PDA

View Full Version : Do we live in a golden age of television?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Boydy
18-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Thought I'd just go with the same old thread title instead of a TV thread so people can distinguish that this is for long-running good TV shows and not shit like Desperate Scousewives that Taz watches with his dick in hand.

Anyway, The League's back for its final season. Two episodes out already. When are other good TV shows back?

I'm on the last season of Parks and Rec now. :(

Boydy
18-09-2015, 03:57 PM
That sad face is awful. Where's our old blue one?

igor_balis
18-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Daria is good.

Demerit
18-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Thought I'd just go with the same old thread title instead of a TV thread so people can distinguish that this is for long-running good TV shows and not shit like Desperate Scousewives that Taz watches with his dick in hand.

Anyway, The League's back for its final season. Two episodes out already. When are other good TV shows back?

I'm on the last season of Parks and Rec now. :(

Is The League's new stuff straight on Netflix?

Boydy
18-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Is The League's new stuff straight on Netflix?

Nah, the latest on there seems to be season 6.

Toby
18-09-2015, 04:38 PM
No, doesn't seem to be. Two episodes so far have been pretty good. Didn't realise this was the last series though.

Boydy
18-09-2015, 04:38 PM
So wikipedia said.

Toby
18-09-2015, 04:39 PM
I'm not disagreeing, just didn't realise. It's not like there's any real story arc so I imagine it'll just end like any other series, unless they all split up for some reason.

Demerit
18-09-2015, 04:40 PM
You chaps watching it online or do they show it on TV here? I've only ever watched it on Netflix

Toby
18-09-2015, 04:40 PM
I just download it.

Boydy
18-09-2015, 04:42 PM
I'm not disagreeing, just didn't realise. It's not like there's any real story arc so I imagine it'll just end like any other series, unless they all split up for some reason.
That wasn't meant to sound like I was arguing. I meant it in a 'I didn't know either till I checked wikipedia to see when it started again and it said that' way.

You chaps watching it online or do they show it on TV here? I've only ever watched it on Netflix

I just watch it online on putlocker.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-09-2015, 04:59 PM
27th and Bob's Burgers is back, oh lord.

Oh and The League's intro to the latest season was one of the best things they've ever done. Although for those watching it who don't like the NFL, they wont really get it...

Jeet
18-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Couldn't we have named the thread as something else?

Panda Bear
18-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Fucking Colbert, man. This is rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=163&v=2vr3i8P0R8k

Pleb
19-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Why have Sky not put Season One of Arrow on their Box Set listings? :moop:

Boydy
21-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Finished Parks and Rec. :(

What should I watch now?

Lewis
21-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Is 'Parks and Rec' worth watching, or have I seen all the good bits on Buzzfeed/Imgur?

Boydy
21-09-2015, 06:59 PM
I didn't like it that much until towards the end of the second season. But after that I was loving it. You probably won't like it because you don't like things normal people like.

Disco
21-09-2015, 07:10 PM
I found it to be quite hit and miss, but worth it on balance.

Lee
21-09-2015, 07:36 PM
I've just started watching Game of Thrones. I'm only two episodes in but I really like it so far. It's fucking filthy. :drool:

Foe
21-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Oh my. Lees going to be (even more of) a horny bastard.

Baz
21-09-2015, 07:51 PM
The Bastard Executioner is an American historical fictional drama television series, set in medieval Wales. It was created by Kurt Sutter for FX and premiered on September 15th 2015 with a ninety minute pilot. I looked on the Sky+ app and couldn't find it listed to presumably it's not been picked up by the FX channel over here yet. I downloaded the first episode though and thought it was pretty good.

Truth be told, it starts off quite slow and silly and I didn't think I'd like it, but I soon got into it and I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

Anyone else planning on watching it?

Pepe
21-09-2015, 07:53 PM
It gets less filthy (and more boring) as it goes.

Lee
21-09-2015, 07:54 PM
It gets less filthy (and more boring) as it goes.

So I'm told, but it has shown me enough tits to keep going back for now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-09-2015, 08:21 PM
The Bastard Executioner is an American historical fictional drama television series, set in medieval Wales. It was created by Kurt Sutter for FX and premiered on September 15th 2015 with a ninety minute pilot. I looked on the Sky+ app and couldn't find it listed to presumably it's not been picked up by the FX channel over here yet. I downloaded the first episode though and thought it was pretty good.

Truth be told, it starts off quite slow and silly and I didn't think I'd like it, but I soon got into it and I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

Anyone else planning on watching it?
I've got it on a RSS auto download feed, will probably start watching next week.

Alex
21-09-2015, 08:37 PM
I don't know about that one. I'm sort of intrigued, but at the same time after sticking with him through all seven season of Sons of Anarchy I kind of feel like the last thing anyone should have given Sutter the keys to was his own medieval period piece. I'm going to hold off for a while I think.

I did Finish Mr. Robot the other day. That capped off a really good first season. Interesting way to end things, I'll be back for season two of that for sure. If Rami Malek isn't in the running for every TV based acting award he's eligible for off the back of that then he can count himself harshly done to.

I've been watching that new Amazon Prime show too, Hand of God. The one with Ron Perlman in. I can't really decide whether it's good or not. Interesting premise though, and it is picking up steam quite a lot as it goes on.

Baz
21-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Mild spoiler that will make or break your decision: you get to see Gemma Teller's bare ass, and it's nasty.

Yevrah
21-09-2015, 08:40 PM
I need a good tv show to get into.

Needs to be one with continuing stories with the same or evolving cast, rather than standalone episodes each week (like CSI, for example).

Any suggestions?

Baz
21-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Goodnight Sweetheart.

Yevrah
21-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Goodnight Sweetheart.

Is really quite good, but I watched the whole thing through not so long ago.

Boydy
What have you seen and enjoyed, Yev?

Vim
Agents of SHIELD has a continuing storyline after the first few episodes, not sure if you're into that kind of stuff though Yev.

Yevrah
21-09-2015, 08:43 PM
What have you seen and enjoyed, Yev?

I could give a list, but I'd rather people just recommend stuff with a bit about why.

Yevrah
21-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Agents of SHIELD has a continuing storyline after the first few episodes, not sure if you're into that kind of stuff though Yev.

It sounds like comic book/superhero wank. If so, that's a definite no-no.

I'd consider (almost) anything else though.

Baz
21-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Is really quite good, but I watched the whole thing through not so long ago.Top! :D

Did you watch The Knick? Season 2's coming soon.

Alex
21-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Mild spoiler that will make or break your decision: you get to see Gemma Teller's bare ass, and it's nasty.

:D

I don't imagine it's a particular impressive site. She's Sutter's wife isn't she? I did crack a smile when I watched the trailer and saw that he had cast here. Give it a few episodes and he'll have her singing over the ending montage of every fucking episode too.

Yevrah
21-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Top! :D

Not yet, but I may.

I suppose that's another stipulation actually. In that something that's either finished or has a fairly substantial body of episodes behind it would be preferrable.

Waiting week to week and then for 6-9 months for another episode simply isn't happening again.

Alex
21-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Top! :D

This.

The Knick was/is bloody brilliant.

Toby
21-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Girlfriend and I have been watching The West Wing recently, about halfway through the fourth series now. I'd probably have smashed through it all already if not for agreeing to watch it together but it's one that's probably better appreciated with time between episodes.

It's definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Consistently very good with the occasional episode that is well up there with best of TV.

Yevrah
21-09-2015, 08:48 PM
I do need to do that Tobes. I watched the first couple of seasons years ago and definitely enjoyed it. Does it suffer from being particularly samey?

Toby
21-09-2015, 08:50 PM
I suppose it's almost always the same set and characters, but I haven't found myself losing interest at any point 100+ episodes in. I can't quite remember the timeline but I think there's a major part of the main story arc still be revealed at two seasons in.

Mazuuurk
21-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Is anyone else watching Rick and Morty? It's the best comic series I've seen in a long time.

Adamski
21-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Yevrah How about Ray Donovan? It's in its third season now and is really good. Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight are in it.

Pleb
21-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Banchee (I think that's how you spell it?)?

Adamski
21-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Banshee, loads of people have mentioned that to me recently. Is it season 4 that's about to start?

Pleb
21-09-2015, 10:01 PM
There's a season four coming apparently.

No news on trailers though.

Alex
21-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Yevrah How about Ray Donovan? It's in its third season now and is really good. Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight are in it.

I think Ray Donovan is my favourite thing on television at the minute. It has gotten progressively better as it's gone on too. Season three has been excellent. Getting Ian McShane on board was a great shout.

Bernanke
21-09-2015, 10:09 PM
I need a good tv show to get into.

Needs to be one with continuing stories with the same or evolving cast, rather than standalone episodes each week (like CSI, for example).

Any suggestions?

For the love of god, The Americans. More people NEED to see it.

igor_balis
21-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Looking forward to the new bojack horseman. Gonna be fucking ages though.

AE
22-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Yev, The Knick is quality (albeit one season). So is Black Sails, doesn't get enough love on here though.

I hunk banshee are doing one more season as well.

Bernanke
23-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Is the Yahoo-season of Community worth watching? Better than the gasleak? I sort of enjoyed season 5.

John
23-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Girlfriend and I have been watching The West Wing recently, about halfway through the fourth series now. I'd probably have smashed through it all already if not for agreeing to watch it together but it's one that's probably better appreciated with time between episodes.

It's definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Consistently very good with the occasional episode that is well up there with best of TV.

Do you not get a bit sick of how often it breaks the 'show, don't tell' rule?

Banshee, loads of people have mentioned that to me recently. Is it season 4 that's about to start?

There's a season four coming apparently.

No news on trailers though.

Banshee is great fun, but it's basically just very well executed pulpy nonsense. It has the best fight scenes on TV, and Job is a fucking great character though, so it's still worth recommending.

The fourth season will be the last.

For the love of god, The Americans. More people NEED to see it.

Yes. This is the correct answer.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Some of these suggestions look great, but as previously mentioned I'm just not starting anything that either hasn't already finished or is about to go into/is already in its final season.

The week to week, then 6 month wait for another episode of something you're really into is just dogshit.

John
23-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Banshee is going into its final season, albeit not until January, but there are thirty something episodes available now, and it's cracking fun. The Americans is similar, in that it's three seasons in and going into a fourth, but it's highly unlikely that it'll be the last.

The miniseries of Fargo was a great watch too. Ten episodes and out, with Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton being brilliant. There will be a followup, but it's set thirty years in the past, with different characters, and based around a story that was mentioned in passing during the first run.

Rectify is excellent, but given you thought there was nothing at all happening in The Wire I imagine you'd report Rectify to trading standards for describing itself as a drama.

phonics
23-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Is The Americans as campy as it comes across in the first few episodes? It seemed rather 'fun' rather than the more serious thing I was looking for.

Toby
23-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Do you not get a bit sick of how often it breaks the 'show, don't tell' rule?

I've seen you post about this before but the honest answer is no. When they're talking about presidents making once-in-a-generation speeches I'm fine with them just showing snippets and reactions.

John
23-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Is The Americans as campy as it comes across in the first few episodes? It seemed rather 'fun' rather than the more serious thing I was looking for.

It gets quite dark and grim in fairly short order.

I've seen you post about this before but the honest answer is no. When they're talking about presidents making once-in-a-generation speeches I'm fine with them just showing snippets and reactions.

It did my head in. That, the more didactic sequences, and the always present 'could care less' would have combined to make me give up on it completely quite early on if it wasn't so absolutely brilliant when it was clicking.

phonics
23-09-2015, 08:49 PM
I've got one episode of Narcos left and then I think it'll be The Knick.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Not normally for this thead, but Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish is so so so good.

Bernanke
23-09-2015, 08:51 PM
I think the plan for The Americans always was 5 seasons.

Like Breaking Bad, it's one of those shows that needs some time to work in the characters etc., season 3 was easily the best one so far. I rank it very highly compared to "great seasons from other good shows".

I've got one episode of Narcos left and then I think it'll be The Knick.

Narcos is boring me a bit after 4-5 episodes. The narration becomes too much at times I think.

phonics
23-09-2015, 08:51 PM
What is it? I did a bit of a Dave Gorman binge after watching his Googlewhack show to the point where I'd watched so much Dave Gorman, I could no longer watch Dave Gorman be Dave Gorman.

John
23-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Not normally for this thead, but Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish is so so so good.

Is there a third series of that on the go? I rather enjoyed the last one.

Give Fargo a look, Yev. And Southland.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 08:56 PM
It's just Dave talking about random observational shit, including people's mentality, the way companies do things, just all sorts really. He does it for 45 minutes each episode with his projector.

It's not often laugh out loud funny, but it's such a tight watch and seems to get better with each series.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 08:57 PM
Is there a third series of that on the go? I rather enjoyed the last one.

Yeah, three episodes in. Southland and Fargo are getting added to the list cheers John.

Blitz
23-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Just give Breaking Bad another run :win:

And on a related note, how is Better Call Saul? I watched the first three episodes when it came out, but then my laptop broke, and I haven't tried watching it since.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 09:05 PM
I was a bit fatigued by Saul after watching Breaking Bad twice in about 6 months, so I only did the first couple before knocking it on the head for the time being.

Boydy
23-09-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm in the same boat as Yevrah. Need something new to watch but don't want something that hasn't finished as it's annoying waiting on stuff. Made that mistake with Mr Robot and Orphan Black recently although they are both very good.

Pleb
23-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Aquarius on Sky Atlantic might be worth a shout.

Crime drama featuring a random 16 year old female teenager falling head over heels with a potential mass murderer and kingpin. I only saw one episode but it looks promising so far. I'm considering giving that a watch over the coming weeks.

Toby
23-09-2015, 09:12 PM
It gets quite dark and grim in fairly short order.

It did my head in. That, the more didactic sequences, and the always present 'could care less' would have combined to make me give up on it completely quite early on if it wasn't so absolutely brilliant when it was clicking.

"Could care less" grates a little but it's hardly uncommon in American TV.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-09-2015, 09:15 PM
Get on The Strain, lads.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Get on The Strain, lads.

Is it vampire based bollocks? If so, nah, not doing that.

Boydy
23-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Sounds like vampires mixed with zombies.

Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the CDC's New York-based Canary Project, is called upon to investigate when an airplane lands with everybody on board dead. What his team discovers is a viral outbreak that has similarities to an ancient strain of vampirism. As the virus begins to spread, Goodweather works with his team and a group of the city's residents to wage a war that could hold humanity's fate in its hand. The show's executive producers include Oscar-nominated writer Guillermo del Toro and Emmy-winning producer Carlton Cuse.

Blitz
23-09-2015, 09:28 PM
I'm always scared of watching new shows. I know I'll have to go a few episodes into it to really feel I can judge it, and with new episodes always being more difficult to watch, if those first few I watch don't excite me, I feel I've wasted too much time and energy.

And then I revert to watching clips like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-iAZBtNrs

And that sets me back quite a bit in my search for new series... :nono: It's a tough life.

EDIT: Just realized the clip might be a spoiler for some. How do I use a spoiler tag?

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Is it vampire based bollocks? If so, nah, not doing that.

Sounds like vampires mixed with zombies.

It's vampires.

It's amazing though, Del Toro :cool:

Boydy
23-09-2015, 09:32 PM
For the zombie part I meant that there's a virus that spreads. That's zombie-like.

John
23-09-2015, 09:35 PM
The Strain is fucking abysmal. Even the creature design, usually a strength in anything with Del Toro's name on it, isn't up to much.

Boydy
23-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Has anyone seen Revolution?

The concept sounds interesting.

Browning
23-09-2015, 10:08 PM
It's just Dave talking about random observational shit, including people's mentality, the way companies do things, just all sorts really. He does it for 45 minutes each episode with his projector.

It's not often laugh out loud funny, but it's such a tight watch and seems to get better with each series.

Yea, I'm really enjoying the new series. Probably the only show I look forward to each week. It's so good.

phonics
23-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Now, THAT'S campy. The basic premise is a lot better than the actual show but if you've got nothing else to watch and want a 'badasses of the week' kind of show it's good.

igor_balis
24-09-2015, 12:10 AM
Watched the James Randi documentary on BBC4 tonight, it was excellent. I'd seen him fucking with Geller et al on youtube clips before but I didn't realise how much of an interesting bloke he was.

CJay
24-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Anyone been watching Fear The Walking Dead, or whatever it's called? How does it compare with the normal series?

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Anyone been watching Fear The Walking Dead, or whatever it's called? How does it compare with the normal series?

IIRC it didn't go down well in the TV thread on old TTH, especially from John.

CJay
24-09-2015, 12:26 AM
IIRC it didn't go down well in the TV thread on old TTH, especially from John.

Figured that might be the case.

John
24-09-2015, 12:43 AM
The music is better than the original, but they've basically fucked themselves by glossing over the most inherently interesting parts of their premise and putting the focus on the most problematic ones. All they're really doing is providing evidence that they were right to skip a few months in with the original.

It's no worse than the original at its worst and it's only a six episode run so I'll see it through, but it really isn't up to much.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 12:48 AM
Only 6?

I made get started on that tomorrow then.

Josh
24-09-2015, 07:22 AM
The Strain is pure shite.

Revolution can be cheesy fun, can be pretty abysmal. The general premise is great though and sometimes it can carry it through. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it if you haven't seen the abundance of other amazing shows but it is watchable.

I've actually enjoyed Fear Of The Walking Dead so far but it will interesting to see what direction it follows.

Anyone that hasn't watched The Americans needs to get on it ASAP. Same with Rectify and The Affair.

Not a drama but Curb Your Enthusiasm is absolutely brilliant and has a 30 minute runtime. He is about as miserable as most of TTH so I reckon everyone would like it. There's plenty of seasons to get through too.

For dramas that have finished their runs you can't go wrong with any of:
The Wire
The Sopranos
The Shield
Justified
Friday Night Lights
Breaking Bad

wullie
24-09-2015, 07:33 AM
The Returned should be back on Channel 4 in a few weeks, which kills my temptation to watch the US remake. Ou est mon velo a la piscine LAKE PUB

Demerit
24-09-2015, 08:24 AM
The Returned (french version) is excellent.

I've finally just started Mad Men the past few nights.

igor_balis
24-09-2015, 12:24 PM
For dramas that have finished their runs you can't go wrong with any of:
The Wire
The Sopranos
The Shield
Justified
Friday Night Lights
Breaking Bad

Yeah, I'm with you on the first three and Breaking Bad. I'd also throw 6 Feet Under into the mix, I watched it recently and reckon it deserves more of a mention in these kind of 'best tv dramas EVERRR' discussions. Went a bit weird for a brief bit in the middle, but not as bad as The Wire season 5 for example.

Trying to figure out which show of their ilk I'll go for next. I tried Deadwood when Charlie Brooker was going mad about it, but I thought it was pretty fucking boring to be honest.

Anyone else got suggestions? Not too fussed about decent current shows, as I've got plenty of old ones I haven't seen. Also, I find having to wait for episodes week to week proper shit, and would rather be able to go at my own pace (i.e. put off watching it for ages then binge 4 seasons in a weekend).

I thought the 'fly episode' of Breaking Bad was a perfect example - if I'd waited a week for that, I'd have gone mental, but I didn't really notice it as part of a 10 hour binge.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Oh, I might watch The Shield.

Pepe
24-09-2015, 01:32 PM
First few seasons are decent entertainment.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Ewww, 4:3 aspect ratio.

igor_balis
24-09-2015, 01:49 PM
I like The Shield because it is so much more developed than your usual crime procedural but still has all the fun cliches - notably the wildcard cop who plays by no rules but his own.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdh8vv_mcbain-by-book_fun

Pleb
24-09-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm downloading The Blacklist through Sky Box Sets, any good?

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Very.

Spader is absolutely brilliant in his role.

John
24-09-2015, 04:34 PM
I didn't last long with it. There's fun to be had in James Spader rolling lines around his mouth and the character is excellent, but he's the only interesting character in it. He's also so far ahead of the rest of the cast as an actor that everyone else looks crap playing against him, which is a problem.

The main actress's wig is good fun aswell, actually. A bit of a theme developing with this and The Strain, 'how.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Mahow just watches any old shite.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Mahow just watches any old shite.

That much is true.

Although I do love The Blacklist and I wouldn't call that (or The Strain for that matter) 'any old shite'.

John
24-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I was talking about the wigs, not the quality of the program. The main bloke in The Strain has a hilariously bad and unnecessary wig aswell.

I get why they'd use a wig to cover up continuity problems stemming from the actor changing their hair, but why the Dickens would you cast a bald actor and put a wig on him from day one when his having hair isn't fundamental to the character?

What did you think of Parks in the end, Boyd?

Boydy
24-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Absolutely loved it in the end. Although I thought it dipped a bit in the final season as there was too much change. Everyone went on to be a bit too successful and happy.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 05:02 PM
I was talking about the wigs, not the quality of the program. The main bloke in The Strain has a hilariously bad and unnecessary wig aswell.

I get why they'd use a wig to cover up continuity problems stemming from the actor changing their hair, but why the Dickens would you cast a bald actor and put a wig on him from day one when his having hair isn't fundamental to the character?

What did you think of Parks in the end, Boyd?

Oh right.

They made him 'shave his hair' in season 2 so he's natural now.

John
24-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Absolutely loved it in the end. Although I thought it dipped a bit in the final season as there was too much change. Everyone went on to be a bit too successful and happy.

It did in general, but I thought the 'Ron and Leslie' episode was one of the best of the whole series. Everyone did do a bit too well, but it would have been against the spirit of the show if one of them had ended up living under a bridge or prematurely dead.

Maybe Mona Lisa Saperstein could have died in a fire without harming the positivity.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Yeah, the episode was great, to be fair. And yeah, it's a pretty small criticism but I wasn't asking for anyone to die or live under a bridge. Just not be so ridiculously successful. But yeah, it fitted with the show and helped tie everything up so it's not a huge deal. I guess my criticism was really that the final series seemed a bit too plot-driven compared to the others.

I liked Mona-Lisa and Jean-Ralphio. I don't think there was a character I didn't like.

John
24-09-2015, 05:41 PM
I loved Jean-Ralphio, him decking Ben with one of his singing bouts was one of my biggest laughs of the series, but Mona Lisa was just a huge shit. I wasn't keen on Jamb either, but he was used in fairly small doses outside of one or two episodes so it wasn't a problem.

Toby
24-09-2015, 05:48 PM
The Sapersteins were Sabre-employee-in-The-Office tier terrible.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, Jamm was pretty annoying, actually. But then I guess you're meant to hate him.

Toby's wrong, again.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 06:56 PM
I liked the Sapersteins (Jean Ralphio was by far the best) but Jamm was awful.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 07:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPgGg2vGVtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbD1VUMzADM

So great.

John
24-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Both of those are from the middle of season two, when you were still moaning about it being an Office clone.

Ian
24-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Jean-Ralphio was slightly less funny as he went on and became a bit of an actual dickhead rather than an annoying but harmless buffoon. He's got some brilliant moments though, including the Donna one above.

Pepe
24-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Tom is dogshit. Ann is useless but harmless. The always positive lad starts off well but becomes a bore. That Jean-Ralphio fella is funny in small doses. The sister in even smaller ones. Jamm was ok but maybe a bit overused.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Both of those are from the middle of season two, when you were still moaning about it being an Office clone.

Errr... I suppose I look back on it more kindly now since it grew on me.

Toby
24-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Toby's wrong, again.

I guess this is meant jokingly but sounds so pissy.

They're a bit like Rafi in The League in that they just go for really outlandish, " haha, you didn't see that coming" sort of humour, which just knst my cup of tea at all.

(The mobile app still deletes when you try to edit, for anybody wondering why I deleted this and made almost exactly the same post in its place.)

Benny
24-09-2015, 07:42 PM
At first I hated Chris, but I actually liked him come the end of season six.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Hmm, I like Rafi too.

And that was meant jokingly, yeah.

Also, look at the state of Pepe here. And people call me miserable ffs.

Benny
24-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Pepe just hates it because he wants to look cool.

John
24-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Also, look at the state of Pepe here. And people call me miserable ffs.

That's exactly how you looked with your early complaints.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Alright, I was wrong. We know this. I know this. I've admitted it. What else do you want?

igor_balis
24-09-2015, 07:51 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/2FazqjsAGmKjrNmXm/giphy.gif

Pleb
24-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Shooting Stars :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Chris Taeger was the worst character in the whole thing for me though.

John
24-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Alright, I was wrong. We know this. I know this. I've admitted it. What else do you want?

Nothing. I'll continue to comment on bizarre inconsistencies as long as you continue to post them.

Chris Taeger was the worst character in the whole thing for me though.

Nope. Chris was brilliant.

Toby
24-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Hmm, I like Rafi too.

I was so happy that they seemed to have killed him off in that episode with Seth Rogan, and so pissed off when they had the "lol, nope" moment a few episodes later. I just can't get on board with that sort of "wacky" humour, I need it to be at least slightly grounded in reality.

Tried to put that in a spoiler but they don't work yet. I'm leaving it since nobody watches The League for dramatic suspense.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Nice to see you completely disregard the 'for me' part.

I couldn't stand him.

Pen
24-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Had no idea this would be the last season of The League :(

Really like that show. It's nice to have a show where none of the main characters are likeable in pretty much any way.

Toby
24-09-2015, 08:12 PM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia does that too. Charlie is mostly quite likeable through his innocent stupidity but the others are such relentlessly terrible people that it's almost draining to watch too much of them.

Pepe
24-09-2015, 08:59 PM
I think Parks and Rec is good, just so we're clear.

Boydy
24-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Revolution is so cheesy.

Giancarlo Esposito makes me want to keep watching though.

Fuck that stupid mobile editing function that actually deletes posts.

TG09
25-09-2015, 12:14 AM
Had no idea this would be the last season of The League :(

Really like that show. It's nice to have a show where none of the main characters are likeable in pretty much any way.

I am a bit behind on this show, it is pretty good.

Aquarius is good, only seen one episode so far.

Watched the new Dr Who the other day, the sets look so fake.

wullie
25-09-2015, 07:43 AM
I'm on Dave schedule for Parks, so Ben's just been fired and is running Leslie's election campaign. Jean-Ralphio at the moment is still very infrequent guest but that stuff about his company with Tom was a bit bollocks so less of that please.

Jeet
25-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Anyone watched Heroes reborn?

Adamski
25-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Revolution is so cheesy.

Giancarlo Esposito makes me want to keep watching though.

Fuck that stupid mobile editing function that actually deletes posts.

Didn't that get cancelled?

Boydy
25-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Yep. Only two seasons. So did Jericho though and I enjoyed it. I'm about a third of the way through the first season and although it's not great, I'm intrigued enough about the premise to keep watching.

Pleb
25-09-2015, 06:00 PM
So I finally finished The Brink.

It's a bit mental.

phonics
25-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Did Revolution not get more than two seasons? It certainly felt like it went on for ages. My favourite thing about the show is the constant shift of how they're the good guys despite the hundreds upon thousands of people they kill per month.

Pleb
25-09-2015, 06:24 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(TV_series)

Got cancelled last year apparently for some reason. Probably because it looks shite.

phonics
25-09-2015, 06:25 PM
It's shite but eminently watchable shite.

Pleb
25-09-2015, 06:26 PM
I watched two episodes of it then gave up.

Probably might pick it up on Sky if they can be bothered to put it on their lists.

Baz
25-09-2015, 07:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtP3CEYKab8

Boydy
26-09-2015, 02:50 PM
It's shite but eminently watchable shite.

Yeah, pretty much.

Just watched an episode where they supposedly get trapped in a subway tunnel when a mine blows up the entrance they came in. And it seals it airtight, apparently. So they all start suffocating and hallucinating due to the suffocation (is that a thing?). How was there not some other air getting in somewhere else in the tunnel? Surely there'd be vents or something at least? Or how did a pile of rubble from the explosion seal it airtight? And then when they eventually find some service door that they can get out, it's got a load of fucking holes in it. WHAT.

Still, it's kinda fun.

phonics
26-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Mate just you wait until you get to the Finale.

Adamski
26-09-2015, 07:28 PM
I quite liked season 1 of Revolution. Don't get me wrong it's total shite, but I'm a sucker for dystopian shite and as Boydy said, Giancarlo Esposito :cool:

Anyone given Minority Report or Limitless pilots a go yet?

Boydy
26-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I love dystopian/post-apocalyptic stuff too which is why I'm still enjoying it a lot despite it not being all that good.

Have you seen Jericho?

Adamski
26-09-2015, 09:16 PM
No, didn't bother when I found out it was cancelled.

phonics
27-09-2015, 12:13 AM
I'm about to watch all of Red Dwarf again and I couldn't be happier.

John
27-09-2015, 12:23 AM
I can't remember seeing it, but based on the premise anyone enjoying Revolution will probably also enjoy Falling Skies. I dropped it fairly quickly, but it seems like it would fit the same taste as Revolution.

It's incredibly po faced and the aliens in it are, brilliantly, called 'Skitters', so it's unintentionally hilarious quite often, when you get someone doing some serious ACTING and saying 'the only thing I hate more than you are the Skitters."

Boydy
27-09-2015, 02:34 AM
I can't remember seeing it, but based on the premise anyone enjoying Revolution will probably also enjoy Falling Skies. I dropped it fairly quickly, but it seems like it would fit the same taste as Revolution.

It's incredibly po faced and the aliens in it are, brilliantly, called 'Skitters', so it's unintentionally hilarious quite often, when you get someone doing some serious ACTING and saying 'the only thing I hate more than you are the Skitters."

I think I saw that when I was looking for something along these lines and eventually settled on Revolution. I saw a clip and thought the aliens looked a bit crap in it. I might give it a go anyway.

Boydy
27-09-2015, 02:35 AM
No, didn't bother when I found out it was cancelled.

It actually wraps itself up pretty well in the two seasons so it's not that bad. I think they did continue (or at least plan to continue) the story in a graphic novel though.

It's definitely worth a watch if you like dystopian or post-apocalyptic stuff. I really enjoyed it.

Jeet
27-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Quantico - Got good ratings on IMDB, gonna give it a watch just because it has Priyanka Chopra :drool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=43&v=L-tX9rYE9u0

Boydy
27-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Revolution is starting to get a bit ridiculous with how many times it appears one/some of the main characters have been captured and are about to meet their doom when BAM! someone shows up to save them.

Jeet
27-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Revolution is shit, why you watching that?

Adamski
27-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Anyone watching This Is England '90?

Giggles
27-09-2015, 09:02 PM

I couldn't after seeing the ads and that little blonde bug eyed fuck in it.

The Merse
27-09-2015, 09:12 PM

Yep, massive Shane Meadows fan so I'd love to see him keep it up at regular intervals for years to come.

His ability to convey darkness is fantastic, injecting just enough of the banal to keep it deeply convincing and ultimately very affecting.

Adamski
27-09-2015, 09:18 PM
This is the last series of it.

It's just so harrowing yet so funny at the same time. That's such a difficult thing to do.

Boydy
27-09-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm going to wait till it's all been aired then watch it. Not that excited about it though. It feels like it's a bit stale now. I'm glad it's the last one and he'll be doing other things.

Boydy
27-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Revolution is shit, why you watching that?

It's been discussed quite a bit on the last page. Read the thread.

TG09
27-09-2015, 09:35 PM

I have downloaded the first one, havent watched it yet.

Started watching The League with the missus from the start, she likes it.

I want to start watching Humans, just need to find time now.

Baz
27-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Not seen tonight's but last weeks episode of This Is England 90 was easily one of the worst things I've ever watched. I quite like the film too. Just absolute bilge, 99% filler.

The Merse
27-09-2015, 09:50 PM
I feel like a lot of people feel that way about a lot of Meadows film/tv making due to the same content interpreted differently by others that compares him to genius. The kitchen sink stuff draws the context within which the drama is elevated.

Alex Ferguson
27-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Just started watching The X-Files (fiancée's recommendation). Two decades late but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Spammer
28-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Anyone else on here watch Gogglebox?

Don't watch much telly but that shit I compulsory viewing.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Yes.

Leon is an absolute beast, as are the Siddiqui lot.

Jeet
28-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Yeh, made me watch other programmes like 'First Dates' and also stay away from shite like 'This is England 90'

Lee
28-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Leon. :cool:

The gay glasses bloke is good too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Leon. :cool:

The gay glasses bloke is good too.

Yep, he's up near the top as well.

I hate the new Scouse(?) sisters though, especially the brunette. Fucking hell, they're awful.

Jeet
28-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Just started watching The X-Files (fiancée's recommendation). Two decades late but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

A new version is in the making aswell. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4370492/

Foe
28-09-2015, 06:47 PM
A few episodes into series 4 of sons of anarchy and it's getting pretty good. Can tell they are already building towards a conclusion despite it being a good series and a half away.

Alex Ferguson
28-09-2015, 07:24 PM
A new version is in the making aswell. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4370492/

I've noticed. My partner started watching it to get herself prepared for it and I caught on at Episode 3. I'm hooked and closing in on the second season finale.

The Merse
28-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Got around to episode 3 of This is England '90.

Fuck me. :serious:

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Barbara Gordon is quickly becoming even worse than Fish Mooney.

Fucking hell.

I'm really not sure why I'm sticking with Gotham.

John
29-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Season two of The Leftovers kicks off this Sunday. Despite it being quite likely it'll quickly ascend up Damon Lindelof's arse, never to emerge, I can't wait.

Pen
29-09-2015, 05:25 PM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia does that too. Charlie is mostly quite likeable through his innocent stupidity but the others are such relentlessly terrible people that it's almost draining to watch too much of them.

That had me hoping for a brief moment that there might have been a new season on already. What a disappointment to find out there was nothing new :( That show is ridiculously good.

wullie
29-09-2015, 05:37 PM
There's a new season of Sunny starting fairly soon, possibly January?

Pen
29-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Last one started mid January.

Jeet
01-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Anyone know what show this was off? May have been last night or the day before?

Hilarious - found it on my fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/chavwanka/videos/1091786800845317/?pnref=story

John
01-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Right, what I know about the new season of The Leftovers. One of the characters is trying to get a book published about the events of the first season. The stunning opening titles have been changed and will be accompanied by a disconcertingly meta song choice. A few main characters have moved to a town which somehow didn't lose anyone in the 'Departure'.

None of that makes me feel in any way confident about the new direction.

Will you be watching from the off, or waiting until it's done to get involved, Yevrah?

wullie
01-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Has Aimee been left behind?

John
01-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Probably, though some of it will still be set in Mapleton so she might still be in it.

Baz
01-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Episode 2 (well, 3 I guess cos the first was a double bill) of The Bastard Executioner wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Will continue wth it though.

Jeet
01-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Them eyebrows on FirstDates :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQQv2PKWUAA0bmf.jpg

Angelsaint
02-10-2015, 08:27 AM
I am watching Gotham and enjoying quite a bit but I have always that feeling " when is batman coming up?" all the time.
Still pretty nice to watch.

On another genre Brooklyn nine nine is awesome. Intelligent dumb humor.

Spammer
02-10-2015, 08:28 AM
Will Batman actually turn up eventually or is that just not the point at all?

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Rick and Morty, boys, Rick and Morty.

John
02-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Will Batman actually turn up eventually or is that just not the point at all?

Bruce Wayne is in it as a child of about thirteen, so it'll either need to run for about ten years or introduce a huge time jump for Batman to appear. The first is unlikely because it's shite, the second is unlikely because it would go against the stated premise of the show.

Giggles
02-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Gotham isn't supposed to be about Batman. Wayne's story will naturally be part of the show but that should be it.

Angelsaint
02-10-2015, 08:54 AM
I may enjoy this. I scrolled a bit and no signs of downtown abbey or sex and the city.

So Brooklyn nine nine, how awesome is that show. Terry Crews is the man! Am right?

Magic
02-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Yep. Crewes is incredible.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Guys I watched the latest Downton Abbey last night. I love the costumes and the accents.

Can't wait to see what will happens between Mr. Poppernickle and Madame Spritzy. Of course the intrigues in the kitchen were quite intense as well.

John
02-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Terry Crews is great fun and eminently likable, but he isn't much of an actor. Joe Lo Truglio is the star of the show in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, though there's some sort of wizardry going on with Chelsea Pretti's character. I hated her on sight when she turned up in Parks and Rec, hated her Brooklyn character the moment she did that hateful dance in the titles, and everything she's done since should have exacerbated that, but somehow she's not a problem. I don't like the character and never laugh at her, but I don't bridle at her every appearance, as I should.

Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome.

Toby
02-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Whenever we discuss Brooklyn Nine Nine I always struggle to say anything good about it, and especially struggle to pick out a particularly amusing or intersting individual character, and yet it all comes together and works really nicely.

Angelsaint
02-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Guys I watched the latest Downton Abbey last night. I love the costumes and the accents.

Can't wait to see what will happens between Mr. Poppernickle and Madame Spritzy. Of course the intrigues in the kitchen were quite intense as well.

Terry Crews is great fun and eminently likable, but he isn't much of an actor. Joe Lo Truglio is the star of the show in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, though there's some sort of wizardry going on with Chelsea Pretti's character. I hated her on sight when he turned up in Parks and Rec, hated her Brooklyn character the moment she did that hateful dance in the titles, and everything she's done since should have exacerbated that, but somehow she's not a problem. I don't like the character and never laugh at her, but I don't bridle at her every appearance, as I should.

Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome.
No chance in hell you a normal person if you don't love Chelsea. She has some epic lines. EPIC!

John Arne
02-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Yep, Lo Truglio is great, as is
Braugher as the Capt. - his delivery if the deadpan lines is perfect.

wullie
02-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Amy Santiago is the best, or at least the actress does the best job with the character.

Boydy
02-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Rosa. :wub:

simon
02-10-2015, 09:35 AM
The Captain is the best character by far.

simon
02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg93zJiHJOs

Angelsaint
02-10-2015, 09:49 AM
"If I had a micro, I would drop it right now! ", " hi, this is Gina phone.leave a voice-mail, I won't check it cuz it's not 1993",

John
02-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Review finished its second season last night, and it was fucking brilliant until the last. It remains the best current comedy.

randomlegend
02-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Rick and Morty, boys, Rick and Morty.

I tried this after finishing Archer. I couldn't even get through the first episode, it's so irritating.

Angelsaint
02-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Review finished its second season last night, and it was fucking brilliant until the last. It remains the best current comedy.
Brookline 99?

I tried this after finishing Archer. I couldn't even get through the first episode, it's so irritating.
So... Don't watch it?

What about narcos or whatever is called that I see it mentioned a lot in Facebook?

Bernanke
02-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Narcos is decent, but the narration is really grating on me. I stopped after 5 eps and haven't picked it up again yet.

Angelsaint
02-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Saw the first episode, it promises.
Some mistakes that most don't notice. Pablo Escobar is played by a Brazilian who many times speak Portuguese. Also not even enough violence like what happened.
Also very soft on the Americans.

Still promising.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 01:58 PM

You're dead to me.

Boydy
02-10-2015, 03:02 PM
What is Rick and Morty?

John
02-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Brookline 99?

Review is miles better.

It's darker and the comedic sensibility on show is completely different, but it's absolutely brilliant.

Angelsaint
04-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Never heard of it. Might take a look.

I have to confess my guilty pleasure... Vampire diaries and the awesome The originals.
I know I will take a lot of critic but I just love those shows.

Baz
04-10-2015, 08:17 AM
I have to confess my guilty pleasure... Vampire diaries and the awesome The originals.
I know I will take a lot of critic but I just love those shows.You wanna get on Gossip Girl.

Angelsaint
04-10-2015, 08:31 AM
No thanks. Has to have a proper bad guy.

Damon and the all mighty Klaus.

Boydy
04-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Revolution is becoming properly bollocks as season 2 progresses rather than the stupid fun it was before.

Mazuuurk
04-10-2015, 08:18 PM
What is Rick and Morty?

It's this animated comedy. It's a little Bobs Burgers in style, but more akin to Family Guy or something like that in humour. Although I find it a bit more intelligent somehow.

I can sort of see how it wouldn't appeal to some people, although I don't respect those people very much.
To me it's amongst the funniest things I've seen in a long time, genuine LOL-moments every episode.

Baz
04-10-2015, 08:23 PM
No thanks. Has to have a proper bad guy.http://gossipgirl.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/8/files/chuck-bass-gifs/chuck-6.gif

Pleb
04-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Never heard of it. Might take a look.

I know I will take a lot of critic but I just love those shows.
Girls: An HBO comedy style Sex In The City ripoff.

Right up your street.

John
04-10-2015, 08:43 PM
I watched an episode of some bibble called 'Zoo' on Netflix earlier. The premise seemed quite fun, animals begin attacking people in unusual fashion all over the world and THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE US is a weedy scientist bloke with a dad who predicted it twenty years ago and was deemed to be mental. All your favourite cliches in one place.

About ten minutes in I was treated to the sight of a black rhino which represented the worst piece of CGI I've seen since the flaming moose in Knowing being scared out of a hunter's crosshairs by a boombox blasting James Brown.

I shan't be watching any more.

The Leftovers is back tonight. :drool:

Boydy
05-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Ffs, why is Bob's Burgers taking a week off already after having only started last week? Fucking American TV scheduling.

Magic
05-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Anyone watching Cradle to Grave about a young Danny Baker?

Adamski
05-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Sounds horrific.

The Mrs has shown an interest in Mr Robot, so I'm just about to rewatch the three episodes I've seen so far. Anyone else seen it?

Baz
05-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Got around to episode 3 of This is England '90.

Fuck me. :serious:Really gonna be glad when it's finished. The scene at the dinner table, as intense as it was, dragged on for way too long. Shane Meadows does my head in.

If it wasn't for the awesomeness of Harv I'd have packed it in by now.

Baz
05-10-2015, 05:25 PM
If anyone watches Deal Or No Deal, apparently there's a girl on it tomorrow called Ness. I met her mum today and dayummmmmmmm she was a MILF. :hubba: Might be worth a watch.

Adamski
05-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Really gonna be glad when it's finished. The scene at the dinner table, as intense as it was, dragged on for way too long. Shane Meadows does my head in.

It finished last night? Really enjoyed the first episode but the rest of them haven't been up to much. Not a path on '88.

Pretty strange that Shane Meadows does your head in yet you've sat through all these different sequels.

Baz
05-10-2015, 05:34 PM
It finished last night? Really enjoyed the first episode but the rest of them haven't been up to much. Not a path on '88.

Pretty strange that Shane Meadows does your head in yet you've sat through all these different sequels.Not just upto me what's on the tele these days. :o

And oh yeah. It's recorded. Might sit through it after tea.

As for Meadows, I do like a few of his films. Twenty Four Seven's awesome.

Boydy
05-10-2015, 05:42 PM

You're dead to me.

I'm with RL on this. I tried the first episode and it really is irritating shite.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Ffs, why is Bob's Burgers taking a week off already after having only started last week? Fucking American TV scheduling.

Really? ffs.

Boydy
05-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Really? ffs.

Yep - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bob%27s_Burgers_episodes#Season_6_.282015. 29

Episode 1 - 27th September
Episode 2 - 11th October

The Merse
05-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Really gonna be glad when it's finished. The scene at the dinner table, as intense as it was, dragged on for way too long. Shane Meadows does my head in.

Episode 4.

I really thought when they got a cup of tea that Milky was going to let Combo go. The faces of both when the others walk in are quite distressing.

Tubes
05-10-2015, 08:23 PM
What's the chrome extension that allows you to change your location called?

Boydy
05-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Hola.

Tubes
05-10-2015, 08:29 PM

Baz
05-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Episode 4.

I really thought when they got a cup of tea that Milky was going to let Combo go. The faces of both when the others walk in are quite distressing. Episode 4 was pretty good, yeah. Even as a smackrat, that Kelly's pretty fit.

Adamski
05-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Bit of a trek just to visit his gran, Yevrah

Yevrah
05-10-2015, 08:36 PM
She's a nice lady and sometimes you've got to give a bit back.

Giggles
05-10-2015, 08:47 PM
I can't imagine John visiting his Gran.

Vim
06-10-2015, 08:59 AM
The Rick and Morty finale. :(

Mazuuurk
06-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Yeah, right? What the fuck :worried: I can't fucking wait like a year until the next season. When is it due?

This is the most I've been anticipating a new season of a show since... ever, I think. More than True Detective s2, definitely more than any GoT season... Fucking hell.

Vim
06-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Did you see the post-credits scene? It mentions when the next season is due very vaguely.

Mr PoopyButthole makes a reappearance and says the new season is coming in like a year and a half or more. :O

Mazuuurk
06-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Yeah I saw that, but didn't know whether to take it seriously. Seems quite long to me. How long was between season 1 and 2?

Vim
06-10-2015, 09:57 AM
I have no clue, I just started watching a couple months back.

AE
06-10-2015, 12:18 PM
The Arrow and The Blacklist are all back :drool:

TG09
06-10-2015, 07:28 PM
Just been watching Heroes Reborn and the side show of Dark Matters. Pretty good, liking what I see so far.

Homeland is back on, so will back on that band wagon again.

Yevrah
06-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Homeland is back on, so will back on that band wagon again.

I saw that that was starting its 5th season, which quite impressed me given that it had all but spunked its load by the end of the second one.

Baz
06-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Just watched episode 4 of The Bastard Executioner and I'm gonna leave it there. It's just boring.

Oh and I've got Leftovers series linked even though I didn't like the first season, so I might join in a bit. Not watched it yet though.

TG09
06-10-2015, 07:39 PM
I saw that that was starting its 5th season, which quite impressed me given that it had all but spunked its load by the end of the second one.

True, they some interesting stories, then crap annoying ones. Some how keeps me interested, a bit like Blacklist.

Boydy
06-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Finished Revolution. Season 2 wasn't very good. I can see why it was cancelled. It didn't really wrap itself up either which is annoying. I read about 'Under the Dome' the other day and thought that sounded interesting but I see it was cancelled after three seasons so I probably won't bother with that. :moop:

John
06-10-2015, 08:20 PM
I've just stuck the first episode of The League on on Netflix, having seen people talking it up in here. I've had two chuckles in the early going and it seems like good background viewing, but I'm not sure I can put up with the gap in Paul Scheer's teeth as an ongoing image on my television. It's bigger than Brianna Barksdale's.

John
06-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Finished Revolution. Season 2 wasn't very good. I can see why it was cancelled. It didn't really wrap itself up either which is annoying. I read about 'Under the Dome' the other day and thought that sounded interesting but I see it was cancelled after three seasons so I probably won't bother with that. :moop:

I watched some of Under The Dome when it first kicked off, largely because Hank off Breaking Bad was in it, and it was seriously shite. Not the brain-off fun type of shite either, properly abysmal. There were a couple of young actors in it who I'm genuinely astonished were getting work. One in particular, a boy of about fifteen, had the emotional range of a cup-a-soup.

Boydy
06-10-2015, 08:29 PM
the emotional range of a cup-a-soup.

Definitely won't bother with it then.

Anyone seen Continuum? It's just started its last season so at least they know it's ending.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Yes, it's not that great tbh.

You'd probably hate it Boydy.

Boydy
06-10-2015, 08:34 PM
I'd probably hate Continuum? Why?

John
06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
I watched the first season of Continuum. It had quite a nice time loop thing going on and the casting director deserved every award going for that year for the actor he/she found to play the 'older' version of one character, but it's basically bobbins. I reckon it's right up your street, as long as you don't go into it expecting The Wire.

Have a look at Falling Skies, Boyd. The 'Skitters' lols alone should see you through about fifty episodes.

igor_balis
06-10-2015, 08:46 PM
I've started watching Seinfeld at long last. It is good but the stand up bits in between are pretty relentlessly shit, I usually just skip through them now.