PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

Pages : [1] 2

John
12-10-2015, 11:54 PM
There was enough moaning about spoilered posts on TWD in the main TV thread last year that we're aswell getting a thread going early on.

Spoiler pertains to season six episode one.

As entertaining as that was, and it was entertaining, it still had all the usual problems.

The plan to lure all the walkers from the massive pit to wherever Rick planned to get rid of them relied on the walkers in that garage being killed, but rather than dispatch them while they had about fifteen people on hand the day before, they sent three people to do it once it was time sensitive. I've always said you can overlook the various zombie tropes with this, the stealth zombies and the overwhelmed good guy inexplicably killing fifty of them off screen for surprise value, but that's just having people we're otherwise supposed to believe are hyper competent behave like idiots. That's not a genre trope, it's unforgivably poor writing.

Along similar lines, Rick has just seen Carter shit himself when confronted by about five walkers, having earlier wanted to kill him for putting a gun on Eugene. Why, at a crucial moment in the plan, seemingly about a week later, and without Carter having gained any ostensible experience or training, does he trust him to go off himself? If it was during a dry run and he hoped the twat would get eaten to save him the bother of having to biff him I could have bought it, but again, that's just having the main characters behave like puddings to create artificial tension.

I could have done without them repeating themselves, with Morgan entering just as Rick kills someone for the second time in two episodes, but I understand that they're hoping the audience will increase with each passing season, so I get the desire to refresh that potential conflict.

I think more than anything this episode serves to confirm that the show is immeasurably better when Morgan is around. The premiere is still the best episode they've ever done, and the other one in the top three along with the 'look at the flowers' episode is the second time Morgan turned up. Without him around to immediately see through Carol and all the other moments of quiet brilliance he brings I think I'd probably have been harder on this.

Benny
13-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Can we just go by the old GoT thread, in that there's no need to spoiler content about episodes that have aired, just don't visit the thread until you're up to date?

My thoughts on the episode:

Overall I enjoyed it. Very Tarantino-esque with the black and white flashbacks and the camera view from the boot of the car. I agree it seemed a bit ropey about why there was only three of them sent to smash the zombies, but I guess the others were all busy and if this show had any common sense from the start we wouldn't be on season 6.

Morgan is excellent, the scene on the stairs where he holds Judith and Rick explains why he didn't kill Carter, brilliant acting from the pair of them. I think Rick was planning on trying to save Carter, by cutting his cheek off, otherwise why didn't he stick the knife in straight away? Michonne is annoying me though, with her back and forth reactions to Morgan and Rick. I thought she'd come around to the idea that you've got to be a hardnut in this world now?

Special mention to Eugene, had a little lol during the gate scene, "respect to the hairstyle".

wullie
13-10-2015, 09:18 AM
I think spoilers if you've watched the AMC one early Monday, but once it's been on Fox here it's fair game.

Carter was another of those where they telegraph the death too obviously. Someone's either a minor character being a twat out of nowhere or is momentarily happy, then they're ripped apart. Maggie being best pals with the other girl, one of those two is dead before S7.

John
13-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Can we just go by the old GoT thread, in that there's no need to spoiler content about episodes that have aired, just don't visit the thread until you're up to date?

My thoughts on the episode:

Overall I enjoyed it. Very Tarantino-esque with the black and white flashbacks and the camera view from the boot of the car. I agree it seemed a bit ropey about why there was only three of them sent to smash the zombies, but I guess the others were all busy and if this show had any common sense from the start we wouldn't be on season 6.

Morgan is excellent, the scene on the stairs where he holds Judith and Rick explains why he didn't kill Carter, brilliant acting from the pair of them. I think Rick was planning on trying to save Carter, by cutting his cheek off, otherwise why didn't he stick the knife in straight away? Michonne is annoying me though, with her back and forth reactions to Morgan and Rick. I thought she'd come around to the idea that you've got to be a hardnut in this world now?

Special mention to Eugene, had a little lol during the gate scene, "respect to the hairstyle".

Michonne is on about version four at this point. She had to come around to the idea that you didn't have to be a closed off nutjob initially, she was walking around with two defanged walkers on leashes for a while, remember.

The others were otherwise engaged the next day when they were actually executing the plan, with explains why they only sent three then, but why not just wipe out the twats in the garage the day before, when they had a numbers advantage and wouldn't jeopardise their plan? If the walkers banging on the window would have dragged the million man march off course then why didn't the sound of a load of guns going off do the same?

Benny
13-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Michonne is on about version four at this point. She had to come around to the idea that you didn't have to be a closed off nutjob initially, she was walking around with two defanged walkers on leashes for a while, remember.

The others were otherwise engaged the next day when they were actually executing the plan, with explains why they only sent three then, but why not just wipe out the twats in the garage the day before, when they had a numbers advantage and wouldn't jeopardise their plan? If the walkers banging on the window would have dragged the million man march off course then why didn't the sound of a load of guns going off do the same?

Michonne has been around the houses with her mental states. From memory, she went from closed off crazy (Morgan style), to becoming too soft and needing to 'escape' the prison everyday on big walks, to being a best friend/surrogate mum to Carl whilst looking for a new place to stay, to this confused faced girl now.

It was annoying when they used their guns, these walkers aren't particularly quick, is it really impossible to do it stealthy? I'm surprised that Reg and Co. (or any engineer) never built an automatic zombie smasher. Lead the walkers down a pathway into a pit, which has a big squishing device on continuous pounding mode.

In terms of opening episodes, it fell short of the past couple of seasons as we've had some blinders in that respect, it was still a good hour spent though. The main problem is seeing who the next 'big' character to die is, as the show needs one to keep any sort of momentum, but on the flip side they've dug themselves a grave as the vast majority of new characters are too new for us to really give a shit about.

wullie
13-10-2015, 01:37 PM
They only seem to be quick for plot purposes. The few that chased the kid almost into the quarry had him sprinting, whereas Daryl and Sasha were basically Fred Flintstoning their vehicles away from the slow mob, they could have just had Abraham walking with the tinfoil and save them all some petrol.

Alex
13-10-2015, 05:48 PM
"Do you really think you can take this community from us? From Glen? From Michonne? From Daryl? FROM ME? Do You have any idea WHO you're talking to?".

Fucking Rick. :cool:

Having his very own Heisenberg moment there.

I thought it was a good opener. I was hoping it would end with some sort of cool, walker-mass-slaughter though. If they all now mooch off and overrun the town and it goes to shit already it's going to be a bit rubbish. I don't think that will happen though.

Do we think the implication was that he was leading them all away to kill them all somewhere? Or was he just going to lead them all 20 miles outside town, leave them there and hope they stayed away? I wasn't quite sure. I feel like if you wanted to devise some sort of mass zombie cull then the original spot they found them in looked pretty solid for that.

Who knew they all walked so obediently in nice straight lines down the road too? And all you need to make it happen is a noisy motorbike and a couple of flare guns. If only the US military had known you could round them up like this a year or so ago (how long have they actually meant to have been out there now?), I feel like they could have been much more efficient at managing the problem.

Chrissy
13-10-2015, 05:53 PM
I'm liking it. The writing is all very on the nose with the dialogue but you'd expect that with an opening episode. Overall it was not too bad.

John
13-10-2015, 06:07 PM
"Do you really think you can take this community from us? From Glen? From Michonne? From Daryl? FROM ME? Do You have any idea WHO you're talking to?".

Fucking Rick. :cool:

Having his very own Heisenberg moment there.

I thought it was a good opener. I was hoping it would end with some sort of cool, walker-mass-slaughter though. If they all now mooch off and overrun the town and it goes to shit already it's going to be a bit rubbish. I don't think that will happen though.

Do we think the implication was that he was leading them all away to kill them all somewhere? Or was he just going to lead them all 20 miles outside town, leave them there and hope they stayed away? I wasn't quite sure. I feel like if you wanted to devise some sort of mass zombie cull then the original spot they found them in looked pretty solid for that.

Who knew they all walked so obediently in nice straight lines down the road too? And all you need to make it happen is a noisy motorbike and a couple of flare guns. If only the US military had known you could round them up like this a year or so ago (how long have they actually meant to have been out there now?), I feel like they could have been much more efficient at managing the problem.

They could have just tied a load of garrotes between the trees on that road and had Daryl duck on his way along. They'd have sorted themselves out in about an hour.

I think the fact that they went into plenty of detail about how to corral and lead the walkers, but no detail on where they were leading them to or what they were doing when they got there is quite a good indication that the writers didn't know. They had the idea that they'd try to lead them away and then someone else lures them elsewhere, and no further thought was applied.

The scale of the whole thing already made it feel a bit like a response to Game of Thrones beating them at their own game earlier in the year, so if it'd ended with half an hour of Rick and his newly trained A-Team tearing zombies up it'd have been an unavoidable comparison.

Another thing, how the fuck has that zombie hole gone unnoticed if it's close enough to Alexandria that Rick and Morgan spot it while out burying a body? Are they supposed to have walked about ten miles away to bury the bloke, or is that another thing we're supposed to overlook? Surely if they haven't walked an unreasonable distance to bury that twat one of the lookouts should have noticed the video to Gravel Pit going on up the road?

Benny
13-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Didn't those people that returned from scouting (the ones Eugene spoke to at the gate) say that they found it and were on their way back? Or have I just imagined that?

John
13-10-2015, 06:26 PM
They said they saw the trucks positioned a few weeks earlier, but at that point it was just a camp that had been fucked over rather than an anthill. That timeline makes very little sense, but it's the one they're going with.

Mike
13-10-2015, 06:56 PM
I really enjoyed this weeks episode. I enjoy the show a great deal actually, despite seeing how rubbish it is at times I still really like it.

All that talk of peanut butter protein bars and stuff like it to show "what we're doing is so much the norm for us now we talk about dull stuff as we do it" is annoying though.

John
13-10-2015, 07:59 PM
That was a call back to when they found Morgan in his 'look how fucking mad I am' lair, was it not?

wullie
13-10-2015, 09:07 PM
I think Michonne actually did steal a bar.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-10-2015, 09:08 PM
ofc she did, the bitch.

wullie
14-10-2015, 08:50 AM
I notice that Fox are also showing the Talking Dead straight after now (I think they did for the finale of s5 too maybe?) which seems a bit of overkill, but I did like that Michael Cudlitz hates on TV when you see people pretending to drink from empty cups as you can always tell. That's always been a mild annoyance of mine.

Alex
15-10-2015, 07:32 PM
That was a call back to when they found Morgan in his 'look how fucking mad I am' lair, was it not?

:D

Good little lair that, to be fair. I'd have stayed there.

Alex
19-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Great episode this week. I'm not sure what time it airs over here so I'll leave it a bit before I saying anything else, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Mike
19-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed it again this week.

wullie
20-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Cancel Fear The Walking Dead and have the spinoff just be Carol and Morgan roaming the country getting into scrapes and moral dilemmas.

(Do the same with Homeland, just have Quinn being all handsome on covert ops around the world)

Benny
20-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Holy fuck was that a brutal episode, from the start (poor turtle) to the end. The Wolves are clearly a mental lot, the way they just kept smashing at corpses with their blades. Morgan was annoying though, surely watching these mentals hacking away at people would be enough for you to lose your moral highground and perhaps not try and take prisoners, although it was funny when Carol walked up and blasted that bloke in the face.

Ron is a little turd as well.

Alex
20-10-2015, 06:48 PM
They were all a bit Michael Myers with the hacking and slashing, weren't they?

Carol basically running the lot of them off on her own. :cool:

I know they're meant to be the new big threat, but my main thought after that episode was "just wait until Rick gets back". They had no guns or anything. It took a little while but Carol and Morgan got rid of them (the rest of Alexandria really are fucking useless aren't they?), but can you imagine if Rick and the rest of the A-Team were around? He'd have had the lot of them rounded up, interrogated and shot and probably be straight on his way to wherever they call home to sort the rest of them out.

I suppose the point is that they planned this attack when they knew the community would be at it's weakest (somebody is on the inside I guess, probably Carl's missus who disappeared at the end of the episode) but they've fucked it now. The community is still standing, he's going to come back, re-group and then go fucking ape shit. :nod:

Why was Morgan there and Rick and company weren't? Is he just a LOT faster at running than the rest of them or something?

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Morgan can teleport.

Mike
26-10-2015, 02:57 PM
This weeks episode...... Fuck!

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Glenn isn't dead.

The shot as they were falling really made a point to make sure that Nicholas fell on top of Glenn. It will be his body that they were feasting on and some how, like usual, Glenn will find his way out of it.

wullie
26-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Woah, spoilers at least until it airs here.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Surely it's by US pace? Like every other thread we've had on a TV show on TTH.

I have absolutely no idea when it airs over here.

Mike
26-10-2015, 05:23 PM
9pm tonight, I always thought it was UK air for spoilers.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-10-2015, 05:25 PM
9pm tonight, I always thought it was UK air for spoilers.
For previous shows/threads it was always US pace, primarily because the UK used to get most things about a month later at the earliest.

Kikó
26-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Mahow:
If that's the case, it will be a massive cop out. Once they got through el dickhead, there would still be hundreds off them ready to munch on a Chinese take out.

Jeet
26-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Really get bored of Walking Dead now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Mahow:
If that's the case, it will be a massive cop out. Once they got through el dickhead, there would still be hundreds off them ready to munch on a Chinese take out.
Of course it will but that's The Walking Dead for you.

Glenn will realise that they're not chomping on him and somehow slither out of there.

Jeet
26-10-2015, 09:57 PM
http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/glenn-walking-dead-what-happened.html

John
26-10-2015, 11:43 PM
I watched the last two episodes in one sitting earlier, so here goes.

Surely it's by US pace? Like every other thread we've had on a TV show on TTH.

I have absolutely no idea when it airs over here.

So you posted without reading the thread? It's established right away that it airs here one day later than in the US and that it's no real hassle to post in spoilers for that period.

They were all a bit Michael Myers with the hacking and slashing, weren't they?

Carol basically running the lot of them off on her own. :cool:

I know they're meant to be the new big threat, but my main thought after that episode was "just wait until Rick gets back". They had no guns or anything. It took a little while but Carol and Morgan got rid of them (the rest of Alexandria really are fucking useless aren't they?), but can you imagine if Rick and the rest of the A-Team were around? He'd have had the lot of them rounded up, interrogated and shot and probably be straight on his way to wherever they call home to sort the rest of them out.

I suppose the point is that they planned this attack when they knew the community would be at it's weakest (somebody is on the inside I guess, probably Carl's missus who disappeared at the end of the episode) but they've fucked it now. The community is still standing, he's going to come back, re-group and then go fucking ape shit. :nod:

Why was Morgan there and Rick and company weren't? Is he just a LOT faster at running than the rest of them or something?

The Wolves are a problem in terms of how they're written and portrayed, though not the biggest problem after tonight. How does a group organised enough to survive this long and set up that trap with the zombie dubstep party last year, large enough to reckon they can take on a walled community and absorb whatever losses come their way, and violent enough to waste time hacking off the arm of a dead man for the sake of it, not have a fair arsenal of their own? Surely over the course of whatever scavenging activities have provided them with the food to survive they should have picked up some firearms of some sort. If they have them, why not use them on a walled community they know has an admittedly terrible sniper protecting the walls? If they don't, why the fuck not? If they've been refusing to use them for reasons of principle or whatever then why does the chief twat take one with him when he leaves at the end of episode two and use it on Rick last night? Just a complete mess.

As for the organised nature of the raid, The Wolves had the intro package that the Alexandrian who found the Rickshaw in the barn last year was carrying around with him. He left his bag in the car Morgan saved him and Daryl from. Presumably they were keeping an eye on the place and decided to make their move when they saw ninety five percent of the characters with names heading out.

Morgan was there because Rick sent him back to let everyone else know what had happened immediately after he'd killed the dickhead who got his cheek bitten off.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that Enid is in league with The Wolves, since her JSS mantra would encourage her to hedge her bets with any group which looks like it might be the strongest, but I doubt she's a member. Her 'that's how we were able to...' line was cut off at exactly right moment to leave it ambiguous as to whether she was talking about The Wolves getting in or her and Carl sneaking out unnoticed. Even terrible writers, as this show has its share of, wouldn't do that for no reason at all.

Now tonight's episode.

They've fucked themselves. If the walkers were eating Glenn it'd mean his intestines were somewhere in his upper chest, so if he is dead then it's an absolute certainty that he's been killed offscreen. The framing of the shot makes it obvious that they didn't actually want to show Glenn dying, since they've never flinched from showing main characters being offed before, but the music choices and organisation of the episode makes it obvious that they wanted to leave it ambiguous enough to encourage speculation. Either they've broken with tradition at the least sensible moment possible and killed a popular character offscreen (and when was the last time they klled one of the original mob from the quarry where Carol's husband copped it?), or they've introduced the most ridiculous escape yet.

It's a shame, since even taking the thousands of plotholes into account this has been a very good start to the season.

Finally, on plotholes, how fucking bad was Rick's plan to deal with the quarry zombies? It's quite literally kicking the can down the road.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-10-2015, 12:07 AM
I did read the thread, the only posts regarding spoilers/times/dates etc are by Benny stating it should be like the old GoT threads (which airs the same day in the UK, but still people posted without spoilers after the US) and Wullie saying he thinks spoilers should be kept until it's aired on Fox (but doesn't mention when it happens).

I think as much discussion as possible in TV threads should be without the spoiler tag, as such it should be done by US pace.

John
27-10-2015, 12:58 AM
Until yours earlier there wasn't a single unspoilered post in this thread which revealed plot details and was posted before the UK air time. I know I'm a little overcautious with spoilers when talking about shows I know are being watched at different rates by different members, but I really don't know why anyone wouldn't be. It's only an extra nineteen keystrokes on your part and one extra click on the part of the reader,

I simply don't believe that you had 'no idea when it airs here'.

Benny
27-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Meh, enjoyed that episode, even if it was full of idiotic decisions from start to finish. If Glenn is alive then it's a seriously stupid move by the writers/directors, if he's dead then it was quite an anti-climatic for one of the original badmans.

Was Rick bit on his hand, or was he cut from the knife?

John
27-10-2015, 09:59 AM
It looked like a cut from the knife breaking, but even if it's a bite it won't be significant. They've quietly revised the rules on walker bites over the years, or at the very least made them unclear enough that they can treat any particular bite however they please. Hershel's leg needed to be amputated immediately to prevent him turning but everyone was remarkably nonchalant about that bloke the other night being bitten on the shoulder.

Kikó
27-10-2015, 10:20 AM
I thought they were nonchalant because they knew he was a goner rather than because he could be saved?

The kicking the can down the road thing is great though because it literally is that. I'm still not sure what the plan is other than walk them down the road for a bit. Surely it would have been easier just to secure the quarry and pick them off that way rather than unleash them all for a silent protest.

I imagine Rick's RV will start up at the very last moment and some how Glenn has rolled under the bin and a cat running across the road distracts the herd. It was another episode where the zombies were suddenly a threat after (seemingly seasons) of them being inept. The other minor gripe is the scratching ability and how they try to grab most of the time rather than dig their nails in like they have done at others.

John
27-10-2015, 10:41 AM
The scene were Michonne wrote 'you're getting home' on her arm was after he was bitten, wasn't it?

Regardless, D'Angelo Barksdale was giggling like an arsehole last season because he reckoned he was feeding those cannibal twats 'tainted meat', despite the fact that everyone knows by this point that 'the virus' is already present in anyone still living.

The plan literally was to just move them along. They were shifting them twenty miles up the road and trusting that they'd be distracted by other stimuli from there. Other than pissing away all of Alexandria's fuel turning that quarry into a belisha beacon for the undead I'm struggling to come up with a worse plan than the one Rick did. I came up with an infinitely better one upthread, and I'm definitely not alone in having done so.

Kikó
27-10-2015, 10:50 AM
I think so but they were only getting him home so he could say good bye to his new wife. Before Rick or Carole taking him out.

Jeet
27-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Just keep it US pace. Sure the UK TV viewers can restrain themselves for 2 days clicking on this thread.

Alex
27-10-2015, 12:16 PM
If Glen is still alive then it's a huge cop-out, but I can absolutely see that being the case. I hope it isn't though. But, as others have said, if that was his death it was a bit of a weird one for such a central character. There wasn't much in the way of build up to it. One of the reasons why I can see him making it out. Although on paper there's absolutely no way he could have.

Every time any of them got cornered by a massive horde of zombies I'm taken back to the already established fact (I think all the way back in season one?) that if you cover yourself in zombie entrails they all leave you alone and let you walk around freely amongst them. Why they're all not wearing suits made from rotting zombie guts when they're out in these situations is beyond me.

Alex
27-10-2015, 12:20 PM
I think so but they were only getting him home so he could say good bye to his new wife. Before Rick or Carole taking him out.

That was what I took away from it too. He said "I know what it means" or something after he was bitten, didn't it? I think it was understood that they all knew it was only a matter of time before they had to off him. He just wanted to get back and talk to his wife before that happened.

Why do they always leave people screaming in pain as they get devoured by the walkers? They did it twice in this episode. With that bloke when he couldn't get over the fence and with that girl earlier in the episode when she fell and they caught up with her. You would at least put a bullet in them as you retreated off wouldn't you, bit of a mercy kill.

Kikó
27-10-2015, 01:43 PM
It annoyed me more that Michonne and that just stood there staring at home behind this crappy iron gate for a few minutes enjoying it. Bizarre behaviours as usual.

Benny
27-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Every time any of them got cornered by a massive horde of zombies I'm taken back to the already established fact (I think all the way back in season one?) that if you cover yourself in zombie entrails they all leave you alone and let you walk around freely amongst them. Why they're all not wearing suits made from rotting zombie guts when they're out in these situations is beyond me.

They changed some of the backroom staff and you'll notice the zombies were different in season one to the rest of the show, they were more intelligent (think back to the first episode where the woman tries opening the door, and the little girl picks up the toy bear). Not sure how that would mean the zombies would now recognise someone wearing entrails, because IIRC Carol had some of that shit on her when she rescued them from Terminus.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-11-2015, 12:37 AM
That was probably one of my favourite episodes thus far.

SvN
03-11-2015, 12:47 AM
It was great, wasn't it? It was awfully predictable that Morgan would end up being responsible for his death, but I didn't really mind.

Alex
03-11-2015, 12:51 AM
It was a well put together episode, and we did need something to fill in Morgans backstory. Great performance from Lennie James too, but that's pretty par for the course with him anyway.

I'm not massively taken with the idea that a middle aged, somewhat overweight, prison psychiatrist who took up Aikido as a hobby taught him to fight like a ninja though.

wullie
03-11-2015, 08:21 AM
I don't see why not, a feeble janitor taught Daniel Larusso how to take on the world.

Benny
03-11-2015, 09:27 AM
The issue I have with this 'all life is precious' lifestyle is surely when something is destroying that life, e.g. The Wolves, wouldn't you therefore be compelled to put an end to it? Is the one life of a bad person worth the lives of several 'good' people?

The locked up wolf is clearly going to come back to haunt him, either by escaping and killing someone or perhaps even killing Morgan, although I doubt it.

Kikó
09-11-2015, 09:33 PM
That last episode was wall to wall fluff.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-11-2015, 11:06 PM
That's being kind to it.

From one of the best episodes of the show to one of the very worst.

I really want that doctor lady to die a horrible death.

SvN
09-11-2015, 11:11 PM
Indeed, dull dull dull.

Benny
10-11-2015, 08:49 AM
"No I will go alone"
"No I should go alone"
"No you can't go alone, let me"

Fuck off.

wullie
10-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Was the bit at the end signifying a living character's blood or just a small hole in the fence? Every time Deanna appears on screen it takes me a second or two to realise she's not a walker.

Nick
10-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Deanna has been threatening to go full mental for a while now and we're getting to the stage where she needs to be one or the other, because she's adding nothing at the moment, especially if she's going to hand leading Alexandria over to Rick.

The way she killed the walker with the broken bottle suggested that was the moment to send her over the edge.

The Glenn thing needs to be resolved now. Hopefully they don't string it out for another episode. I thought it'd be revealed at the end of last night's episode as Maggie was going off on her crusade, but all that served to do was give her renewed optimism.

It was all a bit 'filler' for me. Hopefully next week is an improvement.

Benny
10-11-2015, 09:28 AM
I thought the blood seeping through the fence was a way to show a crack in the fencing, from the truck hitting it. Maggie revealing she's pregnant is an interesting touch, as it's something that isn't really touched on in the series (save for Lori with Judith). I kept expecting Morgan's prisoner to fuck some shit up, especially when Jessie was walking up to the window to reveal the suicide walker.

wullie
10-11-2015, 09:29 AM
They seem to be sticking with two or three episodes happening in different places but at the same time for the first half of the season, so nothing will be resolved or revealed too quickly. It's like last season when it closed with Darryl telling someone to come out and it was around three years before we found out it was Chris Rock.

Benny
10-11-2015, 11:06 AM
The water zombies were fucking grim, the special FX have got a lot better as the show has grown.

wullie
10-11-2015, 11:24 AM
They looked ready to fall apart, she could have just yanked their jaws off like Michonne did with her family.

Benny
10-11-2015, 11:26 AM
There was a lazy continuity mistake when Erin was seeing laying around in swamp water and in the very next shot they have a close up of the two of them walking into the tunnel, with his legs and arse bone dry.

wullie
10-11-2015, 11:27 AM
The kid Carl was scrapping with is definitely going to try killing either him or Rick right? Probably kill his mum or brother by mistake, the little twat.

Kikó
10-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Teen angst is nearly as annoying as the continued idiocy from the majority of incumbents in that town. They need a cull.

Nick
10-11-2015, 11:55 AM
The water zombies were fucking grim, the special FX have got a lot better as the show has grown.

Agreed. When Maggie was holding one of them off, trying to push it away, her hands were just going through it, playing around with it's innerds.

---

As for the blood coming through the fence at the end, I initially took it as walker blood from the crush on the other side. Upon reflection, the fact that it was even shot makes me think it's something more significant.

Benny
10-11-2015, 12:05 PM
It's definitely to show a crack in the fence and therefore an impending doom to the township...

Did make me laugh when Ron asks Rick to teach him how to shoot a gun and Rick doesn't any potential problem with that idea. To me Ron's game is to try and get Rick to leave the town looking for that little scamp Enid, hopefully get his tits bit off by a walker and die, leaving him to shoot Carl in his mullet riding face.

Nick
10-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Hopefully that impending doom becomes a reality. The show is much better when they're out in the open, fighting off walkers and doing food runs rather than being all tucked up in housed communities and hiding behind walls.

Benny
10-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Problem with stumbling across yet another community is that the same lesson seems to be taught each time, with the moral being 'you think you know it all but you don't, Rick and Co. know what they're doing out there'. I'm more interested in knowing who was behind the Wolves, they seemed to have some head honch running shit.

Kikó
10-11-2015, 01:36 PM
I'd much rather they actually go to a community with scientists or some sort of government which shows signs of society. That brief period where they were in that disease centre was great as it felt like there was something beyond the end of the world. As it is, it's just a Scooby doo scene or plant, window, door until a major character dies.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
10-11-2015, 03:16 PM
More action-packed fluff indeed. It was good to see an appearance from Arthur Leigh Allen the other week though.

wullie
10-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Alleged spoiler for next season

Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast as Negan, will appear in this season's finale

SvN
10-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Probably means he's be leaving The Good Wife, I assume.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Another shitter of an episode.

SvN
16-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Yep.

For all of the "action", nothing changes. The net result of the episode that was Daryl lost his crossbow and motorbike and Abraham has a new outfit.

Benny
16-11-2015, 07:38 PM
I enjoyed it.

:sorry:

Kikó
16-11-2015, 09:08 PM
It does look like
we will probably have a new showdown with a new bunch of bastards. No idea where or what the heard was doing during all this nonsense but they are probably still meandering on like refugees in Europe.

Better episode than last week but it's not quite hit the spot.

wullie
16-11-2015, 10:24 PM
I liked that episode a lot, seems to be setting everything up. The pair of legs walking around in charge is Negan, I assume

Kikó
23-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Fuck off the start of this episode.

Jeet
23-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Not watched the last 2 eps as I have been bored by them. Basically it's just been on in the background while I play FM.

Alex
23-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Fuck off the start of this episode.

Pretty much.

I'm sure we all sort of knew the Glenn cop-out was coming, but at least make it fucking interesting. He crawled underneath a dumpster and waited a bit until all 500 of them just got bored and left? Fuck off.

By the same logic they should just turn all the lights off in Alexandria, wait overnight and be completely zombie free again.

Sam
23-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Switched it off after that cop out bullshit, done, so pissed.

Benny
23-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Anyone really surprised?

I reckon a lot of people will be done with this show after this season finishes, one of the podcasts I listen to called this happening and said this is the only time they've actually thought about throwing the towel in, however it's how they make their living so they're obliged to carry on watching it.

Sam
23-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Anyone really surprised?

I reckon a lot of people will be done with this show after this season finishes, one of the podcasts I listen to called this happening and said this is the only time they've actually thought about throwing the towel in, however it's how they make their living so they're obliged to carry on watching it.

Heh, me and girlfriend just switched over when we saw that.

Kikó
23-11-2015, 09:30 PM
I don't think it redeemed itself at any point. Compete wank.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Glenn isn't dead.

The shot as they were falling really made a point to make sure that Nicholas fell on top of Glenn. It will be his body that they were feasting on and some how, like usual, Glenn will find his way out of it.

Of course it will but that's The Walking Dead for you.

Glenn will realise that they're not chomping on him and somehow slither out of there.
Called it.

The writers are so fucking shit.

Jeet
23-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Called it aswell and I'm watching it half-arsed.

John
23-11-2015, 10:51 PM
We all called it.

wullie
24-11-2015, 10:57 AM
I don't think anyone believed he was dead, it was just how he'd get out of it. Waiting for them all to go away is alright but doesn't tally with them never leaving the walls of Alexandria. I thought someone would come save him somehow.

The kid planning to kill Carl has to be dead next episode. Stupid whiny girl will probably do the job.

Danny
24-11-2015, 11:23 AM
After Carls hard man act, I wouldn't miss him.

Kikó
24-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Nobody will ever miss Cuurrl. Not even Rick.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-11-2015, 11:57 AM
The zombies near Glenn must have fucked off a long way too, he was properly giving it the 'EEEENID' and not a single one came near them.

Alex
24-11-2015, 07:15 PM
There was a time when I really liked Carl. When they were at the prison I think. Rick had turned into a complete fanny (that shit "Farmer Rick" stage he had post "this isn't a democracy anymore!" but pre-beard, bad times) and Carl went the other way, didn't want to hang around with the other kids, just wanted to shoot guns and kill things all the time. Around the time he shot the other kid and Hershel grassed him in. He was good then. He's been a bit shit for a while now though.

That kid will definitely try something. I'm not sure anyone could blame him either. Hardly the greatest idea is it? Get the father and son duo who killed his Dad and sort of stole his girlfriend, respectively, to team up and collectively patronise him whilst teaching him how to operate firearms.

Rick casually tearing Gabriels poster down and not making any effort to hide the fact he'd just done it was, for some reason, laugh-out-loud funny to me. :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-11-2015, 03:30 PM
I haven't watched this weeks episode yet but I really hope that quite a few of the dickhead characters are mown down.

I'll probably watch the episode and be absolutely seething that not only no one managed to die but they somehow also miraculously save the fucking town.

wullie
30-11-2015, 10:13 PM
One out of two at least, unless you're a particular Deanna fan.

Felt a bit limp, as if this was the episode before the mid-season finale rather than the show itself. The Wolf guy was about the only good thing in it, although when Ron's stood there with the silhouetted walkers behind him I was sure he was toast.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-11-2015, 10:44 PM
One out of two at least, unless you're a particular Deanna fan.

Felt a bit limp, as if this was the episode before the mid-season finale rather than the show itself. The Wolf guy was about the only good thing in it, although when Ron's stood there with the silhouetted walkers behind him I was sure he was toast.
Nope, she was one on my list.

Hopefully the little bitch Sam and the female doctor get the boot too.

Alex
01-12-2015, 01:00 AM
Well, that was shit.

Alex
01-12-2015, 01:15 AM
"Hey, everyone, great news! I just remembered that we can smear ourselves in Walker guts and stroll around staring right at them and they won't even notice we're human, I can't believe I forgot this was a thing!".

They need to do this so the Walker's won't smell them, he says. Why didn't the fucking Walker's smell Glenn when several hundred of them knew he was hiding under a fucking bin? Why doesn't Glenn kill a Walker, roll around in its innards and just walk back into the fucking town and look for Maggie and the rest of them, if it's that easy?

I don't like to be that guy that nitpicks, but the writing is infuriatingly bad sometimes.

Kikó
02-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Why don't they all just carry walkers around with chains like Michone used to? It would make them invisible.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
02-12-2015, 10:07 PM
It's very difficult to care about anyone in this any more, I look forward to everyone dying more and more.

Alex
15-02-2016, 05:57 PM
:uhoh:

So, are we all back in?

Kikó
15-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Is it back again? I'm looking forward to another 8 weeks of disappointment.

Alex
15-02-2016, 08:19 PM
It is. The new episode is actually alright as well. I'd even go as far as to throw the term "action packed" around.

Jeet
15-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Decent ep, downhill from the premiere again I bet.

Mike
15-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Was pretty action packed.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Sam killed :drool:

Smiffy
16-02-2016, 02:46 PM

Mike
16-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Karl's a badass!! A one eyed badass. He better get a patch

Smiffy
16-02-2016, 05:17 PM

Kikó
17-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Great episode. Really wooden acting but made up for the action and maybe Karl will stop being so whiney.

Smiffy
17-02-2016, 10:25 AM

The Merse
19-02-2016, 05:19 PM
I think Carl's been fine for a couple of seasons now. Not sure why all the hate resides.

John
19-02-2016, 05:26 PM
The writing is different, though no less terrible, but the kid still can't act so he's still basically the same wanker.

Mike
19-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Karl is a badass!

Alex
29-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Very good again this week, I thought. Although when did Abraham start speaking almost exclusively in stupid little turns of phrase?

CJay
29-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Is this available to stream anywhere in UK / Ireland? Or should I just buy it on iTunes? I'm kind of getting fed up with it, but still want to see how the story unfolds.

Andrew
09-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Show Box has all the series on mate.

CJay
09-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Sounds legal.

Andrew
09-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Been using it for ages, yet to have plod knock my door down.

No difference to the streaming boxes you can buy off Amazon I guess.

Alex
09-03-2016, 08:54 PM
It's been four for four since it returned from the mid-season hiatus. Strongest run of episodes in I don't know how long.

Mike
09-03-2016, 09:09 PM
It's become pretty damn good. It's a show I love but could never ever recommend to anyone to watch.

wullie
10-03-2016, 09:16 AM
With them heading to the big finale now, we're probably looking at an all-Maggie and Carol episode and then one following the guys who went off in the campervan before we get back to the juicy bits.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-03-2016, 03:09 PM
Probably going to get Farmer Carol now ffs.

Alex
15-03-2016, 12:35 AM
It's good to know that even when suffering a major crisis of conscience Carol still has enough in the locker to trap two people in a room and burn them alive. :cool:

The Merse
15-03-2016, 08:19 AM
My sodding superhub (dear god I hate virgin) went haywire around 3 mins from the end (I watch on Sky go) when carol is hand to hand scrapping with the ginger - I take it she got way then? Worth me going back for the last few minutes on demand?

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Eugene :sick:

Really, his dick was the only place you could think to bite him? Jesus fucking christ.

I think I actually drooled when the doctor got an arrow through the eye.

Alex
22-03-2016, 09:24 PM
I was very happy with the demise of the "doctor" (she was about as much of a doctor as I would be if I spent the next two weeks reading medical text books), annoying bitch. Seconds before she took the arrow through the head I was honestly thinking "I wish they would kill this bitch off", and then when it happened momentarily thought I'd developed the power to influence television with my mind. :D

The Eugene shit was weird. Everything about Eugene is weird actually. Is he meant to be a straight up comedy character? I'm never sure how to take him. It's like a different show when him and Abraham are on screen together. Their dialogue never really makes any sense.

This Carol stuff if rubbish. They pulled it out of nowhere, with no lead up or development at all and in the space of two episodes fast tracked it to the point where she's left. It makes no sense at all.

John
23-03-2016, 01:40 AM
I've been slowly catching up and just finished the comedy roadshow episode with the great at everything goth twat. What a load of shit that was. I was out after the Glenn stuff, but I've seen a few people saying they had their mojo back in recent weeks. They don't.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
23-03-2016, 06:52 AM
I've only watched one episode since it came back and I'm struggling to give any more fucks about it.

Josh
23-03-2016, 09:11 AM
It's so fucking annoying. Yes, let the only doctor we have out of the complex. Yes, let the only intelligent guy go around with just one other guy.

It's completely back to using stupidity to further the plot.

John
23-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Episodes eleven and twelve were both good, with twelve being excellent in places. It's probably the most morally complex the show has ever been, actually.

While they've wiped out entire towns before, it's always been in the context of defending themselves or their own, so having Rick and the Rockettes murder a whole load of people in their sleep, people who don't actually pose any threat at this point, is taking things down a fairly dark path.

I disagree that Carol having a crisis of conscience has come out of nowhere, by the way. It was triggered in episode nine, but they've been setting up for a trip down that path since whenever Morgan and Carol started having their violence vs vegetarianism debate. She was visibly taken aback when the Wolf jumped on the walker to let Denise get away even after she'd just shot him. A rare moment of nuanced character work. I reserve the right to retract this praise if I get caught right up and Tobin is smacking her around the house while she cries and makes pasta bakes.

The Merse
23-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Have to agree with that. It's been far more nuanced in its exploration of the characters since its return, and it helps that the focus isn't on Glenn or Shinobi, who are fine characters in different ways but have been done to death (or not as the case may be). I thought we'd seen everything of Carole with her finding her inner feminist followed by descent into near madness and standard WD cuntitude then transformation into heroine of the piece. But since the break, she's stolen the show.

John
25-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Caught up and yeah, while Carol's turn to pacifism didn't come out of nowhere it did escalate far too quickly and her ultimate reasoning makes little to no sense.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Just fucking end the show, that episode was just awful and I'm too invested now to just stop watching it.

Utter tripe until Neagan turned up and then it descended into horse wank for the last couple of minutes.

Why that episode needed to be extra long I have no fucking idea.

My money is on Abraham that was killed. The whole thing with Eugene about him now not being a quivering mess and thinking about starting a family just seems to set it up and they've done it before. Beth and Tyreese were background characters who were brought into the main fold then getting killed not long after.

I really hope that next season is the last but apparently David Alpert wants 12 fucking seasons of this crap.

The Merse
05-04-2016, 12:58 AM
It was top stuff by my reckoning. The menace throughout topped any of their more explosive previous run ins with other groups.

Alex
05-04-2016, 01:57 AM
Do we need to spoiler things once it's already aired? I will for the time being, just in case.

I was pissed off about it initially but, surprisingly, I think I've gotten over it almost completely. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was so good in those last ten minutes, I'm really look forward to a having him as a main cast member.

I like that they really flipped the whole dynamic on it's head over the course of the episode too. To see Rick start the episode still totally confident (overly confident really, I love it when Rick wins but he's been almost annoyingly smug recently) that he can handle the Saviours, have that slowly eroded when he can't get to Hilltop because of all the road blocks and then to compound that with his complete realisation of how badly he's fucked up at the end was great. Andrew Lincoln played it really well. He looked a properly broken man at the end there.

I thought the first person view for the head bashing was a fantastic idea too, and it worked really well.

So yeah, fuck them for not showing us who got killed. Typical Walking Dead style nonsense. But the last third of the episode was so good I'm willing to let it slide.

There are really only three or four people in the line up of those on their knees who are a big enough deal for their death to carry the right amount of weight for it to be a sufficiently big payoff. I think it might end up being Daryl. Mainly because they seem to have scaled his role back a bit and I can see Reedus wanting to leave and do other things.

What I definitely don't care about is that Carol and Morgan nonsense.

Andrew
05-04-2016, 05:47 AM
Carols slide from a female Rambo to a total and utter cockwomble I can do without.

The only two we can be 99% certain it's not is Rick and Carl.

I think they haven't even decided who to kill off just yet anyway so a bit of a cop out really.

Mike
05-04-2016, 06:58 AM
I hear it's so they can discuss contracts better with a 'fine, you've died then' to anyone after big bucks.
That being said, I think it's
Carl.
The guy with Mankinds barb wire bat saying "if anyone moves I'll cut his other eye out and feed it to his Dad" before he started swinging is why.
I don't think he'll kill him though.

Smiffy
05-04-2016, 10:29 AM

wullie
05-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I think they used Carl to threaten Rick, so it's neither of them. It's a load of shit that they went with a soap cliffhanger rather than the shocking ending that was promised though.

The Merse
05-04-2016, 07:10 PM
I can't see it being Rick or Carl. I don't know his positioning against the trailer is worth considering - looked like one of the guys in the middle of the row.

Also - I can see them not being dead. This is the series that has let multiple central characters off the hook in ridiculous circumstances and Negan talks of not killing them...

My money is on the ginger fella.

Sam
05-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Depending how close they follow the comic books, there are a few you can eliminate.

Kikó
24-10-2016, 07:20 PM
The new episode is brutal.

Mike
24-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Aye, it was tough going.

When he killed Glen, it was a genuine shock for me, didn't see a second death coming at all.

Adamski
24-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Eeny Meeny Miny Moe :cool:

Alan Shearer The 2nd
24-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Aye, it was tough going.

When he killed Glen, it was a genuine shock for me, didn't see a second death coming at all.

When he finished with Abraham and it showed Darryl was still wearing his blanket (that we see on the ground at the beginning) I was expecting something to happen. It was the way the shot had Glenn right in behind Negan that gave me a bad feeling.

Fair play though, for all the monotonous and poorly written episodes there are, that was properly gut-wrenching.

Alex
24-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Well, that was fucking grim.

Smiffy
24-10-2016, 11:58 PM

wullie
25-10-2016, 07:19 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/39/34/aa/3934aa4816a833b48720dfd85cf13637.jpg

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-10-2016, 11:56 PM
I didn't think it was all that great, maybe I'm just done with it all.

Thought it was pretty clear that Abraham (they built him up too much in the last episodes of 6) and/or Glenn (comic books obviously and the whole 'oooh, is he dead yet?' bullshit they kept pulling) was going to die. I hated that they were really drawing it out and felt it was even more annoying than the finale of the 6th season.

I also don't like Neagan, I'm not sure if it's a slight on Jeffery Dean Morgan or the actual character but I feel it's too much and a case of 'LOOK HOW EVIL HE IS!!!!'

The deaths themselves were pretty awesome though, especially Glenn's with the eyeball.

Alex
26-10-2016, 12:43 AM
I thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan was the best thing about it, but then I do like him as an actor.

The deaths were a bit much I thought. Not the fact that they actually occurred, obviously that was coming, but the violence felt a bit gratuitous to me. Which is weird given that it's a show basically built around gratuitous violence and it's never bothered me before. But it was all just a bit "how much misery and punishment can we squeeze into 45 minutes of television" for my liking.

I get why they've done it though. They've got to establish just how badly the group have fucked up, or specially just how in over his head Rick has gotten. Before he inevitably mans up and wins again. Because nobody out-crazies Rick Grimes for long.

wullie
26-10-2016, 07:35 AM
Noah's face getting pulled apart is still the most gruesome of the lot for me.

Kikó
26-10-2016, 07:45 AM
God yeah. That was mental.

I thought it was all a bit much. It was uncomfortable viewing and probably over-egged it. It felt like Reagan said the same set of lines about 5-6 times in the end.

Anyway, Glenn actually survived.

Smiffy
26-10-2016, 10:50 AM

Alex
26-10-2016, 11:49 AM
I think it was sort of a collective idea to go after Negan. At least from the main people in the group. I can remember a scene at Hilltop with at least Rick, Abraham and Daryl present where they all tell Jesus they'll sort out the Saviours for him in exchange for some sort of alliance.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
26-10-2016, 02:07 PM
I thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan was the best thing about it, but then I do like him as an actor.

I read that he really didn't like filming the scene but Negan looks like he's absolutely loving every second so kudos.

Alex
01-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Is it just me who found the King Ezekiel stuff all very silly? I know they've had him explain the whole act he's putting on but I don't think I can get behind it.

"People want someone to follow", he says. OK, I can appreciate that. But in what world is that someone a ridiculously theatrical pretend King who talks like he's reciting Shakespeare all the time and has a pet tiger? Come on. Is that how quickly the people in the world have descended into totally idiocy? We're just making up "Kingdom's" now and getting in line behind pretend monarchs? Give me the foul-mouthed, baseball bat wielding mad man over that any day of the week.

That shit montage set to that bloody awful, choral Bob Dylan arrangement too. Especially Morgan's Mr. Miyagi-esque training scene with that new drip of a kid. And the continued insistence on totally ruining Carol as a character. Yeah, was not a fan of that episode.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
01-11-2016, 05:55 PM
He feels like a character you'd meet in Fallout.

mo
01-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Is it just me who found the King Ezekiel stuff all very silly? I know they've had him explain the whole act he's putting on but I don't think I can get behind it.

"People want someone to follow", he says. OK, I can appreciate that. But in what world is that someone a ridiculously theatrical pretend King who talks like he's reciting Shakespeare all the time and has a pet tiger? Come on. Is that how quickly the people in the world have descended into totally idiocy? We're just making up "Kingdom's" now and getting in line behind pretend monarchs? Give me the foul-mouthed, baseball bat wielding mad man over that any day of the week.

That shit montage set to that bloody awful, choral Bob Dylan arrangement too. Especially Morgan's Mr. Miyagi-esque training scene with that new drip of a kid. And the continued insistence on totally ruining Carol as a character. Yeah, was not a fan of that episode.

Totally with you on the last part there - Morgan's training scene and I now find myself hoping Carole gets her face eaten off for being a stubborn muppet.

wullie
02-11-2016, 08:40 AM
Was the last part Ezekiel making a booty call? I don't want to read about how fans are 'shipping' Carekiel or whatever shit people come up with now.

Foe
20-11-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm calling it. This programme is a load of shit now. It's done a lost.

Smiffy
21-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Avoid clicking if you haven't watched it.

Each episode has been shit since Lucille and given we're now five in that's bollocks. Maggie isn't doing it for me, nor is Jesus. It's another waste this week.

I'm almost done and I never thought that would be the case given I love zombies.

wullie
22-11-2016, 08:04 AM
I thought that was one of the better episodes, stuff actually happened to a few characters rather than them wasting an hour or longer on the same point being rammed home like last week.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Haven't watched this weeks episode yet but by christ was the fourth dull as shit, the fifth was better but it's still all just a giant barrel of 'meh'.

We're not actually going to get 12 seasons like the producers actually hope for are we? The plug needs to be pulled soon.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
28-11-2016, 11:16 PM
Comfortably the worst yet. You can just about get away with an entire episode focusing on one of the main characters when it involves the likes of Morgan/Lennie James opposite Eastman/John Carroll Lynch, not when it's some character you struggle to give a toss about.

The Merse
29-11-2016, 12:18 AM
I liked it.

Again, introducing more elements of the future Carl-led anti-Negen task force forged from the communities they are dependent on.

Quite how Carl is going to do it is another thing. Maybe his revenge attempt will just be a side note.

Alex
29-11-2016, 12:24 AM
I thought it was really dull this week. The girl who plays Tara just isn't a good enough actress to get that kind of screen time. I'm not really sure we need yet another community introducing into the mix either. Although I guess, as Merse says, they're laying the groundwork for some sort of anti-Negan coalition of the willing.

wullie
29-11-2016, 09:35 AM
I think it's good that they put focus on the lesser shown characters so you can really get to know Tara and Black Man With Dreads And Glasses

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-12-2016, 02:54 PM
:yawn:

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-12-2016, 12:36 PM
I think I should start watching these new episodes right before bed.

They're pretty effective at making me want to fall asleep.

Alex
08-12-2016, 02:39 PM
I think the best thing to do going forward at this point would just be to re-tool the entire show as a sitcom revolving solely around Negan.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Comfortably the best episode of the season and the best in quite some time.

Olivia dead and Spencer technically getting killed twice :drool:

I almost came as much as I did when Denise died.

Adamski
14-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Horrifying mental images aside, I thought it was just OK. They've essentially stretched out 30 minutes of storyline into 7 episodes.

I don't even really feel they did a great job of building Negan up and showing his 'reign of terror'. I know they have shown him do terrible things to reinforce this, but nothing that's really been that powerful to me.

Boydy
14-12-2016, 08:10 PM
I've blasted through all of this show in about a month and a half and I'm still loving it. Came in here to read about it now I've caught up and you're all a bunch of miserable bastards.

John
14-12-2016, 08:24 PM
You obviously just have no quality filter. Even the most enthusiastic fans I know are getting sick of it.

I haven't watched this season or the last two episodes of last season, and I doubt I ever will now. It had its moments but they're hidden in increasingly repetitive, badly written shit.

Boydy
14-12-2016, 08:50 PM
It's probably just being able to binge watch it. One or two episodes that don't have that much in them aren't that annoying as there are plenty more to go. Now that I'll be watching it week to week, I'll probably find it infuriating.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Not a bad episode but I still found myself hating it so much.

Alex
21-02-2017, 12:16 AM
This new development with the junkyard faction they've met is awful, isn't it? I don't know why I moan, because I'm not going to stop watching it at this point. But still. "Oh, you've beaten the spike-armoured zombie in the pit of death? Then of course we'll help you mysterious new stranger". Fuck off. Why are they all talking like that as well? I hope Negan murders them all.

Boydy
21-02-2017, 12:24 AM

Aye, the way they talk was annoying me.

Adamski
21-02-2017, 09:10 AM
What the fuck were they all about :D.

Don't remember them from the comics, like we need another fucking stupid group after the fish lesbians earlier in the series.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
21-02-2017, 10:02 AM
More to the point, how have the Saviors not come across a scrap yard that size?

Alex
06-03-2017, 11:36 PM
This new development with the junkyard faction they've met is awful, isn't it? I don't know why I moan, because I'm not going to stop watching it at this point. But still. "Oh, you've beaten the spike-armoured zombie in the pit of death? Then of course we'll help you mysterious new stranger". Fuck off. Why are they all talking like that as well? I hope Negan murders them all.

OK, they're doing it again. Why? Why are they fucking talking like that?

It's been, at most (judging by how old Judith looks) three years since the world "ended", and these cunts have all retreated to a junkyard and started talking in some broken form of English that sounds like it's been handed down through centuries of dwindling, post-apocolyptic generations.

You wouldn't do business with these people. Or, at the very least, you would tell them that they'll get their guns when they start talking in proper fucking sentences again.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-03-2017, 11:51 PM
Qurkiness init.

It's so fucking infuriating, I'm genuinely seething when they pop up.

Also hated that whole Rick and Michonne thing.

Smiffy
06-03-2017, 11:53 PM
I didn't even realise it had started again. :cab:

Four episodes for tonight it is. :drool:

Alan Shearer The 2nd
07-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Qurkiness init.

It's so fucking infuriating, I'm genuinely seething when they pop up.

Also hated that whole Rick and Michonne thing.

I'll add to that the whole desperately looking for weapons and ammo mission while wasting some sniper rifle rounds trying to hit a tin can.

It wouldn't be so dull if it didn't just focus on the group alone for a whole episode and no saviors. As cartoon villain as Negan is, it's a lot more entertaining when he's involved.

Alex
07-03-2017, 12:24 AM
I'll add to that the whole desperately looking for weapons and ammo mission while wasting some sniper rifle rounds trying to hit a tin can.

It wouldn't be so dull if it didn't just focus on the group alone for a whole episode and no saviors. As cartoon villain as Negan is, it's a lot more entertaining when he's involved.

Yep, that was daft wasn't it?

I would also nominate Rick for his "I think I'll just leave this swarm of oncoming walkers unattended for a minute while I climb this dilapidated old ferris wheel and shoot a deer for Michonne" moment of absolute fucking genius.

The deer looked like it had been inserted into the scene in post-production by an eight year old with a copy of Microsoft paint too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-03-2017, 12:43 AM
The deer was stunning, best thing they've ever done.

wullie
07-03-2017, 08:17 AM
They must have spent their sfx budget on the tiger and then had $10 left over, split between the CTRL+V deer and the wide shot of Rick looking out over the dump that seemed to have been produced from the same technology that saw Jerry chase Tom past the same table every three seconds.

Boydy
13-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Is anyone having trouble finding this week's episode online?

Adamski
14-03-2017, 06:17 AM
I got it on Exodus Boydy

Boydy
14-03-2017, 08:28 AM
So did I in the end but there weren't many versions available and the HD ones had hardcoded Spanish subtitles.

Adamski
14-03-2017, 09:20 AM
Yeah I just went with the subtitles.

Alex
28-03-2017, 03:34 PM
So, it's fair to say this has been the worst season right? Or is that harsh? I don't think it is, but it's difficult to be objective this far in.

Also, The Saviours are quite clearly the better option at this point. It might get a bit medieval over there sometimes, but we are rebuilding society here, you have to start somewhere. At least they have rules to adhere to and consequences if they don't. Negan executes rapists, Rick robs helpless women of their only means of defence. Case closed.

Boydy
28-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Also, The Saviours are quite clearly the better option at this point. It might get a bit medieval over there sometimes, but we are rebuilding society here, you have to start somewhere. At least they have rules to adhere to and consequences if they don't. Negan executes rapists, Rick robs helpless women of their only means of defence. Case closed.

I was starting to think that last night. After he killed that rapist I thought 'maybe he's not so bad'.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-03-2017, 07:13 PM
It is easily the worst season.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
29-03-2017, 07:17 PM
He's got principles at least.

John
29-03-2017, 07:17 PM
My decision to bin this after the complete shambles of Glenn and the Magic Dumpster looks more and more pleasing. I've been continuing to check in to this thread to see if there was any raving about it that might bring me back, but it's essentially been either quiet or moaning. The pilot remains the best episode.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Another bullshit episode but at least it's over with for a bit now.

Sasha though :cool:

wullie
04-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Those dump people were a really stupid addition, even for this show.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Stupid not, just smart.

WANKERS.

Raoul Duke
19-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Right - I've powered through this show over the last couple of months.

Seasons 1-6: fantastic stuff

Season 7: fucking christ on a bike, the biggest jump-the-shark since the actual shark jump. What a load of fucking bollocks. A tiger? Fuck off. These junkyard cunts? COME ON!

So depressing. Why didn't Negan turn up with his whole crew and just fucking murder everyone? Dickhead. Instead he turns up with about six people and attempts to do a magic trick with a coffin for no fucking reason.

John
19-04-2017, 11:18 PM
Right - I've powered through this show over the last couple of months.

Seasons 1-6: fantastic stuff

Season 7: fucking christ on a bike, the biggest jump-the-shark since the actual shark jump. What a load of fucking bollocks. A tiger? Fuck off. These junkyard cunts? COME ON!

So depressing. Why didn't Negan turn up with his whole crew and just fucking murder everyone? Dickhead. Instead he turns up with about six people and attempts to do a magic trick with a coffin for no fucking reason.

You were right on board for the magic bin stuff?

wullie
20-04-2017, 08:12 AM
The farm season felt like 10 seasons, so I can take pretty much anything the show throws at me now.

Raoul Duke
20-04-2017, 06:47 PM
You were right on board for the magic bin stuff?

Didn't mind it as I like Glenn and hated the ginger bellend he was there with. For me it was a top outcome.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-10-2017, 08:07 PM
So, the shitshow is back.

It's aired in the UK (I think) but as it's the first episode I'll be cautious with the tags.

Can't wait to see the magic that allows Neagan and possibly Gabriel (please die) to escape.

Also, why didn't Rick just shoot at Neagan (he had a pretty good shot possibly) before going off on one. He could have ended it there, he's out in the open ffs.

Lol at Gregory too.

Another meh episode.

Raoul Duke
23-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Is this actually available to watch online anywhere legally? Or is it just yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum time?

Smiffy
23-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Deanna - Bitten - Stabbed by Spencer
Glenn - Bludgeoned by Negan
Sasha - Suicide - Stabbed by Maggie
Beth - Shot by Dawn
Abraham - Bludgeoned by Negan
Herschel - Decapitated by The Governor - Stabbed by Michonne
Lori - Blood loss - Shot by Carl
Andrea - Suicide
Tyreese - Bitten - Stabbed by Michonne
Spencer - Disembowled by Negan - Stabbed by Rick
Shane - Stabbed by Rick - Shot by Carl
The Governor - Stabbed by Michonne - Shot by Lilly
T-Dog - Bitten
Bob - Bitten - Stabbed by Tyreese
Dale - Disemboweled - Stabbed by Daryl
Merle - Shot by The Governor - Stabbed by Daryl
Jessie - Bitten
Olivia - Shot by Arat
Lizzie - Shot by Carol
Denise - Shot with crossbow
Mika - Stabbed by Lizzie - Ended by Carol
Gareth - Hacked by Rick

Let the games begin. Who's next. How and who by?

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-10-2017, 10:59 PM
All of them - Nuclear bomb.

It's what I'm hoping for at least.

Smiffy
24-10-2017, 04:39 PM
I should have read your spoiler before even bothering, Mahow. Meh.

Alex
25-10-2017, 01:25 AM
"You, are about to shit your pants"

"Not really mate, because we're locked in this room together, I've got this submachine gun and all you've got is that baseball bat with a bit of barbed wire wrapped round it....."

:rolleyes:

Surely it wouldn't take that much effort to stop fuck ups like this making it out of the writing room? Jesus.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
25-10-2017, 09:44 AM
I'm wondering whether to bother at all with this season. I'm still pissed off that tiger saved Coral.

wullie
26-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Whoever sniped the lookout earlier in the episode would have been handy when their main target was then allowed to ramble on for half an hour completely exposed in broad daylight.

Adamski
31-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Anyone watched this week?

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-10-2017, 07:55 PM
It's even worse than last week.

Why have they decided to turn Morgan from meek 'I shall not kill' to a fucking terminator/John Wick hybrid who believes he can't die?

'Badass' Tara is utterly pointless too.

'The King' is a knob (why are people happy for him to keep a Tiger btw? It's the zombie apocalypse, food is scarce and a tiger needs a fuck ton of it) who shouldn't be shown anymore.

etc etc.

It's a complete mess from top to bottom.

Alex
31-10-2017, 10:52 PM
"Remember this guy who played a minor role in the first season? No? Well, anyway, he's back. And guess what? He's with The Saviours now! Isn't that a great twist!"

:yawn:

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-10-2017, 11:00 PM
I liked Rick trying to jog our memories too.

"You're Morales, from Atlanta".

Nope, still nothing.

Adamski
31-10-2017, 11:05 PM
I thought it was one of the worst episodes of anything I’ve ever seen.

I had no idea who half the people were, what they were supposed to be doing or where they were.

Totally aimless and utterly shite.

Alex
31-10-2017, 11:18 PM
It was indeed a very badly put together hour of television.

Even Andrew Lincoln seems to be giving up. I usually find him to be quite a good actor, but his attempts to portray Rick's inner anguish when he's looking into that conveniently placed mirror (which was about as heavy handed a "look what you've become!" moment as I've ever seen) over the babies cot were terrible.

Ezekiel is the worst character on the show, and probably the worst character on television in general.

Boydy
01-11-2017, 01:14 AM
I thought last week's episode was alright but that was shit. Hadn't a clue what was going on for most of it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Shit again.

Although I did lol at Morales deciding to go off on a huge monologue whilst conversing with Rick and then asking why Rick wasn't saying anything.

Also lolled at 'NOT ONE' and then someone unloading the bollocks at them with the M2 Browning.

'Badass' Tara is a dick too.

And it's a good thing that they managed to find unlimited ammo guns that don't even need reloading. Really handy for this war.

Alex
10-11-2017, 01:27 PM
The only good bits were:

Daryl walking in and casually shooting Morales in the back with his crossbow, Rick's shocked "Do you know who that was!?" reaction and Daryl just basically saying "Yeah, don't care, have you found the guns or what?", basically echoing the thoughts of the shows entire audience.

And:

Daryl shooting that bloke in the head at the end of the episode after he told Rick what he wanted to know, even after Ricks big speech about how he would let him go.

So I suppose what I'm trying to say is that Daryl is the only redeeming feature the show has left.

Alex
13-11-2017, 11:22 PM
Just put on this weeks episode, these Ezekiel speeches get increasingly cringeworthy as it goes along. Someone would just tell him to shut the fuck up.

Alex
13-11-2017, 11:27 PM
I mean, people are calling this guy "your majesty" with a straight face. Ridiculous.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-11-2017, 12:09 AM
It makes no sense at all.

It's almost as bad as the junkyard lot losing language in what, 6 years?

I proper lolled at the dickheads lining up nicely for Carol to go right through them as well as THE KING finding the only guns in the whole show with no bullets.

Also didn't get the guy taking THE KING on a jolly with loads of walkers behind them, just shoot him and be done with it.

Same goes for the lock, smashing it constantly with an axe when 2 bullets (the dickheads had one and so did a walker) would have done the trick. They're also incredibly dense for not just running when a horde is on them although the writers would increase their speed once more.

Raoul Duke
14-11-2017, 08:11 PM
I really hope all these superfluous lot get fucking croaked ASAP. It's just so unbelievably bad.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-11-2017, 04:50 PM
I think I'm here for your confession

Is one of the worst lines spoken on the show for me.

Eugene can please fuck off.

Also, what mongs Daryl and Rick are. Fighting and getting their shit blown up so the Kingdom lot (dickheads anyway so give a fuck, died for nothing).

Did like the reveals into Negan's past life though.

Boydy
21-11-2017, 11:32 PM
I quite liked that episode this week. I think it was just because it had lots of Negan. He's far and away the best character in it.

Kikó
22-11-2017, 07:37 AM
I'm so glad I dropped this show after the first episode of last season. It's gone.

John
22-11-2017, 08:09 AM
I binned it before that, and am similarly glad. I've seen about three minutes of clips and glimpses scenes while channel hopping and every one has featured what would be comfortably the worst line of dialogue in any decent show.

Raoul Duke
22-11-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm still persevering with it, but now in a kinda of detached, morbid way.

John
22-11-2017, 06:56 PM
It must be proper arsewater now then, because you were well up for Glenn's magic dustbin.

Andrew
26-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Just caught up to the episode with the kings tiger being taken down by a total of what 6 walkers..

Utter gash.

The shootouts were cringeworthy enough but the part where Rick is chasing down the truck with the guns in was just straight out of a 80s action movie ffs.

People can headshot a lone walker with a pistol from half a mile away but give them a semi automatic and they can't hit anything from 10 yards...

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-11-2017, 09:32 PM
The latest one was absolute bollocks, I need the trash people to die already.

It was good to see that the postal service is still going strong though, so many letters delivered in the intro.

Raoul Duke
30-11-2017, 10:00 PM
It must be proper arsewater now then, because you were well up for Glenn's magic dustbin.

Glenn :cool:

Glenn :(

Alex
04-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Urgh. This is hard work lads.

At least it's the mid-season finale next week.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-12-2017, 01:20 PM
So bad.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
06-12-2017, 03:05 PM
This sounds like the worst season by far from what I've read. Why are you putting yourself through it?

Alex
06-12-2017, 04:34 PM
I suppose it's out of some sort of misguided need to see it through to the end. You're absolutely right to question it though, because there is no end it sight. It's not like this is the last season, and I only need to hang on a few more weeks. I believe they plan to let it run and run. So I'm not sure why, in short. I never used to accept that "hate watching" was an actual thing, but that is, essentially, exactly what I'm doing at this point.

wullie
06-12-2017, 04:56 PM
It's as good as it's ever been, maybe even better? I particularly like the way they really make you think about things, like whether it's the dump folk or Eugene who have the worst dialogue in the history of TV.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-12-2017, 05:05 PM
I thought he was going to end his conversation (well I don't think Gabriel got a word in) with WOOOOO.

He's such a twat.

John
06-12-2017, 05:08 PM
The early episodes of Gotham beat it on that count.

The best way to have them start writing towards a finish line and make it easier for you to see it through would be to stop watching it now. AMC won't fuck it off until the audience begins to shrink enough to make it untenable financially, and the producers very obviously don't have the artistic pride to end it before then for creative reasons.

wullie
06-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Is the spinoff more of the same or does it benefit from not having to follow the set path of the comics?

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-12-2017, 05:10 PM
I've heard that it's better, I doubt there's much in it though.

John
06-12-2017, 05:14 PM
It was supposed to show how things went to shit by going back to the beginning and taking a slower path through the fall of society, but then one episode ended with a single zombie and the next opened with everyone living in a walled community protected by very obviously insufficient border patrols.

Alex
06-12-2017, 05:25 PM
I gave up on the spin-off after the first season. It wasn't good, but then again the main show still was at the time. So I suppose there's a fair chance the spin-off is now the better of the two.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-12-2017, 05:35 PM
The first two seasons are shit but the third is top quality apparently.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-12-2017, 03:58 PM
That were proper shit.

I'm completely lost as to what the writers have tried to do with the trash people right now, they're entire arc has been near pointless.

Also, I highly doubt that Carl is going to die. Something will happen that enables them to cure him or partially cure him.

wullie
12-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Did they explain how the Saviours got out of their situation any more than just saying Eugene's name?

Mike
12-12-2017, 10:06 PM
I still watch this and legit have no idea what’s happening anymore or what either sides plan was.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Did they explain how the Saviours got out of their situation any more than just saying Eugene's name?

No.

I assumed he took the music plane and made it bigger?

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-12-2017, 10:25 PM
Oh and I proper lolled at Eugene taking a shot of red wine and struggling as if it was a strong whisky.