PDA

View Full Version : Do we live in a golden age of television?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-09-2016, 05:42 PM
If by that you mean that the US >>>>>>> UK then I completely agree.

You're a mong.

The UK one is an absolute masterpiece.

Jimmy Floyd
07-09-2016, 05:58 PM
If you think that the US one is better, or if you think that the UK one is merely 'cringe comedy', you need to visit some sort of doctor.

Foe
07-09-2016, 06:05 PM
You're a mong.

The UK one is an absolute masterpiece.

It's really not. It's watchable, but not great. I've watched through the US office probably 8-10 times. It's brilliant.

In terms of Brittish comedy, off the top of my head, there's far better alternatives in men behaving badly, fawlty towers, father ted, i'm alan partridge. All of those also don't have Ricky Gervais who is a grade A cunt.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Men Behaving Badly? Go lie down.

John
07-09-2016, 06:13 PM
It's really not. It's watchable, but not great. I've watched through the US office probably 8-10 times. It's brilliant.

In terms of Brittish comedy, off the top of my head, there's far better alternatives in men behaving badly, fawlty towers, father ted, i'm alan partridge. All of those also don't have Ricky Gervais who is a grade A cunt.

You've watched a two hundred episode series through at least eight times? No wonder you're a shambles.

Dark Soldier
07-09-2016, 06:15 PM
I'm with Foe tbh, US > UK. I'm in no way saying the UK version is bad, its superb, but I wouldn't label it a masterpiece. I prefer the more over the top style of the US effort, and prefer Carell's Michael.

Then again I've never really been a fan of Brent as a character, or Gervais in general.

Magic
07-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Two different ball games. About to start season 2. :drool:

Reg
07-09-2016, 06:50 PM
+1 for the US being superior. The laughs per minute is way higher.

The UK one is more original in style, but I'd rather laugh more often than nod in approval at innovation.

Foe
07-09-2016, 06:51 PM
You've watched a two hundred episode series through at least eight times? No wonder you're a shambles.

A shambles to you maybe but I dont give a shit.

I enjoy my carefree lifestyle. I work at a multi national (lol) energy company and use a 'Frozen' mug to drink my tea at work. Who the fuck cares?

Pepe
07-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Two different ball games.

Agreed.

Foe
07-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Two different ball games. About to start season 2. :drool:

Series 2 and 3 are outstanding.

Magic
07-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Me and Pepe are total forum bros. This is the most satisfied I've been on the board for years.

Pepe
07-09-2016, 07:01 PM
:gay:

John
07-09-2016, 07:03 PM

I enjoy my carefree lifestyle. I work at a multi national (lol) energy company and use a 'Frozen' mug to drink my tea at work. Who the fuck cares?

That is not a carefree post.

Foe
07-09-2016, 07:09 PM
That is not a carefree post.

If you say so. It must be true.

Dark Soldier
07-09-2016, 08:29 PM
G'wan Foe. Knock him out lad.

Magic
07-09-2016, 08:35 PM
One thing I will say is this season already is a lot brighter, funnier, light-hearted whereas the first 6 in Se01 were dour. Still funny but it really was like a forced American Slough-like version right down to the filter on the camera.

Loving it.

Foe
07-09-2016, 08:47 PM
One thing I will say is this season already is a lot brighter, funnier, light-hearted whereas the first 6 in Se01 were dour. Still funny but it really was like a forced American Slough-like version right down to the filter on the camera.

Loving it.
I'm so jealous :(. Watching it "fresh" is brilliant. My flat mate in Shetland told me about it and I picked up the series 1-5 boxset before Christmas 2012. Roasted through it with all the Christmas snacks. What a time to be alive that was.

Probably the only good thing about Shetland. /itwasnteveninshetland

wullie
08-09-2016, 07:51 AM
With the US one you're better off starting with S2 and getting out before they go a bit mental with the Nard Dog. Nearly all the stuff in between is good.

Baz
08-09-2016, 06:07 PM

I enjoy my carefree lifestyle. I work at a multi national (lol) energy company and use a 'Frozen' mug to drink my tea at work. Who the fuck cares?:cool:

Max Power
08-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Second series of Narcos was better than the first.

Having a clear end point seemed to help and they cut down on the boring DEA guy and cut down a bit on the redundant narration. More Pablo as well, the actor who played him is fucking magnetic.

John
08-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Second series of Narcos was better than the first.

Having a clear end point seemed to help and they cut down on the boring DEA guy and cut down a bit on the redundant narration. More Pablo as well, the actor who played him is fucking magnetic.

He's great as the central character in the Elite Squad films.

Max Power
08-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Yeah they've been on my list for while. Probably about time I got involved.

John
08-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Doesn't really belong here but I can't be bothered going fifteen pages back to find the comedians thread. Downloaded the 'Comedy Roast of Rob Lowe' to see how Jimmy Carr got on with an American audience and I'll be surprised if he gets out of it without a lawsuit on his hands. He just completely dropped all pretense that he was joking when it came to Ann Coulter.

'Ann Coulter is the most repugnant, hateful, hatchet faced bitch alive. But it's not too late to change, Ann. You could kill yourself.'

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-09-2016, 09:39 PM
:D

Shindig
08-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Alright, that's redeemable. :D

mugbull
08-09-2016, 11:50 PM
Narcos, being the only show I watch, was pretty damn good in its 2nd season. Escobar + the 2 Americans are really well written and acted. I don't see how a 3rd season will go down well though, no one gives a shit what the Cali cartel was up to

Magic
09-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Fucking hell S2 of USO is just hilarious. A laugh a minute.

Also I watched 3rd Rock on C4 at a premier inn when I was getting ready to go to work and it too was incredibly funny.

John
09-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Vince Gilligan is writing a series about Jonestown for HBO. :drool:

Dark Soldier
09-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Vince Gilligan is writing a series about Jonestown for HBO. :drool:

Holy shit yes :drool:

John
09-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Holy shit yes :drool:

Michelle McLaren is directing the whole thing too.

Dark Soldier
09-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Cranston will be in there no doubt, don't think he has the look to play Jim Jones.

John
09-09-2016, 11:12 PM
Get Cranston in to play Leo Ryan, and Javier Bardem for Jim Jones.

I found out about this about half an hour ago and I'm already more excited for it than I've been for any television project in quite some time.

Bernanke
14-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Yeah I'll always rate the opening episode as one of the best pieces of TV I've ever seen.

I just watched it, and this seems insanely hyperbolic. What did you find so good about it?

Bernanke
21-09-2016, 11:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ZFdepTu-w
Spoonsky

I loved Sorrentino's work on The Great Beauty, so I'm really excited for this even if it looks a bit hammy.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-09-2016, 11:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JctIuZfSsa4

Jesus it looks good.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
21-09-2016, 12:02 PM
It does. Is it more of a Blade Runner meets Westworld thing do you think?

phonics
21-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Seems like a really, really wank version of The Prisoner.

mo
25-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Stuck with Mad Men, half way through series 3 now and it's much more compelling viewing.

The bit where the English chap gets his foot shredded by the lawn mower caught me completely by surprise, enjoyed that though as being completely out of the blue.

At the same point with Lost too, which I'm still enjoying but sense a downturn may be on the cards...

Yevrah
25-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Really enjoying the return of Cold Feet. No idea whether it's objectively any good or not, but great to see the characters back.

phonics
25-09-2016, 08:15 PM
I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I felt it already lost it's way a bit when Emily from Friends died.

Yevrah
25-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Her character was a succubus and the actress not very good at comedy anyway, so it's no great loss.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
25-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Robbie Coltrane has never been skinny but Christ he's properly obese now.

Ian
29-09-2016, 08:00 PM
New series of The Fall about to start. Second series was a proper let-down so hopefully it picks up again.

John
29-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Brooklyn Nine Nine has come back reasonably well but Maya Rudolph better not be around long. She's about as funny as a stabbing.

Ian
29-09-2016, 10:02 PM
The Fall was really, really, really boring.

Boydy
29-09-2016, 10:05 PM
The Fall was really, really, really boring.

I'm about ten minutes in now and it's just been fucking medical jargon so far. I'm very close to turning it off.

Boydy
30-09-2016, 07:37 AM
Gave it 25 minutes then turned it off.

Ian
30-09-2016, 11:17 AM
I persevered but it needs to sort itself out pronto.

Boydy
30-09-2016, 11:50 AM
The people in work who watched it said not much happened in that episode anyway so I'll watch the next one in the hope it picks up.

phonics
30-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Boyd, did you end up finishing Orphan Black? Was it worth it. I still haven't caught a single episode of season 4.

Boydy
30-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Boyd, did you end up finishing Orphan Black? Was it worth it. I still haven't caught a single episode of season 4.

I did. I think it probably was. It got better towards the end.

Boydy
30-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Are you still watching Mr Robot? I couldn't get into it again at the start of the second season. Is it worth sticking with?

Magic
30-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Brooklyn Nine Nine has come back reasonably well but Maya Rudolph better not be around long. She's about as funny as a stabbing.

Pretty amusing in your neck of the woods?

phonics
30-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Are you still watching Mr Robot? I couldn't get into it again at the start of the second season. Is it worth sticking with?

The first 4 episodes are yet another 'Look at how we lied to you visually' but I guess the twist kind of works. After that it really picks up and gets back to it's best.

Alex
30-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Luke Cage is out today on Netflix. I'm looking forward to it, the trailers have looked really good. There looks to be a big undercurrent of Hip-Hop influences to it as well, so it looks pretty ideal for me on paper.

Foe
01-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Freaks and geeks just got added to Netflix. Ace.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Watched the first two episodes of Cage thus far and they've nailed it again.

Not as strong out of the gate as Daredevil or Jessica Jones but it's got promise and the music is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWhKzEii4yw

The music during the scenes at the club (especially during the first episode like the above the video) are brilliant.

Ian
01-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Didn't realise Luke Cage was out. I'll be all over that.

Bernanke
01-10-2016, 11:00 PM
Watched the first two as well. The story isn't really grabbing me, it's kind of vanilla so far. A lot of the tension in scenes feels really forced as well.

I love the actors though, so I'll stick with it. I love the Shades-guy, and Misty Knight is fine as hell.

John
04-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Westworld is off to a good start. The motifs are a bit too overt for my liking, but it looks absolutely gorgeous, the acting is uniformly excellent, and it's wonderfully creepy in places.

Alex
04-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Westworld is off to a good start. The motifs are a bit too overt for my liking, but it looks absolutely gorgeous, the acting is uniformly excellent, and it's wonderfully creepy in places.

Agreed, especially on the acting front. Particularly the bloke playing Delores' father.

That scene where Anthony Hopkins' creator character is interviewing him and he kept flitting between different version of his programming, it was such great range, just a really perfect mixture of robotic and human. It was proper mesmerising stuff.

Ian
05-10-2016, 05:52 AM
+1 for Westworld. I've also watched the first two episodes of Luke Cage and enjoyed those. It feels less distinct from the other two at this stage than Jessica Jones did from Daredevil but does still have a bit of a different feel which is nice.

That Saadiq guy has a great voice too, might look up some of his stuff.

Spoonsky
05-10-2016, 06:26 AM
I thought the first episode of Westworld was pretty shit. Maybe I'm just not cut out for most television (Seinfeld is all I need). It also doesn't help the suspension of disbelief that all the absolutely gorgeous landscapes are about three hours' drive from my house.

John
05-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Agreed, especially on the acting front. Particularly the bloke playing Delores' father.

That scene where Anthony Hopkins' creator character is interviewing him and he kept flitting between different version of his programming, it was such great range, just a really perfect mixture of robotic and human. It was proper mesmerising stuff.

I was more mesmerised by how lopsided his shoulders were. My one complaint about the cast is that Currie Graham was present, with his face that could drive Gandhi to commit atrocities, but the nature of the story has me confident he won't be a major player going forward so I'm fine with that.

I knew one of the robots murdering a fly was going to be the initial departure from their coding the second time they used a fly to help identify a 'host' for the audience, but that closing sequence was so strong that I'd actually forgot about it by the time Dolores pinged that one on her neck.

There's more than a hint of Battlestar Galactica in it.

I thought the first episode of Westworld was pretty shit. Maybe I'm just not cut out for most television (Seinfeld is all I need). It also doesn't help the suspension of disbelief that all the absolutely gorgeous landscapes are about three hours' drive from my house.

Why would that wreck suspension of disbelief? It's not like it's supposed to be set on Mars or something, it's just a tweaked version of here.

The scenery is beautiful enough that I was wondering where it was filmed while watching though, so thanks for that.

phonics
05-10-2016, 11:56 AM
I know I'm late to this, it being on Season 18 or whatever, but The Good Wife is bloody fantastic television.

SvN
05-10-2016, 12:02 PM
The last season was fucking horrendous, but it was very good for a long time.

phonics
05-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Does the Husband conspiracy stuff ever disappear? It's a terrible B-plot.

SvN
05-10-2016, 12:37 PM
There's always something.

Giggles
07-10-2016, 07:06 PM
I've just seen my first ever 30 seconds of Modern Family. Christ I hate those type of shows, never knew it was like that.

Giggles
07-10-2016, 07:07 PM
The Mrs informs me the type is a 'mockumentary'.

Spoonsky
07-10-2016, 07:11 PM
I was more mesmerised by how lopsided his shoulders were. My one complaint about the cast is that Currie Graham was present, with his face that could drive Gandhi to commit atrocities, but the nature of the story has me confident he won't be a major player going forward so I'm fine with that.

I knew one of the robots murdering a fly was going to be the initial departure from their coding the second time they used a fly to help identify a 'host' for the audience, but that closing sequence was so strong that I'd actually forgot about it by the time Dolores pinged that one on her neck.

There's more than a hint of Battlestar Galactica in it.

Why would that wreck suspension of disbelief? It's not like it's supposed to be set on Mars or something, it's just a tweaked version of here.

The scenery is beautiful enough that I was wondering where it was filmed while watching though, so thanks for that.

Yeah, I guess that's true. Maybe it's just that the scenery doesn't amaze me as much because it's so familiar.

phonics
07-10-2016, 08:22 PM
The Mrs informs me the type is a 'mockumentary'.

I'd call Modern Family a sitcom as their camera use and lack of a narrator doesn't depict a mockumentary. Although, I guess the same could apply to Spinal Tap, maybe I'm wrong?

Giggles
07-10-2016, 08:26 PM
I'd call Modern Family a sitcom as their camera use and lack of a narrator doesn't depict a mockumentary. Although, I guess the same could apply to Spinal Tap, maybe I'm wrong?

I've no idea. I just hate both that wobbly camera crap and when they talk directly to it in that format. Basically Office style.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
07-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Second episode of Westworld released early chaps.

phonics
07-10-2016, 08:36 PM
I've no idea. I just hate both that wobbly camera crap and when they talk directly to it in that format. Basically Office style.

Is it wobbly cam? I've never liked the characters enough to give it more than a passing glance when it's on the TV. Then yeah, it's a mockumentary.

Giggles
07-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Is it wobbly cam? I've never liked the characters enough to give it more than a passing glance when it's on the TV. Then yeah, it's a mockumentary.

Well I'm basing it on a very short view but what I seen was 50/50 'normal' scenes and interview type bits. Definite wobbly cam in the former.

John
08-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Modern Family is technically a 'Mockumentary', but from what I've seen of it they fuck with the timeline of the interviews enough that it doesn't really fit into that category.

The next season of Archer will be set in the forties. :drool:

Boydy
08-10-2016, 11:18 AM
How's that going to work?

The Archer thing, I mean. Actually, it'll probably just involve Krieger inventing a time machine. So quite easily.

John
08-10-2016, 12:53 PM
How's that going to work?

The Archer thing, I mean. Actually, it'll probably just involve Krieger inventing a time machine. So quite easily.

It's linked to the end of last season.

The whole thing will be Archer's coma dream, so presumably it'll be what Archer thinks the forties were like rather than the actual forties.

I'll lay down money now on Lana being a jazz lounge singer at some point.

John
08-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Mike Schur's new thing, 'The Good Place' is good fun. It's probably too high concept to last more than a year on a proper American network, and stick a healthy dose of genuine philosophising and jokes about Socrates on top and I imagine it'll be getting viewerships in the low double digits in the US, but I like it.

The scoreboards are particularly good fun, with each action a person can perform being assigned a number value and your lifetime score being used to decide whether or not you get into 'the good place'.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2uqljdv.png

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Finished Luke Cage today and whilst it's the weakest of the Netflix Marvel stuff it's still damn good.

It really ramps up around the third episode for me.

Ian
09-10-2016, 02:37 PM
I'm three in and it hasn't hooked me the way the others have yet but I've enjoyed what I've seen.

Baz
10-10-2016, 07:16 PM
Finished season four of the X Files last night and although it was late, had to watch the first episode of season five. I'm completely aware it will take a huge dip soon but the end of season four was a cracker. :drool: It must have been AMAZING watching it the first time it aired too because Mulder dies and you wouldn't have known it wasn't true.

P_3
10-10-2016, 09:02 PM
The fuck is this Derren Brown shit on C4? He's gone all religious gobbledegook that the Americans like. Hopefully it all turns out to be a windup.

Spikey M
13-10-2016, 08:17 PM
The Missing is back and it looks as though the 2nd series is going to be as good as the first. Brilliant tv.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
14-10-2016, 06:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8aFcHFu8QM

Stunning footage. I've never seen a lion trying to take down a giraffe before.

Ian
14-10-2016, 07:41 PM
That's going to be so good.

Browning
14-10-2016, 09:16 PM
That does look fantastic.

Do we know when it starts?

ItalAussie
14-10-2016, 10:31 PM
I can't wait to watch that. :drool:

mugbull
14-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Time to buy drugs

ItalAussie
15-10-2016, 09:05 PM
I watched the first three episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine (the Figgis arc). The jokes landed fantastically, but I was a touch disappointed by the plot. The villain didn't feel particularly threatening, and got taken down relatively simply. I know that B99 isn't really about the bad guys, or the police procedural, but I was hoping they'd up their game a little bit for the guy who drove them into witness protection for six months.

Still, the jokes clearly haven't missed a beat. Also, Ken Marino from Party Down!

Alan Shearer The 2nd
16-10-2016, 01:26 PM
I watched the first few episodes of season 2 when it first came out then stopped as I was waiting until the whole season was done to continue but never got back round to it. Just picked it up again and forgot how many proper laughs it provides.

Adamski
16-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Is Daredevil worth a watch?

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Massively so.

Giggles
16-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Which UK channel airs B99? Anyone know when it's starting again?

John
16-10-2016, 06:47 PM
No idea which channel it's on, but they're four episodes in in the US so I'd imagine it'll be starting back soon here if it hasn't already. Speaking of Brooklyn Nine Nine, I found out the other day that Andre Braugher's great 'HOT DAMN' in the scene where they're trying to puzzle out why Santiago is late was a complete improvisation. Well done that man.

I enjoyed the first run of Daredevil but I haven't been even vaguely tempted to watch the second.

Baz
16-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Brooklyn 99 is on E4.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 06:50 PM
I'd say that the second season edges the first.

The fight scenes are so much better and Bernthal is a fantastic Punisher.

Giggles
16-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Brooklyn 99 is on E4.

I'll keep an eye out. I see the big bang theory is starting on E4 next week and they have around the same starting time in the US.

Boydy
17-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Anyone watching Westworld?

Was it leaked early last night or anything?

I can't imagine it would've been leaked online before HBO even showed it but some fucking bullshitting dickhead in my work claimed he was watching it at midnight. He asked me if I'd seen last night's today and I said no because it only aired in America last night so I'd have had to have been up stupidly late to see it and he said he was watching it at midnight.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-10-2016, 09:48 PM

I can't imagine it would've been leaked online before HBO even showed it but some fucking bullshitting dickhead in my work claimed he was watching it at midnight. He asked me if I'd seen last night's today and I said no because it only aired in America last night so I'd have had to have been up stupidly late to see it and he said he was watching it at midnight.

Could have been.

HBO shows do sometimes get released early on their online service. I know it happened with Game of Thrones a couple of times.

John
17-10-2016, 09:54 PM

Last week's was, I think erroneously, released on their online service on Saturday afternoon, and so ended up on every extant Torrent site a full day before it aired, so it's absolutely possible.

Boydy
17-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Last week's was, I think erroneously, released on their online service on Saturday afternoon, and so ended up on every extant Torrent site a full day before it aired, so it's absolutely possible.

Nah, they aired last week's early on the Friday because they didn't want to clash with the presidential debate on Sunday.

It's not just this either. He's been noticed by a few people talking shit about various things.

Dark Soldier
17-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Nah it didn't leak early this time round.

John
17-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Should have asked him for the specifics of what happened. It's always easy to catch a serial bullshitter out.

Bernanke
17-10-2016, 10:50 PM
Third episode bored me to tears save the last 10 minutes or so. It's just dull western interspersed with (faux-)philosophical talk that goes on for way too long.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
17-10-2016, 11:10 PM
BtN is still down so yet to get round to it.

Boydy
17-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Should have asked him for the specifics of what happened. It's always easy to catch a serial bullshitter out.

I asked him if it was any good and he said 'I don't want to say anything, I don't want to give you any spoliers.' To be honest, in case he had actually seen it, I didn't want to know any details.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2016, 09:47 PM
BTN is back up :drool:

Boydy
19-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Was talking to someone else in work about the bullshitter yesterday. He said he had claimed to have gone to a midnight screening of Suicide Squad when it first came out in a nearby town. The guy I was talking to checked at the time and there was no midnight screening. So, yeah, he's just a habitual liar.

Baz
20-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Just watched the episode of The X-Files with Bryan Cranston in.

Actually thought the movie was good too - just a longer episode with a bigger budget, really - so onto season six now. Still really liking it.

Alex
20-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Just watched the episode of The X-Files with Bryan Cranston in.

Actually thought the movie was good too - just a longer episode with a bigger budget, really - so onto season six now. Still really liking it.

The Bryan Cranston episode is really good. I haven't watched any in about six months but you've inspired me to pick it back up Baz. I'm just a little bit ahead of you. Same season but episode nine. Also, I thought the film was quite good too.

Fucking Scully waking up at the exact moment the alien shit disappears out of sight though, that was the most X-Files thing ever. :D

ItalAussie
20-10-2016, 10:59 PM
No idea which channel it's on, but they're four episodes in in the US so I'd imagine it'll be starting back soon here if it hasn't already. Speaking of Brooklyn Nine Nine, I found out the other day that Andre Braugher's great 'HOT DAMN' in the scene where they're trying to puzzle out why Santiago is late was a complete improvisation. Well done that man.

That was one of the scenes which sold me on the show completely. Get that man an Emmy, stat.

John Arne
21-10-2016, 07:14 AM
That was one of the scenes which sold me on the show completely. Get that man an Emmy, stat.

Have you seen the latest episode... "I will slit you both open from mouth to anus and wear you like jackets" seems a little out of place for the Captain :D, though delivered superbly.

Giggles
21-10-2016, 07:25 AM
He's by far the best thing about it.

John Arne
21-10-2016, 07:33 AM
He's by far the best thing about it.

Bingpot!

Magic
21-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Anyone watch Black Mirror? I think I remember Boyd frothing over it but if not it definitely seems like something he would adore. As it stands I'm loving US Office and brooklyn 99.

wullie
21-10-2016, 12:23 PM
I liked most of the series bar the Waldo one, looking forward to seeing the Netflix episodes.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Have you seen the latest episode... "I will slit you both open from mouth to anus and wear you like jackets" seems a little out of place for the Captain :D, though delivered superbly.
It was stunning.

Magic
21-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Is Sherlock really that good? Also we can add Peaky Blinders to the list of series I've not and never will finish. :(

igor_balis
21-10-2016, 07:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhxH6Lgsklg

pissed myself at the last line

Jimmy Floyd
23-10-2016, 05:18 PM
I haven't seen the last series yet. Worth bothering with? I have enjoyed it overall but my main concern is that Jackson is so much better than everyone else in it that I just find myself waiting for the next time he comes on screen.

Yevrah
23-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Closing in on the end of Season 2 of Better Call Saul.

The Mike stuff and Jimmy playing fast and loose with legal ethics stuff is really good, but the lawyer firm and Chuck stuff is boring the tits off me now.

John
23-10-2016, 06:27 PM
The stuff at the firm is tedious beyond belief.

The best episode they've done is still the Mike spotlight towards the end of the first season. Written by someone who'd never had a single thing produced and spent the entirety of Breaking Bad as Gilligan's assistant, by the way.

Baz
23-10-2016, 06:57 PM
I didn't realise I hated Chuck until the guy who plays him turned up in The X-Files and I absolutely despised him. You were supposed to dislike him anyway, but I couldn't stand him.

Spikey M
23-10-2016, 07:02 PM
I could't get intoBetter Call Saul which is a shame because Breaking Bad was probably my favourite series of all time. Should have give Jesse his own.

Yevrah
23-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Yep, that spotlight stuff was brilliant.

Agree entirely on the law firm stuff just being tedious crap and has had the second season meandering toward nowhere for about 4 episodes now. Every time I see that dribbling flange near a light or with his fucking stupid foil coat, I can't believe what Gilligan was thinking. I just couldn't give a shit.

As an aside though, I want to watch Breaking Bad again.

phonics
25-10-2016, 07:55 AM
I'm already on Season 4 of The Good Wife. I've absolutely rammed through it with 3-4 episodes a night. It's like popcorn.

igor_balis
25-10-2016, 10:31 AM
This Morning is on because idiot colleague got to staff room first this lunch, but Roger Moore and Bryan Cranston have been rather excellent guests. Probz not worth watching on catch up but still.

Spikey M
30-10-2016, 07:19 PM
The Missing really is absolutely outstanding TV.

Pepe
30-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Is that the French one? I'm two episodes in, promising so far. Beautiful cinematography.

Spikey M
30-10-2016, 07:51 PM
British. First series set in France, 2nd in Germany. It's about kidnapped kids. Is that what you're watching?

Pepe
30-10-2016, 08:05 PM
No, I was referring to something called Les Revenants.

Spikey M
30-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Ah, I watched that too. The first series was brilliant. The 2nd series lost me a few episodes in.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
30-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Ah, I watched that too. The first series was brilliant. The 2nd series lost me a few episodes in.

Do you have to watch the first before the second or are they totally separate stories?

Spikey M
30-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Of The Returned or The Missing?

The former, absolutely. The later, no, though it adds depth to a main character.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
30-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Sorry, quoted the wrong bit, I was referring to The Missing.

I thought the first series of The Returned was brilliant but I only watched the first episode of the second series and have yet to get back to it.

Spikey M
30-10-2016, 09:09 PM
You'll be fine with just the 2nd. The first was great though, so watch it too if you can.

That said, it's a mind fuck in nature so the first series could suddenly become relevant out of fucking no where.

Giggles
02-11-2016, 10:33 PM
That heist episode of B99 was the best one of the lot. Holt is fucking brilliant.

Boydy
06-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Started The Walking Dead a week or two ago. On season 2 now. That little lad's an annoying gimp.

Foe
06-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Started The Walking Dead a week or two ago. On season 2 now. That little lad's an annoying gimp.

There's some really great stuff early on. Episode 1 is probably my favourite pilot in a long time.

phonics
06-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Planet Earth is on tonight :drool:

Boydy
06-11-2016, 09:18 PM

Dale's dead now and it was that little cunt's fault. Wish he'd been killed by the bullet that came through the deer.

John
07-11-2016, 01:08 AM
Watched the first episode of something BTN recommended named 'Letterkenny', about a little farming town in Canada. It's absolutely bonkers, and quite good fun. It's like Napoleon Dynamite: The Series, but with considerably more swearing.

Giggles
08-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Masterchef the Professionals :drool:

When did it start back?

Adamski
08-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Tonight.

Mazuuurk
08-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Unless someones said so already: Rick and Morty season 3 should be out fairly soon.

Browning
08-11-2016, 09:25 PM
New series of 'Dave Gorman: Modern Life is Goodish' starting in half an hour. I'm fairly sure a few on here watched it before.

Giggles
08-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Tonight.

Happy days, I've missed nothing bar the first 15 minutes or so. On series record now.

The bint needs to put the hair dye down though.

Jimmy Floyd
08-11-2016, 10:00 PM

When did it start back?

It was quality, although eye-bleedingly obvious beardy baldy would be put through at the end.

The woman looked a potential winner.

Jimmy Floyd
08-11-2016, 10:23 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b080tp7b/the-code-series-2-episode-1#group=p02q32xl

Just noticed this on iPlayer, not tried the second series yet but the first was quality homespun stuff.

Magic
08-11-2016, 10:24 PM

When did it start back?

Shit yes. SHIT YES.

Yevrah
08-11-2016, 10:27 PM
New series of 'Dave Gorman: Modern Life is Goodish' starting in half an hour. I'm fairly sure a few on here watched it before.

I love it, but tonight's has had an ad break every 10 minutes so far. :nono:

Baz
09-11-2016, 07:07 AM
Dana Gordon was in the episode of The X-Files I watched last night. Most people would be perving on the hot CGI woman the episode was about, but Dana Gordon, man! :drool:

Boydy
13-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Can someone answer me a question on The Walking Dead. I've just watched episode 3 of season 4 and just realised:

Hershel is walking around without crutches now. But I don't remember seeing him getting a fake leg or anything built. Did I miss that or did they just not show it?

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Can someone answer me a question on The Walking Dead. I've just watched episode 3 of season 4 and just realised:

Hershel is walking around without crutches now. But I don't remember seeing him getting a fake leg or anything built. Did I miss that or did they just not show it?
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/11/17/the-walking-dead-scott-wilson-explains-how-hershel-got-his-leg-back/

Proper shit really.

phonics
19-11-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm up to season 6 now and Alan Cummings hair has changed colour 4 times in as many weeks.

The Merse
19-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Re- Walking Dead, am I the only one that's done a 360 and now finds Carl relatable and not shit?

I'm up to speed on Frequency (that was a bat out of hell to find on Netflix, of all the films being adapted to tv series I wouldn't have expected Frequency at all) and Westworld. The former is ok-ish, the latter is exceptional. Both have difficult pacing a plenty, but it works well with the particular narratives and I think we're all getting used to it. Looking forward to seeing how Westworld progresses. I've an idea of how Frequency will go but it's ok enough to justify following it down that path.

Boydy
19-11-2016, 09:30 PM
I hated Carl in the first season or two. Then I started to change and I really quite like him now. I'm just about to watch the final episode of season 4.

Foe
19-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Re- Walking Dead, am I the only one that's done a 360 and now finds Carl relatable and not shit?

I'm up to speed on Frequency (that was a bat out of hell to find on Netflix, of all the films being adapted to tv series I wouldn't have expected Frequency at all) and Westworld. The former is ok-ish, the latter is exceptional. Both have difficult pacing a plenty, but it works well with the particular narratives and I think we're all getting used to it. Looking forward to seeing how Westworld progresses. I've an idea of how Frequency will go but it's ok enough to justify following it down that path.

Frequency (the Jim Caviezel film) is one of my all time favourites. It's total shit, but brilliant at the same time.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Yeah, Carl gets better which is strange. I found that most characters got worse during the run.

John
24-11-2016, 01:08 AM
The joke at the end of the intro of the most recent Brooklyn Nine Nine is among the best they've ever done.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-11-2016, 01:14 AM
Was scrolling through Amazon Prime Video's library to find something to watch.

I couldn't say no to another run through when Parks and Rec popped up.

Bernanke
26-11-2016, 12:43 AM
John Lithgow as Churchill is an inspired choice.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
26-11-2016, 12:59 AM
Is The Crown worth a watch then? I hadn't even heard of it until I googled what you were talking about. Seems to have great reviews but doesn't really look like my cup of tea.

Bernanke
26-11-2016, 01:04 AM
It almost feels like a direct continuation of The Kings Speech in tone, you enjoy that? The girl playing Elisabeth talks just like Bonham-Carter does in the movie.

Magic
28-11-2016, 09:15 PM
Nearly finished SE03 of The Office and it is fucking golden.

If I could sum it up in smilie format:

:D

phonics
02-12-2016, 09:25 AM
After putting it off for a while, Atlanta is bloody brilliant. At 22 minutes a show it never has long enough for you to get bored and just enough to be left wanting more.

wullie
02-12-2016, 09:46 AM
Got an email from Netflix about a new show I might like

http://i.imgur.com/rlPIwa4.png

It looks like Aldi's version of Archer

Shindig
02-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Australian, no less. Aaaaahchair. In other news, BBC are starting online coverage of the BBL and WBBL tonight at 7:45pm.

Alex
04-12-2016, 11:58 PM
I started with The Good Wife a few weeks ago and have since watched copious amounts of it. I blame phonics. It is good though.

Reg
08-12-2016, 09:24 PM
I just finished season 2 of Narcos.

One of my favourite series I can remember watching. The last episode is one of the best pieces of television I can remember. I thought they did it perfectly. It was exciting, tense, and while Pablo was strolling freely around in Medellín comic and tense at the same time. I'd put that episode alongside episode 7 (this might be off) from season 1 when the excitement was at another peak.

I'm really glad it's going to continue. The writers and director(s) are obviously talented so hopefully it will be somewhere near as good without Pablo.
Will catch up with everyone else's thoughts.

Jeet
08-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Anyone catched the Invasion flash/arrow/supergirl/legends crossover episode?

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-12-2016, 10:11 PM
I did.

It was nice to see them all together but the whole storyline was a bit pointless and I didn't like that they cut away from the main story-lines in each for an episode. Although not really a problem for Legends as there is no proper story-line at all.

Limoutsonik
08-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Yeap,it wasn't as much as a spectacle as i had hoped but the LOT-focused episode saved the whole crossover.It surely would have been better if they were fighting the now known Legion of Doom with Reverse-Flash,Merlyn and Damien Darhk but they needed a sufficient reason to include Supergirl.Still,i give it a rating of 7,5 out of 10.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
10-12-2016, 12:10 PM
The Missing really is absolutely outstanding TV.

Well you wren't wrong. Powered through the first season just before the finishing the second season, on the off chance of any revelations. Both seasons excellent but I'd say the second was definitely better.

Julien Baptiste :cool:

Spikey M
10-12-2016, 07:28 PM
The first series was decent, the second (had I not watch Breaking Bad this year) is easily this years best TV.

Giggles
12-12-2016, 11:26 PM
https://youtu.be/FOXZgRTfSUA

Someone on the full site can imbed that if they want.

Max Power
12-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Rewatching Freaks and Geeks (it's on Netflix). Such a lovely programme and still probably the best thing Judd Apatow has been involved with.

John
13-12-2016, 05:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvHJtez2IlY

:drool:

Adamski
13-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Did anyone watch Rillington Place? BBC dramas aren't ordinarily my thing, but Tim Roth being in it piqued my interest.

Loved it.

Dark Soldier
13-12-2016, 11:20 PM
I loved it, bar episode 2 being a bit of a headfuck if you didn't know the case.

Roth was amazing.

Adamski
14-12-2016, 06:56 AM
Yeah I had a quick read through on wiki before I started it.

He was, played it to perfection.

Baz
14-12-2016, 07:23 AM
I've started watching Wayward Pines. Seems interesting after one episode.

Also watched episode one of The Wire. She wasn't a fan though so if I do continue with it, it'll be very slowly.

John Arne
14-12-2016, 08:00 AM
Last two episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine have been boring. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Giggles
14-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Last two episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine have been boring. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I liked last weeks. Haven't caught yesterdays one yet.

Mazuuurk
14-12-2016, 08:57 AM
I just finished season 2 of Narcos.

One of my favourite series I can remember watching. The last episode is one of the best pieces of television I can remember. I thought they did it perfectly. It was exciting, tense, and while Pablo was strolling freely around in Medellín comic and tense at the same time. I'd put that episode alongside episode 7 (this might be off) from season 1 when the excitement was at another peak.

I'm really glad it's going to continue. The writers and director(s) are obviously talented so hopefully it will be somewhere near as good without Pablo.
Will catch up with everyone else's thoughts.

I recently finished this as well.

It'll be a bit weird for next season, since I imagine they will not be able to keep up the 'historically correct' kind of flavour they had going on with Pablo Escobar wearing the right clothes, stuff seemingly happening as they were "supposed" to, etc.

Which also could be a bit refreshing. .

Also on finishing it I stumbled across two documentaries on Netflix: Narco Cultura and Cartel Land. Both are fucking grim, specially the former.

Giggles
14-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Two episodes into The Man in the High Castle. Hard to know what to make if it yet but enough there to make me watch more.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
14-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Two episodes into The Man in the High Castle. Hard to know what to make if it yet but enough there to make me watch more.

2 central characters are dull as can be, everything else besides them was very good though. 2 days until the second season starts.

Boydy
15-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Is anyone else finding Westworld fucking dull?

I watched most of it week to week and I'm now watching episode 9 and 10. 9 is almost over and if I wasn't so close to the end I'd probably just give up on it.

Bernanke
15-12-2016, 11:23 PM
I enjoyed it, but it's overhyped. It's a well-produced, well-acted show with an alright plot and some fairly long parts that feel unnecessary and outright boring.

John
15-12-2016, 11:33 PM
Ryan Philippe (remember when he was supposed to be a star?) is in a new thing about a special forces sniper trying to stop people murdering the president. His character's name is Bob Lee Swagger. That's a fucking rasslin' persona, not the protagonist of an apparently serious dramatic endeavour.

Dark Soldier
15-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Ryan Philippe (remember when he was supposed to be a star?) is in a new thing about a special forces sniper trying to stop people murdering the president. His character's name is Bob Lee Swagger. That's a fucking rasslin' persona, not the protagonist of an apparently serious dramatic endeavour.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0822854/?ref_=nv_sr_2

'tis the reason. Still fucking ridiculous.

Boydy
15-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Shooter?

I saw that advertised somewhere recently. Pretty sure it's based on the mediocre Mark Wahlberg film of the same name. They'll remake anything these days.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
15-12-2016, 11:54 PM
I can't believe I've waited 15 years to get round to Band of Brothers. Started on Monday and finished it already, a must watch.

phonics
16-12-2016, 09:39 AM
I'm watching The Missing. I'm really quite bored of James Nesbitt but Sayid from La Haine turning up makes it worth it.

P.S. Way too many of these french people speak English for it to be realistic.

Jimmy Floyd
16-12-2016, 09:58 AM
I see him pop up now and then in things and each time he looks more like a middle aged man, which is to be expected I suppose, but still rather depressing. He'll always be Sayid to me.

phonics
16-12-2016, 10:43 AM
This spurred me on to see what Hubert was up to. Nothing but French tele for the last decade, how depressing.

ItalAussie
17-12-2016, 03:02 AM
Christmas episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine was one of the show's weakest episodes ever.

That it still got five or six solid out-loud laughs is testament to the high standards of the show, but this whole season has felt a little goofy and meandering so far. Still, it's not like I'm going to stop watching, so we'll see if they can swing upwards.

John
17-12-2016, 03:14 AM
I haven't seen the last two episodes, but I'm confident in saying the biggest problem this year has been that they're leaning on 'goofy Holt' as a bit of a crutch. That works on occasion because Braugher sells it so well and the character is so well established that things like him uncontrollably giggling at the taste of marshmallow or bawling 'HOT DAMN' are made to seem just on the extreme edge of his behaviour, but they're close to the point where each visit to that well deconstructs the character a bit more. It's not character development, it's just taking an established facet of the characters personality and allowing it to undermine everything else.

ItalAussie
17-12-2016, 05:20 AM
I completely agree. I prefer Holt as a deadpan straight-man who lets the facade slip occasionally. He's just so good at doing it that they're making it more frequent, so it's not a shock anymore.

Giggles
17-12-2016, 07:35 AM
I really was dire. Don't think there has been a worse one.

Magic
20-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Downloading the 4th season of The Wire.

Also is Westworld any good?

Mazuuurk
20-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Oooh The Wire, might rewatch that. Never ended up watching more than 2-3 episodes into season 4.

Adamski
20-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Downloading the 4th season of The Wire.

Also is Westworld any good?

Downloading :harold:

Magic
20-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Can't see past it tbh.

Disco
20-12-2016, 02:02 PM
I have Amazon Prime and still downloaded Vikings, what's the problem?

Adamski
20-12-2016, 02:27 PM
Why when you can just stream?

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Piracy streams are still a load of wank. If you don't have Prime/Netflix I'd rather yarr than stream.

phonics
20-12-2016, 04:03 PM
My mate wondered why his computer was slow and full of spyware. He said, "Don't know how it gets on there, I never look at porn on it". He then proceeded to attempt to stream a TV show that involved closing about 1400 pop-ups...

Adamski
20-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Piracy streams are still a load of wank. If you don't have Prime/Netflix I'd rather yarr than stream.

Exodus is perfect 1080 every single time. You can also download from there for offline, saves the faffing with ratios and shite like that. Far better.

Adamski
20-12-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm not talking about browser streaming. Exodus through Kodi has none of that and is perfect.

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 04:42 PM
I did that, clicked on The Grand Tour they day after it came out. Stream said HD, looked like I was viewing it through dish water. Besides, I've no worries about ratio so would rather grab a guaranteed copy.

Disco
20-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Why when you can just stream?

Because standalone media players are more stable than a browser and don't use any bandwidth.

Adamski
20-12-2016, 04:59 PM
It's not through a browser. It's an app through a standalone media player.

It's not really streaming either through Exodus, it's all cached so very rarely buffers. Uses the same bandwidth as downloading it. Especially when you can do that too.

Finding a good stream on Exodus is no different to selecting a good torrent, except you can change stream within 5 seconds rather than waiting for it to download, watching it to check quality, finding another, downloading again etc etc.

Each to their own but I can't see how anyone would prefer it nowadays.

Disco
20-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Yeah but the bandwidth is still used while you're watching it rather than last night while I was asleep. I'm not talking about Exodus because I have no idea what that is (and I'm not really interested).

Giggles
20-12-2016, 05:33 PM
I've only ever had one issue with Exodus through Kodi and it was never the quality. It never misses on that front for me.

Boydy
20-12-2016, 05:37 PM
I've started using Showbox on my phone along with BubbleUpnp to send it to my TV. It's pretty good.

For something I really want to be sure of good quality with I tend to download rather than stream though.

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 05:55 PM
waiting for it to download, watching it to check quality, finding another, downloading again etc etc.

People do this? Its not hard to know which encode is fine, then its a matter of a short download during the day and I watch at night. Compared a 1080 The Force Awakens stream to my 14gig encode the other week, its like night and day.

Snobbery :drool:

Adamski
20-12-2016, 05:56 PM
It's the same with streaming barring the short download.

I don't agree on quality but fair enough if that's your experience. You're definitely in the minority of people I've spoken to.

Giggles
20-12-2016, 05:57 PM
I just want to sit down and pick stuff with my remote control. Kodi does this.

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Streaming.

http://i.imgur.com/3F5LBQG.gif

Adamski
20-12-2016, 06:03 PM
You're not really understanding the argument I'm making. If you don't think the streaming quality on Exodus is up to speed then fair enough.

I've played 1080 and Blu Ray through it on a 4K TV for well over a year and it's been spot on.

I was a member of a private torrent site for almost 10 years and I can't notice a discernible difference in quality whatsoever.

As Giggles said, there's an undoubted delay time in waiting a torrent to download and even plugging a laptop into a TV like you're a 12 year old watching porn.

Click a stream, play on your TV. Done.

Giggles
20-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Streaming.

http://i.imgur.com/3F5LBQG.gif

Having to do anything involving dragging out a laptop or external hard drives or Plex or home networks. No thanks.

Travelling somewhere? Then there's benefits, but you're watching it on a smaller screen then anyway.

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 06:04 PM
I do get the discussion man, I've used Kodi multiple times. I'm just being a dick. Watch media however ya want, nae worries.

The primariy reason I go torrents is I like to have a library, and I like obscure, rare films. Finding an ultra rare copy of Angst from 1983, the extended version in full 1080p is a pain, whereas I now have the file in my collection for any moment.

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 06:06 PM
I even put up bounty for that exact encode. Its the only encode of it that exists. The extended version is impossible to even buy.

John
20-12-2016, 06:08 PM
My internet is far too volatile and slow for streaming at the moment, I occasionally get bandwidth balls ups trying to watch things on fucking iPlayer. They were out laying the groundwork for fibreoptic a few weeks ago though so I might try streaming once that's switched on.

DS has hit on the reason I think I'll always prefer torrents for most things though. I've recommended things to mates with Kodi boxes and whatever else and they've been unable to find a stream, any stream, or one with the proper subtitles, because there isn't enough of a market for microbudget nineties Japanese horror films for anyone to bother hosting a stream in decent quality.

Giggles
20-12-2016, 06:08 PM
I do get the discussion man, I've used Kodi multiple times. I'm just being a dick. Watch media however ya want, nae worries.

The primariy reason I go torrents is I like to have a library, and I like obscure, rare films. Finding an ultra rare copy of Angst from 1983, the extended version in full 1080p is a pain, whereas I now have the file in my collection for any moment.

That makes sense too. I very rarely watch a film so I never build collections but I can see the attraction in building one up if you do.

Adamski
20-12-2016, 06:09 PM

Yeah I can agree with that although I can't think of a film I've not found on Exodus. I don't tend to go that obscure though!

I've got quite a lot of films downloaded off of it now onto my hard drive as well, for if I'm going away and don't have enough space on my tablet.

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 06:17 PM
Heh yeah Angst was just a bit of an example. Greatest horror film ever made, it'd be fairly easy to find the original cut at one hour nineteen minutes via streaming, but the US had a small print run of the ultra rare extended copy so getting hold of that is a ballache in the best quality. There's literally only two HD encodes of it in existence.

Manc
20-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Thoughts on Vinyl?

Giggles
20-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Thoughts on Vinyl?

Not much good TV was ever released on it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2016, 07:05 PM
I've set up an RSS feed for my TV shows, they get automatically downloaded whilst I'm asleep and then my Plex library automatically updates as soon as they're downloaded.

I can then watch on my TV via Amazon fire, tablet or laptop.

With films I just manually pick and choose although I've also got Netflix just in case something takes my fancy.

I'm an active collector (as evidenced by my 500 odd DVD's/Blu-rays) so I love having loads of media on external hard drives.

Manc
20-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Giggles is back. :drool:

Adamski
20-12-2016, 07:24 PM
I've set up an RSS feed for my TV shows, they get automatically downloaded whilst I'm asleep and then my Plex library automatically updates as soon as they're downloaded.

I can then watch on my TV via Amazon fire, tablet or laptop.

With films I just manually pick and choose although I've also got Netflix just in case something takes my fancy.

I'm an active collector (as evidenced by my 500 odd DVD's/Blu-rays) so I love having loads of media on external hard drives.

TV shows part sounds great but for me that's a hell of a lot of up front faff to get it into a position that's Exodus' starting point.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2016, 07:28 PM
TV shows part sounds great but for me that's a hell of a lot of up front faff to get it into a position that's Exodus' starting point.

It took me about 5 minutes.

It's seriously easy to set up an RSS feed, especially on a torrent site like BTN.

I can select the file type, quality, codec, resolution, origin etc.

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Dem exclusive encodes :drool:

Boydy
20-12-2016, 07:29 PM
I hate how Exodus got rid of the 'My TV Shows' (or was it favourites? Something like that anyway) section that Genesis had. It has something similar now but you have to sign up for a Trakt account or some shit.

Adamski
20-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Yeah that is a bit annoying. I loved that.

Giggles
20-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Yeah it would really be handy. I've a tiny Bluetooth keyboard linked with the Shield though so searching is handy.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Oh and I found some exclusive content on BTN.

Raw unedited footage of the Arrested Development episode 'Bringing up Buster'.

Try finding something like that on Exodus.

Giggles
20-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Oh and I found some exclusive content on BTN.

Raw unedited footage of the Arrested Development episode 'Bringing up Buster'.

Try finding something like that on Exodus.

I can safely say I'll never even look.

Adamski
20-12-2016, 07:37 PM
You won't but that was never my point. If you watch that 24 hours a day then fair enough it's not for you. It has a massive massive library though.

It doesn't take 5 minutes to download Plex, set up a Plex server, link it to your hard drive, download all the metadata and sync your library to it before you even start with the RSS feed. Like I said, I used it for years and in my opinion what I have now is vastly better.

I can also take my firestick anywhere in the world in my pocket and as long as a tv has an HDMI port I can stream anything I want.

Magic
20-12-2016, 07:39 PM
I don't often agree with DS but DS. :drool:

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 07:40 PM
You won't but that was never my point. If you watch that 24 hours a day then fair enough it's not for you. It has a massive massive library though.

It doesn't take 5 minutes to download Plex, set up a Plex server, link it to your hard drive, download all the metadata and sync your library to it before you even start with the RSS feed. Like I said, I used it for years and in my opinion what I have now is vastly better.

I can also take my firestick anywhere in the world in my pocket and as long as a tv has an HDMI port I can stream anything I want.

And via torrents I've a potential library of 137,000 movies to download at any point I wish. So much rare shit its untrue :drool:

Boydy
20-12-2016, 07:41 PM
We're all pretty happy pirates.

Dark Soldier
20-12-2016, 07:42 PM
We're all pretty happy pirates.

'tis a good time to be alive.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2016, 07:49 PM

Didn't take a whole lot longer tbh.

I also have it setup to automatically sync whenever anything is added/removed from my main drives.

Baz
21-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Four episodes into Wayward Pines and it's still interesting. Having the main character as a complete prick is an interesting approach.