PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Football Thread (17th - 19th)

Mazuuurk
15-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Finally these fucking International games are over. Back to Premier League and proper football.

I've no clue about Championship and that, so someone who does can post the games from there.
Think I managed to change all the times to GMT but may have missed something.

- Mourinho is suspended from the Aston Villa game.
- Diego Costa should be back.
- Aguëro is out for like a month (fuck my FPL life).

SATURDAY

12:45
Tottenham Hotspur - Liverpool

15:00
Chelsea - Aston Villa
Crystal Palace - West Ham United
Everton - Manchester United
Manchester City - AFC Bournemouth
Southampton - Leicester City
West Bromwich Albion - Sunderland

17:30
Watford - Arsenal

SUNDAY

16:00
Newcastle United - Norwich City

MONDAY

20:00
Swansea - Stoke City

Jimmy Floyd
15-10-2015, 08:04 AM
Even the FA have fallen for Mourinho's psychological brilliance.

Davgooner
15-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Klopp o'clock should be interesting.

Benny
15-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Forgot Spurs were playing, all I've seen reported was Klopp is taking his first game.

John Arne
15-10-2015, 08:35 AM
- Mourinho is suspended from the Aston Villa game.
- Diego Costa should be back.
- Aguëro is out for like a month (fuck my FPL life).

Isn't Mourinho's ban suspended?

Toby
15-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Yeah it is. A touchline ban might have been the best thing for him though.

Andy
15-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Yeah it is. A touchline ban might have been the best thing for him though.

This international break is the best thing that could have happened for Chelsea and Mourinho. Enough time to step back, chill out and think about what's gone wrong. Also most of the players will have forgotten the Southampton game or it won't be as fresh in the mind going into Saturday's game. Also Ivanovic getting into injured will force a bit of a shuffle which could be a blessing.

Jimmy Floyd
15-10-2015, 09:06 AM
There was also enough time for Fabregas to have a weak penalty saved by the worst goalkeeper in the world.

It's usually at this time of the season we turn to shite for three months, so I'm looking forward to that.

Jeet
15-10-2015, 09:22 AM
One game on a Sunday and a shit one at that! What's going on?

Andy
15-10-2015, 09:30 AM
The joy of MNF.

Saturday looks like a top day of football so it's hardly worth worrying about.

Jimmy Floyd
15-10-2015, 09:44 AM
They were probably avoiding going up against England's rugby quarter-final on Sunday, which if so has proved in the over-cautious category.

Mazuuurk
15-10-2015, 02:14 PM
There was also enough time for Fabregas to have a weak penalty saved by the worst goalkeeper in the world.

It's usually at this time of the season we turn to shite for three months, so I'm looking forward to that.

Cause it's been the high life up until this point, you mean?

P_3
15-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Jesus, couldn't wait until tomorrow, could you?

:seething:

Baz
15-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Shocking layout.

What games have Sky got?

Weaver
15-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Shocking layout.

What games have Sky got?

Watford vs Arsenal at 5:30pm on Saturday, Newcastle vs Norwich at 4pm on Sunday and Swansea vs Stoke on Monday.

BT have Spurs vs Liverpool.

Shindig
15-10-2015, 05:56 PM
If we don't win against Norwich we are done for.

Luke Emia
15-10-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm not confident for the weekend even with the Klopp factor. Spurs look a decent team this season, Jesus it hurts saying that.

ScousePig
15-10-2015, 07:25 PM
I'm off down to West Brom. Should be a thrill a minute.

Mazuuurk
15-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Is the "Klopp factor" even a thing?

Isn't Klopp more known for building stuff long term?

QE Harold Flair
15-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Jose Mourinho has rounded on the Football Association for perceived inconsistencies in its disciplinary process - and again hit out at Arsene Wenger without naming the Arsenal boss.

:happycry:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/10029665/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-has-rounded-on-the-football-association

Vim
15-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Inter-Juve on Sunday evening is massive.

SvN
15-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Is the "Klopp factor" even a thing?

Isn't Klopp more known for building stuff long term?

New manager syndrome is very much a thing, Klopp or no Klopp.

Reg
15-10-2015, 09:47 PM
:happycry:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/10029665/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-has-rounded-on-the-football-association
He's becoming a right weirdo.

Mazuuurk
15-10-2015, 09:50 PM
New manager syndrome is very much a thing, Klopp or no Klopp.

Sure, yeah, but it's not like it's a guaranteed thing. It happens a lot but not every time.

niko_cee
15-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Liverpool's new manager bounce hasn't worked since Houllier won his first game as co-manager back in the day, although Dalglish had a good run until they gave him a proper contract (I guess he must have drawn his first game back). Wasn't Rodgers first game an embarrassing shoeing against West Brom? :sick:

0-5, 0-3 ... 0-1? I'd take it.

mugbull
16-10-2015, 03:27 AM
I'm not confident for the weekend even with the Klopp factor. Spurs look a decent team this season, Jesus it hurts saying that.

Spurs aren't good this year, what made you think that? We beat City but we always pull off one scalp a season and the rest of our season so far has been Kane slowly going insane and our midfield uniformly regressing. Lamela has had 2 good games which is twice as many as last season so I guess that's a plus.

Luke Emia
16-10-2015, 06:01 AM
I think Spurs are better than Liverpool at this current time. Add the Arsenal like injury list we have at the minute and our squad goes from not great to piss poor.

Andy
16-10-2015, 06:30 AM
Spurs aren't good this year, what made you think that? We beat City but we always pull off one scalp a season and the rest of our season so far has been Kane slowly going insane and our midfield uniformly regressing. Lamela has had 2 good games which is twice as many as last season so I guess that's a plus.

You're unbeaten in 7. The city result was good, beating fourth place Palace was a very good result, you've beaten the only crap team you've played and draw with three decent sides.

All you need is a run of form from Harry Kane and you'll be pushing fourth of you keep this form up.

Benny
16-10-2015, 07:36 AM

Fuck me, what a load of shit.

Mazuuurk
16-10-2015, 07:37 AM
What I do like about Spurs these days is they bring through a lot of young, English players and gives them continued faith even though they won't always perform perfectly - if they keep at it like that they could very well have a great team in 2-3 years - provided they keep their players.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Fuck me, what a load of shit.

He's not far off. I'm somewhere in between.

Not buying a striker will eventually bite them though as Kane has been 30% of last season Kane. Even if he was 100%, he can't play 90 minutes every single game.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 07:44 AM
What I do like about Spurs these days is they bring through a lot of young, English players and gives them continued faith even though they won't always perform perfectly - if they keep at it like that they could very well have a great team in 2-3 years - provided they keep their players.

The PHILOSOPHY of the club now will be to bring them through for one reason only. To sell. Selling is what Spurs do, and Levy has realised it may be less risky to try get a few youngsters from nowhere and flog them later than to try hit on a Bale/Modric by shelling out £15m and hoping their resale value climbs above that.

Benny
16-10-2015, 07:48 AM
He's not far off. I'm somewhere in between.

Not buying a striker will eventually bite them though as Kane has been 30% of last season Kane. Even if he was 100%, he can't play 90 minutes every single game.

How is he not far off?

They're unbeaten in seven games, with one of the fewest conceded goals, a core of young, English players who seem to give a fuck and they beat the supposed league leaders 4-1. Kane needs a rest, but if he finds his scoring boots again this team is pretty fucking potent. I know you like to shit on just about everything Spurs do, but take the blinkers off for once.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 07:55 AM
How is he not far off?

They're unbeaten in seven games, with one of the fewest conceded goals, a core of young, English players who seem to give a fuck and they beat the supposed league leaders 4-1. Kane needs a rest, but if he finds his scoring boots again this team is pretty fucking potent. I know you like to shit on just about everything Spurs do, but take the blinkers off for once.

Professional players giving a fuck? And you want me to take the blinkers off? :D Like he said, there's always the odd freak result thrown in to give you hope but then in the next game they just go back to looking out of ideas again.

What are your expectations for the season anyway?

Mazuuurk
16-10-2015, 07:56 AM
The PHILOSOPHY of the club now will be to bring them through for one reason only. To sell. Selling is what Spurs do, and Levy has realised it may be less risky to try get a few youngsters from nowhere and flog them later than to try hit on a Bale/Modric by shelling out £15m and hoping their resale value climbs above that.

Really? Don't they at least want to invest enough to go into CL and be like Arsenal (make money, never win)?

Giggles
16-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Really? Don't they at least want to invest enough to go into CL and be like Arsenal (make money, never win)?

That direction seems to have changed in recent years, at least until the stadium is built. I think blowing all the Bale income really burned Levy into having a big rethink. I'm sure there's still a CL plan on the horizon but it's just more a long term plan now.

simon
16-10-2015, 08:00 AM
They give a fuck, Giggles.

Most professional footballers do. It's the norm, in fact.

simon
16-10-2015, 08:02 AM
I'm with Benny on this. They look good, they're starting to look like a Pochettino managed side and the potential is there to challenge for fourth. You can always bring in a striker in January if you need extra cover for Kane as well.

Mazuuurk
16-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Tell that to Wenger.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 08:03 AM
They give a fuck, Giggles.

Most professional footballers do. It's the norm, in fact.

About their next signing bonus/contract/endorsement maybe.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 08:08 AM
They're also going to be absolutely bolloxed by March with such a threadbare squad and playing under Pochettino.

Benny
16-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Professional players giving a fuck? And you want me to take the blinkers off? :D Like he said, there's always the odd freak result thrown in to give you hope but then in the next game they just go back to looking out of ideas again.

What are your expectations for the season anyway?

Have you watched them apart from one or two games this season? Honest question and not trying to have a dig. Dier nearly ripped his shorts off after getting they yellow meaning he'd miss the next game, and at the core you have players who've been at the club since they were kids, with Bentaleb, Mason, Kane, Townsend, Rose (he was a kid when he signed) etc. Not all professional players are like your Adebayors.

My expectations are another cup run and to do a bit bit better in Europe, to be honest. Felt like he threw that game last time. In terms of league finish, I'm not sure really, again I feel like top four is out of reach so another Europa spot would be expected, and perhaps for a few more of the youth team to come through at some point.

What about you?

I'm with Benny on this. They look good, they're starting to look like a Pochettino managed side and the potential is there to challenge for fourth. You can always bring in a striker in January if you need extra cover for Kane as well.

I'll be amazed if there isn't a striker signing in January.

Smiffy
16-10-2015, 08:53 AM

bruhnaldo
16-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Proper football byke! :drool:

Gotta go away to Goodison :uhoh:

Demerit
16-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Expect to get trounced against Arsenal

bruhnaldo
16-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Also going to the Orlando City match tonight... last home game of the year :(

But - Get to see Kaka, Pirlo, Lampard, and David Villa play :drool:

wullie
16-10-2015, 04:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OWWhhle.jpg

Ugh, Villa rejects.

bruhnaldo
16-10-2015, 04:28 PM
i don't really know where to put this but, Orlando City have signed Kyle Callan-McFadden for their new B Team..

Any info on him fellers? He played for Norwich apparently.

Samadini
16-10-2015, 04:28 PM
The lure of playing with Armstrong. :cool:

wullie
16-10-2015, 04:35 PM
McClaren's happy to leave Armstrong with us, so I forgive him for that whole England thing.

mugbull
16-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Benny, do you not at least agree that we played better football last season? Results-wise we've done alright so far this term (though we are in 8th place), but our attacking play is the worst it has been in a while.

I personally dont give a shit that our average age is 12, this isnt a YDWAWK fm save

simon
16-10-2015, 04:51 PM
About their next signing bonus/contract/endorsement maybe.

Your Adebayor's and Pascal Chimbonda's of the world are the exception. Not every footballer is a money-grabbing tosser who can't be arsed and the vast majority genuinely care about the game and enjoy what they do.

simon
16-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Benny, do you not at least agree that we played better football last season? Results-wise we've done alright so far this term (though we are in 8th place), but our attacking play is the worst it has been in a while.

I personally dont give a shit that our average age is 12, this isnt a YDWAWK fm save

You've only played 8 games though.

And the average age is low because you've actually tried to bring players through from the youth system instead of spunking 30m on another flavour of the month player, as you've had a long history of doing. Surely you can see that spending less money on players and bringing people through is better for the club in the long term and may actually lead to some success at the end of it all?

Giggles
16-10-2015, 04:57 PM
You've only played 8 games though.

And the average age is low because you've actually tried to bring players through from the youth system instead of spunking 30m on another flavour of the month player, as you've had a long history of doing. Surely you can see that spending less money on players and bringing people through is better for the club in the long term and may actually lead to some success at the end of it all?

It won't because they're being brought through to sell. But if the expectation of higher than 5th/6th isn't there then that doesn't really matter. The business plan has changed.

John
16-10-2015, 06:29 PM
We're signing a former 'next Messi' in the next few days, apparently, assuming he can show a reasonable level of fitness while training with us.

It's the brilliantly named Gai Assulin, who should offer some decent song opportunities for both us and opposition fans.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 06:36 PM
We're signing a former 'next Messi' in the next few days, apparently, assuming he can show a reasonable level of fitness while training with us.

It's the brilliantly named Gai Assulin, who should offer some decent song opportunities for both us and opposition fans.

Why do I know that name? Must be FM.

mugbull
16-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Bringing through youth that is not good enough (we could buy players better than Dier, Mason, Bentaleb) might be better financially, but it certainly won't lead to results. Someone like Bentaleb, who had a good season last year, has been found out this season. Same is happening to Kane and Mason. Same might happen to Dier, although I actually believe he is very good. At the end of the day, it's nice to bring players through, but there's a reason the rich clubs dominate football - expensive talent is, on the mean, better than cheap youth. We had a really bad window that one time we bought a fuckton of shit, but if we did it again next summer or whatever there's a 95% chance it would turn out much better than it did. We'll probably get trounced by Liverpool tomorrow with Walker and Rose on one and Vertonghen passing the ball into Coutinho's feet or something, and it will all be back to how it was.

I'd rather spend 30 million on someone again, even if their chance of flopping is 30-40% or whatever. We have the money.

mugbull
16-10-2015, 07:23 PM
It won't because they're being brought through to sell. But if the expectation of higher than 5th/6th isn't there then that doesn't really matter. The business plan has changed.

Although i disagree with this. I don't think theyre being brought through to sell, I think that's just genuinely what Pochettino wants

Toby
16-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Why do I know that name? Must be FM.

Yeah he was one of the best young players in 07 and/or 08.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Although i disagree with this. I don't think theyre being brought through to sell, I think that's just genuinely what Pochettino wants

Spurs managers don't have any say in plans like that. If Levy wanted to buy, he'd buy. It's just that he's got a bad burning a few summers ago and he has a stadium to build so things have got more sensible. I'd more say Pochettino was brought in to help facilitate this outlook, though his influence at Southampton (in direct relation to transfers) was minimal. He seems to be able to get the most from youngsters and put them in a shop window though.

mugbull
16-10-2015, 07:41 PM
I'd guess that all the lack of cohesion and dressing room discontent made him rethink his policy . Like, eventually if Dier became world class then yes we'd sell him to someone for enough money, but thats not really on anyones mind right now.

igor_balis
16-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Just got an email from the Albion letting me know there's still tickets for the Sunderland game. No shit.

Andy
16-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Spurs managers don't have any say in plans like that. If Levy wanted to buy, he'd buy. It's just that he's got a bad burning a few summers ago and he has a stadium to build so things have got more sensible. I'd more say Pochettino was brought in to help facilitate this outlook, though his influence at Southampton (in direct relation to transfers) was minimal. He seems to be able to get the most from youngsters and put them in a shop window though.

He had quite a say in transfers. His idea to sign Osvaldo, the mug.

Giggles
16-10-2015, 10:10 PM
He had quite a say in transfers. His idea to sign Osvaldo, the mug.

Was that before Reed took over?

ScousePig
16-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Are you going Igor? We always head to The Vine when we're down there.

ScousePig
16-10-2015, 10:11 PM
As for Spurs, they won 1-0 at our place but they didn't deserve to and weren't very impressive.

igor_balis
16-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Are you going Igor? We always head to The Vine when we're down there.

Nah, not been for ages. Barely went last few seasons living in Rugby, don't really fancy changing that now I live in fucking Edinburgh. I think I've been Vine, pub that does indian food aye? Usually we just drink in Birmingham or on the train like scum.

phonics
17-10-2015, 12:11 AM

That whole system has been in place since League One. It's called having a plan instead of nicking one person and trying to have them recreate the same thing somewhere else.

Giggles
17-10-2015, 09:22 AM
That whole system has been in place since League One. It's called having a plan instead of nicking one person and trying to have them recreate the same thing somewhere else.

I don't know what you thought I was getting at but I don't think it was anything to get so defensive about. I only asked that because I thought Reed had final word, so I wasn't sure if he was in that role when Osvaldo was signed.

Weaver
17-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Sad news reaching us this morning that Everton legend Howard Kendall has died, at the age of 69.

The County Durham-born midfielder won the league as both a player and manager with the Toffees - making more than 200 appearances and managing the club in three separate spells.

The most successful of those managerial spells was in the eighties, when he led the blue half of Merseyside to two league titles, an FA Cup and the European Cup Winners' Cup...

SvN
17-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Seems a bit out of nowhere, that one. Was he ill or something?

His heyday was before my time, but I remember him from the 90s. Black armbands for our match with Everton today, presumably.

Boydy
17-10-2015, 10:47 AM

Sturridge isn't on the bench apparently.

Andy
17-10-2015, 10:49 AM

Reed has been there since the League one days. He's involved with transfers and signs the youngsters for the academy but who we sign is down to the manager. Pochettino signed Osvaldo who he had at Espanyol, Koeman has signed loads from the Dutch league and Dutch players, Pelle, Tadic, Elia, Martina, Van Djik etc. Les Reed and the statistic nerds are just there to help recommend and find players for Koeman and it was the same with Pochettino.

Weaver
17-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Doesn't seem to be any mention of illness or anything like that, I'm sure it'll be revealed over the next few days. I hadn't realised how successful he'd been as a manager, I only really knew him from keeping Everton in the league in 1997/1998.

Lloris; Walker, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose; Dembele, Alli; Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen; Kane.
Subs: Vorm, N'Jie, Winks, Townsend, Trippier, Wimmer, Davies.

Giggles
17-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Alli, Dembele; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane.

That midfield :uhoh:

Giggles
17-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Reed has been there since the League one days. He's involved with transfers and signs the youngsters for the academy but who we sign is down to the manager. Pochettino signed Osvaldo who he had at Espanyol, Koeman has signed loads from the Dutch league and Dutch players, Pelle, Tadic, Elia, Martina, Van Djik etc. Les Reed and the statistic nerds are just there to help recommend and find players for Koeman and it was the same with Pochettino.

Ah right. Contradicts what I'd heard before but of anyone I'd trust you know the setup.

Smiffy
17-10-2015, 10:55 AM

Giggles
17-10-2015, 10:57 AM
New manager syndrome means certain loss for Spurs. Liverpool would have won with Brent too.

Andy
17-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Got to feel for Sturridge if he's gotten another knee injury. Maybe should have been eased back in.

Samadini
17-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Is that the reason being given for his absence? My fantasy team is in tatters.

Giggles
17-10-2015, 11:04 AM
If Sturridge is gone for the season then at least it puts a silver lining on the day regardless of the result.

Smiffy
17-10-2015, 11:04 AM

Andy
17-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Is that the reason being given for his absence? My fantasy team is in tatters.

Twitter saying its a knee injury.

Davgooner
17-10-2015, 11:08 AM
We all follow The Arsenal.

Mellberg
17-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Today I will be paying zero attention to Aston Villa and getting on with my life.

Boydy
17-10-2015, 11:51 AM
If Sturridge is gone for the season then at least it puts a silver lining on the day regardless of the result.

That's a pretty shitty thing to say.

Giggles
17-10-2015, 11:57 AM
That's a pretty shitty thing to say.

It's Liverpool so it's ok.

Smiffy
17-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Giggles
17-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Despise, yes.

Mike
17-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Been a good game this

CJay
17-10-2015, 12:47 PM
From listening to the fuzzy radio commentary as I drove home it sounds as if we're hanging on for our lives and it's all one-way traffic. Or have we looked alright?

Where is Sturridge? I just signed him for my fantasy league team last night. :moop:

Boydy
17-10-2015, 12:53 PM
From listening to the fuzzy radio commentary as I drove home it sounds as if we're hanging on for our lives and it's all one-way traffic. Or have we looked alright?

Where is Sturridge? I just signed him for my fantasy league team last night. :moop:
They were good at the start of the first half but towards half time it was all Spurs, yeah.

Sturridge is injured. Took a knock in training apparently but it shouldn't be anything serious.

P_3
17-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Jerome Sinclair on the bench. :drool:

I remember raising his potential ability to -10 on FM14 and he turned out to be an absolute monster for me.

Waffdon
17-10-2015, 12:59 PM
No Daley Blind :(

That would have been some sight against Lukaku.

Trancemeister
17-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Chelsea Begovic; Baba, Terry (c), Zouma, Azpilicueta; Loftus-Cheek, Ramires; Wilian, Fabregas, Pedro; Diego Costa.

Aston Villa Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Richardson, Gueye, Westwood, Gil, Grealish, Ayew, Gestede

Crystal Palace Hennessey; Kelly, Dann (c), Hangeland, Souare; Cabaye, McArthur; Zaha, Puncheon, Bolasie; Gayle

West Ham Adrian, Jenkinson, Collins, Tomkins, Cresswell, Kouyate, Noble (c), Moses, Lanzini, Payet, Sakho

Everton Howard, Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Galloway, Barry, McCarthy, Naismith, Barkley, Lennon, Lukaku.

Man Utd De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Mata, Herrera, Rooney, Martial

Man City Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Sagna, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bony

Bournemouth Boruc, Francis, Cook, Distin, Daniels, Smith, Gosling, O'Kane, Surman, Ritchie, Murray

Southampton K. Davis, Cédric, Fonte (c), van Dijk, Bertrand, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, S. Davis, Tadić, Mané, Pellè

Leicester Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs, Albrighton, Kanté, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Vardy, Okazaki

West Brom Myhill, Yacob, Evans, Brunt, McClean, Berahino, McAuley, Fletcher, Dawson, Sessegnon, Rondon

Sunderland Pantilimon, Jones, Yedlin, Kaboul, O’Shea (c), Larsson, Cattermole, Gomez, M’Vila, Borini, Fletcher

Samadini
17-10-2015, 01:07 PM
With Rojo, FEC and Herrera in, is that now the best possible Man Utd lineup (given Depay hasn't got going yet)?

Boydy
17-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Milner is pish.

No way he should be captain. When Henderson's back fit I wouldn't even have him starting.

Danny
17-10-2015, 01:13 PM
With Rojo, FEC and Herrera in, is that now the best possible Man Utd lineup (given Depay hasn't got going yet)?

Shaw in at Left Back would be an improvement, unless you were just talking about who is actually fit.

Unsure on FEC vs Blind tbh

Foe
17-10-2015, 01:13 PM
This Spurs game is toilet.

Samadini
17-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Shaw in at Left Back would be an improvement, unless you were just talking about who is actually fit.

Unsure on FEC vs Blind tbh

No you're right, I'd forgotten about Shaw. FEC is surely first name on the team sheet though.

Danny
17-10-2015, 01:20 PM
:uhoh:

Depends on which Jones shows up.

http://giant.gfycat.com/SingleUntriedBudgie.gif

:cool:

SvN
17-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Rooney wouldn't be in if it was our best lineup.

Boom-Boom
17-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Harry Kane has looked so ineffective today.

QE Harold Flair
17-10-2015, 01:24 PM
All high press and no quality from either team.

Giggles
17-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Harry Kane has looked so ineffective today.

https://popse.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/flashinapan.jpg

five time
17-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Had to look at the image title to get that :D

It's looking like it.

Danny
17-10-2015, 01:36 PM
While I think hes going to start scoring again soon, Arsenal fans sure stopped claiming he was 'one of theirs, not one of Spurs' pretty quickly.

QE Harold Flair
17-10-2015, 01:55 PM
While I think hes going to start scoring again soon, Arsenal fans sure stopped claiming he was 'one of theirs, not one of Spurs' pretty quickly.

I certainly lost count of the number of times we claimed his as our own. Brings a tear to the eye, this dip in form.

QE Harold Flair
17-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Why the fuck is the Tinker twat leaving Mahrez out all of a sudden?

randomlegend
17-10-2015, 02:19 PM
:rave:

Playing quite well so far IMO. Even Rooney looks like he's remembered how to play football.

Must have all been Depay's fault.

Danny
17-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Went to make a coffee/put some dishes in the dishwasher and missed both goals :moop:

GS
17-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Klopp Stops Rot at Kop.

phonics
17-10-2015, 02:39 PM

:d

The Merse
17-10-2015, 02:44 PM
That's fucking brilliant. Bit of a gent too, actually.

Andy
17-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Ranieri leaving out Mahrez is huge mistake here. They can't keep the ball, aren't attacking well and look pathetic trying to deal with crosses. At least with Mahrez they'd have some threat and pin us back a bit.

The Merse
17-10-2015, 02:49 PM
He did have a rough game against us, but it did seem very reactionary to leave him out and he did well off the bench in his last outing.

Max Power
17-10-2015, 02:51 PM
We still defend set pieces as badly as we did five years ago.

Can't see another famous comeback this time, Southampton in complete control.

Max Power
17-10-2015, 02:52 PM
He was shit against Arsenal so he was benched for Norwich and we won and looked as solid as we have all season. He was never going to start this game.

Samadini
17-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Got to hand it to Koeman, really, he's properly established them as a team you aren't surprised to see winning most weekends.

QE Harold Flair
17-10-2015, 02:57 PM
He was shit against Arsenal so he was benched for Norwich and we won and looked as solid as we have all season. He was never going to start this game.

I don't think you should bench your best player because of 1 bad game.

Max Power
17-10-2015, 03:00 PM
I don't think you should bench your best player because of 1 bad game.

But it worked, we won.

Waffdon
17-10-2015, 03:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CRhmFrcXIAEw4Ks.mp4

heh

Danny
17-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Scroll up

phonics
17-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Can't even link it properly :nono:

Waffdon
17-10-2015, 03:18 PM
lolz. how do you do that

phonics
17-10-2015, 03:19 PM
[tweet] and the number at the end of the tweet.

randomlegend
17-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Rooney :drool:

Danny
17-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Quote the one above as an example :sorry:

Nice to see Rooney answering his critics again.

QE Harold Flair
17-10-2015, 03:28 PM
But it worked, we won.

It was all because of that, I reckon.

Lee
17-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Fucking hell we've done it again.

phonics
17-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Fucking hell Leicester.

Max Power
17-10-2015, 03:55 PM
haha what a team

Hilarious when Vardy is left at home this summer

Samadini
17-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Hughton and Zamora :cool:

Andy
17-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Leicester so good going forward, not sure why the tried to sit back and defend first half.

Angelsaint
17-10-2015, 04:39 PM
He's becoming a right weirdo.This kind of comments irritate me.
Mourinho is right that Wenger does as he pleases without ever getting punished, Mourinho on the other hand if he coughs he gets a suspension. Why the fuck shouldn't he complain?

Reg
17-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Yeah you're right, he's actually got reason to complain on this one, at the time I'd only seen he was talking about Wenger again.

I stand by the general comment though.

edit- didn't read your post properly, does Wenger really never get punished? On this particular case Mou did indeed do almost exactly the same as Wenger.

John Arne
17-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Bless him. Cares more about us than he does football in general.

Despise, yes.

Giggles is number 1 poster in the LFC thread, iirc.

Toby
17-10-2015, 05:02 PM
He's also comfortably the second most prolific poster on the board as a whole, so that doesn't mean that much in itself

Lewis
17-10-2015, 05:09 PM
'It’s difficult to drop him, but I can do it,' said Van Gaal after Herrera’s starring role.

Such a geezer.

John Arne
17-10-2015, 05:15 PM
He's also comfortably the second most prolific poster on the board as a whole, so that doesn't mean that much in itself

Sure it does.

Jeet
17-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Ramsey go back to Wales.

Wenger really need to sort the right side out. Ox is never gonna make it and Ramsey is not an option.

The Merse
17-10-2015, 05:22 PM
But it worked, we won.

Correlation/causation... All that jazz.

Who's to say you wouldn't have won even more handsomely? I'd agree with Bish for once that one bad game is a bit harsh given what he'd done in the previous 6 games.

igor_balis
17-10-2015, 05:26 PM
James McClean :cool:

Jeet
17-10-2015, 05:28 PM
The dirty cunt is at it again.

igor_balis
17-10-2015, 05:30 PM
The dirty cunt is at it again.

Waffdon
17-10-2015, 05:31 PM
James McClean might be my favourite player

Max Power
17-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Correlation/causation... All that jazz.

Who's to say you wouldn't have won even more handsomely? I'd agree with Bish for once that one bad game is a bit harsh given what he'd done in the previous 6 games.

I'd always want Mahrez in the team personally but I could see the logic behind Ranieri's thinking. Albrighton and Schlupp work harder and give better cover to our full backs and were both excellent in the win at Norwich.

Came on at HT today and played as a number 10 which could be a good long term plan with Dyer and Albrighton either side.

Toby
17-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Video blocked, what's jeet crying about? And is igor's just the same thing?

igor_balis
17-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Dunno, Jeet posted the same thing twice, so I thought it would be funny to post it as well. Then he deleted one, which fucked it up but I'm not deleting it. I'm not a pussy.

The Merse
17-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Guessing Missus Ramsey is expecting then.

Running rampant now :drool:

The Merse
17-10-2015, 06:03 PM
I'd always want Mahrez in the team personally but I could see the logic behind Ranieri's thinking. Albrighton and Schlupp work harder and give better cover to our full backs and were both excellent in the win at Norwich.

Came on at HT today and played as a number 10 which could be a good long term plan with Dyer and Albrighton either side.

Forgot Dyer had come in. Yeah - that looks like a good trio to me.

Fuck me, Vardy is Wrighty-ing the fuck out of the top flight this season. He's clearly got a decent brain/instinct to match his work rate, and he appears to be improving in terms of his technique.

CJay
17-10-2015, 06:30 PM
:uhoh:

Depends on which Jones shows up.

http://giant.gfycat.com/SingleUntriedBudgie.gif

:cool:

This genuinely looks like a scene from Fifa. :D

Demerit
17-10-2015, 06:50 PM
3-0 was a bit flattering on Arsenal.

We need to be so much more clinical

Reg
17-10-2015, 07:40 PM
If Taz / Don doesn't come back to revel in Sterling's hat trick, I think we can write off a return.

Looking like I might've been right about Sterling and wrong about Kane.

phonics
17-10-2015, 07:44 PM
I was bang on about Kane. Massive purple patch.

Multi
17-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Just saw this on fb: "surprise stat of the day: Giroud has now scored 34 PL goals over the last 3 seasons, only Aguerro (49) has scored more in that time".

Second best striker in the league. :cool:

Yevrah
17-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Just saw this on fb: "surprise stat of the day: Giroud has now scored 34 PL goals over the last 3 seasons, only Aguerro (49) has scored more in that time".

Second best striker in the league. :cool:

That the second highest scorer over three years only has 34 goals is fucking piss poor.

The state of the Premier League. :nono:

Samadini
17-10-2015, 09:27 PM
There can't even be many (any?) teams in the league who have had the same main striker for the last 3 seasons. Even Giroud's been sacked off now. Strikers, much like managers, need more time :dc:

(or teams need to stop buying cut-price, bang average, foreign gimps)

(they also need to stop selling the cut-price, bang average, foreign gimps that turn out to be decent after one good season (twats like Ba, Remy, Bony would be up there if they didn't move to sit on benches of bigger teams))

QE Harold Flair
17-10-2015, 09:31 PM
The third United documentary/programme on the BBC this month? It's almost like they're now based in Manchester.

Reg
17-10-2015, 09:38 PM
You can't really use that stat to bash the league's quality? Maybe the defending is amazing.

Yevrah
Fair points there Sama. The stockpiling of players by the big clubs is bollocks.

Yevrah
You can't really use that stat to bash the league's quality? Maybe the defending is amazing.

Well it's not, is it?

Giggles
17-10-2015, 09:39 PM
If they can, they can.

Reg
17-10-2015, 09:41 PM
No it isn't.

But you can't use that stat to bash the league, is my point.

You're right though, the last 3 years or so is the weakest it has been in my football-watching years.

Yevrah
17-10-2015, 09:42 PM
But you can't use that stat to bash the league, is my point.

In conjunction with actually watching it, of course you can.

GS
17-10-2015, 09:44 PM
34 goals over three seasons for the SECOND HIGHEST SCORER is fairly dire.

Reg
17-10-2015, 09:45 PM
In conjunction with actually watching it, of course you can.
Yes. It was a fairly pointless post, I'll admit.

Lewis
17-10-2015, 10:10 PM
It's not that bad is it? The big teams have all been through periods of upheaval and/or injuries, and the crap teams are (by definition) made up of players who can't put three consistent seasons together.

Luke Emia
17-10-2015, 10:39 PM
To be fair Suarez did get 31 on his own in one of those seasons.

igor_balis
17-10-2015, 11:07 PM
I'm with Reg, I'm not sure how the amount of goals scored by individual players over 3 seasons has anything to do with the overall quality of the division.

Yevrah
17-10-2015, 11:22 PM
It shows that there aren't that many good goalscorers in it.

Giggles
17-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Patience is lost too easily, as someone mentioned above. But that's the business now.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 06:33 AM
I was going to mention that the goals are being a bit more spread out now with the 'three behind the striker' consistently scoring a chunk - Sanchez, Hazard and Silva got 16, 14 and 12 respectively last season, but then about 12 was a decent return for your second striker (of a good team) in a 442 in the good old days of proper strikers wasn't it?

I suppose the strikers these days have more than the one job of just scoring and having the whole midfield try to go to him, they now need to get 'the three' into the game.

Bring back proper wingers crossing it in to Shearer please.

Shearer :drool:

If Newcastle bought back Routledge and Carroll in January and got relegated and loaned Nathan Dyer for the season I'd be in heaven.

Shindig
18-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Just do the inevitable and convert Janmaat to a right winger. One flank sorted.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 08:49 AM
Should have done the same with Santon. It's why every manager we go through can't resist the temptation of Gabriel 'Peanut' Obertan, the club doesn't have a single winger. Thauvin is close, but he's not the quickest.

Andy
18-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Can't think of many strikers who have stayed injury free and first choice over the last three seasons. Rooney is the only obvious example and he's just a bit shit these days. You don't get many strikers scoring 15+ a season consecutively anymore which is a shame but it's obviously down to 451/4231/433. You just don't get strike partnerships much anymore.

Trancemeister
18-10-2015, 09:38 AM
The Euro play offs

Ukraine - Slovenia
Sweden - Denmark
Bosnia-Herzegovina - Ireland
Hungary - Norway

Toby
18-10-2015, 09:39 AM
All pretty tough to call. I'd say those teams are nearly all around the same level.

Giggles
18-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Balls, it was Hungary or bust I think.

Multi
18-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Just discovered Turkey have qualified, even though coming third. Don't know why but fun news anyway, Turkey never qualify if they make the play-offs. Here's hoping for another 2008.

Toby
18-10-2015, 10:20 AM
The way the numbers work out with hosts qualifying automatically means best placed third team qualified automatically.

Toby
18-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Was Gayle pissed yesterday? Those Palace penalties were unbelievable, he was almost ahead of Cabaye for the first one.

Reg
18-10-2015, 02:02 PM
About to watch Moyes' Mighty Sociedad for the first time.

Weaver
18-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Testing the Twitter embedding function:

Davgooner
18-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Well done mate.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 02:28 PM
About to watch Moyes' Mighty Sociedad for the first time.

They're horrible.

Tiote :cool: with Krul that's about as good as Newcastle are going to get on paper.

Reg
18-10-2015, 02:34 PM
It is quite difficult to tell what they're actually trying to do, albeit against Atletico.

Fantastic goal from Griezmann.

Weaver
18-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Well done mate.

I'm killing it.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Come on you fucking tramps, give us a win for fucks sake.

Magic
18-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Uwe Rosler has won 5 out of his last 28 Championship games. :sick:

Byron
18-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Sama :rave:

Samadini
18-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Mon

Samadini
18-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Pretty sure there was another point this season where I was happy and it didn't end well, so I won't get too excited just yet.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 03:20 PM
For fucks sake

Samadini
18-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Mon

Andy
18-10-2015, 03:31 PM
This defending ....

Samadini
18-10-2015, 03:34 PM
For fucks sake

Smiffy

Demerit
Absolutely non existent defending from either team here, it's great.

Lee
This is ridiculous neither side has a clue how to defend. It's like watching two Leicesters.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Absolutely shite, this is amazing.

Danny
18-10-2015, 03:35 PM
This is going to finish about 9 all

Samadini
18-10-2015, 04:25 PM
:swing:

Magic
18-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Well...that escalated quickly.

Surely you prefer this type of gung ho lunacy?

Reg
18-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Pretty dull match, the Atletico one. Decent assist for Torres. It'll be interesting to see if Griezmann can join that 2nd tier of world class players.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Well...that escalated quickly.

Surely you prefer this type of gung ho lunacy?

Absolutely shite, this is amazing.

All over it.

Mitrovic is a proper striker, what a dude.

Samadini
18-10-2015, 04:47 PM
McClaren for England.

Shindig
18-10-2015, 04:50 PM
We comin' for you, Bournemouth!

Max Power
18-10-2015, 04:54 PM
1-0 Sunderland next week nailed on though.

Giggles
18-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Inter and Juventus on telly. Result.

Yevrah
18-10-2015, 06:50 PM
What's happened to Juve this season?

ScousePig
18-10-2015, 07:01 PM
We looked quite solid yesterday, but that might be because WBA are almost as shit as us.

Giggles
18-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Yellow card fest.

This Zaza character doesn't look up to much.

Max Power
18-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Inter-Juve is great. Ultra competitive and played at an electric pace. Inter the better side but you feel who goes down to ten men first will lose.

Bob Sacamano
19-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Rosler Sacked.

Steve Evans apparently due to take over :vomit:

Max Power
19-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Evans and Dirty Leeds is a perfect match

phonics
19-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Isn't he the crook/complete bastard?

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Evans and Dirty Leeds is a perfect match

http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/2DA9/production/_86198611_steveevans.jpg

It really is.

Andy
19-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Please tell me that fat cunt isn't there new manager?

Lewis
19-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Google Images appears to have collected only his fattest/stupidest faces ('Corporate Kane's let himself go').

CJay
19-10-2015, 07:32 PM
That looked like a possible red, but at least a foul and a yellow for Butland. Not sure how he got away with that.

Max Power
19-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Swansea look awful.

Big fan of that "Mr Bojan-goals" line from sky though

randomlegend
19-10-2015, 09:15 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34576840

What a twat.

Yevrah
19-10-2015, 09:20 PM
What was the £70k+ fine in 2005 for? I can't recall.

phonics
19-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Tapping up Ashley Cole.

Yevrah
19-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Was he the last (and only) person to be fined for that?

phonics
19-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Everton got fined in 2014 apparently but most of the high SEO results are the Ashley Cole thing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2543872/Everton-fined-45-000-tapping-Lascelles.html