PDA

View Full Version : 2019 aims and goals

Pages : [1] 2

Boydy
31-12-2018, 11:05 PM
What are you going to do with your lives next year then fellas?

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-12-2018, 11:07 PM
Get a job and a lady (not an Eastern European cam whore) hopefully.

mugbull
31-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Applying to grad school, so getting into a good one would make my year there

Boydy
31-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Maybe don't call them 'ladies' for starters, Mahow.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-12-2018, 11:11 PM
Maybe don't call them 'ladies' for starters, Mahow.

I don't call them anything face to face sadly :(

Offshore Toon
31-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Basic stuff, mostly (health and career). I've been learning to DJ recently, but tbh it's not as fun as I thought it'd be. You can't enjoy a party whilst DJing, and it's difficult to even enjoy your own set. I want to produce but I can't afford a new laptop atm which is holding me back, and that takes us back to the new job thing.

mugbull
31-12-2018, 11:23 PM
Basic stuff, mostly (health and career). I've been learning to DJ recently, but tbh it's not as fun as I thought it'd be. You can't enjoy a party whilst DJing, and it's difficult to even enjoy your own set. I want to produce but I can't afford a new laptop atm which is holding me back, and that takes us back to the new job thing.

What do you DJ? If you’ve got friends in the crowd it’s fun as shit, and even if you don’t you can just enjoy the tunes. And if you make music, playing your shit and watching it go down well with the crowd is akin to a prostate orgasm

Lewis
31-12-2018, 11:25 PM
I will visit Vienna, and I need some new trainers.

Offshore Toon
31-12-2018, 11:34 PM
What do you DJ? If you’ve got friends in the crowd it’s fun as shit, and even if you don’t you can just enjoy the tunes. And if you make music, playing your shit and watching it go down well with the crowd is akin to a prostate orgasm
Drum and bass usually, but just because that's what most of my friends prefer. I just prefer being in the crowd not having to worry about what to play next, how to mix it and whether people are enjoying it. I'm sure it'll get easier, though. I want to become a don with techno, dubstep and grime over this year.

Boydy
31-12-2018, 11:38 PM
I will visit Vienna, and I need some new trainers.

What happened to your old 'I hate holidays' stance?

mugbull
31-12-2018, 11:39 PM
Producing and DJ’ing go hand in hand obviously, you should def try your hand at the former and you don’t need a god computer for that either

Lewis
31-12-2018, 11:41 PM
What happened to your old 'I hate holidays' stance?

Wasn't it more not seeing the point of going somewhere to just sit about in the sun?

Offshore Toon
31-12-2018, 11:46 PM
Producing and DJ’ing go hand in hand obviously, you should def try your hand at the former and you don’t need a god computer for that either
I've done it before, but my laptop is seriously shit.

mugbull
31-12-2018, 11:53 PM
Tbf, getting a copy of Ableton or whatever + 1 synth will cost the same as a laptop decent enough to run it, so you might as well double your get-stuck-in price. It mustve cost a bit for the DJ stuff too though no?

Kikó
31-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Learn python, learn a language (Spanish, Italian or Portuguese), get promoted.

Offshore Toon
31-12-2018, 11:56 PM
I've got Ableton and there are decent synths on the market for not much. The DJ stuff is my mate's, but they'll be at mine for the foreseeable future. When he moves and wants them back I'll make a decision whether to get my own. If I had a decent laptop I could just get a controller, though, but that'd be a bit of a backwards step.

Offshore Toon
31-12-2018, 11:57 PM
I'd also like to start coding.

Spikey M
01-01-2019, 12:03 AM
I have achieved my goals for now and am genuinely happy as I am. No more kids, just raising the ones I have. Starting a new job the day after tomorrow. We will see where we go from here. It's quite relaxing to have no plans.

Shindig
01-01-2019, 12:06 AM
I'd also like to start coding.

Get a Raspberry Pi and go nuts.

I'm gonna book that trip to New York before I decide to chicken out. I'd like to travel just a bit before my passport expires. Oh, and should probably make some effort into finding someone to settle down with. Other than that, I've nailed life.

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 12:16 AM
My aim for 2019 is to just grow up, essentially.

After faffing around after uni I got a temp job in an office on £10/hour, and living at home rent free I managed to save up £5,000 in 9 months.

Moved to Edinburgh and after another 9 months I'd come back home with my tail between my legs, slightly deranged, quite fat and £5k savings had turned into £3.5k of credit card debt, lol.

It's two and a half years since I moved back and I'm still on pretty much exactly £-3,500, despite living at home rent free on a solid wage the whole time. I've had a pretty fun time, and made genuine progress in a lot of areas - best shape i've been in since I was a teenager, gained more confidence with the opposite sex, and have a great network of mates. Don't think I have any genuinely impressive skills but I'm fucking quality at making and maintaining friendships. But I'm drinking (and the other stuff) too much, stuck in the same shit town and the same dead-end job. It was alright when I was 23 and it was like a post-university bonus level, but I'm fucking 27 and l'm a bit bored of it.

Also, whilst I sort of play up to being a bit of a div on here, I'm like...not an idiot. I was always the smart kid at primary school and basically smashed GCSEs, A-Levels and my degree without doing any fucking work (i imagine a lot on here are like that). I took pride in pissing it and lolled at losers getting their boring jobs and boring lives and trying, and this year I finally realised it's me that's the cunt and not them. I err, basically want to stop that stuff.

To be more specific I have a basic plan to keep my head down and be really fucking boring all year. Mostly knock drinking and drugs and all the other impulsive shit on the head, eat healthily, exercise, pay off my debts and save up some money. Then late 2019/early 2020 transfer within my current shit job to somewhere with more stuff going on and then find a "proper" job.

Think I'm ready for a serious relationship as well, but I'd take an increase in casual sex.

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 12:17 AM
I saw in 2019 writing THAT. ffs

Lewis
01-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Twat.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 12:18 AM
Dying painlessly.

Shindig
01-01-2019, 12:18 AM
I feel like asking what age Igor is at. If it's beyond 24, he's a fucking toilet.

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 12:24 AM
I feel like asking what age Igor is at. If it's beyond 24, he's a fucking toilet.

Just turned 27. I mean you're not wrong, but in the spirit of self-improvement, what specifically? P.s. happy new year you cunt

Boydy
01-01-2019, 12:28 AM

It says in the fucking post.

Lewis
01-01-2019, 12:29 AM
Twenty-seven. That shitty beard adds ten years.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 12:32 AM

The posts take off 6.

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 12:33 AM
It does but only in the sense it makes me look my actual age.

Spikey M
01-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Just turned 27. I mean you're not wrong, but in the spirit of self-improvement, what specifically? P.s. happy new year you cunt

Probably the bit where you spent £8.5k that you didn't have.

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 12:38 AM
Probably the bit where you spent £8.5k that you didn't have.

Correction, £5k I had, £3.5k that I didn't. I don't even know how I managed it, I didn't even do drugs. The shit excuse I'm going with is that before my dad took me back to my mum's house every weekend as a kid he'd give me like £20 and literally say "don't spend it sensibly".

Shindig
01-01-2019, 12:45 AM
You're chasing shags and then moaning when they don't lead anywhere like a teenage girl / gay man. Either you're desperate to find 'the one' like your body clock is wired to explode or you're just a massive preening tease that wants to masquerade every shag as a potential relationship.

Settle the fuck down.

Spikey M
01-01-2019, 12:47 AM
"massive preening tease"

He's posted pictures of himself.

Kikó
01-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Get a Raspberry Pi and go nuts.

I'm gonna book that trip to New York before I decide to chicken out. I'd like to travel just a bit before my passport expires. Oh, and should probably make some effort into finding someone to settle down with. Other than that, I've nailed life.

Why get a pi?

Shindig
01-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Cheapness. And they did pitch that thing as an option to get schoolkids into programming.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Cheapness. And they did pitch that thing as an option to get schoolkids into programming.

Arduino :nodd:

Boydy
01-01-2019, 12:51 AM
You know you can code on any computer, right?

Shindig
01-01-2019, 12:52 AM
Aye but can you?

Boydy
01-01-2019, 12:52 AM
Yes.

Kikó
01-01-2019, 12:55 AM
I think code academy is a decent starting point.

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 12:56 AM
You're chasing shags and then moaning when they don't lead anywhere like a teenage girl / gay man. Either you're desperate to find 'the one' like your body clock is wired to explode or you're just a massive preening tease that wants to masquerade every shag as a potential relationship.

Settle the fuck down.

Nah, I'm not chasing shags. I'm looking to meet people for meaningful relationships, I've just taken crap sex when it's been available as a consolation.

Shindig
01-01-2019, 01:00 AM
And bottled it on occasions when it's there on a plate. "URMIGAWD, THIS ITALIAN LASS IS INTO MEE!!!!!!!!" <nothing happens>

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 01:05 AM
And bottled it on occasions when it's there on a plate. "URMIGAWD, THIS ITALIAN LASS IS INTO MEE!!!!!!!!" <nothing happens>

I don't think the consistent fuck up is bottling it though, it's getting some vague interest from a woman then getting massively carried away. Italian girl for example was fucking 18 years old, it was ridiculous but she was alright looking and I was flattered. I mean you've got a point in that I've probably over-analysed my way out of a few shags but I've definitely not bottled on anything even remotely approaching a proper relationship.

Shindig
01-01-2019, 01:06 AM
It's more that we're hearing about it every time it happens.

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 01:07 AM
It's more that we're hearing about it every time it happens.

Aye but that's just because my life is so boring that as soon as a 5/10 girl matches with me on tinder I decide I'm in love for about a day and come on here to tell everyone.

Magic
01-01-2019, 01:12 AM
Learn python, learn a language (Spanish, Italian or Portuguese), get promoted.

Definitely a nonce.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 01:14 AM
Don't listen to Shinners, I want more stories Igor.

Kikó
01-01-2019, 01:26 AM
Definitely a nonce.

You on waffles gear?

Jimmy Floyd
01-01-2019, 01:31 AM
I want to get better at everything. Better at living, better at working, better at cricket, better at telling other people how to play cricket, better at accumulating money and spending it on things from which I benefit, better at talking to people, better at being healthy, better at not being afraid of things, better at dealing with the llama in the basement, better at coming up with relatable euphemisms.

Better at golf, too, but I like to stick to realistic aims and goals.

Kikó
01-01-2019, 01:34 AM
Tell more re llama.

Lewis
01-01-2019, 01:46 AM
In a word, you want to be fabulous.

Jimmy Floyd
01-01-2019, 02:07 AM
Tell more re llama.

There are many possible approaches to the llama problem (and it is a problem). Some people are able to just blast through the basement door with two glasses and a bottle of llama prosecco and dance the night away, but that approach isn't for everyone and it certainly wasn't for me. You can convince yourself quite easily that there isn't a llama there at all, or you can just leave it buried down there and hope that it will starve to death or crawl out through the ventilation ducts. I've left mine down there for bloody years awaiting one of these outcomes, because the fact is that having a llama in your basement makes life about 20 times more difficult than it would otherwise be. However, eventually I think you have to come to accept that the llama is there, for better or worse, and he's your llama, so you'd better look after him.

I am still in the exploratory stages of llama husbandry, however, so the rest I suppose we will or won't find out later.

Boydy
01-01-2019, 02:11 AM
How long ago did you start dropping hints about the llama here? I've thought you might have a llama for quite a while now.

Do your family know about your llama?

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 02:11 AM
Are we the only ones that know about the llama? Have others fed it yet?

Manc
01-01-2019, 02:15 AM
Is the Llama also a bender?

Jimmy Floyd
01-01-2019, 02:20 AM
How long ago did you start dropping hints about the llama here? I've thought you might have a llama for quite a while now.

Do your family know about your llama?

I haven't deliberately dropped hints really, they've just fallen out like change from my pocket, but I've been doing that for years probably, on a very occasional basis.

No, they don't, I'm sure it won't be a problem when they do but that isn't really the issue.

Are we the only ones that know about the llama? Have others fed it yet?

No, a select few 'irl' know. Doing it here is useful practice.

Jimmy Floyd
01-01-2019, 02:29 AM
Is the Llama also a bender?

Maybe he is, and maybe people like you are among the myriad reasons he is still in the fucking basement.

igor_balis
01-01-2019, 02:42 AM
Maybe he is, and maybe people like you are among the myriad reasons he is still in the fucking basement.

Aye, I didn't want to "get offended" on your behalf in a patronising guardianista way, but now you've said that I feel happy to tell Manc to fuck off.

Spikey M
01-01-2019, 07:55 AM
better at dealing with the llama in the basement, better at coming up with relatable euphemisms.

:D

Foe
01-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Quite fancy a house if brexit and / or the oil price don't cause mayhem. Need to work out what to do with my flat is that's the case though.

As with any year i really do need to make more of an effort to find a girlfriend. I'm too content with own independence but it's not a long term sustainable solution as more and more friends settle down.

Going to need to start doing some cardio too or my arteries are going to become like jelly.

Think the key to finding a girlfriend will mean dating a few girls who are in late twenties/early thirties.

Baz
01-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Reach 5,750 posts.

mugbull
01-01-2019, 11:41 AM
I've got Ableton and there are decent synths on the market for not much. The DJ stuff is my mate's, but they'll be at mine for the foreseeable future. When he moves and wants them back I'll make a decision whether to get my own. If I had a decent laptop I could just get a controller, though, but that'd be a bit of a backwards step.

So you’re spinning proper records then? Big ups, I only ever do it digitally with a controller (but it makes it infinitely easier to B2B with a mate)

Lewis
01-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Aye, I didn't want to "get offended" on your behalf in a patronising guardianista way, but now you've said that I feel happy to tell Manc to fuck off.

He'll tell everyone this afternoon now you've got his back.

Mazuuurk
01-01-2019, 01:09 PM
For me, who struggle with completely grasping Jims subtle British allegories here, is that basically him 'officially' coming out to us on here?

Foe
01-01-2019, 01:13 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think llamas are native to Sussex.

Mazuuurk
01-01-2019, 01:16 PM
For me, in the coming year I want to get back on track with living a bit more healthily. I have been for maybe 3 years now (mostly), but the past 2 months have been a bit lavish. Normally I aim to train 5-6 times a week these days and I haven't been, which has had bad effects on sleep, stress, etc. So that. Also, I'm having another kid, so that'll be the main event of 19 and basically trying to understand how to deal with that. It would be great if we could move flats, but I'm not super stressed about it for now.

Offshore Toon
01-01-2019, 02:08 PM
So you’re spinning proper records then? Big ups, I only ever do it digitally with a controller (but it makes it infinitely easier to B2B with a mate)
Vinyl? Nah, its a Pioneer XDJ-RX with a couple of his speakers. Still pretty expensive so I'd rather get a laptop and synth first.

-james-
01-01-2019, 02:23 PM
I would like to be less anxious in 2019.

Pepe
01-01-2019, 02:49 PM
Applying to grad school, so getting into a good one would make my year there

What are you going for? I am trying to remember and I want to say computer science, or maybe some crap like finance.

mugbull
01-01-2019, 04:40 PM
What are you going for? I am trying to remember and I want to say computer science, or maybe some crap like finance.

I did math & computer science for my undergrad, but I’m going for statistics / econometrics for grad school. Essentially I want to go into policy econ eventually instead of cucking around in the Silicon Valley tech scene

Pepe
01-01-2019, 05:31 PM
I nailed it. Good luck with that. :thbup:

Pepe
01-01-2019, 05:32 PM
As for my plans and goals, I think it can be easily summarized: don't fuck up.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
01-01-2019, 05:41 PM
Knock off at least half a stone will be the immediate goal, that won't begin until next week though.

mugbull
01-01-2019, 05:51 PM
I nailed it. Good luck with that. :thbup:
Thanks fam fam

Panda Bear
01-01-2019, 06:52 PM
go to a psychiatrist, work with an occupational therapist, become a properly functioning human being capable of accomplishing personal goals for the first time in seven years

Panda Bear
01-01-2019, 06:56 PM
For me, who struggle with completely grasping Jims subtle British allegories here, is that basically him 'officially' coming out to us on here?He did it in another thread, but yes.

The board has already made zink jokes, and I don't think anyone has said it's better for him to come out to us rather than on us.

Lewis
01-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Floyd, mate, what is the big deal? Tell me to STAY IN MY LANE, but does this really alter your life? You are an otherwise fully-formed adult man, and nobody around you worth a wank will care. The only thing that has changed is that, instead of being destined to marry an awful woman with a fat arse who 'loves gin' and refers to you by your full first name, you now have some weird sixties living arrangement with a 'straight-acting' solicitor to look forward to. Kick the llama out and get on, faggot.

Foe
01-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Although the manner of that post is a bit blunt I think the over arching message is true.

I'm glad TTH is there as practice, but if your family are likely to be good with it, as you'd hope, everyone else should accept it or they deserve to be fucked off.

Suspect you'll feel amazing when you're just getting on with your life and not worrying about what others do or would think.

mugbull
01-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Being different is always preferable to fitting in, as long as you have some mates

Jimmy Floyd
01-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Floyd, mate, what is the big deal? Tell me to STAY IN MY LANE, but does this really alter your life? You are an otherwise fully-formed adult man, and nobody around you worth a wank will care. The only thing that has changed is that, instead of being destined to marry an awful woman with a fat arse who 'loves gin' and refers to you by your full first name, you now have some weird sixties living arrangement with a 'straight-acting' solicitor to look forward to. Kick the llama out and get on, faggot.

I don't want to get all Owen Jones on you because that's not my outlook on these things at all, but you've just informed me that it is no big deal, and then told me I am due a 'weird sixties living arrangement' and called me a faggot, both in the same paragraph.

Everybody deals with it differently. Some people will have found it a lot easier than me. Others will find it even harder than me and hide it for life. Unlike most of history I don't have a legal imperative to hide it so I'm quite relieved with my lot. That said, you can only deal with it using the resources you have. If you're not an extroverted, self-confident person anyway (and I am not) then I don't know how you would magically acquire these qualities for the purpose of dealing with one of the bigger existential issues that a person will face. I am smart so I can rationalise it very effectively and not hate myself for it, but I don't have a way of easily projecting that into the wider world. Maybe other people do (although with this issue there will be a lot of confirmation bias involved), in which case I'm very happy for them.

You have to drag yourself over social and psychological coals in a way that I don't think straight people ever have to. On each of the three occasions I've told real people, and even for the first two or three posts I mentioned it on here, I have felt sick with nerves both before and afterwards. People may talk a very good game, these days, and the chances of being beaten up or called things are far less than in the past, but there are still soft signals all around you that tell you you're not welcome in the mainstream of lived experience. Then there is the reality that the facts of life, relationship/reproduction wise, actually are against you. All these things need to be conquered and it isn't just a case of jumping out of the proverbial wardrobe, like Alan Partridge in that episode but this time dressed as a princess.

This isn't meant to be a misery-me victim whinge. What I'm going through is far easier than, say, what Magic is going through, or what Mellin went through, or anything like that. But I can tell you that it very much is a big deal.

phonics
01-01-2019, 11:34 PM
If it helps my aunt and uncle who’s social views could be described as regressive racially, sexually etc. Or just summed up as ‘well brexit’ Got over my cousin being a lesbian within 24 hours. Love conquers all.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 11:35 PM
It is a big deal because society is still a massive dick, people are better but they're nowhere near great.

Doesn't help that people are still not meant to have llamas in their basement and if they do it's automatically against the norm.

Just look at how it's still a fucking huge taboo in sport when it shouldn't matter one bit.

Jimmy Floyd
01-01-2019, 11:36 PM
If it helps my aunt and uncle who’s social views could be described as regressive racially, sexually etc. Or just summed up as ‘well brexit’ Got over my cousin being a lesbian within 24 hours. Love conquers all.

It's not about fear of bad reactions (although they do happen, though probably not to me), it's fear of the unknown and having to get your own head around it.

Dark Soldier
01-01-2019, 11:51 PM

Get producing some early jungle/tech-step - modern DNB mash ups. You'll be signed to Metalheadz in no time. Aspire to be Dom & Roland innit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyfdV2xH_Nk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2HR96y5h5Q

Good luck with it though man, I love the sound and enjoying that the old vibe is finally making a comeback after several years of bleepy vocal inane wank. Do a mix or two and I'm happy to give them a listen.

Dark Soldier
01-01-2019, 11:54 PM
As for life, I'm off to my first musical festival in July, in Romania - https://electriccastle.ro/.

Aiming to move jobs, keep up with the fitness, continue to knock drink on the head. Been clean from weed for a year so time to tackle another vice. Write a bit more and try and get some more things published. Things are on form with the missus, life is fucking amazing right now.

Lewis
01-01-2019, 11:57 PM
I don't want to get all Owen Jones on you because that's not my outlook on these things at all, but you've just informed me that it is no big deal, and then told me I am due a 'weird sixties living arrangement' and called me a faggot, both in the same paragraph.

Everybody deals with it differently. Some people will have found it a lot easier than me. Others will find it even harder than me and hide it for life. Unlike most of history I don't have a legal imperative to hide it so I'm quite relieved with my lot. That said, you can only deal with it using the resources you have. If you're not an extroverted, self-confident person anyway (and I am not) then I don't know how you would magically acquire these qualities for the purpose of dealing with one of the bigger existential issues that a person will face. I am smart so I can rationalise it very effectively and not hate myself for it, but I don't have a way of easily projecting that into the wider world. Maybe other people do (although with this issue there will be a lot of confirmation bias involved), in which case I'm very happy for them.

You have to drag yourself over social and psychological coals in a way that I don't think straight people ever have to. On each of the three occasions I've told real people, and even for the first two or three posts I mentioned it on here, I have felt sick with nerves both before and afterwards. People may talk a very good game, these days, and the chances of being beaten up or called things are far less than in the past, but there are still soft signals all around you that tell you you're not welcome in the mainstream of lived experience. Then there is the reality that the facts of life, relationship/reproduction wise, actually are against you. All these things need to be conquered and it isn't just a case of jumping out of the proverbial wardrobe, like Alan Partridge in that episode but this time dressed as a princess.

This isn't meant to be a misery-me victim whinge. What I'm going through is far easier than, say, what Magic is going through, or what Mellin went through, or anything like that. But I can tell you that it very much is a big deal.

This is genuinely something I don't understand, so, beyond my usual writing style, I'm trying not to be all flippant about it; but why does anything have to be projected or extroverted? Externally, what changes? What new levels of confidence are required, bearing in mind you seem to live your life largely as you want anyway? At the risk of steering right into the ditch, you sound in some ways like you have quite rigid notions of what gayness entails that you struggle to reconcile yourself with. I can see why you have wrestled with it, but now you have taken it on board... So what? You are just you (I reserve the right to mock your character and faggotry, lest I exile you from the mainstream), but now something which is inconsequential to everybody other than you is different.

Dark Soldier
02-01-2019, 12:02 AM
Kudos also Jimmy, fair play lad.

Jimmy Floyd
02-01-2019, 12:14 AM
This is genuinely something I don't understand, so, beyond my usual writing style, I'm trying not to be all flippant about it; but why does anything have to be projected or extroverted? Externally, what changes? What new levels of confidence are required, bearing in mind you seem to live your life largely as you want anyway? At the risk of steering right into the ditch, you sound in some ways like you have quite rigid notions of what gayness entails that you struggle to reconcile yourself with. I can see why you have wrestled with it, but now you have taken it on board... So what? You are just you (I reserve the right to mock your character and faggotry, lest I exile you from the mainstream), but now something which is inconsequential to everybody other than you is different.

It means nothing more than that you like men and not women, but people are not islands and evidently that state of affairs has consequences.

At the end of the day, though, it's not an intellectual argument, it's based on emotion and whatever newfangled term equates to the 'soul'.

Queenslander
02-01-2019, 12:18 AM
It's not about fear of bad reactions (although they do happen, though probably not to me), it's fear of the unknown and having to get your own head around it.

Stepping out of that identity comfort zone safety net would trigger fight or flight or freeze responses both emotionally and physicaly. Im sure taking small risks like you are doing is the safest way to go about it kinda like exposure therapy.

Boydy
02-01-2019, 12:22 AM
Jesus christ, Lewis, are you fucking autistic.

wullie
02-01-2019, 12:28 AM
First half of the year is getting ready to keep a baby alive, second half of the year is hopefully not messing it up too much. By 2020 I assume Google will automate the rest.

Jimmy Floyd
02-01-2019, 12:45 AM

Oh and one last thing as I don't wish to hijack the thread boring on about me, but 'faggot' and its variants are bad words. You may not offend me by using them, because I may be arrogant enough to think I'm tough as old boots and can handle it, but as long as those words are in circulation, there will be people like me out there, younger and more impressionable people, being scared to believe in who they are because they are hearing and seeing those words in circulation, and that is an environment you are creating.

Lewis
02-01-2019, 12:48 AM
I honestly do find that hard to believe.

Boydy
02-01-2019, 12:56 AM
"I, as a straight man, don't see what difficulties you'd really face."
Here's some difficulties.
"I find those hard to believe."

:facepalm:

Lewis
02-01-2019, 01:13 AM
Whatever wider societal issues are caused by my choice of words on an internet forum, my original point was in reference to him specifically.

Kikó
02-01-2019, 01:18 AM
Oh so *that's* what a llama is.

Good on you mate in all seriousness.

hfswjyr
02-01-2019, 04:59 AM
Any word on Alpacas? Good on you Jimmy.

2019 for me is to just get out more and do more stuff. Terrible start so far. I've not left the apartment for 2 days. The internet is too engrossing.

Shindig
02-01-2019, 07:07 AM
I bet Lewis reads Jimmy's posts in a different voice now.

Spikey M
02-01-2019, 07:34 AM
He wants his name changed to Alan.

mugbull
02-01-2019, 07:50 AM
Lewis is the most self-centered person I’ve ever known

Mike
02-01-2019, 08:36 AM

It’s put a new spin on the Llama section at Knowsley Safari Park.

Well in though Jimmy, hope all goes well :cool2:

Mike
02-01-2019, 08:38 AM
https://youtu.be/a5QROz_XxDI

SincereTheRebel
02-01-2019, 08:44 AM

I was getting confused too. Google states a llama is a wild camel looking animal or a possible slang word for military artillery. Both versions did have a purpose in the thread(sort of)

Boydy
02-01-2019, 11:27 AM
https://i.giphy.com/media/9ohlKnRDAmotG/200w.gif

Offshore Toon
02-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Get producing some early jungle/tech-step - modern DNB mash ups. You'll be signed to Metalheadz in no time. Aspire to be Dom & Roland innit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyfdV2xH_Nk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2HR96y5h5Q

Good luck with it though man, I love the sound and enjoying that the old vibe is finally making a comeback after several years of bleepy vocal inane wank. Do a mix or two and I'm happy to give them a listen.
Very dark tracks. Nice.

Cheers, will do. Not sure I'd ever go as dark as that, DJing anyway, since all I'm aspiring to is smashing house parties.

Dark Soldier
02-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Well that's a bad start, me dad's just had a heart attack, just got the call in work

Pepe
02-01-2019, 12:51 PM
Lewis is the most self-centered person I’ve ever known

I think that he just doesn't 'do' emotions, so he thinks that you can just reason through this. When he asks what changes externally, he is mostly right (some things do change, of course,) but when it comes to camelids, the main struggles are internal.

Foe
02-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Well that's a bad start, me dad's just had a heart attack, just got the call in work

Fuck.

He nearby? Hope he's getting some good care.

Kikó
02-01-2019, 01:30 PM

Fingers crossed for him.

mugbull
02-01-2019, 01:33 PM
I think that he just doesn't 'do' emotions, so he thinks that you can just reason through this. When he asks what changes externally, he is mostly right (some things do change, of course,) but when it comes to camelids, the main struggles are internal.

Everybody has emotions, just different ones that exhibit in different ways. He’s more of a manchild than Mahow (sorry Mah, not trying to shit on you, just need a point of comparison).

Pepe
02-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Say that to his face and he'll clock you with his pint of milk.

Magic
02-01-2019, 01:48 PM
I tried my wedding ring on my other hand and it got stuck, so I made it worse trying to get it off and it swelled up and went all purple. It was absolutely horrendous, so I had to get my dad to pick me up and he used a Dremel to cut it off. It was the most terrifying, nerve-wracking experience of my life. Mongle of the year award goes to me and it ain't even 24hrs in yet.

Baz
02-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Surely if it went on, you could have lubricated it off?

Using a Dremel could have gone disastrously wrong! I hope someone was filming it, just in case.

Pepe
02-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Magic. :face:

Magic
02-01-2019, 02:08 PM
https://i.ibb.co/WnjvSpc/thumbnail-IMG-20190101-204556.jpg

mugbull
02-01-2019, 02:09 PM
My god. Dude. Why did you try to put it back on anyway??

Magic
02-01-2019, 02:11 PM
It got worse than that, by the way. Videos coming up.

Magic
02-01-2019, 02:17 PM
https://youtu.be/6EvPnQdpe7w

https://youtu.be/sY4OvuZMrxc

Not sure how to embed.

mugbull
02-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Its ok, embedding those would do no one any good

Manc
02-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Subscribed.

Pepe
02-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Look at how he sits. :gay:

Pepe
02-01-2019, 03:11 PM
We should rename that one, btw.

Magic
02-01-2019, 03:14 PM
In fairness I nearly passed out from the pain of doing the thread trick for the 7th time. It felt like my finger was being crushed, burned and skinned at the same time.

I crossed my legs so I could nervously twitch my foot.

Lewis
02-01-2019, 03:43 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/snyx02.png

lmao at that Beadle hand.

Lewis
02-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Mahow, you are off the hook/claw.

Ian
02-01-2019, 03:45 PM
For fuck's sake. :D

SvN
02-01-2019, 03:53 PM
So many amazing moments from both vids :D

Lewis
02-01-2019, 03:58 PM
I was too caught up in lolling at the perspective to realise that it actually explains why it never fit his other hand.

Magic
02-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Glad yous find it so funny eh.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Simmer down Beadle.

SincereTheRebel
02-01-2019, 04:40 PM
It was. Great start to 2019. Your pops cough sounsd savage though Magic

randomlegend
02-01-2019, 05:06 PM
In fairness I nearly passed out from the pain of doing the thread trick for the 7th time. It felt like my finger was being crushed, burned and skinned at the same time.

I crossed my legs so I could nervously twitch my foot.

By the thread trick you mean where you wrap string around your finger after the rings tuck it under the ring and pull it through? Cus that's what I was about to suggest for next time you do it.

Magic
02-01-2019, 05:09 PM
By the thread trick you mean where you wrap string around your finger after the rings tuck it under the ring and pull it through? Cus that's what I was about to suggest for next time you do it.

Yes. It didn't work and each time I did it my finger swole bigger.

Shindig
02-01-2019, 07:22 PM
"Maybe we should give this another go, love." <Hand explodes>

ScousePig
02-01-2019, 11:00 PM

Sorry to just dive in, but you must have played this over and over in your head so of course when you actually speak or type about it you're going to be nervous.

Don't sweat it.

Magic
02-01-2019, 11:12 PM
I was too busy flapping to see Jim's post.

Jim. :cool:

And lol at Lewis being so gammony.

ScousePig
02-01-2019, 11:15 PM
Great entertainment Magic, and nice voice too.

Spikey M
02-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Can we all stop telling Jimmy how to deal with this as if we have the faintest idea? I don't care where anybody puts their cock (as long as (If it's organic) it's human and of age). I also don't understand why anyone else does. BUT, we live in a world where a - not small - number of people absolutely do care, and it's Jimmy that is having to deal with that.

I get the vibe, which seems to be 'Fuk da haterz', and I agree, but surely Anyone that stops to actually think can see how it isn't that easy?

Magic
02-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Great entertainment Magic, and nice voice too.

Settle down, Jimmy.

Spikey M
02-01-2019, 11:25 PM
Oh, and Magic, your family seem pretty fucking cool. :cool:

ScousePig
02-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Can we all stop telling Jimmy how to deal with this as if we have the faintest idea? I don't care where anybody puts their cock (as long as (If it's organic) it's human and of age). I also don't understand why anyone else does. BUT, we live in a world where a - not small - number of people absolutely do care, and it's Jimmy that is having to deal with that.

I get the vibe, which seems to be 'Fuk da haterz', and I agree, but surely Anyone that stops to actually think can see how it isn't that easy?

It's just lending support.

ScousePig
02-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Settle down, Jimmy.

:bamster:

What the fuck?

Baz
03-01-2019, 05:05 AM
:bamster:

What the fuck?

It’s just :gay: now.

Or :handbags:

Mellberg
03-01-2019, 08:00 AM
I had no idea. All the best in dealing with whatever challenges it presents.

And with regards to the comparison (I don't know if your referencing prison or what the missus went through), they were at least isolated incidents. This is obviously more long term, but it's all relative. You just muster the strength you need to deal with the shit. You'll be fine.

Waffdon
03-01-2019, 08:18 AM
Magic’s accent is fucking awful, btw. What on earth.

Magic
03-01-2019, 09:16 AM
I know, neither of my parents were from here and then my dad and step-mum are English. I tried my best to adopt a local twang but dropped it when I started working in Perth at 19. Haven't looked back. Everyone thinks I'm from the central belt. :cool:

randomlegend
03-01-2019, 10:33 AM
In my sphere of existence nobody seems to give the remotest fuck if you're gay, but God help you if you're a woman dealing with some of the older consultants.

Magic
03-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Mate my accent isn't that bad for fuck sake.

Magic
03-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Also me, my little sister and her lesbian mate spent all last night chatting. After I did my ironing, we spent about an hour doing 'yes/no guess' on Tinder for her, and also doing some light flirting with matches. Was quite fun to pretend to be a 17 y0 dyke, and almost makes me want to sign up. However, I could never reduce myself to being judged and slagged off by some cunt.

Boydy
03-01-2019, 10:42 AM
However, I could never reduce myself to being judged and slagged off by some cunt.

You've been posting here for long enough.

Magic
03-01-2019, 10:49 AM
You've been posting here for long enough.

Yes but I can see and also give it back.

Tinder you don't even know how many times you've been rejected or judged based on a fucking shite photo with a filter, a cringeworthy bio and your favourite Spotify song. I mean, really? Fuck me.

mugbull
03-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Magic you’re good looking, and given that you live in Scotland there really can’t be much competition

Alex Ferguson
04-01-2019, 04:49 PM
I've got a list of ten goals/resolutions but my main ones are:

Read at least 25 books
Listen to at least 200 albums
Watch 60 movies

Kikó
04-01-2019, 04:59 PM
The reading books thing is good. I want to do something similar (1 a month maybe would be realistic).

Alex Ferguson
04-01-2019, 05:14 PM
The reading books thing is good. I want to do something similar (1 a month maybe would be realistic).

I'm wondering if that'd be the same for me but I got past halfway and lost interest so I want to push myself. I have enough free time I otherwise waste anyway. Do you use Goodreads?

Waffdon
04-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Yes but I can see and also give it back.

Tinder you don't even know how many times you've been rejected or judged based on a fucking shite photo with a filter, a cringeworthy bio and your favourite Spotify song. I mean, really? Fuck me.

It’s easy. You’d get your hole every week if you wanted.

Mazuuurk
04-01-2019, 05:29 PM
Any word on Alpacas? Good on you Jimmy.

2019 for me is to just get out more and do more stuff. Terrible start so far. I've not left the apartment for 2 days. The internet is too engrossing.

Yo, whatever has happened to your photos?

Magic
04-01-2019, 05:35 PM
It’s easy. You’d get your hole every week if you wanted.

I don't want that (just now).

I need to get my own shit together first.

Kikó
04-01-2019, 05:50 PM
I'm wondering if that'd be the same for me but I got past halfway and lost interest so I want to push myself. I have enough free time I otherwise waste anyway. Do you use Goodreads?

Never used it. Only book type thing I use is audible which helps but not sure I absorb the thing as well as if I sat down to read the thing.

Alex Ferguson
04-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Never used it. Only book type thing I use is audible which helps but not sure I absorb the thing as well as if I sat down to read the thing.

It's a good way of keeping track of all the books you've read. A bit like Letterboxd for books.

mugbull
05-01-2019, 07:02 PM
I’m in Dublin for the night. Giggles if you were a 22 year old man with a desire to have fun and see a new city, what would you do for the night?

Giggles
05-01-2019, 07:04 PM
I’m in Dublin for the night. Giggles if you were a 22 year old man with a desire to have fun and see a new city, what would you do for the night?

Go to bed and hope I woke up aged 50 without such silly urges.

Boydy
05-01-2019, 07:05 PM

lol

Giggles
05-01-2019, 07:06 PM
But really Dublin is fucking awful on the whole and I'd say our ideas of what to get from a city would be as far apart as two ideas could be. I wouldn't even know how to find the same wavelength to help you.

Baz was apparently here once though and I'd say he could lead you in the right direction.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Go to bed and hope I woke up aged 50 without such silly urges.

What a response.

mugbull
05-01-2019, 07:51 PM
But really Dublin is fucking awful on the whole and I'd say our ideas of what to get from a city would be as far apart as two ideas could be. I wouldn't even know how to find the same wavelength to help you.

Baz was apparently here once though and I'd say he could lead you in the right direction.

Yeah i thought i could probably get better tips from the coach driver than you. So far my experience has been lolworthy more so than in any other city ive been to.

Baz baz baz baz baz

Boydy
05-01-2019, 07:56 PM
I once threw up in the McDonald's on O'Connell Street (according to my mate, I don't remember it) if that's any use to you.

Baz
05-01-2019, 08:09 PM
I never went on that stag do cos my missus was preggo.

Mike did though. (I’ve just text him for you.)

And should I be offended by that, Giggles?

Offshore Toon
05-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Dublin has a pretty banging techno scene. Let me see what's on tonight.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Dublin has a pretty banging techno scene. Let me see what's on tonight.

The only place I ever had the misfortune was down with all the Chinese in Club M.

Offshore Toon
05-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Go to this: https://www.facebook.com/events/226416031420467/

Offshore Toon
05-01-2019, 08:16 PM
The only place I ever had the misfortune was down with all the Chinese in Club M.
The Chinese don't do music (or anything creative, which we've previously covered) so obviously that would be shit.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 08:17 PM
For me, anything that could even loosely be labelled as 'techno' is going to fit the description of shit.

Mokbull should just do what we all do in Dublin. Go around getting hit up by scobey cunts looking for change for a 'hostel'.

mugbull
05-01-2019, 08:48 PM
Go to this: https://www.facebook.com/events/226416031420467/

Yeah might as well, can't go wrong with a techno night. Thanks fam

mugbull
05-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Sold out as fuck, but they are saying they will have some tickets at the door. Gotta figure out if thats worth or nah

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Sold out as fuck, but they are saying they will have some tickets at the door. Gotta figure out if thats worth or nah

Have you far to go to see? It's a tiny city.

Offshore Toon
05-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Check the Facebook event for people selling tickets. Everywhere has tickets on the door these days. Just go earlier or later.

mugbull
05-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Have you far to go to see? It's a tiny city.

It's a half hour drive but like I need to get a taxi both ways, which will be annoying as fok if there aren't any tickets.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:15 PM
You must be well out of the city centre then are you? I could throw my coat on now and be at the Tivoli before 10 from here.

mugbull
05-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Alright see you there

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:19 PM

indeed.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Pick him up Giggles.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:24 PM
Pick him up Giggles.

Yet another occasion where he has more chance of Baz sorting him out.

mugbull
05-01-2019, 09:27 PM
I’m by the airport, near someplace called “Swords”

Magic
05-01-2019, 09:31 PM
My aims and goals for 2019 are, and sorry if this is boring, contrived, self-indulgent nonsense it's quite therapeutic to note it down to a respondent audience, rather than a vision board or a Word document that only I will see, as follows:

Get better - I am following a treatment plan for ADHD adults, whereby I identify my strengths and talents and develop them. I am going to live a connected life. I identify what is important to me and nurture it. I identify what I enjoy and do way, way more of it (as long as it isn't destructive). I find replacements for the toxic, quick dopamine hits and avoid alcohol and recreational drugs as much as possible, and I avoid poisonous people and relationships where life allows. I see it as a garden, with 12 segments. No less, no more.

Family – Amber and extended family
Friends and community – Work on this
Work – Positive keep up the good work but be conscious of time
Activities – Definitely work on this
Arts – go to see more shows cultural activities etc
Groups/teams/organisations – work on this
Pets - ?
Nature – working on this
Ideas and info – good at this
Spiritual world – to be a part of something bigger than myself
Past - ?
Myself – after all above is recognised

I'm not going to list my talents, strengths and interests or the good things people have actually taken the time to right down for me, from their perspective. I am absolutely acutely aware of all the negatives and weaknesses.

So, to nurture and tend to all 12 'plants in my garden' is my only aim for 2019. I don't feel overwhelmed by this at all. I want to enjoy life. Emotionally I was hanging by a thread, a thread that was saved by a locum from Germany, who had 2 more days before he went back to his normal place of work in Aberdeen. I am convinced I wouldn't be here now (as in right now), had it not been for that appointment arranged 5 months previous. Convinced.

I am utterly grateful for all I have. My life starts now, and every single person I choose to include in that will benefit. That is my mission. Peace.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:31 PM
I’m by the airport, near someplace called “Swords”

You're nowhere near the actual city then so wouldn't blame you not going in when you're not sorted with a ticket. Swords is like a separate town outside Dublin.

That said, you won't find any techno (or anything else) in Swords.

Offshore Toon
05-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Just head out and see what you come across. Even if you just walk around and get some food at least you've seen some of the city.

Baz
05-01-2019, 10:05 PM
Yet another occasion where he has more chance of Baz sorting him out.
If he was doing this in Liverpool (stuck at the airport in some place called "Speke") there's a good chance I'd help out.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
If he was doing this in Liverpool (stuck at the airport in some place called "Speke") there's a good chance I'd help out.

He doesn't need help and he's not stuck though. He's just looking for something to do in a city he's not really anywhere near.

Lewis
05-01-2019, 10:14 PM
You know who else had a garden, Magic? Fred West.

Baz
05-01-2019, 10:14 PM
When you put it like that... :eyemouth:

(this was at giggles)

Magic
05-01-2019, 10:17 PM
You know who else had a garden, Magic? Fred West.

There's no point in planting dead things. Self defeating.

mugbull
05-01-2019, 10:36 PM
I’ve decided not to spend 100+ euros to walk around in Dublin tonight. Perhaps next time.

Magic, that sounds very extra, but I’m glad it’s giving you some direction

Giggles
05-01-2019, 10:41 PM
I’ve decided not to spend 100+ euros to walk around in Dublin tonight. Perhaps next time.

Magic, that sounds very extra, but I’m glad it’s giving you some direction

41 bus.

Boydy
05-01-2019, 10:50 PM
What were your symptoms for ADHD, Magic?

Shindig
05-01-2019, 11:36 PM
There's no point in planting dead things. Self defeating.

I dunno. My dad needed to put those budgies somewhere and he couldn't just bin them.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 10:25 AM
I was up in Swords this morning, Mokkers didn't wreck the place anyway.

Magic
06-01-2019, 11:01 AM
What were your symptoms for ADHD, Magic?

Will post later. Extensive.

mugbull
06-01-2019, 11:16 AM
I was up in Swords this morning, Mokkers didn't wreck the place anyway.

Still don’t think Guinness should be allowed to exist

Giggles
06-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Still don’t think Guinness should be allowed to exist

Depends in a big way where you're drinking it.

I only remembered this morning when I drove past it about the Wright Venue, it's just outside the village near the Travelodge. They play all that thump thump thump music and was always popular with the youth. That's if it's still open these days.

Shindig
06-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Yeah, Guinness varies from place to place. Depends entirely on who's at the pump.

Offshore Toon
06-01-2019, 12:26 PM
I quite like a Guinness these days. It's probably the coolest looking beer too.

mugbull
06-01-2019, 08:28 PM
It looks dope, but it tastes like flat good beer

Offshore Toon
06-01-2019, 08:30 PM
Sometimes flat is better.

mugbull
06-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Stouts in general, ugh

Spikey M
06-01-2019, 09:05 PM
Guinness is fine, but it's popularity comes from being THE NATIONAL DRINK OF IRELAND, rather than because it's actually good. It's not even the best Irish drink going.

Ian
06-01-2019, 09:10 PM
Stouts. :cool:

Giggles
06-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Guinness is fine, but it's popularity comes from being THE NATIONAL DRINK OF IRELAND, rather than because it's actually good. It's not even the best Irish drink going.

It is though. Because it's stout.

Spikey M
06-01-2019, 09:13 PM
I've always preferred Porters, although I couldn't tell you what the actual difference is. They're basically the same, just, I don't know, 'deeper'?

this (https://www.meantimebrewing.com/beers/core-beers/chocolate-porter/) is a great drink.

Spikey M
06-01-2019, 09:16 PM
It is though. Because it's stout.

You make lots of good beer and Whiskey, Guinness is your Fosters really. That's not to compare it to Fosters in terms of quality, but in terms of being known.

It obviously beats the shit out of most mass produced shit.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 09:26 PM
You make lots of good beer and Whiskey, Guinness is your Fosters really. That's not to compare it to Fosters in terms of quality, but in terms of being known.

It obviously beats the shit out of most mass produced shit.

I dunno. There's loads of small brewer stouts made here that are lovely but when it comes down to it, nothing is like that first mouthful of a good pint of Guinness (pint only, cans are gack).

Jameson whiskey is nice too but on the whole whiskey/whisky is shite anyway so it doesn't count.

Spikey M
06-01-2019, 09:33 PM
I don't get that Giggs. Jameson is a good drop, but how do you like that and write off the rest of the Whiskey world? It's completely different to Bourbon, so fine, but if you like Jameson then you should get on with most generic Scotch.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 09:42 PM
I don't get that Giggs. Jameson is a good drop, but how do you like that and write off the rest of the Whiskey world? It's completely different to Bourbon, so fine, but if you like Jameson then you should get on with most generic Scotch.

It's nice as far as whiskey goes. It's not really an enjoyable drink though, more an image.

Scotch just all tastes burnt.

Magic
06-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Yeah he this shit to fuck please lads. Fuck off to your beer thread.

Baz
06-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Get back to talking about a pretend garden please lads.

Pepe
07-01-2019, 01:58 AM
I've always preferred Porters

Spikey. :cool:

Queenslander
07-01-2019, 02:11 AM
Russian Imperial Stouts :cool:

TG09
07-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Aim to be more productive around the house, fix things and clear rubbish up.
Sort out room for new baby arrival in July.
Sell lots of IT stuff I have but don't use.
Goto the gym more

randomlegend
07-01-2019, 08:39 PM
Aim number 1 of moving in with girl has been achieved. Getting engaged is the next one - ring buying currently in progress.

Not having to repeat my first foundation year cus I'm ill too much would be ideal too.

Oh and get things again. Been fat lad for too long, need to get back to how I was up til I was fifteen. Lost a decent bit already. Want to have most of it off by the time I propose. Probably need to lose 3 stone all together. Fat piece of shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2019, 08:40 PM
My money is on 6 migraines before he asks her.

randomlegend
07-01-2019, 08:41 PM
If I only have 6 migraines between now and then it'll be a fucking miracle.

Shindig
07-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Wait. You realise moving in is like a proper test of whether you two can actually get on under one roof? Like, shopping for a ring now is some retarded, "Well, that was a fun month." madness.

Boydy
07-01-2019, 09:56 PM
They've been together for like a decade, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Shindig
07-01-2019, 10:00 PM
They've been together for like a decade, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Fingers crossed, like.

randomlegend
07-01-2019, 10:23 PM
We've been together 14 years today.

The only difficulties we've ever had have come from not living together tbh.

Shindig
07-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Can't really argue with that. Props.

mugbull
07-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Wait...how old are you now?

Magic
07-01-2019, 11:13 PM
We've been together 14 years today.

The only difficulties we've ever had have come from not living together tbh.

What a naive little shitcunt you are.

I'll be available via PM in 6 months.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2019, 11:17 PM

lol

randomlegend
08-01-2019, 07:04 AM
What a naive little shitcunt you are.

I'll be available via PM in 6 months.

:console:

Pepe
08-01-2019, 01:06 PM
Rubbing helps with the migraines?

randomlegend
08-01-2019, 01:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WTDnnwE.gif

Pepe
08-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Calm down mate.

Mazuuurk
09-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Every time I see Pepe write something that sounds kinda british like that, I always imagine him saying it with a well spanish accent.

"Ey cam daaaun, mah-te!"

phonics
09-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Every time I see Pepe write something that sounds kinda british like that, I always imagine him saying it with a well spanish accent.

"Ey cam daaaun, mah-te!"

That's just Hector Bellerin.

Pepe
09-01-2019, 06:58 PM

"Ey cam daaaun, mah-te!"

I'll do a recording one of these days.

phonics
09-01-2019, 07:07 PM
I realised recently that since I turned my last hobby into my career, I haven't had one since I skateboarded more than a decade ago so I'm going to put my hands to a few things and see if anything fits. One of those is going to try make a game.

Giggles
09-01-2019, 07:08 PM
It ruined Fry.

phonics
09-01-2019, 07:16 PM
It ruined Fry.

Yeah but I'd make a good one.

Boydy
09-01-2019, 07:32 PM
Let's team up, you do the art, I'll do the code.

phonics
09-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Let's team up, you do the art, I'll do the code.

lol, I'm a designer not an artist. I can barely draw a stick figure. I'd be more than happy to work together on something though, gimme a PM.

mugbull
09-01-2019, 07:39 PM
*Does Javascript for a year*
*Thinks he can code a video game*

Boydy
09-01-2019, 07:40 PM
I don't do JavaScript.

phonics
09-01-2019, 07:44 PM
*Does Javascript for a year*
*Thinks he can code a video game*

Tom Francis went from barely knowing basic HTML to releasing Gunpoint in three years. At the end of the day, all coding is just logic sequences and math.

mugbull
09-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Fair enough, if you can do it you can do it

phonics
09-01-2019, 07:49 PM
I mean there's scale. The difference in complexity between 2d and 3d is immense I'm sure.

hfswjyr
10-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Yo, whatever has happened to your photos?

No idea what this is referring to. Are you sure you meant me?

Baz
10-01-2019, 12:32 PM
No idea what this is referring to. Are you sure you meant me?

I feel like he means Raikyn.

Adamski
10-01-2019, 01:24 PM
I don't do JavaScript.

What language do you code in, out of interest?

Boydy
10-01-2019, 02:53 PM
Java.