PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle United

Samadini
10-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Hadn't realised the previous thread died in The Great Fuck Up of 2015.

Tim Krul injured tonight, Darlow's foot is in a protective boot and our best youth 'keeper is out on loan. For fuck sake. It's Fatty Elliott time again.

Samadini
10-10-2015, 09:02 PM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5769/21328563664_0e54894d5e_b.jpg

So beautiful without Sports Direct plastered all over it.

Yevrah
10-10-2015, 09:04 PM
We need that gif back.

Samadini
10-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Found this when clearing up my stuff ready for my move. What a shambles, one of the better youth teams that the club has had for years and only one player ever managed to hold down a proper first team place - Dummett.

http://i.imgur.com/7kYRMpB.jpg

Saying that, who the fuck are those Villa players?

John
10-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Samir Carruthers was a favourite on the old board for his absurd name.

James Tavernier. :cool: Spanked in another free kick last weekend. That's nine goals in fourteen games.

Samadini
11-10-2015, 06:17 AM
That is properly ridiculous. If he reaches 20 goals from fullback :drool:

It's a shame for all concerned that Vuckic didn't sign on for your lot. He's now just wasting his time/being injured at Wigan.

Samadini
11-10-2015, 06:27 AM
We need that gif back.

Was trying to think what you were on about, finally got it.

The Steven Taylor highlight reel:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1tov1mKpB1r3gh8ro1_500.gif

Weaver
11-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Tim Krul got injured for Holland the other night against Kazakhstan, and he's been ruled out for the rest of the season with a torn cruciate ligament:
http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20151011/krul-ruled-out-for-the-season_2281670_5062968

Time for Pavel Srnicek to do the biz and return.

Samadini
11-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Fucking hell.

Yevrah
11-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Was trying to think what you were on about, finally got it.

The Steven Taylor highlight reel:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1tov1mKpB1r3gh8ro1_500.gif

That's the one.

So hypnotic.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
11-10-2015, 08:09 PM
That's brilliant. :D

Weaver
23-10-2015, 01:01 PM
On derby weekend, it's only apt that Shola Ameobi has signed for a new club. He's going to be pairing up with Emile F'N Heskey at Bolton:

Shola Ameobi signs for Bolton Wanderers

Nigerian international pens short-term at Macron Stadium following recent trial

Bolton Wanderers have completed the signing of Shola Ameobi on a short-term deal.

The Nigeria international joins the club on a free transfer having recently spent time on trial with the Whites.

Most recently on the books at Premier League side Crystal Palace, the 34-year-old enjoyed a brief stint in Turkey at Gaziantep BBB last season having spent the majority of his career at Newcastle United.

A member of the Newcastle side that won the Championship in 2009/10, the forward also previously enjoyed a loan spell in the second tier with Stoke City during their 2007/2008 promotion-winning campaign.

Formerly an England Under 21's international, he was a member of the Nigeria squad that reached the knockout stages of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, making two substitute appearances as the Super Eagles suffered a second round exit.

Ameobi will wear the number 26 jersey for the duration of his stay at Macron Stadium

Samadini
28-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Mike Williamson is done. Off out on loan, never to return.

:swing:

He played 171 times for us :|

Shindig
29-10-2015, 06:58 AM
"Scoring twice."

Must've got one in the Championship.

John
29-10-2015, 07:33 AM
That is properly ridiculous. If he reaches 20 goals from fullback :drool:

It's a shame for all concerned that Vuckic didn't sign on for your lot. He's now just wasting his time/being injured at Wigan.

Tavernier is on eleven goals now. He'll definitely manage twenty, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him closing in on thirty by the end of the season.

Vuckic stood out primarily because he was playing with shit last season, I think. We essentially have a better version of him for this season in Nathan Oduwa, with the flicks and tricks and languid style and utter refusal to track back unless atoning for a mistake he personally made.

Also, for the half million Newcastle were supposedly after for him we signed Tavernier, Martyn Waghorn,and Jason Holt with cash to spare, so we came out ahead in that deal.

Weaver
02-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Freddie Woodman is playing in goal for the U21's tonight - he should be able to recover before Saturday dinnertime, but is that a hint we've got the heads up from the PL for a spare keeper?

Also playing are Massadio Haidara, Jamaal Lascelles, Kevin Mbabu and Siem de Jong.

Weaver
02-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Haidara went off injured in the first half (groin) and Mbabu has just been subbed off with some kind of shoulder injury.

Samadini
08-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Looks like we've found our replacement for Toney and Armstrong, once they're sold for £20m each. 16 year old striker called Mauro Severino had a trial and scored a hattrick.

http://www.nufc.com/players/severino-mauro-nufc-m.jpg

Offshore Toon
08-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Angolan-Finnish hero he is.

Yesterday was fucking awful. There's me telling people if we click we'll definitely win since we've done everything but score in the past two games, then we get on TV and play like Sunderland ffs.

Giggles
08-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Angolan-Finnish hero he is.

Yesterday was fucking awful. There's me telling people if we click we'll definitely win since we've done everything but score in the past two games, then we get on TV and play like Sunderland ffs.

I thought they won?

Offshore Toon
08-11-2015, 11:12 AM
We did, yeah, but we were terrible.

Giggles
08-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Likes of Newcastle can't afford to be that fussy. You won.

Offshore Toon
09-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Careless back pass and Watford "score totally against the run of play."

Offshore Toon
09-01-2016, 06:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35273203

So many chances.

Waffdon
09-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Get rid of him, please.

Manc
09-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Stcheve can't be blamed for that atrocious finishing.

Offshore Toon
09-01-2016, 09:00 PM
I like Steve. We're playing better stuff than we were under Pardew. However, it is sadly getting to the point where that doesn't matter. There's so much talent out there but Mitrovic, Perez, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Thauvin and the rest need to stop fucking shitting themselves in front of goal. We haven't scored in over 400 minutes, and that last goal was Coloccini.

Offshore Toon
11-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Henri Saivet, then. Not a wonderkid winger anymore, but a tough tackling centre mid.

Manc
11-01-2016, 06:23 PM
He's 25. How did that happen?

Offshore Toon
16-01-2016, 11:41 PM
I'm in loooove with the Jonjo. :cool:

Shindig
17-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Quarterback strats, son. Shame about your weird chin but he's our weird chin now.

Samadini
10-02-2016, 12:10 PM
https://audioboom.com/boos/4139962-peter-beardsley-three-passes-ahead

Just over an hour and a half interview with Pedro.

Danny
11-02-2016, 12:24 AM
The big interview series has been really good. Really enjoyed the one with Beardsley.

Weaver
09-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Still hanging on in there...

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/9778/production/_88667783_mcclaren-pa-main.jpg

Disco
09-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Geoff from Byker Grove has gone down hill.

Shindig
09-03-2016, 09:45 PM
"I'll just grab my flask before I go..."

Samadini
09-03-2016, 09:47 PM
If he's still manager when they come down to Norwich I'm going to invade the pitch and buzz cut his shitty island.

Shindig
09-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Apparently there's a decision coming soon. I feel like we're hoping for a honeymoon to nick a win over Norwich and a fluke 0-0 against the mackems. I'd even fancy Villa to do us in current mood.

niko_cee
10-03-2016, 07:14 AM
If Benitez takes over Newcastle there surely can't have been many bigger single-season falls from grace. Start out managing Real Madrid, end taking Newcastle down.

Shindig
10-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Not really a fall from grace given his post-Liverpool management. Seems like a proper merc who lands top jobs on past reputation. Like Patrick Kluivert or Hugo Viana. None of the available options fill me with confidence because we've still got that squad.

Samadini
10-03-2016, 08:08 AM
It's the same as when we're linked to Aubameyang and Lacazette "WE TRIED!!" and then we actually end up getting Riviere.

Weaver
11-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Daryl Janmaat broke two fingers punching the wall when he came off injured, accordingly to the Chronicle.

It's not going to rule him out of Swansea but the groin injury might.

I'm sort of over us getting relegated now, and I'm looking forward to clearing the squad out and getting some new blood in. It'll be interesting if we dig our heels in on players like Wijnaldum and Mbemba, who are on long contracts and stuff like that.

Jimmy Floyd
11-04-2016, 04:00 PM
In reality you'll just have the same wankers leeching you dry and caring even less in the Championship.

Samadini
11-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Lascelles called them all out in the dressing room apparently and then went to the press to say we need players who actually care.

Sack them all and make him captain.

Shindig
11-04-2016, 07:40 PM
I hope he tripped up Janmaat on the way out.

John Arne
14-04-2016, 09:08 PM
I see Newcastle have been found guilty in the Jonas Gutierrez case, they are getting a lot of stick in the media.

Looking at this from the outside, I don't see how they have treated him differently to any other injured player.

- Player got dropped due to injury
- Team moves on without him
- Player struggles to get back in the team
- Club realises that player is close to triggering extension clause, so don't play him.

Am I missing something - obviously it's horrible that he had cancer, but you have to surely look at this as with any other mid-long term injury?

Baz
14-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Nobody batted an eyelid when Blackburn stopped playing Jason Roberts for the same reason before they eventually let him go and he had to bum around at Reading for a bit.

Shindig
14-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Parts of John Carver's evidence were "vague" and "rejected"

Did he think it was a press conference?

Former Newcastle boss Alan Pardew "was able to deliver his evidence in a confident, convincing and articulate way".

"I'm not the one on trial here."

Samadini
14-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Well he wasn't treated like 'any other injured player' at all. He played in almost every game before the diagnosis. If you have someone who is a very regular starter get injured, you normally give them a chance to come back. Instead the club made sure he didn't as they didn't want to risk a cancer sufferer earning an extra year on his contract if they started him.

It's not quite the 'he couldn't get back in the team, so they thought "fuck it"' picture you're painting, though I do definitely understand what you're getting at.

It's certainly a dodgy precedent to set, but there's no doubt the club treated someone who had served the club for years like a piece of shit, so fuck them.

Samadini
14-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Carver is such a tool.

Samadini
08-05-2016, 09:05 AM
http://s32.postimg.org/t8z8dx48z/fml.png

Reckon we could be looking at that next season, which individually looks better than what we took down last time, but there's a distinct lack of experience there.

You'd have to think they'd look to bring in a Tiote replacement to sit infront of the back four, as you can't rely on a Shelvey/Colback partnership back there. Obviously have to be after a right back, but how long have we said that for?

Not sure about De Jong wanting to stay, but I think the club would be very smart to keep hold of him, to replace Sissoko in the starting lineup. Could be a Lovenkrands figure.

Obviously Armstrong goes straight into the starting lineup :cool:

Giggles
08-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Is that FIFA? :D

leedsrevolution
08-05-2016, 09:18 AM
What is wrong with that?

Samadini
08-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Just a handy web tool for making lineups, it's made for FIFA, but so what.

Magic
08-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Will Benni leave when they get relegated?

Samadini
08-05-2016, 09:45 AM
He's a fucking retard if he doesn't.

Shindig
08-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Mbabu to slot in at right-back and Anita to sit in front of the back four, probably.

Samadini
08-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Anita just seems a passenger in that position, doesn't have the presence to make the difference. Think he's produced his best football for the club in this spell at right back. Mbabu will be the only the only one left after Janmaat goes, so surely they'll bring in a new full back for the starting lineup, rather than stick with some kid who's only played a handful of times - he does look quite decent though.

Shindig
08-05-2016, 09:59 AM
They'll have to. Taylor can't stay fit for that spot and its not his favoured position. Anita might do alright against Championship opposition, though.

Samadini
08-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Taylor's contract is up this Summer.

Please just go. :yn:

Samadini
08-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Just remembered Henri Saivet exists. He was meant to be Tiote's replacement in January, so I guess that's that for next season, unless he decides to slip off without anyone noticing.

Weaver
08-05-2016, 11:51 AM
I reckon Perez will be off - he would've stayed if we were in the Premier League, but when there's rumours about Man United, Barcelona and Spurs every so often, he'll have his head turned.

I would be starting Aarons in the Championship.

Samadini
08-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Probably will go yeah, especially given it will be a guaranteed profit as we bought him for a couple of shiny buttons.

Haven't heard particularly good things about Aarons and his contract situation, I still don't know if it ends this Summer or next, but it does sound like he wants to move/his agent thinks he can do a lot better than Newcastle.

Ameobi will be coming back from loan. :cool:

Weaver
08-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Yeah that's a point, Aarons' contract hasn't really been cleared up, has it?

I noticed Gini Wijnaldum has spent the afternoon 'liking' different Dutch League players' photos on Twitter - he's probably asking himself what he got himself into coming here. All while Luuk de Jong scored 25 goals this season, Danny Simpson won the fucking Premier League and Hatem Ben Arfa's close to joining Barcelona. Everything we touch, we turn to gold :cool: (after they leave and play somewhere else)

Raoul Duke
08-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Haven't you got a French left back who looked pretty sharp but got crippled early on? He seemed alright.

Samadini
08-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Haidara is OK, but he doesn't seem to have gotten any better at all in his 4 years at the club. As a teenager he seemed exciting, now it just looks like he'll never actually learn how to defend.

Combine Dummett and Haidara and you probably get a good full back.

We learnt earlier in the season that Aarons most definitely isn't a left back.

Shindig
08-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Haidara's probably been shook by a couple of big injuries.

Samadini
09-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Certainly doesn't help, but I think his lack of progression probably says more about Newcastle's setup than the player. The poor sod.

Deciding to send out every fringe on loan this season was definitely the right idea. Imagine Armstrong rotting away on the awful u21s side.

Shindig
09-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Bigi, Tone and Vuckic. The Tr-aye-force.

SincereTheRebel
11-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Im a firm believer in kicking someone when they are down.

Samadini
15-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Benitez has basically said he wants to stay, and wants it to be a long term project that leads to winning trophies. But if Ashley doesn't agree to his suggested changes then he will fuck off.

Knowing that now, imagine the atmosphere at the club with Russell Slade in charge next season :harold:

:(

Weaver
17-05-2016, 12:00 PM
It's sounding positive on Benitez possibly staying, doesn't it? I was pretty convinced he was going to sack us off but at least he's hearing us out... If we end up with Neil Warnock or someone in charge from this position, there'll be some SEETHING.

Townsend is an interesting one as well - again, I thought he'd go to Southampton or something, and there's still a possibility he will - but he got what he wanted out of the deal (England's EURO squad and regular first team football) so it's possible he'll give the Championship a go. Perez and Mitrovic sound content as well.

Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Janmaat will all leave, and I reckon we'll get about £40m for them.

Samadini
17-05-2016, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the bigger players are staying if Benitez is. Not because they will think he's a god, I just think those players staying will be one of the conditions for keeping him.

Sounds like the only thing he wants before committing is to know that everything will be in place for the club to go straight back up.

Quotes from Townsend's dad and Aarons make it sound like they're staying, which is a huge bonus.

Weaver
25-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Looks like Rafa is staying:

:cool:

Samadini
25-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Barcelona to Burton in a year.

What a bloke. :cool:

Needs to sell to build his transfer budget, so good chance of a bunch of wankers leaving too.

Just been relegated and season ticket sales are probably going to be higher than last season.

GS
25-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Rafa. :cool:

Samadini
25-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Doesn't even need to sell apparently. Getting a budget plus whatever he makes from sales.

Ashley's arsehole will be stinging tonight.

Shindig
25-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Whatever. He'll make a profit. League Cup winners 2017.

Luke Emia
25-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Wor Rafa should piss it next season. 5 games earlier and he would have had you well safe, hard to know where he goes if it went wrong though.

Giggles
25-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Gone by December.

Samadini
07-06-2016, 05:51 PM
"When he (Rafa) arrived (at SJP), I (already) had a very good relationship with him..... when I was in Toulouse, he wanted me to (join) Liverpool.

"I decided to stay in Toulouse because I was young and I wanted to continue my apprenticeship there.

"Things have gone very well; he and I had a very good relationship but unfortunately it was not successful.

"It is flattering that a coach like him, a great coach, wants to keep me. But I think he knows that playing in the Championship would be difficult for me.

"I must continue my development. I aspire to play in the biggest clubs in Europe and remain in the France team. I think he understands.

"If I play in the Championship, I (can) forget about the France team and many other things. I have already had a discussion with him.

"My agent will have a discussion with him. I think he knows what I want, where I want to go. So I hope there will be no problem for me to find my happiness in another club.

"I would like to continue my career in England, in a club that plays Champions League football because I think that the English league suits my style of play the best.

"Having said that, I am not closing any doors. We don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. My advisors and I are open to everything. We will make the best possible decision."

(Sissoko then went on to rave about a certain club in North London who have been continually linked with him in the media - although with not a shred of evidence that they actually have an interest in signing him).

He was pretty fucking good once Benitez came in, but it's cunts like him not giving a fuck for 90% of the season that got the club relegated, so whatever. Hopefully Wijnaldum (that cunt seemed to care even less once we got into the nitty gritty) does the same. Tiote too, as much as I love him when he's on form.

Dwight Gayle linked, I'd like that.

Shindig
07-06-2016, 07:47 PM
He's never really been 'that' type of player, though. He's a pair of legs designed to run. Vaguely in a positive direction. He needs better players around him like Cabaye and Ben Arfa. He's had a good stint so he's probably due a swansong in Lyon or something.

Samadini
11-06-2016, 08:20 AM
How has life been since you confirmed your commitment to stay at Newcastle United? Have you been across in the North East, or back with family in Liverpool?

Benitez responds: “The first few days after I confirmed I was staying, I spent in Newcastle at the training ground and the Academy, meeting with staff and planning the changes we needed to make to these areas of the club.

“But since then I have been back at home with my family, relaxing a little bit, but at the same time working very hard with Lee [Charnley] and everybody at the club on a lot of things, especially – of course – looking at players, analysing and making important decisions about the squad and the transfer window.”

What plans do you have to improve the training ground, as well as the Academy, at the club? And how are those plans developing? What’s the timeframe for those?

“We have already started on a lot of improvements to the training ground.

“The purpose with everything we are doing there is to improve the environment that the players train in and the equipment and the facilities that they use so they are able to perform to their optimum level.

“We had to consider not to disturb the preparation of the team and at the same time to improve the facilities.

“So, we are renovating the inside structure of the building, creating new spaces for working and for relaxing.

“We will have double sessions on some days, so it is important that the players have spaces to relax and refresh and also to build the team spirit together."

“We have already improved the gym, bringing in new and better equipment which will be a big improvement.

“We will also be resurfacing the artificial pitch inside the indoor facility. It will be a 4G surface which is much better for the players to train on, there is less impact on the body and less problems with injuries.

“If our supporters play in their five-a-side teams perhaps, then they will know themselves the difference between a poor quality artificial pitch and a 4G pitch.

“The indoor hall is a very good facility and we need to make sure that it has a top quality surface so that we can make use of it for training throughout the year, but especially when the weather is bad outside in the winter. That’s really important.

“We are also putting a 4G pitch in at the Academy.

“Another important change we are making is to bring in an administrator to work with the players and their families.

“This will be someone who speaks English, French, Spanish, to help players settle at the club and in the city and be sure that they are able to focus 100 per cent on the football.”

How many players are you looking to sign this summer? And when do you expect the first signing to arrive?

“It is always dangerous to give a number and I won’t do that.

“What me and Lee are focused on is making sure we keep and build a very strong squad for the Championship so that we can compete well and get back into the Premier League the season after.

“We don’t have to sell, that is clear, unless we think it is the right thing to do for the club and for the squad.

“But also the level of performance that the team showed at the end of the season makes me feel sure that we have already the basis of a good team for next season.

“I can assure fans that the business we are doing at the moment and that we will be doing over the next few weeks is all aimed at making the squad stronger than it is at the moment.

“We are very busy and things are very positive, the Euros makes things a bit difficult for every club, but as soon we can announce things about the squad we will tell our supporters.”

Moussa Sissoko has stated clearly his desire to leave - you’ve said before you want to keep as strong a squad as possible, so how many of your top players do you believe you can hold on to?

“It is simple in football: good players want to play with good players, in strong teams.

“So it is important that our priority is to have a strong team.

“Our focus is on bringing high-quality players to the club to improve the group we already have.

“We said a few days ago that we have had enquiries for some of our players, but our position is very clear on this.

“We absolutely will keep and build a strong squad that we believe can get us promotion back to the Premier League.

“If a player leaves, or he stays, or a new player arrives, whatever business we do in the transfer window will always be in the best interests of the club and the squad, that is certain.”

Season-ticket sales are booming despite relegation - has that surprised you? How important is it to have a full and vocal St James’ Park next season?

“It does not surprise me so much, because these are fans who love the club. It is hard when you love something to stay away.

“But it is fantastic to hear that areas in the stadium have already sold out and that there have been queues for tickets at the stadium.

“When I hear this, it makes me very confident in what we can achieve next season because as I have said, the fans make a really big difference, when the stadium is full and loud and positive, then we can achieve great things.

“I have to thank them for showing their faith in me as the manager and already I look forward to seeing them in St James’ Park in August.”

The connection between the club and the fans appears to be improving - does the club have any further plans to improve community relations? For example, will fans be able to watch an open training session this summer?

“Yes, we will have an open training session for supporters for sure.

“We want to bring fans closer to the club and to the players, we are all a team together.

“And the club is also a really big part of the city and the community.

“I have been talking to the staff and talking about the club’s Foundation, and also about the local charities in the North East.

“The club already does excellent work in the community, and we can add to that and hopefully do more.

“I have really good relationships and friendships with the people of Liverpool and Merseyside.

“I want to develop the same in Newcastle.

“We have been talking already about organising a children’s football tournament, bringing local schools together and connecting them with the club.

“We are part of the community and the football club is part of the people in this area, we need to come together. When we come together we can achieve great things for the club and the city of Newcastle.

“I think you will hear more about our plans for the tournament soon.”

You'd have thought every top flight club would have had 4G pitches and a proper gym. :cab: Although it was only a couple of years ago the coaching staff was manned by cone men, rather than actual coaches, so probably makes sense.

At least this kind of shit is finally being sorted. Don't know how significant a difference it would really make, but it's nice to see them finally trying to be a proper football club.

Weaver
04-08-2016, 11:37 AM
1. Tim Krul
2. Ciaran Clark
3. Paul Dummett
4. Jack Colback
5. Grant Hanley
6. Jamaal Lascelles (Captain)
7. Moussa Sissoko
8. Vurnon Anita
9. Dwight Gayle
10. Siem de Jong
11. Matt Ritchie
12. Jonjo Shelvey
14. Isaac Hayden
16. Rolando Aarons
17. Ayoze Perez
18. Chancel Mbemba
19. Massadio Haidara
20. Yoan Gouffran
21. Rob Elliot
22. Daryl Janmaat
23. Henri Saivet
24. Cheick Tiote
26. Karl Darlow
27. Jesus Gamez
28. Matz Sels
29. Emmanuel Riviere
32. Adam Armstrong
41. Freddie Woodman
42. Jamie Sterry
43. Kevin Mbabu
45. Aleksandar Mitrovic
TBC: Mohamed Diame
Unnumbered: Sammy Ameobi, Gael Bigirimana, Ivan Toney, Haris Vuckic

Florian Thauvin left this morning, back to Marseille on loan with an obligation to buy.

Sels, Krul, Elliot, Woodman, Darlow (5 GKs)
Janmaat, Gamez, Sterry (3 RBs)
Lascelles, Mbemba, Hanley, Clark (4 CBs)
Dummett, Haidara, Mbabu (3 LBs)
Hayden, Diame, Anita, Tiote, Saivet, Shelvey, Colback (7 CMs)
Sissoko, Ritchie, Aarons, de Jong, Gouffran (5 AMs)
Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez, Armstrong, Riviere (5 STs)

Outfield squad of 27, although I reckon 3 of them will go (Riviere, SIssoko, one of Saivet or Tiote)

Samadini
04-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Who the fuck is Siem de Jong?

Shindig
04-08-2016, 07:16 PM
I was going to make a joke but I can't remember his brother's name.

John
04-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Who the fuck is Siem de Jong?

You've got him in your team at the top of the page.

Samadini
04-08-2016, 08:33 PM
He's making Marcelino look unbreakable.

Shindig
04-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Captain Lascalles. :cool: All excited to go to St. James' for the first time in 17 months for the Huddersfield match.

Samadini
04-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Been a long time since the club has had a character like him. A proper leader who doesn't just rely on mongo PASHUN like Taylor. Hopefully he's captain for years.

Samadini
05-08-2016, 05:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DJ7iubQ.jpg

:D

Samadini
07-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Steven Taylor finding his feet at Portland. Made his debut for the reserve side this morning, he got subbed off at half time, the team 3-0 down and Taylor scoring an own goal. They ended up winning 4-3.

I really don't actually know what his level is.

Shindig
07-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Wallsend Boys Club, probably. Should've cashed out in 2006, really.

Shindig
17-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Now we're off and running. Cairan can have his customary drop of a bollock as long as we score four each game.

GS
17-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Rafa. :drool:

Samadini
17-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Still have Sissoko to come back too. :happycry:

Shindig
17-08-2016, 08:42 PM
And Tiote's fit. And nobody even bothered to table a bid for Krul.

Samadini
18-08-2016, 07:42 AM
Saivet is going/gone. What a signing that was.

They better not sell Siem de Jong, lolling at our Owen Hargreaves style freaks is one of the highlights of supporting the club.

You'd also back him to score goals from midfield in this league, if he somehow ever got fit.

Think it might be time to cut losses with Riviere mind :uhoh:

Baz
18-08-2016, 08:00 AM
That Aaron Mooy looked pretty awesome versus Newcastle, or Huddersfield. He's on loan from City. I'm a fan. He made Newcastle look VERY ordinary.

Samadini
19-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Siem de Jong is going on loan to PSV to score 30 a season with Luuk.

Had such high hopes for the cripple.

Shindig
19-08-2016, 07:18 PM
He had that good debut in pre-season and then all of him failed.

Samadini
19-08-2016, 07:21 PM
He still has to have a medical, so it's not all over just yet.

Weaver
25-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Gayle and Mitrovic Ruled Out For Brighton

Newcastle United can confirm that Aleksandar Mitrovic and Dwight Gayle willi miss the Club's Sky Bet Championship fixture against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday, after both players suffered concussions during the Magpies' midweek EFL Cup game against Cheltenham Town.

The Club is adhering to the FA's Concussion Guidelines, which stipulate a phased 'return to play' protocol over a period of at least six days before players resume competitive football.

Paul Catterson, Newcastle's head of sports medicine and science, said: "The treatment and management of concussion in sport has received deserved attention in recent years.

"We have to adhere to the guidelines set out by the FA in line with other competitive sports, which rightly puts the safety and health of players first."

Bugger.

Ritchie, Diame and someone behind Perez on Saturday, I reckon.

Samadini
26-08-2016, 07:17 AM
Going to get shat on in that game.

The growing list of outgoings this season is amazing though.

Outbound (14): Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Steven Taylor, Remy Cabella, Andros Townsend, Fabricio Coloccini, Papiss Cisse, Gini Wijnaldum, Florian Thauvin, Siem De Jong, Kevin Mbabu, Henri Saivet, Daryl Janmaat, Tim Krul.

Weaver
26-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Going to get shat on in that game.

The growing list of outgoings this season is amazing though.

Outbound (14): Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Steven Taylor, Remy Cabella, Andros Townsend, Fabricio Coloccini, Papiss Cisse, Gini Wijnaldum, Florian Thauvin, Siem De Jong, Kevin Mbabu, Henri Saivet, Daryl Janmaat, Tim Krul.

I'd usually be worried about a relegated team losing that much quality, but none of them gave their maximum bar Townsend, Krul and those few games from Mbabu.

I'm liking the look of our squad now too, but I feel we need maybe two more players who can play in more than one position to have good depth.

Samadini
26-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Yeah they're all just names really. Townsend probably put in as many good performances in his half an hour at the club than the rest of those put together over the last two years.

So many wasters gone. The amount spent on wages for that lot would probably bring a tear to the eye.

I'm not as certain about the promotion hopes as some others might be, but with the club being run properly now, you can't help but feel if they do go up, they'll be far better equipped to not be a laughing stock every season. And I'd be very confident of promotion next season if it doesn't happen this time.

Samadini
26-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Not a fucking clue who Archaf Lazaar is :drool:

Can't even spell his name. This season is going to be amazing.

Christian Atsu coming in on loan as well. Might as well make it permanent, Aarons is never going to be fit.

Bigirimana gone too, I can't keep up with this. He actually looked like he would be decent, so I'll claim he was 'Pardewed'.

Shindig
26-08-2016, 06:35 PM
I don't think I've seen such a clear out. I feel like reserves are done for unless they make a breakthrough before they hit 21. Bigi wound up stagnating and didn't impress at Rangers like Tavernier did. God knows what Haris does in training to ensure work. The squad's always looked small, mind. Gouffran behind or with Perez on Saturday sounds sketchy. At least he's off the mark for the season, though. Even if they were gifts.

Samadini
29-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Osasuna are actually paying money for Riviere to play football for them.

Jesus.

Tiote finally getting his move, too. Off to Galatasaray. At least he actually had a period where he was a good player for the club, so many of the others that have gone were just shit from start to finish.

Shindig
29-08-2016, 09:05 AM
£1.5m is dirt cheap for him.

niko_cee
29-08-2016, 09:26 AM
I'm sure he was a £30m player after he scored that goal against Arsenal.

Samadini
29-08-2016, 09:35 AM
He was top class in his peak.

He's still good now, I think he's just wanted to leave Newcastle for years now, so his heart is just not in it. Last one in, first one out at training (unless Shelvey had been getting pissed the night before :eyemouth:).

Don't have another player like him in the squad.

phonics
29-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Tiote has failed his medical. lol. He'll be stuck in Newcastle till he dies.

Shindig
29-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Nah, he'll be off in six months on a free transfer.

Samadini
01-09-2016, 03:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DJ7iubQ.jpg

:D

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article8744878.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Moussa-Sissoko-signs-for-Tottenham.jpg

:happycry:

John
01-09-2016, 06:25 AM
Sissoko sulking his way to a thirty million quid move off the back of about four runs in the Euros is great.

That's a new transfer record for Spurs too, isn't it?

Shindig
01-09-2016, 06:33 AM
Joint with Erik Lamela. 1500% profit on us from Sissoko. Surprised he only cost £2m.

Samadini
01-09-2016, 07:03 AM
His contract was up in 6 months when he was bought. They wanted to wait until the Summer to get him on a free, but it was that January where they panic bought about 5 Frenchmen.

Giggles
01-09-2016, 07:29 AM
That's a crazy bad panic buy from Spurs.

Offshore Toon
20-11-2016, 03:16 PM
9 points clear of 3rd. Hopefully its us and Brighton that go up automatically. Nice second goal today, but I didn't think we were particularly impressive.

Shindig
20-11-2016, 03:55 PM
To be honest, we're in the grind of winter so I'll take points over performances. Keep something in the tank for the cup game, too. We started really brightly which, for the most part, has done us well.

Offshore Toon
29-11-2016, 10:36 PM
That was so Newcastle.

Samadini
29-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Sels has looked a bit crap hasn't he (not that it was all his fault, Newcastle's pens were all hopeless). Wonder if Krul wants to come back.

Giggles
29-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Where's Rob Elliott?

Samadini
29-11-2016, 10:57 PM
He's been injured all season. He's been a surprisingly good player for Newcastle when he has played.

Giggles
29-11-2016, 11:14 PM
I'd like to see him back too. I'll never fully trust Randolph.

Offshore Toon
17-01-2017, 10:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=abfq7HZ8u10

Really weird seeing Rich Homie Quan rocking a 90s Shearer shirt.

Shindig
17-01-2017, 10:17 PM
I mean, if you're going to turn up in any of them, that's the one you roll with.

Offshore Toon
17-01-2017, 10:27 PM
I think the one the season before was better, so much so I bought it again a few years ago. The really annoying thing about all these shirts though is that at some point I've owned all of them and lost all of them.

Offshore Toon
04-02-2017, 02:50 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aPnR7wpzw8D

Swedish stream that should be showing our game.

Weaver
23-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Haris Vuckic, the legend, has left on a free and joined FC Twente on a three year deal. Good move for him, probably.

How's everyone feeling the new season's shaping up? I'm about nervous about the lack of signings but with Carr going the other day, things might start moving now.

Shindig
23-06-2017, 06:21 PM
I dunno. It could be a long summer. Also Mat Sels being loaned out eases our keeper dilemma.

Weaver
16-10-2017, 04:24 PM
https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/statement-from-st-james-holdings-limited

We’re officially back up for sale. Sky reckon Ashley wants a deal struck before Christmas.

Giggles
16-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Is that Italian who had Leeds looking back in the game?

Waffdon
16-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Should be a very tempting deal for the Oil geezers.

Browning
16-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Vince McMahon, surely.

phonics
16-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Selling a Premier League club for 180 million quid?

They're about to get absolutely bummed by Her Majestys Revenue Service aren't they?

Alan Shearer The 2nd
16-10-2017, 06:08 PM
What was he asking for a few years ago?

phonics
16-10-2017, 06:10 PM
What was he asking for a few years ago?

'It is understood that has increased Ashley’s desire to sell Newcastle to a new investor and that he could be willing to offload it for around £230 million'

And that was before the new TV deals.

Shindig
16-10-2017, 07:06 PM
He was quoted in August saying he was sticking around for a while yet. He's off before a storm.

Offshore Toon
22-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Merino is exactly the don I'd hoped he'd be. It's weird having a feeling of hope again. Genuinely forgot what it felt like.

Shelvey doing the wanker sign to Cabaye yesterday is pretty thick, but it's also amazing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NUFC/comments/77uq7f/shelvey_and_cabaye_after_our_goal/

John
22-10-2017, 03:00 PM
From the hundred 'Givemesport' articles about how Shelvey could be looking at a lengthy ban I assumed he must have punched him in the dick.

Weaver
20-11-2017, 07:56 PM
We’ve been approached with a £300m offer by Amanda Staveley on behalf of PCP Holdings tonight, according to Sky, BBC etc.

It’s happening, lads! Amanda :drool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42060056

Offshore Toon
20-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Which group is she fronting for? If its Chinese then I'd rather hang on to Ashley.

Offshore Toon
29-12-2018, 12:15 AM
So, Peter Kenyon lives in Jersey and my mate's former manager now trains Kenyon's son. Apparently he had a word a couple of months ago and Peter said "it should be done by Christmas." At least the interest appears to be genuine, but I won't get my hopes up until he's holding up the shirt or weva the takeover equivalent is.

Shindig
29-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Dealing with Mike probably always leaves you out of pocket. Unless everyone in the room really wants the deal done - at whatever cost - no movement happens. I'd imagine, fronting a consortium (with funding issues) makes that a nightmare to agree on. Newcastle cost him £135m to buy but it's difficult to put a value on what he thinks he deserves from the investment.

Offshore Toon
29-01-2019, 10:05 PM
I hate that after everything that's happened, a win over City and a record signing starts to build that hope again. We still need to push on with getting Ashley to fuck off. We're not going anywhere long term with him here.

Shindig
29-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Mike might as well go all in. It must be incredibly hard these days to own a Premier League club and lose money. Especially one as tight fisted as we've been for the past few years.

Offshore Toon
07-10-2021, 05:46 PM
We’ve been approached with a £300m offer by Amanda Staveley on behalf of PCP Holdings tonight, according to Sky, BBC etc.

It’s happening, lads! Amanda :drool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42060056
Nearly four years to the day.

And nearly three years since the last post in here.

Weeee're baaaack. :drool:

Spikey M
07-10-2021, 05:59 PM
Allahu Akbar

Alan Shearer The 2nd
07-10-2021, 06:58 PM
Well, no shit.

Champions 2031.