PDA

View Full Version : How do you do your hair? (sponsored by Foe)

Spoonsky
18-10-2015, 10:34 PM
To follow from the Mugshot Thread a bit. My hair tends to go to shit once it gets the slightest bit long, which is annoying because I don't really want to get a haircut every two months. I've always thought of this as something that I don't really have any control over, but I'm beginning to realize that that may not be the case. But I also don't know what to do about it. I've never wanted to use hair gel or anything but perhaps I should reconsider.

So: how do you do your hair? And are you happy with it? Do you even have any??

Giggles
18-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Been giving it a 0 all over for 20 years.

Lee
18-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Pretty much an old fashioned short back and sides with the rest just being ruffled about into a semi-smart 'style'. I don't really care about fashion/grooming beyond not wanting to go to work looking like a tramp/hippy.

Lewis
18-10-2015, 11:12 PM
I get a two on the sides and ask for it to be cut (with scissors) a 'bit longer' on the top. I'm thinking of growing it out a bit, but I think I'll look like Fred West because it's quite fluffy and I don't actually do any 'styling'. I've never worn hair gel or anything in my life, so I was well ahead of the trend there when people used to lol at it.

phonics
18-10-2015, 11:27 PM
I was thinking about getting an 'undercut' the other day but I couldn't bare to be the sort of wanker who asks for a specific type of haircut and bottled it.

Lee
18-10-2015, 11:32 PM
I get a two on the sides and ask for it to be cut (with scissors) a 'bit longer' on the top.

Exactly the same. I'd love that to be the extent of the conversation but the cheerful fuckers always want a chat. I hate having my haircut; I just want to get in, get it cut, pay, then fuck off. I don't care what she's doing at the weekend.

John
18-10-2015, 11:38 PM
I was thinking about getting an 'undercut' the other day but I couldn't bare to be the sort of wanker who asks for a specific type of haircut and bottled it.

It's nice that fear of being one sort of wanker has stopped you becoming a far worse sort of wanker.

I shave my head.

mugbull
18-10-2015, 11:40 PM
I get a "2 on the sides and longer on the top" as well, as does about 75% of the Western male population. People should give a fuck how they look imo, its a pretty critical aspect of the human experience

Lewis
18-10-2015, 11:45 PM
You look like a Chinese person trying to pass as white.

Boydy
19-10-2015, 12:00 AM
I het a 7 round the back and sides and cut on top. I wear 'texturising gum' in it to ruffle it up a bit and keep my fringe off my forehead.

I hate getting my hair cut because of the small talk too. I think I might have posted before about how it's annoying that all the barber shops around here are run by women. At least with men there's football to talk about.

Yevrah
19-10-2015, 12:04 AM
After getting my hair cut by one of the same group of women at the same hairdressers every time for the last 4 years, I think I've finally cracked the horrendous small talk issue and actually quite get on with them now. For the 20 minutes they're cutting my hair for at any rate.

mugbull
19-10-2015, 12:27 AM

Bizarre

Spoonsky
19-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Do you all get your hair cut by foreigners as well? I have a Salvadorian lady here and a Burmese lady in California. It makes the small-talk slightly more interesting when you spend half the time trying to figure out what they've just said.

I've always fancied the idea of cutting my own hair but been too scared that it would turn out a disaster. Which is probably a good thing in high school. Maybe when I've moved to Vermont and become a hermit I'll give it a shot.

It's true. :D

Spoonsky
19-10-2015, 12:44 AM
Another pertinent question would be how often you get your hair cut. I realize that I really have no idea what a standard amount of time is between haircuts.

Magic
19-10-2015, 06:46 AM
2 at the back and sides and either a 6 on top or scissor cut. Same for the last 8 years.

Frequency is about once every month and a half.

Luca
19-10-2015, 06:54 AM
I too prescribe to the "short on the sides and back and longer on top" theory, but I generally need to use product on the top because I've got curly locks.

Mazuuurk
19-10-2015, 07:59 AM
First I wash with shampoo then conditioner. Then I leave this leave-in balm for about 3,5 minutes, to further soften up my hair as it can get a little thick. After that I apply a little wax for volume, only organic of course, and then a splosh of sea-salt spray to give that extra casual "spent-the-day-at-the-beach" look. Nothing special really.

Benny
19-10-2015, 08:07 AM
0.5 grade fade into a 1 on the back and sides, and just a bit off the top, which I ruffle. A bit like this, but not quite as long.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/87/6d/1b/876d1b04db7a0fa0aba7ecb4f2f5225f.jpg

Davgooner
19-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Normally a 1 or a 2 all over.

Lewis
19-10-2015, 11:09 AM
First I wash with shampoo then conditioner. Then I leave this leave-in balm for about 3,5 minutes, to further soften up my hair as it can get a little thick. After that I apply a little wax for volume, only organic of course, and then a splosh of sea-salt spray to give that extra casual "spent-the-day-at-the-beach" look. Nothing special really.

When does the Brasso come into it?

simon
19-10-2015, 11:44 AM
A 1 faded into a 3 then longish on top so I can quiff it over. It looks wonderful.

Sam
19-10-2015, 11:58 AM
1 on the side, bit of tiny trim on top which is combed to the side with wax.

igor_balis
19-10-2015, 12:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cUV-uAjQQM

Pepe
19-10-2015, 12:48 PM
I just tell them to do whatever they want. I've been to multiple places and I always end up with the same haircut, so I will stick to my strategy. As for frequency, anywhere between two and six months depending on my laziness. I usually let it grow way more than I should and it starts looking like a mess but I can't be arsed to go get a haircut.

Spammer
19-10-2015, 12:59 PM
I turn up at the barbers and say "three months please" and he cuts it. That's pretty much it for the last 10 years.

SvN
19-10-2015, 01:06 PM
I get mine done every two weeks. My hair is fluffy and straight, and grows outwards at the sides rather than getting longer. After a couple of weeks it starts to look ridiculous.

Magic
19-10-2015, 01:07 PM
http://img01.deviantart.net/dd10/i/2005/202/c/3/calamity_james_by_splapp_me_do.png

Benny
19-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I get mine done every two weeks. My hair is fluffy and straight, and grows outwards at the sides rather than getting longer. After a couple of weeks it starts to look ridiculous.

Every two weeks as well, but mainly because I like having the short sides and that grows back within a couple of weeks.

Cord
19-10-2015, 01:29 PM
My 'order' seems to get more complicated every time I go, but I think at the moment it's a 4 or 5 on the back and sides and a 7 on top with 'leave the fringe a bit longer', as I need a quiffy thing to help disguise my massive potato head.

It looks shite.

Spammer
19-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Every two weeks as well, but mainly because I like having the short sides and that grows back within a couple of weeks.

Isn't it cheaper just to buy a shaver yourself?

Benny
19-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Isn't it cheaper just to buy a shaver yourself?

It would be if I had faith in doing a fade myself, as it is I don't think I could. I'm happy to spend £20 a month on my hair really, at least that way it looks neat and done properly.

SvN
19-10-2015, 02:29 PM
I got my wife to do the sides for me once and it was a disaster. Never again.

Foe
19-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Hair is over rated.

Reg
19-10-2015, 04:12 PM
2 on sides, faded into 3 on top. Shaved basically.

I gave up on my hair when I got that early twenties disappearance of hair on the sides of the front bit.

P_3
19-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Was getting a 2 on the sides and back for absolutely ages. Last year tried the 1 on the sides and back and my life has never been the same since. So good. :drool:

niko_cee
19-10-2015, 04:20 PM
I get mine done by a gay Romanian in Rottingdean. The chat is OK as I have been going there for a while now, sufficiently long to not have to say what I want (result). Apparently I have the same hair as Boydy, although I have been foregoing the styling products for a number of years. About every 2 months is the required interval. Was miffed at the weekend as I was in a hurry and the chap in front of me wanted his only cut with scissors and was very non-specific about what he wanted, which meant waiting ages. He did seem a bit simple though, so it was hard to over seethe the situation.

Benny
19-10-2015, 04:21 PM
You can't really tell the difference with grades down a number anyway, might as well go one shorter and your cut will last a little longer.

Waffdon
19-10-2015, 06:51 PM

Ditto, buddy.

The Merse
19-10-2015, 07:23 PM
I probably care a lot more than others on here. Used to be a long haired cunt, now it's a 1 on the sides and about 2 inches fringe longer on one side to create a swept wave, graduating to quarter of an inch at the back. Swept up and over, a lot of blow drying every morning but I prefer to keep in good nick.

Pen
19-10-2015, 07:37 PM
I have that Arsenal/pineapple hair cut, and I've had it in slightly different lengths for about five years now. As I'm not a child anymore I can't really grow my hair much longer and going as short as 2 or 3 really isn't an option as I like having some hair, so I don't think there are many options for me left.

edit: And I got o the barbers every two months or so with the missus doing the sides once in between.

Mazuuurk
19-10-2015, 10:09 PM
When does the Brasso come into it?

Never, why would I use that?

Raoul Duke
20-10-2015, 08:46 PM
I have a kinda side parting thing where it's shorter (2) down the sides. It's not quite the same haircut that everyone has (e.g. Arsenal) but not too far off, but a bit longer.

I go every other pay day, so two months, to a hipster place down the road.