PDA

View Full Version : I'll be in Leeds from 10/18-10/21

Bartholomert
16-10-2019, 03:36 PM
My girlfriend will be accompanying me, and yes I'll be at the Leeds-Birmingham in a box seat because of privilege.

1. What are cool things I should do?
2. Anyone fancy a cheeky pint?

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Get chinned by a Brummie.

-james-
16-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Hit up Oceana with Sandman.

Bam
16-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Meet up with Kiko and his wife for an informal pint.

Bam
16-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Actually, its more Moronics that likes to meet up with couples for an informal pint tbf.:chortle:

Bartholomert
16-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Also might be visiting Manchester for the people in that area.

Bam
16-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Don't all rush at once.

Baz
16-10-2019, 06:24 PM
Is Gavel still around?

Gonna have to be Alex who steps up.

Manc
16-10-2019, 06:30 PM
Slide into my DMs.

Shindig
16-10-2019, 06:41 PM
"I'll be at the Leeds-Birmingham."

Fucking tourist.

SincereTheRebel
16-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Are you still dressing like a dinosaur though?

bruhnaldo
16-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Dinosaurs don't wear clothes lol?

Kikó
16-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Also might be visiting Manchester for the people in that area.

Go and meet Simon.

Alex
16-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Is Gavel still around?

Gonna have to be Alex who steps up.

I would have, but in some sort of weird, role-reversal twist of fate while Mert is in Leeds for a few days I'm in America! Lewis could have made the short trip across from Hull to fill-in if he wasn't pissing about down south somewhere.

That's the club's centenary game this weekend against Birmingham Mert, should be a good one to go to. I've been trying to find somewhere I could potentially watch it in New York.

Bartholomert, some pubs I would recommend would be the Duck and Drake, Whitelocks, The Turk's Head (not a joke), The Angel, The Adelphi and later on (these are more bar-type places) Sela Bar, Headrow House, Belgrave, The Shed and Nation of Shopkeepers.

I haven't really stayed out "late" in Leeds for a couple of years now but when I used to do regularly I always ended up at Smokestack, which I'm pretty sure is still a thing. Very cool bar which is good into the early hours, and well worth checking out.

And, if you get really bored mate, just get the 110 bus over to Wakefield and do the Westgate Run. Guaranteed a good night there. :cool:

Bartholomert
17-10-2019, 09:28 PM
I would have, but in some sort of weird, role-reversal twist of fate while Mert is in Leeds for a few days I'm in America! Lewis could have made the short trip across from Hull to fill-in if he wasn't pissing about down south somewhere.

That's the club's centenary game this weekend against Birmingham Mert, should be a good one to go to. I've been trying to find somewhere I could potentially watch it in New York.

Bartholomert, some pubs I would recommend would be the Duck and Drake, Whitelocks, The Turk's Head (not a joke), The Angel, The Adelphi and later on (these are more bar-type places) Sela Bar, Headrow House, Belgrave, The Shed and Nation of Shopkeepers.

I haven't really stayed out "late" in Leeds for a couple of years now but when I used to do regularly I always ended up at Smokestack, which I'm pretty sure is still a thing. Very cool bar which is good into the early hours, and well worth checking out.

And, if you get really bored mate, just get the 110 bus over to Wakefield and do the Westgate Run. Guaranteed a good night there. :cool:

Great post- it’s appreciated and I will definitely check out those places. Where in America are you?

Also isn’t Magic from Leeds? Manc I think we will be free to do something Sunday, I’ll slide into the DMs once I get there but it would be awesome to be shown around a bit!

Mazuuurk
18-10-2019, 12:34 AM
Is doesn't exactly belong here, but Mert, you seem like a better person these days. A little more humble.

I was just thinking that a few years ago, the only time I'd every had considered meeting up with you would have been for a chance to punch you in the face really. These days, I think it could actually be a quite enjoyable experience.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2019, 12:43 AM
It would be enjoyable to punch him in the face, you're right.

phonics
18-10-2019, 01:09 AM
lol at Mahow even getting close enough to punch someone in the face let alone doing it.

lol at Maz for interpreting any of that as humbleness.

Spikey M
18-10-2019, 05:51 AM
Lol at 2 stone phonics for lolling at anyone else's fighting disabilities.

Bartholomert
18-10-2019, 11:26 AM
Shout out from Roxys Ballroom in Leeds.

Also thanks Maz, I think age does humble you and/or you end up being alive for long enough to be sufficiently assaulted with reality to leave behind your most offensive and delusional views on the world...

Baz
18-10-2019, 11:34 AM
Roxys Ballroom

:facepalm:

Of course you've gone there.

Bartholomert
18-10-2019, 11:43 AM
:facepalm:

Of course you've gone there.

If it helps I diluted it with appearances at Black Prince and The Griffin. Just tryna explore bruh.