PDA

View Full Version : Do we live in a golden age of television?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

igor_balis
05-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Yeah the Sopranos never delved into "but I don't care about any of these cunts" for me, because of how funny it is. I actually read recently that David Chase originally intended it to be more of a straight comedy-drama rather than a drama with funny bits in. Plenty of likeable secondary characters too I thought.

Breaking Bad had more issues with unlikable characters IMO. Except Mike. The higher proportion of Mike in BCS is probably a big part of why I love it so much. I think, on balance, I prefer it to BB actually. Willing to accept that's insane though.

Disco
05-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Breaking Bad suffered from their sympathetic characters (his wife is the prime example) being annoying as hell.

Lewis
05-09-2018, 05:35 PM
The Sopranos is the most re-watchable show I've ever seen. It's brilliant - I've watched it through 5 or 6 times in total, and I only saw it for the first time a few years ago. The dialogue is brilliant, and it's hilarious at times.

FUCKIN' QUEERS *throws chair*

Paulie Walnuts is the best one in it, and up there with Niles Crane as best secondary characters.

'Word to the wise. Remember Pearl Harbor.'

John
05-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Paulie Walnuts is the best one in it, and up there with Niles Crane as best secondary characters.

'Word to the wise. Remember Pearl Harbor.'

At least half of the reason he was so good is that the actor actually was a mobster for years before going into acting.

SvN
05-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Junior in the middle seasons is the best for me. Tony has plenty of great lines too - but he never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Alex
05-09-2018, 06:19 PM
The Sopranos is the most re-watchable show I've ever seen. It's brilliant - I've watched it through 5 or 6 times in total, and I only saw it for the first time a few years ago. The dialogue is brilliant, and it's hilarious at times.

FUCKIN' QUEERS *throws chair*

:D

Excellent choice of reference.

Lewis
05-09-2018, 06:28 PM
At least half of the reason he was so good is that the actor actually was a mobster for years before going into acting.

Yeah, the fact he hasn't done anything else made me think he was just playing himself. At the same time, Silvio Dante gurning his way through every scene (no acting experience, really?!) had me hoping he died early doors.

mikem
05-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Isn’t Silvio just in it because he is in Bruce Springsteen’s band and it is set in New Jersey?

John
05-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Chortle have a load of interviews about the new series of Taskmaster up. In James Acaster's he mentions that Rhod Gilbert and Greg Davies' friendship was fairly prominent, which I hope is a huge overstatement, because the moments in the first series where he made mention of his friendship with Roisin Connaty were just annoying.

Rhod's entry for the very first prize task is a childhood picture of Greg Davies, accompanied by an embarrassing story. Not a great start.

randomlegend
05-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Trust you to be angered by friendship.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-09-2018, 09:40 PM
The picture had nothing to do with their friendship.

The picture and story was part of Greg's latest stand-up...

You've embarrassed yourself here, mate.

John
05-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Trust you to be angered by friendship.

Trust you to miss the point and be a tit about it.

The rest of the episode was good, although Jessica Knappett is looking promising as a rival to Aisling Bea as the worst individual contestant ever.

randomlegend
05-09-2018, 10:23 PM
You're such a bellend :D

phonics
08-09-2018, 02:55 PM
I've started watching Person of Interest again.

Zoe Morgan :drool: How is that woman in her 50s?

John
08-09-2018, 03:30 PM
I always mix her up with Dina Meyer.

Yevrah
08-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Is Person of Interest really good?

And is it self contained each episode or a story arc?

Boydy
08-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Is Person of Interest really good?

And is it self contained each episode or a story arc?

I loved it.

It does a bit of both. The first season is more self contained episodes with a little story arc and then the story arc becomes bigger as the seasons go on.

Yevrah
08-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Cheers Boyd.

Is there an ending or was it canned early?

Alex
08-09-2018, 03:51 PM
There's a proper ending.

Baz
08-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Can anyone think of a character in a tv show that looks like Slavan Bilic?

phonics
08-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Cheers Boyd.

Is there an ending or was it canned early?

It ends as deftly as any show of it's type can. That an Justified are my two examples of shows that ended on highs.

phonics
09-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Is there new Bake Off on at the moment or am I just being trolled? I can't find it anywhere on torrents.

Yevrah
09-09-2018, 04:56 PM
There is.

Giggles
09-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Is there new Bake Off on at the moment or am I just being trolled? I can't find it anywhere on torrents.

It's about 3 weeks in. Never worth watching til it gets to 5 or 6 anyway.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Bullshit.

Manon and Ruby btw :wub:

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-09-2018, 07:07 PM
I'm liking the second season of Iron Fist more than the first but it's still the weakest show (bar Defenders) in the Marvel collection. Finn Jones is still a problem but the action scenes have massively improved.

Reg
11-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Anyone tried Amazon's thing 'Jack Ryan'? It's based off Tom Clancy characters. I'm just a couple episodes in but it's good so far. It seems John Krasinski can do drama as well, I like him a lot.

Yevrah
17-09-2018, 07:42 PM
I've been watching This Life again, which for those who don't know is the mid-90s show about a group of twenty-something lawyers that spawned the careers of Andrew Lincoln and Jack Davenport (amongst others).

It's held up quite well, which may be influence by rose tinted spectacles, but it is interesting watching it again as an actual adult - Andrew Lincoln's character just comes across as a total waster, whereas I was sympathetic to him as a youngster.

Alex
20-09-2018, 10:56 PM
I'm liking the second season of Iron Fist more than the first but it's still the weakest show (bar Defenders) in the Marvel collection. Finn Jones is still a problem but the action scenes have massively improved.

I'm quite liking it too. I'm up to episode seven and my main thought so far is:

Can we just have an entire season of Davos as the Iron Fist? That guy knows how to get shit done. He must have killed about a hundred criminals since he got hold of it. :D

Dark Soldier
21-09-2018, 10:52 PM
I don't watch much TV stuff these days but Maniac is absolutely fantastic.

Baz
21-09-2018, 10:57 PM
Jonah Hill and Emma Stone, according to the billboard I drive past everyday. I can’t imagine it being anything other than great, and I’m not being sarcastic.

Dark Soldier
21-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Both put in great performances. There's a scene in episode 3 that has me imagining Mahow if we were 30 years into the future.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-09-2018, 11:23 PM
I'm guessing it's bad :moop:

Boydy
21-09-2018, 11:40 PM
The trailer looked class. Can't wait to get stuck into it.

Giggles
22-09-2018, 06:43 AM
Jonah Hill and Emma Stone, according to the billboard I drive past everyday. I can’t imagine it being anything other than great, and I’m not being sarcastic.

What? :D

Shindig
22-09-2018, 06:50 AM

And Louis Theroux which I just can't imagine.

Alex
22-09-2018, 05:59 PM
And Louis Theroux which I just can't imagine.

Justin Theroux. :D

They actually related though, weirdly. Cousins I beleive.

John
22-09-2018, 06:01 PM
I was well up for a mad, self referential interlude where Louis Theroux makes a documentary about the experiment.

Clunge
22-09-2018, 06:40 PM
No Offence is back and it's still great.

Bob Sacamano
22-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Is it coming back soon?

I'm not really sure it will be the same without him, either.

Pretty certain it's back Nov/Dec

It's one of my favourite shows probably ever but the amount of unessecary deaths is so fustrating, the Conte one still annoys me, he was a great character, there's several that didn't need to die and could have added so much more. I don't doubt they still make a great 4th season though.

I don't think TV death has been as satisfying as Don Pietro's was for me.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-09-2018, 01:30 AM
Just finished American Vandal season 2. I didn't think that the 'crime' was as good as the first season but I felt that the characters came across better. The ending and how it all unravelled was also more entertaining and I just felt it was more complete.

Shindig
25-09-2018, 05:34 AM
Justin Theroux. :D

They actually related though, weirdly. Cousins I beleive.

They looked identical in the promo screenshots I'd seen. :D

phonics
25-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Up to the introduction of Shaw in Person of Interest. So fit.

phonics
01-10-2018, 12:53 PM
I see it's been announced that Scandal will not be returning. Praise the lord. What a thoroughly stupid show. Summed up quite well by this review I must say: "It comes to something when the only moral person in the entire thing was a torture addicted government hitman with a dubious love of drills and a severe disinterest in personal hygiene."

John
03-10-2018, 09:03 PM
I'll never understand people celebrating the end of things they're not watching anyway. Are you eager to see Kerry Washington take on some weightier material or something?

Anyway, I came here to say Gina is leaving Brooklyn Nine Nine towards the beginning of the upcoming season. Genuinely excellent news. She's been a one note annoyance for about four years now.

Giggles
03-10-2018, 09:13 PM
I'll never understand people celebrating the end of things they're not watching anyway. Are you eager to see Kerry Washington take on some weightier material or something?

Anyway, I came here to say Gina is leaving Brooklyn Nine Nine towards the beginning of the upcoming season. Genuinely excellent news. She's been a one note annoyance for about four years now.

Delighted to hear that. Was about the only way they could have improved it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2018, 09:18 PM
I think she works in small doses, but even then doesn't actually add much.

Easily the weakest character.

Jimmy Floyd
03-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Enjoying 'Mystery Road', a six part Australian crime drama on the iplayer which I think was initially a film. I love Australian drama, maybe the setting adds something to it but they're really well made.

John
03-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Have you seen Secret City, Floyd?

Jimmy Floyd
03-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Nope but looks decent.

Alex
05-10-2018, 10:20 PM
The Man in the High Castle is back. It's been that long since season two finished that I've forgotten what was going on. I seem to remember thinking the end of season two would have been a fitting end for the entire thing at the time, too

I'll stick with it for a while though, I suppose. On the off chance Obergruppenfuhrer John Smith takes over the entire regime or something.

Bernanke
06-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Season 2 was so much better than season 1 that I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give this one a chance too, but I'm the same, I can't remember shit.

Giggles
06-10-2018, 02:47 PM
I re-watched the last few episodes of series 2 a few weeks ago but there's a decent recap thing at the start of the first episode of 3 anyway.

Watched 4 so far and it's very good, but I might go back to watching weekly now as I'd rather watch shows that way and I watch fuck all else at the moment.

Disco
06-10-2018, 02:58 PM
I always found the setting more interesting than the annoying main characters. The worst thing they could do is try to forge ahead with the weird time travel/alternate universe angle because at some point they're going to have to try and explain it and it will inevitably be terrible.

Boydy
06-10-2018, 03:33 PM
I can't remember what was going on in the last season either. I do remember enjoying it though.

Giggles
06-10-2018, 03:40 PM
I can't remember what was going on in the last season either. I do remember enjoying it though.

The main things focused on in the start of series 3 are Juliana meeting the "traveller" version of her sister and the aftermath of the Smith's sons death.

Reg
06-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Has anyone been watching Better Call Saul this season?

wullie
06-10-2018, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I think all the German lads are ending up in the concrete of the lab now after the main guy's runner.

Limoutsonik
07-10-2018, 12:44 AM

Awesome season so far and thank fuck for no Chuck. #FuckChuck

Alan Shearer The 2nd
08-10-2018, 05:49 PM
I always found the setting more interesting than the annoying main characters. The worst thing they could do is try to forge ahead with the weird time travel/alternate universe angle because at some point they're going to have to try and explain it and it will inevitably be terrible.

John Smith and the Japanese lads are what makes it, the 2 lead characters can get in the sea.

Jimmy Floyd
08-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Is my man Kido still about? If so I'll give it a go, but I thought they had absolutely nowhere to go after last series.

Alex
08-10-2018, 05:52 PM
John Smith and the Japanese lads are what makes it, the 2 lead characters can get in the sea.

Agreed. John Smith basically is the lead now anyway, as far as I'm concerned.

Giggles
08-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Is my man Kido still about? If so I'll give it a go, but I thought they had absolutely nowhere to go after last series.

He's in it loads. Comfortably the best series yet so far (3 to go).

The Merse
08-10-2018, 09:49 PM
For those starting High Castle season 3, I’d recommend this recap and explanation of how season 2s threads converged on each other at the end, as annoying as the narrator might be:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gG2w0bAG3HM#fauxfullscreen

John
09-10-2018, 09:12 PM
I've just started watching Mr Inbetween, an Australian thing about a debt collector. It's started fairly well, but I've been thrown massively by the fact that the girl he meets in the first episode isn't Lauren Cohan from Walking Dead. They could not look more alike.

igor_balis
11-10-2018, 10:23 PM

Yes, I absolutely love the show. For my own personal taste, it now goes Wire, Sopranos, BCS for my fave tv dramas. Breaking Bad probably beaten to the final Champions League spot by Six Feet Under, to be a big contrary dickhead.

The Merse
12-10-2018, 12:22 AM
Better Call Saul is very much the superior show when compared to Breaking Bad. The character development is so far ahead it’s amazing it’s come from the same writing team.

SvN
12-10-2018, 08:22 AM
I love it, but I don't think it's as good as Breaking Bad yet.

I thought this season was very good, and the finale was excellent. Spoiler just in case.

Everyone has been speculating what trauma it would take for Jimmy to "become" Saul and it turned out... it was nothing. All it took was a spin around and a sleazy look, and BAM - he's Saul from Breaking Bad. It's actually remarkable how different he looked in that few seconds. I guess it's partly because we know him as Saul from Breaking Bad, so we recognised it.

I did feel sorry for Kim.

wullie
12-10-2018, 09:13 AM
I think that scene covers the speculation about what gets Kim out of the picture by the time BB starts too. I've seen predictions of death or being sent to prison but I think she'll just want nothing more to do with him and snap out of it back into dull banking law.

Felt so sorry for Werner, knew it was coming but I wish it wasn't.

Max Power
12-10-2018, 09:13 AM
The Mike and Werner scene near the end was stunningly good.

Dark Soldier
12-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Breaking Bad beats BCS for me, not that they need to be compared. The arc of Walter appeals to me more than Saul. Both fucking amazing though.

Kikó
12-10-2018, 09:47 AM
I'm going to have to get back into BCS once I'm done with Mad Men.

igor_balis
12-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Breaking Bad beats BCS for me, not that they need to be compared. The arc of Walter appeals to me more than Saul. Both fucking amazing though.

I do think that's a huge part of what it boils down to. By about season 3 of BB I just didn't give the slightest fuck about anyone, except Mike and Jesse (ish). I enjoyed it despite not caring about the characters, whereas I'm proper invested in BCS's gang, hence (probably) why I enjoy it more.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
12-10-2018, 04:15 PM
It's fantastic, I'd not have it quite as good as BB but then I consider that the best drama I've seen.

More of Mike is the best thing about it. The episode 'Five-O' from season one remains my favourite.

On Jimmy- I wasn't expecting any trauma as such to make him become Saul given he's always been the slippery type, was there a lot of speculation around that?

Dark Soldier
12-10-2018, 04:55 PM
I do think that's a huge part of what it boils down to. By about season 3 of BB I just didn't give the slightest fuck about anyone, except Mike and Jesse (ish). I enjoyed it despite not caring about the characters, whereas I'm proper invested in BCS's gang, hence (probably) why I enjoy it more.

Thing keeping it down a peg for me is I know the outcome for half the characters so it lacks tension

Spikey M
12-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Better Call Saul is very much the superior show when compared to Breaking Bad. The character development is so far ahead it’s amazing it’s come from the same writing team.

Fuck right off.

igor_balis
12-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Thing keeping it down a peg for me is I know the outcome for half the characters so it lacks tension

Usually that would be an issue for me, but BCS has changed me brother. All about the journey not the destination xo

Giggles
12-10-2018, 10:55 PM
Really looking forward to series 4 of White Castle after finishing 3.

Baz
12-10-2018, 11:30 PM
Apparently Chris O’Dowd was hilarious on The Last leg tonight. Can anyone confirm?

It was series 15 episode 1 according to Sky but All4 only goes upto season 1 episode 9. :cab:

Giggles
12-10-2018, 11:37 PM
First time for everything I suppose.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Netflix has cancelled Iron Fist :(

The second season was vastly improved and the cliffhanger had me really excited for a third season.

Ian
14-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Netflix has cancelled Iron Fist :(

The second season was vastly improved and the cliffhanger had me really excited for a third season.

I'm just going through the slightly pedestrian Luke Cage 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Fist turns up as a secondary character, do you think it's still worth my watching Iron Fist 2 if they're not continuing it? I've basically been spurred on by the imminent return of Daredevil.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-10-2018, 11:50 AM
I'm just going through the slightly pedestrian Luke Cage 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Fist turns up as a secondary character, do you think it's still worth my watching Iron Fist 2 if they're not continuing it? I've basically been spurred on by the imminent return of Daredevil.

I think it's definitely watchable, not up to par with Daredevil and Jessica Jones though obviously.

There are rumours that Iron Fist will still turn up in other shows or move to Disney's streaming platform. So it's not completely dead.

Ian
14-10-2018, 12:06 PM
I not long finished Jessica Jones 2 and it was decent but not a patch on the first series. Ritter's still really good but it wasn't as compelling. Probably for a lack of villain as compelling as Kilgrave.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-10-2018, 12:11 PM
I not long finished Jessica Jones 2 and it was decent but not a patch on the first series. Ritter's still really good but it wasn't as compelling. Probably for a lack of villain as compelling as Kilgrave.

Yeah, exactly my problem with it. Kilgrave was absolutely brilliant in the first season.

I've seen who the villains are in Daredevil 3 so I'm really excited for it.

Ian
14-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Yeah, the villains and the original storyline it's based on give it a lot of promise. The second season was a mixed bag but it's probably still the third best Marvel series they've done. And the second or third episode that starts on the rooftop with the Punisher might be the best Marvel episode they've done.

Spikey M
14-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Superheroes (and anything based around them) are shit. All of them.

Ian
14-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Oh, in that case then I won't watch any more.

Giggles
14-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Oh, in that case then I won't watch any more.

See that you don't.

Spikey M
14-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Good lads.

Ian
14-10-2018, 02:52 PM
I was actually only asking for a friend anyway.

Stupid nerd.

Kikó
14-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Anyone watched "power"? My uncle was raving about it.

Mike
14-10-2018, 03:13 PM
I watched it. It's good, not amazing. Well worth a watch though.

phonics
14-10-2018, 03:18 PM
That's the black record label show right? Looked like Footballers Wives with a budget.

John
14-10-2018, 03:33 PM
That's the black record label show right? Looked like Footballers Wives with a budget.

Nope.

Raoul Duke
14-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Iron Fist season two is pretty good so far (just watching it now). The annoying thing is that everyone tries to fight these eejits with fists rather than just shooting the shit out of them.

Kikó
14-10-2018, 07:00 PM

NY drug gangs.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Iron Fist season two is pretty good so far (just watching it now). The annoying thing is that everyone tries to fight these eejits with fists rather than just shooting the shit out of them.

Guns are bad.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-10-2018, 02:59 PM
Apparently Chris O’Dowd was hilarious on The Last leg tonight. Can anyone confirm?

It was series 15 episode 1 according to Sky but All4 only goes upto season 1 episode 9. :cab:
I just watched it and he was completely pissed.

Spikey M
16-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Rahul is fucked here.

And we had tears from the Weaboo after the most weabish creation in Bakerdom.

Scenes.

Spikey M
16-10-2018, 08:11 PM
What? Cunts.

Baz
16-10-2018, 08:21 PM
I just watched it and he was completely pissed.
Worth watching?

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2018, 08:28 PM
Worth watching?

If you like the actual show, yes.

If you don't there are loads of clips on Youtube to just get his shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2018, 10:03 PM
Noooooooooooo, NO, NOOO.

How could they dump Manon :(

I will burn their tent to the ground.

SvN
17-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Rahul was saved yesterday because of his previous weeks. There's absolutely no way he should've stayed, he was the worst one in every task. You could see it coming too, the way they focused on the flavours of his chocolates instead of the baking of the pastry.

niko_cee
17-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Deserved though. Bit of a shame Camp Dan didn't get similar clemency the other week. Manon has been bottom of the barrel most weeks (and is a haughty french tart) but this series seems to be marked by the shit ones managing to be not quite shit enough most weeks when it looks like they'll be at risk. Hopefully Briony keeps powering on (having been useless for pretty much the whole first half of the series).

wullie
17-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Manon making the complete wrong bread or whatever it was must have sealed her doom, Rahul did complete shit but it was at least shit they were asking for. Ruby's too attractive not to win this.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-10-2018, 12:47 PM
He was saved purely because of what he's done in the past.

Around this stage they always factor in past bakes.

John
17-10-2018, 01:25 PM
The Roseanne spinoff has launched by killing off Roseanne with an opium overdose. :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2018, 11:36 AM
Luke Cage has been cancelled now too :(

Ian
20-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Is that because it's actually pretty boring once you get past the swish soundtracks?

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2018, 12:54 PM
I really like Mike Colter, I think he's grand and there are moments of good quality in there.

I think they fucked up moving away from Cottonmouth as the villain though.

Ian
20-10-2018, 01:05 PM
Colter is fine but they struggle to think of interesting ways to make him vulnerable and the fight scenes are generally a bit crap. Some good acting, solid music and the whole look of the thing is spot on but... meh.

I'll finish season 2 but I might swerve Iron Fist 2 and just get stuck into Daredevil.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Speaking of Daredevil, I only have 3 episodes left to go in season 3. Not quite as good as season 1 but I'm liking it more than the second. I had heard that the reviews were mixed but I can't see why other than perhaps a slightly slowish start. The fight scenes are even better at times and some episodes/moments in the run are genuinely great.

I love that they've really dived deep into showing how manipulative and cunning Kingpin really is, I feel that they've absolutely nailed him. I also really liked the way that they led you to believe that he had only turned Dex before finding out with Nadeem that pretty much the whole of the FBI is in Fisk's pocket.

Alex
20-10-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm not surprised they cancelled Iron Fist, although I do think it's a shame. The second season was a big improvement and the ending was a good set up for future stories with him. I think the main issue with it was Danny Rand was nearly always the least interesting character on screen, in his own show. No disrespect to Finn Jones, like. I think he did what he could with it, and he was kind of doomed from the beginning because of all that ridiculous "they shouldn't have cast a white bloke" backlash he got on the internet.

I'm more surprised they've binned off Luke Cage though. The second season wasn't as good as the first, and I agree with what Mahow said about it struggling for a good villain since they killed Cottonmouth off. But it had a great cast and a very strong aesthetic. The music, the look, the feel, it definitely felt like a whole package that some thought had gone into. And, again, the ending of season two set up some good stories to come.

I wonder what the chances of them rolling the two together into some sort of Heroes for Hire series would be? You've got to imagine it's been at least explored. Their scenes together were a highlight of both The Defenders and Luke Cage season two, in my opinion. They could even roll it in with Colleen and Misty and the Daughters of the Dragon stuff.

Spikey M
20-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Can we have a dedicated super hero thread that isn’t this one?

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2018, 05:54 PM
I'm not surprised they cancelled Iron Fist, although I do think it's a shame. The second season was a big improvement and the ending was a good set up for future stories with him. I think the main issue with it was Danny Rand was nearly always the least interesting character on screen, in his own show. No disrespect to Finn Jones, like. I think he did what he could with it, and he was kind of doomed from the beginning because of all that ridiculous "they shouldn't have cast a white bloke" backlash he got on the internet.

I'm more surprised they've binned off Luke Cage though. The second season wasn't as good as the first, and I agree with what Mahow said about it struggling for a good villain since they killed Cottonmouth off. But it had a great cast and a very strong aesthetic. The music, the look, the feel, it definitely felt like a whole package that some thought had gone into. And, again, the ending of season two set up some good stories to come.

I wonder what the chances of them rolling the two together into some sort of Heroes for Hire series would be? You've got to imagine it's been at least explored. Their scenes together were a highlight of both The Defenders and Luke Cage season two, in my opinion. They could even roll it in with Colleen and Misty and the Daughters of the Dragon stuff.

I would love that.

I think that they've cancelled them so they can put it on the upcoming Disney streaming service.

mugbull
23-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Noooooooooooo, NO, NOOO.

How could they dump Manon :(

I will burn their tent to the ground.

:'(

Manon's the love of my life.

Rahul's different to all the others but he's so unlikeable

John
23-10-2018, 11:40 PM
Watching an episode of the S.W.A.T update, produced by Justin Lin.

This episode features a good looking blonde policeman going undercover with a crew of street racers who rob trucks on mountain roads. The crew's cars are all tarted up black Civics with neon lights underneath. The crew consists of a couple of burly men, a nebbish computer wizard, and a ruthless woman who becomes a puddle on the floor when the leader makes eyes at her.

I'm three minutes in, but I think Justin Lin might be stuck on a theme.

igor_balis
24-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Ruby>Manon.

Think Rahul was by far the best but he's lost his nerve a bit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-10-2018, 09:01 PM
I preferred Ruby to start but Manon just kept looks by better every week. The pink highlights she had at one point :drool:

mugbull
24-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Ruby's hot but a little too Snooki for me. She's also fucking annoying

John
27-10-2018, 12:45 AM
Downloaded the first season of Fringe for a mate the other day so I stuck an episode on to check the quality. I forgot just how light on its feet that first season was. It's a shame it went completely to shit in the later seasons, because that first season suggested something that might top the best things the X-Files ever did.

Pleb
27-10-2018, 10:45 PM
I gave the new Doctor Who a go last night.

It's alright isn't it?

Baz
27-10-2018, 10:49 PM
I gave the new Doctor Who a go last night.

It's alright isn't it?I'm really not a fan of the show at all but I've seen bits of episodes over the last few years cos my wife and her family like it. This new series seems like it's realised it's a kids TV show again, which is definitely working in it's favour.

Ian
27-10-2018, 10:50 PM
I think it's decent so far but they seem to be making her a bit middle of the road and super earnest. Hopefully she gets a bit more to set apart to work with because I like Whittaker a lot.

Meanwhile I gave up on Luke Cage as it's like wading through treacle and decided to swerve Iron Fist in favour of Daredevil season 3. I've watched 5 episodes in a sitting. It's just so much better than Cage Iron Fist or big chunks of the second season of Jessica Jones.

The fight / escape scene from the prison is as good as anything they've done.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-10-2018, 11:17 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with that spoiler, it was brilliant.

Also, going back to Netflix cancellations. American Vandal is the latest which is a shame but it probably didn't have legs to go for a third season.

Pleb
28-10-2018, 12:13 AM
I'm hearing whispers that House of Cards isn't safe from the Netflix cancellations overhaul.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
29-10-2018, 09:31 PM
I thought they'd already planned this as the last season now?

John
29-10-2018, 09:36 PM
I'm hearing whispers that House of Cards isn't safe from the Netflix cancellations overhaul.

Are those whispers connected to the official Netflix announcement from months ago that the upcoming season will be the last?

Jimmy Floyd
29-10-2018, 09:42 PM
That whole show will no doubt suffer the same fate as series 1 of The Thick of It.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
29-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Assuming you mean 1 and 2?

The Thick Of It is still outstanding without Hugh though, Spacey was kind of needed for House of Cards to be watchable the last few seasons.

Jimmy Floyd
29-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Chronology varies, Langham did 6 episodes didn't he? 3+3?

Original House of Cards is where the real magic is.

John
29-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Series two consisted of the two lengthy 'Spinners and Losers' specials did it not?

Alan Shearer The 2nd
29-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Maybe they mixed it about at one point but IMDB lists season 1 and 2 as the 6 episodes with Hugh, then the specials then season 3.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
12-11-2018, 07:03 PM
I'm only 2 episodes into the final season of House of Cards but the impression I get is they should have let Spacey touch whoever he wanted and ignored the fallout.

Alex
12-11-2018, 07:22 PM
I think I might have to give that a wide berth, to be honest. I don't think I've heard or read a single favourable thing about it so far.

John
13-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Started watching Bosch, the Amazon thing, and it's very good. You can tell it's based on a series of novels.

The main takeaway is that nobody says the word 'detective' better than Lance Reddick, and as a result he should play every police authority figure on television.

Baz
13-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Has anyone watched They Shall Not Grow Old (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7905466/) yet? Two blokes at work were talking about it and they were practically masturbating with their own saliva.

I bet Davgooner would be all over it.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
13-11-2018, 08:20 PM
It's brilliant.

It's surreal when the footage first changes to colour, given what you're used to seeing in terms of WW1 video.

Yevrah
13-11-2018, 10:36 PM
Kermode raved about it.

Jimmy Floyd
13-11-2018, 11:16 PM
I watched it at broadcast and thought, even as a remembrance cynic, that it was mind-blowingly good.

Yevrah
14-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Where can one watch it? My local is showing 8 screenings of the Freddie Mercury film a day but not a single one of They Shall Not Grow Old.

Jimmy Floyd
14-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Iplayer is the most immediate bet, if you have a reasonable home system.

Yevrah
14-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Cheers Jim. Didn't realise it was on iPlayer.

Davgooner
17-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Has anyone watched They Shall Not Grow Old (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7905466/) yet? Two blokes at work were talking about it and they were practically masturbating with their own saliva.

I bet Davgooner would be all over it.

Haven't seen it yet, you slag.

Mellberg
18-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Dave dropping in, calling someone a slag, and fucking back off :cool:

Spikey M
18-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Lurking waiting for a mention.:spikey:

Kikó
18-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Always ready with the van.

Giggles
18-11-2018, 08:42 PM
Lurking waiting for a mention.:spikey:

:nodd:

:wanker:

Baz
19-11-2018, 01:42 PM
you're welcome.

have you watched it yet Don ?

Alan Shearer The 2nd
27-11-2018, 07:04 PM
I swear Narcos gets better as it goes on. Another fantastic season.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-11-2018, 11:53 AM
Daredevil cancelled now :(

Pleb
30-11-2018, 12:49 PM
The Disney Netflix streaming service in full swing I see.

Spikey M
30-11-2018, 01:25 PM

Superheroes are shit.

Giggles
02-12-2018, 04:38 PM
They fucking re-made Are You Being Served? Didn't change a thing either, had to do a double take that it wasn't an old episode.

Raoul Duke
03-12-2018, 10:20 PM

FFS. Is that only JJ which is confirmed?

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-12-2018, 10:30 PM
JJ and Punisher (both with a season next year) are the only ones left.

Disney must be forcing Netflix as they want to put them on their streaming site when it launches. I can understand them cancelling Cage and Iron Fist (despite liking them both) but Daredevil is completely different though.

randomlegend
20-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Vic and Bob's big night out is great :D

mo
26-12-2018, 10:35 PM
Started watching Sunderland Til I Die. Started off slow and wasn't going to continue with it, but I'm hooked now. Really interesting look behind the scenes at a basket case club. Adds a whole new layer of context to an outsider (and I imagine something extra to the die hard fans) as to why they imploded so spectacularly. Just got to the end of the January transfer window when Rodwell decides to stay (E5).

Foe
26-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Spoiler alert!

Tbf I'm watching the "all of nothing" programme on Amazon prime which are similar.

The Michigan wolverines college football team one is interesting for me as the college sports game is amazing. It's not as in depth and technical as I was hoping, just a sort of season review so far.

Shindig
26-12-2018, 10:44 PM
I forgot that was happening. I should get into that. EDIT: Shift, Foe.

Giggles
27-12-2018, 06:26 AM
I'd such high hopes for the Michigan one but 3 episodes in and it was binned. Nothing to it at all.

SvN
27-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Watched the first couple of episodes of Escape From Dannemora the last couple of days. It's started off intriguingly, without being mindblowingly good. Hopefully it picks up the pace a bit.

Dark Soldier
28-12-2018, 10:24 PM
New Black Mirror is a really well done concept. Ultimately though its a bit shit.

Boydy
28-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Anyone here watched Deutschland 83? I've finally got around to it now and it's fucking brilliant.

wullie
28-12-2018, 10:35 PM
Yeah, really liked it. '86 is on Channel 4 or More4 a few weeks into 2019 too so I'm looking forward to that a lot

Boydy
28-12-2018, 10:37 PM
The soundtrack is absolutely banging as well.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
28-12-2018, 11:05 PM
New Black Mirror is a really well done concept. Ultimately though its a bit shit.

I concur. Got a bit tedious.

igor_balis
28-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Feel like pure shit just want screenwipe back x

phonics
01-01-2019, 08:50 PM
I got halfway through season 3 of Narcos for New Year. People in general seemed to not enjoy it as much but i thought it was as strong as any of the Escobar series. No idea what that Mexico version is though.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Seen a trailer for that Orange is the New Black on TV earlier. Is Captain Janeway in it?

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Yes.

You'd hate it though.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Big time.

Adamski
01-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Luther is BACK.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
01-01-2019, 09:40 PM
I got halfway through season 3 of Narcos for New Year. People in general seemed to not enjoy it as much but i thought it was as strong as any of the Escobar series. No idea what that Mexico version is though.

I've found Narcos to get better with every season. Mexico is ace.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 10:22 PM
Losing £125k, ouch.

She was pretty good too but a pointless gamble.

Ian
01-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Luther is BACK.

:cool:

Yevrah
02-01-2019, 10:07 PM

I played loads of choose your own adventure books in the 80s and the key to them (apart from Creature of Havoc, which was different level) was not forcing the player to choose an option that if they don't they can't progress. I'm only 10 minutes into this and that's happened twice already.

Yevrah
02-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Yeah, this is properly dull.

Unless there's some clever twist coming I can't fathom why Brooker would use this story for this concept.

Raoul Duke
02-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Anyone watched The Last Kingdom? Very GoT-ish. It's on Netflix.

Baz
03-01-2019, 05:03 AM
Except GoT is about lame wizards and stupid pretend dragons.

randomlegend
03-01-2019, 11:31 AM
I couldn't get into Black Mirror. It's all a bit "oooh look how clever I am with my commentary on modern life" when it's really not.

Adamski
03-01-2019, 11:34 AM
I’ve never seen it but given that you’ve basically just described phonics, I don’t think I’ll bother watching it.

Alex
03-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Anyone watched The Last Kingdom? Very GoT-ish. It's on Netflix.

I watched the first season when it first aired and I remember liking it. I thought that was it though, I didn't realise there had been two more seasons. I would probably have to re-watch the first one now, as I don't really remember what happened.

The Merse
03-01-2019, 12:49 PM
I watched the first season when it first aired and I remember liking it. I thought that was it though, I didn't realise there had been two more seasons. I would probably have to re-watch the first one now, as I don't really remember what happened.

Picked up by Netflix for season 3, all of them on there. Decent enough fare, if a little overacted.

Agree with the Black Mirror sentiments. Mildly interesting at best.

Escape from Dannemore is excellent. Up to the last ep now, and the performances have been great. There's some very well realised pathos in there, a little humour, and it gets somewhat gripping somewhere around ep 4.

Raoul Duke
03-01-2019, 05:57 PM

Just skim through Alfred The Great’s Wikipedia page. Seems to just be that.

Baz
03-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Uhtred is far cooler than Wikipedia could ever do justice.

Season 1 is worth rewatching for that Northern bloke who calls him Arsling too.

Vercetti
03-01-2019, 08:09 PM
I fucked off House of Cards after a few episodes of this last season.

I was teetering when the wife started banging on about "men trying to manage her" her entire life. Then I called it a day when she unveiled her new, all-female, cabinet. Even if their periods synced up and brought the country to a standstill in a future episode, I'm not interested.

Should have just let Spacey run wild until it was finished.

Manc
05-01-2019, 08:53 AM
If I enjoyed Arrested Development and The Office (US) should I consider 30 Rock?

Foe
05-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Nah. I gave up on it after a couple of seasons and I love the us office.

Watch parks and recreation instead.

Raoul Duke
05-01-2019, 09:42 AM
30 Rock is awesome, get on it

John
05-01-2019, 09:43 AM
30 Rock can be great but it's basically a sketch show so it can be very hit and miss. It must have the highest punchlines per minute rate of any show ever though, so generally when there's a dud joke there will already have been four more before you've even finished groaning.

mugbull
05-01-2019, 11:08 AM
30 Rock is definitely the least funny of the three

Manc
05-01-2019, 12:05 PM
It's always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Baz
05-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Workaholics.

Mike
05-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Parks and Recreation is outstanding.

Jimmy Floyd
05-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Parks is the best American sitcom ever by a mile, at least of the many that I have seen. I know Seinfeld and everything, but there's so much more love involved in Parks & Rec, and even the most bizarre characters in it are extremely relatable.

Shindig
05-01-2019, 12:29 PM
I fucked off House of Cards after a few episodes of this last season.

I was teetering when the wife started banging on about "men trying to manage her" her entire life. Then I called it a day when she unveiled her new, all-female, cabinet. Even if their periods synced up and brought the country to a standstill in a future episode, I'm not interested.

Should have just let Spacey run wild until it was finished.

Jesus. You can hear the knees being jerked from space.

phonics
06-01-2019, 02:43 PM
I'm half way through Luther, it seems to have lost everything that made it Luther? It feels so generic.

Panda Bear
06-01-2019, 11:52 PM
I couldn't get into Black Mirror. It's all a bit "oooh look how clever I am with my commentary on modern life" when it's really not.I have seen all of them, and they're all pulp. Episodes may make people consider aspects of technology vis-a-vis society that they would not have otherwise, but that doesn't make the show itself smart. It means the people comprising the audience who find the show smart are either a touch dim or don't think critically.

Panda Bear
06-01-2019, 11:54 PM
Also, anyone who enjoyed Mr. Robot beyond the first few episodes is an idiot.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 11:57 PM
I've seen neither, does that make me a visionary?

Ian
07-01-2019, 06:47 AM
I'm half way through Luther, it seems to have lost everything that made it Luther? It feels so generic.

Interesting, I was trying to decide if it was the hyper-Lutherness that was making me enjoy it less than previous series. Convoluted, unlikely subplots dominating, he's basically just a criminal they let mooch about the police station, Alice is a bitch, etc.

It feels like this serial killer is a chore he just can't be arsed with.

phonics
07-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Interesting, I was trying to decide if it was the hyper-Lutherness that was making me enjoy it less than previous series. Convoluted, unlikely subplots dominating, he's basically just a criminal they let mooch about the police station, Alice is a bitch, etc.

It feels like this serial killer is a chore he just can't be arsed with.

Yeah having now seen the finale, it's just a joke. They've turned him into some comic book super hero character. His boss knows he's directly responsible for the murder of multiple people and seems to feel sorry for him?

The third episode was the only thing that felt like Luther.

wullie
07-01-2019, 11:04 AM
I like how he very quickly decides that the killer won't go home but will return to a scene of a crime, and despite there being loads of crimes he picks the right one first time. Despite it being a London street where two murders have happened, no neighbourhood watch spots the at large serial killer smash a woman's face in daylight on her doorstep, not even the twitch of a curtain when a policewoman gets shot either. I expect ridiculousness from Luther as standard but I don't know, it felt a bit off this time.

Ian
07-01-2019, 11:14 AM
That stuff felt more like some of the extremes of the first series or two where he magically guessed stuff whereas I thought the last couple of series had curbed a little of that.

wullie
07-01-2019, 11:18 AM
My favourite was the episode where the killer was seen crouching on CCTV and from that alone Luther worked out in seconds he was rolling dice as part of some kind of D'n'D game. CASE SOLVED

John
10-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Brooklyn Nine Nine starts back tonight.

Giggles
10-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Brooklyn Nine Nine starts back tonight.

:drool:

Alex
10-01-2019, 11:09 PM
The Sopranos is 20 years old today. :|

I suppose you could say that it ushered in the so called "golden age of television", and has arguably never been topped.

igor_balis
11-01-2019, 12:10 AM

I suppose you could say that it ushered in the so called "golden age of television", and has arguably never been topped.

I'd go with the Wire by a whisker, but I couldn't argue with anyone who put it at #1.

Limoutsonik
12-01-2019, 05:20 AM
New show recommendation: Sex Education. US/UK Netflix production,Gillian Anderson is also in it and it's quite good fun. I have only seen 2 episodes so far and it's stellar. It's comedic in tone and has to do with Anderson's 16 year old son coping with her being a sex therapist and being a 16 year old at school. Sounds dreary but it really isn't.

Baz
12-01-2019, 07:11 AM
Come on then John, tell us why it’s no good.

John
12-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Come on then John, tell us why it’s no good.

Excuse me?

Giggles
12-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Yeah I've lost track of what show he means.

Baz
12-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Red Dwarf comes out in BluRay on Monday. £37.72 (https://amzn.to/2RmkUNk) for a 19 disc set of eight series seems like a sweet deal.

Queenslander
12-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Been watching Mad Men with the missus and I must say it is good fun. Love the family dynamics but I doubt my sex drive could compete with Don Drapers.

Manc
13-01-2019, 11:04 AM
After the Screaming Stops is the height of television. Comic gold.

Mazuuurk
13-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Just finished watching the whole series of that the other week for the first time. I'd gotten to maybe the 4th season before (back almost 20 years ago then I suppose, cause I watched it on good old TV).

It really is quite amazing, and one of those shows you appreciate more the more you think about it.

phonics
13-01-2019, 01:46 PM
I found out a few years ago when chatting to someone about it that I hadn't watched the last season by accident. He was talking about the ending and I thought, "I don't remember it ending like that..."

Giggles
13-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Was just thinking there while watching the series 5 Hallowe'en Heist in Brooklyn Nine Nine that they better find a way of still doing one even though it starts in January instead of September now.

Spikey M
13-01-2019, 03:06 PM
I tried to watch the Soprano's a couple of years ago and couldn't be arsed with it. As good as it may have been, it's not aged well at all.

Kikó
13-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Been watching Mad Men with the missus and I must say it is good fun. Love the family dynamics but I doubt my sex drive could compete with Don Drapers.

We just finished it and it was worth the watch. I like the way they fit the events of the time into the story line like JFK, the moon landing, race riots etc. Don's character is well developed by the end - he's not as cool as he comes across.

I tried to watch the Soprano's a couple of years ago and couldn't be arsed with it. As good as it may have been, it's not aged well at all.

Wrong.

Queenslander
13-01-2019, 11:24 PM
We just finished it and it was worth the watch. I like the way they fit the events of the time into the story line like JFK, the moon landing, race riots etc. Don's character is well developed by the end - he's not as cool as he comes across.

I do love the 50s and 60s for big events.

Don is complex to the point where Im prepared to forgive him everytime he treats his kids well.

Alex
15-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Has anybody watched the premiere (well, it was a double episode) of the new season of True Detective? I thought it was very good.

Giggles
15-01-2019, 02:09 PM
They lost me at Colin Farrell.

Manc
15-01-2019, 02:49 PM
Season 2 was a bit of a mess. Felt like they were trying to force talent into the show.

Nothing will trump the first season. Matthew made sure of that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-01-2019, 02:58 PM
I didn't even bother with the second season due to the cast.

Cast looks better this season though.

Disco
15-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Am I the only one who liked the second series? Obviously not as good as the first and lost it's way a bit towards the end but still interesting.

Alex
15-01-2019, 05:01 PM
They lost me at Colin Farrell.

You don't have to worry about that though. It's an anthology series, the cast rorates every time. So Mahershala Ali is the main man this time. He's very good. So far it's been a lot more like the first season in terms of the tone, but not so much that it feels like an imitation of it. It's gone back to the "multiple time periods" set up, for example. Which wasn't a feature of the second season, from memory.

Am I the only one who liked the second series? Obviously not as good as the first and lost it's way a bit towards the end but still interesting.

No, I thought it was mostly enjoyable enough. I thought Farrel was largely pretty good in it. Vince Vaughn was the major misstep, I suppose. But a lot of that was to do with the really serious, often strangely verbose dialogue they kept making him deliver. Because he tends to play sarcastic, smarmy bastards by trade that's how everything came off. He just wasn't right for the tole.

It was nothing like the first season (which obviously it wasn't meant to be), but because the first season was a near-masterpiece it suffered under the weight of the name. If the first season never existed I don't think it would have gotten half the amount of stick that it did.

Disco
15-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Yup, I swear at least half of the criticism was because it didn't share anything with the first series.

Foe
15-01-2019, 07:11 PM
Anyone watch either of Vikings or The Man in the High Castle or tower or something.

Watched the pilot of both and neither particularly gripped me, trying to work out if either is worth sticking with?

Also finished parks and rec. so good, but as per so many others the last few episodes were god awful soppy wrap up shit.

Disco
15-01-2019, 07:16 PM
I thought Vikings was fun enough, it drops off a cliff at a very obvious point but most of it is decent enough. Man in the Castle was an interesting premise but I found almost all of the characters terminally annoying.

Jimmy Floyd
15-01-2019, 07:18 PM
I really struggled with the most recent series of High Castle due to Juliana being a pain in the arse to even look at, got about 1.5 episodes in.

Giggles
15-01-2019, 07:21 PM
I loved Man in the High Castle. Sooner the better it's back, though Discovery will do for now.

Baz
15-01-2019, 07:24 PM
I thought Vikings was fun enough, it drops off a cliff at a very obvious point but most of it is decent enough. Man in the Castle was an interesting premise but I found almost all of the characters terminally annoying.Yep, this. Although I watched more of Man In The High Castle before binning both off.

Mazuuurk
16-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Also finished parks and rec. so good, but as per so many others the last few episodes were god awful soppy wrap up shit.

I've always wondered why Comedy shows always seem to feel the need to leave the viewers on like a dramatic, sad note. Isn't the point to make people laugh and feel good? Why (attempt to) make people cry right at the end? The premise is always the same: Everyone leaving, Finding new jobs or Cities but finally finding love or their calling or what have you, etc etc.

Can they not just basically end it with "We were doing this stuff for 8 or 10 years and we're just gonna keep doing it but you won't see it. Peace out" :sorry:

Baz
16-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Have it all laughs like Workaholics, yeah.

Actually that ended on a bit of a bummer. I just wanted to mention Workaholics for the millionth time, I think.

John
16-01-2019, 06:23 PM
I thought Parks ended very well. The episode with Ron and Leslie locked in the office alone overnight in particular is one of the three or four best episodes of the whole thing, and ticks all the boxes you're moaning about.

I'd take it over badly written shite like Workaholics all day.

Giggles
18-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Discovery :drool:

Liking the way it seems to be heading after the first series.

Manc
19-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Peaky Blinders. Is it everything you hope it to be?

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2019, 05:10 PM
I lost all interest very early on in the third season.

igor_balis
19-01-2019, 06:05 PM
I thought season 1 of True Detective lost its way a bit. First half was brilliant but I thought the second half went a bit weird. Not good weird.

Baz
19-01-2019, 09:11 PM
I thought season 1 of True Detective lost its way a bit. First half was brilliant but I thought the second half went a bit weird. Not good weird.

Yer the ending was abysmal.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-01-2019, 01:59 AM
Watched the first three episodes of The Punisher season 2 and it has started seriously well.

It also contained such a brilliant line:

You're looking at 4 counts of murder
I didn't murder anyone, they died of terminal stupidity.

Limoutsonik
21-01-2019, 02:28 AM
There are more lines like that to be found plus one meme-worthy GIF ready to be made. You will know it when you see it.

Mazuuurk
21-01-2019, 03:24 PM
I'm rewatching though Game of Thrones with the missus (she hasn't seen it before) and watching the early seasons with Neddy Stark, Tywin et al really seems like an age ago now when you watch it.

Also watching Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix, which is sort of weirdly good. I don't know why it's good, but it is. Kind of depressing in many ways.

Manc
21-01-2019, 06:13 PM
I found the Sunderland documentary fascinating. The lack of professionalism from top to bottom was astonishing. Chris Coleman talking solely in metaphors was a highlight.

Giggles
21-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Not sure where I read it, could have been here but I think it was Twitter, but apparently it's full of continuity balls ups.