PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favourite TV chef?

Boydy
09-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Not gonna do a poll as there's probably too many and I'll forget about some major ones.

Just caught a bit of Ainsley's Caribbean Kitchen on ITV there and he also just seems like such a nice bloke. I really like the Hairy Bikers too.

Who's yours?

Giggles
09-02-2019, 12:10 PM
The hairy bikers turned into godawful saps. Not sure who I like these days really though, probably some of the American ones who do non fancy stuff.

Food wise Tom Kerridge, Nigel Slater, and Domhnal Skehan are decent but they're three twats.

Jimmy Floyd
09-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Keith Floyd, assuming being alive isn't a necessary criterion.

Baz
09-02-2019, 12:27 PM
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5960886.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Kevin-Woodford-presenting-Cant-Cook-Wont-Cook.jpg

Kevin Woodford from Can’t Cook Won’t Cook.

Boydy
09-02-2019, 12:31 PM
The hairy bikers turned into godawful saps. Not sure who I like these days really though, probably some of the American ones who do non fancy stuff.

Food wise Tom Kerridge, Nigel Slater, and Domhnal Skehan are decent but they're three twats.

Why's Tom Kerridge a twat? I like him.

Keith Floyd, assuming being alive isn't a necessary criterion.

It isn't. Good shout.

Oh, I really like Rick Stein as well. I think I'm just a sucker for those travel/food combo shows.

Manc
09-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Rick Stein. Always on the beers.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Kerridge or Stein.

Giggles
09-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Forgot all about Stein. I shouldn't like him but he's by far the best to watch because he's the only one who sounds like they absolutely love food.

Jimmy Floyd
09-02-2019, 12:44 PM
I like Rick Stein as well, even though I'm sure he's never tasted anything on those travel programmes that isn't the best thing he's ever tasted.

mo
09-02-2019, 12:49 PM
I don't really watching cooking shows, but I have developed a bit of a guilty pleasure for watching those trashy US Gordon Ramsay shows (where he goes around pointing out what is obviously wrong with people's disgusting restaurants/hotels). Does it count if he's not doing any actual cooking?

Ian
09-02-2019, 12:50 PM
What a life he leads though. Fancy a few weeks guzzling wine on a boat in the Med? "Hello, BBC, I've a cracking idea for a new series..."

Professional Masterchef is the best cooking show though.

Giggles
09-02-2019, 12:51 PM
I don't really watching cooking shows, but I have developed a bit of a guilty pleasure for watching those trashy US Gordon Ramsay shows (where he goes around pointing out what is obviously wrong with people's disgusting restaurants/hotels). Does it count if he's not doing any actual cooking?

They're a great way to spend a mindless hour. Presumably most of it is scripted like all US reality TV but it's good entertainment.

randomlegend
09-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Why's Tom Kerridge a twat? I like him.

I've met Tom Kerridge and he came across really well, but I do remember there being an episode where he kicked off against some TripAdvisor reviews where he acted a right cunt.

My favourite chef who appears on TV is probably Nathan Outlaw or Tom Brown, but I wouldn't say either are really TV chefs.

Giggles
09-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Who was the really nice one on MasterChef one year too? Was one of the bits where they cook in another chefs kitchen and he seemed sound as fuck.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Paul Ainsworth, he's a great guy.

mugbull
09-02-2019, 01:17 PM
Bourdain

Giggles
09-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Paul Ainsworth, he's a great guy.

That's the one.

Lewis
09-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Chef Luca, off of those Samsung things.

Spikey M
09-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Go Ainsley or go home.

igor_balis
09-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Stein for the bantz, Rimmer for the recipes.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
09-02-2019, 08:08 PM
He's never on much but Marco Pierre White is quality. Probably a genuine psychopath too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ayNU-NfLM

Can we all agree Jamie Oliver is the worst?

I like his books but can't stand him on the TV.

Giggles
09-02-2019, 08:12 PM
White is on TV here now, but it normally just ends up in him being a seedy slimebag.

Trancemeister
09-02-2019, 08:14 PM
He's never on much but Marco Pierre White is quality. Probably a genuine psychopath too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ayNU-NfLM

Disappointed there was no Knorr stockpot in this.

Spikey M
10-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Marco 'I'm French' Pierre 'honest' White.

Ian
10-02-2019, 09:22 AM

I used to like him in spite of being a bit "oi oi!" right back when was first on telly, and obviously everything was based around him having to make some PUKKA GRUB! to go SKATEBOARDING! or whatever.. Went downhill as he became more of a dickhead and I think that series where he just sat in his garden grumbling about artichokes or whatever is one of the worst series of a cooking show I've ever seen outside of those dreadful gimmicky ones on the dedicated food channels.

His FoodTube channel can be useful though.

Baz
10-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Jamie’s 15 minute meals show is good. Or is it 30?

Either way it’s good until he serves it out to his pretend mates at the end.

Giggles
10-02-2019, 09:25 AM
When he decided to become a nanny for every child in Britain it was all over then.

Luke Emia
10-02-2019, 09:27 AM
Jamie Oliver is an absolute helmet.

But, his books are easy to cook from and are a great introduction if you’ve never cooked before. That’s why he sells so much and is on everything, so many other chefs just seem to assume everyone can cook to Michelin star standard.

Bob Sacamano
10-02-2019, 09:30 AM
Nigel Slater

Ian
10-02-2019, 09:42 AM
When he decided to become a nanny for every child in Britain it was all over then.

The bit where he tried to convinced American kids that they don't like chicken nuggets made it all worthwhile.

Jimmy Floyd
10-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Nigel Slater's recipes are the best, but his TV programmes are bollocks.

Giggles
10-02-2019, 10:23 AM
It's because he's such a wet blanket of a person.

John
13-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Jamie Oliver has more money than Beyonce, he needs to just fuck off and enjoy it before the only food that isn't taxed into irrelevance is fresh veg.

Giggles
13-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Only if it's wonky.

Clunge
13-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Floyd is king. Stein was good - his recent'ish Spain series was terrific, but he just pursues his own personal memories these days. The quality of his books have declined massively too. I consider his shows travel shows rather than food shows now tbh.

Hairy Bikers peaked 5/6 years ago, now it's all a bit like a crap 30s slapstick with no substance. Slater's recipes are excellent, I just can't stand his delivery. Love a bit of Ken Hom when he crops up.

Tbh, my favourite bits of TV cheffing these days are insights into the lives of pro-cooks. The skills bits in Masterchef the Pros are excellent, and anything that shows off skills in a sort of masterclass style.

neo_hippy
14-02-2019, 07:34 AM
Tonya Buxton
https://goo.gl/images/vWrrUc

SincereTheRebel
14-02-2019, 11:29 AM
One of the ladies at work, is really into Ansley Harriotts caribbean adventure at the moment. It now seems becuase of this, she is now ball-gobbling me. Asking me about the caribbean and life in Haiti and Jamaica like I give a fuck. I left there years ago and have zero plans about going back full time. It is a great show by the way.

Ive been watching Gordan Ramsey's kitchen nightmares on Youtube. Superb.

-james-
14-02-2019, 12:25 PM
Tonya Buxton
https://goo.gl/images/vWrrUc

I recently discovered "My Greek Kitchen" on some weird sky channel. It's just her swanning about the islands getting chatted up by pre-recession fishermen and making the odd meal. The whole thing is so on-the-nose Greek and I love it.

Spikey M
14-02-2019, 12:55 PM
One of the ladies at work, is really into Ansley Harriotts caribbean adventure at the moment. It now seems becuase of this, she is now ball-gobbling me. Asking me about the caribbean and life in Haiti and Jamaica like I give a fuck. I left there years ago and have zero plans about going back full time. It is a great show by the way.

Ive been watching Gordan Ramsey's kitchen nightmares on Youtube. Superb.

Maybe Ainsley has got her in the mood for some Caribbean sausage?

Mazuuurk
14-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Jamie Oliver peaked with his first show, which was actually really good I think. Since then he did a bunch of good other shows, but as his empire grew and he started having PR people and what have you, he's turned pretty shit.

I would quite like to see a show where he's just back in his kitchen cooking some food he likes (and it doesn't have to be italian or indian mate) and not reallt giving a fuck. And also he needs to stop faking an orgasm whenever he tastes his own food.