebody above some made up threshold is doing more harm to your chances than a few extra pounds ever will. Just be a nice person and it will come.

Chrissy
01-01-2016, 10:52 PM
Lee I think he's talking utter shite on here alot of the time. Kudos to you on the 'Norge challenge' - I'm sure you'll hit your target dude.

Lee
01-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Lee I think he's talking utter shite on here alot of the time. Kudos to you on the 'Norge challenge' - I'm sure you'll hit your target dude.

He always talks shit but he's not a bad lad. He reminds me of a mate of mine. Complete manchild but harmless enough.

Bartholomert
01-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Stop making it all about women, mate. If you want to do it then do it for you. I know you don't buy this but it really is as simple as meet a nice girl, like one another, get to know each other better, still like each other, be a couple. There are some right ugly fuckers of both genders with good relationships with a person they love and respect.

Your apparent obsession with meeting somebody above some made up threshold is doing more harm to your chances than a few extra pounds ever will. Just be a nice person and it will come.

But validation makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I'm banned from meeting new people anyways because my girlfriend would disapprove.

Smiffy
01-01-2016, 11:27 PM

Chrissy
01-01-2016, 11:56 PM
:wave:

I quit smoking and aim to do at least one productive thing every day. Today I moved room around so the new dog can't keep eating my belongings, updated the laptop, linked everything to my mobile and perhaps the biggest surprise of all....polished my furniture!

New Year, New Me! Now to find some hobbies and stop being "a boring bastard".

Are you doing these things simply because it's the New Year?

Giggles
01-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Are you doing these things simply because it's the New Year?

Remember it's Smiffy. It's probably because it's Friday.

SvN
01-01-2016, 11:59 PM
I started a diet a few weeks ago and had 3 days off over Christmas and allowed myself to get smashed last night. Going okay so far, I want to lose about a stone in total, perhaps a stone and a half.

Smiffy
02-01-2016, 12:00 AM

Chrissy
02-01-2016, 12:03 AM
Hahahaha fair enough.

Smiffy
02-01-2016, 12:09 AM

Lee
03-01-2016, 11:28 AM
12st 13lbs. :drool:

I dont't think I've been 12st anything since my first year at university.

http://i68.tinypic.com/30c22co.jpg

Byron
03-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Might be a silly question, but how have you managed that Lee?

Lee
03-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Calorie restriction and exercise. Not starving myself though; I'm having three meals per day whereas before I was only having two.

A typical day is something like:

Breakfast- 2 Bananas/Bowl of Cereal
Lunch - Mugshot/Baked Potato
Dinner - Omelette/Pasta/Fresh Meat Stir Fry

I just weigh out all my food and prepare it from raw ingredients so I know what's in it. I track it using the MyFitnessPal app which is what the screensht above is. I've got a bit lucky with Christmas falling in the middle of it. I feasted for three or four days and then again on New Year's Eve and apparently doing so gives your metabolism a bit of a kickstart, as it slows down according to what you're putting in from what I've read. On top of that I try to walk 5k each day, although I tend to double that at weekends. Not today though, it's pissing down.

33lbs down, 16lbs to go.

Giggles
03-01-2016, 11:52 AM
What's that app?

Lee
03-01-2016, 11:53 AM
What's that app?

MyFitnessPal. Obviously the work is mine but it's great for understanding what's in your food and helping you to keep disciplined.

Adamski
03-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Brilliant lee! You must be well chuffed.

I'm in here in a big way from tomorrow. Reckon I'm about 15 and a half stone at 6"2 so looking to shift a solid 3 stone. My fitness pal is excellent, will be getting back into that as well.

Andrew
03-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Jumped on the scales today and to my horror I'm 248.8lbs......

So set up myfitnesspal and typed in all my details, to lose 1lb a week I should be having 2050 calories a day...

Sure I was having that amount in one meal before today.

Lewis
03-01-2016, 10:54 PM
I can't wait until Fox packs it all back on.

Lee
03-01-2016, 10:59 PM
It's not going to happen. I'll put some back on probably, but I'll have lost three and a half stone by the time I'm done. Sticking that on will be some going. I've thought about how I'll maintain it and it's going to be hard to take in 2,500 calories per day without eating some awful stuff. I sometimes struggle to make it to 1,500 at the minute. The Quality Street has been useful since Christmas.

I've just ordered a load of new clothes so remaining able to get in them should be motivation enough. Going to the gym, starting tomorrow, is the next phase for me.

Lewis
03-01-2016, 11:03 PM
Middle-aged spread, mate. You couldn't have timed this worse really.

Lee
03-01-2016, 11:05 PM
I'll plan to live until I'm dead old so middle age can bollocks for another few years yet. I'm happy enough just being out of the heart attack zone for now.

Smiffy
03-01-2016, 11:14 PM

Foe
03-01-2016, 11:24 PM
I'm down to 85kg now. Which is probably through muscle loss due to lack of exercise over the festive.
But fuck it, I'm claiming it as a victory.

Lee
03-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Fat cunt.

Foe
03-01-2016, 11:32 PM
My bmi of 27.2 agrees with that. Though my body fat percentage of 14.6 is way too high, despite being between good
And excellent.

I might have to start doing cardio like a homosexual.

Lee
03-01-2016, 11:39 PM
I thought 14% was a pretty good number. The BMI can be sorted easily enough. I'm at 24.2 now which I'm dead happy about.

Giggles
03-01-2016, 11:41 PM
I've got back on it now. Weighed yesterday and shocked myself. Hopefully I can lose at even 50% of the rate I did before. With age it'll be hard without exercise.

Foe
03-01-2016, 11:43 PM
Bmi is a load of nonsense if you do any form of weight training.
But yeah 14 isn't bad, but I'm fatter than I've been before.

I was 68kg and lean at uni (probably 5-6% body fat as I could see the veins in the lower abdominals). But I eat whatever the fuck I want now and am
Stronger.

Going to knock snacking on the head though and see if I can get to sub 80kg without shrinking in muscle.

Adamski
03-01-2016, 11:48 PM
What's 85kg in real weight?

Giggles
03-01-2016, 11:50 PM
What's 85kg in real weight?

13st 5lbs.

Adamski
03-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Unless you're a midget that's pretty decent I'd have thought?

Giggles
03-01-2016, 11:53 PM
Unless you're a midget that's pretty decent I'd have thought?

Foe is one of those gym types though.

Smiffy
03-01-2016, 11:54 PM

Reg
03-01-2016, 11:55 PM
It's not going to happen. I'll put some back on probably, but I'll have lost three and a half stone by the time I'm done. Sticking that on will be some going. I've thought about how I'll maintain it and it's going to be hard to take in 2,500 calories per day without eating some awful stuff. I sometimes struggle to make it to 1,500 at the minute. The Quality Street has been useful since Christmas.

I've just ordered a load of new clothes so remaining able to get in them should be motivation enough. Going to the gym, starting tomorrow, is the next phase for me.
Handful of peanuts will be about 150cals. Low GI so you don't feel like eating a load of sugary crap straight afterwards.

Adamski
04-01-2016, 08:16 AM
That 15.5 stone was actually a whopping 16 stone when I hopped on this morning. That's the biggest I've been in years, further motivation to start today!

Byron
04-01-2016, 08:23 AM
16st 6, which is lighter than this time last year but still needs a lot of work. Aiming to lose 3 and a half stone by September.

Foe
04-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Lads, those pizza express low calorie (delicious) pizzas are only £2 at Morrison's right now.

Stock up. :drool:

Chrissy
05-01-2016, 05:57 AM
I just did my first 10k in about 8 years this morning in a time that can only be described as "slow and painful". Me and my shins/lower back and self esteem hate you all for motivating me.

Chrissy
05-01-2016, 05:58 AM
16st 6, which is lighter than this time last year but still needs a lot of work. Aiming to lose 3 and a half stone by September.

You'll do it dude I am sure.

Andrew
05-01-2016, 05:18 PM
So I'm three days into my "diet" allowed 2050 calories a day averaging around 1700 so far.

Also averaged 10k steps this week aswell, which is 9,998 more than I was doing last week in all honesty!!

SvN
05-01-2016, 05:24 PM
How much are you looking to lose? 2050 seems like an awful lot for someone on a diet, but I guess it depends how much exercise you're doing.

I haven't weighed myself since the 28th, which had me at the same weight as when I started due to putting on about 5lbs over christmas. I'm hoping that was mostly bloat from beer and I'll at least be back down to where I was on christmas eve when I weigh myself tomorrow.

Giggles
05-01-2016, 05:31 PM
I'm allowed 1700 when I put my stuff in. It also says I'll lose 2lbs a week :harold:

Andrew
05-01-2016, 05:53 PM
SvN 2050 calories isn't that much to be fair it's quite a lot if you eat 100% clean.

Aiming to hit 200lbs again, since I've changed jobs from a scaffolder to a hgv driver my weight has exploded.

five time
05-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Were you the Andrewjames or something on the old board who lost a lot of weight?

Andrew
05-01-2016, 08:38 PM
five time yes mate.

Lost about 8 stone or something mainly through weight training, running and eating healthy.

Did reach 15 stone or a little under that but I'm back up to 18 stone now I think.

Giggles
05-01-2016, 09:18 PM
five time yes mate.

Lost about 8 stone or something mainly through weight training, running and eating healthy.

Did reach 15 stone or a little under that but I'm back up to 18 stone now I think.

Could near be a carbon copy of myself. 18's not too far to turn it round though.

Boydy
05-01-2016, 09:22 PM
I'm going to try to seriously cut back on the carbs for a while. And try to do some HIIT cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays alongside my weightlifting in the gym on Mondays/Wednesday/Fridays.

Anyone tried cutting out/seriously limiting carbs? I don't really know what else to cook or what to replace them with.

Kikó
05-01-2016, 09:25 PM
How much do you weigh Boyd? It doesn't help that I picture you in my head as Colin Murray.

Kikó
05-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Oh and limited carbs is easy when you get used to it. Why don't you sub them for things like quinoa, bulgar wheat and lentils? Sightly better carbs.

Boydy
05-01-2016, 09:26 PM
13 stone according to the scales earlier today. And I'm only 5'6" so it ain't good.

Kikó
05-01-2016, 09:30 PM
When I first lost a bit of weight, I cut all sweet stuff and processed food out of the diet. All fizzy drinks as well. I was a fiend for snacking and especially Bombay bad boys :drool:

Try the carbs I said and also don't eat too late if possible as it'll sit on your stomach.

Andrew
05-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Giggles Going to start Intermittent Fasting again or whatever it is, seems to help me control my urge to eat.

I'm the type of person who can not just have two biscuit from a pack I need to finish the entire pack off!!

So narrowing the time I can eat through the day seems to help me no end.

Boydy
05-01-2016, 09:32 PM
BMI of 29.4 that is. Christ.

Although the Bupa BMI calculator I was just on says the healthy range is 8st 2lbs to 11st. 8st 2lbs seems ridiculously low. I'd be a fucking waif at that weight. 11st would be good though. I'd be happier with a stone less as long as the flab shifts and I put on muscle instead.

Offshore Toon
05-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Lentils are awesome. Just boil up loads, keep them in the fridge, then chuck them in everything. Omelettes are good when you want that carby feeling, but otherwise a decent chunk of meat and some veg/salad satisfies me. I tend to get less hungry when actually cooking as well which helps.

Kikó
05-01-2016, 09:33 PM
My aunt and my missus mum both do the 5/2 diet and have lost weight. I'm not sure I could be arsed starving myself during the day.

Boydy
05-01-2016, 09:34 PM
I suppose I could just do a load of meat in the slow cooker that'll last me for a couple of days and eat it with salad leaves and fresh veg.

Offshore Toon
05-01-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm the heaviest I've been for a little while at the moment. I'm not sure if the the scales in the bathroom are totally accurate (17st), but I'm still a fat bugger. 30.6 BMI. Just got back from an hour of badminton with a ten minute jog there and ten minute jog back. Got a stag do on the 13th February and a wedding on the 12th March and I'm best man, so I'd like to look good. The aim is 15st. Its been done before so it can be done again.

Giggles
05-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Giggles Going to start Intermittent Fasting again or whatever it is, seems to help me control my urge to eat.

I'm the type of person who can not just have two biscuit from a pack I need to finish the entire pack off!!

So narrowing the time I can eat through the day seems to help me no end.

Jesus, you are me. That's the main thing I need to change, just don't have it in the house at all.
My main issue is being on the road and I've no idea what I'm going to do about it. When I lost it before I was working in the one place all the time with microwave and all that.

Andrew
05-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Jesus, you are me. That's the main thing I need to change, just don't have it in the house at all.
My main issue is being on the road and I've no idea what I'm going to do about it. When I lost it before I was working in the one place all the time with microwave and all that.

If I can go about 10 days again without eating anything chocolate or sweet wise Im certain I'll lose the craving for it again.

When I first decided to cut out any chocolate or any type of sugary carbs the lows my body went through was insane, I would wake up in the middle of the night and find myself raiding the fridge for a bar of chocolate, or have the shakes for a few hours.

I've been to the gym twice this week so I think the "new year, new me" bullshit has given me a little push to be honest.

Adamski
05-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Day 1 for me today was:

Breakfast : Granola and a glass of milk
Lunch: Homemade Lentil and ham soup
Dinner: Grilled chicken with courgette spaghetti, peppers, onions, lemon, garlic, parsley and Parmesan
Snack: Tea and two ginger snaps
2 Litres of Water

I manage to hit 10k steps yesterday going for a 45 min walk with the wee one in the pram, no chance I can do it now I'm back at work though.

Lee
05-01-2016, 10:20 PM
When I first lost a bit of weight, I cut all sweet stuff and processed food out of the diet. All fizzy drinks as well. I was a fiend for snacking and especially Bombay bad boys :drool:

Try the carbs I said and also don't eat too late if possible as it'll sit on your stomach.

That's more or less what I've done. Carbs are fine if it's just weight loss you're after. They keep you full for longer so you won't snack, but they do take longer to shit out so it may seem as though you're delaying any weight loss. You won't be though; it's all about calories in versus calories out. Being mindful of that is the only thing that's ever worked for me.

Kikó
05-01-2016, 10:25 PM
I've just bought this step counter from Groupon if anyone is after one and a cheapo like me.
http://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmbh-6-352

Lee
05-01-2016, 10:31 PM
I'd forget to wear the thing. I just use my phone as it's always in my pocket.

Lewis
05-01-2016, 10:31 PM
I'm going to try to seriously cut back on the carbs for a while. And try to do some HIIT cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays alongside my weightlifting in the gym on Mondays/Wednesday/Fridays.

Anyone tried cutting out/seriously limiting carbs? I don't really know what else to cook or what to replace them with.

You won't get any stronger if you cut-out/reduce carbs, but it sounds like you want to lose weight so whatever. I cut them out completely once for a couple of months and it was horrendous. I lost weight reasonably quickly (until I reached that stage where it comes off too slow to bother with), but I was constantly knackered and having to sleep twelve hours a day.

Andrew
05-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Does that sync with myfitnesspal mate?

ALDI are selling ones like that for 25 quid and a load of other fitness gear and all.

Giggles
05-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Does that sync with myfitnesspal mate?

ALDI are selling ones like that for 25 quid and a load of other fitness gear and all.

I tried syncing things with myfitnesspal before and shag all works. Then when it started forgetting my food I binned it altogether.

Boydy
05-01-2016, 10:38 PM
You won't get any stronger if you cut-out/reduce carbs, but it sounds like you want to lose weight so whatever. I cut them out completely once for a couple of months and it was horrendous. I lost weight reasonably quickly (until I reached that stage where it comes off too slow to bother with), but I was constantly knackered and having to sleep twelve hours a day.

But I'm not going to lose weight either if I have to keep eating loads to gain strength.

Lewis
05-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Well there you go. Bulk 'n' cut (or steroids).

Boydy
05-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Can't I cut n bulk?

Lee
05-01-2016, 10:44 PM
It started forgetting your food? The step measuring thing on my iPhone syncs with My Fitness Pal.

Lewis
05-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Can't I cut n bulk?

Do what you like. I just took your initial phrasing to mean that you still expected to progress with your strength training whilst losing weight. You won't.

Adamski
05-01-2016, 10:48 PM
It started forgetting your food? The step measuring thing on my iPhone syncs with My Fitness Pal.

Same, that's where I noted my 10k steps yesterday.

Haven't had it forget my food either in about 5 years of intermittent use.

Boydy
05-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Do what you like. I just took your initial phrasing to mean that you still expected to progress with your strength training whilst losing weight. You won't.

I did think that. I thought I'd be okay if I ate enough protein, no?

Giggles
05-01-2016, 10:50 PM

I'd enter stuff but each day I'd go to enter food again my recents list would be empty. It used to work before so I'm not sure why.
One day it actually had 3 things from months previously but then it went empty again and I couldn't be arsed searching to find foods from scratch every day.

Storing may well be a premium option, but at a tenner a month they can ram that. I know myself what I should eat anyway and the watch stores my steps.

Lewis
05-01-2016, 10:54 PM
I did think that. I thought I'd be okay if I ate enough protein, no?

You'll just hang on to what you've got. I don't know what would happen if you ate loads and loads and loads of protein to compensate; but I don't suppose you could do that within a weight-losing calorie range anyway.

Andrew
05-01-2016, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up mate I won't bother wasting any cash on it then, my phone tracks my steps as it is anyway.

You can gain muscle and lose weight at the same time if your new to lifting and are over weight without resorting to steroids.

It's when your at you full potential or near enough, then you need to be in a calorie surplus to build muscle 500 calories above TDEE at the most I think it is.

Adamski
06-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Day 2

Breakfast : Granola and a glass of milk
Lunch: Homemade Lentil and ham soup
Dinner: 150g of meatballs, mashed potato, green beans, mushrooms and gravy.
2 Litres of Water
1 cup of coffee

I'm expecting to lose my standard 6lbs water weight in week 1 which should decrease down to 3lbs in weeks 2 and 3 before levelling out at about 1-2lbs ongoing as long as I stick at it.

Giggles
06-01-2016, 08:41 PM
I was on the road again so I'd no food until 6 this evening. No water either though.

Andrew
10-01-2016, 06:35 PM
So first 7 days down, managed the gym 3 times and ate approx 90% clean 5lbs lighter to boot!!

Go me!!!

Giggles
10-01-2016, 06:42 PM
I lost 3lbs this week, though it wasn't the best of weeks especially with the meal and drinks last night at the gig thing and weigh in being this morning. Not a scrap of exercise either, but exercise isn't going to be a factor anyway.
On the road 4 of 5 days this week, probably 5, so I'll need to try make something and just forego the free lunches I can claim through work.

Chrissy
11-01-2016, 09:09 AM
So first 7 days down, managed the gym 3 times and ate approx 90% clean 5lbs lighter to boot!!

Go me!!!

I lost 3lbs this week, though it wasn't the best of weeks especially with the meal and drinks last night at the gig thing and weigh in being this morning. Not a scrap of exercise either, but exercise isn't going to be a factor anyway.
On the road 4 of 5 days this week, probably 5, so I'll need to try make something and just forego the free lunches I can claim through work.

Well done lads

Adamski
12-01-2016, 08:03 PM
8lbs off in the first week :cool: 34 to go

Boydy
12-01-2016, 08:07 PM
8lbs in a week?!

How the hell did you do that?

Adamski
12-01-2016, 09:08 PM
I always tend to lost at least 6lbs in the first week of dieting, so I think my weight in a week past Monday was slightly false. No booze and no unclean foods all week. I tend to lose and put on really quickly which is obviously good and bad!

Giggles
12-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Same as that. Back when I was doing it really properly a few years ago I remember I dropped 13lbs in the first week but could put on 13 in a week no problem at all if I wanted to.

Great going though, has to be a real incentive to keep going strong at it.

Adamski
12-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Yeah, when I'm committed I can drop 3-4 lbs a week easily. Just need to stick at it.

Trying to stay off the booze till end of this month and takeaways till end of Feb and see how it goes. Aiming to be halfway there by that point.

Andrew
13-01-2016, 08:03 AM
Had a full pizza to myself last night:face:

Giggles
13-01-2016, 08:20 AM
I've been trying to have breakfast as it usually can keep me going until I get home again, but it's so hard to stomach :sick:

Adamski
15-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Midweek weigh in puts me another 5lbs off since Monday. If I can keep that weight till Monday's weigh in that's 13lbs in a fortnight which is crazy.

Lee
15-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Down to 12st 10lbs now. My original target was 11st 11lbs (on the basis that it is bang in the middle of my BMI healthy weight range) but I now think I might look a bit too thin. Dunno if that's just me being used to being fat. I'll still aim for that weight but may stop before if I'm happy, or at least put a bit back on when I hit my target if i think that's too slim.

I do need to put the effort in to going to the gym. I've promised myself I will for the past two or threee weeks and done nothing about it. It's a crap time of year for it as. Work is busy, I'm there late a lot and by the time I've had enough I'm too tired to contemplate doing anything else.

Giggles
15-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Gyms are full of absolute wankers anyway. Buy some equipment.

Lee
15-01-2016, 10:16 PM
I'd only go to the work one. I already pay a fiver a month for the privilege so might as well use it. When I used it before it was mostly empty.

Lewis
15-01-2016, 10:20 PM
I found out today that everybody at my gym (except the owner who I actually speak to) thinks I'm called Kevin.

Giggles
15-01-2016, 10:31 PM
I'd only go to the work one. I already pay a fiver a month for the privilege so might as well use it. When I used it before it was mostly empty.

My old place had one of them, pound a month, though me and a mate built up one ourselves in his garage and had a class setup. Was getting so fit too before I moved back to Ireland. Company is too small and haven't the room for my own now :(

Offshore Toon
17-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Bad, bad, bad weekend. Ended up drinking last night because my mate was house sitting at a place with a jacuzzi and loads of booze, then tonight went round a mate's and ended up all getting takeaway.

SvN
17-01-2016, 11:03 PM
I'm in the office and fucking starving. There's no food here and no shops open. I can't see how I can avoid ordering a takeaway.

Lee
18-01-2016, 10:16 PM
I went to the gym for the first time after work and I'm fucked. I couldn't run 5k which was disapponting as I could do so comfortably a couple of years go. I'll build up to that though.

I think I overdid the weights. Too many reps with weights which are at the limit of what I can manage at the minute. What's the best route to not having an old man body? High weights, low reps or the other way around?

Anyway, I'm inching ever closer to my target weight. 12st 8lbs now. I always tend to shift it at weekends when I go for long walks.

Boydy
18-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Isn't it too late for you to not have an old man body?

Andrew
18-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Stayed the same this week, but on the bright side I managed 3 days of full body work outs and three 30 min runs.

Reg
18-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Depends what your goals are Lee? 5x5 for strength and 3x8 for endurance, I think most agree is a good guide.

Lee
25-01-2016, 09:25 AM
12st 6lbs now. Another 2lbs and I'll hit the 3st off mark. Very happy indeed.

Boydy
25-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Fucking hell. Over how long was that?

I've been rubbish recently. Not even been to the gym last week and have mostly ate crap. It was because I spent most of my waking hours in the library though. Same again this week but will start fixing it again next week.

Giggles
25-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Great stuff Lee. Did you do much other than the exercise or was that the main factor?

I'm hoping there's some magic secret other than exercise...

Boydy
25-01-2016, 10:03 AM
He just did (quite a lot of) walking, didn't he?

And eating healthily.

Lee
25-01-2016, 10:10 AM
I started on 1st November, Boyd.

It's hard to quantify the reasons but I think diet has been far more influential than exercise. The latter obviously helps though and until last week that just consisted of walking. I've started at the gym now which I'm enjoying so far, but that's about vanity rather than fitness.

With the diet it has been calorie restriction but I'm not eating boring stuff; I'm just more careful about what I put in my meals and my portions are smaller. I've cut out snacks and fizzy drinks too, although I did have a bar of chocolate last night. I decided I could justify it if I ran to the shop and back.

Two weeks today I'm flying to Norway for four nights and I fully intend to gorge on whale and reindeer and whatever else they eat up there.

Jimmy Floyd
25-01-2016, 10:12 AM
When I lost some weight, exercise had essentially no impact. It's all about diet.

Giggles
25-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Walking is exercise and it's something I don't have the time for.
Regarding the eating, I just don't think I can do it now so I'm close to giving up. I did it before but I need to immerse myself fully in it and it's just impossible to do when you're not single. Every week there's a family dinner or a party or a concert or something and it just blows it all completely.

Lee
25-01-2016, 10:14 AM
That's my understanding. The walking became more of a thing because it gives me time to listen to podcasts and music, and just generally de-stress after work.

Lee
25-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Walking is exercise and it's something I don't have the time for.
Regarding the eating, I just don't think I can do it now so I'm close to giving up. I did it before but I need to immerse myself fully in it and it's just impossible to do when you're not single. Every week there's a family dinner or a party or a concert or something and it just blows it all completely.

What you need to is be a miserable cunt like me and not engage in these things. Family dinners make me want to cry.

Giggles
25-01-2016, 10:18 AM
What you need to is be a miserable cunt like me and not engage in these things. Family dinners make me want to cry.

I can't expect her to put everything on hold because I have no self control. Maybe I'll find a way round it but I have no will power or mentality around this in the way that if I know I'll be eating bad stuff on Saturday then it'll be my excuse to buy that sausage and bacon sandwich and crisps on Tuesday. I don't seem to have anything in between 100% and 0% commitment.

Kikó
25-01-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm doing a teetox (http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/bootea-teatox-60035242?istCompanyId=8b7eb14d-bd9c-4f8a-aec2-4349bbabb5a0&istItemId=irrirrptp&istBid=tztx&gclid=CP-MwY3gxMoCFUeVGwodsp0KaQ)at the moment. Day two and I've not had any ill effects yet. Even had a kale, banana, cucumber and almond milk smoothie this morning.

I've been eating loads of deserts recently so need to get a grip on it.

Giggles
25-01-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm doing a teetox (http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/bootea-teatox-60035242?istCompanyId=8b7eb14d-bd9c-4f8a-aec2-4349bbabb5a0&istItemId=irrirrptp&istBid=tztx&gclid=CP-MwY3gxMoCFUeVGwodsp0KaQ)at the moment. Day two and I've not had any ill effects yet. Even had a kale, banana, cucumber and almond milk smoothie this morning.

That would be pretty dry. You'd need a drink with those.

Kikó
25-01-2016, 10:38 AM
The smoothie would be dry? Consistency was right actually, just not the most exciting of flavours.

Davgooner
25-01-2016, 10:55 AM
This is the way forward:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYOmjehWEAUP5UU.jpg

Giggles
25-01-2016, 11:01 AM
This is the way forward:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYOmjehWEAUP5UU.jpg

That sounds so depressing. Too much green.

Boydy
25-01-2016, 11:10 AM

Sounds like shitting the bed is a real risk with that.