PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes

mugbull
12-10-2015, 02:59 AM
So last night I got cockblocked by my bladder, as I was chatting this girl up and she was clearly into me but on three separate occasions in about a 30 minute time span I had to go take a piss. It was at a big party, and after the third round I couldn't find her. Fairly tragic, but this raises an important question - am I a diabetic? I was drunk so obviously I'm going to be in urinal overdrive but this was on another level, and the more I thought about it today the more I realized i've been pissing quite a lot lately. My entire dad's side (minus my dad) has diabetes so I'm pretty worried I have it too now. Anybody have experience / any doctors willing to comment on the likelihood? Should I get my blood drawn?

Luca
12-10-2015, 05:47 AM
Have you noticed any changes to your health otherwise? Weakness/lightheadedness if you haven't eaten in a while? Hunger pangs? Weight gains/losses?

ScousePig
12-10-2015, 06:20 AM
I sometimes get the light-headedness if I haven't eaten. On Sundays it can be especially bad if I've played football in the morning, as I go to the club after and don't eat anything from around 8am-2pm (plus the strains of football). The other week I got home and not only felt faint, but I was in a cold sweat and had to lie down for about half an hour. I had to eat something. I knew it would pass and it did, but it's not great is it? I also urinate a lot, but I do drink a lot water and quite a bit of coffee. I was going to book a doctor's appointment after the turn the other Sunday but haven't got around to it yet.

I have blood circulation issues (PVD I think) but will that be related?

Elbastido
12-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar, causing light-headedness and sugar cravings) can affect anyone not just diabetics, so if that's your only symptom there's no need to worry.

I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic at the age of 24, despite being super fit and healthy. Still have no idea what caused it, but my symptoms were:

Constant thirst (due to the body's inability to break down sugars, thanks to having no insulin, it starts burning off water instead).
Constant need to urinate, due to drinking so much water.
Tiredness.
Irritability.
Weight loss (I managed to lose two and a ha;f stone in two months).

Other people I've spoken to about undiagnosed diabetes have spoken about going for a piss 10-12 times a night (I was never that bad, maybe 5-6) and they'd end up sleeping in the bath to save going to and from the bathroom......

Sounds more likely that you just 'broke the seal' whilst out drinking. If you have any of the other symptoms then maybe consult your doctor.

Magic
12-10-2015, 09:12 AM
You're a retard, Mok.

ScousePig
12-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar, causing light-headedness and sugar cravings) can affect anyone not just diabetics, so if that's your only symptom there's no need to worry.

I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic at the age of 24, despite being super fit and healthy. Still have no idea what caused it, but my symptoms were:

Constant thirst (due to the body's inability to break down sugars, thanks to having no insulin, it starts burning off water instead).
Constant need to urinate, due to drinking so much water.
Tiredness.
Irritability.
Weight loss (I managed to lose two and a ha;f stone in two months).

Other people I've spoken to about undiagnosed diabetes have spoken about going for a piss 10-12 times a night (I was never that bad, maybe 5-6) and they'd end up sleeping in the bath to save going to and from the bathroom......

Sounds more likely that you just 'broke the seal' whilst out drinking. If you have any of the other symptoms then maybe consult your doctor.

I know this self-diagnosis stuff is easy, but I could easily see myself fitting into all those categories you mentioned. I put the drinking plenty and needing the toilet a lot down to lots of exercise and being fit & healthy, like yourself.

Hang on, the pissing at night doesn't happen. I go for a piss just before I go to bed and make sure I don't drink much afterwards (but I always have a bottle of water next to me).

I'll have a read up on Hypoglycemia.

ScousePig
12-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Signs include hunger, nervousness, shakiness, perspiration, dizziness or light-headedness, sleepiness and confusion.

Oh boy.

mugbull
12-10-2015, 10:37 PM
I know about breaking the seal, but this shit's happening during the day too. Peeing once every hour or so. I'll go in and get tested i think, we'll see