PDA

View Full Version : ASDA Pizza

Pages : [1] 2 3

Samadini
16-10-2015, 06:57 AM
Superstores nationwide are scrapping their shitty cafés and turning them into diners. There you'll be able to buy 16" pizzas made to order and cooked there and then for you, all for a fiver.

Anyone in the know is aware that the 14" pizzas made to order to take home to cook are the tits and makes the idea of paying 390 quid for a dominos seem foolish at best, so the possibility of being able to walk round the store munching on one already cooked whilst you wait for your other pizza to be made is exciting.

Early reports suggest the quality is still amazing, but at the moment only a couple of stores in Coventry have it set up. So keep an eye open and report back with your findings lads.

Anyone had the calzone? I've not tried it yet. How do you get your 14" made? Will reveal mine later, got to start work now.

niko_cee
16-10-2015, 07:12 AM
My only criticism of them is that they can be a bit big for normal ovens/trays etc - although this could be due to the fact that I usually have them cooked in a gas oven which is probably a bit of an anachronism.

I go Pepperoni, Peppers, Mushrooms, Red Onions, Garlic oil and probably on one of those thinner stonebaked bases.

The lack of an olive option is also a bit annoying.

Mazuuurk
16-10-2015, 07:35 AM
the 14" pizzas made to order to take home to cook

Someone explain this to me? We don't have this concept in Sweden. Then again we have a funny pizza culture (to others).
It's like a pizza-place inside of a supermarket?

Giggles
16-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Someone explain this to me? We don't have this concept in Sweden. Then again we have a funny pizza culture (to others).
It's like a pizza-place inside of a supermarket?

It's just basically the deli type counter where you you buy stuff like pies, cheese, ham, etc. They'll throw whatever stuff you want on a pizza base, cover it with cling film, and you whack it in the oven when you go home.

Raoul Duke
16-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Yeah, pretty much. You turn up at a kind of deli thing and pick what you want on it then they make it up/wrap it and you take it home.

:eyemouth:

Benny
16-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Do they not do this in Sainsburys too? Feel like I've walked past the counter enough times.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 07:45 AM
There's quite a few doing them I think. Super Valu do them here and I'm sure I got them in a Co-Op and Sainsburys your end.

Mazuuurk
16-10-2015, 08:04 AM
And it costs 5 quid? But is it any better than you know the frozen ones you can get for like 3 quid?

Also, is it worth not just going to a Pizza place and get a proper pizza for like 9 quid instead?

Giggles
16-10-2015, 08:06 AM
And it costs 5 quid? But is it any better than you know the frozen ones you can get for like 3 quid?

Also, is it worth not just going to a Pizza place and get a proper pizza for like 9 quid instead?

I find them far nicer than either of those. Yeah there's the extra cost associated with cooking it, but it's worth it for me.

Best pizza I've had.

wullie
16-10-2015, 08:44 AM
I hate Asda for everything other than the pizza counter, I go all garlic with it. Sainsbury's one is alright, but the pizza dough is about 300% your weekly bread allowance.

Samadini
16-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Sainsburys have cooked in store for years but their topping selection is shit.

ASDA are the pizza kings. Bit of sweet talking will get you both garlic and chilli oil drizzled on, too.

Benny
16-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Pizza and FIFA sometime?

:gay:

John
16-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Is the Tesco pizza counter any good? I usually just buy those frozen 'Sloppy Joe' pizzas we've talked about before if I'm in the mood for a pizza, but if their counter is up to scratch I think I'll get one tonight.

Boydy
16-10-2015, 01:04 PM
I bought a pizza last night from a normal takeaway pizza place. It was eight quid for a small (10") pizza with a few bits of salami, pepperoni, peppers and some chilli sauce. Rip-off. There must be such a ridiculous profit margin on pizza. Domino's is a ridiculously priced. It's not very nice either.

Benny
16-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Domino's a massive bag of shit, there used to be a great local place for pizza but I drove past the other week and it was closed down. A real shame, as it was one of the rare places that wasn't expensive and the pizza box didn't have a massive grease stain once you lifted the pizza off it.

leedsrevolution
16-10-2015, 02:03 PM
My local pizza take away is immense. 5 quid for 11 inch and no grease on the bottom of the box. I used to love the Asda ones but these guys have taken the crown for now.

igor_balis
16-10-2015, 02:04 PM
I think Domino's pizzas are nice, but they are really expensive. I looked at their site on Tuesday, and even with the half-price deal it is still a rip-off.

Sam
16-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Not ventured yet as the nearest Asda to me is a solid bus ride away, and for that, I truly can't be bothered as at the bottom of my street is a fantastic joint. Top quality pizza, no grease, no skipping on the toppings and cheese, comes with some lovely wedges and chicken strips. Unbelievable value.

That said, my takeaway craving has been taken over by the homemade burger place a few doors up.

Davgooner
16-10-2015, 03:20 PM
I'd worry about anything that's being piloted in Coventry.

Lewis
16-10-2015, 03:25 PM
The calzone is a bit shit because it's literally just a folded-over base. Who wants a crispy calzone?

Shindig
16-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Speaking of pizza and supermarkets, I've just won a free Pizza at Pizza Express from a one I nabbed at Tesco. I mean, I like free stuff but don't rate their pizzas enough to sit down somewhere that isn't home to eat one.

Disco
16-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Dominos is one of those things (like Burger King) that is clearly awful but must have something in it that lies dormant in my brain for months on end before triggering a craving that can only be satisfied by over something overpriced that's made mostly from bread and salt.

I have pineapple on it too, because I'm a monster.

Boydy
16-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Speaking of pizza and supermarkets, I've just won a free Pizza at Pizza Express from a one I nabbed at Tesco. I mean, I like free stuff but don't rate their pizzas enough to sit down somewhere that isn't home to eat one.

I don't know about the terms of your win but you can get takeaway from them too. Also, their pizzas are much nicer than the ones that are sold in supermarkets under their branding.

randomlegend
16-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Pizza Express gets an undeservedly harsh rap on here, IMO.

Samadini
16-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Just stopped at Wembley to pick one up from ASDA. Added 40 minutes onto my journey home, given I had a good mooch around the shop, but worth it.

Wherever I move to needs to be close to an ASDA and an Aldi.

randomlegend
16-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Going to watch League of Legends at Wembley arena on Sunday. :cool:

Lewis
16-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Just stopped at Wembley to pick one up from ASDA. Added 40 minutes onto my journey home, given I had a good mooch around the shop, but worth it.

Wherever I move to needs to be close to an ASDA and an Aldi.

Did they make you leave the order and toss off for twenty minutes? Norwich Asda used to do that, but the Hull ones just let you queue. It gets violent during Friday/Saturday rush hour, but it's much quicker and better normally.

John
16-10-2015, 05:49 PM
I've grabbed a fourteen inch 'meat feast' pizza from Tesco for four quid. I couldn't be arsed waiting around to get one made up, but if this one is good I will do next time.

Shindig
16-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Pizza Express gets an undeservedly harsh rap on here, IMO.

The one I've just had wasn't too bad. If I go for a takeaway, I'll grab a 12" from my local. Greasy as fuck but still nice.

Boydy
16-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Yeah. The actual place (as opposed to the supermarket ones) is pretty decent. Much nicer than shitty Domino's and still cheaper.

Samadini
16-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Did they make you leave the order and toss off for twenty minutes? Norwich Asda used to do that, but the Hull ones just let you queue. It gets violent during Friday/Saturday rush hour, but it's much quicker and better normally.

Yep, it's fucking bollocks as I've ended up buying a jar of 'sweet curry sauce' almost solely because it was reduced, they also had some dog treats down to 25p, so I bought them too. Going to have to post them to Frank.

Shindig
16-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Well, the voucher's only valid for dine in. I mean, its right by work but can't be arsed to sit in for an 11".

Dquincy
16-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Asda pizzas, aren't they for common people? Not meant to sound rude, but I had one once when i was younger and the only good thing about it was the large size. The flavour was a bit off.

Surely, you'd go Tesco Finest if you wanted a nice pizza?

Lewis
16-10-2015, 06:09 PM
What a wanker.

John
16-10-2015, 06:10 PM
Asda pizzas, aren't they for common people? Not meant to sound rude, but I had one once when i was younger and the only good thing about it was the large size. The flavour was a bit off.

Alright, Magic.

Marks and Spencer's eight quid ones are much better than Tesco Finest, so you're still getting the common option.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 06:10 PM

That's not comparing the same thing though. These Asda ones aren't in a freezer in a box, they make them up for you fresh to cook.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Dominos worst crime is that they don't do chips. The pizzas are grand.

Lewis
16-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Domino's is decent enough, but they would be taking the piss at half the price. Is it consistency that keeps it going (as in people not wanting to risk a local takeaway being awful and/or infected)?

Dquincy
16-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Lewis, Domino's pepperoni pizza tastes like sick after a few bites.

John, Have not had an M&S pizza in years. Any good?

M&S sausage rolls with the bacon bits on top are delicious.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Domino's is decent enough, but they would be taking the piss at half the price. Is it consistency that keeps it going (as in people not wanting to risk a local takeaway being awful and/or infected)?

Marketing. Dominos is the thing to do for the ladbible lot.

randomlegend
16-10-2015, 06:32 PM
They come and give all the freshers vouchers at the Unis (well, at UEA at least) which captures the student market pretty well I think.

Samadini
16-10-2015, 06:33 PM
I agree with those who think Dominos tastes good, but I just looked and I can buy 5 of the superior Asda pizzas for the price of one large mighty meaty from Dominos.

The best thing about Dominos is that they now do a massive pot of the garlic dip. The worst thing about the pizzas themselves is that you need a shower after eating one slice for all the fucking semolina left on you.

John
16-10-2015, 06:36 PM
John, Have not had an M&S pizza in years. Any good?

Obviously. Their toppings can be a bit wanky, I clocked one with butternut squash on it the other week, but stick to the proper toppings and they're great.

Good marketing will play a part in it, as it does for Budweiser, but I reckon they're staying afloat purely on that garlic and herb dip they do.

Samadini
16-10-2015, 06:45 PM
I've just inhaled the whole thing and gone blind.

Lewis
16-10-2015, 06:51 PM
They come and give all the freshers vouchers at the Unis (well, at UEA at least) which captures the student market pretty well I think.

That Ukrainian dickhead I lived with used to get about four a week. One came at half-three in the morning once, and he wasn't back in time to collect it. I was absolutely seething.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Should have ate it or chucked it out and said fuck all.

Lewis
16-10-2015, 06:59 PM
I shut the door on the delivery twat after he said 'It's alright I'll give him a ring' having just bashed our door off its hinges.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2015, 07:00 PM
They came last year to Herts (halfway through the year for some job thing) and were giving out free slices.

Bam
16-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Asda or Papa Johns.

Ian
16-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Obviously. Their toppings can be a bit wanky, I clocked one with butternut squash on it the other week, but stick to the proper toppings and they're great.

Sainsburys have one with butternut squash on, a few of which seem to be on the reduced shelf every time I go in and yet they're apparently persisting. It looks vile.

niko_cee
16-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Making your own pizza is the real way forward. The dough can be a pain in the arse, but a decent bread machine sorts that. No need for any of that stone in the oven shite either, a conventional fan oven cranked up to 11 is more than hot enough to do a decent job.

Disco
16-10-2015, 09:09 PM
You can pre-make the dough and freeze it, makes the prep much easier.

niko_cee
16-10-2015, 09:16 PM
I've never had any success with frozen dough. It just ends up unimaginably sticky every time I have tried it.

Lewis
16-10-2015, 09:17 PM
This New Labour reunion is good.

Mazuuurk
16-10-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm still not buying this ASDA pizza stuff. Google images suggest it's not much better than frozen pizza or Pizza Hut or crap like that.

Does someone have a decent picture of one?

I'm very picky with Pizza, mind you, and will only really enjoy either homemade or proper stone-oven baked pizzas from these sort of deli-like hipstery italian places that have high bar stools, lounge music and serve too little wine in too big glasses.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 09:24 PM
I think you've just described my hell.

Mazuuurk
16-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Not saying all the places like that are necessarily nice. And they tend to charge a little too much (like, 13 quid?) for what is essentially still just a pizza. But, they do taste a lot better and after having had a few proper pizzas like that, you can't go back to any sort of greasy shit anymore.

It's the same with all these Gastro burger places. I wouldn't be able to touch a burger from McDonalds these days.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Not saying all the places like that are necessarily nice. And they tend to charge a little too much (like, 13 quid?) for what is essentially still just a pizza. But, they do taste a lot better and after having had a few proper pizzas like that, you can't go back to any sort of greasy shit anymore.

It's the same with all these Gastro burger places. I wouldn't be able to touch a burger from McDonalds these days.

I'd go for McDonalds ahead of the pretentious shite that most burger places here have turned into these days. Everything catered to hipster cunts. Luckily the local pub does a good one though and it's just a pub.

igor_balis
16-10-2015, 09:37 PM
I do like the asda deli counter pizzas and their ilk, but they're enjoyable in a kind of dirty way. They're pretty average quality, and good just because there's shit loads of meat crammed onto it. Nowt wrong with that like, but nowt wrong with saying more expensive poncey stuff is, well, better. Reverse snobbery can be as irritating as the orthodox kind.

randomlegend
16-10-2015, 09:43 PM
There's a little pizza place opened in Norwich which just does a few different types of pizza baked in a proper wood oven.

It's really, really good.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 09:43 PM
I do like the asda deli counter pizzas and their ilk, but they're enjoyable in a kind of dirty way. They're pretty average quality, and good just because there's shit loads of meat crammed onto it. Nowt wrong with that like, but nowt wrong with saying more expensive poncey stuff is, well, better. Reverse snobbery can be as irritating as the orthodox kind.

It's more the fact that, while generally regarded as better, they're not 3x or 4x better as the price would suggest.
I still prefer the Asda ones personally though. All favcy restaurant ones tend to be the stone bsked type and I find them too dry and coveted in flour. Gives me cotton mouth.

randomlegend
16-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Well made pizzas and good service. Choice of toppings very limited. Tough if you you don't really want pizza. No fish option

What a review that is, from Tripadvisor :D

igor_balis
16-10-2015, 09:52 PM
It's more the fact that, while generally regarded as better, they're not 3x or 4x better as the price would suggest.
I still prefer the Asda ones personally though. All favcy restaurant ones tend to be the stone bsked type and I find them too dry and coveted in flour. Gives me cotton mouth.

3x or 4x more? Aren't the big deli pizzas about £4? Either supermarkets are actually charging over a tenner for pizzas, or you're talking about restaurants. In which case, well, I don't really need to explain the price differential.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Paying for some twat to be rude to you and rush you through your dinner so he can get the next cunt at your table? Worth it.

randomlegend
16-10-2015, 10:05 PM
The vast majority of service staff I've ever come across have been perfectly nice.

I think it's you, mate.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 10:07 PM
The vast majority of service staff I've ever come across have been perfectly nice.

I think it's you, mate.

I don't do anything to warrant it. Even if the food or service is bad I'd never complain or anything. I just don't go back if it is.

Most service staff hate their jobs and their performance reflects it.

Mate.

Samadini
17-10-2015, 02:14 AM
There's no reverse snobbery going on here. I've spent my TD lifespan discussing pizza, I genuinely prefer the Asda pizza to more expensive stuff. I didn't even get any meat at all on the one I bought last night, went for stonebaked base, BBQ sauce, mozzarella slices, chilli cheese, jalapenos and red onion, was banging.

Mazuuurk
17-10-2015, 07:28 AM

Paying for some twat to be rude to you and rush you through your dinner so he can get the next cunt at your table? Worth it.

What the fuck kind of restaurants do you go to to have that sort of experience?

Luca
17-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Favcy ones.

Mazuuurk
17-10-2015, 08:01 AM
No horrible and overpriced ones it seems.

Nothing wrong with fancy restaurants but Giggles must have gone to the worst possible restaurants.

Dquincy
17-10-2015, 08:04 AM
That Ukrainian dickhead I lived with used to get about four a week. One came at half-three in the morning once, and he wasn't back in time to collect it. I was absolutely seething.

I shut the door on the delivery twat after he said 'It's alright I'll give him a ring' having just bashed our door off its hinges.

What a tough chap you are.

Dquincy
17-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Honest Burger is good.

Anyone been to one of them?

Magic
17-10-2015, 08:07 AM
Pizzas are shite. Extremely limited, and there's not much difference between shop bought and restaurant. You'd have to be an utter fool to pay more than £7 for one. I checked Pizza Hut delivery as I had a voucher for money off and fucking lol'd at their prices. How are they in business?

Samadini
17-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Fwiw I'm not comparing Asda pizzas to fancy sit down places at all, this is a different kettle of fish. It's up against frozen or chilled supermarket pizzas or picking up from your Dominos and Pizza Huts, something to have at home for tea.

Decent sit down restaurant pizza can be had at Princi in London for around £11 which doesn't seem like too much, but going out in London is a fucking pain most of the time.

Magic
17-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Surely there are better offerings? I always joke with whoever I'm dining with that we can spot the lower classes quite easily as they always opt for the Pizza.

Mazuuurk
17-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Fwiw I'm not comparing Asda pizzas to fancy sit down places at all, this is a different kettle of fish. It's up against frozen or chilled supermarket pizzas or picking up from your Dominos and Pizza Huts, something to have at home for tea.

Decent sit down restaurant pizza can be had at Princi in London for around £11 which doesn't seem like too much, but going out in London is a fucking pain most of the time.

Fair enough, that makes more sense to me.

Samadini
17-10-2015, 08:18 AM
For £4 I doubt it.

Mazuuurk
17-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Surely there are better offerings? I always joke with whoever I'm dining with that we can spot the lower classes quite easily as they always opt for the Pizza.

Oh yeah the horrors of having to eat in the same establishments as average plebs. I bet you won't even bring your Monocle for fear of a good lynching. If only times were better.

Luca
17-10-2015, 08:23 AM
A well-made pizza is great; unfortunately, very few places get it right.

Princi (and thus Sama) knows the score.

Mazuuurk
17-10-2015, 08:26 AM
That Princi place does look quite nice from the images of the food.

I usually go to this place in Stockholm:
http://panevino.se/

Dquincy
17-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Two interesting pizzas.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/images/2013/06/20130527-clam-pizza-1.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2788/pizza002b1ecf82bg1.jpg

Luca
17-10-2015, 08:46 AM
That Princi place does look quite nice from the images of the food.

I usually go to this place in Stockholm:
http://panevino.se/

For a chain restaurant, Vapiano actually does a pretty nice pizza. I went to the one in Gamla Stan opposite the T-bana.

randomlegend
17-10-2015, 09:18 AM
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186342-d8288163-Reviews-Donnelli_s_Pizzeria-Norwich_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html

This is the one in Norwich.

Luca
17-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Can't go wrong with a wood-fired pizza.

Giggles
17-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Favcy ones.

Happens on a phone. A bit like birth/berth mixups, just can't be helped at times.

Giggles
17-10-2015, 09:29 AM
What the fuck kind of restaurants do you go to to have that sort of experience?

I'm not sure what you mean by the top one, but I just don't like those stone baked Italian type pizza bases. The yanks can do pizza base but in this part of the world every restaurant feels the need to copy the stone baked kind and it's just not for me.

Yevrah
17-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Dominos is tasty, but obviously expensive and I'm simply not buying that the deli counter at Asda is that good.

The pizzas from the Tesco one are bang average.

Samadini
17-10-2015, 11:54 AM
As are the Morrisons ones. Asda or nothing. Your loss if you won't try them.

Yevrah
17-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Oh I'll give them a crack, but I'll do so whilst bracing myself for disappointment.

Samadini
17-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Make sure you do it right then, start with a stonebaked base, make mozzarella slices one of your toppings, get it beasted in oil, head to the cinema, grab a Tango Ice Blast, get home, turn off all the lights, get FM on the go and only move to piss, shit, or pick up a slice you dropped on the floor.

Yevrah
17-10-2015, 12:05 PM
How long do they keep for? The nearest Asda is miles away from me so I'd have to pick 3 or 4 up for it to be worth the bother.

Samadini
17-10-2015, 12:07 PM
No idea to be honest, I've only resisted one staring at me in the fridge for a couple of days at most.

Lewis
17-10-2015, 03:46 PM
In relation to the issue of poncey burgers, I went to one of those Byron burger places today (in Chiswick). It tasted like Burger King.

Foe
17-10-2015, 05:22 PM
I used to love the chicken topped stuffed crust asda pizza a few years ago. Came back from a year in Shetland and they'd changed it. It's now a waste of time.

I'm very much into those little pizza express pizzas you can get. I then buy a packet of 200g of cooked chicken breast and pile that (and some extra cheese) on top. Winner winner. Chicken dinner.

igor_balis
17-10-2015, 05:28 PM
In relation to the issue of poncey burgers, I went to one of those Byron burger places today (in Chiswick). It tasted like Burger King.

I went to Almost Famous in Manchester, and it was one the worst burgers I've ever had. I thought Five Guys was piss poor as well.

Adamski
17-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Your hatred of "hipsters" is actually quite funny. The burgers being produced in these places are light years ahead of anything McDonald's does. Seems strange just to hate something different that tastes great for no reason.

Giggles

Giggles
17-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Your hatred of "hipsters" is actually quite funny. The burgers being produced in these places are light years ahead of anything McDonald's does. Seems strange just to hate something different that tastes great for no reason.

Giggles

I don't have to miss out though. Like I said above, my local does a great range of burgers without being full of insufferable cunts or the place being full of its own self importance.
It's out at the moment unfortunately as my day for going was Sunday and it's clashing every week with the 'Ireland' rugby games so it's packed with bandwagoners. They'll be out soon enough though hopefully.

Mazuuurk
18-10-2015, 11:19 AM
For a chain restaurant, Vapiano actually does a pretty nice pizza. I went to the one in Gamla Stan opposite the T-bana.

Yeah Vapiano isn't half bad. Although that place definitely is a bit more surface than substance, so to say. The olive trees and basil plants and lounge music and shit makes the ambiance quite nice, but the Pizzas are nice but a tad overpriced (much like the beer).

I'm not sure what you mean by the top one, but I just don't like those stone baked Italian type pizza bases. The yanks can do pizza base but in this part of the world every restaurant feels the need to copy the stone baked kind and it's just not for me.

If it's one food the Americans can NOT do well, it's Pizza :cab:

They chuck shitloads of bad-quality cheese and these disgusting "pepperoni" slices (of something that I doubt has very much pig in it) on a spongy, too-thick bottom.

Luca
18-10-2015, 11:25 AM
I find it almost inconceivable that someone could taste a stone-baked/wood-fired pizza and prefer a typical American oven-cooked one. Genuinely baffling.

Giggles
18-10-2015, 11:47 AM
I find the base nicer on the American ones I had. You choose the toppings anyway so the base is the main factor for me. And I don't like the stone baked ones. How is that baffling? Do you want it in a different language or something?

Luca
18-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Hindi.

It's quite honestly the first time I've heard anyone say that.

Giggles
18-10-2015, 12:33 PM
The stone bases are too dry and tend to be too floury for me. Nearly a stale consistency. The ones I had in Italy were marginally better than Italian restaurants here, especially when I got a non tomato sauced one. But I'd still have the crisp kind of base the yanks do.

Foe
18-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Wait. I thought there was deep pan (shit, thick) or stonebased (thin, delicious).

Are you implying there's multiple types of thin base?!

Mazuuurk
18-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Giggles I'm confused. I find the American kind of pizza to be thick, doughy, maybe even a tad soggy.

Whereas Stone-oven baked ones will generally be about as crispy as they come.

Giggles
18-10-2015, 04:51 PM
I got one thick doughy one in the States before in Chicago which was rank, but any other I had in southern states was about 5mm thick, minimal crust, and really light. The stone baked type seems more dry in a cotton-wool type way than dry in a crisp type way to me. I don't know if the doughs are different or if it's all down to the cooking.
The ones I had on Italy and Malta all had near 1½ inches of bare crust round the edge which is off putting enough.

Yevrah
18-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Are these the ones we're talking about?

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webstore/landing/home.shtml#/shelf/910000976843

:sherlock:

Magic
18-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Got some cheeky Pizza Express ones for a total of £5 because one was reduced. Job done, fuck paying any more than that.

QE Harold Flair
18-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Takeaway pizzas are ridiculously expensive for what is essentially cheese on toast.

phonics
18-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Two pound sixty? Absolute madness. That would set me back five or six quid over here.

QE Harold Flair
18-10-2015, 05:13 PM
The ones in Lidl cost 75p and they're just as nice as any standard frozen pizza.

Yevrah
18-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Those ASDA ones aren't frozen.

Not that I've tried them, but there we are.

QE Harold Flair
18-10-2015, 05:14 PM
I know, but I'm not sure it really makes much difference.

phonics
18-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Heathen.

Yevrah
18-10-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm possibly with you on that one Hazza.

I'm certainly struggling to understand how those ASDA ones (which look run of the mill) can be so good.

Magic
18-10-2015, 05:19 PM
They aren't, they taste like every other pizza.

Adamski
18-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Isn't it really just Samadini who has cardboard furniture and Lewis who just eats sausages championing them?

Sorry Sama :(

Yevrah
18-10-2015, 05:38 PM
'just eats sausages'

:D

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 06:26 PM
And crisps...

QE Harold Flair
18-10-2015, 06:29 PM
I shudder to think at the state of his bowel.

Mazuuurk
18-10-2015, 06:38 PM
I just read "State" as "Taste" there and had a pretty horrible mental image.

Lewis
18-10-2015, 07:17 PM
My internal organs are fine. That could well be in spite of my lifestyle (like how I never got spots when I was younger and fatter), but I am definitely a physical beast.

We're not saying they're the best pizzas in the world ever. I've definitely had better pizzas in restaurants, and probably even from takeaways. The point is that you will struggle to find a better one for three quid (that is readily available, before Luca bores us about Sicilian street food).

niko_cee
19-10-2015, 07:48 AM
On the subject of US pizza, Grimaldi's under the Brooklyn Bridge. :drool:

But that Pizza Uno Chicago deep dish stuff though? :nono:

Chicago thin crust is alright, though, in my experience (having had it once).

Lewis
27-10-2015, 01:01 AM
One of the Asdas near me now does fresh popcorn. Has anybody else spied that in their local branch? You serve it yourself from the machine, and it's two quid for a mega bucket of the stuff (here (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRbNCi4XAAEjYDH.jpg) is a picture some knobhead put on Twitter), which is a quality price if you're sad enough to eat it at home.

Luca
27-10-2015, 01:09 AM
That's pretty good.

Yevrah
27-10-2015, 01:35 AM
That's good until you realise that, like Kebabs, there's a time and a place for some foodstuffs.

phonics
27-10-2015, 09:43 AM
You don't want popcorn from a machine. You have no idea how often/who changes that shit. Just stick to the boxes you put in a microwave.

Magic
27-10-2015, 10:33 AM
Yesterday I had a £9.95!!! pepperoni pizza from Pizza hut (sitting in) and I can absolutely confirm it was definitely not 3x better than an ASDA one, in fact it was exactly the fucking same. 6 small slices, £9.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-10-2015, 12:14 PM
I got a stonebaked with bacon, pepperoni, chillies, mushrooms, onions and chorizo with chilli oil for £4.50.

It was damn nice.

Magic
27-10-2015, 12:37 PM
When I say I paid for the pizza it was actually expenses. :baz:

Mike
01-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Just picked up an Asda Pizza, stone baked, chicken and meatballs on one half, chilli beef and pepperoni on the other, garlic oil.

Samadini
01-11-2015, 05:56 PM
The nonbelivers are missing out/made a shit pizza.

Might get one tomorrow.

Lewis
03-12-2015, 11:39 PM
The 'big Asda' in Hull (there are three proper ones and a couple of smaller ones) now has a McGees butcherist counter. Their website says they have them across Northern Irish shops, so maybe it's a trial thing. Whatever. It's pretty swish. They've also got a sign up saying you can pre-order your pizzas via text. I fail to see why anybody would bother, but is that available elsewhere too?

Asda. :cool:

Giggles
03-12-2015, 11:49 PM
The 'big Asda' in Hull (there are three proper ones and a couple of smaller ones) now has a McGees butcherist counter. Their website says they have them across Northern Irish shops, so maybe it's a trial thing. Whatever. It's pretty swish. They've also got a sign up saying you can pre-order your pizzas via text. I fail to see why anybody would bother, but is that available elsewhere too?

Asda. :cool:

Those McGees counters are brilliant. They've some brilliant stuff.

Lewis
04-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Unfortunately they've binned their deli counter to make way for it, so now if I want to buy haslet I have to buy it pre-packed at twice the price. :moop:

phonics
04-12-2015, 11:27 AM
Have they stopped branding them Walmart ASDA or is that just the Birmingham one? That didn't go down well at all when they first put it up.

"Who do they think I am? Some fat American?" said my overweight Aunt.

Boydy
04-12-2015, 11:30 AM
"Who do they think I am? Some fat American?" said my overweight Aunt.

:D

I've never seen them branded as 'Walmart Asda'.

wullie
04-12-2015, 12:12 PM
The humongous one here had a sign like "ASDA A Walmart company" but now they've just the little Walmart star to the Asda logo instead by the looks of it.

Davgooner
04-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Just noticed Oliver Adams in town are doing large hand-made ones for £3.60

Jimmy Floyd
04-12-2015, 01:03 PM
I don't even know where my nearest Asda is. There's one in Feltham but I think ISIS have seized it.

If anyone wants a really poor value pizza, get the Pizza Express branded ones from a supermarket. They're like something Tony Blair conceived in the course of four wanks in an afternoon whilst Cherie was up the duff.

Toby
04-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Those are great. I'd never buy them at full price but Tesco pretty often have them for about £2, which is good value.

SvN
04-12-2015, 01:26 PM
I'm with Tobes. We always stock up whenever they're on sale. They're great for losing weight too, as they're only about 500 calories for a full one. One of those plus some salad is quite filling.

igor_balis
04-12-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm fully converted to the asda deli pizzas now lads, I won't talk bollocks about mozzarella balls and sourdough ever again. Still think the pizza express supermarket pizzas are shite though, the sauce is properly bitter and cheap tasting.

niko_cee
04-12-2015, 08:07 PM
I don't even know where my nearest Asda is. There's one in Feltham but I think ISIS have seized it.

If anyone wants a really poor value pizza, get the Pizza Express branded ones from a supermarket. They're like something Tony Blair conceived in the course of four wanks in an afternoon whilst Cherie was up the duff.

There's one around Clapham Junction I think, or there used to be. London used to be a real wasteland on the ASDA front, I think there were about 3 inside the M25.

Baz
05-12-2015, 03:37 PM
I've got one lads.

14" stonebaked with [non-spicy] chicken, ham, red onion, sweetcorn, a bit of extra cheese sprinkled over the top, and garlic oil. :drool: Looking forward to it.

Disappointed by the lack of sausage and/or olives in the selections though. £3.50 though, shouldn't moan.

igor_balis
23-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Just had the Dr Oetker pizza my mate left at mine, it was less shit than I remembered them being. 6/10

John
23-12-2015, 04:52 PM
There's nothing to those Dr Oetker pizzas. They taste alright for one fifty or whatever they cost but you could eat about six of them and never feel full.

niko_cee
23-12-2015, 05:22 PM
I've wondered about those as, as you say, they always seem to be dirt cheap.

Samadini
23-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Yeah, pretty sure they've got a tracing paper base.

Raoul Duke
23-12-2015, 10:09 PM
You've got to ask yourself: what kind of doctor makes pizza?

Lewis
29-01-2016, 09:13 PM
I decided to pay the extra quid and get six toppings, but it just ruins it. What a disappointment.

randomlegend
29-01-2016, 09:17 PM
A disappointing pizza is one of the most upsetting things there is.

Magic
15-03-2016, 04:48 PM
I've just bought 2 Pizza Express pizzas, one is £4.50. On that basis I expected them to be bigger than my fucking fingernail. What an absolute joke. Never again.

randomlegend
15-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Why would you buy them if you thought they were too small for the price, you spazz?

Magic
15-03-2016, 04:54 PM
It's the first time I bought them, and it's also hard to tell when it's a thumbnail on online shopping.

The only solace I take is the fact you're probably going to be dying from a migraine shortly.

randomlegend
15-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Oh I've never done online shopping so it didn't cross my mind. Fair enough.

You are a spazz though :wub:

Magic
15-03-2016, 04:57 PM
I was going to get some giant deep pan ones but bottled it (because it was two of these pieces of shit for £6 :harold:).

Oh how I am ruing that decision now.

Toby
15-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Deep pan pizzas are an abomination.

You're about the eighth person to slag off those Pizza Express pizzas in this thread, but it's your own fault for paying full price given how often they're on offer.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:00 PM
I've just bought 2 Pizza Express pizzas, one is £4.50. On that basis I expected them to be bigger than my fucking fingernail. What an absolute joke. Never again.

I was going to get some giant deep pan ones but bottled it (because it was two of these pieces of shit for £6 :harold:).

Oh how I am ruing that decision now.

Oh hi.

Toby
15-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Whinging about the full price of something you've got on offer. He's right to call you a spazz, you know.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:03 PM
That's not the point. The point is at £4.50 individually they should be a whole lot fucking bigger.

SvN
15-03-2016, 05:03 PM
They're more than big enough for one person to eat. And I say that as a greedy fucker.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:04 PM
:sick:

Do you want me to upload a photo?

SvN
15-03-2016, 05:05 PM
I eat a couple per week, I know how big they are.

Toby
That's not the point. The point is at £4.50 individually they should be a whole lot fucking bigger.

It is. You paid £3 for them, so stop judging them as if they're £4.50.

Magic
It is. You paid £3 for them, so stop judging them as if they're £4.50.

Are you ill, mate? It isn't about the offer.

John
They're nice, but they're a bit like those Dr Oetker ones in that the base is like tracing paper. If you're worried about the size just get the Tesco's Finest ones for an extra fifty pence.

Toby
15-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Are you ill, mate? It isn't about the offer.

I wouldn't pay full price for them, and nor did you, but for £3 each they're perfectly good value.

They're perpetually on offer so the 'full price' is a bit of a lie in the first place. I guess it's lol at you for making any value judgement based upon it.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't pay 'full price' for them, and nor did you, but for £3 each they're perfectly good value.

Then they should be priced accordingly.

Toby
15-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Then they should be priced accordingly.

You're basically upset that you've been schooled by Tesco's pricing. You have to be a real pleb to look at how much off the original price something is when judging the value of an offer. It's either worth what you pay or it isn't.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:10 PM
You're basically upset that you've been schooled by Tesco's pricing. You have to be a real pleb to look at how much off the original price something is when judging the value of an offer. It's either worth what you pay or it isn't.

No I'm upset that a tiny pizza that's shite is priced at £4.50.

wullie
15-03-2016, 05:11 PM
They're on offer so much finding them at full price is almost a bad luck promotion.

Toby
No I'm upset that a tiny pizza that's shite is priced at £4.50.

It's two for £6 mate. You bought two of them.

SvN
They're almost permanently on offer at Tesco. They're either half price (£2.25) or the bigger ones are £3.50 (which are about twice the size). Failing that, they'll be 2 for £6.

Pepe
15-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Better than any Harold discussion, this.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Fucking hell, can we have Harold back please?

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Toby
15-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Better than any Harold discussion, this.

It's little wonder his finances are in such a dire state if this is his approach to special offers, so the point needs drilling through.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:14 PM
I've resorted to eating it with a fork and knife to make it last longer. Can see me devouring a large bag of crisps tonight.

John
15-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Fucking hell, can we have Harold back please?

EDIT: Beaten to it.

The moment of realisation that with Harold gone you're the biggest div on the board. Savour it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Magic seems to have broken since Toby mentioned he was the most improved.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:16 PM
The moment of realisation that with Harold gone you're the biggest div on the board. Savour it.

The moment you realise you're dicing with Poster of the Year/Most Improved, as voted for by the people. Fear it.

Magic
15-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Magic seems to have broken since Toby mentioned he was the most improved.

It's all Boyd's fault. Since he floated the idea I've fallen to pieces. The potential glory went to my head.

Toby
15-03-2016, 05:18 PM
The moment you realise you're dicing with Poster of the Year/Most Improved, as voted for by the people. Fear it.

You'd be taking the title from 7om, and from a starting point of second worst poster, so it's probably best not to gloat too much.

randomlegend
15-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Toby's a main protagonist in pretty much every single one of these discussions. He's the real villain.

Pepe
15-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Lets vote him worst poster again so he chimps out again.

igor_balis
15-03-2016, 05:42 PM
The size of pizza express pizzas does feel like you're being cheated, but I think pizza is one of those things where the sensible, healthy portion size doesn't really match up with what seems right instinctively.

Lewis
15-03-2016, 05:44 PM
SvN is probably sponsored by those pizzas. He's like their Subway paedophile bloke.

igor_balis
15-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Hm, SvN has the brand engagement but Magic has the lifestyle. Guess they could pool their talents.

SvN
15-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Low calorie, filling, tasty and only £2.25 at Tesco right now.

I often have mine with a salad on the side - why not give it a try?

igor_balis
15-03-2016, 05:50 PM
I got a goodfellas one from the garage and it has 40% of your daily saturated fats in just a quarter of it. They're fucking tiny as well.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-03-2016, 05:50 PM
He probably has aid(e)s too.

Raoul Duke
15-03-2016, 08:28 PM
There's a Tesco spinach & ricotta one that is lovely, but I only ever buy it on offer at £1.87, which is pretty good value. The Finest ones are pretty dece(nt) as well.

Lewis
04-11-2016, 07:49 PM
I think (I will investigate further) that Morrisons might have better create-yer-own pizza. :|

Dquincy
04-11-2016, 07:57 PM
I think (I will investigate further) that Morrisons might have better create-yer-own pizza. :|

Sainsburys doesnt. Had one tonight. Shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Yeah Sainsburys is the pits.

You get hardly any options and they all taste like cardboard.

Dquincy
04-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Yep, shitty cardboard.

Pizza express ones are ok though.

leedsrevolution
04-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Went to a place called MOD pizza the other week. It's set prices and basically the SUBWAY of pizza. Not sure if it's a chain but it was pretty dam nice. Didn't sell chips though.

Foe
04-11-2016, 08:52 PM

I wasn't convinced by the one I had. That doesn't tempt me to try asda's own then.

Those pizza express thin pizzas are so far superior to any others that I just don't bother with anything else any more.

John
04-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Pizza Express pizzas are nice but they're far from the best available. I haven't bought one in a while, does the box still boast about their little cubes of cheese?

Yevrah
05-11-2016, 06:25 PM
I bought one of the hand made Tesco jobs recently.

Quite nice, fucking massive and only two fifty.

mugbull
05-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Its astounding that a thread about a department store pizza has 4 pages on this forum

Samadini
05-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Praying Lewis updates us soon. I had a Morrison's pizza a long while back and didn't rate it, but will definitely try it again if the reports are positive, I work right next to the big one in Norwich.

Lewis
05-11-2016, 06:44 PM
I used to go there for Soreen toasting loaf before Asda started selling it.

Dquincy
05-12-2016, 10:14 PM
UPDATE: Has anyone has the Asda equivalent 'Finest' pizzas? They're a delight.

https://ui3.assets-asda.com/g/v5/481/530/5054070481530_280_IDShot_3.jpeg https://ui3.assets-asda.com/g/v5/877/885/5052449877885_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Giggles
05-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Not a fan of stone baked but that top one looks rather good.

niko_cee
05-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Are you having some sort of breakdown Quince?

Dquincy
05-12-2016, 10:20 PM
What makes you say that?

Adamski
05-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Let's hope it's a breakdown. If not he suffers from truly appalling chat.

Dquincy
05-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Let's hope it's a breakdown. If not he suffers from truly appalling chat.

But it's not a breakdown. So....

Giggles
05-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Is 'chat' a thing?

Adamski
05-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Is asking whether chat is a word a thing?

Giggles
05-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Everything's a thing.

Chat sounds like something that happens during a FIFA game and ends up on ladbible though. Lots of innits and boiiiis included of course.

Adamski
05-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Yes then.

Lewis
05-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Praying Lewis updates us soon. I had a Morrison's pizza a long while back and didn't rate it, but will definitely try it again if the reports are positive, I work right next to the big one in Norwich.

I have come to the conclusion that Morrisons shade it by being more generous with the tomato sauce. That has become a bit of an issue with my Asda, who seem to spend longer and longer covering the base with less and less, but it may well differ from shop to shop. Either way, we can at least be grateful for a viable alternative - something which the Sainsbury's ones are definitely not. They leave about two inches of crust around the topping, and they cost four quid. lol no thanks dickheads.

John
05-12-2016, 10:41 PM
Tesco are very generous with the toppings but their base is a genuine disgrace. It's somehow both too crunchy and too chewy, and even on the one that purports not to be 'deep pan' it's about an inch thick.

Lewis
31-03-2017, 05:04 PM
These are four quid now. Wankers.

Giggles
10-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Picked up a 14" meat feast in there today :drool:

4 sterling is still good considering a Dominos is about 300 quid.

Shindig
10-06-2017, 03:43 PM
£10 for 12" in my local takeaway. I'll be grabbing a couple later in the week, probably.

John
10-06-2017, 04:19 PM

They're better than Dominos too.

Giggles
10-06-2017, 04:20 PM
They're better than Dominos too.

By far.

Giggles
11-06-2017, 03:27 PM
:drool:

http://i65.tinypic.com/i4qwyv.png

Dark Soldier
11-06-2017, 04:02 PM
I'll be having a Chicago Town takeaway pepperoni soon, buzzing. Might bang some garlic bread and chips in too

Adamski
11-06-2017, 04:15 PM

Are Dominos really expensive there too? £18 a pizza here is an abomination.

They're like £7 for the same pizza in Australia. Fucking nuts.

Giggles
11-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Are Dominos really expensive there too? £18 a pizza here is an abomination.

They're like £7 for the same pizza in Australia. Fucking nuts.

Yeah it's brutal. There's usually a deal on but it's always on stuff you don't want anyway.

I remember the Mrs saying the same thing about it in Australia too. Her and her mates couldn't believe how cheap it was there in comparison.

Adamski
11-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Yeah there often is a deal but its still north of £20 for a pizza and the good sides. Pizza and pakora from the Indian is about half the price for the same quantity.

Pepe
11-06-2017, 04:45 PM
A Dominos is $8 over here, which is as much as they can possibly be worth.

Lewis
11-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Just to let the foreigners/wankers know, what Giggles has posted is a particularly - almost uniquely - poor example of what we've been talking about. How he's managed that is beyond me.

Giggles
11-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Yeah there often is a deal but its still north of £20 for a pizza and the good sides. Pizza and pakora from the Indian is about half the price for the same quantity.

Next time I'm in the UK shopping in getting a few of them and freezing them. If the drawers are big enough.

Waffdon
11-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I spent £18 on a Domino's today. Worth.

Giggles
11-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Just to let the foreigners/wankers know, what Giggles has posted is a particularly - almost uniquely - poor example of what we've been talking about. How he's managed that is beyond me.

Was the only 14" meat feast in the shop.

Even if there's normally more stuff on them, the base still makes it epic.

Adamski
11-06-2017, 05:29 PM
I spent £18 on a Domino's today. Worth.

All bets are off during a hangover to be fair.

Pepe
11-06-2017, 05:32 PM
It looks a bit tragic, I have to say.

Waffdon
11-06-2017, 07:01 PM
All bets are off during a hangover to be fair.

D'you have my Snapchat? :D

Mexican Fiesta is niceeeeeeeeee

Giggles
11-06-2017, 07:06 PM

He's neither female, 12, or a blogger so I sincerely hope he doesn't.

Adamski
11-06-2017, 07:10 PM

No but it's Sunday and you're about 18. Hangover.

Dark Soldier
11-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Fuck how that pizza looks, I bet it tasted amazing.

Waffdon
11-06-2017, 07:27 PM
No but it's Sunday and you're about 18. Hangover.

Haha, fair one. Not long until Two for Tuesday :drool:

leedsrevolution
11-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Fuck how that pizza looks, I bet it tasted amazing.

Absolutely. Hipster wankers.

https://www.ocado.com/productImages/107/10799011_1_640x640.jpg?identifier=76151f17ae0db450 098b4f3a79357c49

I even love these bad boys.

Giggles
11-06-2017, 07:30 PM
So much better than those shit Italian type ones that blowhards love telling us are the only proper pizzas.

Those bases :sick:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IhAWjq4vmLU/UHQ6qVfmncI/AAAAAAAAKAs/PsFxy-Xzuig/s1600/IMG_1213.JPG

Boydy
11-06-2017, 07:34 PM
I prefer those Italian type bases to that ASDA sort but each to their own.

Mazuuurk
11-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Those Italian Stone-baked ones are better I think as well, though I don't mind those frozen pizzas now and then either, just so long as you don't eat any ones that come with meat (because fuck knows what sort of meat that is).

That said, I do appreciate that the bases can sometimes get a little too thick and chewy on those. Quite a lot of places here that attempt it don't seem to pull it off properly. Pizza's supposed to be a bit sort of crispy, IMO.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Absolutely. Hipster wankers.

https://www.ocado.com/productImages/107/10799011_1_640x640.jpg?identifier=76151f17ae0db450 098b4f3a79357c49

I even love these bad boys.
Those are brilliant as a midnight snack.

Yevrah
11-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Oh yes, now we're talking.

Mazuuurk
11-06-2017, 09:19 PM
That's a Pie though, no? Not a pizza.

Dquincy
11-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Those are brilliant as a midnight snack.

Sod having that on your stomach at 1am. I once delved into cheddar and red Leicester at 1am. Mentalist. Anyway, the outcome was stomach pains galore for the next hour.

Back to pizzas, the last doninoes i had eas very good. Limited grease, maximum flavour. Better than a Tesco own.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Sod having that on your stomach at 1am. I once delved into cheddar and red Leicester at 1am. Mentalist. Anyway, the outcome was stomach pains galore for the next hour.

Back to pizzas, the last doninoes i had eas very good. Limited grease, maximum flavour. Better than a Tesco own.
I've done 2 at 4am once and didn't bat an eyelid.

Mazuuurk
11-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Red Leicester is perhaps the best thing to come out of the UK ever, by the way.

That with a bit of Branston Pickle on a slice of bread :drool:

leedsrevolution
11-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Dominoes is better than a ASDA pizza, of course it is. There just fucking expensive so a cost to quality comparison don't add up. If you could pick a Dominoes for 4 quid everyone would pick one up over a fucking ASDA pizza, everyone.

Dquincy
11-06-2017, 09:31 PM
I've done 2 at 4am once and didn't bat an eyelid.

Put that as your Tinder profile. :cool:

Foe
11-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Red Leicester is perhaps the best thing to come out of the UK ever, by the way.

That with a bit of Branston Pickle on a slice of bread :drool:

My friend had a proper hissy fit because that's the only cheese I had In the fridge.

It's so much better than cheddar.

Orange cheese > yellow cheese. That's just common knowedge.

Mazuuurk
11-06-2017, 09:33 PM
I don't really know any other orange cheeses, so so long as it's Red Leicester, that seems true.

That's not to say Cheddar isn't a piece of glorious food either, though.